Forum Settings
Forums
New
Which do you prefer?
Only subs - original audio is best.
45.9%
Mostly subbed, some dubbed.
29.7%
Only dubbed - I like it in my native language.
2.3%
Mostly dubbed, some subbed.
8.0%
Both subbed and dubbed equally.
11.5%
Raw.
2.6%
2,442 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (63) « First ... « 59 60 [61] 62 63 »
Apr 11, 2011 3:23 PM

Jul 2010
insan3soldiern said:

I generally prefer subs, but I still think Baccano!'s dub was very well done. My only problem is it doesn't have Norio Wakamoto..
I also think it is well done, one of the few dubs that I think is pretty good. But that doesn't mean it is "objectively" good, there are still be people who think it's not as proven by Vinter.
Apr 11, 2011 3:58 PM

Jun 2009
RedSuisei said:
insan3soldiern said:

I generally prefer subs, but I still think Baccano!'s dub was very well done. My only problem is it doesn't have Norio Wakamoto..
I also think it is well done, one of the few dubs that I think is pretty good. But that doesn't mean it is "objectively" good, there are still be people who think it's not as proven by Vinter.

That's true..I just wanted to throw out another point of view. That not everyone who prefers subs, thinks the dub for Baccano! is bad. Btw, I'm guessing an "objectively" good dub would be something Stand Alone Complex or Cowboy Bebop?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 11, 2011 4:45 PM

Jul 2009
RedSuisei said:
insan3soldiern said:

Vinter's point is weird, since he's pretty vague about why the dub is bad. He mentions immersion, but to be frank, I'm not seeing why he thinks there's a lack of immersion. It's obvious that the show was largely inspired by mafia films, we know that mafia films often use outrageous accents, and Baccano!'s dub is rather famous for all its accents. Seems like a perfect fit to me. Also, his memorable phrase throw in makes it seem as if the usage of memorable phrases automatically raises the quality of something (sort of similar to style over substance). So I'm not seeing why he thinks it's bad; it seems he was just pointing out his personal preference, and not any reason it can be objectively called bad.
Apr 11, 2011 5:21 PM

Jan 2011
ARXLaevatein said:
RedSuisei said:
insan3soldiern said:

Vinter's point is weird, since he's pretty vague about why the dub is bad. He mentions immersion, but to be frank, I'm not seeing why he thinks there's a lack of immersion. It's obvious that the show was largely inspired by mafia films, we know that mafia films often use outrageous accents, and Baccano!'s dub is rather famous for all its accents. Seems like a perfect fit to me. Also, his memorable phrase throw in makes it seem as if the usage of memorable phrases automatically raises the quality of something (sort of similar to style over substance). So I'm not seeing why he thinks it's bad; it seems he was just pointing out his personal preference, and not any reason it can be objectively called bad.

I think it lacks feeling. If you tell someone that they're a god damn idiot you need to put some anger into it.
From the first episode of Baccano with dubs, when deciding between dubs or subs for that show I didn't feel that some of the characters were putting any feeling into it. It's like they were reading the script aloud in class.

I don't hate dubs, if the anime takes place outside of Japan I prefer them for immersion. But if the acting is off at all it completely pulls me out of the experience.
So I hold them to the same standards as the subs. I refuse to accept "good" or "decent" dubs when the japanese voice acting is great.
VinterApr 11, 2011 5:26 PM
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
Apr 11, 2011 5:34 PM
Nov 2008
Vinter said:

From the first episode of Baccano with dubs, when deciding between dubs or subs for that show I didn't feel that some of the characters were putting any feeling into it. It's like they were reading the script aloud in class.

Oh, so you only watched the first episode?
Apr 11, 2011 6:00 PM

Jan 2011
Onibokusu said:
Vinter said:

I can't very well keep watching every episode both dub and sub. If the first episode doesn't have top-notch quality acting, why would the rest?
Apr 11, 2011 6:01 PM

Jul 2009
Vinter said:
Onibokusu said:
Vinter said:

I can't very well keep watching every episode both dub and sub. If the first episode doesn't have top-notch quality acting, why would the rest?

You know you don't have the grounds to make a claim about the entirety of something if you only experience part of it, right?
ARXLaevateinApr 11, 2011 6:56 PM
Apr 11, 2011 6:20 PM

Dec 2009
The only dubbed anime I like is Dragon Ball Z. Some of the dubbed Miyazaki movies are fairly good too.

“Many of us crucify ourselves between two thieves - regret for the past and fear of the future.”
~ Fulton Oursler
Apr 11, 2011 6:32 PM
Oct 2010
I watch the first episode in Japanese and the second in English and then pick which one I prefer.
Apr 11, 2011 8:18 PM

Jan 2011
ARXLaevatein said:
Vinter said:
Onibokusu said:
Vinter said:

You know you don't have the grounds to make a claim about the entirety of something if you only experience part of it, right?

I can judge whether or not a chicken is raw without eating the whole thing.
So why wouldn't I be able to judge whether or not the acting is up to standard without watching the entire series?

Do the actors suddenly learn how to act in a way that lets me believe they're actual people towards the second half? Or are you suggesting that you get used to the forced emotion after a while. Because that doesn't really speak in its favour.
VinterApr 11, 2011 8:59 PM
Apr 11, 2011 9:17 PM
Nov 2008
Vinter said:

I can judge whether or not a chicken is raw without eating the whole thing.

That's a poor comparison, unless that chicken's in an oven and just started cooking.
Apr 11, 2011 11:11 PM

Jun 2008
RedSuisei said:
Redfoxoffire said:

Wow. No, Baccano!'s dub is very good. Not "better than the others but still sucks" good, it is legitimately good. If you disagree, it's probably a result of your own bias, like it usually is with dub haters.

That's not to say you have to like it, but there's a difference between liking it and it being good.
Good is subjective though. It might be good for you and a lot others, but some may not think it is.

Note that I don't really think it's bad, it's just that you can't force what you think is good onto others like that.

Not quite. There are clearly objective standards used to determine good versus bad in something like voice acting. Otherwise discussions like this wouldn't exist in the first place, since there'd be no such thing as a good or bad dub/sub anyway; it would all be "opinion."

That said, Baccano! hits a lot of those standards for a good dub, some of which ARX has already pointed out. So yes, I can force this on others, and yes, I can tell Vinter he's wrong if he thinks Baccano!'s dub is bad.
Apr 12, 2011 2:35 AM

Jan 2011
Redfoxoffire said:
RedSuisei said:
Redfoxoffire said:

Wow. No, Baccano!'s dub is very good. Not "better than the others but still sucks" good, it is legitimately good. If you disagree, it's probably a result of your own bias, like it usually is with dub haters.

That's not to say you have to like it, but there's a difference between liking it and it being good.
Good is subjective though. It might be good for you and a lot others, but some may not think it is.

Note that I don't really think it's bad, it's just that you can't force what you think is good onto others like that.

Not quite. There are clearly objective standards used to determine good versus bad in something like voice acting. Otherwise discussions like this wouldn't exist in the first place, since there'd be no such thing as a good or bad dub/sub anyway; it would all be "opinion."

That said, Baccano! hits a lot of those standards for a good dub, some of which ARX has already pointed out. So yes, I can force this on others, and yes, I can tell Vinter he's wrong if he thinks Baccano!'s dub is bad.

First of all; she. Secondly; I never claimed it was bad, I merely said it wasn't great. And thats not even saying there aren't any great actors/actresses in the show, but if there's even one that is not really great, that gets a lot of screentime, that ruins the whole thing for me.
Apr 12, 2011 3:24 AM
Oct 2010
Vinter said:

First of all; she. Secondly; I never claimed it was bad, I merely said it wasn't great. And thats not even saying there aren't any great actors/actresses in the show, but if there's even one that is not really great, that gets a lot of screentime, that ruins the whole thing for me.

So, if the English dub isn't great, the Japanese audio track is automatically better? How can you say that the Japanese dub is better, when you don't understand the language? The Japanese voice actors could give a god-awful performance and you wouldn't notice it, since you don't know the language good enough to determine if the acting is actually good or not. (Btw, I just assume here that you don't understand Japanese, if that's not the case, it's definitely my mistake here)

Just for the record: I'm not a "dub-only" fan. The thing is that English isn't my native tongue, and in order to improve my English I sometimes choose the English dub over the Japanese, even if I have the feeling that the English Voice actors can't nail a character down as good as the Japanese voice actors.
But if I have the feeling that the English voice actors are terrible compared to the Japanese, I choose the Japanese audio track after all.
Apr 12, 2011 3:48 AM

Jan 2011
tempo_plus said:
Vinter said:

So, if the English dub isn't great, the Japanese audio track is automatically better? How can you say that the Japanese dub is better, when you don't understand the language? The Japanese voice actors could give a god-awful performance and you wouldn't notice it, since you don't know the language good enough to determine if the acting is actually good or not. (Btw, I just assume here that you don't understand Japanese, if that's not the case, it's definitely my mistake here)

Just for the record: I'm not a "dub-only" fan. The thing is that English isn't my native tongue, and in order to improve my English I sometimes choose the English dub over the Japanese, even if I have the feeling that the English Voice actors can't nail a character down as good as the Japanese voice actors.
But if I have the feeling that the English voice actors are terrible compared to the Japanese, I choose the Japanese audio track after all.

It's relative.
If the English version isn't as good, or better than the Japanese, I'll watch the Japanese version.
You don't have to understand the language perfectly to understand the emotions behind it.
I can tell when someone is angry, sad, happy, afraid, embarassed etc. by the tone of their voice. If they say something, and the tone of voice doesn't match it (as is the case with many dubs) then that breaks immersion for me, and creates distain.
Apr 12, 2011 3:57 AM
Nov 2008
Vinter said:

It's relative.
If the English version isn't as good, or better than the Japanese, I'll watch the Japanese version.
You don't have to understand the language perfectly to understand the emotions behind it.
I can tell when someone is angry, sad, happy, afraid, embarassed etc. by the tone of their voice. If they say something, and the tone of voice doesn't match it (as is the case with many dubs) then that breaks immersion for me, and creates distain.

Well, naturally the Japanese can never overact, right?
Apr 12, 2011 4:16 AM

Jan 2011
Onibokusu said:
Vinter said:

It's relative.

Well, naturally the Japanese can never overact, right?

Of course they can, which is one of the main reasons why I would stop watching a show.
If a show takes place outside of Japan I will always prefer dubbed, but quality acting always trumps language.
Apr 12, 2011 10:55 AM

Jun 2008
Vinter said:
Redfoxoffire said:
RedSuisei said:
Redfoxoffire said:

Your gender isn't specified, so forgive me on that part (yes, I did check before assuming). You said, and I quote, "Sadly the dubs were unacceptable." Now it's true that that is not directly saying "bad," but again, forgive me for assuming such a thing from that statement, especially when you later explain how it "lacks feeling" and blah blah blah.

Besides, what you say here further kills your argument that you can judge the whole based on a part. You mention this whole "one bad apple spoils to the bunch," and earlier you said decided from the beginning to watch the subs or dubs, meaning you hadn't even seen the whole thing and didn't know who had a lot of screen time. In addition, if it's only one or two mediocre performances that are the issue at the start, the chance of just a few getting better is much higher than hoping for everyone to get better.
Apr 12, 2011 12:37 PM

Apr 2011
subs :D
Apr 12, 2011 2:20 PM

Nov 2009
Would love to watch raw just need to take the time to learn the language but until that time il have to stick to subs where the translations make more sense and the voices match the characters
Apr 13, 2011 6:43 AM

Oct 2007
CrystalDragon715 said:
Would love to watch raw just need to take the time to learn the language but until that time il have to stick to subs where the translations make more sense and the voices match the characters

The translations make plenty of sense in dubs. That claim is just ridiculous.
You can find me on IRC.
Apr 13, 2011 6:51 AM

Apr 2011
Kuyukly said:
CrystalDragon715 said:

The translations make plenty of sense in dubs. That claim is just ridiculous.

Bull crap. Did you see how they murdered YuGiOh! Duel Monsters? It made way more sense when I watched it Raw/Subbed.

Anyway I prefer subbed to dubbed, but I watch new shows raw mostly. (Like YuGiOh Zexal.) I only watch raw when I'm to lazy/exicted to wait for a fansub.
Apr 13, 2011 6:54 AM

Oct 2007
Razzledazzy said:
Bull crap. Did you see how they murdered YuGiOh! Duel Monsters? It made way more sense when I watched it Raw/Subbed.

>Implying 4kids counts as "dubbing"

Edit: For future reference, assume unless context says otherwise that I am NOT including 4kids in my arguments. I never do.
KuyuApr 13, 2011 6:59 AM
You can find me on IRC.
Apr 13, 2011 7:10 AM

Apr 2011
Kuyukly said:
Razzledazzy said:

Edit: For future reference, assume unless context says otherwise that I am NOT including 4kids in my arguments. I never do.

Hahahaha I think we can all agree that 4kids is ablsolute crap.

Nevertheless it's still the first thing I think of when I think of dubs, because it makes me rage so.
Apr 13, 2011 7:12 AM

Mar 2011
Depends on how well the actors play their parts. If they play it right, this can be accounted for the dub or sub versions. Then I'll enjoy it regardless. Well, as long I know what's going on at least, lol.

Plus, seeing that sometimes the dub version takes some parts out from the original Japanese version, I sometimes like that version.

So, I'm going to vote both.
Apr 13, 2011 7:54 AM
Nov 2008
Razzledazzy said:

Nevertheless it's still the first thing I think of when I think of dubs, because it makes me rage so.

That says a lot about your character.
Apr 13, 2011 8:25 AM

Jan 2008
I prefer dubs.
Apr 13, 2011 8:28 AM

Jun 2009
Razzledazzy said:
Kuyukly said:
Razzledazzy said:

Am I the only one who loved the One Piece pirate rap opening thing? That may have been the only good thing ever to come from 4kids.

Not saying that its better than the original One Piece opening though.
Apr 13, 2011 11:16 AM

Jan 2011
Only subs - original audio is best
i hate dubbed
Apr 13, 2011 12:55 PM

Apr 2011
Subs, always.

i despise and hate dubbed.
Apr 13, 2011 3:49 PM

Oct 2007
Razzledazzy said:
Kuyukly said:
Razzledazzy said:

You really shouldn't, because 4kids dubs are a huge minority; most dubs are handled by FAR more competent people.
You can find me on IRC.
Apr 13, 2011 5:36 PM

Apr 2011
Jrittmayer said:
Razzledazzy said:
Kuyukly said:
Razzledazzy said:

Am I the only one who loved the One Piece pirate rap opening thing? That may have been the only good thing ever to come from 4kids.

Not saying that its better than the original One Piece opening though.

Haha I am guilty of loving the opening song for the first season of Duel Monsters. ^^ Good times.

Kuyukly said:
Razzledazzy said:
Kuyukly said:
Razzledazzy said:

You really shouldn't, because 4kids dubs are a huge minority; most dubs are handled by FAR more competent people.

Maybe on the internet, but for televised anime shows 4kids was one of the number one.
Apr 13, 2011 7:17 PM

Aug 2007
Why do I get the feeling that most of the people who always pick subs over dubs, only say it because it's hip to be a weeaboo tard?

Apr 13, 2011 7:25 PM

Jun 2010
Hias said:
Why do I get the feeling that most of the people who always pick subs over dubs, only say it because it's hip to be a weeaboo tard?

Some prolly do, deff not all

and here is where I copy/paste a thought I had on another forum recently

There are still some nice dubs around if you look hard (such as Princess Mononoke or FMA) but I don’t see many. What irks me is that the largest source of dubbed shows these days on TV is Funimation and I have never once heard anything that did not make my ears bleed from that channel.

I find dubs to be more of a niche market. Either the people who dont really know anything about subs and arent concerned with losing some of the small characteristics and details that don’t translate well, or the people who have a legitimate reason to watch dubs (like those who watch anime while doing other things, cant spend time reading) Not true for everyone, but seems to hold true for many.

I don’t care if people watch dubs, more power to ‘em, I just wont. They are normally poorly done but most importantly, I like to watch my shows as close to the original as possible.

subs vs. dubs- opinion.

and I would love to debate it, but we all know I wont remember to come back to this site any time soon.
Apr 13, 2011 9:26 PM

Feb 2009
Soryon said:
There are still some nice dubs around if you look hard (such as Princess Mononoke or FMA) but I don’t see many. What irks me is that the largest source of dubbed shows these days on TV is Funimation and I have never once heard anything that did not make my ears bleed from that channel.

I find dubs to be more of a niche market. Either the people who dont really know anything about subs and arent concerned with losing some of the small characteristics and details that don’t translate well, or the people who have a legitimate reason to watch dubs (like those who watch anime while doing other things, cant spend time reading) Not true for everyone, but seems to hold true for many.

I don’t care if people watch dubs, more power to ‘em, I just wont. They are normally poorly done but most importantly, I like to watch my shows as close to the original as possible.

Oh gosh, this makes me laugh.

The fact that you haven't heard anything from FUNimation that doesn't make your ears bleed, yet you list that Fullmetal Alchemist is one of the decent dubs out there. Hmmmmmm....

I also find it funny that people mention that they will watch subs to read what is being said in Japanese, then turn around and complain that things in dubs do not translate well. It's the same freaking thing. Just because it is written does not mean that it is translated any differently.

Some series, like Baccano! or Big Windup! which are both excellent examples, are just better dubbed.

And why does the original matter? Sometimes, things can be improved. I don't mind when people say they prefer it and think it's better (Most of the time I don't see it, but whatever) then fine, but the whole "original" debate bugs me because that's like saying that there can never be another version of something. That's like saying you won't watch Kanon 2006 because the first series was the original, or better yet, they won't watch any of them because they played the Visual Novel. It's just silly.
Apr 13, 2011 9:37 PM

Jun 2009
Hias said:

YOU DUN UNDERSTAND JAPAN IS PERFECT, THE JAPANESE LANGUAGE IS PERFECT, MAH ANIMU IS PERFECT, ALL OTHER COUNTRIES AND LANGUAGES SUCK.
All hail Nipon!
Apr 13, 2011 9:44 PM

Jul 2008
This whole debate is dumb. its like saying whats better hamburgers or tacos, at a taco restaurant's fourm. Hey you guys out of the people who like anime who basically love japan because you like anime do you like something that is closer to japan? Obviously more people are going to say the thing that is closer to japan.

Don't beleive me? go open a thread on what language is better, Japanese or english on this website then open the same thread on a website that has nothing to do with japan.

The claim that all sub is better than dub is wrong you can't say that at all its impossible. You are just like those fags who say all anime suck or all anime is good obviously both of those groups are stupid shits.

Another thing is alot of people are delusional they think they are the expert they know what a little japanese boy sounds like even tho they never or have rarely heard a real one speak. english on the other hand they really do know what they sound like so when they hear a bad one they say oh that voice sucks.

On the other side of the coin you have why dubs do suck, lets take higurashi, higurashi in japan had like this uber japanese cast while the english side had a bunch of nobody's, obviously since english had nobodies in it, it wasn't as good. Anime isn't as big here in america so people aren't gonna hire Tom hanks or whoever you like. On the other hand japan's super stars aren't equal to the ones here, based on popularity, which isn't always acuruate but a rough scale.

So usually what happens is the ones that are popular here like baccano and still poplar in japan but not uber popular get the dubs that beat the orignal, not to mention they had the "home field advantage."

Take those actors from the movie godzilla, do you really think their acting skill is on par with a american acting of equal popularity?

really it can only be debated from anime to anime. pick one and talk about that real technical stuff that you probably don't know about lol. Its kinda like starting a thread called why do police men like donuts? The correct name should be if your a police man why do you like donuts.

Now all I need to do is save this post and post it when I need it lol.
Apr 14, 2011 8:42 AM

Jun 2009
Mow123 said:

Bravo sir! Very good post indeed. Shame that it'll soon be swamped by random "SUBS FUR TEH WINZ" people who don't bother reading anything aside from the OP.
Apr 14, 2011 10:26 AM

Apr 2011
I used to be totally against dubs, but since getting netflix I've gotten used to them, you can stream a lot of anime a lot easier than going and finding the series for download via torrents, then waiting and having all the room on my laptop taken up, all for a show that may or may not be worth it in the first place. Of course if it's a really good show then I'll go download the subs, so guess the dubs are best for trying out new anime, as long as it's on netflix instant....but if I'm downloading it, I will always choose subs.
Apr 14, 2011 11:22 AM

Apr 2011
subbed original audio rocks.....but if its dubbed with brad swaile than count me in :P
Apr 14, 2011 6:44 PM

Jun 2009
angelxanime said:
i hate dubbed

Xyronos said:
Subs, always.

oh look! more baseless opinions that explain fuck all!
"everyone knows that the last toes are always the coldest to go."

Telavators-the mars volta
Apr 14, 2011 6:59 PM

Aug 2007
Lordcrab86 said:
angelxanime said:
i hate dubbed

Xyronos said:
Subs, always.

You just don't understand, baka. THEY CHANGE THE ANIME, IT TRANSLATE INTO A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SHOW AND THEY CHANGE ALL THE CHARACTER NAMES, DON'T YOU GET IT?!

Apr 14, 2011 7:51 PM

Jun 2009
Hias said:
Lordcrab86 said:
angelxanime said:
i hate dubbed

Xyronos said:
Subs, always.

You just don't understand, baka. THEY CHANGE THE ANIME, IT TRANSLATE INTO A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SHOW AND THEY CHANGE ALL THE CHARACTER NAMES, DON'T YOU GET IT?!

I think you forgot the desu
Apr 14, 2011 8:02 PM
Apr 2011
Subs:

+ :

. If you like to pirate (like 90% of people on MAL) your anime and follow the last airing episode, then sub is better in that case
. Some of your favorite (pirated) shows never got a dub, so sub is better in that case
. Subs are a lot easier to (pirate) find on the internet
. They are good advertising (pirated)
. Sometimes the voice acting is good

- :

. You don't watch, you read.
. sub sometimes sucks/inaccurate/not synchronized or exaggerate like adding insult and such (pirated Subs)
. Reading may cause headache
. Sometimes the voice acting sucks or are really annoying

Dubs:

+ :

. They are obviously superior to kids who dislike or don't know how to read
. You actually watch the show
. Some editing actually make the show better
. Some people actually don't care about Japan and just want to watch their damn favorite cartoon
. Sometimes the voice acting is good

- :

. Not all shows are dubbed
. You can't watch your favorite on-going series in Dub unless you want to re-watch from the beginning of course
. Some editing ruin the show
. Sometimes the voice acting sucks
Apr 14, 2011 8:10 PM

Mar 2007
Yes, and the lot of you sure are explaining your opinions in well articulated manner and with plenty of base on it. You are not really giving much to the thread with these posts of yours either. Really if you think the topic is stupid and pointless, nothing forces you to look at it or post in it. If there anything that looks dumber than posting pointless one liners that do nothing but state an opinion, it's making stupid oneliners to bash them. If you are as shining individuals as you seem to consider yourself to be, I'm sure the irony of the situation is not escaping you.
In the end, it's a thread about opinions, someone stating their opinion, no matter how mundane it is, is still within the original intent of the thread, albeit not exactly in the best form. If people don't care about those opinion they can rather easily be ignored and hardly warrant a bandwagon of "omg your post so stupid" posts.
Apr 14, 2011 9:27 PM

Jul 2008
but some opinions can be wrong like the sun is dim.
Mow123Apr 14, 2011 10:50 PM
Apr 14, 2011 10:09 PM

Jun 2008
I'm pretty sure Sitha was talking to Hias, Lordcrab86, and Jrittmayer. And I agree on that front. There's no reason to respond to every person who says they hate dubs. People don't have to like them, after all, and saying they hate them is not even putting them down. Plus, if you respond to every post like that, you'll go insane before too long.
Apr 14, 2011 10:38 PM
Mar 2011
but alot of Dubs to Chage names and Context of Dialogue and Even the wholw name pf the Anime Macross or Gachaman for example

also Look at the Edits Pocket Monsters Had Name Changes pf attack and Character Names Music Charges also Scene edits and even full Epiosdes were not Dubbed

Same With Digimon

DBZ Dropped the Son from Goku Name the Show how little Funimation Knows about were he Core of Dragon ball is based Seiyuki[ Journey to the West ] Son Goku = Monkey King or Sun Wukong in Mandarin Chinese

Leern your Source Material you Idiots

also any thing to do with Seiyuki Should never have been Dubbed cause there is no context to Spot filler for People not Familiari with the Novel
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 14, 2011 10:45 PM

Jun 2009
Sitha said:
Yes, and the lot of you sure are explaining your opinions in well articulated manner and with plenty of base on it. You are not really giving much to the thread with these posts of yours either. Really if you think the topic is stupid and pointless, nothing forces you to look at it or post in it. If there anything that looks dumber than posting pointless one liners that do nothing but state an opinion, it's making stupid oneliners to bash them. If you are as shining individuals as you seem to consider yourself to be, I'm sure the irony of the situation is not escaping you.
In the end, it's a thread about opinions, someone stating their opinion, no matter how mundane it is, is still within the original intent of the thread, albeit not exactly in the best form. If people don't care about those opinion they can rather easily be ignored and hardly warrant a bandwagon of "omg your post so stupid" posts.

shining individuals? really? where did that come from? last time i checked, i was just some guy making replies to posts i find wrong. can't say i'm always right on anything.

opinions can also be wrong as well, just as much as opinions can be subjective as well. i can basically say "i disagree with your opinion and here's why..."; no matter what you say in life, someone else is gonna make a claim regarding your one comment. also, when someone says something along the lines of:

"ALL DUBZ SUKC!! SUBZ FTW!! LOLOL XD"

of course there's gonna be a reply from someone telling him/her they're wrong and what not. sure some people tend to come off as harsh regarding this (myself including), but for me i tend to be calm about it because i don't wanna come off as a bully.

yes i can ignore any of these posts and i do, let alone post anything in this thread because i know that i have more important stuff to do that scan this thread costantly for posts that bug me.

i may have problems with dub haters, but still i don't constantly attack them for attacking something i like, because that doesn't make me any better in the end.
"everyone knows that the last toes are always the coldest to go."

Telavators-the mars volta
Apr 14, 2011 11:03 PM

Oct 2010
I picked "Mostly dubbed, some subbed."
It usually depends on what I see first though. I can't switch back and fourth.
Like...if I see Subbed first...it's hard to adjust to Dubbed...and vice versa.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (63) « First ... « 59 60 [61] 62 63 »

More topics from this board

» Can people who pirate anime be considered anime fans? What do you think? ( 1 2 )

RainyEvenings - Sep 10

74 by DesuMaiden »»
2 minutes ago

» Adventure/Action Shounen with the Best and Worst ROMANCE (just the ones that even tried)

Rob7 - 59 minutes ago

5 by eblf2013 »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime with best sound tracks!?

l_Photon_l - 9 hours ago

18 by Cielord »»
7 minutes ago

» Best tearjerking anime in the 2020's (there are any?) ( 1 2 )

Rob7 - Jul 9

54 by Shipfan66 »»
7 minutes ago

» What seasonal anime had disappointed you over time this season?

Zakatsuki_ - 3 hours ago

35 by Coaghim »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.