New
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jun 13, 2015 9:16 AM

Sep 2008
Objurgo said:
That is a pretty silly reason to dislike a character :P

Yeah xD

But since somebody have problem with my reason why I disliked her,
so I finded ridiculous reason, so people will don't reply to me "oh, you don't understand she isn't like that you can't dislike her, because she isn't..."

Well... I don't really understand why somebody cares that somebody who they don't know don't like character which they like xD

mira-nyan said:
No, lol, that's fine. At least you're not serious. :P

Who said I'm not serious?
Change character hair example from black to white and character become 100% better xD

But who cares what I think xD
Jun 13, 2015 9:18 AM

Sep 2014
LittleStar said:
Objurgo said:
That is a pretty silly reason to dislike a character :P

Yeah xD

But since somebody have problem with my reason why I disliked her,
so I finded ridiculous reason, so people will don't reply to me "oh, you don't understand she isn't like that you can't dislike her, because she isn't..."

Well... I don't really understand why somebody cares that somebody who they don't know don't like character which they like xD

No, I don't mind if you don't like her. I just don't want you to hate her because you can't understand her.
The sun is a deadly laser
Jun 14, 2015 1:32 PM

Dec 2012
I can't stand her she's so annoying, so weak and so useless. I hate how she teases people you do that in real life get ready for a punch to the face. I prefer that demon girl within Yuu she's cool and not annoying. Even that blonde girl on Yuu's team doesn't annoy me like Shinoa.
Jun 14, 2015 1:44 PM

Sep 2014
Shion657 said:
I can't stand her she's so annoying, so weak and so useless. I hate how she teases people you do that in real life get ready for a punch to the face. I prefer that demon girl within Yuu she's cool and not annoying. Even that blonde girl on Yuu's team doesn't annoy me like Shinoa.

Ashuramaru is a boy.

And Shinoa is very stronk. She's also the lil'sis of the stronkest human.
Jun 14, 2015 1:52 PM

Dec 2012
mira-nyan said:
Shion657 said:

Ashuramaru is a boy.

woah what really didn't know that and I haven't really seen her do anything to prove her strength just being sassy and teasing people.
Jun 14, 2015 2:13 PM

Sep 2014
Shion657 said:
mira-nyan said:

Ashuramaru is a boy.

woah what really didn't know that and I haven't really seen her do anything to prove her strength just being sassy and teasing people.

That's because her surname alone holds her in high respect. So she doesn't really need to prove anything to anyone.
Jun 14, 2015 6:56 PM

Dec 2012
That's because her surname alone holds her in high respect. So she doesn't really need to prove anything to anyone.

So she's gonna be your typical female MC character that has an awesome scythe weapon, but does nothing that's lovely.
Jun 14, 2015 7:04 PM

Dec 2012
Shion657 said:

So she's gonna be your typical female MC character that has an awesome scythe weapon, but does nothing that's lovely.

Scythes look cool, sort of I guess. But they're horribly impractical, the scythe was used by farmers, to harvest crop and cut grass. Who had no actual weapons back in those days, and in fact knew that it's current design would only bring their sword wielding enemies closer to them, prompting them to detach the blade and flip it upside down. A lot less cool yes, but they wouldn't end up helping their attacker in killing them

Whether you asked to be told this or not is irrelevant to me, I just felt like an info dump
Jun 14, 2015 8:13 PM

Jan 2014
Wat. No. She's a breath of fresh air in a world full of edgy children.
I love my gurlz
Jun 14, 2015 11:10 PM

Sep 2014
Shion657 said:

No, no. She's gonna be an MC with a scythe who can actually use it.

And, lol,

>Lovely
>Apocalyptic World.
Jun 14, 2015 11:18 PM

Dec 2012
mira-nyan said:
Shion657 said:

And, lol,

>Lovely
>Apocalyptic World.

Well she doesn't use it enough. XD she should just give me her scythe I will put it to good use.
Jun 14, 2015 11:39 PM

Sep 2014
Shion657 said:
mira-nyan said:

And, lol,

>Lovely
>Apocalyptic World.

Well she doesn't use it enough. XD she should just give me her scythe I will put it to good use.

:P
Jun 15, 2015 3:36 AM

Sep 2014
shinoa is my favorite character so far.
Just because she isnt the typically dumb girl with big boobs who is worshipping the hero MC to death ... its very naive imo to say a female MC is bad just because she dont has any sexual interest in the (real) MC..

if there wouldnt be a certain spin off which is focussed around the "ship" I always imagined, she would be my favorite character of the season. by far. by very very far.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 15, 2015 5:06 AM
Oct 2013
She's not one of the better female MCs but I like her. Her teasing personality is good inside the anime, but in real life, do that and you'll piss everyone.
Jun 15, 2015 8:01 AM
May 2015
Comander-07 said:
shinoa is my favorite character so far.
Just because she isnt the typically dumb girl with big boobs who is worshipping the hero MC to death ... its very naive imo to say a female MC is bad just because she dont has any sexual interest in the (real) MC..

if there wouldnt be a certain spin off which is focussed around the "ship" I always imagined, she would be my favorite character of the season. by far. by very very far.

"It's naive to say a female MC is bad just because she doesn't have any sexual interest in the MC" it's naive to assume when you haven't a clue of what you're saying. There is literally no comment on here that doesn't like her for that reason you stated

Also there's a lot of female characters who don't pander to the MC yet are well written. Shinoa isn't just not a well written character. She's not engaging and her humor is Jar Jar Binks level. From episodes 1-8 her role was

1) Annoy Yuu
2) try to act cute and funny
3) sit on sidelines
4) be cringeworthy

That's pretty much what she was. Comic relief yet in a bad way. And like many others have stated the characters have no chemistry whatsoever and makes her seem worse because their personalities can't balance each other out

However she's been more tolerable since episode 9 onwards.
Chosen360Jun 15, 2015 8:08 AM
Jun 15, 2015 11:52 AM
Oct 2013
She's actually not the only annoying character here. 90% of the vampires have the same teasing character like her.
Jun 15, 2015 12:03 PM

Dec 2012
Blankbite said:
She's actually not the only annoying character here. 90% of the vampires have the same teasing character like her.

The vampires are cool and strong. Those sexy nobles. I don't really see them tease just say the truth. Their confident in their strength. I love the vampires. I'm scared of the humans right now for that experimenting on Yuu.

I give Ferid a pass because he's my MikaYuu shipper Captain/Leader.
Shion657Jun 15, 2015 12:10 PM
Jun 15, 2015 12:04 PM

Sep 2014
Blankbite said:

Ferid is the only tease, so idk what you're talking about.

Unless you mean one Progenitor represents 90% of the 100% which we haven't even fully seen yet?
Jun 16, 2015 2:53 PM
Oct 2013
Shion657 said:

The vampires are cool and strong. Those sexy nobles. I don't really see them tease just say the truth. Their confident in their strength. I love the vampires. I'm scared of the humans right now for that experimenting on Yuu.

I give Ferid a pass because he's my MikaYuu shipper Captain/Leader.

Well that's one way to put it I guess.
Jun 16, 2015 10:06 PM

Nov 2008
Everything about Shinoa is AWESOME. Haters can STFU. :p

I hope we get to see her make out with Yuu.

Thats because female character suck in general.

You're wrong in general.
ChiibiJun 16, 2015 10:10 PM

Jun 16, 2015 10:20 PM

Apr 2014
ErenxMikasa said:
Depends on how much of a tease she is. If it increases anymore then I'll hate her. Right now I'm on the fence.
She becomes even more of a tease later on.
Jun 16, 2015 10:24 PM

Apr 2014
As for me I like the twintail blonde and krul tepes more than shinoa. I prefer a tsundere over a teasing girl like shinoa. There is only so much one can take before she just starts becoming annoying especially later in the manga. Do keep in mind that this is just my opinion and taste so no need to be rude or defensive about it.
Jun 17, 2015 9:00 PM

Dec 2012
ChaosIncarnate said:
As for me I like the twintail blonde and krul tepes more than shinoa. I prefer a tsundere over a teasing girl like shinoa. There is only so much one can take before she just starts becoming annoying especially later in the manga. Do keep in mind that this is just my opinion and taste so no need to be rude or defensive about it.

I also prefer tsunderes because teasing type girls get on my nerves. Oh god does she really become more of a tease later on I am gonna die. Some people like the way she teases, but it's just not for me. I share your taste as well. Tsunderes are the way to go and I like the yandere types too.
Jun 17, 2015 9:41 PM

Nov 2008
Tsundere are great..........but so are trolls. :p Shinoa's trolling is on an epic scale. Guren muttering "I wish YOU had passed out" at her utterly killed me dead.

And Yuu himself is already rather tsundere so Shinoa's teasing nature bounces off him oh so well; i.e. she can make him mad and it's funny XD

Jun 17, 2015 11:23 PM
Jul 2018
Shinoa did nothing wrong, she's a loli.
Jun 18, 2015 6:18 AM

Oct 2014
StevenHu said:
These types of characters annoy me to no end.
Jun 18, 2015 8:52 AM

Nov 2008
Trentor11 said:
She's not engaging and her humor is Jar Jar Binks level.

Um are you on crack? Jar Jar is an idiot and his "humor" is based on idiocy. Shinoa is a smart-ass and her humor is based on being snarky.

They could not BE more different!!

Jun 18, 2015 9:53 AM
May 2015
Chiibi said:
Trentor11 said:
She's not engaging and her humor is Jar Jar Binks level.

Um are you on crack? Jar Jar is an idiot and his "humor" is based on idiocy. Shinoa is a smart-ass and her humor is based on being snarky.

They could not BE more different!!

No im not on crack. I'm basing them off them being bland and unfunny. Basically what I'm saying her humor sucks. Almost on Jar Jar level. I couldn't keep still while both of them tried to be funny. The dialogue doesn't help and no Yuu isn't a tsundere. He's a hardheaded kid who acts like an idiot at times but unsurprisingly has seemingly mellowed down. They do not bounce off each other because they have really shitty chemistry as does the majority of the main cast

"Shinoa is a smart ass" which is fine if It fits.. It doesn't. It makes her come across as a cringeworthy try hard. If you say that trolling is the main reason shes a decent character or "best girl" then that sums up the quality of characters in this series. Either tone it down or give her more depth so she won't only be known for crappy comic relief
Jun 18, 2015 10:23 AM

Nov 2008
Yuu is absolutely a tsundere when it comes to his emotions. Have you read the manga? Probably not.

I like everything about Shinoa; not just her trolling nature.

They do not bounce off each other because they have really shitty chemistry as does the majority of the main cast

Yes, they do bounce off each other and do not have shitty chemistry at all. They're cute.

I feel that Shinoa joking around the way she does means she's trying to hide darker emotions inside of her. That's just a theory but call it a gut feeling.

Manga volume 4 (likely episode 12)
ChiibiJun 18, 2015 10:28 AM

Jun 18, 2015 11:17 AM
May 2015
Chiibi said:
Yuu is absolutely a tsundere when it comes to his emotions. Have you read the manga? Probably not.

They do not bounce off each other because they have really shitty chemistry as does the majority of the main cast

Yes, they do bounce off each other and do not have shitty chemistry at all. They're cute.

I feel that Shinoa joking around the way she does means she's trying to hide darker emotions inside of her. That's just a theory but call it a gut feeling.

They have no chemistry. It's basically her just pissing him off. They don't compliment each other's character. Their strengths and their weaknesses. If there was more to Shinoa than being comic relief and trying to "act cute" the dynamic between them could actually be well written. When her sister was brought up in a serious convo. She humorously passes it off. No subtle change in her attitude or face to make me think other wise.

A little trolling is fine. But the anime goes out of their way to make it over the top. I have an annoyance with anime force feeding up girls that try to act cute. Either do something or get out of the story. It wasn't until episide 9 or 10 where Shinoa actually got off the sidelines picked up that badass scythe she was wasting and actually did something.

I'll call her a good character when she gives me good reasons to both like/hate her.
Jun 18, 2015 11:35 AM

Nov 2008
Trentor11 said:

They have no chemistry.

You're blind. Clearly.

When her sister was brought up in a serious convo. She humorously passes it off.

That's sometimes the only way people can deal with painful matters. I have a friend who acts this way.
ChiibiJun 18, 2015 11:40 AM

Jun 18, 2015 11:42 AM
May 2015
Chiibi said:
Trentor11 said:

They have no chemistry.

You're blind. Clearly.

Or it's me knowing what chemistry is..Re read my previous comment. Then look at Holo and Lawrence from Spice and Wolf. Showing me scans of a compliment isn't helping your poorly made argument
Jun 18, 2015 11:55 AM

Nov 2008
Trentor11 said:

Or it's me knowing what chemistry is.

No, I don't think you do. Explaining why one pairing has good chemistry doesn't explain why another has "zero" chemistry. Yuu and Shinoa's chemistry is simply more subtle because they're not quite "there" yet.

Showing me scans of a compliment isn't helping your poorly made argument

Those are not "scans", they're screenshots.
It's the way the scene is presented. The timing is especially important. Note how eye contact is made, note that there are pauses, note that she was able to make Yuu blush. Note how he dismisses her question quickly because he feels embarrassed.

Unless you're talking about a different type of chemistry, those are certainly hints toward romantic chemistry between them. That's why the YuuShino ship is the second most popular one, despite Mitsuba having feelings for him too (which are actually even more obviously presented)

Jun 18, 2015 12:18 PM

Dec 2012
Chiibi said:
Trentor11 said:

No, I don't think you do. Explaining why one pairing has good chemistry doesn't explain why another has "zero" chemistry. Yuu and Shinoa's chemistry is simply more subtle because they're not quite "there" yet.

It's the way the scene is presented. The timing is especially important. Note how eye contact is made, note that there are pauses, note that she was able to make Yuu blush. Note how he dismisses her question quickly because he feels embarrassed.

Unless you're talking about a different type of chemistry, those are certainly hints toward romantic chemistry between them. That's why the YuuShino ship is the second most popular one, despite Mitsuba having feelings for him too (which are actually even more obviously presented)

I don't know,I feel like Yuu would blush to any girl in these kind of moments,not especially to Shinoa. He's a little cute virgin.
Jun 18, 2015 12:21 PM

Feb 2010
Trentor11 said:
Chiibi said:

They have no chemistry.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OppositesAttract
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jun 18, 2015 12:33 PM
May 2015
Chiibi said:
Trentor11 said:

" no I don't think you do" Certainly know more about it than you whos desperately trying to picking scans to suit your argument. The chemistry isnt subtle at all. It's barely non existent. They have no dynamic. They don't compliment their personalities. They don't even contrast Like I stated its basically her getting on his nerves. I can give you minute long clips supporting this if you want.

So feeling embarrassed means romantic build up? Just stop commenting
Jun 18, 2015 12:34 PM
May 2015
hazerddex said:
Trentor11 said:

They have no chemistry.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OppositesAttract

Yea which requires chemistry. Nice try
Jun 18, 2015 12:37 PM

Dec 2013
Chemistry? Between the cast? They have none.
Jun 18, 2015 1:19 PM

Nov 2008
So feeling embarrassed means romantic build up?

That sure as hell went over your head.........just like many other things.

Trentor11 said:
Just stop commenting

You can't tell me what to do. Who died and made you boss?

You either see it or you don't. I can see it. Other people can see it. Won't you be kicking yourself when it turns out we know what we're talking about and you don't. How silly you will feel.

Certainly know more about it than you whos desperately trying to picking scans to suit your argument.

Very convincing, considering that you try to suit your argument by repeating the same phrase over and over. Why don't you put a little more effort into it before criticizing others? Also, your grammar is atrocious. "trying to picking scans"?? Lol. Some of your sentences don't even make sense!

If Yuu and Shinoa didn't have chemistry, they wouldn't have such a large ship base. But they do. They have second place. And it's not just "idiot weebs on MAL". It's on Japanese websites too.
ChiibiJun 18, 2015 1:32 PM

Jun 18, 2015 1:32 PM

Dec 2012
Well I don't really see the chemistry there either between Shinoa and Yuu it's more of a one sided crush same with the blonde tsundere Mitsuba. Also the official fanbook says under Mika his interests are anything Yuu likes. As for Yuu his interests are things about Mika which is so cute. >////< I prefer Shinoa with Guren.

https://www.tumblr.com/search/i%20want%20that%20fanbook
Jun 18, 2015 1:34 PM

Nov 2008
You don't see it because you ship MikaYuu. lol

Shinoa with Guren doesn't make any sense. Guren already has that one lady....with the reddish brown hair.

Jun 18, 2015 1:43 PM

Sep 2014
Shion657 said:
Well I don't really see the chemistry there either between Shinoa and Yuu it's more of a one sided crush same with the blonde tsundere Mitsuba. Also the official fanbook says under Mika his interests are anything Yuu likes. As for Yuu his interests are things about Mika which is so cute. >////< I prefer Shinoa with Guren.

https://www.tumblr.com/search/i%20want%20that%20fanbook

Oh gahd, pls no. Guren is Mahiru's.
Jun 18, 2015 1:47 PM

Dec 2012
Chiibi said:

It doesn't have to do with what you ship,I know someone who doesn't ship MikaYuu and still can't see the chemistry between Yuu and Shinoa.
Jun 18, 2015 2:06 PM

Dec 2012
Chiibi said:

Shinoa with Guren doesn't make any sense. Guren already has that one lady....with the reddish brown hair.

Yeah I guess Shinoa and Guren don't make much sense XD, but Shinoa and Yuu don't make sense either. Just because I ship MikaYuu doesn't mean that. The chemistry between Shinoa and Yuu is nonexistant, it's just not there, it's one sided. I have also shipped straight ships like NarutoxHinata or NarutoxSakura, but SasukexSakura is just a no no. Or maybe Guren with Shinya I need to see more of the anime to see if I would ship those two. Yaoi couples I ship must always have strong interactions between one another. So I can see if two characters have chemistry or not.
Jun 18, 2015 2:52 PM

Sep 2014
Shion657 said:
Chiibi said:

Yeah I guess Shinoa and Guren don't make much sense XD, but Shinoa and Yuu don't make sense either. Just because I ship MikaYuu doesn't mean that. The chemistry between Shinoa and Yuu is nonexistant, it's just not there, it's one sided. I have also shipped straight ships like NarutoxHinata or NarutoxSakura, but SasukexSakura is just a no no. Or maybe Guren with Shinya I need to see more of the anime to see if I would ship those two. Yaoi couples I ship must always have strong interactions between one another. So I can see if two characters have chemistry or not.

No, Guren only goes with Shinya and Mahiru.

Ofc everyone knows Kureto is tsundere for hims. :^)
Jun 18, 2015 3:26 PM

Nov 2014
mira-nyan said:

Does that make Sayuri the unlucky childhood friend?
Jun 18, 2015 3:30 PM

Sep 2014
IncestEmblem said:
mira-nyan said:

Does that make Sayuri the unlucky childhood friend?

Yes, poor Sayuri. :/
Jun 18, 2015 11:05 PM
Jun 2015
I don't like the way that she teases Yu (especially when she showed his bad test scores to everyone. That actually truly pissed me off for a while). Other than that, I'm pretty indifferent towards her. Tbh, I don't think I really like the show overall (I just can't get into it). The main reason I keep watching the show is to see Guren and Ferid (and I love their VAs).
Jun 19, 2015 9:36 AM
Apr 2015
She seems annoying too me, i want him too join Mika... BrosBeforeHoes
Jun 19, 2015 9:40 AM

Oct 2012
This show would have nothing going for it without Shinoa.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

260 by Salomikee »»
Apr 6, 11:48 AM

» Will this come to crunchyroll soon?

Rockyjams909 - Apr 5

7 by _Blossom18_ »»
Apr 5, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

599 by voshi »»
Mar 24, 9:29 AM

» Is it a good idea to watch this show? ( 1 2 )

boyswhatup - May 30, 2023

50 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Who should Yuno marry?

Lost_Hearts - Dec 17, 2023

6 by NaLu4lifee »»
Jan 17, 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.