Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Nodame Cantabile
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 16, 2010 1:35 PM

Jun 2008
didnt miss a beat from paris-hen- awesome first episode
Jan 16, 2010 1:52 PM

Aug 2009
So can anyone tell where this is in the manga? Chapter number that is.
Jan 16, 2010 2:20 PM

Oct 2008
I've been waiting for this episode for a long time. Great to see it, and to watch Nodame again. I'm expecting good things from this season.
Jan 16, 2010 2:21 PM

Sep 2009
Cried with happiness!!
Chiaki = he has turned into a more beautiful man. love him!
Like the OP . Love the ED . Way better than the previous seasons.
Chiaki and Nodame getting a little jerky in their relationship. Cant wait to see more developement in their relationship.
Nodame is just hilarious. Made my day.

Why the hell is the finale 11 episode? Why? Why? Why? *fumes rushing from ears*
Jan 16, 2010 4:21 PM

Sep 2007
Nodame is a MUST WATCH series. I'm glad it's back n///n

Jan 16, 2010 4:22 PM

Sep 2008
Chiaki seems way more caring now. Hahaha it was funny when the güy said he was going to fall for him cuz he was so nice XD I hope he's not OVERLY nice now...
I liked the ep, but would've have liked it more if they at least showed ONE scene of chiaki and nodame together...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2010 4:55 PM

Aug 2008
The OP puts me in such a good mood. And god damn, whenever a Nodame episode starts I just don't want it to stop.

Just wondering, I know that MAL says it will be 11 episodes, but where was it confirmed that this season would only be 11 episodes? (Feel free to make me look like a jackass, I would just like to know.)
Jan 16, 2010 5:28 PM

Apr 2008
haha~ hilarious as ever xD

Jan 16, 2010 5:52 PM

Jul 2007
I've been really looking forward to this.
It was a nice start. Nodame looks cuter this season.
Jan 16, 2010 6:09 PM
Oct 2009
Right off the bat, it seems like the pacing of this season won't be as wrong as the pacing of season 2 was. Still, only eleven episodes? Will they be able to cover whatever's left for them to cover in that amount of time?

also, conducting and playing at the same time? MASAKA! shit, chiaki is so baller.

also, gyabo~
DukeofFunkJan 16, 2010 6:20 PM
Jan 16, 2010 8:05 PM
May 2008
Already off to a great start, as expected. However, the pacing seems weird, not like season two's sporadic pacing but a bit too quick, imo.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jan 16, 2010 8:15 PM

Jul 2009
Eh. Hopefully it'll only be 11 episodes.

I liked season 2 the most, actually (albeit I really disliked season 1). This season already had massive drama and stupid conflict in the first episode. I hate Chiaki, and Nodame is getting on my nerves by even trying to find something good about him. The rest of the cast is fine, but tune down the hard gay. It's like every character wants to suck Chiaki's dick, and I thought the old guy was finally going to break the streak of everyone liking Chiaki, but nope. Chiaki is just FAR too fabulous. ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ

Opening and ending aren't anything special and the over-saturation of music isn't all that great imo. I love classical music, but slim it down. The anime barely has time for romance with all this "compete for the top" shit going down.

I digress, I'm totally wrong, I don't know anything about good anime etc. I'm just hoping this last season will live up to THE GREATNESS I've heard of in this series.

Also, masturbation.
Jan 16, 2010 8:15 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
I AM SO HAPPY NODAME IS BACK!! MUKYAAA!!
p r o f i l e 👀
Jan 16, 2010 8:52 PM

Aug 2009
love it!
and the preview 4 the next episode...Nodame was crying??WHY??
I cant wait 4 ep 2 already>.<
Jan 16, 2010 9:14 PM

Apr 2008
Seemed a bit fast, but otherwise a great 1st episode.
Jan 16, 2010 9:49 PM

Jan 2009
She got the opportunity to perform a concert with a band, fuck yeah.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Jan 16, 2010 10:19 PM

Oct 2009
I like the Finale's OP. It's different from the others.

Nodame might forget to replace the batteries again.
Jan 17, 2010 12:15 AM

Aug 2008
Maaaaaaaan this sucks it's only 11 episodes. This episode is from chapter 99 of the manga. That means there's 37 more chapters to cover in only 10 episodes! That's just too short! Ugh! Theyre gonna cut sooooo much out. That makes me so terribly sad. *sigh

Mukya!!!!
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Jan 17, 2010 12:24 AM

Sep 2008
I've missed Nodame Cantabile so much!
It feels great to see everyone again =D
The first episode is absolutely lovely~
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Jan 17, 2010 2:45 AM

May 2008
Trie said:
I've been really looking forward to this.
It was a nice start. Nodame looks cuter this season.

Yeah, Nodame looks much better at this season, now she looks kawaii! :)

OP>ED IMO.

GYABO!!
Jan 17, 2010 6:39 AM

Oct 2008
SNSD said:
LMAO hilarious. xD I really wanted a 26 episode Nodame. :( I really hate that they're trying to fit everything into 11 episodes. Can anyone tell me why anyone would make an anime THAT short?

Basically this season is just a continuation of Paris-hen so you could look at it as being 22 episodes. They split the season probably for either two reasons.

1. Lack of Funding
2. Make more money on Advertising

Since this series was originally scheduled for Fall 09 and then pushed back, the first choice seems to make more sense. I've been bummed for quite some time about the lack of licensing and distribution of this show in Dvd region 1. You know classical music is a hard sell to a lot of people, but this show is magnificent. It's hard to tell where these last eleven episodes are going to take us. Will it be tragedy or will it ecstasy? This first episode incorporated a lot of what made the first two seasons good. The first season under the direction of Kenichi Kasai obviously being the true masterpiece. Still i have faith in Chiaki Kon, who is an amazing director in his own right. I actually went back and watched the last episode of Paris-hen then re-watched this first episode to see if the art looked the same. As far as I could tell it was very close but this first episode seem to have a few frames that were unfinished with little detail. I would say I hope the fix that before the put it on dvd, but....

Besides that the Opening "Manazashi Daydream" by Yuu Sakai was much better than Paris-hen's and the story moved well and had me laughing at a few points. Particularly in the beginning when Nodame text Chiaki to hold up the concert for her. Overall it was a good re-introduction to this second part of Paris-hen. I really wish they hadn't named it "Finale" though. It's hard to believe that they couldn't continue to develop this story.
Jan 17, 2010 9:29 AM

Apr 2008
"I ALMOST FELL IN LOVE WITH HIM!"
lmao, awesome.

Glad this series is back. Such a chill show. (:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2010 9:33 AM
Dec 2008
This episode [or the subs] was kind of confusing for me. I guess I forgot what happened last season or something, but it feels like there was a lot of stuff left out. It doesn't quite connect.
Btw, when did Streseman die? I don't remember that. Either that, or it was confusing translations.
CongeeJan 17, 2010 9:36 AM
Jan 17, 2010 12:09 PM

Sep 2008
Not bad, the only thing that annoyed me was that I could have used a recap because it's been so long since I've seen the second season, I kinda pretty much forgot about everyone other then the two mains, O well I guess I need to rewatch the second season.

Also the Masturbating thing managed to be funny and disturbing all at the same time.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jan 17, 2010 12:51 PM

Aug 2008
LOVED IT!

No other series does everything that I'd ever want from a slice of life (except maybe Honey and Clover) the way Nodame does. I get great characters, comedy, drama, and damn good music. For this to be the finale makes me deeply depressed, because I just don't know where i'll get another show like this. Nodame is my light in this dreary winter line-up.

The only problem I have is the CG and the character design...I don't remember the cg being so noticeable, and the characters feel like they have bigger chins all of a sudden. But I'm nitpicking!
Jan 17, 2010 12:52 PM

Oct 2008
Congee said:
This episode [or the subs] was kind of confusing for me. I guess I forgot what happened last season or something, but it feels like there was a lot of stuff left out. It doesn't quite connect.
Btw, when did Streseman die? I don't remember that. Either that, or it was confusing translations.

I watched Frostii's subs and they were good. I'm curious which subs you watched?

@ Jigero: Completely missed the masturbating thing. I'm gonna have to watch yet again.

Edit: @Notehero: Damn you know I couldn't put my finger on what it was that was annoying me about the animation either. It just seemed like a few of the frames where pasted into the 3D without any blending. Basically it's the fault of the 3D animator that didn't do a great job of softening the characters into the background.
Orion1Jan 17, 2010 12:59 PM
Jan 17, 2010 6:11 PM
Jul 2018
Jigero said:
Also the Masturbating thing managed to be funny and disturbing all at the same time.
That was uncalled for, but it's Nodame. Anything she does is <3
Jan 17, 2010 6:34 PM

Dec 2007
Shitsurei said:
Jigero said:
That was uncalled for, but it's Nodame. Anything she does is <3

XDD I didn't see that. lol

This episode was awesome! I can't wait for more. I read the manga so I know what is going to happen, it's just really cool to see it all unfold in the anime. x3 Whee!
Jan 17, 2010 6:37 PM

Oct 2009
Finally, it's subbed! I watched it yesterday. I liked the Bach Harpsichord Concerto that Chiaki conducted. It was my favorite part of the episode. I was expecting more funny moments between Nodame and Shinichi, but that really didn't happen in this episode, which was disappointing.

I'm VERY pleased with the opening song to Finale; I almost like it as much as the opening to Paris Chapter.
Jan 17, 2010 9:21 PM

Jul 2008
Ahh the ED is great! I love it! Haha i still don't think the professor who teaches nodame right now is as awesome as Milch XDDD
Jan 17, 2010 11:41 PM

Feb 2009
what masturbating thing are you guys talking about? Is that the scene where Nodame dragged Chiaki's shirt from the laundry? I thought that was only her usual way of 'charging' where she always sniff some of Chiaki's stuff? ','?from what i remember she always loves Chiaki's scent hence she does that a lot. ↲↲Nontheless, i <3 this episode. Gyabo~!
Jan 18, 2010 3:50 AM
Jul 2018
fairylyts said:
what masturbating thing are you guys talking about? Is that the scene where Nodame dragged Chiaki's shirt from the laundry? I thought that was only her usual way of 'charging' where she always sniff some of Chiaki's stuff? ','?from what i remember she always loves Chiaki's scent hence she does that a lot. ↲↲Nontheless, i <3 this episode. Gyabo~!
Jan 18, 2010 3:53 AM

Jun 2009
Gyabo!! Myukaa!! lols I missed those expressions it never fails me to laugh. I always get goosebumps whenever they play in a concert.

~Yunlong x Chiaki hehe

The last part about Nodame's concert really makes my day. But I totally forgot about that Lambert person.

The opening and ending song is also good
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jan 18, 2010 8:53 AM

Feb 2009
Shitsurei said:
fairylyts said:

Oh I see, I watched the frostii subs but they used the other word "private power generator. x__x Im really slow I got confused, so I guess they have the same meaning eh? XDDD Coz in the manga Nodame was just sniffing stuff... XDDD

I guess BSS is using more direct words, Im gonna watch the BSS then, I think they're funnier. XDDD
Jan 18, 2010 10:35 AM
Jul 2018
The word there is 自家発電 [Jikahatsuden], which can be translated as auxiliary/emergency power supply OR masturbation. They are both right then
Jan 18, 2010 5:05 PM

Sep 2009
Yes!!! Back in business, good music, rocky romance, and wackiness galore. What more could we ask for? I have been waiting for this episode for what seems ever and it didn't disappoint. Can't wait for the next one. Keep 'em coming.
Jan 18, 2010 5:18 PM

Jun 2007
Was it just me or does Nodame look a bit different from previous seasons? Maybe it's just my imagination. :s Ah well, the episode was nice, the OP is so adorable, especially the beginning part with Nodame & the umbrella <3

Also, I want to sleep in Chiaki's nice long bed.

?_? || Mo <3: squrrriles kidnapped her let's eat theree nuts || ♪♫♪
Jan 18, 2010 5:23 PM

Nov 2008
kyrori said:
Was it just me or does Nodame look a bit different from previous seasons? Maybe it's just my imagination.

Me too. She looked slightly different in some scenes.
Jan 18, 2010 6:23 PM

Jul 2007
Oh god, that was better than all the episodes of Pari-hen. It's so good to have you back in my life, Nodame ^^
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jan 18, 2010 7:31 PM

Aug 2008
It's the chin. Almost everyone's chin is bigger this season.
Jan 18, 2010 7:32 PM

Jan 2009
I loved it, she finally returned xD
Jan 19, 2010 5:35 PM

Feb 2009
I laughed hysterically at Nodame's "recharging" method.

So glad this got a continuation, and just where Paris-hen practically left off too. I can already tell this will be my favorite anime of the season.
Jan 19, 2010 5:48 PM

Feb 2009
noteDhero said:

It didn't actually bother me until I saw this. I dunno why, but the proportions on her face are so... odd.
Jan 20, 2010 3:36 AM

Nov 2007
Oh Nodame Cantabile how I have missed you ><! But what a magnificent first episode Chiaki playing the piano was just ... amazing beyond words @_@! But seems Nodame is about to enter into a concert, interesting :3 ...can't wait for more ^_^! But only 11 episodes D: but I guess because the manga is finished that is understandable.
Jan 20, 2010 12:05 PM

Sep 2008
HoaRy said:
The word there is 自家発電 [Jikahatsuden], which can be translated as auxiliary/emergency power supply OR masturbation. They are both right then

personally I though masturbation was funnier.
kyrori said:
Was it just me or does Nodame look a bit different from previous seasons? Maybe it's just my imagination. :s Ah well, the episode was nice, the OP is so adorable, especially the beginning part with Nodame & the umbrella <3

Also, I want to sleep in Chiaki's nice long bed.

I thought that was kinda weird, but then I thought "hmmm fancy European house...... bed made for Andre the giant wouldn't be to out of place....>.>"
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jan 20, 2010 11:55 PM

Jul 2006
Splitter said:
It's so good to have you back in my life, Nodame ^^
She's mine. Don't touch her. >:[

Jan 21, 2010 1:42 PM

Oct 2007
LoliLoverJustice said:
Splitter said:
It's so good to have you back in my life, Nodame ^^
She's mine. Don't touch her. >:[

Pfft I took her from you this summer betch
Jan 22, 2010 2:25 PM

May 2008
YaY Nodame!!!
I love nodame great episode.
I hope to God they are going to do more than the 11 episodes listed here.
I have read the whole manga so i know what is going to happen but it is so kool to see it animated.
I cant wait for this one specific part close to the end.!!!!!!!!!
Jan 22, 2010 3:11 PM

Mar 2008
Syl said:
noteDhero said:

It didn't actually bother me until I saw this. I dunno why, but the proportions on her face are so... odd.

I think it's only because she's meant to look overweight.
Jan 24, 2010 4:13 PM

Jul 2007
Maximatum99 said:
kyrori said:
Was it just me or does Nodame look a bit different from previous seasons? Maybe it's just my imagination.

Me too. She looked slightly different in some scenes.

Seriously, I hate how she looks in this series. In some scenes she's regular and then other scenes she's like moe and typical anime style. It's weird.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Riveiraland - Mar 11, 2010

114 by sillylovesong »»
May 6, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Proselyt - Jan 28, 2010

82 by WaterBottleWeeb »»
Mar 11, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

HawthorneKitty - Mar 25, 2010

239 by Euroqean »»
Sep 23, 2023 4:30 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 18, 2010

93 by removed-user »»
Apr 30, 2023 6:56 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 12, 2010

81 by Preachee »»
Sep 25, 2021 10:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.