Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Will there be a season 3?
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2014 9:19 PM

Apr 2012
Unfortunately, even if more than 700 people vote for season 3 on this thread, whether it is produced still depends on BD sales of second season, which sits at 7268 (March 2014 data). I think with this number season 3 is possible.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Mar 31, 2014 3:45 PM

Jul 2011
bunny_lover said:
Unfortunately, even if more than 700 people vote for season 3 on this thread, whether it is produced still depends on BD sales of second season, which sits at 7268 (March 2014 data). I think with this number season 3 is possible.

Hey bunny_lover or anyone, I'm a sort of new to all the little things and was wondering, where did you find the number of sales? I think it's really cool you can look at those numbers and want to look at some other anime. Also, don't know if you know the answer to this, but are there typically anime that go to a 3rd season in this genre? Obviously with the ending, I'm sure they wouldn't want the fans to be left in that position, but I feel like most of these anime have 1, maybe 2 if their lucky. At the same time, I know that there are a few who have been fortunate enough to get up to more seasons, but is the factor simply the number of sales?

I ask this because I truly have a passion for anime and I dread the moments whenever I come to the end of an anime and Haganai is just another one of those anime. Not going to type an entire essay, but want to know what it would take to get more seasons for any anime? Anybody is free to answer, sorry if I sound really stupid to anyone, but I honestly wish that somehow (even though I know it's pretty much impossible) for some of these anime to go as long as One Piece. Pretty childish way to say it, but hate having to say goodbye to all these characters that have grown on me over time :'(
Apr 9, 2014 7:38 AM

Oct 2013
DoctorAnime said:
Hey bunny_lover or anyone, I'm a sort of new to all the little things and was wondering, where did you find the number of sales? I think it's really cool you can look at those numbers and want to look at some other anime. Also, don't know if you know the answer to this, but are there typically anime that go to a 3rd season in this genre? Obviously with the ending, I'm sure they wouldn't want the fans to be left in that position, but I feel like most of these anime have 1, maybe 2 if their lucky. At the same time, I know that there are a few who have been fortunate enough to get up to more seasons, but is the factor simply the number of sales?

I ask this because I truly have a passion for anime and I dread the moments whenever I come to the end of an anime and Haganai is just another one of those anime. Not going to type an entire essay, but want to know what it would take to get more seasons for any anime? Anybody is free to answer, sorry if I sound really stupid to anyone, but I honestly wish that somehow (even though I know it's pretty much impossible) for some of these anime to go as long as One Piece. Pretty childish way to say it, but hate having to say goodbye to all these characters that have grown on me over time :'(

You can check the news threads here in the forums. There are weekly sales threads. Some users also started tracking it on their own sites. One example is http://www.someanithing.com/

I don't really know, how many copies have to be sold to get a sequel. But I believe that it's not the only aspect. Some anime sell a lot of other stuff as well (increased Manga, LN, VN sales). Some are founded and air on a gouvernment channel. So I guess it's best if you ask in the news threads (weekly bd/dvd sales). Some people there seem to know what they are talking about.
May 4, 2014 3:51 AM

Apr 2014
Of course, third season will be animated. But the question is how long? And my body can't take it after reading the spoiler of LN volume 9 :(
"So everything that makes me whole
Ima kimi ni sasageyou - I'm giving it all to you
I'm yours"
Supercell ~ My Dearest (Inori Yuzuriha - Guilty Crown)
Jun 1, 2014 1:54 AM
Feb 2012
My vote is there will be a season 3. Kodoka never responded to Sena's confession. Yozora left the club on a "journey," and after Rika challenged him he's more likely to be open with the girls in his club. I came to realize that Yozora feels incredibly threatened by the other club members. I mean, she teases Sena a lot, but I think the only reason she does that is because she sees her as a true rival. Sena is like the most popular girl in school, and she has everything.

All the club members are obviously coming to the realization they are friends, if you look at Kobota and Maria. Kodaka is being honest, Sena is being honest, Rika is being honest, now its Yozora's turn and she's the hardest nut to crack.

There's way too much left open hinting to a 3rd season. If they don't deliver I'm gonna be pissed.
Jun 1, 2014 12:24 PM
Jun 2011
This is probably an obvious point but sales mean everything; think about all the good shows that never got another season (Darker than black) while a bunch of middle-of-the road to sucky shows received multiple seasons. I myself love Haganai, and I would love a season 3, but im not gonna set myself up for disappointment like so many times before (I am talking about you FMP season 4). Regardless of fan or critical reception is seems like the Anime industry is pretty cut throat.
Jun 1, 2014 4:16 PM

Apr 2013
Godhand11 said:
This is probably an obvious point but sales mean everything; think about all the good shows that never got another season (Darker than black) while a bunch of middle-of-the road to sucky shows received multiple seasons. I myself love Haganai, and I would love a season 3, but im not gonna set myself up for disappointment like so many times before (I am talking about you FMP season 4). Regardless of fan or critical reception is seems like the Anime industry is pretty cut throat.

Calm your........nipples , man . It's not about the sales , its about not having enough material to create the 3rd season.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 4, 2014 4:06 PM

Jan 2013
Season 3 is dead.

vol. 10, the greatest troll.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 4, 2014 6:33 PM

Apr 2013
DawnJ said:
Season 3 is dead.

Do elaborate , pretty plox!
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 4, 2014 6:58 PM
Oct 2012
FluffyFlesh said:
DawnJ said:
Season 3 is dead.

Do elaborate , pretty plox!

Well the writer has hinted that this is the last volume, and the drawer's only comment was "I'm tired" (that page of the novel was photoed, so it makes you wonder how). So just on that it is obvious that they are trolling.

The novel isn't officially released until Friday, I did a quick search in Japanese and didn't see anything that I think is authoritative, so it looks like I will have to wait until they airship my copy. Sigh....
Jun 5, 2014 5:57 AM

Jan 2013
Volume 10 Spoiler:

I'm pretty sure it's genuine, well, I didn't believe Oreimo spoiler a few months ago too.

Oh, and there's no illust at all except the cover. People guess it's more than just being physically "tired".
DawnJJun 5, 2014 6:01 AM
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 5, 2014 6:18 AM

Apr 2013
DawnJ said:
Volume 10 Spoiler:

I'm pretty sure it's genuine, well, I didn't believe Oreimo spoiler a few months ago too.

Oh, and there's no illust at all except the cover. People guess it's more than just being physically "tired".

Well , Sena is too much of a pain in the ass and Yozora has too many problems for Kodaka to care and Rika is his bff. Yukimura is the only "normal" one . And she's the only one , aside from Rika , that is not a part of his past.
But my concern is what happens to Yozora.
Jun 5, 2014 6:27 AM

Jan 2013
FluffyFlesh said:
Well , Sena is too much of a pain in the ass and Yozora has too many problems for Kodaka to care and Rika is his bff. Yukimura is the only "normal" one . And she's the only one , aside from Rika , that is not a part of his past.

日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 5, 2014 7:08 AM
Jul 2012
DawnJ said:
Volume 10 Spoiler:

mironicusJun 5, 2014 7:11 AM
Jun 5, 2014 7:10 AM

Apr 2013
DawnJ said:
FluffyFlesh said:

Yep , thats totally bullcrap.
So if I get it right
Jun 5, 2014 7:15 AM

Jan 2013
mironicus said:
DawnJ said:
Volume 10 Spoiler:

FluffyFlesh said:
DawnJ said:
FluffyFlesh said:

Yep , thats totally bullcrap.
So if I get it right

We'll have to wait till the book gets officially released. I don't know about details.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 5, 2014 7:18 AM
Jul 2012
With another volume (9-10-11+Connect) that would be enough for a third season.
Jun 5, 2014 8:45 AM
Oct 2012
^^all

Thank you, interesting. Knowing what we know of Kodaka, this is not that surprising. Remember in 9 after he
Jun 5, 2014 9:46 AM
Jul 2012
I have to disagree with you:

>Lets not forget that Kodaka has no idea what he wants, he has no male friends to help him understand what he wants either.

Kodaka knows exactly what he likes, what he wants and what he needs.

It's written all over the story, you just need to care a little bit more about his happiness, then you can see what he likes. You must take him serious. If Kodaka says he loves Sena, then he loves Sena. If Kodaka says that he like big boobs, then he like big boobs. Kodaka is attracted to blond and blue-eyed people, because he also wants to look like them (like Kobato, he wished that he had inherited the looks of his mother). You only have to go though the story and see what kind of wishes he has for himself, and then you can see what he likes. But for this you have to focus on his happiness and the decisions he makes and accept them.

So you can't just say that he don't know what he wants.
Jun 5, 2014 2:33 PM
Oct 2012
mironicus said:

I would say the opposite, there are far too many places where Kodaka has shown that he doesn't know what he wants. He said he wanted friends, but Rika pointed out that he pushes them away (at the Jr High fair) or runs away.

The rest of your post is a bit strange. Most men like "big boobs, blonde hair and blue eyes" but you don't marry those things, you marry a person whom you love. At least you should if you want a happy marriage.

Fluffy: Yozora's "mission" was never to be with Kodaka again, it was to find out whether she had one true friend or not. Don't forget the ending of the Eroge she played (which by the way was how the TV Series ended). By the end of 8 (which was the end of the series), she had pretty much learned that she didn't have that true friend.

9 was pretty much a continuation of that:
Jun 5, 2014 2:39 PM

Apr 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
mironicus said:

I would say the opposite, there are far too many places where Kodaka has shown that he doesn't know what he wants. He said he wanted friends, but Rika pointed out that he pushes them away (at the Jr High fair) or runs away.

The rest of your post is a bit strange. Most men like "big boobs, blonde hair and blue eyes" but you don't marry those things, you marry a person whom you love. At least you should if you want a happy marriage.

Fluffy: Yozora's "mission" was never to be with Kodaka again, it was to find out whether she had one true friend or not. Don't forget the ending of the Eroge she played (which by the way was how the TV Series ended). By the end of 8 (which was the end of the series), she had pretty much learned that she didn't have that true friend.

9 was pretty much a continuation of that:

Reminding me that........it stings. Ouch!
Well , to hell with Kodaka then.
Jun 5, 2014 6:28 PM
Oct 2012
FluffyFlesh said:
Reminding me that........it stings. Ouch! Well , to hell with Kodaka then.

Wow, I feel like the dude who just told someone that santa claus doesn't exist :-)

Have hope, Kodaka still has time to come around (though I do think that Rika is the best choice for him as a person, he can be the house dad, cooking, raising the kids and meeting Rika at the door when she comes from a busy day inventing in a Gundam outfit).

Overall though
Jun 5, 2014 6:41 PM

Apr 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
FluffyFlesh said:
Reminding me that........it stings. Ouch! Well , to hell with Kodaka then.

Wow, I feel like the dude who just told someone that santa claus doesn't exist :-)

Have hope, Kodaka still has time to come around (though I do think that Rika is the best choice for him as a person, he can be the house dad, cooking, raising the kids and meeting Rika at the door when she comes from a busy day inventing in a Gundam outfit).

Overall though

Eh , I still have those 2 minutes from Kokoro Connect of last episode to make me feel better. "I love you so so so much! Make love to me! I need you!"
Ah , now I feel better.
Jun 23, 2014 1:37 AM
Jun 2014
Personally, with cliffhanger ending animes like this one that may or may not come back, I like to add my own endings. So here's how mine goes:

The trip that Yozora went on was a suicide trip; in short, that bridge she is walking on she jumps off of, hitting the ground and dying instantly.

Kodaka, hearing this news, decides to marry Sena as he has sorta nothing left.

The nuns are invovled in the wedding between Sena and Kodaka.

Rika becomes a well known inventor, constantly changing the world and making Sena and Kodaka's childhood interesting with toys.

Yukimara is the "butler" for the family.

Do not comment on my ending unless it is an ending of your own as I am entitled to having my own personal ending and in no way stating this is how I want it to end rather that I find it the most entertaining one I can think of. K thanks, bye.
Jun 23, 2014 1:40 AM

Apr 2013
HeavensFate said:
Personally, with cliffhanger ending animes like this one that may or may not come back, I like to add my own endings. So here's how mine goes:

The trip that Yozora went on was a suicide trip; in short, that bridge she is walking on she jumps off of, hitting the ground and dying instantly.

Kodaka, hearing this news, decides to marry Sena as he has sorta nothing left.

The nuns are invovled in the wedding between Sena and Kodaka.

Rika becomes a well known inventor, constantly changing the world and making Sena and Kodaka's childhood interesting with toys.

Yukimara is the "butler" for the family.

Do not comment on my ending unless it is an ending of your own as I am entitled to having my own personal ending and in no way stating this is how I want it to end rather that I find it the most entertaining one I can think of. K thanks, bye.

It doesnt even fit the theme of the anime nor Yozoras' character also there is the light novel that already at vol 10 and the continuation of where the anime left is in vol 9.
Jun 30, 2014 9:32 PM

Apr 2014
Okay....
WHAT? Takuan_Soho pls answer my message :3
Literally mindfuck after seeing the spoilers ...
"So everything that makes me whole
Ima kimi ni sasageyou - I'm giving it all to you
I'm yours"
Supercell ~ My Dearest (Inori Yuzuriha - Guilty Crown)
Aug 6, 2014 11:58 PM

Dec 2010
Takuan_Soho said:
Most men like "big boobs, blonde hair and blue eyes" but you don't marry those things, you marry a person whom you love. At least you should if you want a happy marriage.

lol nice assumption. Do you dislike good looking blondes? Or did you just not watch the show?

There were plenty of reasons foir him to like either girl, however it certainly seemed like he was much closer to Sena, based on their experiences in the show. Yozora was simply a childhood friend and was holding onto that, yes they became friends again in the club, but it was simply that. Kodaka even said that in the final ep....

Obviously this is all personal opinion, but randomly hating a character based on looks just makes you look petty.

Yea I got sidetracked there, can't wait for season 3, really fun show.
Aug 18, 2014 6:01 PM
May 2009
Brigandi said:
mironicus said:
This means there will be no third season (my vote).
Kodaka has friends - the story ends.

Dude... There still room for more stuff
Like what happen to Yozora after Kodaka move, when will Sena stop being narcissistic, or will Yukimura achieve being a "true man" or whatever

Yozora certainly had a harsh ending.. hopefully not the end of the anime..
Aug 19, 2014 11:22 PM
Aug 2014
i've been watching this tread since 2012.....
is there any updates? does anyone know where i could get at least some info?
It seems like it just vanished.... did the author die!? O.o like in The stigma of the wind?
(not excatly the name, but it got canled for that reason)
Aug 29, 2014 7:24 AM

Mar 2011
I really enjoy this series a lot but there are a few loose ends that need to be resolved so hopefully there is another season next year maybe early 2016 though it would suck to wait that long :/
Aug 31, 2014 4:13 PM
Aug 2014
Takuan_Soho aren´t you mistaking yozora for sena?
I don´t recall yozora being friends with Kobato.

I want yozora to be with kodaka. Mainly because she´s my favourite character.
Sep 10, 2014 10:09 PM
Sep 2014
Lelouch84 said:
Well, someone has to ask: Who thinks there will be a 3rd season of Haganai? I received an episode 11 spoiler from a friend saying Sena confessed her love to Kodaka, and that gives me the feeling they'll wrap up next episode. but I still hold out hope they'll leave it open for continuation. If this show doesn't continue on The studio and creators will be hearing from me! I'll be up in arms! But anyway do you think it will have a season 3 or not and why?

I might as well contribute since I'm new here but yea
There will be a 3rd season I mean what anime leaves a cliffhanger like that? (I'm new to the anime life so I guess this isn't the only one) And if it doesn't have a 3rd season I'll just be tweeting random crap just like when fairy tail took some big mofo AFK. And to all of you who said "no 3rd season" you either forgot to watch the first season or you just "meh" on the ending. That's all *contributed* *yay* C•C
Sep 12, 2014 12:09 AM

Dec 2013
I guess no one bothers to read the Light novels? The story continues on after what is shown in the anime. But there isn't enough content released yet for a third season though that has never stopped other shows before.
Sep 14, 2014 2:04 AM

Jul 2013
The question is how long will it take to release a season 3 because I just hope we dont wait long.

Kodaka,Sena is waiting for you
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2014 10:40 PM

Jul 2014
damn cliffhanger, s3 pls

needs m0ar meat! lol
Oct 17, 2014 12:28 AM

Oct 2014
1 Year 7 Months ... nothing *facepalm* oh well... maybe 5 more months :D
The End is Near...5,000,000 Years Near-DubCat 2014 :D
☻/ <---Why is he here?
(▌
/ |
Oct 17, 2014 2:09 PM

May 2012
After this long, I'd be shocked if a third season was announced. The hype around the show is long gone and, knowing how profit-based the industry is, it wouldn't allow for a third season that would probably not be a hit.

Always the same old taste, just new injury
Well I'll wear the claws if you'd like that
Oct 18, 2014 12:47 AM

Oct 2014
Shut up and don't get my hopes down XD
The End is Near...5,000,000 Years Near-DubCat 2014 :D
☻/ <---Why is he here?
(▌
/ |
Nov 5, 2014 6:42 AM

Dec 2013
If there isn't going to be a third season I'm going to ignore the contents of the LNs that have been released after the anime ended with vol 8 and pretend that he marries Sena. Otherwise I would be extremely pissed, well not really- but, to me the only logical choice is Meat. Rika could be viable too, but she's more like the bff type the way she scolds him and is so blunt with him about his own indecisiveness and fear, confronting him about running away like a coward and beating the shit out of him. So, for me, if it's not Meat it's not right. Their relationship throughout both seasons, all of their interaction was leading to them hooking up- I began to feel cheated when they started pushing the angle with everyone assuming they were together and the arranged marriage, because I knew then what was going to happen.

That's just my own personal opinion, wishful thinking if you will, and as I said from the start if there is no season 3 I will pretend everything after vol 8 did not happen so I can be content with what I feel is the right ending.

However, I do hope there is a season 3 because I want to see where the author goes with that annoying "harem ending" cliffhanger. This was a great series, both seasons, and almost all of the characters were enjoyable at one point or another. I actually believe season 2 was a little better than season 1, I marathoned both seasons back to back recently just to see the entirety of it play out in one solid, cohesive flow.

I was really annoyed with Kodaka's lack of ability to realize what he had and the way he ran away from so many good things staring him in the face by playing dumb or actually running away physically; that is my main reason for wanting a continuation- I just do not feel that Rika's beat down of Kodaka was enough to justify that cliffhanger.

Also, I want more Meat! I cannot even explain why she was my favorite character, she just was, I loved her from the very start. Her banter with Yazora was hilarious, he naivety seemed to know no bounds, her family interactions were gold, and her interactions with Kodaka were sweet. Though I was very concerned about her obsession with Kobato, and the episode in season 1 when they stayed at her house and Kobato came running out of the bathroom screaming naked with Meat chasing her... I was very concerned with what exactly Meat did to her in that bath, I believe that obsession with Kobato was the only real issues I had with her character though.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Nov 6, 2014 10:38 PM

Jun 2013
FlyingPiranha said:
After this long, I'd be shocked if a third season was announced. The hype around the show is long gone and, knowing how profit-based the industry is, it wouldn't allow for a third season that would probably not be a hit.

This show is one where the hype may have died down in the wast, but in Japan it seems to still be very huge, as I was in japan a few months ago and in Akihabera it was literally everywhere. Every single figure shop I went to had a crapton of sena, and kobato figures, So i have not given up hope just yet, nor have I given up hope on raildex, as that was just as huge
#TEAMCHITOGE
Nov 26, 2014 7:55 PM
Nov 2014
I still think we will get a 3rd Season, maybe 2016 or 2017.
Nov 28, 2014 5:16 PM

Nov 2014
I really hope it does come out soon i just cant wait for it!!!!
Nov 30, 2014 7:01 AM
Nov 2014
Check Out This Website! I totally AGREE with Him! Bro-Fist man!

Link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8Zxh5vHykc

Hope This would Help you guys out!

#PeaceOut :)
Nov 30, 2014 10:37 PM

Nov 2014
Jacob_Bryan said:
Check Out This Website! I totally AGREE with Him! Bro-Fist man!

Link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8Zxh5vHykc

Hope This would Help you guys out!

#PeaceOut :)

I'm quite sure most of us who cared already watched that vid.
Dec 1, 2014 9:43 AM
Jun 2014
Definitely hope there will be a 3rd season! But the thing is not just boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai, but other anime also ended leaving the fans heart broken. In my mind i really would want a 3rd season but from the stats shown, 3rd season for a anime is hard. The director wouldnt bother with our messages here anyway. So boku wa fans lets just pray that this anime would get a 3rd season!
Dec 1, 2014 4:56 PM

Nov 2014
We will probably get a 3rd season,but it won't be so soon.Either late 2015 or 2016,which sucks.
Feb 26, 2015 9:05 PM

Jul 2014
Obvious damn CLIFFHANGER, s3 pls.
Mar 21, 2015 9:04 PM

Nov 2014
OppaiSugoi said:
Totally agree, dat cliffhanger, please s3...
Mar 27, 2015 8:41 PM

Aug 2012
OppaiSugoi said:

Yea! I just realized it's been a long time ever since then, still waiting...
Mar 27, 2015 9:53 PM
Mar 2015
After reading what happened to the LN, I'm not interested now on the S3. It looks fked up and I'm done with this cliffhanger.. really not looking forward to it.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

254 by 5hadow17 »»
Jun 5, 12:32 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

675 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

457 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

268 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

183 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.