Forum Settings
Forums

why do people get consoles instead of gaming pc's and brag about it !?

New
Would you get a console ?
Yes, Pc's lag !
27.2%
Nah consoles are overrated .
72.8%
81 votes
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Jul 29, 2014 9:59 AM

Jan 2014
Games are games. It doesn't matter what you're playing on as long as you're haveing fun.
TyrelJul 29, 2014 5:26 PM

Jul 29, 2014 3:06 PM

Jul 2013
I already have a PS3. I think that's good enough for me right now.
Jul 29, 2014 3:58 PM
Jun 2014
Can we conclude the topic by:
Buy what you like to buy.
Play what you like to play.
End of story ?
Jul 29, 2014 4:10 PM

Oct 2013
But I like debating. It's kind of hard to come by a decent topic that doesn't get too heated too quickly these days. I absolutely agree people should play what they want to play, opinions of others be damned, but that's not all that's been brought to the table here. Unfortunately I think we've exhausted everything that can be said about the things that have been brought to the table. As of now, anything else that's said is pretty much arguing just to argue. Shame.
Jul 29, 2014 4:12 PM

Mar 2014
afonsanho said:
It was meant to show that you don't NEED to have AV, it's just recommended.
As is recommended to install drivers, but you don't NEED to.

How not to get viruses:

Don't go to shady websites.
Don't click ads.

Is it good now?

Seriously though, the average newcomer has no idea of your advice. Seriously I've met someone who says I don't NEED to install the DRIVERS?!! We're entering some age of idiocracy here I think.

Yesterday, I was reinstalling my Windows 8.1 but on a new HDD my uncle gifted to me. After Windows was all ready and set up, it looked shit because the resolution was so bad. Now I headed to screen resolution settings and I noticed that the max resolution I could have was 1024x768. After installing the display driver, bump, I can use all of my monitor's 1360x768 with no issues. Without the drivers, you CAN'T BRAG about your 1080p display and 60FPS games. You're nothing close to serious now, just leave the thread.

EDIT: Steam Community is down right now! Again!

I don't need to install a driver, he said. Pffft!
TyrelJul 29, 2014 5:04 PM
Jul 29, 2014 5:48 PM

Sep 2011
Thread Cleaned of Hateful comments, trolling, baiting, etc.
Please stop doing this. If you wanna debate, go for it, but don't bait and call people retards.
Jul 29, 2014 6:04 PM
Jul 2018
I just looked up a lot of PC exclusives and none of them really didn't catch my interest compared to console exclusives.
Jul 29, 2014 9:48 PM

Mar 2013
Tyrel said:
don't bait and call people retards.

Yeah Tsun Pooka
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Jul 30, 2014 1:46 AM

Nov 2012
Tyrel said:
Thread Cleaned of Hateful comments, trolling, baiting, etc.
Please stop doing this. If you wanna debate, go for it, but don't bait and call people retards.

I hope you didn't actually have to read through this whole thread, wow.

Pooka, you don't need to, but your experience will be sub-par.

Installing drivers is fucking easy. If you really dont know what you're doing, install the drivers from the little disks that should be provided with the parts.
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever."
"Anon is legitimately retarded so you shouldn't be too proud of yourself." -Enema
Aug 8, 2014 7:04 AM

Nov 2008
To Tsun_Pooka, who was complaining about being unable to hide games in Steam, you can in the newest beta. The option is in Set Categories...

Aug 8, 2014 7:41 AM

Feb 2012
I'm more than happy to get a new PC if it gets games I want to play. Playing games I don't want to play is a monumental waste of time. And no, there doesn't exist some mysterious games that I'm not aware of. I've done a research through thousands and thousands of games. Some I got and played and they were good. I am not one of those people that get 500 games on steam and never play them. I'm happy finding just one game I really like and I am prepared to pay a good deal of money for it too. The game itself doesn't become any better or worse if you happened to get it from summer sale or not.

I know there are emulators, but they drag behind and even the good ones tend to be buggy and drain more system resources than they should. Plus I want to play new games now, not ten years later. Also it's illegal. I also enjoy keeping a physical collection of games, which while may be a dying breed, is still more prominent with consoles than PCs. Not to mention the appeal of a big physical PC has been vaning with smart phones, tablets and in the future with cloud and streaming service solutions.

Overall, I just want to play games that I'm interested in and I want to play them right here and right now. Nothing else matters. I have no interest in technical or financial aspects. If someone really can't afford a console or a PC, then they should be doing something else than debating meaningless shit.
Aug 8, 2014 7:45 AM

Jun 2014
why not both?
Aug 8, 2014 7:56 AM

May 2013
The question isn't why brag, but why not brag? People get jealous over that stuff man, and it's fun to be envied.
Aug 8, 2014 5:03 PM

Jul 2014
I play more console than pc simply cos my laptop is like 4 years old almost.
Also handheld consoles are kinda awesome since you can literally play them in bed or whatever.

Consoles are more convenient but for when I want SRS gaming then it's pc all the way, unfortunately my favourite genres on pc; FPS, and RTS have been bastardized over the last decade or so.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» Favorite Playstation era

Kirika_Madeleine - Sep 14

25 by Yuno »»
4 hours ago

» Japanese games vs. American games

coolyfruity - Aug 28

36 by Kodreyu »»
7 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3714 by Morningstar991 »»
8 hours ago

» First Pokémon game

ani2016 - Aug 18

34 by Midna »»
9 hours ago

» Favorite Nintendo Era

Kirika_Madeleine - Sep 17

6 by Midna »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.