Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 5, 2016 3:33 PM

Jan 2013
moodie said:
cant wait to see ppl lose their shit when this bath scene is animated

if by animated, you mean still scenes, sure.

and since it's shaft, you can expect the details to decrease by 80%
Jan 5, 2016 3:41 PM

Jan 2013
Dab1za9 said:
TheNaturalPerm said:

SHAFT's unique days have long passed. Shinbou does the same shit for every series he directs.

He didn't direct anything in ages though.

Chief director for Nisekoi and Owarimonogatari.
Sure he has directors that work with him but he's always involved. Always.
Man it's been ages!
A whole month since Owarimonogatari! It's about time he does something again.
It's quite hard to find a shaft show without Shinbou as director or chief director.
lol you guys are talking bs

ayyyyyyyyy
NaturalPermJan 5, 2016 3:50 PM
Jan 5, 2016 3:42 PM

Apr 2014
TheNaturalPerm said:
Dab1za9 said:

Man it's been ages!
A whole month since Owarimonogatari! It's about time he does something again

ayyyyyyyyy
notice the term chief director

hey mr.idontknowanythingaboutanime tell me exactly whats the difference between chief director and director
Jan 5, 2016 3:45 PM

Jan 2013
moodie said:
TheNaturalPerm said:

Man it's been ages!
A whole month since Owarimonogatari! It's about time he does something again

ayyyyyyyyy

hey mr.idontknowanythingaboutanime tell me exactly whats the difference between chief director and director

He's listed as director for a whoooole bunch of shit as well. within the last year even. Mekaku city actors or monogatari second season
"It's been ages since he directed" my ass
Jan 5, 2016 3:46 PM

Apr 2014
TheNaturalPerm said:
moodie said:

He's listed as director for a whoooole bunch of shit as well. within the last year even. Mekaku city actors or monogatari second season
again answer my question, tell me exactly whats the difference between chief director and director
Jan 5, 2016 3:48 PM

Jul 2014
shuryukan said:
moodie said:
cant wait to see ppl lose their shit when this bath scene is animated

It'd be awkward if you rate this any higher than a 7, huh?
"Hi!"
Jan 5, 2016 3:49 PM

Jan 2013
moodie said:
TheNaturalPerm said:

again answer my question, tell me exactly whats the difference between chief director and director

So you don't have a retort for your dumb " he didn't direct anything" huh`? ayyyy
Chief director is above the director and has the last say. obviously.
Jan 5, 2016 3:50 PM

Jan 2013
ExtraCheeky said:
shuryukan said:

it'd be awkward if I don't drop this at episode 1 with a rating of 1. Maybe a miracle can happen, who knows.

I expect mekakushitty actor animation quality though.
Jan 5, 2016 3:52 PM

Jul 2014
shuryukan said:
ExtraCheeky said:

it'd be awkward if I don't drop this at episode 1 with a rating of 1. Maybe a miracle can happen, who knows.

Is Shaft like the bane of your existence or something?

Because you seem to neglect some of the quality things Shaft animates.
"Hi!"
Jan 5, 2016 3:54 PM

Jan 2013
ExtraCheeky said:
shuryukan said:

After I waited forever for kagepro to be animated and got mekakushitty actors? Yes, shaft is the bane of my existence.

The "quality" things shaft has done are average, at best
Jan 5, 2016 3:56 PM

Jul 2014
shuryukan said:
ExtraCheeky said:

ok i've heard enough.

that sentence just confirmed what i was thinking
"Hi!"
Jan 5, 2016 3:56 PM

Jan 2013
shuryukan said:
ExtraCheeky said:

After I waited forever for kagepro to be animated and got mekakushitty actors? Yes, shaft is the bane of my existence.

Madoka Rebellion in particular had astounding visuals; both in animation and art.
Jan 5, 2016 3:57 PM

Jan 2013
TheNaturalPerm said:
shuryukan said:

Madoka Rebellion in particular had astounding visuals; both in animation and art.
Movies typically have better animation and art.
Jan 5, 2016 3:59 PM

Jan 2013
shuryukan said:
TheNaturalPerm said:

sure but that doesn't make it invalid as a quality shaft work does it?
Jan 5, 2016 3:59 PM

Jul 2014
shuryukan said:
TheNaturalPerm said:

you're going back on your word.

u literally just said shaft in general in terms of animation is mediocre at best.
"Hi!"
Jan 5, 2016 4:00 PM

Jan 2013
It was implied I was referring to tv shows, and not movies. *cough* thread *cough*

I'm sorry if you're too dense to figure that out lol.
Jan 5, 2016 4:01 PM

Apr 2014
shuryukan said:
It was implied I was referring to tv shows, and not movies. *cough* thread *cough*

stop implying and start conveying how u feel with words
Jan 5, 2016 4:02 PM

Dec 2013
If you think that Monogatari is average at best visual vise, you need to contact your doctor to get your eyes checked immediately
Jan 5, 2016 4:02 PM

Jul 2014
and i was referring to shaft in general.

wat now
"Hi!"
Jan 5, 2016 4:04 PM

Jan 2013
robis798 said:
If you think that Monogatari is average at best visual vise, you need to contact your doctor to get your eyes checked immediately

ahahahaha that's golden. If you think the animation in monogatari is anything above average, you're the one that needs to get your eyes checked.

The amount of still frames, blank frames, monotonous color toning, lack of any actual animation in general, and apparently that's "quality"

ExtraCheeky said:
and i was referring to shaft in general.

wat now

irrelevant, thread is void to movies. 3gatsu is not a movie. You can't expect shaft to dump movie budget on every episode of a tv show.
Jan 5, 2016 4:08 PM

Jul 2014
a part of me is wondering how high are your expectations for SoL, mystery series where people talk for 20 minutes straight, another part of me is laughing at u for missing out those sakuga scenes.

meh.
"Hi!"
Jan 5, 2016 4:10 PM

Mar 2015
robis798 said:
i admit they are extreamly good at art wise (character design, background, theme, colours, ETC), animation wise, fucking no (remender the scane when hitagi punch the new silver haired girl in owarimonogatari).
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Apr 2014
im guessing this fugoshi poster still thinks shaft is stuck in 2009

Jan 2013
"sakuga" scenes

lol

a part of me is wondering how high are your expectations for SoL, mystery series

point of this is?

I rather enjoy SoL and a good mystery. I don't see what that has to do with my dislike for shaft's lazy animation and art
Jan 5, 2016 4:13 PM

Jul 2014
shuryukan said:
"sakuga" scenes

lol

a part of me is wondering how high are your expectations for SoL, mystery series

point of this is?

I rather enjoy SoL and a good mystery. I don't see what that has to do with my dislike for shaft's lazy animation and art

If you consider Shaft's art to be lazy and animation to be 'poor' (as evident you don't accept Shaft has amazing sakuga scenes) then I simply just do not know what to say to you.
"Hi!"
Jan 5, 2016 4:14 PM

Apr 2014
Kuma said:
robis798 said:
i admit they are extreamly good at art wise (character design, background, theme, colours, ETC), animation wise, fucking no (remender the scane when hitagi punch the new silver haired girl in owarimonogatari).
wait...u think that wasnt intentional for comedic reasons....
Jan 5, 2016 4:16 PM

Oct 2012
You've only seen two of the entries, and Bake was on a shoestring budget and still had some impressive sequences.

Jan 5, 2016 4:17 PM

Dec 2013
shuryukan said:
robis798 said:

ahahahaha that's golden. If you think the animation in monogatari is anything above average, you're the one that needs to get your eyes checked.

The amount of still frames, blank frames, monotonous color toning, lack of any actual animation in general, and apparently that's "quality"

At least you could you write without capitals or something so I could disregard you as a complete troll
Jan 5, 2016 4:18 PM

Jan 2013
ExtraCheeky said:
shuryukan said:
"sakuga" scenes

lol

point of this is?

If you consider Shaft's art to be lazy and animation to be 'poor' (as evident you don't accept Shaft has amazing sakuga scenes) then I simply just do not know what to say to you.

hindering an entire series' quality for the sake of a couple scenes of "better" animation is not my cup of tea, but hey if you like it ~
Jan 5, 2016 4:20 PM

Jan 2013
robis798 said:
shuryukan said:

At least you could you write without capitals or something so I could disregard you as a complete troll

Where the fuck did I use caps. Are you for real right now?
Jan 5, 2016 4:20 PM

Jul 2014
shuryukan said:
Where in the fuck did I use caps. Are you for real right now?

kek.

You're being a hypocrite. You say I judge if a certain anime has good art/animation due to a couple of scenes, yet you're dismissing an entire studio due to a handful of anime.
"Hi!"
Jan 5, 2016 4:22 PM

Jan 2013
Feaor said:
You've only seen two of the entries, and Bake was on a shoestring budget and still had some impressive sequences.

I'm only recall the scene with arararararagi, and that's hardly that impressive. The other scene definitely had nice animation, but again, hindering the rest of the series' animation for a couple select things is not my cup of tea
Jan 5, 2016 4:23 PM

Jan 2013
ExtraCheeky said:
shuryukan said:
Where in the fuck did I use caps. Are you for real right now?

kek.

You're being a hypocrite. You say I judge if a certain anime has good art/animation due to a couple of scenes, yet you're dismissing an entire studio due to a handful of anime.

Caps = caps lock. Or are you seriously judging me for correctly capitalizing? LOL

i'm sorry what?

are you bake fans all trolls?

(watch i didn't cap some words this time, are you gonna call me out on that too?)
Jan 5, 2016 4:24 PM

Jul 2014
No. I was implying that you used your grammar well.
shuryukan said:
"Hi!"
Jan 5, 2016 4:27 PM
Jul 2015
TheNaturalPerm said:
Dab1za9 said:

Man it's been ages!
A whole month since Owarimonogatari! It's about time he does something again.
It's quite hard to find a shaft show without Shinbou as director or chief director.
lol you guys are talking bs

ayyyyyyyyy

I am well aware that he is the chief director but the one who leaves his mark on the show is the series director which isnt shinbou but other people, compare the directing in Bakemonogatari(Oishi) with the other series and you will see the difference.

i mean he is credited for almost all shaft show there is no way he is capable of directing all those show.
Dab1za9Jan 5, 2016 4:28 PM
Jan 5, 2016 4:27 PM

Jan 2013
Your implication makes no sense, as it was not a matter of grammar. Thanks for displaying your intellectual inadequacy.

This was a good experience; I now know arguing with Bake fans is a waste of time.
Jan 5, 2016 4:29 PM

Oct 2012
shuryukan said:
I'm only recall the scene with arararararagi, and that's hardly that impressive. The other scene definitely had nice animation, but again, hindering the rest of the series' animation for a couple select things is not my cup of tea
How did they hinder the show at all? Were they going to spend time while Araragi and Hitagi were shooting the shit in the park? Its really not a show that needs a lot of sakuga but still manages to be visually striking and memorable through use of unusual (at the time) techniques like frequent jump cuts, dutch angles, art and color shifts, and so on.

The show has come a long way since Bakemonogatari in terms of visuals so I'd suggest actually watching it before making judgement.
Jan 5, 2016 4:31 PM

Mar 2015
moodie said:
Kuma said:
wait...u think that wasnt intentional for comedic reasons....
lets not forget the whole rest series. i don't said they are extreamly bad, but i don't see their stand out point either in their animantion other than some vary "rare" scane compare to their length. madoka magica even has less good animation even they are in fact has more action scane compare to their length. we never know is it intentional or not. if it is, i think it's even worse because looking at scane, it supposed to has serious atmosphere.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 5, 2016 4:32 PM

Jul 2014
To be honest I've been messing around with you for quite some time. But I've learnt that you tend to generalise a ton despite having limited information. Talking to a few Monogatari fans made you come to the conclusion that the entire fanbase is a waste of time.

Thanks to your behaviour, you've just further proven my point.

And yes, it was a matter of grammar. Due to your good grammar, it makes you seem like an intellectual user. But he said that the points you brought up were so stupid you might as well be a troll and use shit grammar like the rest of 'em do.
"Hi!"
Jan 5, 2016 4:35 PM

Jan 2013
Feaor said:
shuryukan said:
How did they hinder the show at all? Were they going to spend time while Araragi and Hitagi were shooting the shit in the park? Its really not a show that needs a lot of sakuga but still manages to be visually striking and memorable through use of unusual (at the time) techniques like frequent jump cuts, dutch angles, art and color shifts, and so on.

The show has come a long way since Bakemonogatari in terms of visuals so I'd suggest actually watching it before making judgement.

Lack of animation and abundances of still scenes. I don't mind heavy dialogue, but I don't see dialogue as an excuse for still scenes. The art may be visually appealing to some, but it does not appeal to me, and it is 'lazy' objectively. It's not bad, don't get the wrong idea, but lazy.

I didn't enjoy Bakemono to begin with, so I'm not going to pick up the sequels. Thanks for the genuine response unlike these other users though.
Jan 5, 2016 4:37 PM

Jul 2012
I can't wait until the Anime comes out! /sarcasm
Jan 5, 2016 4:37 PM

Jul 2014
shuryukan said:

I didn't enjoy Bakemono to begin with, so I'm not going to pick up the sequels.

You gave Nisemonogatari a 7.

the fuck.
"Hi!"
Jan 5, 2016 4:38 PM

Jan 2015
I like Shaft's anime, but Shaft's stile doesn't seems to match this kind of story. The salt it's getting made me want to watch it.
Jan 5, 2016 4:38 PM

Jan 2013
ExtraCheeky said:
To be honest I've been messing around with you for quite some time. But I've learnt that you tend to generalise a ton despite having limited information. Talking to a few Monogatari fans made you come to the conclusion that the entire fanbase is a waste of time.

And yes, it was a matter of grammar. Due to your good grammar, it makes you seem like an intellectual user. But he said that the points you brought up were so stupid you might as well be a troll and use shit grammar like the rest of 'em do.

Last argument before I go, since it's really irking me how you can call me a hypocrite for generalizing.

Not properly capitalizing on an anime forums=/=unintellectual.

I guess we're both guilty huh

ExtraCheeky said:
shuryukan said:

I didn't enjoy Bakemono to begin with, so I'm not going to pick up the sequels.

You gave Nisemonogatari a 7.

the fuck.

I went back and changed all my scores early 2015. Guess I missed one.
Jan 5, 2016 4:39 PM
Jul 2015
Feaor said:

ah I think Nise and Bake had the best animation in the series beacuse i don't remember scenes like this later in the series unless i am misremembering
https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/6031

and people need stop generalizing that all shaft show don't have good animation all it take is to contact a skilled animator (pretty sure they didn't do that in owari!)
and good animation director and they already have watanbe as regular.
Dab1za9Jan 5, 2016 4:40 PM
Jan 5, 2016 4:43 PM

Oct 2012
Dab1za9 said:
ah I think Nise and Bake had the best animation in the series beacuse i don't remember scenes like this later in the series unless i am misremembering
https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/6031

and people need stop generalizing that all shaft show don't have good animation all it take is to contact a skilled animator (pretty sure they didn't do that in owari!)
and good animation director and they already have watanbe as regular.

There is a similar bit in Tsuki but the art and especially the background art is a lot cleaner and crisper imo.

https://sakuga.yshi.org/data/95bec0eaad88f83a63c4db8004fdd98d.webm
Jan 5, 2016 4:45 PM

Apr 2014
woah is me look at all the still frames and lack of animation

Jan 5, 2016 4:49 PM

Jul 2014
shuryukan said:
ExtraCheeky said:

Last argument before I go, since it's really irking me how you can call me a hypocrite for generalizing.

Not properly capitalizing on an anime forums=/=unintellectual.

I guess we're both guilty huh

You literally just twisted my words. You knew what the context was, and how I used it. I never stated that not capitalising = unintellectual. I said that trolls often use poor grammar because they hardly try. And the key word in that sentence was 'seem', I wasn't presenting my in an objective way.

You're just ignorant because you're making a solid conclusion depsite having a lack of evidence to support your claim. I never stated that you were stupid, but the points you were making were stupid.

Nice to know that you're either making false scores or you just don't stick to your word as you've seen the sequel.
"Hi!"
Jan 5, 2016 4:52 PM

Jan 2013
shuryukan said:
sequels

yes I've already seen one sequel lol. clearly implying anything further than what I've already seen.

shuryukan said:

I went back and changed all my scores early 2015. Guess I missed one.

wow, someone's illiterate. apparently changing all your ratings after you've seen more anime is a crime.

it's also quite hilarious that you have the nerve to say I'm twisting words, but \o/

and yes, i went back on my word that my previous post would be my last argument. sue me
210125Jan 5, 2016 4:56 PM
Jan 5, 2016 5:00 PM

Jul 2014
I'd like you to pick out what words I've twisted other than me being a smart ass and generalising the name SHAFT, including both TV anime and movies.
"Hi!"
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» 'Mayonaka Punch' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

3 by Curiouswanderer »»
4 hours ago

» 'Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita.' Unveils Main Cast, Staff, First Promo for 2024 Premiere

Hyperion_PS - May 2, 2023

6 by oazuz »»
5 hours ago

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Unveils Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 28

5 by DafuqBOOM »»
7 hours ago

» 'Ninja Batman tai Yakuza League' Sequel Anime Movie Announced

Hyperion_PS - May 30

4 by Haneken2086 »»
Yesterday, 5:02 PM

» Voice Actor Takeo Ootsuka Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - May 31

11 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 2:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.