Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 7, 2009 5:50 AM

Jun 2008
well after watching the last two episodes subbed by yuurisan, i have to agree with alot of the things said about the ending.
In the end i was disappointed, btw is the manga still being published?
Jan 7, 2009 6:53 AM

Dec 2007
omfg ! ><
uwahhhhhh ~ >< KANAME ! ^^
hahas . hms . but seriously ; i hope ichijou doesnt die ><
hms . but at least shiki is looking for him ^^

YAY (:
at least now we know that yuki doesnt end up wit anyone of them
if not sure would have riots ! ><

but i'm glad that she went off wit KANAME<33333333333

Jan 7, 2009 7:27 AM

Aug 2007
Damn this ending. Really. I'll stick with the manga from now on... The only thing that still could appear is an OVA, but nothing more. Action scenes were just ... short. Gao. 2/5, because she got that bastard of an Kaname on his knees! =3

@mrSmiles: Yes, it's still being published.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jan 7, 2009 9:29 AM

Sep 2008
Stupid ending!! I definitely didn't like it! how can Yuuki leave Zero and the rest of the academy like that?? what happened to Ichijou?? and where the hell are Kaname and Yuuki heading to?? aghhhhhhhhh I hate it when things end this way ><
bibi bubu baba
Jan 7, 2009 1:16 PM
Dec 2007
Wow, that was a real descent to Hell. One of the worse ending I have ever witnessed, I never thought I would see something that bad one day. It felt rushed but slow at the same time, there was almost no fight except for the biggest threat in the world being obliterated in less than one second (well, it has already been done in Chrno Crusade but it was on purpose and the ending was fantastic), the characters didn't develop at all and just chose randomly what they wanted to do (I didn't understand why Zero didn't kill Kaname, no explanation, nothing, he just lets him go...). Everything was incredibly half-assed, with no one taking responsibility to do anything, the dialogues were horrible and senseless as usual and on top of that, the biggest evil of the series is still alive and takes up the gift (namely, Yuuki), well it was just a very, very bad ending overall.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 7, 2009 8:45 PM

Nov 2007
the fight scenes were bad, if you want to call them fight scenes. the enemy was bad. the ending was bad. wth? how was that even an ending? what happens now? it makes me want to read the manga more than see a 3rd season. very disappointed. what does zero do now? wth was with the hunter association? this answered very little and gave little satisfaction...
Jan 8, 2009 8:24 AM

Jun 2008
what... the *crap*... was that?? Boo hiss, ending. Boo. Hiss.

Jan 8, 2009 4:58 PM

Feb 2008
The thing is, they dragged out the wait before zero fights rido, and when he fights him, it lasts for like 2mins...
Jan 9, 2009 8:24 PM
Sep 2008
I think the ending was realy nice, it was very deep and touching. By the way, this isn't a fighting-anime like some people seem to believe, the important part is the romantic one.
Jan 10, 2009 8:31 AM
Mar 2008
Christoffer said:
I think the ending was realy nice, it was very deep and touching. By the way, this isn't a fighting-anime like some people seem to believe, the important part is the romantic one.

idk man XD, the ending was far from very nice. i watched vk for the romance and drama aspect of it but the ending failed me, and failed alot of other ppl from what i can see in this thread lol.
Jan 10, 2009 9:09 AM

Dec 2007
It kind of feels like they tried to make an ending so they wouldn't have a season3. =[ It felt rushed. Oh well, I still liked the other episodes. I thought it was kind of a sad ending around where she left the poor headmaster (I love that guy, right after he took of his glasses and went gun ho olol). >: Not really good ending tbh, but it is something.
Jan 10, 2009 10:53 AM

Nov 2007
i just finish vampire knight G, well it does suck but i think there might be high hopes for a season 3 cause the story doesn't look like it has end at least not to me :(
Jan 10, 2009 11:24 AM

Aug 2007
I just hope they won't make another season until the manga is finished!
Jan 11, 2009 12:09 AM
May 2008
so... they replaced the kiss with a bite? why? WHY? i don't frickin understand.
and that... was a stupid ending. i guess because the manga's not there yet so they don't have a cooler ending to show so this is the best they came up with? come on! blah.
and that was an extremely SLOW episode. they even played the whole opening and ending. doesn't look like there'll be a third season since everything was resolved in this 'ending' and the manga has yet to reach this point, so this it it. blah.
Jan 11, 2009 3:06 AM

Nov 2008
Note: Beetween vampires i thing the bite has more meaning than a kiss...maybe.But Yuki were human for 10 years and Zero born human so it's other thing...not to mention

Zero why not killed Kaname? 2 reasons: 1 the anime Zero not start a crusade against all of the purebloods, 2. Most likely if he starts a fight with Kaname he would be killed within minutes(Kaname is the most powerfull being in VK, Pureblood even amongst the purebloods.Think about Alucard in power exept Kaname's not invincible)

The whole ending was seriously messed up...Kaname's crying like a bitch(serious loss of face...Kaname never do something like that), calm and "happy" ending in the midst of total chaos(contradiction...the Hunter organisation in ruins, the Academy in ruins and the Vampire Council no more...the whole thing draws to the apocalypse)
Anime-manga difference:

So the whole end totaly messed up! Until the 12th episode the whole story nicely followed the manga but in the end it's totaly soaped.
Jan 11, 2009 11:27 AM
Oct 2008
This was the episode to end the second season (and possibly the whole series?) and I'm left feeling...nothing. I loved season one and I enjoyed some of Guilty, yet now it has been ruined for me.

I can handle anime straying from the manga but WTF was this? Really. I don't feel like any kind of resolution has been made. Yuuki drinking Zero's blood for me was a cop-out. If he had been made to speak about his feelings it might have been a little better. But Yuuki instead figured it out from his memories. And she didn't really respond to it. The closest she came was by saying she'd be waiting to be killed by him. -___- That remark held no weight and no finality.

I was never a fan of Yuuki ending up with Kaname but Kaname still managed to disappoint. When Yuuki came with her suitcase, he was surprised. He was going to let her do what she wanted to do. I understand the supposed sincerity of it, but it goes against the nature that had been created for him before. I expected him to fight for his woman one last time.

Kaname's three 'pieces' followed him, wasn't quite expecting that. I wasn't a fan of the comedy in the scene. It was a last attempt to end the anime on a good note, but it just didn't pull through for me. :/ Lastly, what in the world happened to Ichijou? And where are Shiki and Rima going exactly? Amidst the rubble? That was left open-ended on purpose, I assume. But as much as I loved Vampire Knight, I'm not sure I'd be looking forward to a season three.
Jan 11, 2009 11:41 AM

Nov 2008
Just some toughts:
Ichijou was eaten by Zero to get back most of his powers...cuz if in a vampire hunter family twins born then the power splits beetween them...and Ichijou already dying and Zero too from the anti-vampire shot so even if he don't want to do this he must do this to Ichijou.

Rima and Shiki? Somewhere...the whole word is in chaos no one can guess(exept Kaname) what's gona happen...the thing that were more hillarious is the unnatural calmness after all this...the whole world in chaos but the Cross Academy almost totly calm...funny.
As i said in my past post Kaname become some whining bitch with that overemotional scene...totally out of character. As like Zero to remain totaly sane from that unnaturaly much power for a human being...
So this ending were crap...
Jan 14, 2009 7:21 PM

Aug 2007
What just happened? That was the last episode? Seriously? I had this rated at an 8 before the last episode then...

Seriously, wtf. The fight with Rido lasted all of like 5 seconds. Though that wasn't even a fight to be fair.

Whatever. VKG gets a 6/10 from me.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Jan 15, 2009 3:50 AM

Nov 2008
Why were the whole fighting short?
vampire hunter empowered with Yuuki's and Kaname's(the most powerfull vampire ever lived) blood equiped with a powerfull anti-vampire weapon. That were Zero while Rido's just a strong pureblood. That's why: Zero >>>Rido.
And one other tought why it's lasted that short: it's not a fighting shounen anime. With the fighting that short they can focus on other things(another thing that the other things were fail too)
Jan 17, 2009 12:17 PM
Aug 2008
Man that was sad....seeing Zero at the end. Remembering Yuuki. That was painful to watch.
And I will NEVER understand Kaname. I try so hard but I just cant. I know he cares for her but it just feels so wrong. With Zero it feels right. But I'm so mad at him and mad at Yuuki for drinking his blood.

And how come ppl are saying its not the last episode. Isn't it?
The manga only has 10 vol.

Jan 17, 2009 3:36 PM

Nov 2008
It IS the last episode but most probably not the last season of the VK anime...maybe 1 year skip for cuz the waiting for manga.
And what's the problem with Kaname?(exept his uncarachteristic crying scene)
Jan 20, 2009 6:45 AM

Jan 2009
I agree with the masses here, terrible, terrible ending. I dropped the series a point based solely on the last episode. How do you have the climactic battle scene, of the entire series not just the episode, last 10 seconds? Definitely seems like they left the ending open to a possible 3rd season with Zero trying to hunt them down (never read the manga so I have no idea what the real progression is), guess we'll see.
Jan 20, 2009 8:24 PM

Jul 2008
what terrible ending...it fucked up..
Jan 20, 2009 9:00 PM

Sep 2008

Well, her drinking his blood was pretty good. But still, they left out some of the best stuff...
& "I'll be waiting"? She'll be waiting for him to kill her? Um...okay. :/
I mean, seriously, even if I wasn't a reader of the manga that would have been a crap ending. I mean, they left out all the fights except for Rido and Zero's and even that only lasted 5 seconds -__-
And then Yuuki just runs off with Kaname and says she'll be waiting for Zero to kill her... -.-
Jan 21, 2009 4:18 AM

Dec 2008
It was terrible ending. I couldn't understand it at all.

Zero : I'll find you and kill you someday.
Yuuki: I'll be waiting.

I mean, what the hell is this! Is she going to wait Zero to kill her? Do they really want me to believe that? :D
Jan 21, 2009 6:11 AM

Jan 2009
I think it's more like she'll be waiting to battle him when he comes for her as opposed to I'm just going to stand here and wait for you to shoot me.
Jan 22, 2009 1:48 PM

Nov 2007
Fuck this shit. I don't think i've never been so disappointed in any anime before. And that says allot.

"Sanity is overrated."
Jan 23, 2009 12:44 AM

Jun 2006
Man. I knew there was going to be an open-ending. >< I just knew it.

The fighting was so short I agree DX

I was rooting for ZeroxYuki at that balcony part, but nooo ;o;

Blahhh. >o<

Well at least we still have the manga...
Jan 29, 2009 11:07 PM
Mar 2008
That was messed up and confusing. After that all my opinions of each character changed for the worst, except for Rima. I want more Rima.
Jan 30, 2009 5:02 PM

Mar 2008
Personally, I'm just glad it's finally over. :/
Jan 31, 2009 8:25 PM

Aug 2008
lonehunter88 said:
wat the heck was that??? becoz of this episode, i've lowered the rating to 7
this is sooooo disappointing.. it was a very very bad ending..
the bastard didn't even last 1 minute and not even 5 secs in front of zero, for goodness' sake.. i can't even come to think that it's really the Rido who took away Haruka and Juri's firstborn and also killed Haruka..
they chose to focus on the mushy mushy and very annoying slow-paced yuuki harems than the battles..

reference to manga

Didn't really went through much of your spoiler tag, but if they did miss alot of fighting scenes and other relevant content, than I'm defenetely going to read the manga.
I'm giving this season a rating of 7. Why? I think that the first season was way better.
Also, I'm somewhat dissapointed on the plot pace and the overall story of season 2 (I felt it too random, if you know what I mean). The manga seems awesome though, so I'll look forward to reading it soon. Oh ya, the OSTs were nice though.
I'm not excited if there's ever going to be a third season, but I'll probably end up watching it anyway.
Feb 2, 2009 5:34 PM

Oct 2008
Just why did it have to be different from the manga? I'm really disappointed. -_-"
Feb 4, 2009 2:01 AM

Sep 2008
Damn That. I hope there will be a season 3 That bitch left Zero alone I hope Zero kills both of them. I wanted him to kill Kaname but he didn't. Damn! *Waits for season 3*

(She actually left the school. Yuuki is selfish FACT!)
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Feb 6, 2009 11:15 AM

Apr 2008
I think this ending wasn't really that bad. I haven't read the manga,nor will I ever start reading manga online,but I think this wasn't to bad at all. I'm glad she went with her brother,afterall,how could Yuki get along with Zero anyway after becoming a vampire again,since he hates them so much. part from that I guess most of those that's watched it,hoped/thought that they would be together. Also, with tihs kind of ending,it leaves you with a chance to think of a continuuing sotry on your own.will Zero actually kill them or not? The story in this anime was something I found out of the ordinary,and the entire serie got my interest through all 13 episodes both 1st and 2nd season,wich I struggle finding in the anime out there. 10/10 from me.
Feb 6, 2009 12:52 PM

Dec 2008
Is there going to be season 3?
Feb 7, 2009 12:26 AM

Nov 2008
most propably cuz the popularrity...but we have to wait at least for a year before it's even annouced(cause the manga just few chapters away from the end of the 2nd season)
Feb 7, 2009 4:17 AM

Apr 2008
very anti climatic episode, the entire series built up to a 5 second fight and a completely obvious ending, i still don't like the incest of it all :/

Feb 7, 2009 4:36 PM

Nov 2008
Who cares about incest beetween non-humans?Because they're not humans they're bound to think otherwise in some areas...not to mention that Kaname is not exactly her brother, because the kaname now is the ancestor of the vampires...the founder of Kuran family...(perhaps in body he is Yuuki's brother...or i am not sure.)
Feb 11, 2009 3:08 AM

Oct 2008
gogoulo said:
it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be...they didn't ruin the manga but still i wished

me tooo. ;_;

I finnaly watched all eps and this season was more interesting then the 1st one. :]
Feb 15, 2009 12:20 PM
Dec 2008
ok WTF was this ending???
i mean it was good until the end
zero SHOULD HAVE JUST KILLED THE F OUT OF KANAME AFTER HE KILLED RIDO
i mean WTF...kaname shouldve died and died and died
and its soooo bad how yuuki chooses kaname over zero...
why cant she see how zero feels????i felt so sad for zero...he was always there trying to help her and even devoted his life for her...and yet yuuki chooses kaname...wow..shes so selfish, going for her love who only cause her pain...screw teh part about i dont care if u hurt me for 10 yrs...shes messed up ppl
i really hope season 3 comes out.altho ending was bad, the rest of the series was a masterpiece.hopefully in season 3, yuuki leaves kaname and goes for zero.and hopefully, kaname gets killed
Feb 16, 2009 3:22 PM
Jul 2008
As always zero bears the brunt it all. I still can t help but see kaname's manipulative abilities as talent other that curse. Yuuki ended up doing what she always does... things i just do not understand....

The ending I think is alright if an d only if it is justified by a 3rd season. A lot more needs to be done with the plot for it to make sense. Some people are still missing (elders council head and his grandson), many people still have unfinished busiess with each other (yuuki, kaname, zero), there are feelings that still have not eing dealth with. So even if the end so far is okey it is still rather incomplete.

All in all it was a great show that would definitly rank 9/10

Feb 18, 2009 2:55 AM

Jan 2009
I really loved the whole premises of Vampire Knight, especially the manga version. I also really liked the first season of the anime. Now that VK Guilty has come to an end, my thoughts on it is quite mixed. It did not live up to my expectations in the grandeux fashion I envisioned, and did not live up to its original manga conterpart.

The ending is felt weak in comparison to the rest of the series in that it does not feel complete and is not as satisfiying as the earlier episodes (especially the 1st season) promised it to be. It's a shame the full potential of the anime didn't execute in the ending nicely as it should have. Questions I had hoped would be answered left hanging, and the ending brought up yet more questions.. let's see...

Throughout the whole series everyone feared for Rido's return and Rido (the he-who-must-not-be-named person of the series) died in one shot.. Are you kidding me? The fight sequence in the manga was much more epic - why was it changed? All those episodes of suspense... of waiting... for nothing? Wasn't Rido supposed to be a deux ex machina villain? It would have been better if the ending was stretched over 2 episodes instead of one, so that the "epicness" of the ending could be felt. Instead, it felt quite rushed with Rido dying in a pathetic way and all threats thus dissolving just like that - definitely not the epic ending I thought it would be. Very dissapointing.

I wish there were more developement to the whole Yuki x Kaname x Zero triangle (more Kaname x Zero maybe lol). I know it is natural for Yuki to end up with Kaname since that's kind of like their fate from when they were young and well, she loves him.. It's just.. Kaname seems to be too manipulative - he basically used Zero and threw him away once he accomplished his goal, not mentioning also taking Yuki with him; Him saying his other vampire friends were pawns was also kind of sad. Good thing he's more mentally stable than Zero - but one can see why Zero's the way he is - he simply suffered too much. In the end, it seems like all the burden was placed on Zero to get rid of Rido.It would have been an interesting turn if Yuki ended up with Zero. Yes, Yuki x Kaname is definitely fated, but does she not care about Zero's feelings for her? Does she not even love Zero one bit? Is her time with Zero really irrelevent once she became a vampire again? Through her time with Zero, she experienced humanity. And I'm thinking a core part of the reason for the existance of Cross Academy is for humans and vampires to co-exist together so that vampires can experience humanity, instead of their cold and ruthless level system, where your fate is decided by your rank. That said, I really wanted to see more Yuki x Zero, their relationship was quite special. Unfortunately their affairs ended in a sad farewell. I feel sorry for Zero :( he genuinely care for Yuki, but now she's going to abandon him when he is so vulnerable? That's kind of selfish and heartless. No wonder Zero hates vampires, he probably thinks he was played and used as a tool by all of them. On the other hand, this opens up new possibilities about what is going to happen next.

Conclusion confusion: I'm confused over the whole "Zero will kill Yuki sometime in the future deal", since it wasn't explained properly in the anime. Getting revenge on her for choosing Kaname over Zero? Other questions: Is Ichijou dead or alive? What is the fate of Cross Academy? Where are Kaname and co. going? What is Zero going to do, now that Yuki's not around anymore? These unanswered questions looks like signs for a new season. Hmm, I wonder if they will make a third season to answer all that...

All in all, the 2nd season of Vampire Knights started really well but ended on a not as spectacular fashion. I expected much more for such an anticipated episode. I wished there were more. I really did.

Oh well, despite the dissapointingly executed ending, I still LOVE Vampire Knight as a series. It was truly brilliant - 9/10 for the VK series :) However the unsatisfiying ending will only get a 5/10 from me and brings down my original rating for Vampire Knight Guilty season.
terrascuraFeb 18, 2009 5:28 AM
Apr 1, 2009 8:05 PM

Jan 2009
Just one word... "Meh"

That arm thingy on Zero was... random, The ending is just, weird. Unsatisfying ending in my opinion, so Kaname thinks of Yuuki as a lover and not as a sister (Yeh, i know, vampire relatives and stuff blah.)... but Common >_> Zero ended up alone and what the hell is going to happen with the Cross Academy night class? there is still remaining students? (lol)

7/10. I expected more.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Apr 2, 2009 2:42 PM

Feb 2009
Horrible ending.
The only way for the manga to redeem it now is if a timeskip happens, and it shows Zero and Yagari pwning the shit out of vampires across the world. They eventually get an order to kill Kaname and Yuuki, they track them down, and Zero blasts the shit out of Yuuki. Zero, Yagari, and Cross are later seen looking badass, sipping tea under a parasol on a sunny afternoon, conversing about the intricacies of life.
Perfect ending.
Apr 6, 2009 1:07 AM

Apr 2009
the ending wasn't that bad... with the way the anime/manga world works you can expect an open ending.

They both were slaves to their destiny, one was vampire royality another was born solely to destroy the undead. It's natural that their feelings could not be tangible.

Xiaoling Squirrel; baddest rodent in the forest.

Apr 8, 2009 10:47 PM

Mar 2009
I'm going to rate it as a 7 overall as well. It certainly had it's moments though and the writer knew how to keep you wanting more after each episode. I was a bit dissapointed with the ending, Zero still wants to kill her =x.

Also, I think as one of the subordinate vampires, I probably would have went my own way, but in the end, it was worth a watch. = )
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it." Oogway
Apr 13, 2009 12:59 AM

Feb 2008
I think they ended the series this way because they werent sure if they wanted a 3rd season or not. but I read on Anime News Network that a 3rd season is in the works and will begin in October of this year.

honestly, they have to have a 3rd season since the manga is still ongoing. Rido will most likely come back to life in the 3rd - I cant imagine a 3rd season story without him. in the manga he didn't "die" in the way they had him die in this episode.

there was so much missing from this episode that was in the manga. if you hate this episode then read the manga. it's 10x better. dont let this one episode ruin an awesome series for you
Apr 16, 2009 9:17 PM

Jun 2007
Good series, at least their is another one coming along!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eat, Breathe, Sleep, Dream, Live Anime.

Trance, it's not just a Genre it's a state of mind.
Apr 22, 2009 9:21 AM
Mar 2009
Yuuki is soo stupid and selfish >_<"... I didn't like this episode...
and.. it doesn't look like an ending at all o.O... I hope that it will be another series..
grafittixMar 22, 2010 11:04 AM
Apr 30, 2009 7:59 AM

Apr 2009
I love the ending...
Kaname and Yuuki forever!
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 12 Discussion

lonehunter88 - Dec 22, 2008

46 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 7, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuemauricebackup - Dec 16, 2008

56 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 7, 8:17 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lolz123 - Dec 10, 2008

50 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 1, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 9 Discussion

Kuemauricebackup - Dec 1, 2008

45 by almightybismarck »»
Jan 27, 10:43 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rie - Nov 24, 2008

73 by almightybismarck »»
Jan 27, 8:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.