Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 20, 2011 4:21 PM

May 2010
Starting to remind me of LoGH...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 5, 2011 11:38 PM

Apr 2009
Confucius said:

Same here! X) All that Imperial political maneuvering.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 3, 2011 4:54 AM

Apr 2009
No Alicia this time, but Selvaria's awesomeness made up for it.
Aug 21, 2011 5:46 PM

Aug 2010
Confucius said:
Apr 27, 2012 12:19 PM

Jun 2009
Homolust said:
Confucius said:

Lol, I was thinking the same thing as well. Not really a bad thing, imo. A pretty solid episode, as I said in my previous post. I love how the empire seems to be getting more of a focus in the anime. They were very underdeveloped in the game (though I haven't played the Selvaria DLC so that may change my mind).
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 16, 2012 11:16 PM

Aug 2010
Meh.
Oct 14, 2013 5:44 PM

Sep 2013
"Hey, hey. Don't let your misfire cause damage here as well." Awesome quote.

This was a good episode the new guy is pretty cool and Selvaria rules.
Jun 21, 2015 10:08 AM

Oct 2012
Well I guess even an Imperial Prince have his own trouble not only outside but from inside too
I'm hoping for them to team up and make peace?
I mean I think they're good guys on the wrong side xD
"Signature removed"
Aug 30, 2015 12:12 PM

Dec 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. I find Maximilian and his 3 Generals far more interesting than almost everyone on the Gallian side.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Apr 28, 2016 8:00 AM

Mar 2014
Any men will likely fall to the attractiveness of the Azure Witch ~ . Lucky Aide ~ .
It is so engaging to know the adversaries-in-battle exclusively ~ .
It seems to be equitable that the two principalities have their internal conflict .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2017 5:26 PM
Feb 2014
We finally got to learn more about the Empire side. Selvaria is my favorite character so far. Love her design and she's pretty, strong, and badass. Looking forward to learning more about her. We saw glimpses of her past, so it looks like she may have been an orphan and Maximilian saved her hence her devotion to him. I just hope they don't make her one dimensional and solely focused on Maximillian and instead develop her more.
Apr 24, 2020 1:22 PM

Mar 2019
Different from the game version. It's based on the game's DLC "Behind Her Blue Flame".

In the game, Karl Oswald/ Johann Oswald Eisen was a regular engineer-soldier assigned to substitute a soldier accompanying Selvaria, which was sick/ injured at the moment. He had no battle experience and prefers a position behind the frontline, resulting in him choosing the role of engineer, but Selvaria gave him confidence boost. In return, he supported her in various occassion including the seige of Citadel Ghirlandaio, even saving her life one time when Damon released neurotoxic gas despite the international treaty prohibiting the use of biological and poisonous weapon. Throughout his time spent with Selvaria, he realized that Selvaria is lonely and wanted to be by her side. He even got into some raunchy situation with Selvaria, resulting in her blushing. He eventually fell in love with her and submitted a reassignment as a scout, hoping that fighting in the frontline would allow him to be by her side despite of a high probability of getting killed.

Quite romantic compared to the heavy political anime version.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» is the story complete in anime form?

NaughtySempai - Feb 2

8 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 3, 3:29 AM

» Never got dubbed?

searingdark - Sep 15, 2023

3 by Levo »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Jul 4, 2009

76 by SSGHOKAGE »»
May 16, 2023 8:53 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

101 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hazelnutman - Apr 4, 2009

156 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.