Forum Settings
Forums

I immediately think less of a person when I find out that they use facebook.

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 25, 2013 11:53 AM

Jun 2012
I know, right?
Apr 25, 2013 12:08 PM

Oct 2012
Not_Biased, I don't think people put much thought before making a facebook account, just like some people who don't have facebook aren't thinking outside the box, they simply didn't put much thought into It and doesn't like It very much. I'm one of those, most of my friends still use msn so I just didn't bother myself to make a facebook profile.

If they stopped using instant messengers and started using FB I would most likely create a FB account just for the sake of keeping in touch with them.

I don't think I would have changed in any way so It makes no sense to think any less of me, or anyone, in case they start using FB.
Jun 6, 2013 8:35 PM

Jun 2008
I feel a lot of hate from this thread, but can't you just use it and not be criticized for talking to people, whose number you dont have, or not live close enough too. or if you don't have a cell phone at all.
Jun 6, 2013 8:36 PM

Sep 2012
Not_Biased said:
/thread
If only.
Jun 6, 2013 9:09 PM

Aug 2012
Nobody's gonna think less of you as long as you don't post stupid random shit on the Internet, especially on Facebook.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Jun 6, 2013 9:20 PM

Jun 2008
lolers...dude, get over it.

I don't like facebook either, but I don't think less of anyone just because they use a very popular social network.

BTW, how would you like it if your friends (assuming you have any) thought less of you for using MAL?
Jun 6, 2013 9:27 PM

Jan 2013
Lol
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 6, 2013 9:27 PM

Sep 2011
JustALEX said:

I don't like facebook either, but I don't think less of anyone just because they use a very popular social network.

BTW, how would you like it if your friends (assuming you have any) thought less of you for using MAL?

I think less of me for using MAL.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Jun 6, 2013 9:31 PM

Feb 2013
Chusaki said:
I do not like Facebook nor do I use it, but that is a pretty ridiculous reason to judge someone. Oh, and you're on a SOCIAL forums right now.

Totally agree.

Jun 6, 2013 9:37 PM

May 2009
Well there are people out there who think less of others simply because they like anime so there are people who look down on you simply for being on this site.

Anyways though to your comment about people joining because others are and not because they want to. That is no Facebook's fault. It is the people who prefer to socialize on that website. People who can't be bothered to check their email but would rather log on Facebook and catch up with pages they like and what not.

I use Facebook but I set everything to friends only so I am not exposed to their friends and their friends friends stupid crap and it keeps drama to a bare minimum.

You just must be one of those people who used Facebook for everything it had. But me I hardly use it for apps ans games crap.

I think it just depends on your reason for being on it, using it and what not.

but if you want to act all high and mighty then go ahead. People on facebook will look down on you for being on an anime site.
Jun 6, 2013 9:47 PM
Dec 2012
JustALEX said:

My skin is thicker than most brick walls.
Jun 6, 2013 9:56 PM
Jul 2012
I use facebook for most of time. Maybe like every day though, the posts are really attention seekers.
Jun 6, 2013 10:59 PM

May 2013
Pretty much everyone i know in real life uses facebook, so I don't have a problem with it.

I don't use facebook myself however.
DatDanimexicanJun 6, 2013 11:04 PM
Jun 7, 2013 1:33 AM

May 2010
Yeah fuck facebook its for Hipster and stupid people. and one should not use such mean to meet people and do it irl.
Jun 7, 2013 1:37 AM
May 2013
If you use facebook then the chances are you will attract pedophiles and its SAD for people to post their daily lives.
Jun 7, 2013 4:50 AM

Apr 2013
I just don't like the database of personal information they keep. It all seems fairly sketchy to me.
I love naruto~kun he's my husbando~~~~
Jun 7, 2013 4:50 AM

Dec 2012
waw
Jun 7, 2013 5:12 AM

Aug 2012

Gasp! Now the government knows I play angry birds and spam share retarded memes
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Jun 7, 2013 5:49 AM

Oct 2010
Jun 7, 2013 6:28 AM

May 2013
Facebook is free of charge, unless you avail their stuffs.. So what's wrong with it?
ScribeOrigins, MKD 「先生のことが」
Jun 7, 2013 6:45 AM

May 2013
Meh facebook is for losers.

Fuckbook where's it's at.
Jun 7, 2013 7:43 AM

Feb 2009
I use Facebook.
Jun 7, 2013 8:59 AM

May 2013
I'm a facebook user as well, and I don't see anything wrong about doing it... xD
ScribeOrigins, MKD 「先生のことが」
Jun 7, 2013 9:20 AM

May 2008
Ehh I am not on facebook and I feel like a slob for it, sooo much drama though.
Jun 7, 2013 9:23 AM

Jan 2013
Facebook for life.

Jun 7, 2013 11:58 AM

Mar 2013
I haven't been on MAL in a long while. This thread is still getting irritated/irritating posts. Not_Biased is a successful troll.
Jun 7, 2013 12:10 PM

Nov 2012
I don't use facebook myself. I don't like it at all.
There are just so many people who use it and it's totally fine for me, even if I don't understand.
I keep laughing at those few guys/girls who keep saying "Y u no have FB? Do you live in the 80's? Are you retaded?" or anything like that.

Just as said, I don't judge people who use it, but I don't know why people keep saying FB is the most important thing for social life today. I never thought it was necessary, I don't even know what to do with it lol. What the holy fuck are mobile phones for..? Why do I need FB AND a cell phone?
And why can't people accept that not everybody use it?

And I will never ever join Facebook or something like that, just because I REALLY enjoy it to see how people go insane if you say you can actually live without facebook.
Jun 7, 2013 2:30 PM

Feb 2013
I use facebook 1 or 2 times per day and it takes about 5-7 min i dont have what to do in there :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2013 2:31 PM

Jan 2013
Scrodulus said:
I haven't been on MAL in a long while. This thread is still getting irritated/irritating posts. Not_Biased is a successful troll.
You do realize some people are just being sarcastic right?
CabronJun 8, 2013 3:48 PM

Jun 7, 2013 2:51 PM

May 2013
I hardly ever use FB, and when I do, it tends to be in order to communicate with people that I can't otherwise get in touch with easily, so for me, it's mainly a form of social communication and connection.
Jun 7, 2013 3:46 PM

Apr 2009
Scrodulus said:
troll.
You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.
Jun 8, 2013 12:16 AM

Oct 2009
Not_Biased said:
It's emotionally challenging for me be reminded of how social media objectifies males such as myself. I worked so hard to build a sense of self not based on my attractive looks, and social networking remind me of this. This is not the point, though.

You... You sir are going places.

Jun 8, 2013 6:36 AM

Mar 2013
Nilvius said:
Scrodulus said:
troll.
You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

You make it sound like I call everybody a troll, like Lupadim does. I am pretty sure I know what it means, too, and Not_Biased qualifies. This is because I am near certain everything he posts is meant to cause distress and be generally retarded.
Jun 8, 2013 7:24 AM

Aug 2008
'I immediately think less of a person when I find out that they use facebook.'

*Sigh*
And you think that you're thinking outside of the box for not having a facebook?
The reason I have one is because I keep in touch with friends and family on there, and because I deal with anxiety it's good to have people to talk to and keep my mind off things. I didn't join facebook because everyone else was doing it, I did it because I wanted to, because I hardly go and 'socialize' in person because I'm busy a lot. Put aside all the conspiracy theories you're thinking about, you were going off the subject of facebook completely there, and to post this topic onto a site that is also a social network is sort of ironic. and before you say 'well you didn't have to make an account on facebook, why not go on skype and talk to people on there', is because some people purely use their phone to speak to me, and also family members that aren't that good with computers and don't know how to skype and such. You're not thinking out the box for not having a facebook account, you've merely belittled people who do have an account with knowledge of why people do have accounts.
Jun 8, 2013 2:52 PM

Feb 2010
With me being in another country for a couple of months it's the easiest way to keep contact with most of my friends. I doubt I'll be using it very much when I'm back though as I didn't before I left either. Don't see much sense in connecting with friends via facebook that I could easily go out and see whenever I feel like it.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 8, 2013 3:03 PM

Jun 2012
I thought Facebook was there to stalk people?

Seriously, I use it for having updates from personal interest and for last resort communication. I don't think any less from people using facebook. It's more what they write there that is relevant. I do agree that some people tend to write to much, but they will do it even if I don't agree, so I don't really care. If you don't agree, then at least don't do it.
Jun 8, 2013 3:47 PM

Feb 2009
I don't really want to sell a bunch of personal information (including any sites I happen to go with with a FB widget on them, if I'm persistently logged into FB) linked to my real name for targeted advertising. And for what, the chance to be bugged more readily by people I normally wouldn't care enough to keep in regular contact with and read a bunch of vapid status updates about what you had for lunch? I'm perfectly capable of finding products and services I will like without targeted advertising, too, and it would be useless with Adblock anyway.

The only online discussion I typically want to engage in is anonymous or quasi-anonymous (ie a user name) and on sites specifically related to the things I want to discuss, so I've never had a FB account and never will.

I'm not going to look down on someone just because they want to use it, though. That's rather stupid.
Jun 10, 2013 7:43 AM
Feb 2013
I tend to avoid F**kbook as much as possible. I signed up when i was a kid and trying to keep up with trends. But since the day a sixteen year old with a profile picture of her bare breasts was randomly suggested to me. I've found F**kbook and increasing dangerous website to be affiliated with.
Jun 10, 2013 8:03 AM

Mar 2013
Its not that I think less of a person if I find they have a facebook. Its the opposite. If they don't have one, my opinion about them generally takes a positive note.

I love you.
Jun 10, 2013 12:35 PM

Aug 2012
I just use Facebook to chat with my friends since we don't use MSN anymore. Also since it's such a habit for me to check it every day even if I do absolutely nothing there.
Jun 12, 2013 9:52 AM
Dec 2012
Not_Biased said:
ibrahim2712 said:
Your an idiot, FB is just a tool for communicating with friends easily

Could you please elaborate?

I honestly find all 'social networking services' highly questionable in terms of genuine utility and in the potential for abuse by corporate and covert intelligence gathering by governments.

The lesson we have yet to learn is that every tool can be adapted and used as a weapon. Right now we are being observed from space by satellites humans put there. Do we know precisely what is being observed, recorded, analysed? No.

Facebook and its ilk invite us to betray ourselves, indelibly, because you can’t 'erase' or 'delete’' from the internet as you can from a computer. (The day is coming when that will no longer be possible either.) Every personal revelation is potentially useful 'information' for someone whose interests are not ours.

Who is the idiot here?

Quoting myself. I feel like I could be a viral phenomenom right now.

I don't care if this brings unwanted attention. Brazil's constitution prohibits the extradition of Brazilian nationals. I am smarter than Snowden who fled to Hong Kong. Come at me NSA, I'm waiting.
Not_BiasedJun 12, 2013 9:59 AM
Jun 12, 2013 10:08 AM

Jun 2012
I recently made a Facebook for stalking purposes.

Do you hate me too?
Jun 12, 2013 10:56 AM

Jan 2013
Wow, just wow.

So many people in this thread took the bait.

Hilarious.
Salmon is delicious.
Jun 12, 2013 11:03 AM

Mar 2013
Exaccus said:
Wow, just wow.

Hilarious.

Even then, here you are, bumping the thread.
Jun 12, 2013 11:47 AM

Sep 2011
I have one, but hardly use it.
Jun 12, 2013 11:54 AM

Jan 2013
Chakaara said:
Exaccus said:
Wow, just wow.

Hilarious.

Even then, here you are, bumping the thread.

Deal with it, son.
Salmon is delicious.
Jun 12, 2013 12:16 PM

Sep 2009
I wish I could be as edgy as you OP, but unfortunately I already realised that trying to be different for the sake of it is not the same as 'thinking for yourself'.
AnnoKanoJun 12, 2013 12:29 PM
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Sep 28, 2013 4:06 AM

Nov 2012
Thinking someone not having a facebook is 'abnormal' is indeed stupid. But thinking less of people because they use facebook is just as stupid. What you really need to see is HOW they use their facebook, in order to judge them.

I 'think less' of people who use facebook that in no way reflects their behaviour when you're with them in person. What do I mean by that? Well, the most common one I see is idiots posting statuses about love, how bad their life is etc... but when I'm with them in person, they're just simply nothing like that.

I think very highly of myself and so obviously I don't do that stuff. I mostly use facebook to talk to friends when I need them but can't reach them in person at that time, or, when I do post statuses, they're me showing off my taste in music or how badass something is, which is basically the way I harass my friends in person - always telling them to do what I do because what I do is better than what they do.
Sep 28, 2013 4:08 AM

Nov 2011
Not_Biased threads are dead for a reason. Dont bump them.
The Art of Eight
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» why is r/anime such a bad subreddit! ( 1 2 )

necro_dancer - Oct 11, 2018

96 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
4 minutes ago

» What anime or anime episodes give you a nostalgic summer feeling?

heyaheya - Jun 6

12 by LoveYourSmile »»
6 minutes ago

» My concerns about the future of Japan.

9765 - Jun 6

21 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
13 minutes ago

» Should we drop medicine on the North Sentinel Islands?

vasipi4946 - 6 hours ago

12 by Mayahuel »»
19 minutes ago

» Do you like to judge people?

Thy-Veseveia - Jun 6

17 by Rndmguypassingby »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.