Forum Settings
Forums

What is the difference between anime and cartoon?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 24, 2017 6:14 AM

Aug 2013
flannan said:
DrGeroCreation said:
@flannan Cartoons can have that as well and can have things to attract adults like sexual innuendos, movie references etc. If you were not so extremely biased against cartoons you would probably know that.

In my (limited) experience, american cartoons can be divided into 2 categories:
1) Ugly, and I do not want to watch them.
2) Too dumb for me.
And sometimes both.
With the growing popularity of anime, some western cartoons have partaken in anime's awesomeness, but this does not change the overall dynamic.
Well that shows your bias. You hardly watch them and automatically hate them. Also anime was influenced by western cartoons in the first place.
Jan 24, 2017 6:19 AM

Dec 2012
Anime is the abbreviation of Animation .. So if you say its a cartoon then it is the same as saying that animation is a cartoon , Which is not true at all..

Are complex graphics in games called Cartoon? Here I just solved the most FAQ of all time..

Jan 24, 2017 6:28 AM

Aug 2013
Anime are cartoons and will always be cartoons. Anime fans who get triggered by anime being referred to as cartoons are self conscience and care too much about what people would say to them .
Jan 24, 2017 11:41 AM

Aug 2009
Saleh_Mazin said:
The only difference i know is that anime is Japanese cartoon but why name Japanese cartoon anime? Why not name American cartoon something? Is there more difference between anime and cartoon and if there is what is it?

How should i explain anime to someone new who does not know any difference between anime and cartoon?
I will have to explain anime to my class tomorrow it will suck.

Really there is no difference. Anime are cartoons made in Japan primarily for a Japanese audience. Calling it anime is basically a country of origin label.Used to be called Japanamation before it was called anime. The only actual difference I can tell between anime are cartoons from everywhere else is that anime has more diversity in genres and larger quantities of it.American cartoons for example have a handful of mecha, fantasy, drama,and adventure cartoons while most American cartoons tend to be comedy regardless if those cartoons are aimed adults or children. The animation or drawing style of anime is diverse but they general stick to a handful of styles while American cartoons use more diversity in its animation style.
Jan 24, 2017 7:17 PM

Nov 2014
[quote=DrGeroCreation message=49430269]
VANSEDE said:
Cartoon has less violence and profanity.(You don see any catoon contain gore scene or nudity right?)So its suitable for children to watch.
Yeah quite suitable for children to watch.

I have no idea...... What did i miss during my entire childhood..... Btw,is it released to the TV program directly?They seriously broadcast DIS kind of stuff to the children?Seriously!
Where Words Fail, Music Speaks.

-Han Christian Anderson
Jan 24, 2017 9:17 PM

Nov 2009
DrGeroCreation said:
Anime are cartoons and will always be cartoons. Anime fans who get triggered by anime being referred to as cartoons are self conscience and care too much about what people would say to them .

It is polite to say "anime". People who don't say "anime" are impolite and/or not our kind of people.
A lot of anime fans (including me) have a long history of antagonism from the side of outsiders. If you want a civil discussion - stop reminding them about it, damnit!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What is an "ironic weeaboo"?

IdeDial - 10 hours ago

25 by animegamer245 »»
10 minutes ago

» What time in a day do you enjoy watching anime the most?

Rinrinka - 11 hours ago

39 by funkykick123 »»
12 minutes ago

» Which anime do you think deserves a reboot or continuation, and why?

Gashadokur0 - May 29

33 by EpicO4 »»
17 minutes ago

» Favorite Sports Anime ?

tchitchouan - May 25

24 by animejas »»
29 minutes ago

» Good characters trapped in bad series.

Anjuro - May 29

39 by animejas »»
40 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.