Forum Settings
Forums

Anime you really wanted to like but didn't?

New
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 22, 2012 9:54 PM

Jul 2012
Dance in the Vampire Bund
Strawberry Panic

I can't wipe my butt with the shreds of a wedding dress!!

Jul 22, 2012 10:06 PM
Jul 2012
Fate/stay night
Jul 22, 2012 10:08 PM
Jun 2012
Last Exile.

I really liked the art and animation, even some of the characters were awesome (Alex) but in the end I couldnt bring myself to liking the series very much at all, I didnt even know what was going on for the first 20 episodes!
Jul 22, 2012 10:20 PM

Dec 2008
Amaya-Kiku said:
Hell Girl- I thought it looked really cool and I wanted to watch it, but when I watched the first two episodes it seemed every episode followed a similar plot, and I lost interest.
Air- I heard it was good and it sounded interesting but after the first 3 episodes I just wasn't amused at all. I didn't get a single small chuckle out of it or even a moment of interest.
I know I only tried a couple episodes, but that really is all it takes for me to judge the series.

I also gave up on Air tv once, but then later I gave it another shot and it was one of the best animes I have ever seen.

As for me they are.
Vampire Knight Guilty- Normally hate that style of anime, in all honesty i watched Vampire knight thinking it was Rosario Vampire. The art intrigued me so that was the only reason I kept watching. I ended up being ok with Vampire Knight. One might say I enjoyed it. However, Vampire Knight Guilty was dull and a useless addition to the series in my opinion.

Fate/Zero-I have so many negative things to say I will only say the thing I liked about this anime. It was a well drawn anime. Probably because its budget was horribly horribly high and wasted on an anime like that.

Fate/Stay Night- Went in neutral. Was ok with it. The art was poor and it didn't really piss off religious viewers like the above did. The art however was terrible and the plot was mediocre. I honestly really tried to enjoy this anime. I just couldn't.

Bakemonogatari-Fighting with Mathematic utensils never did it for me.

Panty and Stocking-Sure it's slightly funny. But what else is there to like?

Kenshin (3rd non manga oriented season)- I recomend people who like Kenshin never watch the last season of this anime. It was so terrible. Just stick with the OVA's and wait for the Movie Remake (or ova remake, I can't remember which) to come out.

Zero no Tsukaima 3rd season- Honestly this anime should have stopped after season 2 in my opionion. Season 2's climatic ending was beautiful and heartfelt and could have ended the series absolutely perfectly. Then season three had to come and ruin it. The previous two seasons had quite a bit of fan service, which I was both fine with and enjoyed; but Oh My Goddess Season 3 had a lot of fan service. All fanservice and no plot actually. I very much disliked the creators for selling out like that. The fourth season was decent, but compared to 3 it was amazing, yet compared to 1 and 2 it was also crap.

Hurahi 2nd season- Should be obvious. The repeat episodes got me. Think I made it to the 9th repeat and just said "fuck it"

The only anime I truly, truly, hate is Code Geass. I want every single second of time that I spent on that anime back.
Fur Sure
Jul 23, 2012 6:32 PM

Jan 2012
Hakouki. I think it going to be a cool samurai show like Rurounk Kenshin but it turned out to be a trashy shoujo reverse harem where the guys have 'homosexual' tendency towards each other. It is so bad that I refused to put it in my list, even as "dropped".
---
Jul 23, 2012 6:54 PM

Aug 2010
TTGL..
Couldn't get into it, unfortunately.
Jul 23, 2012 7:07 PM

Apr 2012
Fate/Stay Night. Heard a lot of hype from thils. Wanted to get into it. Watched it. Didn't like it.
------------------------------------------------------------

"Time waits for no one."
Jul 23, 2012 7:34 PM

Feb 2012
Guilty Crown.

My friends all seem to love it, and I'm like here... blegh, can you even love any of these characters- ew.

but Daryl and Tsugumi were fine

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

Jul 24, 2012 1:49 AM

Nov 2008
Gintama for me, at least for now.
Jul 24, 2012 1:52 AM
Jun 2012
hunter x hunter 2011.. i ended up dropping that show after 2 episodes :(
Nov 26, 2012 7:04 AM

Apr 2012
Stuff like Cowboy Bebop, Kaiba, Tatami Galaxy. But probably most of all, as a bit of an Abe fan, I was most disappointed that I couldn't enjoy NieA Under 7.
Nov 25, 2014 4:01 PM

Jun 2013
Geez this is an old thread.

Texhnolyze and Baccano. Both I could see the goodness in it but I just wasn't able to connect and really get into the show. Ended up being rather bored by both of them, maybe a rewatch will help.
Nov 25, 2014 4:03 PM

Jul 2012
fma:b (at the most, i like it and i love the story)
mushishi
hajime no ippo (also, at the most i only like it)
fate/zero
angel beats
Nov 25, 2014 4:04 PM

Oct 2013
baccano, cowboy bebop - i prefer there counter parts durarara and samurai champloo
and gintama
Nov 25, 2014 4:04 PM

Dec 2013
Garden of Words. Art/animation of that caliber, and so little believability.
Nov 25, 2014 4:05 PM

Jun 2014
Monster and One Piece to a degree
Nov 25, 2014 4:06 PM

Aug 2013
Serial Experiments Lain. I really liked the opening and the plot synopsis was interesting but the anime really bored me.
Nov 25, 2014 4:06 PM

Jul 2012
Qans said:
Monster

i loved monster but didn't like 20cb as much :/ sad..
Nov 25, 2014 4:07 PM

Mar 2014
magi *Ill probably give this a proper go another time
shinsekai yori *I just dont understand its appeal
code geass *Ok yes its good but not a masterpiece
gintama *Get back to it one day
clannad *It was O-kay maybe one day :/
Nov 25, 2014 4:07 PM

Jul 2012
MissJaegerjaquez said:

did you watch it though
Nov 25, 2014 4:09 PM

Mar 2013
Kimi no Iru Machi, I think. I was excited to watch it at first, but it ended up being pretty mediocre.
Nov 25, 2014 4:09 PM

Mar 2014
mayukachan said:
MissJaegerjaquez said:

did you watch it though

well to be fair I didnt give it a proper go
Nov 25, 2014 4:10 PM

Jul 2012
MissJaegerjaquez said:
mayukachan said:

did you watch it though

well to be fair I didnt give it a proper go

by that, you mean you didn't finish it? :o
i think you should watch the entire thing to judge it LOL like it's one of those stories where it pieces together in the end
Nov 25, 2014 4:13 PM

Jun 2013
Qans said:
Anime thought of the week: The only good thing about Neon Genesis Evangelion was its catchy OP song

This is the best song in Evangelion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuRwRlicEmw
Nov 25, 2014 4:13 PM

Oct 2012
Tokyo Ghoul, I was very interested from the synopsis but the show was a complete mess. I'm not sure what they were trying to do, the tone was kinda all over the place. I honestly didn't care about any of the characters because they were pretty bland and poorly developed so none of the drama had any impact on me.
Nov 25, 2014 4:15 PM

Jan 2012
Fate/stay night

Nov 25, 2014 4:16 PM

Nov 2009
Fate/Zero
Gunbuster
Kaiba
-☾✩
Nov 25, 2014 4:19 PM

Aug 2014
Zero no Tsukaima

Nov 25, 2014 4:24 PM

Nov 2012
Trigun
Madoka Magica
Devil May Cry
Nov 25, 2014 4:28 PM

May 2013
Fate/Zero
Blue Gender
Tokyo Ghoul
Nov 25, 2014 4:31 PM

Apr 2014
Durarara - Liked the opening, and it looked pretty interesting.
I'm 9 episodes in and nothing really happened yet. :l
Code Geass - Watched season 1, but I've never felt like finishing season 2.
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
Nov 25, 2014 4:38 PM

Sep 2014
SAO - Pacing fell apart after the 3rd Ep
Bleach - Would have been better if it just ended after the first arc and stopped trying to grasp for straws
Noragami - I liked the last few episodes, but the first few were way too slow for an action-based show IMO. Too much of the kid emoing around.
Mawaru Penguindrum - Can't help but dislike majority of the cast. Doesn't help when they spend 2-3 min an episode on the subway-sign interlude and the survival strategy sequence. It was entertaining the first time, not so much on the tenth.
Nov 25, 2014 4:45 PM

Apr 2014
Glasslip - After watching Nagi no Asukara, I was sure that Glasslip would be amazing. However, although it retained P.A. Works' gorgeous art and nice music, everything else dissolved into a complete atrocity. Terrible- or rather, nonexistent- plot and character development made this one of the worst anime I've ever watched. Nevertheless, with hopes that it might improve, I dragged myself through the entire series. Ugh. It was a complete waste of my time.

5 Centimeters per Second - I feel like I probably raised my expectations too high for this. In addition, I don't think I've had enough experience to truly empathize with the characters in this movie, and that's why it was kind of a letdown for me.

Sword Art Online - It was great, for about five or so episodes. When ALO rolled around, it just spiraled into a madness of poorly-made decisions, faulty logic, and pointless fanservice. Characters such as Asuna had so much potential, until seeing Kirito made them into nothing more than, well, fanservice characters.

Ouran High School Host Club - Now I'm not saying this anime wasn't decent. It was definitely really funny and creative, but for some reason, it got incredibly boring to me. Some of the characters that were introduced seemed completely useless. Perhaps I need to rewatch it; it's been a while.

Kamigami no Asobi- As someone who's really into mythology, the first episode was enough of a disappointment that I didn't want anything to do with this anime. Ever again.

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Nov 25, 2014 5:02 PM

Jan 2013
Bokurano - I really expected to like this one a lot but it was so repetitive that I just couldn't care about the character deaths. That kind of shock factor just kind of loses impact after its 2nd or 3rd time being used.

Tezuka's "Phoenix" from 2004 or something. I tried my best to get into Hi no Tori but all I thought was 'booooring'. I guess it was revolutionary back when Tezuka wrote the manga but compared to what I've already seen, this anime version (which of course only covers an extremely small portion of the manga) sure disappointed me.
Nov 25, 2014 5:05 PM

Jan 2014
None.

If an anime is crap, it's crap.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 25, 2014 5:07 PM

Jul 2012
swaggahsaurus said:
Kamigami no Asobi- As someone who's really into mythology, the first episode was enough of a disappointment that I didn't want anything to do with this anime. Ever again. [/size][/center]

- insert obligatory "it gets better after the first episode" comment -

TheNaturalPerm said:
Tezuka's "Phoenix" from 2004 or something. I tried my best to get into Hi no Tori but all I thought was 'booooring'. I guess it was revolutionary back when Tezuka wrote the manga but compared to what I've already seen, this anime version (which of course only covers an extremely small portion of the manga) sure disappointed me.

Same. Hi ni Tori was lame as hell. Too weird and only one or two episodes were good.
Nov 25, 2014 5:27 PM

Aug 2013
Glasslip - I am a sucker for slice of life/romance shows. When I saw the preview for Glasslip, I was amazed! The art was beautiful and the trailer gave off that "we are going on a feels trip" feel. However, I was very disappointed. Most of the cast wasn't likable and nothing made sense. What a waste.

mayukachan said:
swaggahsaurus said:
Kamigami no Asobi- As someone who's really into mythology, the first episode was enough of a disappointment that I didn't want anything to do with this anime. Ever again. [/size][/center]

- insert obligatory "it gets better after the first episode" comment -

It does get better. Yui is one of the better reverse harem leads.
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Nov 25, 2014 5:28 PM

Jul 2012
waterfallsxo said:

Best actually. All the other reverse harem females (minus Ouran's) are worse.
Nov 25, 2014 5:35 PM

Aug 2014
mayukachan said:
waterfallsxo said:

Ranma is best reverse harem lead.
Sieg Zeon!
Nov 25, 2014 5:37 PM

Jul 2012
QuattroVaginas said:
mayukachan said:

Wait, Ranma's a reverse harem? What?
Nov 25, 2014 5:43 PM

Nov 2013
ZnT
Nov 25, 2014 5:44 PM

Jul 2012
Celestrial2 said:
ZnT

Funny thing is this acronym refers to three different shows
Nov 25, 2014 5:46 PM
Sep 2014
SAO maybe. A lot of people that ik likes it
Nov 25, 2014 5:48 PM

Oct 2014
TheCursedSage said:
Gintama... I've heard so much good stuff about it, but every time I try to watch it I get so bored...

how can people hate gintama? its the type of anime that comes once every decade

on topic: well i tried sword art online and it was boring

Nov 25, 2014 5:49 PM

Sep 2012
Grave of Fireflies was pretty bad.

Zetsuen no Tempest sucked balls.

Black Lagoon is really stupid.
Nov 25, 2014 5:49 PM

Aug 2014
Recently it would have to be Bakemonogatari. I enjoyed the weird romance in it but it just didn't really give me any chills or anything.
Nov 25, 2014 5:52 PM

Oct 2012
Lancehot said:
Parasyte. The premise is cool, but it's just another shonen power fantasy with a boring, whiny main character who seems to cry & moan about everything except losing his wanking hand to an alien.

This seems like bait because for starters Kiseijuu was serialized in a monthly seinen magazine so by definition its not a shounen. Its certainly not a power fantasy since one of the main themes of the series is Body horror, there is no way in hell I'd want to be in Shinichi's position. Also he's hardly whiny, especially in the last few episodes.
Nov 25, 2014 5:52 PM

Jul 2012
I actually like Kiseijuu's protag a lot. He's not whiny to me at all.
Nov 25, 2014 5:54 PM

Sep 2014
I second Lucky Star lol , its soo boring
Nov 25, 2014 6:02 PM

Aug 2014
mayukachan said:
QuattroVaginas said:

Wait, Ranma's a reverse harem? What?

Wasn't a serious reply. But female Ranma has some suitors. Akane has her harem as well.
Sieg Zeon!
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's an anime people consider messed up that has no effect on you

isseixkoneko - May 26

32 by isseixkoneko »»
28 minutes ago

» "The anime is better than the manga" you ever heard that one before?

Yuusey - 3 hours ago

31 by Zarutaku »»
30 minutes ago

» Underrated movies

JoeChip - 5 hours ago

32 by AJ2814 »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you love your favorite character?

Shizuna - Yesterday

14 by Maou_heika »»
32 minutes ago

» Is romance/slice of life the greatest anime genre?

Semester1 - 4 hours ago

15 by pk8list »»
41 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.