Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Vexations of a Shut-In Vampire Princess (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 30, 2023 12:44 PM

Jun 2023
Great job Project no.9.

When’s the foursome?
Dec 30, 2023 2:07 PM
Jul 2022
I enjoyed the cute characters and the laughs. But the story and concept weren't great to me.
Dec 30, 2023 2:29 PM

May 2014
I'm shocked by how decent this actually was. Adaptations of series like this usually end up being pretty bad or mediocre for one reason or another, but this was pretty solid. That honestly probably has to do a lot with Komari suddenly being revealed to be a murdermachine after a few episodes of bubbliness. Kind of gave that similar feeling you get from the a good genre-switch certain shows pull on ya. It's a shame the source material is a LN since I feel it'd work infinitely better as a manga, but I'll probably check it out regardless.
Dec 30, 2023 2:46 PM

Nov 2011
Art and animation def took a hit this episode. There were moments these characters were talking and their mouths were not even moving!

Story wise it was kind of all over the place as well.

Still a fine show overall.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 30, 2023 4:15 PM

Jun 2016
I loved this series, hope for a 2nd season, so kawaii and funny.
Dec 30, 2023 4:48 PM

Dec 2013
The show was a lot of fun, sure like with so many shows it had a pretty strong start but this one kept me entertainer until the end, it is a shame about the quality after that one delay, but at the very least it didn't become as bad as it can get.

It would be such a waste for this not to get a second season.
Dec 30, 2023 5:10 PM

Dec 2022
Loved it! The ending was worth the wait. I would love a season 2.
Dec 30, 2023 5:27 PM

Oct 2022
EPIC
Honestly I loved this show.
Komari is so likeable and her chemistry with other characters is so good (especially Vill haha).

Dec 30, 2023 5:42 PM
Aug 2022
unironically one of the best anime and most entertaining I've seen this year
Dec 30, 2023 5:49 PM
Mar 2022
The conclusion of the last episode was fantastic and happy, and it was comforting to see Neila have a happy ending.

However, Komari is at least beginning to control her strength, and having Neila by her side allowed her to make peace once more.

Finally, this program was fantastic; I rate it a 10/10 and can't wait for season two. If not, there will always be manga.
Dec 30, 2023 6:34 PM

Nov 2022
Good stuff. There's still plenty of loose ends to tie up so I need more in the future.
Dec 30, 2023 7:04 PM

Oct 2022
Such a great anime. Funny, still an engaging story, godly character designs and plenty of yuri. Hopefully we will be blessed with a season two.
UndefeatedBahamut
Dec 30, 2023 7:44 PM

Jul 2016
tbh I'm not gonna miss this anime that much. It's a decent show but after looking how OP the MC got after her first fight against Millicent, just makes me lost any interest in her story. If it wasn't for her backstory that it was shown during the first couple of episodes, i could labelled Komarin as a Mary Sue imo.

6/10 it wasn't a bad show tho.
Dec 30, 2023 8:07 PM

Dec 2022
I really enjoyed this series ngl, 8/10 (If it ever gets a second season I hope they improve the fight scenes animation)
Dec 30, 2023 8:31 PM

Oct 2022
Disappointed I didnt hear the stooge army chanting Komarin this episode, only from the civilians. The stooges chant is my favorite part of this show.

Dec 30, 2023 8:58 PM

Aug 2022
Man Komari and Nelia are the best combination lol.

Finally the last anime of this fall season before the new year has finished. I like overall both the genre and theme of this anime. The most overpowered No Life vampire ever. That is fun.

Nelia, Sakuna and Vill fighting over Komari was also very funny lol.
Dec 30, 2023 9:05 PM

Jul 2016
The funny scenes during fights were the strong point of the series.

Komari 🩸

8/10
Dec 30, 2023 9:48 PM
Nov 2018
After watching this, made me wanting Saga of Tanya the Evil season 2 even more. Prohelia remained me of Tanya, but a lot calmer.
Dec 30, 2023 9:50 PM

Aug 2013
I dont really like the constant flashbacks since the last few episodes, but i really damn love the characters.

7/10 Good show regardless, hoping for a second season.
Dec 30, 2023 11:45 PM
Sep 2021
Good finale, hope it gets a S2. Enjoyed its comedy, animation, the fights & characters overall had fun watching it.
Dec 31, 2023 12:04 AM

Nov 2022
The end. It was a good and fun series while it lasted. Really had a lot of fun watching this. Long live Komari!!!!
Dec 31, 2023 12:27 AM

Oct 2022
What end? No season 2? Love this show, it has all the elements that I want... I knew Nelia would forgive her traitorous maid who "backstabbed her for her sake", hate that part tho... anyways, give this a 9/10
Dec 31, 2023 1:02 AM
May 2022
Embient said:
And so here is the last new anime episode of the year (I think). Happy new year!

Btw the Empress uses 朕 (chin) - "We" (Dated term, first person pronoun used by the Emperor) as a first-person pronoun.
So yeah, it's not that Komari's blood is special, it's just that Nelia's Core Implosion also activates by drinking blood.
Don't you just love it when they show a punch multiple times from different angles
Komari vs Rainsworth had some good animation damn
Yeah, this was totally a harem anime all along

7/10
This was fun, in it's own way.

Project No.9 had some production issues this season, and no wonder, with them making 3 anime this season alone. I really hope Tomozaki-kun season 2 next season will be given appropriate attention. I'm watching season 1 right now, and I think it's really good.

Also it was my birthday yesterday, but no anime that I'm watching aired that day lol

btw every core impolsion activates through another person's blood, komari's core impolsion just takes the trait of the clan the blood belongs to
Dec 31, 2023 1:03 AM
May 2022
Crisis_genocide said:
WE NEED A SEASON 2. I don't know how many volumes of manga are out rn. I don't even know where's the raws..

manga is at like ch 13-14 maybe on ep 4
Dec 31, 2023 1:45 AM

Dec 2022
Komari Komari Komari!

That punch was quite satisfying; Gertrude really deserved that. But Rainsworth was such a pathetically comedic villain that I can't even take him seriously.

This was quite an entertaining show. I love Komari's quirkyness and her hardcore followers/fans.
Dec 31, 2023 2:11 AM

Oct 2022
The story is okay-ish and the support characters are so-so. Project No. 9's production qualities are quite inconsistent but I think they suffer this season because they bit off too much they can chew with 3 shows in the same season and this show is on an average side.
Dec 31, 2023 3:35 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
At last, it was time for Komari to drink blood as Nelia liberated the prisioners and defeated the representatives of Gera-Alka. The war was pretty much over from the start.

Something else that is over is this show and I gotta say, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Sure, the animation is pretty subpar, the fight scenes aren't great, some character justification aren't laid out properly and there's a lot of weird yuri in it. Nonetheless, it managed to entertain me for a while, the opening song is quite catchy and it has quite a bunch of funny moments with Komari being the disaster that she is.

I dont' really expect a season 2 from it and I don't know if I'd watch it either way since I feel like I got my share of it.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Dec 31, 2023 4:49 AM

Dec 2022
Surprisingly wholesome and funny with a relatively absurd power scaling. I actually have no major complaints about this, though there are millions of tiny things I could nitpick about all the same. I would not object to a Season 2 though I'm also pleased with what we've gotten so won't be disappointed if there isn't a S2.

Dec 31, 2023 5:10 AM

Oct 2022
Wasn't expecting anything when started watching this, but I enjoyed it, it was fun.
Dec 31, 2023 7:30 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Has some obvious flaws but overall a fun and entertaining watch for me. See you all at the second season (hopefully)!
Dec 31, 2023 8:19 AM
Jun 2020
Reply to CocoaGalaxy
EP 12

I'm already like, where is season 2

So its ep 12 and i only just realized. apparently there are two vocalists for the op. the ed is also by tomori/komari
I think it says something when I've rewatched the whole anime like once or twice already

I have to say though, out of all the anime this is the one im hoping the most to get a s2
I wont deny that the concept of komari is just so good, its not flawless but.
Also komari is a great girl and we need more

I did start reading the first novel, though I'm only a few pages in. I've already noticed some differences (mainly because words is words, while the anime conveys things a bit differently)

One thing they never answered though, if dying is so painful why do they actually do the wargames? shrug

Also apparently even before the anime started airing there was like some events already being held. its confusing sometimes

Honestly im gonna be really sad if we dont get a s2 and they're like "haha guys go read the ln"

My opinions for the whole series
Its almost flawless, there are some flaws here and there, as well as the usual stuff, adaptation syndrome, exposition, etc.
We have ep 1 and 2, then there's big whiplash in ep 34, then back to ep 56. ep 7 and 8 arent as dark, and sakuna is introduced from ep 5. then nelia and karla are both introduced in ep 9.
Ep 9 -12 as a whole just feels very different, its like they suddenly stepped on the gas
Komari, vill, sakuna, nelia. you could say vill got shafted a bit lol they even reference that in the story. there's also miss empress karen who's mostly sitting around in the background, which is both a bit fascinating but kinda strange.

Soo what was i saying again? uh. i mean really its quite clear as to how it is. the plot twist at the end of ep 4 was a thing i guess.
Komari obviously has to carry the whole anime.
While i'm also not really happy that vill got knocked out for most of ep 4 and ep 8. sakuna doesnt show up until ep 5, and she's quite cute I guess.
Its just really strange when you look at it that way.

EP 12 turned out to be a leetle different from what i expected, its actually less bombastic than ep 4/8 and had tons of talking, but the implications are quite curious if/when we get a s2

It's kind of funny how despite all these flaws like, I still feel like komari made the whole anime. Kind of because it is true.
@CocoaGalaxy i totally agree to all that you saying there.. especially the part of impression about eps 12, its different to what i expected and i also think its has less Impact than eps 4 and 8, well but maybe its because the build up before and after Komari implosion aren't enough and Komari aren't completely take all the cake like what she done at 4/8, there's Nelia, so...
zIlverKitsuneDec 31, 2023 8:33 AM
Dec 31, 2023 9:08 AM

Dec 2022
I enjoyed this far more than I should have. Its your standard "MC becomes a god when X condition is met", but it was rather enjoyable. Villhaze and Komari made a good duo, along with all the side characters, with numerous funny scenes.

Stakes became a little less tense when you know that basically no one dies in this world (Outside of ritual articles), so fights without articles are basically tensionless. I wonder if down the line, the Dark Core is revealed and destroyed or something, adding some actual tension in the fights, you know people can be seriously injured or die.

Would love a second season, but I feel like this is one of those that probably won't get a second, but I would happily welcome it if it comes.
Dec 31, 2023 10:43 AM
May 2023
Wat3rCrushertime said:
Crisis_genocide said:
WE NEED A SEASON 2. I don't know how many volumes of manga are out rn. I don't even know where's the raws..

the translated version. I'm asking for the raws not the translated version...
Dec 31, 2023 10:47 AM
May 2022
Crisis_genocide said:
Wat3rCrushertime said:

the translated version. I'm asking for the raws not the translated version...

just checked tled ver is like ch13 and raws are on ch15 which is at the battle of komari vs milicent at the church
Wat3rCrushertimeDec 31, 2023 11:19 AM
Dec 31, 2023 11:48 AM

Apr 2017
Went from a solid 7.5/10 show at the beginning to 5/10 in the end with messy animation and terrible story.
Dec 31, 2023 12:47 PM
Aug 2023
It's a fun watch and it's pretty interesting. I Would recommend
Dec 31, 2023 1:53 PM

Jun 2016
Great yuri, no, even better, yuri harem.
Dec 31, 2023 5:51 PM

Aug 2020
Show was kinda trash but I also didn't feel like dropping it, I guess cute girls and S tier OP was enough this time.
Jan 1, 1:44 AM
Jun 2017
The light novel is a lot better. I feel like Project No. 9 didn't do the source material justice, especially in the later episodes.

Each member of the Daydream Unit is also supposed to be as powerful as a Crimson Lord/Illustrious General, rampaging through the city. With 5,000 of them, Mulnite kingdom is pretty doomed and Madhart knows this. In the novel, Komari is the one to single handly wipe them out along with Rainsworth. She quite literally Mulnite Kingdom's trump card.

However, Project No. 9 represents the Daydream Unit as a bunch of slow-moving zombies almost like a generic mob in any old anime instead of an army with the power of 5,000 elite commanders. It's not even clear how this overwhelming threat was taken down. We only see Komari dropping a sword on Rainsworth and Madhart.

Another difference is how Komari's awakening was portrayed and how it persuaded the other nations to take Mulnite's side. In the anime, the everyday people see an aurora and a golden Komari on a screen and then started cheering her. Then monkey soldiers from the Lapelico Kingdom start warping in, followed by Karla's people from the Heavenly Paradise, and the Haku-Goku Commonwealth (Prohelia) also join Mulnite. But why did the Lapelico Kingdom and the Haku-Goku Commonwealth switch from Madhart's side to Komari's?

In short, other nations could feel the power of Komari's awakening from as far as their own lands, and even the ones that didn't like Mulnite decided to help because they figured it would look bad later if they didn't. The anime missed a couple opportunities to really capture how ridiculously OP Komari is. Her core implosion has enough power to wipe out nations.

One last thing that was different between the anime and novel was that the swords were spinning around Komari in novel not just motionless.

I'm kinda hoping for a season 2, but if not, I blame Project No. 9 rather than the source material.

Jan 1, 4:40 AM
Jun 2020
Reply to kurokitsune86
The light novel is a lot better. I feel like Project No. 9 didn't do the source material justice, especially in the later episodes.

Each member of the Daydream Unit is also supposed to be as powerful as a Crimson Lord/Illustrious General, rampaging through the city. With 5,000 of them, Mulnite kingdom is pretty doomed and Madhart knows this. In the novel, Komari is the one to single handly wipe them out along with Rainsworth. She quite literally Mulnite Kingdom's trump card.

However, Project No. 9 represents the Daydream Unit as a bunch of slow-moving zombies almost like a generic mob in any old anime instead of an army with the power of 5,000 elite commanders. It's not even clear how this overwhelming threat was taken down. We only see Komari dropping a sword on Rainsworth and Madhart.

Another difference is how Komari's awakening was portrayed and how it persuaded the other nations to take Mulnite's side. In the anime, the everyday people see an aurora and a golden Komari on a screen and then started cheering her. Then monkey soldiers from the Lapelico Kingdom start warping in, followed by Karla's people from the Heavenly Paradise, and the Haku-Goku Commonwealth (Prohelia) also join Mulnite. But why did the Lapelico Kingdom and the Haku-Goku Commonwealth switch from Madhart's side to Komari's?

In short, other nations could feel the power of Komari's awakening from as far as their own lands, and even the ones that didn't like Mulnite decided to help because they figured it would look bad later if they didn't. The anime missed a couple opportunities to really capture how ridiculously OP Komari is. Her core implosion has enough power to wipe out nations.

One last thing that was different between the anime and novel was that the swords were spinning around Komari in novel not just motionless.

I'm kinda hoping for a season 2, but if not, I blame Project No. 9 rather than the source material.

@kurokitsune86 ahh, thats why its feels like has much less Impact and lack of something, based on your explanation right there, i can imagine how much impact that her implosion has in this eps if they follow the LN properly, its was the scenario and scene that i expected in my head, its will be perfect ending and be topped previous eps 4 and 8.. but well, what is done is done, there's nothing we can do(sad)
Jan 1, 5:33 AM

Jan 2008
It was a fun show with some questionable quality here and there. Like after every major fight episode, the following episode took a massive dip in quality. Though in this finale, it looks like the first half of the episode took the blunt of it. They even recycled animation. Thankfully the second half wasn't as bad.

I was starting to get a bit tired of the repetitive plot though and didn't care in the slightest about the enemies this arc. While it's great Komari expands her roster of girls each arc, I wouldn't have mind a couple more servicey episodes. Will definitely miss Komari, the yuri vampire harem and the comfy ending song visuals. Still can't believe Komari has the same VA as Makima.
Jan 1, 1:23 PM
Oct 2023
too bad for the last ep
Jan 1, 7:53 PM

Feb 2014
Finally this is over xD

This anime has a big crisis of identity. And the drama is cliche and one of the worst out there - bullying/manipulation; the drama/melodrama of the entire show was basically feed on that.

This also had decent amount of free gory/violent scenes xD On a personal level, watching girls freely getting beaten/tortured as if they were punching bag or sacrificial dolls is not something I enjoy.

The yuri bait/fanservice is probably the only good part of this show, but even so it wasn´t enough to save. The comedy also very out of the place... they didn´t know how to blend it well here, so it didn´t help much. The antagonist/villains no comments.

When I watched episode 1 I thought "here is something I will gladly enjoy", but oh God I was unfornutely wrong xD

4/10
TechOtakuJan 2, 3:17 PM
Jan 2, 3:23 AM
Apr 2021
Damnnnnnn Nelia hit her so hard it replayed THREE different times (rdc reference💀) but glad Nelia got more screentime she’s actually fine as hell tbh I can’t even lie and now Komari has got 3 girls in her harem which she doesn’t want😭😭😭😭

The guy who’s always rapping and moving his hand everytime he’s getting screentime never fails to make me giggle, bro looks like he’s schizophrenic💀💀😭

Overall 8/10 show for me (enjoyment wise I’d give this a 9/10 especially for the beach episode with Vill and Sakuna😩)I liked the art it’s very well drawn to me and crisp, and the animation was good too when it needed to me idk why so many ppl hate on the animation so much I mean it’s not like this is JJK or One Piece🤦🏽‍♂️💀💀

Anyways hoping for season 2 to get released soon I’ll definitely miss Komari fine ass, Villhaze fine ass, Sakuna fine ass and Nelia fine ass☹️😩😩😩😩
Jan 2, 6:47 AM
Aug 2015
umu fun and good anime i like it
Jan 3, 12:47 AM

Oct 2007
Reply to Treyv0n
Damnnnnnn Nelia hit her so hard it replayed THREE different times (rdc reference💀) but glad Nelia got more screentime she’s actually fine as hell tbh I can’t even lie and now Komari has got 3 girls in her harem which she doesn’t want😭😭😭😭

The guy who’s always rapping and moving his hand everytime he’s getting screentime never fails to make me giggle, bro looks like he’s schizophrenic💀💀😭

Overall 8/10 show for me (enjoyment wise I’d give this a 9/10 especially for the beach episode with Vill and Sakuna😩)I liked the art it’s very well drawn to me and crisp, and the animation was good too when it needed to me idk why so many ppl hate on the animation so much I mean it’s not like this is JJK or One Piece🤦🏽‍♂️💀💀

Anyways hoping for season 2 to get released soon I’ll definitely miss Komari fine ass, Villhaze fine ass, Sakuna fine ass and Nelia fine ass☹️😩😩😩😩
@Treyv0n

a little sad there was no time to get a 4th girl in the harem, and I feel even Nelia was rushed. Good thing, there will always be the manga and the novels. :)
Jan 3, 2:04 AM
Apr 2021
Liddo-kun said:
@Treyv0n

a little sad there was no time to get a 4th girl in the harem, and I feel even Nelia was rushed. Good thing, there will always be the manga and the novels. :)

Yeah I feel you in Nelia’s character introduction and conclusion being rushed as I tried to like her a lot which I do, but when compared to Sakuna and how her character arc was portrayed makes me not as attached to Nelia, making her number 3 in my eyes🙁 while Sakuna or Villhaze are interchangeable in being number 1 in my eyes yk
Jan 3, 3:02 PM
Mar 2022
Quality took such a nosedive this episode, im crying
Jan 4, 8:26 AM

Sep 2015
went dog water after the first arc. Would've preferred her power to be kept secret and go with mini-stories instead of these grand messes of power revelation. welp
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Jan 4, 4:10 PM

Feb 2023
This show has been absolutely excellent! I went in expecting yuri, but I'm not even mad that it wasn't really. I love Terakomari Gandesblood! One of the coolest MCs in a while. Awesome worldbuilding! Awesome fight scenes! Definitely one of my new favs!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2023

62 by Magicmist »»
May 27, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2023

61 by Magicmist »»
May 21, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2023

140 by Delphantasist »»
May 17, 10:11 PM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2023

90 by Delphantasist »»
May 17, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2023

73 by Delphantasist »»
May 16, 7:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.