New
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Aug 15, 2012 7:33 PM

Sep 2010
maladox said:
Beef_Whistle said:
nate fucking river

My Real Name Is River T.T ...
Tbh I Dis-Like Most Of The Japanese Names I've Heard.

Being an anime fan and hating most Japanese names, that makes so much sense.

Aug 15, 2012 7:45 PM

May 2012
TravSavage said:
Jacuzzi Splot is a pretty awful name.

That.
Aug 15, 2012 8:46 PM

Jan 2012
Might Guy.
Aug 15, 2012 8:51 PM

Jun 2011
Ueda
Inoue
FastnessofWheelsAug 15, 2012 8:55 PM
Aug 15, 2012 11:54 PM

Apr 2010
Aug 16, 2012 12:03 AM

Sep 2010
Marvet (or in the fansubs I'm watching Marbet) Fingerhat

lol Fingerhat. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Aug 16, 2012 12:17 AM

Aug 2008
Revive Revival

Aug 16, 2012 12:17 AM

May 2010
Naruto, L, Sasgay
Aug 16, 2012 12:21 AM

Sep 2010
Kazeshini said:
Naruto, L, Sasgay

What's wrong with Naruto, an entire city has the name and I doubt they would call it the worst name ever.

L is a codename.

The last isn't even the character's name and even then the name is borrowed from Sarutobi Sasuke. A kind of famous historical figure.

How about coming up with some bad names instead of randomly picking names from shows you just didn't like?

Aug 16, 2012 12:29 AM

Jul 2011
Anime_Name said:

What's wrong with Naruto, an entire city has the name and I doubt they would call it the worst name ever.

L is a codename.

The last isn't even the character's name and even then the name is borrowed from Sarutobi Sasuke. A kind of famous historical figure.

How about coming up with some bad names instead of randomly picking names from shows you just didn't like?

Aug 16, 2012 12:34 AM

Sep 2010
Harii said:
Anime_Name said:

L is a codename.

I figured that /spoiler was the name as whole and not a surname/given name combo.

Aug 16, 2012 12:34 AM

Jul 2011
Foggle said:
Most of the name choices in Umineko are borderline retarded.

Most of the names in Umineko are common western names, so I don't see how you can find them retarded

Eg. Jessica, George, Maria, Rosa, Beatrice

Anime_Name said:

I figured that /spoiler was the name as whole and not a surname/given name combo.

I assume it's his surname and given name since in the same volume it was revealed they also revealed Near's and Mello's real names
HariiAug 16, 2012 12:39 AM
Aug 16, 2012 12:35 AM

May 2010
Anime_Name said:
Kazeshini said:
Naruto, L, Sasgay

L is a codename.

If i someone is wearing clothing I dislike, I instantly dislike that person. If someone listens to music I dislike, I instantly dislike that person. Same goes for names
Aug 16, 2012 12:38 AM

Sep 2010
Kazeshini said:
Anime_Name said:
Kazeshini said:
Naruto, L, Sasgay

L is a codename.

If i someone is wearing clothing I dislike, I instantly dislike that person. If someone listens to music I dislike, I instantly dislike that person. Same goes for names

Ah, if only this was the "Names I dislike" or "Poisoning the well" thread, then your ramblings about a character ruining a name would make sense.

I assume it's his surname and given name since in the same volume it was revealed they also revealed Near's and Mello's real names

Near and Mello aside, L's name itself looked rather unique and had a one name(A Pimp Named Slickback) feel to it.
Anime_NameAug 16, 2012 12:43 AM

Aug 16, 2012 12:54 AM

Dec 2011
Light
Doesn't get deeper and more creative than that. They could have at least kept it as Raito for the dub.
Aug 16, 2012 12:55 AM

Sep 2010
Skelington said:
Light
Doesn't get deeper and more creative than that.

Actually it does when you learn kanji.

They could have at least kept it as Raito for the dub.

One of the good things I can say about dubs is that they are professionals and not openly racist pricks that would say "Raito" in a recorded performance.
月= Light.
Anime_NameAug 16, 2012 1:00 AM

Aug 16, 2012 1:04 AM

Dec 2011
Anime_Name said:
Skelington said:
Light
Doesn't get deeper and more creative than that.

Actually it does when you learn kanji.

Okay.
No more than awful internet fanfic/story writers that name their characters things like "Hate" with no surname or "Sorrow Bloodtears" to show how deep as fuck their character is because with a name like "Pain" you just know that edgy character has been through a lot.

Anime_Name said:

One of the good things I can say about dubs is that they are professionals and not openly racist pricks that would say "Raito" in a recorded performance.
月= Light.

So keeping the character's original name is racism? They sure as hell didn't have a problem with keeping Yagami.
Aug 16, 2012 1:17 AM

Sep 2010
So keeping the character's original name is racism? They sure as hell didn't have a problem with keeping Yagami.

月 is his original name. That is Light. "Raito" is just the Japanese phonetic pronunciation of that word. Pretending to speak with a Japanese accent just for that name is racist.

Aug 16, 2012 1:22 AM

Jun 2012
The name pico is a cursed name that can't be used ever.
No matter where you go, everyone's connected.
Aug 16, 2012 1:25 AM

Dec 2011
Anime_Name said:

月 is his original name. That is Light. "Raito" is just the Japanese phonetic pronunciation of that word. Pretending to speak with a Japanese accent just for that name is racist.

I'm sure you find japanese peopre speaking in engrish perfectry acceptabre then. You don't need to fake an accent to pronounce it.

Because, you know, speaking in another language is undeniably racist. All dubs should be done by 4kids so that all references to anything remotely japanese in a japanese show becomes nonexistent. Wouldn't want to be racist.
Aug 16, 2012 1:28 AM

Sep 2010
Skelington said:
Anime_Name said:

I'm sure you find japanese peopre speaking in engrish perfectry acceptabre then.

Because, you know, speaking in another language is undeniably racist.

Like I said. Dubbers aren't openly racist dicks and wouldn't mock someone's accent just for a laugh or switch to phonetics when an actual translation makes more sense.

Aug 16, 2012 1:38 AM

Dec 2011
Anime_Name said:

Like I said. Dubbers aren't openly racist dicks and wouldn't mock someone's accent just for a laugh or switch to phonetics when an actual translation makes more sense.

No, instead they put no effort into their work and we receive a laughably atrocious excuse of acting. But that's another thread's problem.

You don't seem to have a very firm grasp on what racism is. While saying the name Raito would be unforgivable because it can directly translate, there's no problem with Yagame because, hey, why the hell would we name him Light Jackson? What the hell kind of american can say Rye-toe anyway? That would be a mockery of the almighty japanese honor.
Aug 16, 2012 2:10 AM

Aug 2012
Opachu and Horohoro

Opachu is fine for me but Horohoro? :/

And who is Sasgay?

'Palmtop Tiger' Strikes Again

Haha XD
Aug 16, 2012 2:16 AM

Apr 2012
My_Regrets said:
Opachu and Horohoro

And who is Sasgay?

SasuGAY is a play on the name Sasuke

For me...the worst character name has to be Yugi.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Aug 16, 2012 5:29 AM
Feb 2012
Rock Lee, surprisingly...
Aug 16, 2012 5:39 AM

Mar 2012
Cutty Flam (A.k.a franky) , Lelouch Lamperouge (look at it, i mean just..look at it), Ichigo, Tenten...
End Zionazism
Aug 16, 2012 5:41 AM

Jun 2009
I always have a hard time deciding whether the names Kubo comes up with (for Arrancar/Hollows and recently Quincy) are so bad it's awesome or so bad it's awful...
Aug 16, 2012 5:44 AM

Mar 2012
grandy_UiD said:
I always have a hard time deciding whether the names Kubo comes up with (for Arrancar/Hollows and recently Quincy) are so bad it's awesome or so bad it's awful...

I like Starrk :P that was kinda cool and now it's cooler when I watched game of thrones :p
End Zionazism
Aug 16, 2012 5:47 AM

Jun 2012
ChiChi, Luffy, Franky, Yuki, Vegeta, Aizen, TenTen, Ino, Kurapika.

Lot of One piece, DBZ name are stupid. :D
BlackSCREENAug 16, 2012 5:50 AM
Aug 16, 2012 5:54 AM
Oct 2011
grandy_UiD said:
lol I was thinking about the same thing, here are some:

Bambietta Basterbine
Charlotte Chuhlhourne
Pesche Guatiche
NaNaNa Najahkoop
and
Aaroniero Arruruerie
Aug 16, 2012 6:10 AM

Jan 2012
Lala Satalin Deviluke

Satan + Stalin?
---
Aug 16, 2012 6:13 AM

Mar 2011
Aug 16, 2012 8:38 AM

Aug 2012
BloodRequiem said:
My_Regrets said:
Opachu and Horohoro

And who is Sasgay?

SasuGAY is a play on the name Sasuke

For me...the worst character name has to be Yugi.

Haha.. I see XD

'Palmtop Tiger' Strikes Again

Haha XD
Aug 16, 2012 8:48 AM

Feb 2012
Aug 16, 2012 9:48 AM

Jul 2012
Shoe.
Aug 16, 2012 10:24 AM

Aug 2012
Nanana Nahjekoop, one of the quincys in the latest arc. I'd be shocked if it actually had meaning.
Aug 16, 2012 10:40 AM

Jul 2011
Candor said:

Bambietta Basterbine
Charlotte Chuhlhourne
Pesche Guatiche
NaNaNa Najahkoop
and
Aaroniero Arruruerie

How do you even pronounce that last one...?
Aug 16, 2012 12:26 PM

May 2011
Kazeshini said:
Anime_Name said:
Kazeshini said:
Naruto, L, Sasgay

L is a codename.

Well that's retarded.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Aug 16, 2012 1:07 PM

Jun 2012
Ouma Shoe
kill the bastard
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Aug 16, 2012 2:17 PM
Oct 2011
Harii said:
Candor said:

Bambietta Basterbine
Charlotte Chuhlhourne
Pesche Guatiche
NaNaNa Najahkoop
and
Aaroniero Arruruerie

How do you even pronounce that last one...?
Here you go, watch the first 20 seconds and try repeating his name 5 times:
Candor123Aug 16, 2012 2:20 PM
Aug 16, 2012 3:19 PM

Sep 2010

Just found a name for my future kid. Its a great name for both genders. I bet they will be popular and well loved in the community.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Aug 16, 2012 3:26 PM

Jul 2011
Meh almost' all names from DBZ <3

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Aug 16, 2012 6:52 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
-Laffinty Fin E Ld Si. WTF? I like Lan (good Madoka came up with that), but that's name is just ridiculous.
-Buckbeard and the rest of the Vandereich.
Aug 16, 2012 7:00 PM
Oct 2011
BatoKusanagi said:
-Laffinty Fin E Ld Si. WTF? I like Lan (good Madoka came up with that), but that's name is just ridiculous.
-Buckbeard and the rest of the Vandereich.
Buckbeard is only the name of the chapter he appeared in, we still don't know his real name.
Candor123Aug 20, 2012 3:28 AM
Aug 16, 2012 8:26 PM

Mar 2012
L Lawliet

When I found out his real name that was a huge disappointment.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

» Binging a series or watching over a period of time

Goblingaming - 3 hours ago

13 by Shirayukin »»
6 minutes ago

» Write your takes in anime and I'll prove you're incorrect. ( 1 2 3 )

Gashadokur0 - May 21

136 by MichaelJackson »»
13 minutes ago

» Anime that spurs you to read its continuation in manga, LN or VN

niknasr - Today

31 by Shirayukin »»
17 minutes ago

» Your longest record/streak ( 1 2 3 )

Yonahim_Zz - May 9

116 by Silverlight41 »»
18 minutes ago

» Isn't L's Full Name being on display on the front page of MAL massive spoiler?

Dragevard - Yesterday

8 by Hikinekomori »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.