Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jan 6, 2015 9:08 AM

Aug 2010
normalpriest said:

she can Teleport, regenarate, stop time, create illusion...

And she still lost to Archer.
Jan 6, 2015 9:09 AM

Oct 2014
astroprogs said:

Saber forcing caster to flee would've been enough.

i don't think she would've been able to do that before the familiars finished off Rin and Shirou.
CookingPriest said:
Yep, as far as they know, Archer made Caster run for her life AND saved Shirou from the beams.

Caster didn't want Shirou dead.

normalpriest said:
stop time

that was never shown in the Anime iirc.
Jan 6, 2015 9:17 AM

Jan 2014
astroprogs said:
normalpriest said:

she can Teleport, regenarate, stop time, create illusion...

And she still lost to Archer.

Archer has ranged weapons.

May 2011
Shrimperor said:
astroprogs said:

Saber forcing caster to flee would've been enough.

i don't think she would've been able to do that before the familiars finished off Rin and Shirou.
CookingPriest said:
Yep, as far as they know, Archer made Caster run for her life AND saved Shirou from the beams.

normalpriest said:
stop time

that was never shown in the Anime iirc.

sorry i meant immobilizing someone

Aug 2010
Shrimperor said:

You realize how contradictory those 2 sentences are, right?
Jan 6, 2015 9:18 AM

Aug 2010
chickenonthepan said:

Caster was in close range to Saber.
normalpriest said:

I thought we established Saber's high magic resisitance.
or as saber from Fate/Cero puts it best: "Your magic ain't shit".
astroprogsJan 6, 2015 9:25 AM
Jan 6, 2015 9:21 AM

Oct 2014
astroprogs said:
Shrimperor said:

You realize how contradictory those 2 sentences are, right?

Does Saybah know that Caster didn't want Shirou dead (before he called her witch, that is)?
even then, what about Rin?
Caster has no problems killing her.

normalpriest said:

i doubt it would've affected Saybah
Jan 6, 2015 9:24 AM

Jul 2007
The point is that Archer saved Shirou from beam directed at him so obviously Seiba could too by anime logic.

Prove it that she did not want Shirou dead in the temple fight.
Jan 6, 2015 9:31 AM

Oct 2014
CookingPriest said:
Prove it that she did not want Shirou dead in the temple fight.

Why didn't she insta-kill him before he woke up?
Jan 6, 2015 9:31 AM

Aug 2010
Shrimperor said:

Does Saybah know that Caster didn't want Shirou dead (before he called her witch, that is)?

Yes, she just said she wanted him to join her.

Shrimperor said:

You think Saber (again the strongest in close range) would take more time defeating Caster than Rin (who can fire magic blasts)and Shirou can protect themselves until Archer arrives?
Jan 6, 2015 9:35 AM

May 2011
the fact that Caster is Flying and as such has an obvious advantage by the height and the fact that shen can manage to do illusion, doesn't mean at all that saber could have kill her

When Archer was at close range and hit her, she instantly teleport herself.

Caster has been shown to be tricky at multiple time. She could have exchange few blows and decided to kill Taiga in the mean time. Well... She was going to do it.

Saber has stats inferior to berserker, yet in Fate route she manages to exchange blows with him.

I will be honest, true, it was not the best way to convey it, but it's not contradictory in itself.
She has an advantage.
SephcloudJan 6, 2015 9:39 AM
Jan 6, 2015 9:38 AM

Oct 2014
astroprogs said:
Shrimperor said:

You think Saber (again the strongest in close range) would take more time defeating Caster than Rin (who can fire magic blasts)and Shirou can protect themselves until Archer arrives?

yes, unlike in school, There were ''unlimited'' amounts of them.
And Shirou was still injured iirc.
And while Saber would've defeated her, it would've taken longer because of own field advantage.
And you forgot Taiga, again.

Let'S not forget Archer had to defend only 1 Target (Shirou), which caster didn't really want dead, While Saber had 2 to defend and 1 to rescue.
Jan 6, 2015 9:39 AM

Jan 2014
Now VN readers are fighting with each other, really? XD

We should let this slide, for now.

It is not that bad. people could still understand if they put enough thought into it.
Jan 6, 2015 9:41 AM

May 2012
astroprogs said:
chickenonthepan said:

Caster was in close range to Saber.
normalpriest said:

I thought we established Saber's high magic resisitance.
or as saber from Fate/Cero puts it best: "Your magic ain't shit".

Archer destroyed her bounded field from the outside, then finished it off from the inside. If I was an Anime only viewer i'd still believe it would take time for Caster to set up another one.
She had Saber already, so she didn't have to bother with Archer for now, retreating was the best option. It wasn't Archer that defeated her then, she just didn't bother with it.

If you are talking about the temple, Archer pretty much surprised her by getting out of the Immobilized State. He was able to counter attack while she was off guard.

Both Archer fights had an element of surprise to them.

chickenonthepan said:

It is not that bad. people could still understand if they put enough thought into it.

We're bored till april, he's just playing devils advocate.
Jan 6, 2015 9:44 AM

Oct 2014
chickenonthepan said:

They are playing Devil'S advocate with the one who still has to read it, ie me xD
Jan 6, 2015 9:49 AM

Aug 2010
normalpriest said:
the fact that Caster is Flying and as such has an obvious advantage by the height and the fact that shen can manage to do illusion, doesn't mean at all that saber could have kill her

Again:
1-High magic resistance= no illusion would work om her.
2-A Caster class engages in close combat with a Saber class. It won't even be called a combat.

normalpriest said:

When Archer was at close range and hit her, she instantly teleport herself.

That was a clone.
A clone that was killed immediately before even begging to fight, unlike a certain servant that managed to fight AND stap Saber (Hint:not a clone).

normalpriest said:

Caster has been shown to be tricky at multiple time. She could have exchange few blows and decided to kill Taiga in the mean time. Well... She was going to do it.

Obviously. Seeing how the threads tightened hard the moment Saber approached.
Oh wait ...

normalpriest said:

Saber has stats inferior to berserker, yet in Fate route she manages to exchange blows with him.

They're are both close range fighters.
Saber would losem but not without a fight.
Unlike Caster.

normalpriest said:

I will be honest, true, it was not the best way to convey it, but it's not contradictory in itself.

It had the potential to be great, but it was ruined rather amateurishly.
Jan 6, 2015 9:53 AM

Jan 2014
astroprogs said:

Oh wait ...

Ok, so fix the CIG-ish string a little. And we are done? XD
Jan 6, 2015 9:53 AM

Sep 2014
Yup, cos we've totally seen Seibah flying ~.~
We've totally not seen her being crushed by nearly every servant we've seen so far.
And we totally know whether or not Caster's actually planning on killing Taiga. Really, you don't need much knowledge to know this

Save Taiga ----> Caster cuts off her neck -----> Taiga dies. -----> Caster can do multiple things and can kill Shirou in the mean time.

Protect Shirou -----> The chance of Taiga cutting off Taiga-s neck ------> Caster has no hostage ----> Saber fights with Caster for a while before Archer comes ------> They're saved by Archer.

I don't really find you problems. Or rather, their problems. It's simply strategic ~.~
The sun is a deadly laser
Jan 6, 2015 9:55 AM

Oct 2014
astroprogs said:

Again:

They still can confuse the hell out of her.
Magic resistance =/= Auto-Illussion detection.
Jan 6, 2015 9:56 AM

Sep 2014
astroprogs said:
normalpriest said:

Again:
2-A Caster class engages in close combat with a Saber class. It won't even be called a combat.

1- Illusions will work on her. That's not how any magic resistance works ~.~ Plus, we've seen from that scene where Caster creates an illusion of Rider.

2- She's not even fighting her. All Caster was doing was blocking with a shield and casting some spells. She was not partaking in CQC properly ~.~ So it doesn't even count.
Jan 6, 2015 9:57 AM

Oct 2014
mira-lala said:
The chance of Taiga cutting off Taiga-s neck

Plot twist
Taiga is a mage who can kill herself and revive herself after that.
Jan 6, 2015 9:58 AM

Aug 2010
Shrimperor said:

And while Saber would've defeated her, it would've taken longer because of own field advantage.

Unlimited amount means a certain defeat not an immediate defeat.
Shirou was injured? when?
No field advantage is worth crap the moment caster stepped in close range to saber.

Shrimperor said:

And you forgot Taiga, again.

Let'S not forget Archer had to defend only 1 Target (Shirou), which caster didn't really want dead, While Saber had 2 to defend and 1 to rescue.

I'm not forgetting taiga, again the threads loosened. She appeared to be getting free.
Look at my last reply.
Jan 6, 2015 9:58 AM

Sep 2014
Shrimperor said:
mira-lala said:
The chance of Taiga cutting off Taiga-s neck

Plot twist
Taiga is a mage who can kill herself and revive herself after that.

Amirite. You never know ~.~

But then again, the servants would be able to feel her prana ~.~

astroprogs said:
Shrimperor said:

No field advantage is worth crap the moment caster stepped in close range to saber.

Caster can disappear and create illusions. For all we know, that Caster fighting Saber could be an illusion, and the original could be at Ryuudou ~.~
Unlimited amount means wasting energy and prana. Dat's plain stupid
mira-pyonJan 6, 2015 10:02 AM
Jan 6, 2015 10:06 AM

Jul 2007
normalpriest said:

Did not stop engaging caster close range and caster did not try to fly away

Anime fails to show that.

That's not anime knowledge, does not count.
Jan 6, 2015 10:07 AM

Aug 2010
mira-lala said:
We've totally not seen her being crushed by nearly every servant we've seen so far.
And we totally know whether or not Caster's actually planning on killing Taiga. Really, you don't need much knowledge to know this

Caster didn't fly though, she went slash happy with Saber.
Caster was crushed in Archer's Attack range, She should've been crushed in Saber's attack range.
The Threads were ... sigh ...

mira-lala said:

Save Taiga ----> (((((Caster cuts off her neck))))) -----> Taiga dies. -----> Caster can do multiple things and can kill Shirou in the mean time.

Should've happened immediately. Never did.

mira-lala said:

Protect Shirou -----> The chance of Taiga cutting off Taiga-s neck ------> Caster has no hostage ----> Saber fights with Caster for a while before Archer comes ------> They're saved by Archer.

Ok... and ?
Jan 6, 2015 10:08 AM

Jul 2007
chickenonthepan said:
astroprogs said:

Oh wait ...

Yes. And add Saber's "I don't give a fuck about taiga" line.

And remove the stupid melee fight between them because NO, by this logic
Jan 6, 2015 10:11 AM

Oct 2014
astroprogs said:
Shrimperor said:

not immediate =/= long enough until archer comes. That is up to interpetation if they could've hold long enough or not, but i doubt that.
What i meant by injured is that he isn't 100% after Archer activated/opened his dormat Circuits.

astroprogs said:

I'm not forgetting taiga, again the threads loosened. She appeared to be getting free.

Getting free while asleep, sure.
While Ufo fucked the animation on that part (i don't even remember that it did happen), let's go with it.
Even if they loosened, doesn't mean she is safe, caster could've tp'd and killed her anytime.
Jan 6, 2015 10:12 AM

Sep 2014
astroprogs said:
mira-lala said:

Caster didn't fly though, she went slash happy with Saber.
Caster was crushed in Archer's Attack range, She should've been crushed in Saber's attack range.
The Threads were ... sigh ...

Nope, she was flying. Caster is always flying.
Yes, because Archer's arrows were homing on her. She can't stop them without facing the attack. Archer's attack range and Saber's are different. Like I said, Caster is flying. It hard to reach some one who's flying....Therefore she's not technically in her range. Especially when you're Seiba's height ~.~
I don't even know what the last bit means, lol xD
astroprogs said:

mira-lala said:

Save Taiga ----> (((((Caster cuts off her neck))))) -----> Taiga dies. -----> Caster can do multiple things and can kill Shirou in the mean time.

Should've happened immediately. Never did.

Because she was trying to protect Shirou, not Taiga. That's why she didn't activate the strings.
Jan 6, 2015 10:14 AM

Oct 2014
CookingPriest said:
That's not anime knowledge, does not count.

She Wtfbbqpwned Berserker in the 3rd ep...
Or do you mean the Stats part?

CookingPriest said:

I would've liked to see the reaction of newcomers to ubw to that.
Jan 6, 2015 10:16 AM

Sep 2013
CookingPriest said:
chickenonthepan said:

Not what she said at all. She said trying to save Taiga is hopeless. Don't know why people think this, but it doesn't make her look bad one bit. Just have her saying
"Shirou, don't play into her hands."
"But I have to save Taiga"
"We can't, she is as good as lost."

Then have Shirou look brave by refusing to accept that. How does this make Saber look worse?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2015 10:16 AM

Aug 2010
Shrimperor said:

not immediate =/= long enough until archer comes. That is up to interpetation if they could've hold long enough or not, but i doubt that.
What i meant by injured is that he isn't 100% after Archer activated/opened his dormat Circuits.

Up to interpretation then it is.

Shrimperor said:

Getting free while asleep, sure.
While Ufo fucked the animation on that part (i don't even remember that it did happen), let's go with it.
Even if they loosened, doesn't mean she is safe, caster could've tp'd and killed her anytime.

It meant Caster seemed to lose control.

This thread is moving so fast -.-;
Jan 6, 2015 10:26 AM

Aug 2010
mira-lala said:

Yes, because Archer's arrows were homing on her. She can't stop them without facing the attack. Archer's attack range and Saber's are different. Like I said, Caster is flying. It hard to reach some one who's flying....Therefore she's not technically in her range. Especially when you're Seiba's height ~.~

Flying as in not fighting at all and ... you know ... USING THE HOSTAGE.
Caster shouldn't even be able to take one strike from Saber. Flying or not.
The last bit was me getting tired from repeating how the thread appeared to be loosening lol.

mira-lala said:
Because she was trying to protect Shirou, not Taiga. That's why she didn't activate the strings.

Nope. It happened because caster was losing control. That's how it appeared to be.
Jan 6, 2015 10:27 AM

Jan 2014
CookingPriest said:

And remove the stupid melee fight between them because NO, by this logic

I don't see that as a problem, really. :3
Jan 6, 2015 10:30 AM

Jan 2014
astroprogs said:

I think that was an animation mistake. Ufo didn't do well with CGI in ep 12.

I think it is suppose to be that the string is about to snap Taiga's neck.
Jan 6, 2015 10:34 AM

Aug 2010
chickenonthepan said:
astroprogs said:

I think that was an animation mistake. Ufo didn't do well with CGI in ep 12.

I think it is suppose to be that the string is about to snap Taiga's neck.

I agree. And i hope they fix it in BD.
Jan 6, 2015 10:36 AM

Jul 2007
I hope they fix the strings, add scene of Taiga wincing in pain, add scene of Shirou's reaction to that and then the command spell.
Jan 6, 2015 10:37 AM

Sep 2014
astroprogs said:
mira-lala said:

Flying as in not fighting at all and ... you know ... USING THE HOSTAGE.
Caster shouldn't even be able to take one strike from Saber. Flying or not.
The last bit was me getting tired from repeating how the thread appeared to be loosening lol.

I don't even get this bit, lol.

Who said that? She's not taking a strike. She's protecting herself with shields. Because episodes prior, we totally didn't see Saber fighting a projection equally.
To me, it appeared to be loosening at first, but then it clung to her neck, so I assumed Caster was only THEN wrapping the strings around her neck. To me, it didn't look like it was loosening when I looked at the full scene :V
astroprogs said:

Nope. It happened because caster was losing control. That's how it appeared to be.

Nope. Whether or not she was losing control, we don't know how easy or hard it is to control the strings. For all we know, she was just playing with Taiga's body to provoke Shirou.

CookingPriest said:
I hope they fix the strings, add scene of Taiga wincing in pain, add scene of Shirou's reaction to that and then the command spell.

Taiga is asleep. She's not supposed to be feeling any of this. She shouldn't be hurt considering they weren't even tight.
Jan 6, 2015 10:39 AM

Jul 2007
That's why they should fix the CGI - they SHOULD be tight.
Jan 6, 2015 10:41 AM

Oct 2014
i went and watched the Scene again

What it felt like:
-Taiga's neck was about to snap while at the same time the threads loosened (Animation fuck-up)

-Saber was about to defeat Caster before Shirou stopped her.

This can lead newcomers to one of 2 conclusions:
-Caster can't be defeated without killing her master as Archer said in ep.7, so Shirou stopped her before Caster finally decides to kill Taiga

or

-Shirou is an idiot
Jan 6, 2015 10:43 AM

Sep 2013
I've noticed we keep saying "I hope they include x in the extra scenes"

It's become almost an excuse for something at this point - as if the 90 extra minutes will be dedicated towards solving what we think is wrong with the show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2015 10:44 AM

Oct 2014
in the end, they will add 90 min extra SoL moments

Oh, How Everybody will rage xD
Jan 6, 2015 10:47 AM

Sep 2013
Shrimperor said:

Thank you fans for being so loyal to the Fate series. As a sign of our gratitude, we've added 90 minutes of SoL scenes that were missing since we aren't doing the Fate Route. Enjoy!
Jan 6, 2015 10:49 AM

Aug 2010
mira-lala said:

I don't even get this bit, lol.

Yeah, it was a mistake on my part. It was supposed to be "The Threads were... *sigh* ..."

mira-lala said:

Who said that? She's not taking a strike. She's protecting herself with shields. Because episodes prior, we totally didn't see Saber fighting a projection equally.
To me, it appeared to be loosening at first, but then it clung to her neck, so I assumed Caster was only THEN wrapping the strings around her neck. To me, it didn't look like it was loosening when I looked at the full scene :V

Please rewatch that scene. Caster took 3 direct strikes from Saber before backing off to gain momentum, the she attacked Saber head on.
"but then it clung to her neck," No it didn't.

mira-lala said:

Nope. Whether or not she was losing control, we don't know how easy or hard it is to control the strings. For all we know, she was just playing with Taiga's body to provoke Shirou.

... Seriously?
While she was being attacked, She was playing with the hostage she just threatened to kill if she was attacked?
Jan 6, 2015 10:49 AM

Oct 2014
90 minutes of Saber eating sandwiches or I'm not buying it.
Jan 6, 2015 10:50 AM

Aug 2010
mickdrew_99 said:
Shrimperor said:

Thank you fans for being so loyal to the Fate series. As a sign of our gratitude, we've added 90 minutes of SoL scenes that were missing since we aren't doing the Fate Route. Enjoy!

LOL. I would be pissed but still laughing my ass off.
Jan 6, 2015 10:52 AM

Jan 2014
mickdrew_99 said:

It's become almost an excuse for something at this point - as if the 90 extra minutes will be dedicated towards solving what we think is wrong with the show.

Well, idk. But if they do thing right with the BD, we will at least have the impression that the second half will be great.

Btw, I already see no excuse for leaving out 90 mins of contents as if this is is just an unfinished marketing product. =.=

Oh, did you see how pretty FSN is? Now if you want to understand the story fully, buy our BD. muahaha. *insert a Luvia laughing pic here*
Jan 6, 2015 10:54 AM

Oct 2014
chickenonthepan said:
mickdrew_99 said:

Well, idk. But if they do thing right with the BD, we will at least have the impression that the second half will be great.

Btw, I already see no excuse for leaving out 90 mins of contents as if this is is just an unfinished marketing product. =.=

I see your point, but will it mean we have to wait until the BD of the 2nd season to see Answer in its full glory? That will be a huge disappoint if they add monologues in the season 1 BD but don't air the 'full' version of Answer.
Jan 6, 2015 10:56 AM

Apr 2014
chickenonthepan said:
mickdrew_99 said:

Oh, did you see how pretty FSN is? Now if you want to understand the story fully, buy our BD. muahaha. *insert a Luvia laughing pic here*

Based Ufotable sending us on the path to True Yuetsu.
Jan 6, 2015 10:57 AM

Jul 2007
nocorras said:
90 minutes of Saber eating sandwiches or I'm not buying it.

This is miura.

It will be 90 minutes of Rin and Sakura rolling in bed.
Jan 6, 2015 10:58 AM

Oct 2014
chickenonthepan said:

It will be worth it for laughing Luvia alone.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by oilapqoi »»
May 15, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.