Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 2, 2012 12:26 PM
Feb 2010
DaisyDuck3008 said:
Shu's "I'm going to become King"..... I don't know why but "Code Geass" was the first thing I thought when I heard that...

I keep seeing Light Yagami in that line and definitely in Shu's expression at the end.
Feb 2, 2012 12:31 PM

Oct 2011
An episode filled with betrayal, death, anger and despare.
Btw the new Shu scares the shit out of me

Feb 2, 2012 12:34 PM
Jan 2010
Paul said:
Yahirio's brother dies. Shu doesn't change.
Gai dies. Shu doesn't change.
Hare dies. Shu rages and void rapes Inori.

Anyways, I am enjoying this.

Lol, I guess it's just attachment? I mean, he probably felt bad for Yahiro's bro and Gai, but was never really attached to them emotionally (or to a lesser extent, seeing as Gai is... well... a childhood friend and all). Hell, what Hare did in this episode totally amped up the attachment to 11.

I'm enjoying this too.
5/5 for once.
Feb 2, 2012 12:40 PM

Jul 2010
What a badass episode!!!!
I'm wondering how shu's going to treat his comrades now.^^
Feb 2, 2012 12:41 PM
May 2011
piperz said:
OMG
why did she have to die T_T i really cried on that

i have a bad feeling of whats going to happen next

Damn it!. Same for me too, I started freakin' tearing up when Hare started bleeding. I'm afraid for other characters in this series, like Inori D;!. If Inori dies I swear I will murder the directors and cry my heart out. I also felt sad when I saw that girl 'Kyo' die. in like episode 6. Souta was a fuckin' dumb-ass for what he made her do, He even yelled!!! at her to hurry up X_X!. Douchebag of him. Can't wait for the next episodes.
ban1o.jpg
Feb 2, 2012 12:43 PM

Dec 2011
uzee said:
Btw the new Shu scares the shit out of me

So, I'm not the only one?

When he pulled out Inori's Void.. that face... Shit.
Feb 2, 2012 12:44 PM

Jan 2008
T_A_I_K_O said:

Everyone's his b***h now.
Feb 2, 2012 12:44 PM
Jun 2010
Venneria said:
Ohhh this evil new shun FTW. yeah kill the trash!

Shu's words:I was wrong..kindness is pointless. we have to seperate good from the trash.

Hare's death was a necessary sacrifice for shu to change guys.

Shus kindness dies with Hare. Oh man I did not see this coming, but what an episode, anyone who hasn't been watching Guilty Crown is missing out massively.

Still cant get over it, but whoa, thats how it should be, taking us by surprise.
Another great episode.
Feb 2, 2012 12:45 PM
Jul 2011
drendren said:
THEY HAD TO KILL THE BEST CHARACTER IN THE SHOW TO MAKE THIS PUSSY MC STEP UP TO THE PLATE. I'M FUCKING DONE WITH THIS SHOW.

Well, if you consider Hare the best character of Guilty Crown, maybe you should switch and watch something more in the order of Yuru Yuri.
Feb 2, 2012 12:45 PM

Feb 2008
That becuase Inori can feel that Shu wasn't he usually self.

Misuryu said:
I am really curious how this is going to continue.
Well.. this explains the emo Shu in the opening.

Why did Inori refuse to let Shu use her Void anyways? The way he pushed her on the ground was a bit harsh, but understandable.

This anime is really getting better and better in my opinion.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 2, 2012 12:47 PM

Aug 2011
No, why Hare?
She was the only reasonable character in this show!
And what about that badass Shu? It's so ironic, Hare appreciated nothing more than Shu's kindness, and after her death, he turns into the complete opposite.
Please Shu, don't stay like that.

Aug 2008
FUCKIN WHY DID I HAVE TO SEE THIS SHIT COMING

The preview for ep16 looks like things won't get any better for the school. Those faggot ass bitches that tried to stir shit are back at it again. Plus, Shoe finally dons a longcoat.

Dec 2010
oo this is what i've been waited for 4 months.
“My antics are works of art.” ~ Hermann Fegelein
Jan 2011
bakuramariks said:
SHU RAPED INORI!!! O.O

So the new definition for rape is pulling a sword out of a moaning girl to beat some robos?
I want to rape someone >:D
Feb 2, 2012 12:50 PM

Feb 2008
That's mean how important Hare was to him, it's probably would be Shu x Hare if she still was alive but now it's going only be Shu x Inori.

Paul said:

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 2, 2012 12:54 PM

Dec 2010
And he's broke. Completely broke. Despair and moral event horizon packaged all in one.

Paul said:

It was a long and streneous line of death for him. That he caused, that he felt personally responsible for. Hare being the most significant death to him because if he wasn't so flexible that wouldn't have happened. It was pretty heartwrenching to watch.

I found Shu pretty decent honestly, but... well, I'll have to watch how things turn out. This isn't going to end well I know that.

Though I can see them milking the void rape drama, lmao.
Feb 2, 2012 1:02 PM

Jul 2010
Paul said:
T_A_I_K_O said:

Everyone's his b***h now.

Can't wait to see it.^^
Feb 2, 2012 1:02 PM

Dec 2011

This reminded me of Mana. I really don't hope that the same will happen to him.
Feb 2, 2012 1:03 PM

Jul 2011
The only person that truly believed in Shu died... that was so sad.
Hare, you were such a nice girl.

EdenBagginsFeb 4, 2012 5:29 AM
Feb 2, 2012 1:03 PM

Jan 2008
Lauriet said:
And he's broke. Completely broke. Despair and moral event horizon packaged all in one.

Paul said:

It was a long and streneous line of death for him. That he caused, that he felt personally responsible for. Hare being the most significant death to him because if he wasn't so flexible that wouldn't have happened. It was pretty heartwrenching to watch.

I found Shu pretty decent honestly, but... well, I'll have to watch how things turn out. This isn't going to end well I know that.

Though I can see them milking the void rape drama, lmao.

I will agree that she was indeed the most important person to Shu out of the three, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't blame himself for her death. Especially with all the "punching Souta in the face and telling him he's why Hare died".

Anyways, anyone else wondering where those other students went off too? Died probably?
Feb 2, 2012 1:06 PM
Feb 2012
Just joined, first post here lol.
About this episode, this is where i see it becoming predictable, he goes into his confused state, he's all sadistic and feeling bad, he puts ranking system in action, next episode or 2 he goes beating the sh!t out of everyone, then something's gonna go bad and stuff happens, then suddenly he gets bitch slapped by Inori and reverts to kind Shu, also because he then remembers about what Hare told him and then what was happening bad turns back normal.
Either that or its stilll an unpredictable show :D
Feb 2, 2012 1:17 PM

Feb 2008
First of all he going to treated them badly, they all going to hate Shu but dunno if director want him to recovery in one episode but I really doubt so.

T_A_I_K_O said:

I was a bit sad of Hare dead but have to agreed it was the best dead scenes, you know what I mean.
I think Inori got scared of Shu becuase he wasn't he usually self.
He forcely pull of out the void.

I do really want to know what happend on the next episode.

Do you think he will recovery in one episode?
I mean as a strong & kind person not the cruel one.

Come on if you were a student from the school in the anime and you threat every low ranked as trash.
What do you have done ?

A Ranking System is not really good, it should be something like working together.
It doesn't really fit well with Shu personality.

One problem with Shu that he can't decide for himself and keep agreed with everything.
If you don't want to do it just say it.
He need confident.

" Do you really think Hare want you to be like this? "
She does want him to become a king but not a cruel one, a kind one.

I guess he went all rages without even thinking.
I don't know how it is feel like having something important die in front at you, but I do want him to recovery as quick possible.
I know it's going to be difficult.

So how many episodes do you think it will take for him to recovery back to his normal and better self?

Maybe he will recovery back in the next episode in the end but I do doubt so probably 2 or 3 episodes.

Feb 2, 2012 1:18 PM

Aug 2009
YOU LET THE PUSSY CAN OPENER THAT CAUSED THIS ALL LIVE AND YOU KILLED HARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T________________T

SHE WAS SUCH A SWEET AND KIND CHARACTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! T___________T

DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNT!!!!! T________T
I FEEL SO FUCKING SAD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T________________T
Srsly... my heart feels shattered... T_________T

The only positive thing about this episode is that Daryl is soo caring for Tsugumi/runt. xP

DARYL DIDNT DIE TOO RIGHT!?!?!! RIGHT!?!??!?!?!?
Feb 2, 2012 1:19 PM

Jul 2011
dam i just watched it, epic episode definitely 5/5 for me but i go into more detail later on cuz im busy
Feb 2, 2012 1:20 PM

Jan 2008
Lulexiaa said:

To be honest, Daryl could probably replace Gai as a 'main character' on the Anime Detail/Character List page as he's much more important.
Feb 2, 2012 1:32 PM

Jan 2010
I loved this Episode ! Guilty crown never fails to amaze me ..but Hare died :'C Me is sad T.T

Now ...Dat Evil Shu ...This is goin to be interesting :D
Feb 2, 2012 1:44 PM

Jan 2009
Well tagline from the Japanese site

"The right to use my friends as a weapon, that is the sinful crown I shall adorn".

Pretty much sums up what Shu will do.

Just like Lelouch and his death scene phase Shu now becomes badass mofo? Apart from forcefully removing voices, he just used a shock wave to get rid of the enclaves when previously he actually ran up to them and slashed them.

Hare's death didn't surprise me too much for some reason. I think the scene was beautifully played out with that tender hug/confession moment and her belief in him but I oddly felt more emotional impact from Yurin scene in AGE even though I knew that was gonna happen.

Maybe its cos Shu has generally been like a emotional retard until like last 2 or so episodes.

I've also noticed this personality change for Daryl to someone we should have empathy for? I still remember his brutal shooting of civilians and he wanted to kill his dad so not sure what directors trying to portray.

I still think the animation and music is great but whatever messages its trying to portray are kinda messy at best.
Feb 2, 2012 1:44 PM

Feb 2008
OMG this episode was so EPIC I loved it. I'm so sad that Hare died fuck you Souta. Shu went next Level with Void. SO BADASS!!!!!!
Feb 2, 2012 1:47 PM

Jul 2009
HAREEEEEEEEEEEEE T__T

Wow this was really dramatic. Hare was probably the only person who understand Shu's feelings the most and Shu knew that.

Getting better and better
5/5 definitely!

Feb 2, 2012 1:49 PM

Oct 2010
Lulexiaa said:
YOU LET THE PUSSY CAN OPENER THAT CAUSED THIS ALL LIVE AND YOU KILLED HARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T________________T

SHE WAS SUCH A SWEET AND KIND CHARACTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! T___________T

DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNT!!!!! T________T
I FEEL SO FUCKING SAD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T________________T
Srsly... my heart feels shattered... T_________T

The only positive thing about this episode is that Daryl is soo caring for Tsugumi/runt. xP

Finally someone that felt same way of Hare.

Of Shu and his empty look, I think we can safely assume Star Wars here. Shu going to the dark side due to Hare's death and destroys loads of shit of GHQ only to maybe have a asspull to make him in light of things.

Why do I have the impression Inori GOT RAPED not of how people think but because her reaction was that in direct connection with those students possibly dead and her not telling Shu of it.

IMO there is connection here between the 2. Who does anyone think.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 2, 2012 1:50 PM

Sep 2011
They killed Hare...THOSE BASTARDS!!!

Kinda Sad and mad that they kill Hare.....she was so kind and cute!!!
But plot wise may be a good move since Shu finally drop some balls and will begin to be a leader kindness as a leader is never good thing.....

Well lets see how they keep this up and how long badass Shu last!!!

also FUCK YOU DIRECTORS FOR KILLING HARE

raxius1230Feb 2, 2012 1:55 PM
Feb 2, 2012 2:09 PM

Jul 2008
HUEHUEHUEHUE
GJ HARE DIES
THAT'S THE TRIGGER

good guy Shu -> scumbag Shu

Def loving this episode esp when Shu's eyes changed
been waitin for something like this to happen, hopefully this trauma would make the upcoming episodes better ^^

"The right to use my friend as a weapon: that is the sinful crown I shall adorn"
Feb 2, 2012 2:12 PM

May 2008
They killed Hare.......
Feb 2, 2012 2:15 PM

Sep 2007
o_o .....man....
I know sacrificing Hare was necessary to force Shu to change (because of course they're saving Inori until the end for who knows what) but still....

NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! HARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yeah seriously.....use her void to fix a car. THAT WAS THE DUMBEST IDEA EVER SOUTA!
I felt bad for him in the beginning but after this.

STAY IN THE CORNER AND STICK TO OPENING CANS YOU DAMN JERK!!!

I can sorta see Shu turning into some sort of ass-kickin overlord but who's mentally withdrawn to everyone else now.....(Cuz I doubt he turn into another bad-ass Gai anytime soon).
Man he's sooooo broken now <_<;
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Feb 2, 2012 2:31 PM

Mar 2010
Well, Shu could have beaten the crap out of Souta (and maybe also the others who went out on their own) for doing something stupid like that.
--> REMOVE Souta
--> Reanimate Hare
I will really miss her.
But now there is no more rival for Inori except Shu himself O_o
5 / 5
Feb 2, 2012 2:32 PM

Jul 2011
ok im back and like i said before EPIC episode 5/5

shu was very doubtful becoming the new leader and suddenly having all these people to take care of,

he was trying to be kind and help everyone but the shortage of vaccines he couldn't help everyone and was forced to become heartless with giving them out

but he couldn't do it with souta and the other f-class and he just didn't want to abandon his friends and become what people hate,

i love that scene with hare and shu, i sorta started to like hare as the series progressed, i found the scene with shu and her very touching, as she comforted him and sort of confessed to him, i think shu was starting to have romantic feelings for hare and cared for her deeply

when souta and the other low class rushed out and hare and shu got injured in that explosion,

and when hare was dying from her wound but chose to save shu first was extremely sad/depressing/heartbreaking i had a new found respect for hare for doing that and i didn't want her to die, but then midway while healing shu her void was shot and destroyed, shu was saved but she was doomed

she had that touching moment where she tells shu about the kind king and slowly gets crystallized ,

i dont know how exactly but i think when her void was destroyed she was going to die along with it as the void is a persons "heart" their very life, so when destroyed people are doomed to fade away with it

thats my theory anyway, it could be something else, like she wasn't vaccinated yet but ill believe in my theory for now

that moment when shu wakes up and finds hare turning into a crystal, and fading away in his arms made me wanna cry, it was soo sad T_T

and the part where shu goes beserk, and inori knowing something is wrong with shu tried to get away and shu forcefully taking her void and taking out those endlaves was epic

it surprised me when shu beat the crap out of souta and blamed him for hare's death but imo i think he knows its his own fault in a way for being indecisive in the beginning, i think he also sort of loved hare which is why he was so angry and sad

i thought he was gonna carry on crying and quit being a leader but then he stopped himself crying and then declares he will become a true king and stop caring

i loved that moment, shu has come pretty far since the first episode, i cant wait for the next

oh yea the haters will probably most likely disagree with me and will find some stupid reason to bash the show and will probably reply to this, saying im wrong, well tbh i dont care, i loved this ep and i wont even bother arguing with you about it because imo this is my favorite ep so far
Feb 2, 2012 2:32 PM

Apr 2011
Paul said:

This and...HARE NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO T_T
Why they have to kill her??? her final moments were so heart breaking, T_T!!!
And after this Shu goes berserk...
Oh man I have a feeling that this is not going to end well, but finally we have Shu taking some action!!!
5/5 for me
P.S Hare R.I.P
Feb 2, 2012 2:38 PM

Oct 2011
Well, this had to be done. Now he's truly ready to be a badass thanks to the help of a stupid friend and the girl that loved him. But hey, it's not like you lost your blow-up-doll right?
Feb 2, 2012 2:39 PM

Aug 2009
-I knew it was coming, you knew it was coming, we all fucking knew it was coming. It's always the good girls in these series isn't it?
-Souta: I really can't be that mad at him. I know where he's coming from and in the fairest sense of things the Void Ranking system is really kinda terrible. Then again, the whole point of this episode was for Shu to throw kindness and fairness out the window.
-As if the pseudo-sexual nature of Voids wasn't clear enough, the "rape" scene encased it in carbonite.
-Daryl x Tsugumi still has hope! Wooooooo!

Hareeeeee!!! :'(
Ha-cha!
Feb 2, 2012 2:41 PM

Oct 2009
Why am I the only person that finds this unexpected?

Anyhow, Shu's badass-ery is about to enter in.

Feb 2, 2012 2:47 PM
Mar 2011
So does anyone care to explain why Inori didn't want Shu to pull out her void all of a sudden? I mean, there's a bunch of fucking Endlaves riding around and blowing shit up and she just decides that she doesn't want Shu to use her Void?
Feb 2, 2012 2:49 PM

Nov 2009
AllTsunNoDere said:
So does anyone care to explain why Inori didn't want Shu to pull out her void all of a sudden? I mean, there's a bunch of fucking Endlaves riding around and blowing shit up and she just decides that she doesn't want Shu to use her Void?

Shu was not himself. God knows what he might have done instead of just pwning those Endlaves.
Feb 2, 2012 2:51 PM

Jul 2009
Zergneedsfood said:
SSSIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Honestly eh... SIGH.
Shu is not bad ass, the only thing decent he did was punch his annoying 'friend' a couple of times.
Sighhhhhhhh...
At least the next few episodes is going to be fun, but following those episode where Shu tries to correct his ways, and blahblah, will land us back to square one and by then, I might grow a bald spot.
KurogashiFeb 2, 2012 2:56 PM
Feb 2, 2012 2:56 PM

Feb 2008
I think I'm the only one that I don't want him to be a cruel machine that only treated people like trash.

I begin to hate Shu even more now how he treated Inori like that, he went berseker and he is broken becuase of Hare dead, I can understand that.

I do still think that Ayase and the rest will stay together with him even thought he turn out to become some cruel ass that threats low ranking as thrash or it could be opposited.

Gai was strong & strict but he was also kind.

Shu is not going to become like Gai, he is going to be a person that's not really him.
He wil snap and everyone will be afraid of Shu.
He recovery back in the end of the next episode.

I don't know what directors are thinking but I do really hope something like that.

I have check everyone else posts but no one have naming the person that played Chess with Scarface.

Who do think he want to meet?

Is it Gai or is it Evil shu?

Feb 2, 2012 2:57 PM

Oct 2011
IMO, best episode so far. Shu will probably snap again when he learns that Hare saved his life by sacrificing hers.
Feb 2, 2012 2:59 PM

Jun 2008
I want more of Daryl x Tsugumi ~~~

Omg, Shirley died! oh, sorry, i mean Hare!

wait...a love confession and then sudden death of the supporting goody girl that is in love with the main protagonist...where have i seen that before...

oh right, CODE GEASS.

Hare was the most decent chara after Gai. Congratulations to the director for killing the best characters on the show.

So, who dies next? =_=

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Feb 2, 2012 2:59 PM

Feb 2008
She was afraid of Shu, so yeah who knows she could get rape and Inori love Shu so she obviously can't killed Shu.
I told this many times before he wasn't himself.

Shu usually not force anything and always ask nicely.
That's the reason, do you really hanging on what is going on?

bakuramariks said:
AllTsunNoDere said:

Shu was not himself. God knows what he might have done instead of just pwning those Endlaves.

Feb 2, 2012 3:04 PM

May 2011
HAREEEEEEEEEEE!!

If I was shu, I would be like that too...sad sepisode but Shu looks so badass and I wonder what happens next..

Hare=Shirley from code geass

shame on you director of Guilty Crown...
Feb 2, 2012 3:05 PM

Jun 2009
- Obvious death was obvious
- Nice idea of having the people with "weakest" voids go out into open so that they can be easily spotted (rolls eyes)
- Now we're going to be subjected to a few episodes of Shu being this wannabe dark/brooding character until something happens that causes him to go back to how he was before. Oh well :P
Feb 2, 2012 3:25 PM

Oct 2011
Explanation of everything:

Most freakish moment in the episode:

Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

43 by Merve2Love »»
Jul 27, 11:12 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

504 by Firemax »»
Jul 13, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 17, 2011

265 by DooMWhite »»
Jun 25, 5:34 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.