Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 12, 2023 9:02 AM
Jun 2016
This ep was basically an oversimplified reference to the famous 2016 cyanide coffee case lol
Dec 12, 2023 8:39 PM

Sep 2021
This was sooo boring. I was hoping they'd offer a decent four-episode final arc, since it's "extended" to 13 episodes and all, but they just wasted time on another one-episode case with no tension and plenty of cringy running gags.

And this is also the point where I'm no longer sitting through fillers to, maybe, at some point in the distant future, get an average main story out of this. So here's my final review on the show:
3 out of 3 police anime I've seen have been between bad and horrible. And if it wasn't for Kei X Yaku: Abunai Aibou, I'd believe Japan just can't write decent police mysteries.

But back to this show: The episodic format can work for police shows. In fact, german police shows are some of the very few live action media I watch. In a way, they are quite similar to Kamonohashi Ron. They have one case for 45 minutes, introducing various suspects for a crime solved by reccuring police officers. With a bit of comedy and tension - balance varies per episode. Thus it was pretty easy to spot the problems of this anime by comparing them:
1: The suspects are boring. They have no personality, so it's impossible to guess who did it from a psychological point of view. And I don't get invested in the case either.
2: The magic. Why exactly is there magic in a show that tries to shine with cases not impressive by characters, but rather by "smart" and "mysterious" execution?
3: There were also a bunch of plot holes in some of those cases. Not going into detail, just read through some of the threads on the episodes.
4: Those awful running gags. Ron is such a cringy character. Eccentric would've been funny, but he's just annoying. Partially because every joke is overused.
5: Constantly teasing a main plot. A good way to keep viewers from dropping it, but once they realize they've been played they hate the show even more. Subject to change if, at some point, the show actually pursuits the main plot - then it would "only" be awful pacing and overload of fillers.

That's about it. I don't even have any good points worth mentioning, which is quite rare for me! A very flawed, childish and boring show. 2/10
Dec 20, 2023 8:56 AM

Dec 2018
It's fun... But it's starting to get annoying.... Toto is so retard... How can he just standing there watching what the culprit doing when he knew very well that she will follow what Ron said....
Just look at the cafe wall furniture's really scary... it is look so sharp and can kill people....

Dec 23, 2023 1:46 AM
Dec 2023
este episodio es god
Dec 25, 2023 10:31 PM
Apr 2021
I like the reporter girl she’s cute as hell😩 but overall nice chill episide I though the friend in the hat did it for a lil bit💀
Jan 6, 4:12 AM

Aug 2022
Reply to GakutoDeathGlare
They really be pushing this whole "murderous Ron" thing, without any consequences so far. How many incidents do you need to see before you do something about it? Not having him on the scene. Looking like we need to see somebody actually kill themselves for it to finally happen, that women came so close this episode lol... Pretty dumb writing tbh... Both Ron and Ishiki look absolutely horrified after a near death incident, have a little introspection moment, and then think "fuck it, let's do the same thing tomorrow, I wonder how close this next person is gonna die" lol...

Pretty average anime really, I somewhat enjoyed at the beginning, but it kind of drags and repeats.
@GakutoDeathGlare +1!
Jan 6, 4:17 AM

Aug 2022
This anime lacks of intelligence.
Jan 11, 8:55 AM
Apr 2021
And again i struggle to understand why Toto always wait at the very last second to save the victim from Ron's mojo I JUST DONT GET IT!?

It's seriously not that difficult either:
1. Shut Ron's mouth or drag him away
2. and much easier way, restrain the victims so they can't move cuz Ron's mojo can't make their heartbeat stop

Like it's that easy, there's no need to give me a slight heart attack everytime this happens
Jan 11, 8:56 AM
Apr 2021
Reply to Bisalissy
This was sooo boring. I was hoping they'd offer a decent four-episode final arc, since it's "extended" to 13 episodes and all, but they just wasted time on another one-episode case with no tension and plenty of cringy running gags.

And this is also the point where I'm no longer sitting through fillers to, maybe, at some point in the distant future, get an average main story out of this. So here's my final review on the show:
3 out of 3 police anime I've seen have been between bad and horrible. And if it wasn't for Kei X Yaku: Abunai Aibou, I'd believe Japan just can't write decent police mysteries.

But back to this show: The episodic format can work for police shows. In fact, german police shows are some of the very few live action media I watch. In a way, they are quite similar to Kamonohashi Ron. They have one case for 45 minutes, introducing various suspects for a crime solved by reccuring police officers. With a bit of comedy and tension - balance varies per episode. Thus it was pretty easy to spot the problems of this anime by comparing them:
1: The suspects are boring. They have no personality, so it's impossible to guess who did it from a psychological point of view. And I don't get invested in the case either.
2: The magic. Why exactly is there magic in a show that tries to shine with cases not impressive by characters, but rather by "smart" and "mysterious" execution?
3: There were also a bunch of plot holes in some of those cases. Not going into detail, just read through some of the threads on the episodes.
4: Those awful running gags. Ron is such a cringy character. Eccentric would've been funny, but he's just annoying. Partially because every joke is overused.
5: Constantly teasing a main plot. A good way to keep viewers from dropping it, but once they realize they've been played they hate the show even more. Subject to change if, at some point, the show actually pursuits the main plot - then it would "only" be awful pacing and overload of fillers.

That's about it. I don't even have any good points worth mentioning, which is quite rare for me! A very flawed, childish and boring show. 2/10
@Bisalissy Try Moriarty the Patriot, i love it very much but not sure if it's ur thing
Jan 11, 4:03 PM

Sep 2021
Reply to EleaB
@Bisalissy Try Moriarty the Patriot, i love it very much but not sure if it's ur thing
@EleaB I already have it on my watchlist. I'll pick it up once the seasonals leave me some space. Thanks for the recommendation :)
Jan 15, 4:19 AM

Mar 2015
That was close, he acted last minute. He knew what was about to happen, but not how.
Jan 24, 2:24 PM

Nov 2011
Toto was making too many sounds for too little animation xD Or was my internet lagging that much that animation stopped xD

plus: xD

EpirooguJan 24, 2:27 PM
Jan 30, 1:53 AM
Dec 2022
The opening song sequence has the episode's characters and suspects strolling along the street where Toto and Kamoo happens to be passing by. Toto got an admirer.
Feb 10, 10:49 PM
Apr 2021
Luwak white coffe Jessica
May 1, 12:35 AM

Aug 2019
Why did it took him so long to react? Like bruh? Don’t just stand there. Toto needs to stop taking forever to stop them. He knows what’s going to happen.
Jul 6, 6:30 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to adbeaver
That was close, he acted last minute. He knew what was about to happen, but not how.
@adbeaver

An interesting thought.. I just think the crime reporter worked it out.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2023

72 by _MushiRock11_ »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2023

42 by CutieAnshin »»
Aug 2, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2023

55 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 31, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2023

55 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 29, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Kamonohashi Ron no Kindan Suiri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2023

78 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 27, 7:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.