Forum Settings
Forums

Warner Acquires Live Action Film Rights of Death Note

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
May 19, 2012 8:22 PM

Jul 2010
Turns out Warner Bros wanted to make drastic changes to the plot, which is why there is a hold-up on production of the film.

Read this article on it here: http://www.suite101.com/news/shane-black--warner-bros-wanted-to-change-death-note-plot-a395032

They wanted to do away with all the shinigami characters and they wanted Light to NOT be evil... I can't even believe that! Light Yagami NOT evil? He is the most evil villain character EVER. How can you take that away from him? *facepalm*
May 19, 2012 9:34 PM

Oct 2011
Hah. Hahahaha. This is terrible news.
May 19, 2012 10:14 PM

Jan 2012
I absolutely hate live-action adaptations, and I initially despised Zack Efron since I could never take him seriously as an actor after doing a string of Family channel straight-to-TV movies.

However, I can totally respect the fact that he's a serious Death Note fan. Something about celebrity quasi-Otakus gets me really excited, and I might check it out as someone who loved Death Note too.
"Hello, Mr. Wind up Bird."
Jul 28, 2012 9:38 PM
Jul 2012
Thie movie shall suck forever. How can they do this? I'm totally watching it only to criticise it alot
Sep 13, 2012 5:00 AM
Apr 2012
This is soooo bad
WHY, WHY, WHY
at least they didn't chose Justin Biber :/
AzaiahSep 13, 2012 5:04 AM
Jun 25, 2013 10:08 AM

Jul 2012
NakeBenihime said:
Turns out Warner Bros wanted to make drastic changes to the plot, which is why there is a hold-up on production of the film.

Read this article on it here: http://www.suite101.com/news/shane-black--warner-bros-wanted-to-change-death-note-plot-a395032

They wanted to do away with all the shinigami characters and they wanted Light to NOT be evil... I can't even believe that! Light Yagami NOT evil? He is the most evil villain character EVER. How can you take that away from him? *facepalm*

I flipped my fucking desk.
Jun 25, 2013 11:17 AM
Feb 2013
DavidVauhn said:
NakeBenihime said:

I flipped my fucking desk.

Seriously! Fucking Hollywood. Just leave anime/manga alone. >:[
Jun 25, 2013 11:38 AM

Mar 2013
Lol.
Jul 20, 2013 10:49 PM
Mar 2013
I feel like I'm the only one who's excited about this. Yes, I know about the other previous horrible adaptations. But until I actually see the movie, I will remain optimistic about it. Who knows?.... If it is good, just imagine how many non-anime fans it could create! If so, more people will watch the anime or read the manga. Basically, anime/manga will gain popularity. Then possibly, anime/manga will become popular enough that more guys like FUNimation and Bandai will pop up and more anime and manga will be in print. AND MAYBE. MAYBE. THE RIDICULOUS PRICES WILL GO DOWN ON SOME OF THE SHOWS THAT ARE BEING SOLD.*cough* Aniplex *cough*
Jul 31, 2013 5:24 AM

Jul 2013
I hope they don't fuck it up like the Dragon ball z movie I still want to destroy all the dvds in existence
I am awesome Don't argue with me because you know I am
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» 'Mayonaka Punch' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - Today

3 by Curiouswanderer »»
8 hours ago

» 'Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita.' Unveils Main Cast, Staff, First Promo for 2024 Premiere

Hyperion_PS - May 2, 2023

6 by oazuz »»
9 hours ago

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Unveils Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 28

5 by DafuqBOOM »»
11 hours ago

» 'Ninja Batman tai Yakuza League' Sequel Anime Movie Announced

Hyperion_PS - May 30

4 by Haneken2086 »»
Yesterday, 5:02 PM

» Voice Actor Takeo Ootsuka Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - May 31

11 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 2:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.