Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (56) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2014 2:35 AM

Jul 2007
HunterTennouji said:
Man, that ending made me realize why I love the Fate series so much. Shirou has enough determination to spare, just like any other shonen protagonist, but here he FAILS. He realizes himself that he can only do so much. And that sets him on a path of destruction...

Wanting to save your sister figure and the person who took care of you since childhood from certain death has nothing to do with "shonen protagonists". Anyone would do that.

If anyone failed it was Saber for recklessly rushing at Cater and disregarding Fujimura's safety.

May 2014
jaggery said:
Shrimperor said:
so no more shitty harem protagonist as mc in 2nd season? as he is out of the war now :D

1/10 needs more Illya

Actually no, he's still going to be there.

Shrimperor is our kawaii little priest in training, doing a little Zerodragon impression.

Jul 2014
Thank good we're done with this. episode was meh, the series was ranging from mediocre to good, the finale was the weakest. now give us the 2nd cour.
Dec 28, 2014 2:39 AM

May 2014
CookingPriest said:
HunterTennouji said:
Man, that ending made me realize why I love the Fate series so much. Shirou has enough determination to spare, just like any other shonen protagonist, but here he FAILS. He realizes himself that he can only do so much. And that sets him on a path of destruction...

Wanting to save your sister figure and the person who took care of you since childhood from certain death has nothing to do with "shonen protagonists". Anyone would do that.

If anyone failed it was Saber for recklessly rushing at Cater and disregarding Fujimura's safety.

Well she was prioritising the safety of her Master over all else, still resolving the situation without fighting the Age of gods Mage inside her own Psuedo reality marble is always the better choice.
Dec 28, 2014 2:39 AM

Jun 2013
CookingPriest said:
HunterTennouji said:

It was not only about Fuji-Nee, he wants to save Saber and aid Tohsaka, despite the fact he is heavily injured and already lack combat skills. Both Saber and Tohsaka are just people he got aquainted with the past days and they are not his family.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Dec 28, 2014 2:40 AM

Oct 2014
WrongPriest said:
Shrimperor is our kawaii little priest in training, doing a little Zerodragon impression.

I am learning from the best!
Pls keep teaching me, Masters :)
Dec 28, 2014 2:42 AM

Dec 2012
I came in expecting 25minutes. It was 35 minutes by the time I realized 25minutes have passed.....I did not expect that at all. I absolutely loved it. Man April is already taking too long to come.
Dec 28, 2014 2:45 AM

Oct 2014
Tone_ said:
VN fans were about committing suicide before knowing that the last episode is double the length. After all, such great, important, influential and vital events can't be dealt within your normal 20 mins episode i.e Rin asking Shirou for a date *blushes*, eating breakfast on the beautiful green grass, enjoying nature, taking a huge breath, and playing... playing baseball.
ffs. Do these retards realize for a second they're in a fu#*in' war where the winner could change the fate of this shit world.

And here again my main problem with the series. I'm not hating on high-schools, I'm not hating on teenagers, I'm not hating on romance, slice of life, tits, or even harem. My problem here is how the story doesn't take itself seriously, and how it's misusing those later themes.

Yes, my rant is over, so please go easy on me my holy priests, and don't bother to enlighten me with your ignorance. ~The stray secondary, Tone_

Shrimperor said:
so no more shitty harem protagonist as mc in 2nd season? as he is out of the war now :D

antonn said:
Why did Shiroe act like a dumb ass and stop Saber? Should have just let Tiger die. All she has ever done is force her way into his house and steal his food.

Oh well. At least the useless pussy is out of the MC role. Looking forward to Rin taking over next season.

so don't worry, no more shitty Harem protagonist for 2nd season, as he is out now :D
Dec 28, 2014 2:46 AM

May 2014
Gimme a sec Tone_ getting my torch.

Edit* actually I was going to leave you alone until I read that ignorance jab, wtf bro?
Dec 28, 2014 2:47 AM

Jul 2013
HunterTennouji said:
CookingPriest said:

It was not only about Fuji-Nee, he wants to save Saber and aid Tohsaka, despite the fact he is heavily injured and already lack combat skills. Both Saber and Tohsaka are just people he got aquainted with the past days and they are not his family.

Look like combat skills to me:
Dec 28, 2014 2:51 AM

Jul 2014
Love the last scene ost ;)
Thanks you Ufo for showing a little bit of Kotomine Badassness
Really Glad for seeing Illya, even for a little bit ;)
Very Big Thanks for showing how Ultimate Badass Archer is
All Hail Archer ;)

And finally Fuck you Ufo for skipping a lot Shirou monoloque

10/10

ok i'm going to sleep now, wake me up on April ;)
Oct 2014
Guilek said:
HunterTennouji said:

He couldn't project back then on the bridge, he was still healing from the last time he tore his body up projecting, and without Archer's swords Shirou can't really do anything to Caster.

Aug 2014
Also keirei was badass

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Dec 28, 2014 2:52 AM

Apr 2012
god i hate shirou

Dec 28, 2014 2:52 AM

Aug 2014
This illusion = fate

Dec 28, 2014 2:59 AM

Oct 2014
Zeally said:
god i hate shirou

don't worry,
he is gone and will be only a secondary character in the 2nd season.
Dec 28, 2014 2:59 AM

Jul 2013
crimson915 said:

He couldn't project back then on the bridge, he was still healing from the last time he tore his body up projecting, and without Archer's swords Shirou can't really do anything to Caster.

I was speaking about why Shirou still want to save Saber and still participate and that he isn't useless.
I misunderstand when he said that he lack combat skills, I thoughts it was someone who criticize Shirou, I was wrong.
Dec 28, 2014 3:00 AM

Aug 2014
Why the fuck do people hate shirou. He's a great character, this episode being proof.

Dec 28, 2014 3:05 AM

Dec 2014
Caster was about to cut shirous hand or maybe even kill him... Thats the only reason why saber rushed to his aid disregarding everything else. Also shirou plays an even larger role in the 2nd season. :)
There’s no hope on the battlefield.
It has nothing but unspeakable despair.
Just a crime we call victory, paid for by the pain of the defeated.
Yet humanity has never recognized this truth.
And the reason for that is, in every era,
a dazzling hero has blinded people with their legends and prevented them from seeing the evil of bloodshed.
The true nature of humanity has not advanced a step beyond the Stone Age!
Dec 28, 2014 3:07 AM
Oct 2014
black1blade said:
Why the fuck do people hate shirou. He's a great character, this episode being proof.

I can't speak for everyone but a character being unrelatable can make them hard to understand and possibly annoying, and being able to relate with Shirou's intense idealism is hard to do.
Dec 28, 2014 3:07 AM

Jun 2013
Guilek said:
HunterTennouji said:

Would be good if he could do it at will. Just to clarify, I do not hate Shirou, he is one of my most favorite characters due to the character development he gets. However, people seems to uplay his willingness to save Saber and Tohsaka too much, like they are his precious harem or something. He wants to save them because that's what he wants to do, save people. But he lacks the means. Heck, EVERYONE lacks the means as like what Archer said, no one can save everyone.
Dec 28, 2014 3:08 AM

Apr 2012
Shrimperor said:
Zeally said:
god i hate shirou

don't worry,

really?
then is tohsaka going to be the main character?
i was expecting him to get back into the war some how

anyways a 8/10 for the first season

Dec 28, 2014 3:09 AM

Jun 2013
crimson915 said:
black1blade said:

I can't speak for everyone but a character being unrelatable can make them hard to understand and possibly annoying, and being able to relate with Shirou's intense idealism is hard to do.

True, it's easier to relate to someone who risks their life for their family or friends, instead of for every-random-stranger.
Dec 28, 2014 3:10 AM

Aug 2013
Charge97 said:
Caster was about to cut shirous hand or maybe even kill him... Thats the only reason why saber rushed to his aid disregarding everything else. Also shirou plays an even larger role in the 2nd season. :)

Obviously Saber should have just let HaremProtag #5245 die and form a contract with Rin.
Dec 28, 2014 3:15 AM

Sep 2014
Charge97 said:
Zeally said:

really?

Rin will be the main character along with shirou. He doesnt get back in the war directly but does play a huge role in the outcome.
DamnThatsTheSpot said:

Obviously Saber should have just let HaremProtag #5245 die and form a contract with Rin.

lol... Pretty sure FSN isnt a harem... :D I hope ufotable adapts the Fate route in the future as well ...

Spoil sport. Spread the yuetsu, and follow the path of ZeroDragon
Dec 28, 2014 3:17 AM

Oct 2014
Charge97 said:
lol... Pretty sure FSN isnt a harem... :D I hope ufotable adapts the Fate route in the future as well ...

>not Harem
>Saber
>Rin
>Sakura
>Taiga
>Ayako
>Illya
>Random girl he helped before.
>Issei

Instead of Fate route they should do Tsukihime or Fate/Apocrypha

Charge97 said:
Rin will be the main character along with shirou. He...

spoilerino pls.
Dec 28, 2014 3:18 AM

May 2014
Shrimperor said:
Charge97 said:

>not Harem
>Saber
>Rin
>Sakura
>Taiga
>Ayako
>Illya
>Issei

Instead of Fate route they should no Tsukihime or Fate/Apocrypha

You forgot caster, she's real interested in him.

And Kirei
Dec 28, 2014 3:19 AM

Oct 2014
WrongPriest said:
You forgot caster, she's real interested in him.

And Kirei

Caster only got close to him so she could hook up with Saber,
and Kirei is with Kerry
Dec 28, 2014 3:19 AM

Sep 2007
There were some changes here and there but overall it was an amazing season. Kudos to Ufotable, i really did not expect graffics even better than fate zero especially on the actions scenes. I really liked how the transition thus far is not rushed. Ufotable's idea of rushing is to lengthen the episode lol. I really liked how they even bothered to do the prologue of the VN as episode 0. Lisa singing the opening song of the VN is a great way to end it too. For everyone that did not read the novel, you guys will be very entertained next season because it is when UBW route starts to go full blast. April cannot come soon enough.
Dec 28, 2014 3:21 AM

Dec 2014
Shrimperor said:
Charge97 said:

>not Harem
>Saber
>Rin
>Sakura
>Taiga
>Ayako
>Illya
>Issei

Charge97 said:
Rin will be the main character along with shirou. He...

spoilerino pls.

I agree ... A tsukihime adaptation by ufotable would be epic :D
a dazzling hero has blinded people with their legends and prevented them from seeing the evil of bloodshed.
Dec 28, 2014 3:23 AM

Jul 2007
HunterTennouji said:

What lack of combat skills? he is no worse at combat than Rin, which already makes him quite good at combat.

He clearly cares and loves Tohsaka if the last 12 episodes did NOT clue you in on that, possibly even before the events of the show as he clearly went out of his way in prologue to go outside the repair room only to greet her.
HunterTennouji said:

Would be good if he could do it at will. Just to clarify, I do not hate Shirou, he is one of my most favorite characters due to the character development he gets. However, people seems to uplay his willingness to save Saber and Tohsaka too much, like they are his precious harem or something. He wants to save them because that's what he wants to do, save people. But he lacks the means. Heck, EVERYONE lacks the means as like what Archer said, no one can save everyone.

He can. Its just that as shown last time that tends to have a chance at killing him via overloading.

Saber can save herself. Shirou's line of thought was that if Saber does something stupid THEY ALL DIE - fighting a magus from age of gods in her own domain is RIDICULOUSLY STUPID. It only made sense to try to resolve it without beamspam that ends up with all of them dead.

IF Saber had any brains she would have targeted the threads. Take away leverage. She prioritized Shirou's safety over everyone else's and that resulted in caster winning.
Dec 28, 2014 3:24 AM

Jun 2009
Why is Shirou more tsundere then Rin?
Dec 28, 2014 3:24 AM

Sep 2014
Blame the director.
Dec 28, 2014 3:26 AM

May 2014
Charge97 said:
Shrimperor said:

>not Harem
>Saber
>Rin
>Sakura
>Taiga
>Ayako
>Illya
>Issei

spoilerino pls.

I agree ... A tsukihime adaptation by ufotable would be epic :D

Tell that to me and my totally Canon ShirouX
true end. Thank you based type-moon.
Dec 28, 2014 3:29 AM

May 2014
kronos7 said:
Shirou is canonically the most tsundere existence in all of the nasuverse. When you're in his head in the novel he basically says the opposite of what he thinks 80% of the time.

Nov 2013
Loved this episode XD

Mar 2011
Zeally said:
Shrimperor said:

don't worry,

really?

He was obviously trolling/joking. Shirou will be the protagonist in the second half as well. Fate Stay night is all about Shirou's growth, specially UBW.
Raziel1991Dec 28, 2014 3:34 AM
Dec 28, 2014 3:30 AM
Oct 2014
kronos7 said:

Unlimited Blade Works is the tsundere route, everyone's tsundere: Shirou, Rin, Archer, Issei, and many more to come. Enjyo the tsundereness while it lasts.
Dec 28, 2014 3:32 AM

Aug 2013
CookingPriest said:

Saber can save herself. Shirou's line of thought was that if Saber does something stupid THEY ALL DIE - fighting a magus from age of gods in her own domain is RIDICULOUSLY STUPID. It only made sense to try to resolve it without beamspam that ends up with all of them dead.

IF Saber had any brains she would have targeted the threads. Take away leverage. She prioritized Shirou's safety over everyone else's and that resulted in caster winning.

Saber goes for threads=Shirou,Rin and Taiga die
Saber goes for Caster=possibly only Taiga dies

Such a blunder,mirite?

Oct 2014
crimson915 said:
kronos7 said:

Unlimited Blade Works is the tsundere route, everyone's tsundere: Shirou, Rin, Archer, Issei, and many more to come. Enjyo the tsundereness while it lasts.

Unlimited Tsundere works.

Let's start :D

I am the tsundere of my series
Nov 2014
Why Rin knows Shirou will become taller?
oh...she has some information about his secrets.
Dec 28, 2014 3:33 AM

May 2014
Zeally said:
Shrimperor said:

don't worry,

really?

he just trolling
Dec 28, 2014 3:34 AM

Jul 2014
1 word for this episode: godlike.

I haven't played the VN but I did watch everything Fate in anime form (including UBW movie) and seeing that 90% of this episode was "new" scenes to me since the movie was so rushed these scenes really did it for me.

It only makes me even more hyped for season 2 especially with a trailer and the remixed Illusion song. When that song came up I had shivers go up my spine.
Dec 28, 2014 3:34 AM

May 2014
DamnThatsTheSpot said:
CookingPriest said:

Saber goes for threads=Shirou,Rin and Taiga die
Saber goes for Caster=possibly only Taiga dies

Such a blunder,mirite?

Caster has their collective nuts held pretty tight, there's not really a way out without perhaps digging some side character graves.
Dec 28, 2014 3:35 AM
Jul 2013
10/10 really loved it :D, fck what am I going to do now?
Dec 28, 2014 3:35 AM

Dec 2014
Koh01 said:
Why Rin knows Shirou will become taller?
oh...she has some information about his secrets.

You my friend are in for a decent surprise :D along with everyone else who havnt read the VN or watched the shitty UBW movie adaptation by deen.
Dec 28, 2014 3:37 AM

Mar 2011
Myklen said:
10/10 really loved it :D, fck what am I going to do now?

Well if you are interested in Nasuverse you have the option of watching kara no kyoukai (if you havent already done so).
Dec 28, 2014 3:38 AM

Sep 2014
And the VN

And the Tsukihime VN

And Mahoyo if you know moon rune (biblethump)
Dec 28, 2014 3:40 AM

Mar 2011
KachidokiPriest said:
And the VN

And the Tsukihime VN

And Mahoyo if you know moon rune (biblethump)

Of course. This would be in fact the ideal thing to do. However my post was directed for the people that are not into reading VNs.
Dec 28, 2014 3:47 AM

Mar 2013
That was a really great episode and a fitting finale for this cour. I can't fucking wait to see the 2nd cour with all those awesome moments it has though. Want it noooooooooooooow!

<3 Illya & Big Bear Bahsakah

Pages (56) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

707 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 14, 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.