Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 12, 2015 9:06 AM
Jun 2014
DragonQuest3 said:
Lash_ said:
Korra by far. Why? Because it doesn't need gore and big boobs to be good. A lot of anime suffers from this problem. They rely on eye candy.
There are plenty of anime that don't rely on gore and boobs. Why don't you try looking?

Because Breaking Bad ended my anime career.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Jan 12, 2015 10:39 AM

Apr 2013
ATLA > LOK
Jan 12, 2015 10:46 AM
Jun 2014
Mr7Beans said:
Korra is bad, the third season was the only good thing about it, TLA was better, but it wasn't THAT good either, defiantly not better than most of the anime out there.

What makes you say that
Jan 12, 2015 10:51 AM
Apr 2012
School Days > Korra
Jan 12, 2015 10:55 AM

Dec 2013
Sourire said:
ATLA > LOK

This. And by a mile. Korra is still good, but only good. ATLA is a masterpiece. Korra felt a lot of times like an unnecessary sequel. ATLA covered most of the world, themes, etc. and Korra didn't really expand beyond that, except with the spirit world. having 4 different villains didn't help. Korra didn't felt like a journey, which was one of the strongest points of ATLA.
goodshitgoOdshitJan 12, 2015 11:02 AM
Jan 12, 2015 11:00 AM
Jun 2014
I prefer Korra over ATLA. Its has more mature themes, better main character development, and better art and animation.
Jan 12, 2015 11:12 AM

Jan 2014
ImmaMuggleYou said:
I prefer Korra over ATLA. Its has more mature themes, better main character development, and better art and animation.

That's all you really wanted to say, isn't it?
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jan 12, 2015 11:17 AM
Jun 2014
RedRoseFring said:
ImmaMuggleYou said:

What...? I said other things but you ignored it... -_-
Jan 12, 2015 11:18 AM
Jun 2014
Also Korra has more interesting villains sans Unolok or w/e his name is
Jan 12, 2015 11:21 AM

Dec 2013
Now you're just being silly.
Jan 12, 2015 11:38 AM
Jun 2014
robis798 said:
Now you're just being silly.

Having a different opinion does not = being silly.
Jan 12, 2015 11:42 AM
Jun 2014
robis798 said:
Sourire said:
ATLA > LOK

This. And by a mile. Korra is still good, but only good. ATLA is a masterpiece. Korra felt a lot of times like an unnecessary sequel. ATLA covered most of the world, themes, etc. and Korra didn't really expand beyond that, except with the spirit world. having 4 different villains didn't help. Korra didn't felt like a journey, which was one of the strongest points of ATLA.

ATLA did cover the world, but Korra showed how time can change thing. Republic City and the Metal Clan city are two great examples. Also Korra DOES have more mature themes than ATLA. One aspect of Korra which may have hurt it a bit is the 4 separate seasons which you mentioned, however 3/4 villains were spot on great.
Jan 12, 2015 11:44 AM

Jan 2014
ImmaMuggleYou said:
RedRoseFring said:

What...? I said other things but you ignored it... -_-

Because it is highly unlikely you seriously think those other things.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jan 12, 2015 11:49 AM
Jun 2014
RedRoseFring said:

You don't even know me, whats your problem?
Jan 12, 2015 1:03 PM

Nov 2014
ImmaMuggleYou said:

I thought you were going to talk about Kuvira :o. One thing great about Korra is its progressiveness which animes lack sometimes. The technology aspect of it was nicely put. I didnt like it at first ( I don't think many people did) but now I appreciate they did it to show the passage of time and how society moves forward. Also the destruction of the spirit vines is actually what makes Korra great, it creates lessons for us.

Wha? I liked Kuvira >:(
And liked the other guy pointed out, it was most likely the steampunk setting I disliked, which makes sense, cause I don't really like mecha and stuff.
But either way, Korra was based off of history. Or at least patterns of history.
Jan 12, 2015 1:18 PM

Sep 2014
Avatar was so much better. I really dont like korra as a character but ang was a good character.
Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past."
Jan 12, 2015 1:35 PM
Jun 2014
I thought you were going to talk about the history aspect of Kuvira XP. I think many animes could be said are based of history or w/e its just how you view it.
Jan 12, 2015 1:54 PM

Nov 2014
Oops, I meant history as in events that took place in the past in reality. Not character history/backstory. True, but Korra in particular took many it bits from history.

^^I didn't like Aang as character too much. I thought at times he was too childish, and I really disliked how he got too angry about losing Appa and started blaming others. Sure, Appa was the friend who was with him the longest, but the way he reacted was very much out of character. I loved Korra. I loved how she at first tried solving all her problems head first and with brute strength, but after a while, learned the "right" way. And how in the end, it was about teamwork.

I honestly can't decide whether I like Aang or Korra more, as series. The whole time during Aang, I wanted Katara to end up with Zuko. I felt Aang's crush on Katara came out of the fact she was probably the first girl he ever talked to in person, and that Katara and Zuko had more common. Romance in Aang seemed to be a rather big element, but was delayed to the end, without explaining Katara's end of the story, like why she actually did end up falling in love with Aang.

Of course, the same can be said for Korra. But Aang was given more time (episodes) to talk about the love (lol), but didn't.

Personally, I liked the characters from Korra more. Korra herself, Varrick and Zhu Li, Asami (why did they have to leave her moments for the last season x.x), Bolin, and Prince Wu. Of all the characters from Aang, I really only felt attachment to Zuko, and maybe Katara.
Jan 12, 2015 2:19 PM

Nov 2011
Hunter X Hunter > ATLA and LOK
Jan 12, 2015 2:24 PM
Jun 2014
For me I like Korra more than Aang. Aang was more of a perfect character while Korra developed as a character with each book which I liked a lot :)
Jan 12, 2015 2:24 PM
Jun 2014
Btw nice Puzzle and Dragon's avatar :D
Jan 12, 2015 2:25 PM

Jan 2014
ImmaMuggleYou said:
RedRoseFring said:

I don't need to know you. I'm just saying that I find it highly unlikely that anyone would think that, but it's completely fine if you do.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jan 12, 2015 2:41 PM

Feb 2013
tanteiRE said:
I wanted Katara to end up with Zuko. I felt Aang's crush on Katara came out of the fact she was probably the first girl he ever talked to in person, and that Katara and Zuko had more common. Romance in Aang seemed to be a rather big element, but was delayed to the end, without explaining Katara's end of the story, like why she actually did end up falling in love with Aang.

Zutara forever <3
Jan 12, 2015 2:48 PM

Nov 2014
ImmaMuggleYou said:

Thanks! Hehe, Kirin's one of my favs <3

^Ik! Grr.. I still don't get it.. TT^TT
Jan 12, 2015 2:56 PM

Aug 2013
ImmaMuggleYou said:
For me I like Korra more than Aang. Aang was more of a perfect character while Korra developed as a character with each book which I liked a lot :)
Korra was actually more of a perfect character (although she wasn't perfect) because she could use earth and fire bending at a way earlier age than Aang. Both (Aang and Korra)though were never perfect and characters with flaws.

tanteiRE said:
^^I didn't like Aang as character too much. I thought at times he was too childish, and I really disliked how he got too angry about losing Appa and started blaming others. Sure, Appa was the friend who was with him the longest, but the way he reacted was very much out of character.
IMO Aang's reaction made a lot of sense and wasn't out of character. Aang doesn't get angry a lot but when he does he explodes.
DrGeroCreationJan 12, 2015 3:01 PM
Jan 12, 2015 3:08 PM

Nov 2011
ImmaMuggleYou said:
You mean my avatar? Yeah I'm quite fond if this guy.
Jan 12, 2015 3:15 PM

Jan 2014
DragonQuest3 said:
ATLA > Hunter X Hunter > LOK

QFT
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jan 12, 2015 3:15 PM

Nov 2014
DrGeroCreation said:

tanteiRE said:
^^I didn't like Aang as character too much. I thought at times he was too childish, and I really disliked how he got too angry about losing Appa and started blaming others. Sure, Appa was the friend who was with him the longest, but the way he reacted was very much out of character.
IMO Aang's reaction made a lot of sense and wasn't out of character. Aang doesn't get angry a lot but when he does he explodes.

In that case, that's why I didn't like Aang. Having temper tantrums is quite childish.
Jan 12, 2015 3:22 PM

Nov 2011
RedRoseFring said:
DragonQuest3 said:
ATLA > Hunter X Hunter > LOK

QFT

Nah Hunter X Hunter was more mature and had more memorable and interesting characters as well as better fights.
Jan 12, 2015 3:24 PM

Nov 2014
Dammit I should really watch Hunter x Hunter..
Jan 12, 2015 3:39 PM
Jun 2014
robis798 said:
Sourire said:
ATLA > LOK

I agree. Korra was amazing but the ending didn't satisfy me because it left me with a lot of questions. It was like going to Mcdonalds and getting a little cheese burger. I think Zaheer should of been used more because he was one of the greatest Air benders and he broke Korra mentally. I was feeling the giant mech either. Korrasami was a breath of fresh air though.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Jan 12, 2015 4:03 PM

Aug 2013
tanteiRE said:
DrGeroCreation said:

In that case, that's why I didn't like Aang. Having temper tantrums is quite childish.
Korra had a temper tantrum as well in season 2.
Jan 12, 2015 4:14 PM

Nov 2014
DrGeroCreation said:
tanteiRE said:

I felt that was more justified. Perhaps because I'm closer in age to Korra than to Aang, and I often find myself arguing with my parents/guardians.
Jan 12, 2015 4:23 PM

Nov 2011
tanteiRE said:
Dammit I should really watch Hunter x Hunter..
It really is the masterpiece of the battle shounen in terms of anime. I can't get into a lot of others like Naruto, and Fairy Tale but Hunter X Hunter is something special.
Jan 12, 2015 4:28 PM

Nov 2014
Okay then.. I'll try it after I finish Welcome to the NHK (can't believe how old it is! thought it came out past 2010). I'll be going into Hunter x Hunter without knowing what it's about at all.. Should be fun >:)
Jan 12, 2015 4:54 PM

Aug 2013
tanteiRE said:
DrGeroCreation said:

I felt that was more justified. Perhaps because I'm closer in age to Korra than to Aang, and I often find myself arguing with my parents/guardians.
That's being biased. Aang's temper tantrum after losing Appa was actually more justifiable than Korra's temper tantrum against Mako where she believed he was against her. I do however understand Korra's frustration which lead up to that .
Jan 12, 2015 5:16 PM

Nov 2014
Well, yeah, of course it's biased. Did I really have to say IMO?
Jan 12, 2015 5:18 PM

Nov 2014
Also, no it wasn't. He took it out on Toph for no reason, and abandoned his friends in the desert, who all ended up there in the first place to help him. On the other hand, Korra took the more reasonable approach and separated herself from Mako to avoid any more arguments.
Jan 12, 2015 5:25 PM

Nov 2011
tanteiRE said:
Okay then.. I'll try it after I finish Welcome to the NHK (can't believe how old it is! thought it came out past 2010). I'll be going into Hunter x Hunter without knowing what it's about at all.. Should be fun >:)
Huh NHK isn't that old at all. My favorite anime is Ashita no Joe which came out in 1970.
Jan 12, 2015 5:29 PM

Nov 2014
I know lol, sorry, I meant it was older than I expected :P
Jan 12, 2015 5:38 PM

Aug 2013
tanteiRE said:
Also, no it wasn't. He took it out on Toph for no reason, and abandoned his friends in the desert, who all ended up there in the first place to help him. On the other hand, Korra took the more reasonable approach and separated herself from Mako to avoid any more arguments.
Korra also took it out on Mako for no good reason. She seperated herself but almost put herself in serious danger by going alone. It's a good thing she wasn't captured and taken to Unalaq and instead washed ashore close to the Fire Nation.
Jan 12, 2015 5:48 PM

Nov 2014
It's one thing to put oneself in danger and another to put others who are completely in danger. Then again, Aang was just a kid, which is most likely why I didn't find much appeal in him.

To be honest, I thought you were talking about how Korra was angry with her parent's and Tenzen for controlling her. I forgot about Mako, but it seemed that it was less of a tantrum and more of disagreement.
Jan 12, 2015 5:57 PM

Aug 2013
tanteiRE said:
It's one thing to put oneself in danger and another to put others who are completely in danger. Then again, Aang was just a kid, which is most likely why I didn't find much appeal in him.

To be honest, I thought you were talking about how Korra was angry with her parent's and Tenzen for controlling her. I forgot about Mako, but it seemed that it was less of a tantrum and more of disagreement.
It was definitely a tantrum.

Jan 12, 2015 6:04 PM

Nov 2014
Yes, but it was a disagreement unlike what happened with Aang. He took it out on the wrong people. And I never said it wasn't a tantrum. I said it was more of disagreement than it was a tantrum, and it was. Tantrums happen when people don't get the way they want, and then they take it out on the only ones near by. So yes, Korra was having a tantrum, but that's because Mako was doing something she disagreed with. Of course, Korra later learned that what Mako was doing was the better choice, but at the time, she didn't think so.

What Aang and what Korra did were completely different things, and Aang in the end caused the most trouble.
Jan 12, 2015 6:27 PM
Jun 2014
RedRoseFring said:
ImmaMuggleYou said:

I don't need to know you. I'm just saying that I find it highly unlikely that anyone would think that, but it's completely fine if you do.

What makes you think its highly unlikely people would talk about mature themes and character development in a show...? I'm not following at all. Anyways your wild assumption is wrong.
Jan 12, 2015 6:58 PM

Aug 2013
tanteiRE said:
Yes, but it was a disagreement unlike what happened with Aang. He took it out on the wrong people. And I never said it wasn't a tantrum. I said it was more of disagreement than it was a tantrum, and it was. Tantrums happen when people don't get the way they want, and then they take it out on the only ones near by. So yes, Korra was having a tantrum, but that's because Mako was doing something she disagreed with. Of course, Korra later learned that what Mako was doing was the better choice, but at the time, she didn't think so.

What Aang and what Korra did were completely different things, and Aang in the end caused the most trouble.
I just re watched the episode concerning Aang (Book 2 episode 10 The Desert). Aang did not abandon or put the others in danger he temporarily went to look for Appa alone which was the smart thing to do considering Appa is their only means of transport and the easiest way for them to get out of the desert. After not finding Appa he returned to them and they searched together. I also re watched the episode concerning Korra (book 2 episode 5 peacekeepers). Both Aang and Korra were blinded by anger and lashed out at Toph and Mako without taking facts into consideration because of their loved ones potentially being in danger.

tanteiRE said:
Tantrums happen when people don't get the way they want, and then they take it out on the only ones near by
Korra did not get the President to send troops to combat the Northern water tribe and took it out on Mako because he was basically in agreement with the President of not sending troops considering he found out that the terrorists that attacked the Southern Culture Center were from the Agni Kai Triad not from the Northern Water tribe military.
DrGeroCreationJan 12, 2015 7:09 PM
Jan 12, 2015 7:11 PM

Nov 2014
DrGeroCreation said:

tanteiRE said:
Tantrums happen when people don't get the way they want, and then they take it out on the only ones near by
Korra did not get the President to send troops to combat the Northern water tribe and took it out on Mako because he was basically in agreement with the President of not sending troops considering he found out that the terrorists that attacked the Southern Culture Center were from the Agni Kai Triad not from the Northern Water tribe military.

That was quite redundant.
By the way, what's your point?
Jan 12, 2015 7:20 PM

Aug 2013
tanteiRE said:
DrGeroCreation said:

That was quite redundant.
By the way, what's your point?
To show you she did throw a tantrum just like Aang, it wasn't just a disagreement.
Jan 12, 2015 7:27 PM

Nov 2014
Okay, I knew that from the beginning. Sorry to have wasted your time.
Jan 12, 2015 7:48 PM

Aug 2013
tanteiRE said:
Okay, I knew that from the beginning. Sorry to have wasted your time.
Before you thought only Aang threw the tantrum while Korra was simply in a disagreement with Mako. No you didn't waste my time at all.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» J-Music recommendations.

pludel2 - Jun 8

4 by bellingsince05 »»
1 hour ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7833 by Nyarly-Kanamin »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » share your latest song/album purchases

DreamingBeats - Nov 3, 2023

45 by BookBirdie »»
8 hours ago

» What was the last TV show episode (non anime) have you watched? ( 1 2 )

Vargnatt - Mar 23

51 by BookBirdie »»
8 hours ago

» Discuss the last movie you watched ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GloriousHawk - Dec 29, 2012

4846 by Mayahuel »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.