Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Oct 1, 2020 11:53 PM
Jul 2017
Again obviously this is just a hypothesis that is common, but I truly believe Satella is Emilia from an alternate timeline. We know witches are 4th dimensional beings for lack of better term. Why can't we say the same for Roswall? Notice how similar his eyes are to Subaru's? He mentioned "given these eyes 400 years ago". His eyes are mismatched... Hmmmmm
Great episode. Need more.
Oct 2, 2020 1:41 AM
Oct 2020
Bruh why would they not just do 25/26 eps instead of doing a dumb split
Oct 2, 2020 1:47 AM

Jan 2018
Way too much useless talk in this episode. The talk with the witches made no sense; why does he not love himself if he uses RBD? Most of the time he doesn't kill himself but is killed by others. And is he just supposed to let people die then? Also Subaru's ''realization'' that there might be something other than his RBD to make Emilia and others like him is nonsense, because he can't even tell them about RBD in the first place.

All scenes with Otto were just cheesy. And we still don't have a conclusion to the Sanctuary stuff, which is a shame because we don't get to see Rem and barely get to see Emilia.
Oct 2, 2020 2:18 AM

Nov 2011
Mostly confused by this season, just didn't get anything about the Trials, the being stuck in the forest and the condition, yada yada. It was only after Echidna showed up that things started making a bit of sense, the whole trials part felt unnecessary to me. 7.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 2, 2020 2:28 AM

May 2020
Zee530 said:
Mostly confused by this season, just didn't get anything about the Trials, the being stuck in the forest and the condition, yada yada. It was only after Echidna showed up that things started making a bit of sense, the whole trials part felt unnecessary to me. 7.

How is it unnecessary exactly?
Oct 2, 2020 2:42 AM
May 2017
BlackEclair said:

it was originally planned to air in spring through the summer as one continuous season, but COVID-19 put a stopper for for those plans an pushed back the airing of the first cour til summer
Oct 2, 2020 3:04 AM

Oct 2018
GOOOO OTTOOOOO LMFAO I didn't expect that
Oct 2, 2020 3:17 AM

Jul 2014
vangoz said:
Satella actually being this kind brings up a question. In previous loop where she swallowed up the sanctuary and Subaru suicided, was it her or Emilia who cried at the end?

Also this time Satella managed to appear in the witch world without physically appearing at the sanctuary, while it happened the other way previously. Why?
Well, for some reason anime skipped this. They might add it later, tho.

Oct 2, 2020 4:00 AM

Sep 2020
BlackEclair said:

its not meant to be split, even the author of the LN said it in his recent twitter
the reason is covid pandemic (obviously). i've read somewhere japan people not used to work at home like some other part of the world. and i dont think you can do animation properly with personal tools at home.
thats why they cant meet the deadline to finish 25 episode and split it instead
Oct 2, 2020 4:17 AM
Jul 2016
I love Re:Zero Episode 13, It's incredible story, how Otto Punches Subaru Epic bruh!
Oct 2, 2020 4:40 AM
Oct 2020
I was just asking , why the score slowly decreasing??? Usually the score increased everytime new episode air . It is because the cut content of this episode or something else?? I just want to know
Oct 2, 2020 5:11 AM
Sep 2020
DannyTheDonkey said:
It was decent a final episode not gonna lie. The first half was kinda boring but I like the conversation between Roswall and Subaru and the scene with Otto at the end. But overall I found the anime is as terrible as the first season.
After all, it isn’t really the type of show that appeals to me. Likewise, Subaru isn’t the kind of protagonist that I like to root for so it failed to wow me.

I'll still watch part 2 as long as my motivation on anime is still on and I did take a sneak peek at the LN. I guess next season there will be more Emilia which is kinda nice, so let's wait till next year.
how come you don't root for Subaru?

He's gone through a lot
Oct 2, 2020 6:06 AM

Jan 2019
attar36 said:
I was just asking , why the score slowly decreasing??? Usually the score increased everytime new episode air . It is because the cut content of this episode or something else?? I just want to know

Well giving the fact that the score was 8.73 the only rate that will make it rise is 10...9 will just very slowly increase and 8 will just simply stagnate or even decrease...even 8.68 is a very high score. But don't worry its normal for this things to happen
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Oct 2, 2020 6:52 AM
Jan 2020
# 38, Emilia and Satella
Oct 2, 2020 7:36 AM

Sep 2020
another annoying episode becuse of mc subaro
just end and go and never come back bro
Oct 2, 2020 7:38 AM

Aug 2011
Minerva is my waifu.
That is all.
Oct 2, 2020 7:40 AM
Nov 2019
nobody is talking about emilia being satella
Oct 2, 2020 8:58 AM

Apr 2013
Just one ep where MC doesn't cry like a little baby would be nice.
Oct 2, 2020 9:48 AM

Aug 2019
Best anime of the year for me hand down.
I was mad that subaru didn't ask satella who she is, why she loves him, why she's saying he saved her or any important questions. Didn't expect her to want him to kill her tho. Roswall is a motherfucker. He wants Subaru to go back to his old self and go back on the decision he made just moments earlier. And now we're back to the begining, but now Subaru has the knowledge, but he lost his qualification. I'm gonna miss watching re zero every wednesday. 3 months is a lot, and I didn't really think that that was a good way to end the 1st core. It was really funny tho, otto punched my boy straight in his face. That was unexpected, all right.
Overall a 10/10 for me. Loved the op/ed. We had epic moments, sad moments and everything in between.
Oct 2, 2020 11:47 AM

Oct 2010
Satella is Emilia from another timeline where she went crazy for Subaru. Totally pulling a Fate Stay Night Shirou/Archer move here.
Oct 2, 2020 12:22 PM
Oct 2007
As much as I'm enjoying this season, I'm not feeling it as much as season 1 to be honest. Definitely can't wait for the next one since the LN readers are hyping it up!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2020 1:14 PM

Feb 2008
Whelp, Roswaal went full Dio on Subaru. Nothing less from one of Echidna's admirers.
Oct 2, 2020 2:03 PM

Sep 2020
I'm looking forward for the LN's right now.
Already read 12 volumes.
Oct 2, 2020 4:55 PM
Aug 2018
So excited for the new season
Oct 3, 2020 1:02 AM

Oct 2008
seems like an endless despair for our Subaru huh...
Jan 2021 is the next! brace for more relentless and unforgiving despair!
5/5.
9/10.

Oct 3, 2020 3:12 AM
Jun 2007
Woah getting exciting. Cant wait to complete this chapter
Oct 3, 2020 5:09 AM

Jun 2013
So in conclusion: Roswaal's a d**k. I know he has his own reasons but gawd after knowing that he's the mastermind behind Subaru's constant suffering (to some degree) I honestly don't like his character anymore.
Oct 3, 2020 7:02 AM

Feb 2014
Give Otto the MVP tag already! His punch to Subaru was unexpected, but it was the right thing to do to him, though. =)

This was another tense and powerful episode, with seeing how much the witches care for Subaru and how he was able to get to his answer was great. Despite that, Roswaal wasn't impressed with Subaru's lack of resolve, so dropping the bombshell that he was Roswaal himself who ordered the assassins to attack the mansion must've hurt Subaru like a truck. Whether Subaru will go down the path that Roswaal wants him to to or not remains unclear, but that's another thing to look forward to the second cour and see how this will be answered.

Sadly, we'll be waiting until January 2021, but I'm sure that the production team will keep up their stellar job so far. 9.5/10 for this first cour. =D
Oct 3, 2020 9:28 AM

Oct 2013
Roswaal got a point, he wants Subaru to have a strong resolve but his way of doing it is a bit extreme forcing Subaru to choose one of them and as greedy as he is wanting to save both Emilia and Rem but that is to be expected from a main character.

And that was a good wake up punch from my main man Otto, he's the MVP of the whole season.

Overall score 8/10
Oct 3, 2020 11:49 AM
May 2018
what is the significance of Subaru sarpening his Resolve and what does he mean when he say "I wont become like you" to Roswall
Oct 3, 2020 12:01 PM

Dec 2016
When does Subaru's bad ass evil version from an alternate timeline finally appear?

His conclusions are as simplistic as Skynet failing to understanding it can never change its eventual defeat. Just as Sarah Conner can not stop Judgement Day. Despite the same conclusion over and over. Insanity.
The Skynet that invented sexbots is venerated as a God.
SoverignOct 3, 2020 12:14 PM
Oct 3, 2020 12:12 PM
Oct 2020
JASHINRYUU said:
what is the significance of Subaru sarpening his Resolve and what does he mean when he say "I wont become like you" to Roswall

He doesn't want to become like Roswaal, whose goals justifies the means, he basically wants him to solely focus on Emilia and throw anything else, cause his goal is to make Emilia the ruler and maybe something we don't know yet.
Oct 3, 2020 12:39 PM
May 2018
Kaernk said:
JASHINRYUU said:

He doesn't want to become like Roswaal, whose goals justifies the means, he basically wants him to solely focus on Emilia and throw anything else, cause his goal is to make Emilia the ruler and maybe something we don't know yet.
thaanx maan. you just made my sleep peaceful
Oct 3, 2020 6:22 PM

May 2014
The revelation about Roswaal wasn't very surprising, considering how dodgy he has been portrayed as for a while. Actually, I wonder why Subaru was so surprised. It was very likely that guy was up to no good. Still one of the best parts though.

The first half of the episode felt really slow. It was unnecessarily long for what it accomplished.

Why does Subaru think the witches are monsters beyond his comprehension? They aren't even that evil, and their motives are very easily comprehensible. If anything, their motives seem too simple, at least based on what he knows.

Echidna also bluntly claimed to be fond of Subaru as a girl. That's another one to add on the list. Subaru's relationship with Emilia is already underdeveloped. Constantly adding tease with so many other girls doesn't exactly help the writing. I agree that Re:Zero is not an all-out harem series or anything, but the author is still often teasing with harem-like dialogue.

And, again, if Satella really is Emilia in one way or another, it is way too obvious. That said, I am not sure what kind of revelation would even work at this point because Emilia and Satella not having any connection would also be an anticlimax, and not a good one. I sure hope the novel does something meaningful with this story thread.

This season was much better than the first because the pacing was faster, the main plot actually nudged forward a bit more substantially, and the antagonists were better on average. I still feel that the plot should have moved even faster though. And because of the over-the-top exaggerated reactions of the characters, I still sometimes have trouble taking the dramatic scenes seriously. And Subaru still feels too much of a standard hero who is hell-bent on saving absolutely everyone, even people who have literally killed him.

Tl;dr: Still has many of the same problems as S1, just less pronounced.

My least favorite episodes were the first and Subaru on "Earth." The first one felt awkward, with generic villains showing up just to smack Rem into a coma. Meanwhile, Subaru's problems were not big enough or interesting enough to warrant a slow-paced episode on "Earth" to hammer them in.
TheDeedsOfMenOct 3, 2020 7:17 PM
Oct 3, 2020 7:08 PM

Apr 2017
AlMiraj said:
another annoying episode becuse of mc subaro
just end and go and never come back bro

You're not really alone. I started feeling that way once the charm of Return By Death wore off and I realized this guy never improves himself in any way, ability wise or maturation.
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Oct 3, 2020 8:32 PM
Jul 2018
I don't know what Subaru would do without Otto, what a comrade.
Oct 4, 2020 1:49 AM
Mar 2020
What the hell is this episode? I love it but I hate it in the same time. But this is a decent for ending for the first cour. I'm curious what I can get in the second cour although I'm not the light novel reader.
Oct 4, 2020 6:00 AM

Nov 2016
Lol they shouldn't split it into 2 seasons because this one was mostly only about trashtalkings with no progress in story at all and boring as hell... (the only bright on this season to compare with 1st season was that annoying comedy disappeared). Always when he had plan and story might progress it was ruined and another 2 episodes of trashtalkings or screaming from despair happened... At start it was much better than 1st season but last 6-7 episodes were boring as hell... anyway with all of that deaths he should learn finally to fight with body or sword or whatever because he can do nothing just thinking how others can do what he can't and dying until he find out who is best to use...
hiraishinxOct 4, 2020 6:05 AM
Oct 4, 2020 7:35 AM
Jul 2020
Just completed it. I must say that I have fallen for Re:Zero all over again. Can't wait for the next part.
Oct 4, 2020 8:27 AM

Mar 2020
i never thought it would end like this , what a show man really it hasnt let me down any of the 2 seasons , as an anime only guys at least for re zero i got a theory about Emilia and Satella that just came into mind this episode , amazing to see all the stuff that happened with the Witches , making the real steps now , Satella and Subaru best duo , also Roswall is still hiding more stuff ??? and lastly it ends in a perfect way , thank you Otto
see you lads in January
Oct 4, 2020 8:28 AM

Aug 2016
I feel kinda pissed, sad and cornered. Don't take me wrong, I can't wait for another part of season. But we, as Subaru, I feel like we didn't get any breathing room this season whatsoever, it's just heavier and heavier each episode. I need to see some kind of success from Subaru now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2020 8:33 AM

Jan 2019
I have a question for LN readers :

There is a manga and light novels... what should you start with? Is there a difference, also is the LN (the series itself) finished or is it still publishing?
Oct 4, 2020 8:58 AM

Jan 2019
mrboko1234 said:
I have a question for LN readers :

There is a manga and light novels... what should you start with? Is there a difference, also is the LN (the series itself) finished or is it still publishing?

The series adapts the Light Novel. The light novel is globally at volume 13 right now (14 to be released on 20 october) and the volume count in japan is at 24 I think. Also is still ongoing (globally is like 25% of the story and in japan the author is at 50% of it). The story will be 11 arcs long (we are at the middle of the arc 4 right now and the author is finishing the arc 6 in the next volume I think). Btw you can find the volumes on Amazon or Book Depository if you plan on getting them. Good luck ^-^
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Oct 4, 2020 11:30 AM

Apr 2020
Well, the long run is over at last. 13 weeks of watching passed right since it began airing after all.

The last episode came with a dump of plottwists: Rosvaal being an insane creep(this one is less surprising though.) who was behind the mansion thing, Otto being a sus Subaru's angel-protector or something...

As for the season overall... It did answer some questions, such as the witches' identities, Betrice's backstory(or a glimpse of it at least). The first season focused a lot on Rem, Subaru and witch cult. This season told us about the witches themselves, Emilia and other minor chars. Yet, like the first one, it gave even more questions left unanswered.

I guess I liked he second season more, because of Echidna, Emilia and some actual story aspects(and not Subaru dying for 5 times in the mansion without having a clue why). I guess I'm gonna watch the upcoming season anyway since I've come this far, yet I doubt I'll be particularly looking forward to it.

Yet... well... I am grateful to Re:Zero Season 2 for those 3 months of diving into weeb stuff.
[right]=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=
Oct 4, 2020 12:23 PM

May 2011
Another great season of Rezero.
''I was dead serious''

Oct 4, 2020 6:37 PM
Feb 2014
PendragonX1 said:
The episode starts with Subaru breaking into a million pieces again as usual at this point.

My question is how did he actually kill himself here their nothing that he did before to prepare to do it and it suddenly happens. I am assuming he did something in the LN but here he literally falls to the ground dead and IDK why.

We got Roswall being Roswall and stating he cannot save both because he must choose.
Kind of wonder if that's true but most likely not he can prob save both just has to do a longer path.

The heavy foreshadowing is real. The question is does it really mean Emilia or just Satella.

Otto punching Subaru back into reality at the end was the icing on the cake for this episode and a good way to end this first half.

Overall I liked this first half I know we haven't advanced the actual story since like ep 1 but we continue to learn more about this world slowly and all the elements that are in it.
Maybe in the second half, we can get out of the Sanctuary...

Maybe I don't want to leave maybe I like it here

Mod Edit: Only one screenshot allowed.

Not sure if anyone answered you yet but he bit his tongue off. Which can kill you.
Dokia
Oct 5, 2020 12:10 PM

Jul 2019
I started watching this season with the expectation of it maybe being able to capture the magic of the 1st season. Instead season 2 went down a darker, grittier route and even outclassed the first season. The amount of character development - not just for Subaru - was tremendous and though many questions were answered, many others still remain to be solved and even more appeared.

Every bright moment this season had felt even better due to all the new challenges. But one sad fact remains, even though he has learned an aweful lot, SUbaru is still stuck at the same save point after 13 episodes.
Oct 5, 2020 2:21 PM
Jun 2019
Seygneur said:
I started watching this season with the expectation of it maybe being able to capture the magic of the 1st season. Instead season 2 went down a darker, grittier route and even outclassed the first season. The amount of character development - not just for Subaru - was tremendous and though many questions were answered, many others still remain to be solved and even more appeared.

Every bright moment this season had felt even better due to all the new challenges. But one sad fact remains, even though he has learned an aweful lot, SUbaru is still stuck at the same save point after 13 episodes.

That's Because there always a new obstacle, in Subaru's Path. He can' get a break, When he thinks he's in the clear, and this is the timeline, that will be perfect something shocking is reviled, that utterly discourages him. Which puts him back to Zero. Subaru is the most realistic, MC I've ever seen in anime Many people just don't get Subaru, which is a shame.
Oct 5, 2020 10:34 PM
Oct 2020
I really wish i could enjoy this season like most people did... but i can't. This season was a complete disappointment. Season 1 was very cool with a lot of good ideas to work with, and the pace was miles better. Nothing happened in this season. The plot was stuck for 13 episodes, with some twists that were kinda disappointing (witches are good now, Roswald is just another crazy dude). Subaru has the chance to ask Satella about everything... bites his tongue for some reason. He is healed, maybe know he wil... nope, let's talk about being loved ( i mean, the whole parents episode was basically the same thing... shouldn't he grow up a little by now?).
I will keep watching the next episodes, but with zero expectations.
Oct 6, 2020 7:09 PM

Sep 2014
I just can't stand Subaru's VA...
And that f***********g cliffhanger.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 19, 2020

298 by Cormac07 »»
Jun 29, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 29, 2020

673 by RealMario7 »»
May 25, 1:32 AM

» Emilia chest size increase

MuscularBlackMan - Jul 23, 2020

13 by RaptorDan »»
May 9, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 26, 2020

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.