Basic Mafia v4: Haruhi Suzumiya Mafia | Game Over - Mafia and Third Party Win

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (56) « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 » ... Last »
Jan 3, 2017 7:06 PM

Aug 2014
Kit said:
PentaFlare said:

Question about your read on Lucian, if you find him scummy based on the way he didn't fight much against the lynch despite saying 0x40 was town, how do you feel about the way Lucian approached the bursama train?
Well that first part of the question is really simplifying my stance since I take more than that into consideration...
I don't really remember him having much of an influence on the Bursama train, besides agreeing with it, yet not wanting to vote, but also not urging anyone to remove their vote to remain a safe distance from lynch lock. So both days were kind of wishy washy in regards to how he responded to the leading trains.

Looking through some of his D2 posts he both scum reads bursama and defends him which tells me that he had a lack of a clear read on Bursama. He didn't seem to be pushing other options though, just prodding Bursama further.

Logic argued to me that removing his vote to prevent hammer seemed townie but to me it just seemed like he didn't want the attention, because he didn't seem to care if others left their vote after Bursama brought it back up to L-1. Honestly though a townie would have reason to do that too, so that action ends up null I guess. I don't know Lucian specifically well enough to say whether he would leave his vote as town or not. He seemed to think Bursama was scum, so he could have, but he chose not to.

I don't think the post you quoted is actually a defense of bursama, but more a criticism of the way Sonata is approach their reads. Pre-flip association can easily be misleading and that is what Sonata was doing. I would be more inclined to believe that Lucian held a scumread on bursama throughout that phase, although I would want to here from him (@LucianRoy) to be sure.

If Lucian did in fact read bursama as scum, I would definitely say that him removing his vote was neutral. Scum could remove it to avoid the suspicion generated by pushing a townie so close to a lynch, town could remove it because they don't want a quickhammer or accidental hammer to kill discussion time.
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
Jan 3, 2017 7:07 PM

Jan 2008
PentaFlare said:
So you think Gruffin is too fixated and unwilling to look at arguments for the other side? Is there anything specific she has said that makes you believe this?

Also, it is natural to doubt your reads, but just make sure that if you are presented with arguments for the other side that you weigh the strength of those arguments against the strength of your own.
Yeah, it just seems incredibly unlike her from previous games we've played together. She usually agrees with me or says something like "hmm I can see that" or that she needs to think about it or something. So either I'm horribly wrong about Lucian or she is scum... is what I was feeling. But I'm not sure she would let it go on for so long like this if she really were scum, so maybe she is just really sure of herself this time.

An example would be this post, it's like she's trying to guide me into town reading Lucian, because she's that sure of her read.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . โ™ซโ™ช. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 3, 2017 7:11 PM

Aug 2014
Kit said:
PentaFlare said:

Are you suspicious of me? I've noted a few people have said they are wary of me (or think I am scum in aa-dono's case) but I haven't seen any case against me.
Mostly you are under my radar and I would like to get a read on you. I heavily suspected you in The Great Terror (while I was dead) but I was wrong. This time I don't suspect you so much. The end of Day 2 thing was just really weird. It almost seemed scripted

I still can't see Sonata as anything but scum for the way they manipulated me. I'm not going to push it right now though since I'm going to be gone for a really long time tomorrow and so pushing a case right now doesn't work for me (frustratingly enough).

If you think it was scripted though, try and think about what we would gain by doing such a noticeable trick if we were both scum. Risking two mafia members for the sake of lynching a townie who is already on the verge of being lynched and has given up?
Jan 3, 2017 7:15 PM

May 2012
Kit said:
Yeah, it just seems incredibly unlike her from previous games we've played together. She usually agrees with me or says something like "hmm I can see that" or that she needs to think about it or something. So either I'm horribly wrong about Lucian or she is scum... is what I was feeling. But I'm not sure she would let it go on for so long like this if she really were scum, so maybe she is just really sure of herself this time.

An example would be this post, it's like she's trying to guide me into town reading Lucian, because she's that sure of her read.
The difference here is that I can not see your argument. I've put a lot of time building this read to the point that I am confident. The post you linked was me trying to get you thinking from not Kit's perspective, but from Lucian's perspective and then saying what I got from using that method.

I'll take a step back from this and try to see where you are coming from though. I don't want to jump to conclusions on you based on a difference in opinion.
Jan 3, 2017 7:16 PM

Aug 2014
Kit said:
PentaFlare said:
So you think Gruffin is too fixated and unwilling to look at arguments for the other side? Is there anything specific she has said that makes you believe this?

Also, it is natural to doubt your reads, but just make sure that if you are presented with arguments for the other side that you weigh the strength of those arguments against the strength of your own.

Yeah, looking at that post alone it doesn't sit well with me either. She could show why the early posts from Lucian come from a town mindset, but instead she is trying to lead you into that conclusion. The simple way that post is formatted would lead you to look at Lucian's posts from a biased perspective if you did as it says.

I'm not sure if it is scummy or whether this is just another way Gruffin is trying to explain her read, but if Gruffin flipped scum, this would lead me to believe Lucian is scum too because of how she wants you to reach the conclusion yourself while spoonfeeding it to you.
Jan 3, 2017 7:19 PM

Aug 2014
@aa-dono I'm not going to be here for a good chunk of the day phase. I would really like to hear your reasons for scumreading me before then if possible because it feels like you are just casting shade on me without support at this point seeing as you have mentioned me as possibly suspicious twice with a good chunk of time in between and haven't provided anything to back that up.
Jan 3, 2017 7:22 PM

Nov 2015
๐ŸŒŸ Vote Count 3.1 (Unchanged) ๐ŸŒŸ

Sonata (1): logic340

Not Voting (10): Gruffin, Kit, Phraze, Oyasumi_Rosie, aa-dono, LucianRoy, Grapefruit21, Lord_Sithis, Sonata, PentaFlare

With 11 alive, it’s 6 players to majority lynch.
If a majority lynch is not achieved by the deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched instead.

>>Day 3 Timer<<
Jan 3, 2017 7:25 PM

Jan 2008
1. Like I said, benefit of the doubt, he, as town, didn't have a good read on him and thats why his behavior was like that.

2. Don't worry, my reads on you two don't depend on each other, but thanks for the concern. There's no reason for my read on Lucian to be invalid if you are town. And if Lucian is town, you could be defending him because you are scum and know he was town. How about that? *finger guns*
Anyway I'm only suspecting you for your reactions to me in this very argument, not because of the weak association I posted earlier.

3. Oh, don't mind that, I just meant to say you were beating around that bush instead of providing me facts. No need to be sorry.

4. If you are town it will show even if you make mistakes like that, so no worries ^^ I'm the only one pushing that particular issue. And it's more that you aren't keeping your story straight, and nothing to really do with the comment itself.. But perhaps I am taking it too seriously? Dunno what the others think about it.

5. I said "practically confirmed" as in a town read that is so strong that you have zero doubts.
So can you explain to me what is screaming "Lucian is Town" or is it just that post you provided earlier that I pinged Logic to?

6. This is mafia, I'm never confident in my reads beyond all doubt XD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . โ™ซโ™ช. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 3, 2017 7:32 PM

Jan 2008
PentaFlare said:
I don't think the post you quoted is actually a defense of bursama, but more a criticism of the way Sonata is approach their reads. Pre-flip association can easily be misleading and that is what Sonata was doing. I would be more inclined to believe that Lucian held a scumread on bursama throughout that phase, although I would want to here from him (@LucianRoy) to be sure.

If Lucian did in fact read bursama as scum, I would definitely say that him removing his vote was neutral. Scum could remove it to avoid the suspicion generated by pushing a townie so close to a lynch, town could remove it because they don't want a quickhammer or accidental hammer to kill discussion time.
Yeah, it's just weird to me that if he was pushing Sonata because he thought they were scum or something, that he would continue pushing Bursama as well.

I can agree on removing the vote being neutral

Jan 3, 2017 7:40 PM

Jan 2008
PentaFlare said:
Kit said:
Mostly you are under my radar and I would like to get a read on you. I heavily suspected you in The Great Terror (while I was dead) but I was wrong. This time I don't suspect you so much. The end of Day 2 thing was just really weird. It almost seemed scripted

I still can't see Sonata as anything but scum for the way they manipulated me. I'm not going to push it right now though since I'm going to be gone for a really long time tomorrow and so pushing a case right now doesn't work for me (frustratingly enough).

If you think it was scripted though, try and think about what we would gain by doing such a noticeable trick if we were both scum. Risking two mafia members for the sake of lynching a townie who is already on the verge of being lynched and has given up?
You could be right, but I still feel unsure about if they are just overzealous town... I feel like it should be an obvious scum tell but after the past 2 lynches I'm not so sure.

From what I was thinking, the scripted switch would look less suspicious than you simply hammering it yourself (since Sonata can pretend they didn't realize it was a bad idea but I get the feeling you wouldn't get away with a "whoops, teehee~"), and scum team may have been getting nervous about townies unvoting in the next 20 hours so they wanted to secure the lynch. But actually that plan doesn't require you at all, really just Sonata. I don't have anything else against you so I'm ok with letting that drop for now.

Jan 3, 2017 7:54 PM

Aug 2014
I need to sleep now and I have an early morning tomorrow. I might or might not be able to check the thread before losing internet access for the whole day. Feel free to ask me questions, but I might not get around to them until around 20 hours from now or even more if the weather turns real bad.
Jan 3, 2017 7:55 PM

Jan 2010
@PentaFlare what was your read on Sonata before the quick hammer?
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Jan 3, 2017 7:56 PM

Jan 2010
PentaFlare said:
I need to sleep now and I have an early morning tomorrow. I might or might not be able to check the thread before losing internet access for the whole day. Feel free to ask me questions, but I might not get around to them until around 20 hours from now or even more if the weather turns real bad.
Be safe on your trip.

Jan 3, 2017 8:04 PM

May 2012
Kit said:
1. Like I said, benefit of the doubt, he, as town, didn't have a good read on him and thats why his behavior was like that.

2. Don't worry, my reads on you two don't depend on each other, but thanks for the concern. There's no reason for my read on Lucian to be invalid if you are town. And if Lucian is town, you could be defending him because you are scum and know he was town. How about that? *finger guns*
Anyway I'm only suspecting you for your reactions to me in this very argument, not because of the weak association I posted earlier.

3. Oh, don't mind that, I just meant to say you were beating around that bush instead of providing me facts. No need to be sorry.

4. If you are town it will show even if you make mistakes like that, so no worries ^^ I'm the only one pushing that particular issue. And it's more that you aren't keeping your story straight, and nothing to really do with the comment itself.. But perhaps I am taking it too seriously? Dunno what the others think about it.

5. I said "practically confirmed" as in a town read that is so strong that you have zero doubts.
So can you explain to me what is screaming "Lucian is Town" or is it just that post you provided earlier that I pinged Logic to?

6. This is mafia, I'm never confident in my reads beyond all doubt XD

Ah, alright then.

5. Welllll yeah. If Lucian's actually scum I'm going to feel like a fool, lol. If he ends up doing something scummy, I'd reconsider my read then but up until this point I'm seeing town.

Here's a list of the posts I'm talking about:

These two reveal what his motivation behind previously questionable actions (And I believe them):
640, 616
And these are all gamesolving questions:
125, 207, 213, 283 (at the bottom), 288, 336, 344, 345, 346, 350, ....The list goes on.
Trying to work out others' alignment:
236, 239, 340

And I want to make it clear that I'm not trying to force you to townread/be biased for him. I guess I just got carried away with defending my stance. It's pretty late here, so I'll reconsider your posts against him in the morning to figure out how you came to your conclusions and we can hopefully work this out.

6. Truth. :') I remember in NnT Dead Club I was townreading Logic similar to the way I'm townreading Lucian here, but I was still super paranoid that he was a scum genius that tricked me. deadscum!Denja messing with me didn't help. ;-;
Jan 3, 2017 8:10 PM

Aug 2013
logic340 said:
Kit said:
I'm responding to multiple people as I catch up. I had a question for Bursama, so I asked it

I'm feeling Lucian because he seems to contradict himself often. But I'm not sure.
Can you give examples of where Lucian contradicted himself please?

I played mafia and was good at it.
"If you look for a ghost, you'll find one."
Jan 3, 2017 8:15 PM

Aug 2013
Sonata said:
logic340 said:
We don't know what the outcome would have been you cut us short by 20 hours on our discussion, which means that is 20 hours worth of leads you took away from us. I would say your actions are more pro-mafia than Bursama's were. This shit was not called for and if you are town you just set yourself up for a mislynch D3. So how is what you did helpful in anyway and why should you be pardoned tomorrow? Where is the townie mindset in putting your own goals ahead of those of the town? You potentially set us back 3 townies with this move so I really hope you are scum at this point because for lynching Bursama for not having the town in mind you surely don't seem to have our best interest at heart either.
logic340 said:
So how do you plan on taking responsibility for these actions?

First of all, sorry again. I was very afraid you'd all turn the train into someone else after I was oh so sure that he'd flip scum. I'm a terrible player and I've let my impulsive nature take the wheel disrespecting my fellow town members in the process since I wasted 20 hours in which possibly we would have found something that'd lead to us noticing that Bursama was not actually scum (even if he voted himself up), though I thought all we'd find is an incoherent mess and paranoid discussion. I made a huge mistake in my judgement, and for that I sincerely apologize.

Second, I'm not asking to be pardoned, in fact what I meant by "taking responsibility" was offering myself up for a lynch in case there were no clues to follow and to give you security of my alignment if anything, I was just that sure that he'd flip scum (almost as sure as I am or was that Soren is scum aswell), but alas, I failed at being a good town, so I might aswell be lynched if that will bring tranquilty to the masses. Something I will say though, is that I am not (in the game context) scum, although my move and my person might as well be so.

So yeah, do as you please, I will just follow your guys' lead and point out whatever ideas I have but not make any decisive moves myself, since it hasn't worked for me lately which is kinda sad.

That's it. @Pentaflare I hope you'll forgive me, personally.

This feels town, good on you for owning up, now make something of it.

I yelled at you because I didn't want to get Nk'd, (and I'm impulsive sometimes, a little).
Jan 3, 2017 8:16 PM

Aug 2013
and uhh, don't do it again *scold*
Jan 3, 2017 8:20 PM

Jan 2010
LucianRoy said:
logic340 said:

They really weren't kidding about your jokes....lol.

Jan 3, 2017 8:21 PM

May 2012
Ohey, he's here.
Jan 3, 2017 8:22 PM

Aug 2013
Gruffin said:
Ohey, he's here.

Ohey I'm here?
Jan 3, 2017 8:25 PM

Dec 2016
So I'm seeing a lot of people town reading each other and arguing over strengths of town reads on each other. While town clearing people is good we'll never be sure of alignments, so this is hitting points of diminishing returns.

I've been staring at the Votes for a while and lack of a scum flip makes it hard to get anything firm I have some thoughts from looking at it. @LucianRoy, @aa-dono, and @phraze have votes off in no where land. This is sometimes a light scum tell, hard to use it this time because of the quick hammer but all three were posting while it was going down so they were relative degrees of up to date with current events. The lack of a counter wagon makes it weak, but it is a pattern.

Second trying to sort out possible scum teams scum isn't likely to vote for each other when their vote is off in no where land so I don't see partnerships of Gruff/Sonata, Lucian/aa, and Kit/Rosie as particularly likely.

Obviously this is all pre-flip analysis and suspect because of it, but we have no leads other than the Gruff/Kit debate and I don't have strong feelings on it right now. Going to reread.
Jan 3, 2017 8:25 PM

May 2012
LucianRoy said:
Gruffin said:
Ohey, he's here.

Ohey I'm here?
Ohey we're both here.
Jan 3, 2017 8:26 PM

Aug 2013
Rt tho, looking at the events leading up to what Sonatta did, and taking a step back to look at the incident from a causal perspective, it wouldn't make sense for Sonata to fling themselves on the tracks as a scum sacrifice. The scum team is like, ahead anyway. Feels more like a natural mistake, and somebody coming to grips with the severity hammering people. Somebody coming to grips with pre-associatives too. It's not a dumb!town tell as much as it is more a new!town mistake.
Jan 3, 2017 8:41 PM

Aug 2014
Sudden realizations when trying to fall asleep. I am never going to get sleep if I keep thinking about mafia games while laying in bed.

There is no way that all the trains on day 1 were on townies. At some point there has to have been a mafia member with more than 1 vote. Was there anyone who had a few votes but they simply dissapeared when other people became more suspicious? Maybe RVS votes that stuck around a little too long? This might be crazy late at night thoughts but I think I'm onto something here. I'm not going to check on it right now but this is a suggestion for everyone as well as a note to look at that myself.

Also, I would really like people to consider aa-dono despite her small number of posts. Don't just ignore her because she is inactive so far. I have a reason for this that I'll share later.

Alright, maybe I'll actually get to sleep this time. Or not. We'll see.
Jan 3, 2017 8:48 PM

Aug 2012
Just completed first exam.
Lemme rest for few hours before responding to tags and everything else. Should not take me a whole day~

Jan 3, 2017 8:49 PM

May 2012
So anyway, I'm going to bed now. I may have gotten a little off track with the Lucian/Kit thing, but tomorrow I'll work more on scumhunting in addition to forming stronger townreads.

Aa-dono and Sithis are both pretty neutral for me, so I hope they've posted more by the time I come back.
Jan 3, 2017 8:53 PM

Aug 2014
aa-dono said:
Lemme rest for few hours before responding to tags and everything else. Should not take me a whole day~

Can you give me one quick sentence about why you think I'm scum?
Jan 3, 2017 8:54 PM

Aug 2014
Gruffin said:
So anyway, I'm going to bed now. I may have gotten a little off track with the Lucian/Kit thing, but tomorrow I'll work more on scumhunting in addition to forming stronger townreads.

Aa-dono and Sithis are both pretty neutral for me, so I hope they've posted more by the time I come back.

Here's a tip. Don't keep thinking about the game if you are going to sleep. I thought I was going to sleep a long time ago but I can't stay away :P
Jan 3, 2017 8:55 PM

Aug 2012
PentaFlare said:
aa-dono said:

The way you push others. Some people gets a bias. And that feels scummy. Especially since if you're town, the wariness towards everyone should be the same.

Jan 3, 2017 8:57 PM

Aug 2014
logic340 said:
@PentaFlare what was your read on Sonata before the quick hammer?

Pretty solidly neutral. Most of their memorable posts were neutral but I also hadn't focused on them. I'm still going to wait until after the car ride which should give me a break from the game before I try tackling Sonata's case again.

May 2012
PentaFlare said:
Here's a tip. Don't keep thinking about the game if you are going to sleep. I thought I was going to sleep a long time ago but I can't stay away :P
The struggles. >.< Must...resist...mafia...

Okay actually going to sleep now. :')

Jan 2010
@aa-dono (if not tonight tomorrow when you come back) can you give me something on your Gruffin town read?

Jan 3, 2017 9:00 PM

Jan 2010
Gruffin said:
Gruffin said:
Before we get into D3, I have a question for everyone to think about looking back at D2:

Who out of us here isn't providing clarity on their actions? Who's actions are causing confusion and discord among us? I think once we find and question these people, we'll have a better time figuring out who the scum are through their motives. Because scum want confusion, and town wants clarity.
@Kit @Phraze @Oyasumi_Rosie @logic340 @aa-dono @LucianRoy @Grapefruit21 @Lord_Sithis @Sonata @PentaFlare

I'm going to work on answering this question myself, and I'd like to see your guys' thoughts on it.
What was your answer to this question?

Jan 3, 2017 9:01 PM

Aug 2014
aa-dono said:
PentaFlare said:

The way you push others. Some people gets a bias. And that feels scummy. Especially since if you're town, the wariness towards everyone should be the same.

That's 3 sentences, not one. You must be scum! :o
But being serious, I would be interested to see your case because I know I can be biased and that's by biggest problem with forming reads on people. If you think I'm being biased then I might need to reconsider some of my reads.

Edit: that's 4 sentences. I can't count. I must be scum! :o
Jan 3, 2017 9:03 PM

Aug 2012
logic340 said:
@aa-dono (if not tonight tomorrow when you come back) can you give me some thing on your Gruffin town read?
Don't hope on it.
I'm mulling over the pros and cons of giving out townreads, and atm, I think I like it better if I only reveal my scumreads or defend townreads that is on the danger of being lynched.

I don't like townblocks. I have been scum in some games before and my team was in the townpile. We won and had a smooth sailing game. Kinda. Point is, if reversed, I would hate to be town at the time. That's why, I may townread someone, but I rather they don't know why I do so. This is also for me, in case my read was wrong, I don't want scum to use the advantage of me townreading them to uhh pocket? or something the term is

Jan 3, 2017 9:06 PM

Aug 2012
PentaFlare said:
Gruffin said:

Oh dear, I agree with my scumread T_T

Jan 3, 2017 9:16 PM

Aug 2014
aa-dono said:
PentaFlare said:

Oh dear, I agree with my scumread T_T

I wouldn't call me your scumread. That just leads you to confirmation bias because you see me first ad a scumread and then look at the support instead of looking first st the support to back your read. That's what opposition to agreeing with your scumread is indicative of. It is something you want to avoid when making reads because it is the easiest way to mislead yourself.

Also, I thought I was more to you than just a scumread. I don't even have a name now. I'm just your scumread. After all this time you treat me like this? :(
Jan 3, 2017 9:17 PM

Dec 2016
Finished my current reread thoughts on recent events.

Gruffin/Kit showdown: I come out of this feeling town vibes from Kit I like 1128 his point one is doing a lot of what Gruffin is saying Kit isn't doing trying to figure it out from Lucian's POV. It's a weak read, but as has been said several times after this night we've all been reduced to weak reads (unless someone has a bombshell they'd like to drop) and Kit is trying to flesh one out. Gruffin's pushback feels a little to strong for hey that's one of my town reads. So slight town points for Kit and slight scum points for Soren and Lucian.

Penta seems a bit adrift right now. Scum coasting or town flailing. Hard to say because town has been pretty weak this game. Leaning town flailing. Don't think I necessarily agree that a train D1 had to be on Scum. There were only four real trains after all. On x40, me, Mishu, and Logic. Maybe you could be generous and call the two votes on Sithis a train. Even then you have 2 confirmed towns, Logic (the top town read collectively I think), and myself (and I'm town). Could be a linguistic thing though and you mean anyone who had a vote period in which case yeah it's statiscically likely that scum had a vote on them at some point but doesn't help us.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts when you catch up @aa-dono.
Jan 3, 2017 9:27 PM

Aug 2012
PentaFlare said:
Also, I thought I was more to you than just a scumread. I don't even have a name now. I'm just your scumread. After all this time you treat me like this? :(
Don't guilt-trip me, dearest Penta who was sort of my teacher as well. ><

But anyway, if I'm worried about that bias, it'd be on Lucian since I saw him scum from Day 1. Yours were interactions I picked up along the way.

On that note, I better get my rest else I won't be able to digest all the other information from before.

Jan 3, 2017 9:31 PM

Dec 2016
EDWODP paragraph 1 of my 1188 was supposed to say at the end Gruffin, not Soren. I'm not giving dead Soren any more doubts about his town status.
Jan 3, 2017 10:01 PM

Jan 2010
Calling it a night.

@Lord_Sithis you got a lot of town cred and now I feel like your in the shadows.
@aa-dono see you tomorrow. I'd really like to hear your thoughts on EoD2.
@Phraze I'm very interested in hearing your thoughts on the Kit/Gruffin situations. What are your thoughts on Sonata?
@Oyasumi_Rosie How has your opinion of kit/gruffin changed in light of the latest information.
@Sonata same question do you still scum read me?

Jan 3, 2017 10:03 PM

Jan 2010
LucianRoy said:
logic340 said:

Kit/Gruffin t vs. t?

Jan 3, 2017 10:20 PM

Aug 2013
Oh, sorry, got distracted.

LucianRoy said:
Rt tho, looking at the events leading up to what Sonatta did, and taking a step back to look at the incident from a causal perspective, it wouldn't make sense for Sonata to fling themselves on the tracks as a scum sacrifice. The scum team is like, ahead anyway. Feels more like a natural mistake, and somebody coming to grips with the severity hammering people. Somebody coming to grips with pre-associatives too. It's not a dumb!town tell as much as it is more a new!town mistake.

Wow, I really agree with this guy. ^^^^^^^^^ +1+1+1+1+1
Jan 3, 2017 10:55 PM

Aug 2013
Kit said:
logic340 said:
I'm only going off memory right now. The progression of his read on 40 seemed unnatural- feels 40 is town from his early posts, likes my vote on 40 says im doing good work, feels less town on 40 when i asked him about it, then at the end of the day thinks 40 is town for a completely new, random/out of game reason in an attempt to save 40. Lucian's defense for 40 really tipped me off because while you/logic gave some well thought out reasons why 40 could be town, Lucian seemed to pull a reason out of his ass like he knew 40 would flip town and wanted to look good for defending him. Like, if 40 was used to 2-week phases, that would still apply if he was scum.

I like, barely defended 40. Saying it's possible a person who was practically inactive is getting Ml isn't an easy thing to do, but I did it, not because I had much to gain, but because I just like being lucky. And btw, if I had a solid tr on him at the time, you'd know.
Me gloating after he flipped town was probably ego honestly. If you think I'm scum trying to gain influence of something like that and prop myself up by distancing then I think you're about 90 or so feet off the bulls-eye.

Happened again with the Bursama vote, sort of. He shows his intention to vote Bursama then immediately unvotes because it's L-1. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember him having a case on Bursama, just not liking some of his recent posts.

I don't need a case to vote someone. My reason was good. Please don't downplay it fam.

In the end it didn't seem like Lucian cared about if he got lynched, just that Lucian didn't want to contribute to getting Bursama hammered.

If this is in any reference to me not speaking up about someone unvoting him for him to stay off L-1, then lemme explain. I assumed people would know how to handle a lynch target who put himself at L-1, "oh hey, well, it's not my job to tell people to unvote the person they're voting when he's at L-1 with 20 hours left in the day, I'm not the town's nanny," and then no one un-voted, and I entered the thread just as he got hammered. And not in the fun way.

If this didn't have to do with that, then I did care, just... not that much honestly. I'm not going to reason with someone who puts themselves at L-1. It's a waste of time.

I guess I didn't think about it causally enough like Soren did, dunno.
Jan 3, 2017 10:57 PM

Dec 2016
Vote: Logic340 the level to which we collectively have town read Logic is scaring me. The push on day one was pretty bad, but it's not like logic hasn't had a few red flags since then.

Logic hasn't committed to many strong reads and has coasted on asking questions and attempting to understand why people are making the reads they are. Which is normally town behaviour, but in this case Logic had a vote off in nowhere land D1 and jumped onto the fast wagon D2 at a opportunistic time. Both soft scum tells in a way that can't be faked by words. Hopping on a hot wagon with minimal reasoning is something I don't like.

Logic also posted a lot of fluff. Repeating questions that have been asked, and uselessly floating around conflicts like the Gruffin/Kit posts from earlier keeping them going at each other while not drawing attention to himself. Feels like he has been coasting since being town!cleared by half the game and taken advantage of it to push conflict and wagons.

And since it's all that's happening right now I like Lucian's read on Sonata and am subscribing to it myself.
Jan 3, 2017 11:00 PM

Aug 2013
Sonata said:
Ok, I got nothing. Gruffin, Kit, and Pentaflare are the only two that have ended up voting up the two lynches so far, and while Soren's behavior this game has looked suspicious to me, I have no way to prove that he's scum after all since him trying not to get the lynch on Bursama through might or might not be a fluff to save face after I said I had stuff to incriminate him for Mishukax dying. Out of the three, I used to townread Gruffin after day 1 ended, but now I'm honestly a mess and can't think straight anymore. Bursama didn't even want to defend himself either, this is way too weird. In #912 Soren's behavior doesn't fit with what he said about Bursama in #925, he should have probably tried to defend him more vehemently if he really thought so? Also #947 was written without knowing that the vote had bene hammered yet (the posts were seconds apart from each other). I agree with #998 still.

For the record, Mishu was the only one who voted up Kit aswell day 1. Penta openly said that he townreads Gruffin, whom I townread, though. I'd also weigh the people who voted up 0x40 more than Bursama, since his train was running fast without much delay...

So yeah, I've got nothing.

Soren flipped town, now go back to the lab, and try again.
Jan 3, 2017 11:02 PM

Dec 2016
@LucianRoy You're right that we can't assume everyone who didn't jump off the Bursama wagon is scum, that was just a mess all around and I don't want to read too much into how the end went down. The early part yeah and I'm looking back at who seemed the most opportunistic jumping onto it and Logic jumps out at me.

Also can you give me anything on the Gruff v Kit argument that dominated today since it was about you. Straight up loaded question: do you think Gruff is trying to pocket you?
Jan 3, 2017 11:03 PM

Aug 2013
Who tf puts a jailor in any basic setup known to man?
C R O S S B E L L ! ? !
Jan 3, 2017 11:06 PM

Aug 2013
Gruffin said:
Before we get into D3, I have a question for everyone to think about looking back at D2:

Who out of us here isn't providing clarity on their actions? Who's actions are causing confusion and discord among us? I think once we find and question these people, we'll have a better time figuring out who the scum are through their motives. Because scum want confusion, and town wants clarity.

Maybe me? A little? But that's just the way I play, and I'm not scum so...
Jan 3, 2017 11:07 PM

Aug 2013
Sonata said:
Gruffin said:
@Kit @Phraze @Oyasumi_Rosie @logic340 @aa-dono @LucianRoy @Grapefruit21 @Lord_Sithis @Sonata @PentaFlare

I'm going to work on answering this question myself, and I'd like to see your guys' thoughts on it.

Confusion = LucianRoy this game in my eyes. Well, and apparently myself aswell, since I'm pretty fucking confused.

Ohey, I was right.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (56) « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (*๏ฟฃ๏ฝฅ๏ฟฃ)๏พ‰ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.