Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
May 24, 2023 5:03 AM
Jul 2020
FMmatron said:
It's been way too long since we've seen Zoro go all out in a 1vs1. No one can stop King of Hell from reaching his goal and from making Luffy Pirate King. Not even another first mate like King who put everything on the line for his captain as well. Regarding this aspect I found the matchup here better than Sanji vs Queen. Pure actionwise it had more to offer as well. Chansard did it again. Same as with the Thunder Bagua clash I lost my shit.
Episode went stupid again. Based on the staff we expected it to go beyond Sanji's finale and it's Zoro we're talking about after all so it's only obligatory. However, I wouldn't say it was necessarily better overall. Sanji's episode was more of an emotional rollercoaster with a more compelling character arc
Well the chapter was written that way so I wont blame the episode but this episode rewatchability is so much more than previous,this episode felt so fluid and pacing was perfect.That few Kaido shots were so perfect.The fight was improved massviely.There was too much flashiness but I am not complaining if they were used this way.
1015>1033>1062>1017>1061  Top 5 Onigashima episodes
May 24, 2023 5:10 AM
Jul 2020
AhriTheS3xyFox said:

I watched this with my favourite anituber, and there were a lot of complaints he had about it, he said that the story board of this was not good and non-existant, all it mean't was they are two right hand mans fighting each other, nothing else. So the fighting to him felt meaningless. The sound effects was another issue failing to ramp up the situations and atmosphere that is trying to portray. While the Sakuga fails to connect from point A to point B. Re-used re-caps is also another issue. And others, i've recorded his opinion on OBS but I don't feel like going through what he said lol. I'm just saying what I remember at the top of my head.

And it has a lot of weird angles coming out.

While Sanji in comparison did had a story board, but it was only the last 7 minutes it was good, the prior to it was difficult to watch through.  So it was like a 6/10 for this episode, if it weren't for the animation, would've been a 2/10, and Sanji was a 4/10.

I'm surprised you weren't part of the popular opinion xD
Man you shouldn't let your favourite anituber to influence your enjoybaility.Its how much you enjoy it ,the storyboards were at point bit disconnected in part A but its fine.It was after 1033 I had so much fun watching OP.Sanji episode had a flaw that it was slow and didn't felt fluid in some parts but the emotional moments and character development also a rare Sanji W made the episode 9/10 ,this Zoro episode was easily better in enjoyment ,Oda drew the chapter this way where it had almost zero emotional connection still I felt for King,I have to give 9.5 here.
Also saying if it werent for animation XD then no mater which episode it wouldn't feel that way even 1015
May 24, 2023 6:58 AM
May 2023
THE LITERAL BEST ANIMATED ONE PIECE EP
May 24, 2023 7:17 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Yeah good ep! Animation went crazy. Few scenes were slightly changed from the manga but they had some nice additions too. And I love how every time they do a flashback they re-record the audio ๐Ÿ˜‚ I prefer the original tbh, not that it matters much.

I’m still of the opinion that Zoro was talking about Luffy when he said “captain AND best friend”. But I think someone proved me wrong the other day when they looked at the actual Japanese text.

Maybe I should start watching the OP weekly eps again. We’ll see.
May 24, 2023 10:59 AM
Apr 2022
The best One Piece episode ever!
May 24, 2023 12:12 PM
Jul 2021
best animation rn fr
May 24, 2023 1:23 PM
Mar 2023
It was perfect. Would have preferred some of the manga essence inculcated into the animation but whatever it still came out well. Toei animators really did a great job!
May 25, 2023 4:52 AM
Apr 2023
Animation was stellar. Zoro is such a badass. King was a badass too.
May 25, 2023 9:31 AM
Feb 2023
The animation was fire
May 25, 2023 10:17 AM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
Amazing episode to close the Zoro´s battle!!! kekeke
May 25, 2023 11:50 PM

Jul 2021
The chapters that were adapted into this episode are some of the best Zoro chapters (chapters 1035, 1036) in Wano and after watching episode 1061, my expectation for the episode was high, but this episode was able to surpass them with ease.

The episode officially begins after three and a half minutes. Despite of that, this turned out to be one of the best action episodes we have had in all of one piece. Most surprising of all things was that the 1st half of the episode was only about 5 minutes long. The Animation director for this episode is well known among the OP community, the last time he was AD was back in Marineford. The OST choices were also excellent, the last one in particular that played over the to-be-continued scene, was perfect.

The highlight of this episode is Vincent Chansard, a former freelancer who, as usual, made the episode even better.

Another good point was how the director used colors to tell the story, with red/orange being King and blue/green being Zoro. 

Wano has been one of the best animated and directed arcs in One Piece, from the many things that it has brought to us, one thing in particular that I adore is the twist on the end card. It started in Megumi Ishitani's debut episode (956), with the to-be-continued card cracking with Blackbeard's attack, from there various directors have tried many creative approaches for the end card. The end card in this episode is one of the best. 

One more thing I have to point out is the last scene after King's defeat, it solidified itself as one of the best endings to an episode. It is animated by a trio, Yen, Shakuhachi, and the badass Landing by Hiromi Ishigami. 

SupremestrawhatMay 25, 2023 11:54 PM
“There are only two types of people in the world--those who became otaku and those who didn't--and the latter just can't understand what the former is so excited about."--Ono Norihiro

May 26, 2023 3:06 AM
Jan 2023
THE BEST EPISODE WITH THE FOCUS ON THE BEST CHARACTER
May 26, 2023 6:34 AM
Mar 2023
omfg that was so incredible
taking this and the previous episode into account, in a couple episodes the most incredible episode of any anime ever is going to drop
May 26, 2023 4:14 PM
May 2023
Masterpiece from one piece
May 26, 2023 8:11 PM
Mar 2023
cinema cinema cinema cinema cinema
May 27, 2023 3:08 AM

Dec 2014
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
The disrespect it got with this re-cap LOOOL!! Sanji fans unite! They're already going crazy with the fight though at the beginning

The continuation of the climax after 1061, as expected, and Zoro is still fighting shirtless, as expected. With green auras from his sword. I really appreciate the iconic soundtracks that they are bringing back, unlike other new ones we've been getting after 1000 episodes.

But what I didn't expect was Kings face getting revealed....And we're getting to know more about him. Absolutely stunning. Absurd on how they use the auras though.

Why is it that King gets a back story but Queen does not? And on top of that, Kaido is in it too?!

I wished Sanji was treated better, but hey, Sanji got no auras. So even more +1 respect for him as a character.

FMmatron said:
It's been way too long since we've seen Zoro go all out in a 1vs1. No one can stop King of Hell from reaching his goal and from making Luffy Pirate King. Not even another first mate like King who put everything on the line for his captain as well. Regarding this aspect I found the matchup here better than Sanji vs Queen. Pure actionwise it had more to offer as well. Chansard did it again. Same as with the Thunder Bagua clash I lost my shit.

Episode went stupid again. Based on the staff we expected it to go beyond Sanji's finale and it's Zoro we're talking about after all so it's only obligatory. However, I wouldn't say it was necessarily better overall. Sanji's episode was more of an emotional rollercoaster with a more compelling character arc.

I watched this with my favourite anituber, and there were a lot of complaints he had about it, he said that the story board of this was not good and non-existant, all it mean't was they are two right hand mans fighting each other, nothing else. So the fighting to him felt meaningless. The sound effects was another issue failing to ramp up the situations and atmosphere that is trying to portray. While the Sakuga fails to connect from point A to point B. Re-used re-caps is also another issue. And others, i've recorded his opinion on OBS but I don't feel like going through what he said lol. I'm just saying what I remember at the top of my head.

And it has a lot of weird angles coming out.

While Sanji in comparison did had a story board, but it was only the last 7 minutes it was good, the prior to it was difficult to watch through.  So it was like a 6/10 for this episode, if it weren't for the animation, would've been a 2/10, and Sanji was a 4/10.

I'm surprised you weren't part of the popular opinion xD

Edit: alright he said the SFX and Music do not make the scenes feel bombastic the way it should be, there are no story boarding, no connection from A to B just fresh new cuts of animation to make it look cool. Like where did Zoro come from?

He felt more of the impact from Sanji vs Queen than he did with King vs Zoro.

Please let me know which YouTuber you are talking about? I have seen so many reaction videos and not a single one comes even remotely close to this absolute clueless take that you are presenting (Talking about the Anituber).

I'd like to hear it for myself how someone can come to such absolute unreasonable conclusions.
May 27, 2023 10:12 AM
Oct 2021
Wow the animation for this episode was INSANE. After the recap I was expecting a good episode but it exceeded my expectations. It's been a while since we've seen such an outstanding episode. This episode in my opinion is the best animation fight I've ever seen from one piece, toei really be surpassing limits. It was really cool seeing king in anime form. Even though I thought he was a great charater in the manga, I feel I like him even more after seeing how his mini backstory took place.๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ”ฅโœจ
May 27, 2023 1:09 PM
Jul 2021
best anime episode ever
May 27, 2023 2:59 PM
Mar 2022
Simplemente hermoso
May 27, 2023 3:51 PM
May 2023
it is getting very interesting
May 27, 2023 3:59 PM
May 2019
This episode is really stunning
May 27, 2023 4:00 PM
May 2019
This episode is really stunning
May 27, 2023 9:03 PM

Dec 2013
I loved this episode from start to finish. The action looked beautiful and I liked the parallel between Zoro and King with their promises to their captains.
May 28, 2023 1:05 AM
Dec 2022
THE ANIMATION WAS FIRE it was the best episode ever
May 28, 2023 1:05 AM
May 2023
ุญู„ู‚ู‡ ู…ุงุชุณุชุงู‡ู„ ูƒู„ ู‡ุงุฐู‡ ุงู„ุชุทุจูŠู„
May 28, 2023 1:11 AM
May 2023
๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ
May 28, 2023 1:49 AM
May 2023
ุญู„ู‚ู‡ ู†ุงุฑ ู…ู† ุจุฏุงูŠุชู‡ุง ู„ู†ู‡ุงูŠู‡ ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ
May 28, 2023 8:25 AM
Dec 2021
best anime ep wo ye hets gits lulw kekw
May 28, 2023 11:38 AM
Dec 2022
King of hell zoro .
May 28, 2023 3:14 PM
Mar 2023
peeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak
May 28, 2023 4:42 PM
Oct 2018
One of the best ep ever.
May 28, 2023 11:44 PM
Mar 2021
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn
May 29, 2023 3:03 AM
Sep 2020
HOLY 000 BRO THE FLAME DRAGON IS JUST SHEEEESSSSHHH
May 29, 2023 6:46 AM
suii

Dec 2018
king said kaido become the king of the pirates... in realistic scenario maybe the bully takes all the power like in past wars, and kaido's been by far the strongest villan so far, and zoro a beast
May 29, 2023 11:04 AM

Apr 2008
Finallllllllly an episode that feels like a good old One Piece episode again. 

It adds a lot of character and depth to Kaido's crew knowing that they are escapees of insane government experimentation prisons. Like wow, their desire to change the world and exhibit freedom is very relatable.
May 29, 2023 2:39 PM
May 2023
Won't even be the best animated episode this arc
May 30, 2023 5:44 AM
Oct 2021
Masterpiece Episode One Piece ๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ”ฅโœจ
#GoatOda #WToeiAnimation ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘Œ
May 30, 2023 11:01 AM
Mar 2023
Best Animation#zoro
May 30, 2023 7:31 PM

Jun 2016
A mini movie. MADNESS!
May 31, 2023 6:21 AM
Apr 2023
True animation.
One piece setting the standards of the new gen and showing new gen anime why big 3 are the big 3
Just wonderful
Jun 2, 2023 1:19 AM
Feb 2021
Best episode in 2023
Abdullah
Jun 2, 2023 11:47 AM
Jun 2023
Best Episode in the whole Wano Arc yet
Jun 2, 2023 10:04 PM
Oct 2021
it was the best episode i had ever seen in my entire life, and i am not just some noob. Giving me chills is one thing, but the consistency in this episode was just breathtaking, i literally started gasping for air cuz i just couldnt take it anymore. i am not exaggerating, this is the first time i have reviewed an episode on mal cuz it would be too much of a waste not to on this episode. this has to be in the anime hall of fame, like bro wtf.
Jun 3, 2023 1:57 PM
Oct 2020
peak fiction peak fiction peak fiction peak fiction peak fiction peak fiction
Jun 4, 2023 1:30 AM

Dec 2021
This episode just violated sanji vs queen.
if this is what toei does for zoro vs king i can't imagine the gear 5 episode.
Jun 4, 2023 1:39 AM
Dec 2020
The episode highlighted some of the greatest work in one piece ever
Jun 4, 2023 1:49 AM
Apr 2019
Zoro became the VILLANE of his own show

_somebody on instragram
Jun 4, 2023 3:27 AM
Jun 2023
I loved this king zoro
Jun 4, 2023 5:23 PM
Aug 2021
wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow
Jun 6, 2023 2:57 PM
Jan 2012
BEST FIGHT EVER!!!!!!!!
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 890 Discussion

blank - Jun 22, 2019

49 by FedeMetal »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 6

178 by DIOR_DRAGONX »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1093 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 10

95 by nickehhhhhh »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1092 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Jan 27

59 by nickehhhhhh »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1106 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 25

42 by Sun_Chan »»
Today, 12:19 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.