Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (24) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Dec 26, 2014 1:52 PM

Sep 2014
okay i make it onto the website far too few times, ill join skype again just so i could keep my respective position as an Overlord here.
Credit goes to Eggroll for awesome the sig <3 ~~怖いですね。~~

Me>You=Life (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2014 5:51 PM

Aug 2013
We need to change the song of the week. Is Bluehood still alive or do we need to skip her?
Jan 9, 2015 10:14 AM

Dec 2012
Drew just went correct? So, that means it's Jays turn for sotw.

Also, cookies anyone
Jan 9, 2015 11:56 PM

Aug 2013
hes in portland and he doesn't have a computer so there's no way he can do it :
Jan 10, 2015 12:09 AM

Dec 2012
I talked to vic and he agreed to remove both JJ and Hood from the sotw list. When they return we'll put them back into the rotation
Jan 10, 2015 1:46 AM

Dec 2012
1. [IMPORTANT!] Decision on Skype
2. Start new GamesEvent Threads to bring in activite to the forums
3. GFXer's chosen to design Cards, Profile Pictures, Forum signatures for active enthusiactic members

Yes, I wrote it in coding style format.
General Thread Ideas:

Games:
{
FemaleMale Character Competition
Last Letter (Anime)
A scavanger hunt game
Character Talk[Each week, just like sotw, Officers pick a character for the thread and we talk about our opinions on them, share gifs/pictures, or any other cute things]
}

Threads I believe we should incorporate:
{
Suggestion Thead
Offical Gaming Thread [We list all Games(LoL, Steam, WoW, Osu!, etc) and where&how to get involved in that group.]
}
SpeakssJan 19, 2015 12:28 PM
Jan 16, 2015 10:23 AM

Apr 2014
Just a heads up, the 'we also have cookies' link on the layout is broken. (Assuming it is supposed to be one since it leads to imgur, but only to an error code is there).
No validation, no applause
You don't have prove you got it when you know it's yours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSSKDIcpdSE
Jan 16, 2015 10:29 AM

Dec 2012
you can see the layout? it's been broken for me for a while now.
Jan 16, 2015 10:33 AM

Apr 2014
I've heard it'll get fixed next week, but otherwise, have this link.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1341463

Jan 16, 2015 10:37 AM

Dec 2012
awe, shit. I can see everything now. :D

thankyou thank you
Jan 16, 2015 10:38 AM

Apr 2014
No probs, mate

Jan 16, 2015 10:39 AM

Apr 2014
Also mind giving me a heads up on what's happened since I've been gone? Not gonna lie, this place looks pretty dead to me. Might just slow though, can't really tell from just less than one day.

Jan 16, 2015 6:42 PM

Apr 2014
Also, me and Fel was thinking of doing a review together in the name of this club. Is this okay? I think it'd be a fun thing to do and I'd be up for doing more 'club reviews' if it works well.

Jan 16, 2015 10:55 PM

Dec 2012
Mostly it's the same 6-7 people talking. Most people in this guild joined for the skype chat, that we now disabled for the time being, and never looked at the page again.
Jan 16, 2015 10:56 PM

Dec 2012
ftFate said:
Also, me and Fel was thinking of doing a review together in the name of this club. Is this okay? I think it'd be a fun thing to do and I'd be up for doing more 'club reviews' if it works well.

That sounds good to me. I'd be interested in see it
Jan 16, 2015 11:58 PM

Dec 2012
btw, do we have any idea of getting a new layout that isn't christmas themed? I'm perfectly fine just sticking with the regular NGNL theme we have
Jan 18, 2015 1:20 AM

Aug 2013
Speaks your turn for the song.
Jan 18, 2015 8:56 AM

Apr 2014
Welcome to the staff, Hibbi~

Jan 18, 2015 3:47 PM

Dec 2012
omedatto
Jan 18, 2015 7:09 PM

Aug 2013
ftFate said:

But does he know??
Jan 18, 2015 8:47 PM

Dec 2013
Thaiieee said:
ftFate said:

But does he know??

*peaks head through door*

Not really
Jan 18, 2015 8:49 PM

Apr 2014
Oh, alright. Someone should tell him.

Jan 18, 2015 10:27 PM

Aug 2013
Hibbington said:
Thaiieee said:

But does he know??

*peaks head through door*

Not really

Welcome to the crew!!!
Jan 19, 2015 12:28 PM

Dec 2012
Speakss said:
1. [IMPORTANT!] Decision on Skype
2. Start new GamesEvent Threads to bring in activite to the forums
3. GFXer's chosen to design Cards, Profile Pictures, Forum signatures for active enthusiactic members

Yes, I wrote it in coding style format.
General Thread Ideas:

Games:
{
FemaleMale Character Competition
Last Letter (Anime)
A scavanger hunt game
Character Talk[Each week, just like sotw, Officers pick a character for the thread and we talk about our opinions on them, share gifs/pictures, or any other cute things]
}

Threads I believe we should incorporate:
{
Suggestion Thead
Offical Gaming Thread [We list all Games(LoL, Steam, WoW, Osu!, etc) and where&how to get involved in that group.]
}

Based on ideas that I currently have I want to try and start doing a club wide scavanger hunt style game when we get around 1000 members. Why 1000? because it's a big game and need more than just mods playing it.

However, we could start hosting a Female or Male beauty competition. Starting off with of course the Event stage where everyone lists 3 competitors. Then once the event closes we start the competition.
Depending on how many people we have nominated it could be broken down like this:
16 nominees

2 groups (A,B)

2 people per selection, so it would visually be something like this

Then Winner of A and B compete

Then I'm going to introduce Character talk in the next few days. If everyone is alright with starting that up. You pick a character you like(preforable one from the season we're on or a very well known one) and the club talks about them, posts pictures, etc.
Jan 19, 2015 4:53 PM

Apr 2014
Go ahead.

Think we are too few members for a contest like that though.

And Scavenger hunt/GamesEvent, what do you mean?

Jan 21, 2015 12:38 AM

May 2013
ftFate said:

So, me and Fel are done with watching Boogiepop Phantom for now (but haven't started the review yet), and I was thinking on how we should post the review. We could either a) submit it on MAL on either of our accounts b) submit it on MAL from an account belonging to the guild c) Post it in a forum thread.

I think the last one is beneficial because a) there's no need for another Boogiepop review on MAL. b) I could add images to the review, which in my opinion adds to it c) If we'd make this a re-occurring feature, it'd be easy for new members to both know about it and access the review, which also would serve as some kind of official recommendation.

Now, I'm not sure this will go over well, but assuming it will (me and Fel scored it the same so I would assume our opinions on it are similar enough, but we haven't discussed much about it yet) I'd be up for doing it again in the future at least.

I can't post myself since I got the IP banned bug so letting thanna post this for me //Fate

PS Fel I finished it in time :3
Jan 21, 2015 1:04 AM

Apr 2014
Confirming that is from me. I wasn't aware that MAL would start working again for me this soon.

Jan 21, 2015 5:38 AM

Sep 2014
I'm all ears and hands when it comes to incorporating new ideas. However i cant be depended on too much if MAL continues to err.
Credit goes to Eggroll for awesome the sig <3 ~~怖いですね。~~

Me>You=Life (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Jan 24, 2015 1:24 AM

Apr 2014
Pyro, your SotW turn got skipped over because you have been absent for some time. Please notify us when you are back so you can get your turn.

thanna said:
ftFate said:

So, me and Fel are done with watching Boogiepop Phantom for now (but haven't started the review yet), and I was thinking on how we should post the review. We could either a) submit it on MAL on either of our accounts b) submit it on MAL from an account belonging to the guild c) Post it in a forum thread.

I think the last one is beneficial because a) there's no need for another Boogiepop review on MAL. b) I could add images to the review, which in my opinion adds to it c) If we'd make this a re-occurring feature, it'd be easy for new members to both know about it and access the review, which also would serve as some kind of official recommendation.

Now, I'm not sure this will go over well, but assuming it will (me and Fel scored it the same so I would assume our opinions on it are similar enough, but we haven't discussed much about it yet) I'd be up for doing it again in the future at least.

I can't post myself since I got the IP banned bug so letting thanna post this for me //Fate

PS Fel I finished it in time :3

speakss, I'd like to hear your opinion on this too. For now the plan is to publish under my account because that is what Fel wants and I'm fine either way. The review is kind of done, thanna is proofreading it atm

Jan 24, 2015 9:55 PM

Dec 2012
ftFate said:
Pyro, your SotW turn got skipped over because you have been absent for some time. Please notify us when you are back so you can get your turn.

thanna said:

speakss, I'd like to hear your opinion on this too. For now the plan is to publish under my account because that is what Fel wants and I'm fine either way. The review is kind of done, thanna is proofreading it atm

When you say "post it in a forum thread," what exactly do you mean? If making a thread to discuss the anime as a topic than that'd be interesting. You'd have to remember that not everyone's watched stuff that the thread maker has watched so the threads would die out quickly. Or, did you plan to make one single thread and make it a "Review Thread" so as to post all of them in? That idea is a solid idea, imo.

Get back to me, because I'm a bit confused on what you are trying to do.
Jan 24, 2015 10:27 PM

Apr 2014
Speakss said:

When you say "post it in a forum thread," what exactly do you mean? If making a thread to discuss the anime as a topic than that'd be interesting. You'd have to remember that not everyone's watched stuff that the thread maker has watched so the threads would die out quickly. Or, did you plan to make one single thread and make it a "Review Thread" so as to post all of them in? That idea is a solid idea, imo.

Get back to me, because I'm a bit confused on what you are trying to do.

I actually didn't think over it very much apart from the fact that posting it in the forums, But the 'review thread' idea sounds good to me. Both sound good to me, but the problems with the first topic would be a) Not everyone had seen the show so it would die, with the only 'counter-option' would be to have a sticky with hotlinks to all of those thread and keep them open for discussion even afterwards b) I had another point against it, but I forgot it tbh.

Jan 25, 2015 6:44 AM

Apr 2014
After some thinking (of completely different stuff, but thinking nonetheless) I have of comings up with the following idea.

One review thread where people can post there reviews, link to reviews or similar things. OP will be updated with all reviews and similar made by club members and they can as such be discussed within said topic. Said topic could get posted after me and Fel finishes our next review so that it would look less lonely.

Jan 25, 2015 7:26 AM

May 2013
Spam, spam, spam, spam to get MAL to display the new page

And while I'm not sure how lively the thread will be, it's a good idea nevertheless.
Jan 25, 2015 7:38 AM

Dec 2013
Well regardless of how active that thread will be, it's about building the right club culture base around actual anime content and thus help bring in the right people into our club that do discuss and review anime, not just leisuring around playing spam games.

On another note, to bring in the right people we need to have the right club description to attract such people. Our current club description needs work as it's in anime terms "cliche" XD
Jan 25, 2015 8:59 AM

Apr 2014
thanna said:
Spam, spam, spam, spam to get MAL to display the new page

?

Hibbington said:
Well regardless of how active that thread will be, it's about building the right club culture base around actual anime content and thus help bring in the right people into our club that do discuss and review anime, not just leisuring around playing spam games.

True. It could bring some discussion regarding the series in question, and any discussion could serve a purpose. I'd love something like this. Now it'd be nice if it was more than me and Fel (and thanna) writing reviews though for variety though. And spam games could be nice if they died out tbh imo. Some are good but the letter one's...

On another note, to bring in the right people we need to have the right club description to attract such people. Our current club description needs work as it's in anime terms "cliche" XD

Yeah, true.

Also, remove BH from the OP and Pyro from sotw until we hear from him? And highfeel's completely gone? If so, remove him too? Because it'd be nice if it was updated.

Jan 25, 2015 9:31 PM

Dec 2012
ftFate said:
Also, remove BH from the OP and Pyro from sotw until we hear from him? And highfeel's completely gone? If so, remove him too? Because it'd be nice if it was updated.

Highfeel is moving, I believe. He was on recently so I thought we'd keep him as admin because he is still there, sort of.

Hibbington said:

Would you have any suggestions?
Jan 25, 2015 9:39 PM

Apr 2014
Speakss said:
ftFate said:

Highfeel is moving, I believe. He was on recently so I thought we'd keep him as admin because he is still there, sort of.

Wasn't it DJ who was moving? But alright, good to know.

Jan 25, 2015 9:47 PM

Aug 2014
ftFate said:
After some thinking (of completely different stuff, but thinking nonetheless) I have of comings up with the following idea.

One review thread where people can post there reviews, link to reviews or similar things. OP will be updated with all reviews and similar made by club members and they can as such be discussed within said topic. Said topic could get posted after me and Fel finishes our next review so that it would look less lonely.

Ill start doing reviews and recs soon, so I second this^
Trust me, im Shap

Jan 25, 2015 9:49 PM

Apr 2014
shap111 said:
ftFate said:

Ill start doing reviews and recs soon, so I second this^

Sweet, glad to hear that.

Jan 25, 2015 10:20 PM

Dec 2013
Speakss said:
Hibbington said:

Would you have any suggestions?

Well first of all we need to be all on the same page on where we want to take this club before I can make any true suggestions for the club descriptions. If were going in the direction of providing more actual anime content then we should highlight in our description about discussion reviews and what is currently airing. Really get into the specifics of what we are here for and not just leave anything up for aloof. I would personally like to eliminate "games' from our description if were trying to differentiate ourselves from places like Namine Cafe. Internally we can still have games of course, but let's not make it one of our major purposes.

BUT we need to do it in a way that doesn't make us look too serious that were not any fun =p. So it's not the easiest thing but once were all on the same page than we can move on from there. So I know you've guys been discussing ideas for this club, we need to discuss what everyone's major role is in the club.
I'm just the new guy =), who is in charge of the Seasonal Discussion Thread. What are you, or what do you want to be?
HibbingtonJan 25, 2015 11:01 PM
Jan 26, 2015 10:03 PM

Apr 2014
For the review thread:

a) Should we allow anyone's reviews to be added to the OP? I want to keep it more of a 'guild members' thing so we don't have people joining and posting their reviews there just to get them seen more, if that makes sense. Aka, I don't want people join the club, post 20 reviews they've written there, leave, and never show up again.

Another thing to be could to have a 'quality' control for posts that gets added to the OP. If anyone wants to be that person they are the one's deciding if a review is long/quality enough to be added to the OP. That way we could also encourage people to post their opinions of the show they last saw encouraging discussions without having to write a big review.

Also, sorting options for the list. By show (alphabetical), by score or by person reviewing it?

Jan 26, 2015 11:32 PM

Dec 2013
So I just got a random thought about a thread that might be fun, simple, and makes you think a bit.

It's called What or Who is your favorite (Blank)? *Try to come up with a better name please*

*Has to be Anime Related* Example: What is your favorite Sword? Who is your favorite Tsundere? Who has the best facial expressions?

Now I want a little more meat on the bone than just a name answer so I would want to incorporate giving three reasons why. Another rule I would put into the thread would be is let's be honest here, we all have favorite"s" and I don't want people to repeat their answers or feel unable to post again because the same questions keep coming up, so when you answer a question that you've done before you implement a 2 or 3 or 4 in front of your answer.

So yeah just a random thought I got while sitting on the toilet -.^, any thoughts?
Jan 26, 2015 11:35 PM

Dec 2012
realitively good idea. I think if we finalize it a bit it'll be more enjoyable. I don't know how we could in particular but maybe someone else does. Good idea, hibby bibby

However, I thought you wanted to guild to try and move away from games? Curious to know your take on what this woudl be classified under.
SpeakssJan 26, 2015 11:43 PM
Jan 26, 2015 11:40 PM

Apr 2014
Um, let me see if I got this.

Person A posts question, person B answers question and makes new question for person C, person C answers question by person B and makes question for person D etc etc etc

Jan 26, 2015 11:52 PM

Dec 2013
ftFate said:
Um, let me see if I got this.

Person A posts question, person B answers question and makes new question for person C, person C answers question by person B and makes question for person D etc etc etc

Essentially Yes
Is it the most original thing in the world no, is it a thread that can be posted on several times a day, yes. But by putting a little more meat to the bone we put a little more of well... what Emeril Lagasse would say.. to a simple thread.
Jan 27, 2015 12:01 AM

Apr 2014
Alright. Yeah, shoot, it's a good idea.

Jan 28, 2015 10:35 PM

Apr 2014

What do we do here?

Write a review for a show you have watched! Or just write your opinion on the last anime you saw!

Discuss what other people said about various shows! If you don't agree with something anyone said, post it! Just remember to not be an asshole about it.

If a review of yours is good enough, it has the chance to get added to the list of featured reviews!

List of featured reviews made by club members

[b]Boogiepop Phantom - 7 (ftFate & Fellener)[/b]
MikochondriaJan 29, 2015 12:12 AM

Jan 28, 2015 10:47 PM

Dec 2012
Spring cleaning announcement.

[center]Anime Guild Spring Cleaning Time!!
We are currently under going spring cleaning and we will update the page with a new layout in the next few weeks. During this time we will also be update the forums with new threads, removing old threads, and we recently brought our SKYPE BACKORU!! Please be patient while we under go this change. Lastly, we are currently recruiting new officers for our art department. Anyone interested sign up in our Staff Application Thread.

Jan 28, 2015 11:43 PM

May 2013
Speakss said:
Spring cleaning announcement.

[center]Anime Guild Spring Cleaning Time!!
We are currently undergoing spring cleaning and we will update the page with a new layout in the next few weeks. During this time we will also be updating the forums with new threads, removing old threads, and we recently brought our SKYPE BACKORU!! Please be patient while we undergo this change. Lastly, we are currently recruiting new officers for our art department. Anyone interested sign up in our Staff Application Thread.

Jan 29, 2015 12:37 PM

Dec 2013
So I don't want this as something really "official" but have you guys ever considered group watching. I use to do a lot of group watching in one of my old clubs, royal medley. We were really able to bond better with the members of the skype chat when were in voice chat watching the shows together and then discussing it after.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (24) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » [Voting OPEN] All-Time Events - Theme Selection

Jokobo - 6 hours ago

12 by 54bubbles »»
1 hour ago

Sticky: » 【Anime Guild】 Ending of the Season - Day 15 (Spring 2024)

Penguinman37 - Yesterday

10 by Ranniwaifuending »»
3 hours ago

Sticky: » 【Anime Guild】 Ending of the Season - Day 14 (Spring 2024)

Penguinman37 - Jun 4

14 by SGKunoe »»
9 hours ago

Sticky: » 【Anime Guild】 Ending of the Season - Day 13 (Spring 2024)

Penguinman37 - Jun 3

17 by KANLen09 »»
9 hours ago

» 【Anime Guild】 Ending of the Season - Day 12 (Spring 2024)

Penguinman37 - Jun 2

20 by Penguinman37 »»
Yesterday, 10:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.