Forum Settings
Forums

MAL Secret Santa 2021: Anime Edition - Sign Up!

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (37) « First ... « 35 36 [37]
Dec 5, 2021 9:13 PM

Jan 2017
Min-Max length: nothing Naruto like long
Dislikes: mecha, heavy Shonen
Any sub/stream restrictions?: no
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): sure
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 55
Does your list include everything you've seen?: yes
Link to anime list:https://myanimelist.net/animelist/MonoDork
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): gift exchange!

"If anyone ever tells me it’s a mistake to have hope, well then, I’ll just tell them they’re wrong. And I’ll keep telling them until they believe, no matter how many times it takes!"
- Madoka Kaname

Dec 5, 2021 9:22 PM
Jul 2013
Min-Max length: No restrictions, but try don't go over 80 to 100 episodes if it's not a once in a life time kind of story
Likes: Comedy/light stuff to make me feel happy or over dramatic shakespearian kind of thing. I'm actually open to a lot and i try almost everything. My ride or die animes are Akatsuki no Yona and Sakura Card Captors.
Dislikes: Harem/reverse-harem, to much fanservice, cliches that are not sef aware, to much violence, any type of sexual abuse mention
Any sub/stream restrictions?: I like stuff in their original languages, but besides that i don't care
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 194
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Only the completed, i alway forget the dropped ones or the ones from when i didn't have MAL that weren't really marking (cause i just forgot about them, sorry not sorry)
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/SaskiaDuchannes
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Gift Exchange
Dec 5, 2021 9:30 PM
Jul 2019
Min-Max length: Less than 100 episodes.
Likes: Seinen, Drama, Psychological, Fantasy, Mystery, Action, Comedy, Slice of Life (Of course not all these tags have to be included, having a couple would be great). I value a good story and cast of characters above anything else, I also don't care too much about the quality of animation.
Dislikes: Yaoi, Yuri
Any sub/stream restrictions?: No
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 134
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/dp9
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Gift Exchange
dp9Dec 5, 2021 9:42 PM
Dec 5, 2021 10:30 PM

Aug 2017
Min-Max length: 12+ episodes, no short episode anime
Likes: Psychological, Thriller, Mystery, Police, Dementia, Drama, Seinen
Dislikes: Top 200, sequels of anime I already watched, Ecchi, Harem, Shounen, Yaoi, Hentai, Sports, Cars, Mecha
Any sub/stream restrictions?: No
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 277
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes.
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/nirllas
Dec 5, 2021 10:34 PM

Nov 2015
Min-Max length: Preferably a 1- or 2-cour series (between 12-25 episodes)

Likes: Genres: Thriller, Sci-Fi, Action. I love mecha, too. But I'm kinda picky about it. I like things with cool fights and powers. Studios: ufotable, Madhouse, GoHands, Bones. I tend focus on visuals a lot, and I really appreciate badass fight scenes.

Dislikes: No Horror or Harem. I don't hate ecchi, but I also don't love it either. Also, I don't really want a fantasy series, unless it totally matches my likes.

Any sub/stream restrictions?: None.

Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): It can be, yes.

Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 574

Link to anime list: Anime List, and also if it helps, here are my previous posts from past years: 2020, 2019.

ISOQuorraDec 27, 2021 10:16 PM
Dec 5, 2021 10:36 PM

Dec 2016
Min-Max length: Nothing above fifty episodes
Likes: Shoujo, romance, shounen, senien, thriller, game, josei, BL
Dislikes: Isekai, mecha, OVAs, where the ecchi is the main plot, & and I don't want to see Top 50 anime.
Any sub/stream restrictions?: If it's available in the streaming sites of Crunchyroll, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime- that would be great. However if there is something that you absolute want to recommend that is none of those options, I suppose I can deal. (I live in the U.S. fyi) Also very preferably subbed.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes, it can be.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 148
Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes it does.
Link to anime list: Here is my anime list
Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Elf Gift!
Dec 6, 2021 12:07 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Min-Max length: None.
Likes: Interesting settings tickle my fancy (e.g. Toshokan Sensou, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita), romcom is nice (though most harems are out), family/friendship themed series often have appeal when done right (e.g. Uchouten Kazoku, Kyousou Giga (TV)), fantasy/adventure series with excellent supporting casts (e.g. Durarara, Tokyo Ravens), and I'm really into male seiyuu (check my profile for a selection). Feel free to recommend anything similar to series I rated 8+. My favourites are all recent watches.
Dislikes: Ecchi without plot/purpose (Horizon was acceptable because everything else was epic); horror; girls love, boys love. Please no idol anime.
Any sub/stream restrictions?: Must be finished airing.
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Preferably not, since I choose what to watch next from there using spin.moe. That said, if you're having a hard time or want to say "watch this now!!!", feel free to use it~
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 529
Link to anime list: Click Me!
Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Gift Exchange

Thread Locked.
Dec 6, 2021 1:58 AM

Mar 2021
Min-Max length: 12 episodes
Dislikes: romance
Any sub/stream restrictions?: none
Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): sure, but it doesn't have to be.
Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 13
Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/chinanawww
My Candies:
Dec 7, 2021 1:11 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Post for Penguinfangirl

❅ Min-Max length: Two cours (So 24-26ish episodes max)
❅Likes: Mystery, thriller, action, detective, hot guys.
❅Dislikes: Preferably nothing in the top 100, ecchi, slice of life, cgdct.
❅Any sub/stream restrictions?: None.
❅Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Sure.
❅Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 229.
❅Does your MAL list include everything you've seen?: ‡ It does
❅Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Penguinfangirl&view=tile&status=7
❅Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Gift exchange
Dec 7, 2021 1:12 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Post for CasuallyHuman

❅ Min-Max length: 50 max, no min
❅ Likes: Comf & Cute Girls Doing Cute Things
❅ Dislikes: BL & Mecha & Very popular shows
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions?: Just no dubs
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yeah
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 671
❅ Does your MAL list include everything you've seen?: No
❅ Link to anime list: https://anilist.co/user/CasuallyHuman/animelist & https://myanimelist.net/animelist/CasuallyHuman (I try to keep both updated, but my Anilist has more anime on it)
❅ Choose one—Gift Exchange (make gift, get gift, get badge) or Elf Gift (get gift only, no badge): Gift Exchange
Dec 7, 2021 10:52 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Post for Gorre

Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): Minimum length isn't as relevant it can be something short but meaningful or it can be OVAs(preferably 10min+ per episode) or even movies as long as it matches my request. For the max length I'd stop at ~40 however if it's something you truly believe I'll completely be captured by then it can be really long.

Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Action, Adventure, Demons, Drama, Fantasy, Historical, Horror, Martial Arts, Military, Mystery, Psychological, Samurai, Slice of Life, Seinen, Supernatural, Thriller, Vampire. I would definitely prefer some of the genres I have mentioned to be included although what I'd love most is a niche show from the 80s/90s or early 2000s that's completely unknown to the mainstream audience therefore unheard of. Budget doesn't matter if you think the animation isn't up to standards you can do real magic with beautiful aesthetic art style and simple yet profound OST. Would love to be enthralled by drama/thriller vampire mess, decipher the hardest to crack mystery, flabbergasted by spooky supernatural eerie atmosphere, absorbed by a (medieval) fantasy that'll leave me stirred to survey it or just good ol' classic sword battles or gun fights with over the top action scenes. Some examples of series on my top list: Spice and Wolf, Code Geass, Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom, Sakurako-san, Monster, Black Lagoon, 5 Centimeters Per Second, Darker than Black, Natsume's Book of Friends, Shiki, Planetes, Berserk, Gungrave, Sword of the Stranger, ef: Tale of Melodies/Memories. You have a good amount of variety here to understand my (pretentious) preferences I am inclined towards darker, heavier atmosphere & immersion focused shows. It's a pretty rough task so I apologize in advance if I've given you a hard time researching the web, thank you.

Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): Comedy, Ecchi, Harem, Josei, Kids, Magic, Mecha, Music, Parody, Police, Shounen, Shoujo. I don't really hold anything against these genres and demographics they can be included if you think they're not the focus of the show. I'm not a big fan with flavor of the month type of series or anything that's top 50. If they're airing shows that are not finished with just few episodes out it doesn't really bother me, I just still prefer an older (niche) show that really envelopes you into that nostalgic feeling of past.

Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Any regular subs will do.

Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): No.

Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 592

Link to anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Gorre

Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: I'll sign up for the gift exchange.
Dec 8, 2021 9:43 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Post for gabiburnei

❅ Min-Max length (episodes/volumes): Max 2 hours if it's a movie, no more than 30 episodes if it's a series
❅ Likes (genres, demographics, themes): Dramas, Romance, Fantasy, Slice of Life, School, Sports
❅ Dislikes (genres, demographics, themes): I tend to dislike but not hate Action, and Shounen
❅ Any sub/stream restrictions? (e.g. must it be available on CR): Must have at least sub/dub in English
❅ Can the recommendation be on your Plan to Watch list? (Yes or No): Yes
❅ Number of Completed entries on your anime list: 129
❅ Does your list include everything you've seen?: Yes
❅ Link to anime list:https://myanimelist.net/animelist/gabiburnei
❅ Will you create a gift for another user (Gift Exchange) or do you only want to receive (Elf Gift)?: Exchange
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (37) « First ... « 35 36 [37]

More topics from this board

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (June 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - May 3

2 by jay »»
Jun 2, 7:48 PM

» Best Signature Design - June 2024 | Nominations

Nate - Jun 2

0 by Nate »»
Jun 2, 1:20 PM

» Best Profile Design (April 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - May 3

5 by Bunnyama »»
May 8, 10:11 AM

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Winners

Nate - May 1

9 by Bunnyama »»
May 4, 6:59 AM

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Apr 22

23 by Nate »»
Apr 30, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.