Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Mar 24, 2021 2:50 PM

Aug 2015
6/10.
My TL;DR would be: I like Vash, I don´t like Trigun.

Something that I have to say is that my perception of the series before actually watching it was completely different, so I didnt expected to get that much morality, but even then the ending is meh, and the whole thing feels like a contradiction.
Mar 24, 2021 7:02 PM

Aug 2020
The ending of the show was very enjoyable and sad for me knowing that we’re most likely not going to get a trigun maximum anime adaptation (which would be dope) and also knowing that it’s a low chance that we could get the fma treatment but the fight between Vash and knives was a great fight in my opinion full of emotions from wolfwood’s death and the fact that Vash used wolfwood’s gun to win the fight was dope to. It also showed how much Vash cared for knives even though knives put Vash through so much pain Vash was able to get over it because of the similarities with Meryl and rem (which is very similar to Kenshin and kaoru) but it was a classic gunslinger fight full of emotions and backstory’s.
Mar 30, 2021 9:48 AM

Feb 2020
Last episode was pretty good overall! The flashbacks and subsequent fight were pretty cool to watch unfold. I can understand people saying the flashbacks drag on for a bit near the end, but I personally didn't mind it; it fit the atmosphere well enough. Vash winning by the help of Wolfwood and STILL keeping to his ideals was a neat payoff.

Just can't help but feel something is missing about the ending though. Maybe it's because of the cancellation, I'm not super informed on the ramifications of that. Never seeing what Meryl wanted to say to Vash at the end kind of sucks. I feel like maybe a "Where Are They Now" for a show that goes from town to town constantly also would've been nice, but their mini-arcs were wrapped up so no biggie I guess. I'm gonna have to think about this one some more but it was definitely enjoyable!
May 11, 2021 7:22 PM

Nov 2009
Pretty good but that 2nd half is really rough in places and the ending is very unfulfilling imo. 7/10
Jun 19, 2021 8:28 PM

Jun 2020
mmmmmmmm ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 7/10
Jun 24, 2021 2:20 PM
Jun 2021
The flashback fleshed out their connection good in the most important moment. also the moment where they unload each others guns was rad.

In the end i was *verry* worried that he killed Knives and that he would have left the world with such a betrayed face. But everything worked out.

Imo an Epiloge would have fit werry well. :´-)
Sep 13, 2021 3:07 PM

May 2019
The story all came together so well (the history being tied in). It all became conducive in the end.

What an amazing show. It has everything: comedy, character development, an interesting plot and sub-plots, great art (for the time) and deep symbolism all throughout.

Truly enjoyable and worth a re-watch at a later point. I'd love to re-watch, not for the story but to catch all of the symbolism and metaphors I missed the first go round.

Definitely not what I expected at all and I'm very pleased.
Oct 13, 2021 4:09 AM
Apr 2021
Although the ending was rushed but loathe last scene of ending was amazing like Yu Yu Hakusho but give ending 7/10 good ending but not great and give trigun 8/10 glad I went back to watch this classic grown up with it
Nov 25, 2021 1:54 PM

Dec 2020
Nooo! I expected this one to be different (from first three episodes) but they're all the same.
Dec 29, 2021 9:13 AM
Nov 2020
This was a great watch. I think I'll try the manga next.
Jan 16, 2022 4:21 AM

Nov 2020
Finally finished this show today and I loved the ending though episode 24 was my favourite in the series. I loved all the themes explored throughout the show and it was a fitting end imo. I'm gonna watch the movie ASAP because man! the animation looks amazing. Let's see what the story is about.
Jan 24, 2022 3:22 PM

Apr 2020
My childhood right here, I remember my siblings and I staying up to watch this late at night
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Jun 7, 2022 7:37 PM

Dec 2020
That was a much better ending to the anime than I anticipated.

I actually thought he might have to kill again for the 'greater good' and finally break his code but I'm glad everything ended the way it did.

Now to start the manga from the beginning for a slightly different experience all over again.
Jul 13, 2022 3:49 AM

Apr 2018
Why would he spare him?
Vash is really ridiculous.
Aug 22, 2022 10:46 PM
Jul 2022
ppl be saying that Trigun is too slow and has too many comedic non-story episodes then proceed to go watch all of Cowboy Bebop
Aug 26, 2022 6:40 PM

May 2020
Trigun was such a blast from the past. It's been awhile since I last watched something from this era. It stumbles a bit here and there, but the characters and setting hooked me right from the beginning.

The ending wasn't extraordinary, but made sense considering the trajectory of Vash's character arc. It didn't feel very conclusive though. It's like, what's the plan? Show Knives that humans have good traits too? That's fine, I just wish it had said more about it.

I wonder if the ending would've had a stronger impact if it left off without showing us what Vash's decision was, and let the viewer draw their own conclusion? Have him point the gun, cut to Millie and Meryl talking about how he'll come back, then end with a wide shot of a figure walking into town. It was just a thought I had while watching. But the series had mostly resolved the "will he or won't he" dilemma already, so making it super clear that Vash stuck to his convictions works better for the optimistic ending the series was going for, I suppose.

I give the series a solid 8/10.
Aug 26, 2022 8:00 PM
Jul 2021
The Evangelion of Cowboy Bebop
Sep 19, 2022 7:21 PM

Apr 2021
Good ending to a brother rivalry. People died.
Oct 30, 2022 7:37 PM
Aug 2020
Well, now I can see why this anime is so loved and held in such high regard. It is truly amazing, its one of the best anime I've ever seen, and I'll have to update my top 10.

That being said, Vash's ideals are unrealistic and naive. I get it, getting over the cycle of violence, living under a rainbow singing kumbaya and yadda yadda, but that's not how the world works and we damn right know it. The most down to earth character was Wolfwood and it shows. I mean, damn, even Knives was more reasonable and realistic than Vash. So, what's the point of the story? Be unrealistic and pretend nothing bad will ever happen? It's almost as if someone wants to pacify the audience... but then, what do I know? Maybe I'm just jaded.

Anyhow, the author made a statement and I respect that, it's a great story with a beautiful message, and for a moment, even I, as jaded as I can be, want to believe it.
Nov 10, 2022 1:20 PM

Jan 2019
Love & Peace! Well, fine journey that aged okay-ish. More low (i am not a big fan of more comedic first part) than high moments, beside last few eps which were really decent.
Not my fav anime, but still worth watching.
Dec 8, 2022 8:01 PM

Jan 2020
I really wish we could've gotten some more moments with Vash & Knives throughout, and I certainly would love to see a proper epilogue. Especially because I feel like Knives isn't going to just wake up tomorrow and not want to commit mass genocide.

But, other than that, this makes my 11th rewatch, and, honestly, it might be a bit more than that. But, it's hard to remember how many times I've actually rewatched it considering it's one of those things I just binged quite a bit when I was younger. But, either way, it's still one of my favorite series. Now, I might need to reread the manga before the new series.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Dec 19, 2022 4:29 AM

May 2015
"I will follow my own way"

Good travel, Vash the Stampede.
Jan 16, 2023 5:49 PM
Oct 2022
Pretty mixed in the end. The battle had high stakes but was too short/rushed.
The flashbacks, while interesting, took too much time from the episode, making it feel rushed.
Also, here are some questions I have.
Why was Knives waiting out in the wilderness for Vash? Wasn't he inside some sort of water tube before? And how did Vash know where to find him? <-- None of that was explained or made that much sense. This also makes me question the whole point of Knives sending numerous disposable men after Vash if he just wanted to convert him to his way of thinking so he could justify his carnage.
The logic of "humans are bad" -- "Let me then do worse things to prove how bad they are" doesn't add up, nor do the situational circumstances of people becoming violent because of outside sources (lack of food, water, and resources in general.)

Overall, my biggest gripe has to do with the actual ending, though. I get Vash wanted to say true to his ideals but has he forgotten the man he's carrying on his back wants to wipe away all humanity? 
You can't force someone to change their perspective, so he's wasting his time as Knives already decided to save the butterfly (nature) over the spider (humans). With that being said, showing a man who thinks in extremes, the moral greys of humanity will reinforce his argument the moment something goes wrong, and violence becomes the only perceived solution.

The logic behind it hurts my brain. Despite that, the series was pretty good and did share some solid philosophical lessons. 7.5/10 
Jan 16, 2023 5:54 PM
Oct 2022
burbels said:
The problem therefore is not in Knives being the ultimate evil (although for humans he is totaly malefic) but in Vash failing to stand up for his (or Rem's) ideals in a way that would make his brother respect it for the start. Untill then Knives is in his right, as he sees it, and Vash only follows, babbling some foolishness short of running away, which he is afraid to do. Vash is (heart)broken and he realy doesn't understand what Rem meant, yet he believes strongly in those ideals. But belief is not enough and in the following years he will have to find a way to realise them, if there is any. Untill then Knives won't take him seriously and the only way to solve it would be to "kill the spider" which Vash refused to do in the first place and which is Knives' way. It is easy for Knives to see proof on his views for humans. Actualy, the majority of people we see colliding with Vash are morons who point a gun (or finger) at him shouting hystericaly, yet we know that it's not exactly a thing of nature but rather a lack of sense or purpose. A few have an idea and it is something that have to be nurtured on this unhospitable planet like that grove we see in one of ep's. Knives don't get the complexities, he sees only black, while Vash is clearly idealistic. But strangely, he seems to be more aware of the other side to humans, while Knives never bothers. We don't know if the species of Vash and Knives are realy superior to humans. They are just self-suficient, which humans are not. And seeng two brothers we might presume that they are not too different from humans emotion-wise and also imperfect as they make mistakes.
I thought Vash is finaly going to make a point and kill Knives and possibly die in the attempt. I kind of glad he didn't, surprisingly. And now he's going to bring his brother to people and make him live with them? And he will look after Knives and make him see people from good side too? Anyway, I guess he's going to be the "elder brother" now. For all his earlier sillines he finaly grew some impressive backbone. Seeing the shape Knives in mentally as he pointed both "plantet-killer" guns at his brother, smiling sadisticaly, Vash is taking huge risks bringing him to people. But at least he knows now what he's doing it for and what he wants.
I'm with you on that. It's a huge risk bringing Knives with him because he values humans as parasites which he's not wrong but he forgets parasites are part of the ecosystem ;)
Jan 24, 2023 6:08 AM

Mar 2020
Good ending. The edge Trigun has over me when compared to other anime of it's ilk is how likeable all the main characters are and how invested I am in the relationships they have with one another, which makes those 'life goes on endings' you see with shows like this especially effective in this case. Sad that the rest of the material for this series was never adapted while Madhouse had their hands on this, though I still think it's a good note to go out on.

All that being said, I've been a little disappointed to notice that this show really comes apart with it's themes of pacifism and peace on second viewing. This isn't so much because of Vash, but because a lot of the situations he finds himself in are pretty fantastical and difficult to engage with from a moral standpoint. The character writing for the people after Vash's head is also just plain bad in a lot of cases.

Just gotta mention that the soundtrack to this rules. I've been listening to it on and off over the past year, and I think it may very well be my favourite out of all anime. Sandy Planet, Philosophy In a Tea Cup, Not An Angel and Scattered Rain all floor me with surprisingly complex they are, and Blue Summers is the only song I think of as being fucking scary. Absolutely unfathomable to think that all the music was composed by one dude.

Never intended to finish rewatching this right before starting Stampede, though it was convenient of me to completely lose the motivation to finish this during the middle part with how hard it flew off the handle. Hope Milly returns at some point in Stampede. It would be sacrilege to cast her off in favour of some new character.
Jan 27, 2023 1:46 PM
Jan 2021
ever since episode 14 this anime has consistently dropped off at what made it good in the first place.
Jan 28, 2023 7:59 PM
Apr 2022
goated anime conclusion
Feb 21, 2023 5:21 PM
Mar 2021
Luta epica, não sei bem se era o final que eu queria mas estou contente, acho que vou ler o manga tambem pra saber mais coisas.

Como diria o Hariel, ''o fim é triste''. Comecei assistindo porque achei a capa bonita e continuei porque achei engraçado, com certeza esse anime foi melhor do que eu pensava.
Mar 7, 2023 7:40 AM
May 2017
It had it flaws and I wish the writer let us decide more on whether killing is right or wrong instead of placing his opinion. As the spider and butterfly scenario was well explained by Knives, a character the writer wrote himself that proves some time you let nature take it course. Killing is essential for survival. Overall, it was a great story and moral dilemma weren't always bad.
Mar 14, 2023 9:27 PM

Nov 2016
Esse final eleva o sentido de briga de irmãos a uma potência nova. Gostei muito da sequência de tiros desse duelo, me emocionou pacas.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"I’m feeling sentimental
Without you, my room is empty
I’m feeling sentimental
Feels like yesterday you were laying
Only a few centimeters away from me"
Mar 16, 2023 11:10 AM

Oct 2022
AHHH I don't want to leave this anime! It was soo good and I loved the ending, wish Nicholas could have been there though, welp, he was there in weapon form lol. The new one was a disappointment man, was really hoping they did it right but they didn't.
opin·ion
[əˈpɪnjən]

NOUN

1. a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge:"that, in my opinion, is right" ·

Mar 16, 2023 1:39 PM
Sep 2021
Outstanding excellent completion to the series!
Mar 16, 2023 5:47 PM
Mar 2023
Very outstanding story, character development and mystery/suspense and character development is really good.
Mar 23, 2023 9:57 AM

Jan 2021
This was great I liked the new ending visuals Vash is a great character and this whole series was amazing
Apr 3, 2023 7:14 AM

Jul 2013
I have dropped this anime once, because of the episodic format of the first half, but once the real story kicks in it gets a lot better. Vash and Wolfwood are such cool characters with a beautiful dynamic. I'm glad to have finished another classic anime series.
Apr 4, 2023 7:49 PM

Aug 2019
Finally got around to finishing this one. I started back in December a few months ago, and it's been a pretty fun ride, but it definitely had it's bumps. If I'm being completely honest, there were low points where I just kinda lost interest in this show. The fights felt a bit weird in certain parts, and that last gunfight with knives... Still not sure how to feel about it lol

Overall though I'm glad I watched this! I've seen a lot of people praise it, and I can definitely see why, but I can't help but feel like I didn't enjoy it as much as them. I am thinking of rewatching it at some point in the future, and who knows I may end up liking it a bit more then, but yeah. This was really good, but I feel like I didn't get as much enjoyment out of it like most people seem to. It's odd but yeah. Overall I think I give this show like an 8/10! I think I enjoyed Cowboy Bebop a bit more, but still liked this too!
Apr 10, 2023 11:07 PM
Jul 2022
One of the greatest conclusions to any anime. I love how open ended it is. Last moments are a bit rushed, and I wish we could have more answers to some mysteries, but I absolutely adore what this show did. 10/10 brilliant and timeless anime.
Apr 21, 2023 5:23 PM
Jan 2020
I expected Vash will use talk-no jutsu on Knives during the fight. Looks like that will be done after the fight but is off-screened.

It is a good series. But I didn't like the beginning episodes which were episodic. The story started getting interesting after Legato Bluesummers appeared. Legato is similar to Viral from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
May 7, 2023 6:37 PM
May 2023
hi hello helo hello hiii :3
Jun 29, 2023 1:08 PM
Jul 2021
Very good finale! I liked it!.
Jul 17, 2023 3:15 PM
May 2023
Vash of the stampede. if you know him as stampede vash you misunderstand. he's just a man who wants to walk his way.
Aug 14, 2023 6:01 PM

Aug 2020
This is one of the most striking anime series I have ever watched. The plot went to a really surprising chain of events and didn't stop. It's in my top rewatch priority list from now on.

9 bullets out of 10

Aug 16, 2023 8:08 AM
Apr 2019
Extremely underwhelming ending, its like Vash has learned absolutely nothing, lmao go ahead forgive a literal genocider.
Sep 5, 2023 8:39 PM

Apr 2016
Everything was going fine until he shot Knives and then it looked silly between his reaction and Vash's scream xD but then it turned a bit annoying with Knives just being basically a brat throwing tantrum, the russian roulette moment was great, though.

To think I started all excited to watch this because I had a midly positive memory of it from when I watched a few episodes as a kid :p oh well, the beginning was good, the latter half, not so much but hey, I finished.
Sep 9, 2023 3:43 PM

Mar 2021
I didn't like the ending, at all, for me, it ended on chapter 23. And the only two characters I truly liked were Wolfwood and Milly, Vash was determined to never kill anyone even if they did the worst things. Not to mention how he cried over random characters he met once.
bittersweetlove said:

I understand that Vash wanted to save everyone, but if he had killed Knives 1st he would have saved many humans and just killed 1. 6/10

You're totally right. Vash always thought there was another way, but if killing one person means saving everyone else, why don't even bother thinking about it?
031011Sep 9, 2023 3:56 PM
Oct 25, 2023 12:31 AM
Apr 2021
I enjoyed all this adventure like I never did with another anime in my entire life, it was a masterpiece
Oct 27, 2023 1:29 AM
Aug 2022
For me I quite liked the ending. I agree to an extent the sentiment of wanting to know more. But I quite liked how it ended. They way I understood it was that Vash could deal with the pain of being shot because he had been before... what i mean is that he experienced pain, physical of course but mentally too by living amongst humans. Whereas Knives shut himself away therefore never learnt to overcome pain (look at the way he screams when Vash shot him in the flashback, I bet that was the first and last time he felt pain).
Nov 9, 2023 7:58 AM
Apr 2021
Masterpiece of a show, worth the watch
Dec 9, 2023 9:23 AM

Jan 2021
Not a crazy ending, they introduced Miles way too late for me to be invested in him

Overall a series with cool visuals and good voice acting, but the characters are not that developed and story feels shallow

weak 7/10 because of the visuals and Wolfwood carrying
Dec 22, 2023 4:51 PM

Mar 2022
This was an incredible series, this was a thrilling ride for me, very light hearted to begin with but quite dark and depressing at the end. People have often compared Trigun to Cowboy Bebop and yeah they are quite similar in theme but I wouldn’t consider this being better than the latter personally and I’m not just saying it because Cowboy Bebop is one of my favourites but if I do have to quibble with it, it’s mainly just the fact that it was a bit slow to begin with but it did make up the pace almost immediately. The ending for the actual finale I did find rather satisfying to me I liked that Vash while he’s still true to himself is able to let go of his fears and actively make himself a better person by accepting that yes he did kill Legato but he also acknowledges that he can correct that sin and move on from what Rem told him to believe in, even him simply throwing away his trademark coat is basically his way of showing that everything that had happened up to that point is all in the past.

Don’t know why the flashbacks couldn’t have just been scattered throughout the episode, yes they give us an idea of what Knives and Vash were like when they at last crash landed on the planet but it felt like the flashback was going on for quite a bit before we actually got to the meat of the fight itself which was still awesome to watch. Anyways Trigun is probably one of the best 90s anime out there, my only regret is not watching it any sooner. I’ll give Trigun as a whole a 9/10.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kinda disappointed ( 1 2 )

Tomi3b - Apr 5

54 by SafeEntity »»
Jun 5, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

77 by LotteGiants »»
May 19, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

152 by LotteGiants »»
May 19, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

75 by LotteGiants »»
May 18, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

108 by LotteGiants »»
May 18, 9:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.