Forum Settings
Forums

Game of Thrones Season 5 General Discussion and Comparison to Books

New
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jun 10, 2015 12:47 PM

Feb 2015
Ramkec said:
Y'all stay hating on Stannis, I wonder what would you do in his current situation.

-.-

Not kill the daughter you love and your only heir.

The show ruined him I hope he dies soon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2015 12:59 PM

Feb 2013
Jun 10, 2015 1:15 PM

Feb 2012
Royalirishman said:
Ramkec said:
Y'all stay hating on Stannis, I wonder what would you do in his current situation.

-.-

Dont forget that it was GRRM's idea after all. He told them to do it like this.

She will get the same treatment in the next book, only done differently, probably not to hurt Stannis' character this much.
Jun 10, 2015 1:21 PM

Feb 2015
Ramkec said:
Royalirishman said:

Dont forget that it was GRRM's idea after all. He told them to do it like this.

She will get the same treatment in the next book, only done differently, probably not to hurt Stannis' character this much.

Good thing you included that last part.

George properly said she be getting burned and they were like oh yes we could do this for the shock value and have her mother care for her all of a sudden when it should be the other way around it goes against his character in Roberts rebellion he choose his family over his duty and here he chose his "ambition" over family when he is doing this for his duty not his ambition which D&D don't seem to grasp.

They also said once he makes a decision he never go's back on it when in episode 7 he said that he won't burn his daughter and got extremely pissed at Mel for suggesting such an idea and a few of his horses burned and all of a sudden he kills her without much sign of regret also really no one even seen Ramsey's group not even them running off because "they know the north better" so he obviously knows this random ass part where Stannis's camp is so much...

Death to Show Stannis Doran for King.

Book Stannis for King.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2015 2:40 PM
Jul 2018
1)
Really sad that what happened to his daughter, but her horrible acting during the scene took me out of the moment a bit.

2)
The part where Daenerys rode Drogon could've been handled way better.
The way it was done had so much cheese in it. The build up was decent, but when she eventually mounted him I cringed hard.
It was like watching a scene from a fantasy B-movie.
https://youtu.be/uQj7V_xMxzs?t=221
^That cancer.

Highlight of the episode was Jorah throwing the spear and the beginning of the Harpy ambush (Massacre of Meereen).

removed-userJun 10, 2015 2:47 PM
Jun 11, 2015 5:55 AM
Oct 2011
Emilia Clarke being Emilia Clarke, a shitty actress. I also agree about that part, it really felt a bit too cheesy.
Jun 12, 2015 7:04 AM

Feb 2015
Rainman22 said:
It isn't certain that Shireen will die in the books. GRRM might have had a hand in it happening in the show, but that doesn't mean he's going to allow it in the books. Even if he does, it might be in a way unrelated to Stannis deciding it, which I can't imagine book Stannis doing.

In regards to ethics, Stannis believes that he is supposed to be the chosen one to save the world and that the only way to do it is to kill his daughter, so obviously to him the lesser evil is burn your daughter alive than to possibly allow the entire realm of men to be overrun by the Others.

Yeah but it's not like he hasn't starved before either it didn't even seem a drastic situation compared to Roberts rebellion and that "20 good men" was stupid....
Jun 14, 2015 6:17 PM

Feb 2015
Oh for fuck sake I wanted Stannis to die but by Brienne? better not happen in the books like that.

He might not be dead as they cut away put I don't see the point of him being alive at this point.

Her duty is also to protect Sansa as well not kill him...

and Renly being the true king?
CrossfitJesusJun 14, 2015 7:05 PM
Jun 14, 2015 6:18 PM
Nov 2013
Ramsay Bolton the one true king.
Jun 14, 2015 6:19 PM

Jan 2015
Rezar said:
Hodor the one true king.

Fixed.

He'll come back as the Night King.
Jun 14, 2015 6:22 PM
Nov 2013
Clockwerk93 said:
Rezar said:
Hodor the one true king.

Fixed.

He'll come back as the Night King.

Hodor will become the hand of the king to Ramsay and when Ramsay feels like it's time to torture somebody they'll lock them in a room with Hodor.
Jun 14, 2015 6:25 PM

Jan 2015
Rezar said:
Hodor will become the hand of the king to Ramsay and when Ramsay feels like it's time to torture somebody they'll lock them in a room with Hodor.

And Locke will become Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.
Jun 14, 2015 7:12 PM

Jul 2013
Disappointing final episode of the season. :/
Jun 14, 2015 7:52 PM

Feb 2009
Arya's revenge was pretty dam brutal. Loved it.

Stannis with a series of tactical errors and tragedies... how quickly things changed for him this season.
Jun 14, 2015 8:00 PM
Jul 2018
Nooooooo
Jun 14, 2015 9:11 PM

Jan 2014
Shame, shame, shame! Shame on the writers. Such awful stupidity is beyond me. Watching Cersei's long tortuous walk was almost enough to save it, but then more stupidity only followed.

Let's start with the glaring inconsistency: the Lord of Light has gone to sleep. Melisandre's leaving was bad enough, but then Stannis' wife who had showed little compassion for Shireen goes and hangs herself?

Then Reek does just as silly a change. It's like they just wanted to fill their kill quota and kill off people for the heck of it. Plus another redundant "Ramsay is evil" scene. Then the Meryn Trant crap. Let's have him beating little girls to drive home the point that "this is a bad man", then let's make it brutal because Arya has done essentially nothing all season. I haven't seen such silliness since Akame ga Kill. My goodness, I just compared GoT to AgK, that's how bad it was.

The Jaime thing was also done so spectacularly awful. It's like they realized the Sand Snakes did nothing, so let's hook a kill under their belt as if it would make up for it.

Then of course, there's the dumbest thing of all. I can't even....

Was there even any saving grace? The joy of Cersei getting tortured was so fleeting.
It's like they were trying to fill a tragedy quota for the sake of it. "How can we top the tragic stuff we have already done? Let's kill more people senselessly!" I don't even read the books and I'm pissed!
RedRoseFringJun 14, 2015 9:16 PM
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jun 14, 2015 9:18 PM

Jan 2014
The Ollie thing was just the icing on the cake. I didn't know whether to rage out or laugh. I should have saved this for later. A dose of "awful" is not good right before going to bed.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jun 14, 2015 10:50 PM

Mar 2015
All hail Melisandre for she is the only one who can bring our beloved
back to life .
And wtf happened to Arya? That makes no sense.

And all progress including Dany seems to have been reset. Boring plotline is coming in next season .
Wtf happened to the tyrell siblings?
With

Shitty finale after an awesome 9th episode.

Fork this shit, True Detective was my most anticipated show of the year anyway
DoomdoctorJun 14, 2015 11:05 PM
Jun 14, 2015 10:55 PM

Feb 2011
FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Jun 14, 2015 11:13 PM

Dec 2013
It would would make the next season pretty interesting if Melisandre were able to revive Jon
Jun 14, 2015 11:47 PM

Jun 2008
Welp, at this point, this really shouldn't surprise ANYONE....

So yeah....

Stannis got EXACTLY what he deserved, what he did was unforgettable nor unforgivable.

And WOW....Cerci...I always hated that bitch, but I found myself feeling pretty bad for her and that LITERAL walk of shame.

Personally, this was still a solid season of GOT for me....

Anyone that is upset with the finale clearly still doesn't understand that this show gives ZERO fucks about who you like and if you think they're gonna give you a happy ending, then you should probably stop watching already.

Not the best season, but still enjoyable.....and still the BEST show on TV.

Now for the arduous 1 year wait for the next season...
Jun 15, 2015 12:01 AM

Mar 2015
TEAM WHITE WALKERS!!!

We need them to just destroy Westeros. A hard reboot is now the only way forward.

Although if things go as I want them to in regards to Jon, S6 might make Melisandre one of my favorite characters.
Jun 15, 2015 1:45 AM

Mar 2015
JustALEX said:

Anyone that is upset with the finale clearly still doesn't understand that this show gives ZERO fucks about who you like and if you think they're gonna give you a happy ending, then you should probably stop watching already.

I guess there are some who also watch it for the writing and not only for shock factor.If that what makes the series good for you...fine but please dont call out others who see some inconsistencies and poorly done writing.I personally don't really care about what characters die,but rather how its done.And zero fucks is wrong,the plot armor for most main characters is way too strong.

To make it short,it was in my opinion the worst season finale for now.And some scenes were really really bad.I don't even want to write about them.

Cersei's walk was not as masterful as in the books but it was still really really good.definitely the best scene of the season.10/10 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 15, 2015 2:05 AM

Dec 2014
This was like the worst season yet.
Jun 15, 2015 3:02 AM
Oct 2011
Leviathon said:
Nooooooo
It happened in the books as well, but in the books it wasn't confirmed whether he's dead or not, he was just stabbed. I guess this episode confirms it?

The episode was kinda of a mess though, it felt like they wanted to include all the main plots they left behind from the last 2 books (what they started at least) but it ended up being very poorly executed. The Cersi shit was eh, the beefy new "cold" kingsguard introduction was meh. He was much more "obvious in the books.

Also, WHERE THE FUCK IS JAIME NOT GIVING A SHIT ABOUT CERSI GOING TO JAIL!? It was my favorite part in the 4th book (the only good part in the entierty of the book actually), and they left it out. Sad.

I'm also not sure about how things are gonna continue with the Sansa plot-line, I didn't like the idea of putting Sansa in her friend's place in the first place. Tyrion governing Mereen also seems really really awful, I mean who wants to see Tyrion govern a land no one cares about?

The Dothraki scene was pretty nice though, I liked how they did it in the series, in the books it was just Dany seeing them coming to her and it just ended, it was really nice to see their reaction to seeing her (which I'm guessing is like meeting a "Khaleesi"/Queen).

Other than that, I'm interested in what's gonna happen but can't say I'm excited. And since they ended the series the same way A Dance of Dragons, we might get The Winds of Winter this year or the next year. once can hope at least
Candor123Jun 15, 2015 3:05 AM
Jun 15, 2015 3:06 AM

Dec 2014
They should stop killing characters off for no reason.

Jon Snow's death had little value. His death made everything he did this season pointless. Same thing for Stannis. This show is going fucking backwards instead of forward.

How are they gonna finish this cluster fuck in 2 more seasons. Its fucking impossible.
Jun 15, 2015 3:26 AM
Oct 2011
The Nights Watch had a lot of reasons to kill John Snow tbh, look back through the episodes, I just think it was waaaaaay too poorly executed. Like this episode it felt like everything happened just because it should happen, with no proper build-up.

EDIT: OR WAIT WAIT WAIT

Ok this episode doesn't confirm anything, sure, he died, but if anyone remembers,

Jon Snow's death also reminded me of this:

Which surprisingly enough also happened in another show from HBO.

EDIT2: From an interview with Kit Harrington, Jon Snow is dead.
Candor123Jun 15, 2015 4:15 AM
Jun 15, 2015 4:22 AM

Dec 2014
Candor said:
The Nights Watch had a lot of reasons to kill John Snow tbh, look back through the episodes, I just think it was waaaaaay too poorly executed. Like this episode it felt like everything happened just because it should happen, with no proper build-up.

EDIT: OR WAIT WAIT WAIT

Ok this episode doesn't confirm anything, sure, he died, but if anyone remembers,

Jon Snow's death also reminded me of this:

Which surprisingly enough also happened in another show from HBO.

EDIT2: From an interview with Kit Harrington, Jon Snow is dead.

Yeah they had there reasons to kill him, but killing him was pointless. This show felt like it went no where. Stagnation. So far the deaths this season have been completely tasteless. There deaths should of at least been redeeming in some sort of way.

What was the point to build up Jon Snows and Stannis's characters so much and just snuff them out in that poor way. It just made no sense.

The only character they are playing up in this show is freaking Daenarys and her motives are idiotic imho.

I didn't even read the books, but even I can tell this show is going in the wrong direction. It doesn't have to follow the book to be good, but this season is lackluster. Characters are doing things that don't make sense for them. It just seems like all is out of place.

What is the point of the fucking wall now? Jon Snow is dead, who cares about the other people there.

What is the point of Winterfell? Stannis is dead. Who gives a crap about the boltons.
BloodshadeJun 15, 2015 4:29 AM
Jun 15, 2015 4:32 AM

Jun 2011
I said it before & i quote:
OnePieceQ8 said:
if i was in Jon's place.. i would say,

then i change sides :p

disgusting.. absolutly disgusting, by his own "brothers".. what a bunch of freakin idiots..
what are they gonna do next? fight the wildlings? take on the deads alone?
F***.. just resurrect Jon's ass...
----
Stannis i'm really disappointed..... you were on a decent position until you relied on the red head beauty's god without taking reasons into account..
i don't think he's dead.. until we see his body.
----
Jaime.. heart-warming scene for him but that warmth didn't last long :p
come on.. when that snake kissed her, i was "yep she's dead" ..!
----
Cersei's scene.. was powerful/satisfying,

on a serious note: Sparrow tamed her right this season. can she pay him back? she's a lannister XD
i find it so funny how much hate Cersei is getting in the GOT world & here.
she's definitely on my top 3 fav. GOT wouldn't be the same without her XD
she knows how to play the game but her deadliest weakness -> overestimating herself :p
----
Arya.. i was disappointed with her boring-same stuff scenes in this season..
but it payed well in the end.. looking for more from/about Jaqen.. this mf, what is he?
i will give her a pass for that mystry.
Jun 15, 2015 4:38 AM

Dec 2014
OnePieceQ8 said:
I said it before & i quote:
OnePieceQ8 said:
if i was in Jon's place.. i would say,

then i change sides :p

disgusting.. absolutly disgusting, by his own "brothers".. what a bunch of freakin idiots..
what are they gonna do next? fight the wildlings? take on the deads alone?
F***.. just resurrect Jon's ass...
----
Stannis i'm really disappointed..... you were on a decent position until you relied on the red head beauty's god without taking reasons into account..
i don't think he's dead.. until we see his body.
----
Jaime.. heart-warming scene for him but that warmth didn't last long :p
come on.. when that snake kissed her, i was "yep she's dead" ..!
----
Cersei's scene.. was powerful/satisfying,

on a serious note: Sparrow tamed her right this season. can she pay him back? she's a lannister XD
i find it so funny how much hate Cersei is getting in the GOT world & here.
she's definitely on my top 3 fav. GOT wouldn't be the same without her XD
she knows how to play the game but her deadliest weakness -> overestimating herself :p
----
Arya.. i was disappointed with her boring-same stuff scenes in this season..
but it payed well in the end.. looking for more from/about Jaqen.. this mf, what is he?
i will give her a pass for that mystry.

I hope they resurrect Jon

I don't understand the red sorceresses ambitions.
Jun 15, 2015 4:42 AM

May 2015
I'm sure know one can guess who poisoned Myrcella.
Jun 15, 2015 4:49 AM

Dec 2014
Loserguy said:
I'm sure know one can guess who poisoned Myrcella.

OH yeah that. The end result of that made the entire Dorne part pointless.
Jun 15, 2015 5:50 AM
Oct 2011
^
Stannis didn't die. Yet. Jon Snow was stabbed and the book ended, we still don't know whether he's dead or not in the books.

And the season diverged a lot from the books, it's like a whole different series, with some things still are the same.
Jun 15, 2015 7:41 AM

Feb 2015
I really liked the start of the episode where the men left Stannis as last episode I was wondering why people are just watching this guy's daughter being burned but then his wife kills herself... for some reason they cut away from Stannis when he was about to die I don't see how he can be part of the story anymore with no army cause he won't join anyone.

Cersei is Milf hotter than Emila clark.

Jon snow their is no way he is dead as who is at the wall for us to care about now Davos I guess and Mel is properly just going to revive him so he can be reborn and be Azor Ahai.

Lannisters daughter's death was obvious and if they don't realize who done it their stupid.

Arya scene was way to violent.

Fooking Greyworm why are you even alive.

They cockteased us with Benjen and Syrio.

Cersei scene was good though and CLEGANEBOWL GET HYPE.
Jun 15, 2015 8:09 AM

Feb 2012
Well damn, this episode was a damn slaughter fest. I don't even know where to start.

First the Stannis stuff, he made so much wrong choices, imo he should have never came to the North at all, fuck the North. Ppl don't hate on the Lord of Light, the snow was out, but half his damn army deserted him, and he met his end by Brienne, which was pretty nice for Renly's revenge and stuff, still I'm gonna stick to the well known rule about movies and TV shows, if you don't see the death on screen, its not over for that character, so I hope we see Stannis kicking in S6.

Glad to see Theon back, and looks like he and Sansa are out, hope they survived that fall.

I never imagined I'd see Cersei's walk on screen, it was pretty well done, props to Lena for accepting to do it. Lol at ppl yelling "Brother fucker", and that guy "I'm a Lannister too, suck me off". Glad we saw Ser Robert the Strong there at the end, shit got me hyped.

I caught mad feels with Jaime and Myrcella scene. Whyyyyy, just whyyyyy, she was pretty much the only normal kid they got.

Arya is blind now, ppl stay raging, I dgaf about her. Same with Dany's new stuff they're doing. Lets see how Tyrion does governing Meereen. And looking forward to Jorah and Daario's adventure.

And finally the last scene, if you read the books, and after watching this didn't got any feels, drop the novels asap. I had trouble getting over this in the books, and now again they hit me hard, they did it exactly as I wanted it to be (only the books had more stabs as I remember, and we don't know did he survive, while here he's confirmed dead).

Hope I covered all, pretty good season, enjoyed most of it, enjoyed the changes, ENJOYED THE HELL OUT OF HIGH SPARROW AND THE FAITH great stuff here D&D, will keep watching, see y'all in the 6th season next year.
RamkecJun 15, 2015 8:21 AM
Jun 15, 2015 10:34 AM
Oct 2011
Was it confirmed that that dude is Clegane?
Jun 15, 2015 10:55 AM

Feb 2015
Candor said:
Was it confirmed that that dude is Clegane?

Well the guy is the same height as the mountain he was also given to Qyburn and he has no bodily needs apparently.

Qyburn was mentioned to also have studied necromancy.
Jun 15, 2015 11:04 AM

Jan 2014
Bloodshade said:

I hope they resurrect Jon

I don't understand the red sorceresses ambitions.

That was the most glaring inconsistency. They already showed so much about the Lord of Light's power and ambition, and after Stannis does what he wants, he just abandons him? That makes Shireen's burning absolutely pointless.

Can't say this season really did anything for me. Only Cersei's torture was satisfying and multiple rewatch worthy., which I'll be doing until the next season.

The entire storylines with Dorne and Arya yielded no results, so it looks like they just tried to make it worth it this last episode, but it was too little too late.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jun 15, 2015 12:06 PM

Mar 2014
What the flying fuck this episode was beyond retarded with all the killing off. We've gotten used to pretty intense last episodes, but not so many unreasonable deaths. The writers/producers should understand that shock value =/= epic episode. It was exciting to watch things as Red Wedding, but this was completely over the top.

First of all, Stannis gets killed by Brienne. If he died indeed, it was too plain imo. But I believe she did not kill him and will confederate with him vs. the Boltons. The scene though doesn't cease to be too abrupt and plain for such a character.

That Arya scene was pretty brutal. I didn't quite understand what happened to her in the end, but frankly I don't really care since I find her boring compared to others.

Theon's action was kind of unexpected but not really surprising. I hoped that bitch would die, I did not like her. However if Sansa and him survive the fall I call bullshit. The height was too long and even if they did leave the would have broken many bones that would prevent them from moving. If they want them to leave they should've planned it better.

Myrcella scene was kind of unforseen with the new developments, but she was a good girl :(

Cersei's scene was really humiliating and I felt pity for her. I can't help but laugh at the ridiculous methods the High Sparrows use. But then again, at this era religions used pretty much retarded methods. Why did the cut her hair :( Btw I believe Cersei will now take revenge. She is one of the few interesting characters left, so I don't want her to die. I hope she makes that ''shame!'' bitch eat her bell, she was srsly annoying -_- Still this scene was well executed and was the only enjoyable to me along with Daenerys' and Tyrion's.

Finally, the last scene was especially uncalled for. It was kind of expected, though I believe it needed more forshadowing. I believe he'll survive though since Melisandre is back. He was one of my favorites goddammit.

So overall, I found this episode bad. If they want so many killings they should plan them through the whole season and not pile them all in the last episode. This was like 7 possible deaths that need to be confirmed. Whoever liked this episode either found it well executed or hated the characters who may have died. Still, I believe that mere shock value does not equal good planning and gripping story.
Jun 15, 2015 12:50 PM

Oct 2013
I thought this episode was great. Directed very well and extremely brutal!

Stannis ain't dead. Every Game Of Thrones death is shown in plain view and the ones that aren't, obviously mean there not dead..........god damnit.

Jon Snow death.......what in the fuck.........He was one of the best characters! I hope something happens and he comes back. You never know, I mean. It IS GAme Of Thrones. If he is dead then they've committed a a sin and a half!

Cersei scene was fucked up! I think this is the first time we see her naked though this was over the top. Hundreds of people witnessing her naked body. All the shit she went through man. I felt really sad for her man. She had it coming though.

Now. I'm on Cersei's side. I wanna see her get her REVENGE!!!!! PAYBACK MUTHA FUKAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want all those religious bastards killed. I hate fuckers they show on TV/movies where people do some fucked up shit due to religion. They make me feel sick. Like literally.

Arya's scene was insane. So bloody brutal! I found her so boring this season but this fixed things quite a bit. I hope she gets better next season because she was my favourite character until this season decided to shit all over the whole thing.

Daenerys gettin involved with another tribe of the Dothraki. Would love to see how this plays out.

Sansa and Theon jumping over the wall of the castle. I doubt they'd survive lol If they do then they better come up with a damn good reason.

Nice to see Varys back again. Can't wait to see what Tyrion does to fix the big mess that everyone made.

That was so sad with Jaime with his daughter dying and all. I hope thst dorne bitch gets whats coming to her. Oh yh Sand Sister Shitty Fighters suck ass balls to the max!

Overall this season was crap. Episode 9 & 10 were the only good ones. 1-4 were....just barely passable. 5-6 were disgusting. I will bury them and spit on their graves. I wish they'd cut down on the deaths. Its to much, I'm numb to them now.

I'm surprised that I'm actually pumped to see Season 6. I just pray that they got all the old directors back. If its the new ones then I can expect a big fuck up like this season. at the very least, cut Jeremy Podeswa loose.. Fuckin shit director.
TheNoseOfDeathJun 15, 2015 12:55 PM
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Jun 15, 2015 12:58 PM

Dec 2012
At this point I'll just root for the White Walkers. I feel a lot of the death scenes are just with the purpose to shit on everyone watching, particularly Myrcella's death scene.

I've always loved this show and heck, I still do, but they're pulling so much shit it's frustrating.
Jun 15, 2015 1:12 PM

Nov 2012
I guess Jon Snow fulfilled his purpose? But then again what's done has been done already so killing him is pointless, if they do actually attempt to go after the Wildlings but they outnumber the NightsWatch anyways, idk I was hoping that he'd become the Warden of the North and take on House Stark after everything.
The whole Stannis thing happened so quick, also Melisandre has shown before what her magic can do before I wonder what happened here.

Most of the episode felt mediocre and things went by too quick to even feel impactful except for the walk of shame scene which actually felt like a strong scene, but ugh it's hard to put my scattered thoughts together on this episode, but I agree with a lot of what you guys have said.
Jun 15, 2015 1:21 PM

Mar 2014
daAmazinFatB0y said:

Cersei scene was fucked up! I think this is the first time we see her naked though this was over the top. Hundreds of people witnessing her naked body. All the shit she went through man. I felt really sad for her man. She had it coming though.

Now. I'm on Cersei's side. I wanna see her get her REVENGE!!!!! PAYBACK MUTHA FUKAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want all those religious bastards killed. I hate fuckers they show on TV/movies where people do some fucked up shit due to religion. They make me feel sick. Like literally.

I couldn't agree more with you, it's really hypocritical. The part where High Sparrow says that she should 'atone' in front of ''good people'' was really fun considering how low and disgustingly they behaved. They don't even know all the stuff she's done lol. Btw I think I read they used a double for her naked body. Still she pulled off great acting there. Maybe there will be a trial by combat and everyone gets rekt :D The season was crap indeed compared to the previous imo.
Jun 15, 2015 1:34 PM

Oct 2010
> Jon will probably get resurrected by Melissandre

> yes its Clegane zombie in that armor

> Melissandre abandoning Stannis is because she probably mis-interpreted her visions and he isnt the chosen one as she lead everyone to believe so she just abandoned him. Stannis was really cool but very naive and he was corrupted by all this bs talk and destiny bullshit, i don't think he'll be alive but heres to hoping.

Personally i didn't really like last episode, it was so "meh, whatever" at this point for me

I dislike Cersei a lot but her situation/scene was horrible and also pretty ridiculous, these church dudes act like they treat everyone fair but i doubt the whole city will gather for just anyone. Its also funny how the old guy acts like he has power or something but he is nothing and has nothing i dont really get it and if Cersei's army doesnt go on a massacre id be disappointed, shes a bitch but those religious nuts are even worse

Dorne was just weird, i dont know if GRRM wants these people to look dumb or he actually believes this is what happens in real life? I liked Oberyn a lot but it was him chosing to fight and it was him going in with killers intent because he wanted revenge and because he died somehow its Myrcella's fault? What the fuck? Nobody in their right mind will ever think so and yes his death sucked but no Lannisters are to blame except maybe Cersei cus shes the one instigating the whole thing but even she isnt guilty because Obery wanted to fight and so because he died suddenly Dorne people act all revenge wtf? so yeah pointless death and pointless possible war afterwards , if GRRM wants these people to look dumb then ok but if he believes its "okay" for them to act like this then big no

I disliked Dany's situation, its pretty stupid how her dragons behave and where are the other 2 even? but yeah its not too bad or inconsistent unlike most of the other stuff, i personally dislike it but its fine.. unlike say Sansa and Reek's escape
wtf was that, did they just die romeo & juliet death or they're going to be alive? If they're alive id say thats pretty stupid and unrealistic but thats what my friend thinks. In my eyes they were cornered and about to die so they just decided to suicide instead face Ramsey
lots of music -
Jun 15, 2015 1:35 PM

Sep 2012
I havent read the books, but even I can see how much they ruined Stannis at the end of the season. That walk of shame was good, but the Reek Scene and the Meryn Trant fiasco were horrible.

This episode is a good summary of the whole season, few moments of brillance that were completely destroyed by subpar writing and slow pacing.

This used to be one of my most anticipated show, but this season killed a lot of my interest.

GOT isn't GOAT tier anymore.
Jun 15, 2015 1:50 PM

Oct 2013
danae17 said:
daAmazinFatB0y said:

I couldn't agree more with you, it's really hypocritical. The part where High Sparrow says that she should 'atone' in front of ''good people'' was really fun considering how low and disgustingly they behaved. They don't even know all the stuff she's done lol. Btw I think I read they used a double for her naked body. Still she pulled off great acting there. Maybe there will be a trial by combat and everyone gets rekt :D The season was crap indeed compared to the previous imo.

Season 5 was fkn garbage. disgusting. Old directors all the way. Thaty was the biggest problem. Yh the story is getting stupid but at the very least the directing should still be good but nope. They suck. DFavid Nutter is the reason why episode 9 & 10 were good.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
Jun 15, 2015 1:58 PM

Oct 2013
incisorr said:
I disliked Dany's situation, its pretty stupid how her dragons behave and where are the other 2 even?

Dany locked the other 2 up at the end of Season 4.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
Jun 15, 2015 2:05 PM

Feb 2015
OneGuy said:
Terrible season. Is there any characters left worth caring about? Thanks to the poor writing, I don't care about any of the story lines anymore. This show has become a mess.

I only really care about King's landing now that they ruined Stannis and I guess Jon Snow.
Jun 15, 2015 2:05 PM
Oct 2011
Ah reddit.

> This show is going to end with Ramsay Bolton on the Iron Throne riding Daenerys' dragons and fucking everybody's daughters while they watch.

> "Valaar Morghulis bitches..."-- George RR Martin.
Jun 15, 2015 2:07 PM

Feb 2015
Candor said:
Ah reddit.

> "Valaar Morghulis bitches..."-- George RR Martin.

Should be "Valaar Morghulis bitches.."-Dan and Dave with all the added deaths they've been doing they're more bloodthirsty as GRRM himself has said.

Their is some good ones
Brienne: "Renley, the rightful heir."
Stannis: "...bitch you realize I'm the older brother right?"

The only thing I liked though about the Lannister daughter death is that she was poisoned like Joffery and died in her parent's arm.

I love how they said Dany kept the peace in the place xD

Mel and Stannis are fucking idiots though and she said before Men mean nothing to the lord of light so why did she desert and I thought all the horses were gone so how did she get one did she sacrifice someone? Like was she trying to fuck up Stannis up and then she looks all sad about it and she predicted him winning why did she leave.... bad writing all this just for Mel to get to the wall to revive Jon Snow.You know considering people of the north also dislike the boltons they have a big fucking army and why did the fight end up happening in the forrest when it was in the open at the start how did that happen xD

I love how Stannis the mannis was defeated by 20 good men obviously all you need and I'm pretty sure it's going to be completely different in the books even if Stannis loses it'll properly still be different than that, otherwise I would properly drop the books.

3/10 only because of the Cersei scene

CrossfitJesusJun 15, 2015 2:34 PM
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7874 by pylixir »»
8 minutes ago

» Ryusei Otome GALACTIA

GinIonSui - 9 hours ago

0 by GinIonSui »»
9 hours ago

» Post songs that you are addicted to right now ( 1 2 3 )

tsukareru - Apr 26

103 by cdh_221 »»
11 hours ago

» 'Your Name' set in Chicago? ( 1 2 )

Dave_Adrian - Feb 17, 2019

55 by k4rlo »»
Today, 12:23 AM

» Favorite Hololive Vtuber ( 1 2 )

SOP-II - Jul 21, 2020

71 by k4rlo »»
Today, 12:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.