Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 14, 2022 9:31 AM

Jan 2019
Hi sorry if this is a stupid question, but for item D3, there are no anime that started airing Jan. 19, 2019, to my knowledge. Does anyone know of one or have any idea of what I should do next?
Mar 14, 2022 9:44 AM

Apr 2010
LoneWharfRoach said:
Hi sorry if this is a stupid question, but for item D3, there are no anime that started airing Jan. 19, 2019, to my knowledge. Does anyone know of one or have any idea of what I should do next?

D3 only requires an anime that aired on the same day of the month, but it can be any month or any year.

See here for detailed explanations that give this type of precisions.
Mar 14, 2022 9:59 AM

Jan 2019
Jhiday said:
LoneWharfRoach said:

D3 only requires an anime that aired on the same day of the month, but it can be any month or any year.

See here for detailed explanations that give this type of precisions.

Thank you!
Mar 16, 2022 6:59 AM

Jul 2013
Hello! I’m contemplating going for taskmaster and I wanted to make sure - will it be okay to complete two entries on the same day, or should I avoid doing it? If that’s possible, should I provide screenshots?
Mar 16, 2022 10:39 AM

Jul 2014
BlackenedGirl said:
Hello! I’m contemplating going for taskmaster and I wanted to make sure - will it be okay to complete two entries on the same day, or should I avoid doing it? If that’s possible, should I provide screenshots?
Ideally it would be best if you could watch only one anime per day. But if you do watch more it's also fine, but you might be asked to provide an episode history.
Mar 16, 2022 10:58 AM

Jul 2013
mozgow said:
BlackenedGirl said:
Ideally it would be best if you could watch only one anime per day. But if you do watch more it's also fine, but you might be asked to provide an episode history.

Gotcha, thank you for the answer!
Mar 19, 2022 2:16 PM

Jun 2021
For challange D6, can i use the series from the same franchise as D5?
Also, can i use animes listed as 2 different seasons of the same series on mal for D6 and D7?
-Example: D5 (aka alternative setting): Fate/Stay Night UBW, D6 (anime with sequal): Fate/Zero 1st season, D7 (aka sequal of D6):Fate/Zero 2nd season.
Mar 20, 2022 12:54 AM

Jul 2014
Reef7 said:
For challange D6, can i use the series from the same franchise as D5?
Also, can i use animes listed as 2 different seasons of the same series on mal for D6 and D7?
-Example: D5 (aka alternative setting): Fate/Stay Night UBW, D6 (anime with sequal): Fate/Zero 1st season, D7 (aka sequal of D6):Fate/Zero 2nd season.
Yes, anime for those items can be from the same franchise as long as they have separate entries in MAL database.
Mar 20, 2022 9:33 PM
Mar 2021
Can I use Hataraku Maou-sama! in M6
Mar 20, 2022 9:47 PM
Mar 2021
how to add screenshot..? HELP!
Mar 22, 2022 11:07 AM
Jul 2013
Hey, so for the Rogue quest, item G8 says to watch an anime with a difference of at least 100 between the anime's ranking and popularity, I was going to attempt to do the degenerate restriction with this one, and only just noticed that all hentais on MAL are N/A ranked. Does this meaning its simply impossible to do with the Degenerate restriction, or does this follow the exception rule?
Mar 22, 2022 12:26 PM

Jul 2014
itz_abhi_005 said:
Yes, you can use it for this item.

itz_abhi_005 said:
You need to upload it to some hosting site (eg. imgur) and then add a link to that on the sign-up form.

red_wolf said:
Hey, so for the Rogue quest, item G8 says to watch an anime with a difference of at least 100 between the anime's ranking and popularity, I was going to attempt to do the degenerate restriction with this one, and only just noticed that all hentais on MAL are N/A ranked. Does this meaning its simply impossible to do with the Degenerate restriction, or does this follow the exception rule?
Yes, it's impossible to do this item with degenerate restriction.
Mar 22, 2022 12:35 PM
Jul 2013
mozgow said:
itz_abhi_005 said:
Yes, you can use it for this item.

itz_abhi_005 said:
You need to upload it to some hosting site (eg. imgur) and then add a link to that on the sign-up form.

red_wolf said:
Yes, it's impossible to do this item with degenerate restriction.

Damn. Well thank you for your time, I appreciate the answer.
Mar 26, 2022 11:37 AM

Jun 2010
Are these valid for (M8) Watch an anime with at least two different non-alphanumeric characters in the main title?

Healin' Good♡Precure
Tropical-Rouge! Precure
Mar 26, 2022 11:58 AM

Jul 2014
Catexia said:
Are these valid for (M8) Watch an anime with at least two different non-alphanumeric characters in the main title?

Healin' Good♡Precure
Tropical-Rouge! Precure
Yes, both are valid for this item.
Mar 31, 2022 12:01 AM

Jul 2013
Seeing how the new tagging system was implemented, some of romance tags were replaced with romantic subtext. Would that tag count toward the enchanter restriction? If I had an entry done before it was changed, would that still count? Kinda annoying if I'd have to find something else to replace that entry :/
Mar 31, 2022 2:29 AM

Jul 2012
eirian_j said:
Seeing how the new tagging system was implemented, some of romance tags were replaced with romantic subtext. Would that tag count toward the enchanter restriction? If I had an entry done before it was changed, would that still count? Kinda annoying if I'd have to find something else to replace that entry :/

Piggybacking on this, how will genres/themes that get altogether removed from a specific entry be handled? Given how many challenge items and quest restrictions are genre/theme-oriented it's likely to come up. Can we provide screenshots to prove our entries had the correct genres/themes at the time of watching or does only the state of affairs when we turn our challenges in matter? Or perhaps some third option?

EDIT: I4 is the challenge item I'm most worried about. Many people (myself included) have probably picked an entry with Romance and Slice of Life but the two are supposedly incompatible by MAL's new definitions.
SleepingBearMar 31, 2022 2:37 AM
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Mar 31, 2022 3:39 AM

Jul 2013
SleepingBear said:
eirian_j said:

Piggybacking on this, how will genres/themes that get altogether removed from a specific entry be handled? Given how many challenge items and quest restrictions are genre/theme-oriented it's likely to come up. Can we provide screenshots to prove our entries had the correct genres/themes at the time of watching or does only the state of affairs when we turn our challenges in matter? Or perhaps some third option?

EDIT: I4 is the challenge item I'm most worried about. Many people (myself included) have probably picked an entry with Romance and Slice of Life but the two are supposedly incompatible by MAL's new definitions.

Yeah, it’s turning out to be such a troublesome change for this challenge :/
Like, just having the change in the name of the demons tag to mythology makes the title of the restriction (exorcist) less relevant. I assume it won’t be the only problem…
Mar 31, 2022 4:57 AM

Jul 2014
@eirian_j @SleepingBear
We're working on how to handle this situation. When we're ready we'll make an announcement (here and on discord).
Mar 31, 2022 5:29 AM

Jul 2012
@mozgow Good to hear, looking forward to it.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Mar 31, 2022 5:35 PM

Jan 2015
I have a question, I have the (bad) habit, of starting a lot of anime, watching 1 or 2 episodes just to see what they are about and then just.. putting them on-hold for years until I decide to actually watch them.

Are all of these anime disqualified from my challenge since I started them before 2022? Or are they allowed if I 're-start' them, which I would do anyway since I don't remember the context from first 2 episodes for most of these anyway.

Wanted to use Versailles no Bara for E6 but I have 2 episodes watched / on-hold ..
Apr 1, 2022 1:12 AM

Jul 2014
Vannish said:
Are all of these anime disqualified from my challenge since I started them before 2022?
Unfortunately you can't use those anime for the challenge.
Apr 4, 2022 8:37 PM
Mar 2016
Hi AWC Staff, thanks for setting up the challenge!

Have 1 question for clarification: if i use the "Watcher" restriction (TV-type anime only) for Quest A, this would mean I only need TV-type anime for A1, and A6 - A9 (since A2 - A5 specify a different type), right? Or would "Watcher" be invalid for use on Quest A?

For anyone else reading, if you have some time I'd appreciate a recommendation of a Winter anime with over 20 episodes and only 1 OP and 1 ED exactly (for S2) :)
UltrapyroApr 4, 2022 9:49 PM
Apr 5, 2022 4:09 AM

Jul 2014
Ultrapyro said:

Have 1 question for clarification: if i use the "Watcher" restriction (TV-type anime only) for Quest A, this would mean I only need TV-type anime for A1, and A6 - A9 (since A2 - A5 specify a different type), right? Or would "Watcher" be invalid for use on Quest A?
If the item specify a type, anime must be of that type regardless of the restriction used.

Have you read How to Participate in the 2022 RPG Adventure! ?
This is mentioned in the exceptions for type-based restrictions:
For example, if you are attempting Quest A with the TV Restriction, then item A2 must still be completed using an OVA, since it specifically states "Watch an OVA".
Apr 5, 2022 4:11 AM
Mar 2016
mozgow said:
Ultrapyro said:

If the item specify a type, anime must be of that type regardless of the restriction used.

Have you read How to Participate in the 2022 RPG Adventure! ?
This is mentioned in the exceptions for type-based restrictions:
For example, if you are attempting Quest A with the TV Restriction, then item A2 must still be completed using an OVA, since it specifically states "Watch an OVA".

Yes, I read that point yesterday and once more earlier today, which was the reason why I came here to ask the question - having only half the challenge (i.e. Quest A) fall under the restriction felt like cheating to me and I didn't want to lose a point on a potential technicality. Great to hear that it works like I thought it would.
Apr 8, 2022 6:47 PM

Jul 2012
@AWC_mod Hello! I've made some banners! :)

Apr 9, 2022 7:37 AM

Apr 2019
mozgow said:
@eirian_j @SleepingBear
We're working on how to handle this situation. When we're ready we'll make an announcement (here and on discord).
Any update? I'm not far away from submitting (70/75 shows completed) and those include Quest I which is all about genre tags. Most of them didn't change, but there's one item I used a genre no longer existing (Police -> Detective). Still not too late to replace it, but I want to submit ASAP due to real world planning.

Apr 9, 2022 8:33 AM

Jan 2017
@taynis
Thanks for the banners!
Apr 9, 2022 12:28 PM

Aug 2012
For O2 (Watch an anime featured in an active 2022 AWC participant's forum avatar or signature) does the avatar/signature have to be accurate on the same day as I start the anime?

For example. If I took a screenshot of someone's avatar in February, they've changed it into a different anime in March, and I only started the first screenshotted anime in April - Would there be an issue?

ワンダーランズ×ショウタイム
Apr 9, 2022 2:36 PM

Jul 2014
@inim
An announcement has been made here: AWC 2022 Updates/Announcements

Also, @eirian_j @SleepingBear, please check the above link.
Apr 9, 2022 5:33 PM

Jul 2013
mozgow said:
@inim
An announcement has been made here: AWC 2022 Updates/Announcements

Also, @eirian_j @SleepingBear, please check the above link.

Thank you, I'll try to see if I can get screenshots for the items that got changed.
Just to confirm for others, since I haven't seen anything specifically regarding it - I assume that after the change, anime tagged with romantic subtext wouldn't count for the enchanter restriction/any challenge that requires that tag?
Also, is there any intention to add new restrictions for the new tags?
Again, thank you for your hard work~
Apr 9, 2022 9:04 PM

Mar 2021
I recently used Haikyuu!! vs. "Akaten" for G5 - an anime more than 16 minutes with a popularity of 701 or less, if I'm not mistaken. However, I did take note of the actual popularity when I started, only when I completed it. That said, since it's a 20 minute OVA, does it make much of a difference?
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Apr 10, 2022 3:35 AM

Jul 2014
MeanMrMusician said:
I recently used Haikyuu!! vs. "Akaten" for G5 - an anime more than 16 minutes with a popularity of 701 or less, if I'm not mistaken. However, I did take note of the actual popularity when I started, only when I completed it. That said, since it's a 20 minute OVA, does it make much of a difference?
I doesn't matter when the screenshot was taken as long as it shows a valid entry and matches popularity stated on the form.
Apr 10, 2022 11:07 AM
Apr 2014
Is there an "easy" way to find anime with Alternative Setting or Alternativ Version for D5?

I've been trying to reduce my PTW list a bit this year and usually it's not that difficult to find something even with self imposed challenges for those extra titles. But this one is kinda painful. I might have to drop a challenge to actually complete it but first I want to be absolutely sure I checked thoroughly. I was just hoping there was a better way than clicking through 400 completed entries and checking each one.

I can't even properly filter my own list by categories to limit it a little bit...

Now that I think about it the same kind of applies to D6 and D7 but for those two I already have something in mind that probably fits my criteria. The Alternativ thing is more restrictive than I expected though.
NanashiApr 10, 2022 11:21 AM
Apr 10, 2022 11:31 AM

Jul 2013
Nanashi said:
Is there an "easy" way to find anime with Alternative Setting or Alternativ Version for D5?

I've been trying to reduce my PTW list a bit this year and usually it's not that difficult to find something even with self imposed challenges for those extra titles. But this one is kinda painful. I might have to drop a challenge to actually complete it but first I want to be absolutely sure I checked thoroughly. I was just hoping there was a better way than clicking through 400 completed entries and checking each one.

I can't even properly filter my own list by categories to limit it a little bit...

Do you have a specific restriction on this quest? If not, you can probably watch the first Ajin movie since the movies are listed as alternative version to the series and it’s pretty short comparing to a tv type anime.
I chose a restriction in my case, so I ended up going through my anime+ in that certain tag to see if there’s one I can use :/
Apr 10, 2022 11:36 AM

Jun 2010
Nanashi said:

Now that I think about it the same kind of applies to D6 and D7 but for those two I already have something in mind that probably fits my criteria. The Alternativ thing is more restrictive than I expected though.

I took a look at your list and found these anime with alternative setting/version:

Aoi Bungaku Series
Drifters
Death Parade
Arslan Senki (TV)
Hellsing
Garo: Honoo no Kokuin
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Koukaku Kidoutai
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Night Head 2041
Magic Kaito 1412

Hope this helps!
Apr 10, 2022 12:05 PM

Jul 2014
eirian_j said:
Thank you, I'll try to see if I can get screenshots for the items that got changed.
Just to confirm for others, since I haven't seen anything specifically regarding it - I assume that after the change, anime tagged with romantic subtext wouldn't count for the enchanter restriction/any challenge that requires that tag?
We won't be adding any new restrictions for this year challenge.

As for romance subtext we decided to allow it for romance restriction.
Apr 10, 2022 9:15 PM

Jul 2013
mozgow said:
eirian_j said:
We won't be adding any new restrictions for this year challenge.

As for romance subtext we decided to allow it for romance restriction.

Great, thank you for the answer!
Apr 11, 2022 7:29 AM

Jan 2009
Just to be sure, is "Somali to Mori no Kamisama" a valid choice for: (M6) Watch an anime with a Japanese honorific in the main title?

Thanks for answer.
Apr 11, 2022 10:02 AM

Jul 2014
lubryka said:
Just to be sure, is "Somali to Mori no Kamisama" a valid choice for: (M6) Watch an anime with a Japanese honorific in the main title?

Thanks for answer.
Yes, the anime is valid for this item.
Apr 13, 2022 10:21 AM
Apr 2014
Catexia said:
Nanashi said:

I took a look at your list and found these anime with alternative setting/version:

Aoi Bungaku Series
Drifters
Death Parade
Arslan Senki (TV)
Hellsing
Garo: Honoo no Kokuin
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Koukaku Kidoutai
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Night Head 2041
Magic Kaito 1412

Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot! That indeed helps a lot :D
Apr 14, 2022 12:24 PM

Sep 2020
Hi ! I wonder, is the anime City Hunter '91 valid for M7 ? It clearly refers to the year 1991 in its title but it doesn't contain exactly "1991" so does it work ?
Apr 15, 2022 11:01 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Mensualite said:
Hi ! I wonder, is the anime City Hunter '91 valid for M7 ? It clearly refers to the year 1991 in its title but it doesn't contain exactly "1991" so does it work ?
That anime is given as a valid example in the rules for item M7:

"An earnest failure has meaning."

"Nothing is definite in this world. But it's okay.
Some things within me are definite."
Apr 15, 2022 12:20 PM

Sep 2020
dierubikdie said:
Mensualite said:
That anime is given as a valid example in the rules for item M7:

Didn't know some rules had more precise explanations, thank you !
Apr 18, 2022 7:27 AM

Apr 2019

Duration-Based Restrictions

Armored - Complete an entire quest using anime whose episodes are each 20 minutes or more in length. Most of the items that specify a different duration than your desired restriction must be completed with your desired restriction. For example, you decide to use item K4 "Watch an anime with 50 or less favorites on MAL and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more"; if you attempt Armored, the anime would need to have less than 50 favorites and an episode duration of 20 minutes or more.

EXCEPTIONS: For items A4-A5, B1-B5, and L3-L4 you must use the duration stated in the item, regardless of your restriction.
Please allow me to double check by paraphrasing the restriction requirement. Armored means that all shows in a quest (minus the EXCEPTIONS) have >= 20 mins runtime. Single episode OVA and specials, movies, and TV are all allowed, as long as the minimum runtime is met. Or put more sloppily: No shorts. Correct?

Apr 18, 2022 11:32 AM

Jul 2014
inim said:

Duration-Based Restrictions

Armored - Complete an entire quest using anime whose episodes are each 20 minutes or more in length. Most of the items that specify a different duration than your desired restriction must be completed with your desired restriction. For example, you decide to use item K4 "Watch an anime with 50 or less favorites on MAL and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more"; if you attempt Armored, the anime would need to have less than 50 favorites and an episode duration of 20 minutes or more.

EXCEPTIONS: For items A4-A5, B1-B5, and L3-L4 you must use the duration stated in the item, regardless of your restriction.
Please allow me to double check by paraphrasing the restriction requirement. Armored means that all shows in a quest (minus the EXCEPTIONS) have >= 20 mins runtime. Single episode OVA and specials, movies, and TV are all allowed, as long as the minimum runtime is met. Or put more sloppily: No shorts. Correct?
Yes, any type is allowed if it's not stated in the item, as long as it has 20 minutes or more per episode.
Apr 18, 2022 4:03 PM

Jul 2016
Hi, can someone give me a few examples of what anime I can use for R6 (Watch an anime where the same Voice Actor is credited under at least two different characters)? I'm having trouble finding anime that fit this challenge.
MoonPhosApr 18, 2022 4:16 PM
Apr 20, 2022 8:47 AM

Apr 2010
MoonPhos said:
Hi, can someone give me a few examples of what anime I can use for R6 (Watch an anime where the same Voice Actor is credited under at least two different characters)? I'm having trouble finding anime that fit this challenge.

Sure ; the easiest way to find one of those it to comb through a popular VA's page, and see if the same show comes up twice.

So, for example :
- Miyuki Sawashiro as both Ririka & Kirari Momobami in https://myanimelist.net/anime/34933/Kakegurui (and its sequel).
- Yui Makino as both Lapis & Cui Ling in https://myanimelist.net/anime/1691/Kaze_no_Stigma
- Tomokazu Sugita as both Youhei & Kouhei Nikaido in https://myanimelist.net/anime/36028/Golden_Kamuy
- Aoi Yuuki as both Boogiepop and Touka Miyashita in https://myanimelist.net/anime/37451/Boogiepop_wa_Warawanai_2019 (or, if you want to go old school, Kaori Shimizu for the same characters in the 2000 version)
- Aki Toyosaki as both Justine & Caroline in https://myanimelist.net/anime/36023/Persona_5_the_Animation (and its sequel specials)
- Yuu Kobayashi as three different characters (Setsuko Furoyanagi, Sanjusangen Hashiri-tai & "Office Lady") in https://myanimelist.net/anime/31540/Sekkou_Boys
Apr 24, 2022 8:19 AM

Jun 2016
Hello there, would Natsuyuki Rendezvous be valid for this item "(Q1) Watch an anime with at least 3 human adults (18 or older) as main characters" since there is a ghost amongst the 3 mains?
失礼、噛みました。

Apr 25, 2022 2:25 PM

Jul 2014
Zess- said:
Hello there, would Natsuyuki Rendezvous be valid for this item "(Q1) Watch an anime with at least 3 human adults (18 or older) as main characters" since there is a ghost amongst the 3 mains?
Maybe there is an universe where ghosts are considered humans, but we don't do that here ;-)

So "Natsuyuki Rendezvous" will not be valid for this item Q1.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Participant Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

536 by thegoishady »»
6 hours ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Help/Discussion Thread ( 1 2 3 )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

109 by Neptune42 »»
11 hours ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Staff Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

531 by BLIJF »»
Yesterday, 4:42 AM

Sticky: » 🌷🐸 Mini Challenge #2 - Spring Bingo 2024 🐸🌷

Aeradae - Apr 28

21 by kjplethodon »»
Jun 2, 7:01 AM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Donated Banners

AWC_mod - Dec 31, 2023

13 by AWC_mod »»
May 18, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.