Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 6, 2022 2:32 PM

Feb 2012
2022 Rewatch

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 16, 2022 7:54 PM

Oct 2020
This was a fun episode! I actually liked the humor that Tohji and Kensuke added to the intense scenarios-- they seem like good friends for Sinji and their combined banter is fun.
We also got introduced to Asuka.. and yeah. Pretty much the embodiment of violent, early 2000s tsunderes -- hopefully she'll mellow out later on.

Sort of interesting how the beginning of the episode, Gendo is talking about a package being transported across the Pacific and we're led to believe he's talking about the new Eva, but turns out he was talking about the weird embryo looking thing the whole time.
He mentioned it being the 'first human' and (probably pointing out the obvious) maybe that's what the Angel was looking for since Ritsuko said Angels and humans share 99.89% DNA
Jun 27, 2022 8:31 AM

Dec 2007
asuka seems interesting character. though from the look of it and the preview, she's going to just bring more fanservice lol.

the question of the incoming angels do rises.

what's with the endings? lol
Aug 9, 2022 11:38 AM

May 2021
This episode was pretty cool and very entertaining, actually all episodes are fun to watch! Also loved Asuka's introduction. this anime is pretty pleasant and i think it's gonna turn into one of my favorites
Sep 17, 2022 10:37 PM
Aug 2022
this episode was pretty good but it wasn't mind blowing kind of good that would make me give a 5 star rating. but nonetheless, we got introduced to asuka here. for now i feel kinda neutral towards her but that might change later. i'm not usually a person who tends to gravitate to more.. cocky characters like asuka seems to be. and we got another new angel here. this is probably my least favorite design but not bad by any means. then we have the part in the end where shinji's father and that dude who i'm pretty sure is misato's ex brought in like this fetus thing that's apparantely the first human, whatever that means. looking forward to learn more about that fetus thing.
Oct 22, 2022 2:02 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Best scene is Mr. Kaji here just casually watching all the aircraft carriers around him get absolutely destroyed. Although Asuka herself did quite a number by sending several million-dollar pieces of hardware down to the sea floor (which was actually a city, something cool they added to the background without even needing the characters to verbally acknowledge it. They were all caught up in the matter at hand after all). No big deal though, because when you purposely sink two battleships for the sake of taking down an angel, budget is of no issue. It's to save humanity, after all.

90% of the reason I watched Evangelion the first time was because of Asuka. And yeah, even the second time around, she doesn't disappoint.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 2, 2022 3:27 PM
Apr 2022
very good very nice
Dec 26, 2022 3:06 PM

Jan 2022
It's her! My girl is here babyyyyy! The number 1 best girl tsundere queen has finally come to us!
-insert NGE meme here-
Dec 30, 2022 3:44 AM
Aug 2019
ASUKA HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 3, 2023 5:01 AM
Jan 2023
shinji we need to cook meth shinji
Jan 3, 2023 6:50 PM
Jan 2019
it was very gud :)))
Jan 10, 2023 11:26 AM
May 2021
This anime looks soo good! I don't know how I never watched this masterpiece before.
Jan 13, 2023 11:22 AM

Nov 2020
W Shinji. W Evas. W everything. W Rei.
Jan 22, 2023 11:51 PM

Mar 2016
Quite a bit this episode. Asuka finally makes her debut with quite the ego, although while shhe dismisses Shinji as unimpressive, she doesn't completely throw him to the side when they're fighting the angel. Guessing the synch rate was a tease as to what the EVA's are truely capable of and that Shinji and Asuka may actually be good teammates (although not initially looking at the preview).

Getting more confirmation on the idea that I've come up with that Angels are in fact humans with that tiny angel looking embryo that Gendou is calling 'Adam' along with the previous reveal that wave analysis of Angel material is near perfect match to human DNA. Also starting to think that Gendou actually wants to use the Angels to get something. That whole alchemy tree design in his office reminds me of FMA:B which fits with the Angels being humans. It also fits with the fact that the Angels that we've seen are purely searching for and hunting down NERV locations and the EVAs.

The reveal of EVA-01's head in episode 2 showed that EVAs are bio-organic, and from the appearance looking at the still in the OP, they're some form of Angel in shackles that make up the armour. So the targetting of the EVAs could actually be some attempt to free them.

The main questions I still have now are, what is the cause of the 'synchronisation' in EVAs; why is only unit 01 designed in a way that the head has teeth (unit 02 seemed closer to unit 00 in terms of head design) - which would lead into what is the 'berserk mode'; and finally, was Second Impact actually a coincidental appearance of the angels, or did NERV have an experiment go wrong?
Mar 19, 2023 7:44 AM
Jun 2014
This episode was okay, but it concerns me that the anime is going in a more formulaic direction. I think Asuka's Eva is pretty cool, if I'm to be honest, and I think introducing a German character is neat - but she's clearly very hot-headed and this looks like it'll be going in a more "stereotypical anime direction" from here, which is disappointing. Still, I'll wait and see.

I will say though - Shinji was in absolute mind-numbing PAIN when taking hits from the Angels in the past. How come he was literally BITTEN INTO by one in this episode, but for some reason feels nothing? Or perhaps it didn't damage the Eva enough for him to feel it...? Just feels a bit inconsistent to me.
Apr 2, 2023 2:52 PM
May 2021
funny episode, where dude shows his pp and gets slapped twice by a girl
Apr 30, 2023 5:05 PM

Mar 2022
So this is it, the episode that finally introduces Askua as a character to Evangelion. So what do I think of Askua? I think she’s a pretty fun character like everyone else has said and she definitely brings a bit more to the show because while I like Shinji and Rei as main characters, I do feel the show felt a bit dead because it’s serious a lot of the time and we definitely needed a bit more lighthearted stuff in there. Not that the serious stuff is a bad thing though. That said I did enjoy a lot of the humour in this, sounds like Misato’s got an ex considering how Ryoji acts around her. 

Looks like Gendo predicted the Angel attack from the sound of it, there’s definitely something going on with NERV behind the scenes. It’s really gonna be something when we get the full picture of what they really intend to do.
May 25, 2023 6:29 PM
Apr 2020
Pretty awesome fight and Asuka's introduction was great
Jul 12, 2023 3:13 AM
Mar 2021
Definitely the weakest episode so far for me. I found how casual everyone is given possible annihilation and them arguing over petty things a little bit difficult to watch at times. Asuka is introduced and is quite annoying which is fine I guess, on the other hand it seems as if Kaji is propped up to be somewhat of a cool character but I think he's just an unlikable asshole. I do hope these issues get toned down somewhat as the series progresses but I won't hold my breath.
Sep 18, 2023 11:49 AM
Jul 2021
Primera apacicion de Asuka y con Ending especial uff
Oct 27, 2023 9:14 PM
Oct 2023
honestly 2nd best episode so far into the anime, first best is episode 6, honestly will be hard to top that episode, this one isnt even a close 2nd but i will say the turn of events and the ending was very entertaining
Jan 9, 11:57 PM

Dec 2022
like two peas in a pod they are
Feb 24, 7:38 PM
Feb 2024
Asuka's introduction is great! It conveys her character really well and is just a really fun episode! The Angel is interesting and it fleshes out the character dynamics really well!!
Mar 5, 4:14 AM

Jul 2017
great episode, we see the introduction of Asuka, one of the best characters of Eva, and Adam, delievered personally from Kaji to Gendo; a very important event for the future of the show.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Apr 1, 8:38 PM
Jul 2023
A new member joins!
- Asuka seems pretty cool, I’m not a fan of her archetype though
- Shinji was funny in the plugsuit
- It seems Kaji is some sort of spy
- The first human…. Adam, is an embryo? I wonder if he’s the first or second angel, since Sachiel was the third
- A bit dissatisfied with Gaghiel, all the other angels have had unique designs and abilities but this one was kinda just a big fish.
Apr 6, 4:19 PM
Apr 2023
Another cool episode meeting Asuka and Koji and blushing Mommy Misato moment. And cool action on the UN battle ships of course.
May 5, 8:44 PM
Apr 2024
Asuka is the greatest being to ever grace the human race. So much more can be said, but aren't actions better than words?
May 27, 1:24 AM
Dec 2022
silly Asuka has arrived and uber silly Kaji
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Voltlighter - Nov 29, 2007

204 by KidRias »»
Today, 2:25 AM

» Do you have any Evangelion merchandise? ( 1 2 )

TsutanaiFuun - May 29

57 by 3looming »»
Jun 2, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Nov 30, 2007

266 by goofyahhgoofy »»
Jun 2, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

then - May 10, 2008

161 by NihilisticMystic »»
May 29, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

813 by katto_al_ameer »»
May 28, 6:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.