Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 26, 2012 3:04 AM

Dec 2011
Less games.
First club forum page is almost all spam.
Feb 26, 2012 6:18 AM

Oct 2009
@oneAngrySheep I find the games rather amusing and meaningfull.
You could imply some irony to your statement,adressing precisely the part where this is a 20+ club,but despite that,ongoing forum childish games are a trend,thus making your post moar powuhfuul.
But I dig the games,they are fun.Not so many forums/clubs/gatherings are entertaining,they all try to stay on a line,like a Movie club talking ONLY about movies would be dumb.I'd be pretty bored of it.
kthxbye
“There are so many people out there who will tell you that you can’t. What you’ve got to do is turn around and say, ‘watch me’.” – Layne Beachley
Feb 26, 2012 10:40 AM

Aug 2009
LazYSlackeR said:
This is a minor nitpick, but you could split the RULES AND GUIDE topic in more posts so it's easier to link to specific parts (you can link to single post but not mid-way in a post).

Edit: this way you can also have an index in the first post

OK, nice idea. I can get to that soon.
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Feb 26, 2012 10:43 AM

Aug 2009
oneAngrySheep said:
Less games.
First club forum page is almost all spam.

There are people who love many games, as Saiyaku said and others that don't. We obviously can't please everyone, but we can control the amount of games that we have and erase long inactive threads. The games are in the first page though because people are playing them, so it doesn't only depend on us but on your preferences too.
You and whoever else want to can try reviving some threads you like anytime so we have more variety in the first page. ;)
Feb 26, 2012 1:08 PM

Dec 2011
Don't really have anything against games and such but recently there's a lot more of them than before.

I call them spam because its really easy to reply to them and bump them which gets them to front page. Then I'm scared that you could miss some comment on some thread that might interest you but you don't necessarily watch it(or there's a new thread that gets kicked to second page).
Feb 26, 2012 3:27 PM

Oct 2011
angrysheep, its that reason that i always go back to page 2 (3 and 4 if necessary) to see what i missed. i mean its not that much of a nuisance.. and if i dont feel like looking into a thread, i wont. i completely ignore some threads because i know i wouldnt be so easily amused at what i find inside of em. just skip past the game threads acting as if they arent there. its not too much trouble

Feb 27, 2012 1:00 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Hm... it was once possible to ignore topics, but the functions doesn't seem to work at the moment... at least not for me.

But yeah, I already said that I don't like too many games either, especially not these counting/listing games. But at the moment it's still possible to quickly skip those topics which I'm not interested in at the moment, so I don't have much trouble.
Feb 27, 2012 12:19 PM

Aug 2009
I plan to erase those games that will stop attracting attention. :) I don't like too many games either and I had already talked about this subject on the admins thread.
For now things just need some time to balance.. From time to time I am cleaning up some old or confusing threads, so no worries! ;)
Mar 6, 2012 6:19 PM

Aug 2010
What about a chatroom for this club? I use Skype and creating a skype chatroom is really easy and convenient.
Mar 6, 2012 6:21 PM
Mar 8, 2012 3:35 AM
Jul 2018
Are these good ideas for discussion threads?

• What do you work/study? Do you study/work that because it's your dream, or other circumstances?
  • What is your record of watching/reading anime/manga? Have you completed any series in a day?
  • Tabletop RPGs (Dungeons & Dragons, Vampire, Anima, Dragonlance...).
  • Advice Thread.
  • Weird habits we have.
  • Funny party stories (aka What crazy things have you done whilst drunk?).
  • What would you do if you ruled the world?
  • Do you believe in extra-terrestrial life?
Mar 8, 2012 5:34 AM

Jul 2010
Jeigan said:
  • What is your record of watching/reading anime/manga? Have you completed any series in a day?
I like these two the best, but I'm not sure topics that (i think) won't create a real discussion are really fit for a forum, that's just my opinion though.
Mar 8, 2012 6:11 AM
Jul 2018
Well, I'm waiting for the admins to come and know their opinion, and if those ideas are worthy for new threads. You know, always seeing the same topics is kinda boring xD
Mar 8, 2012 8:54 AM

Apr 2011
Jeigan said:
Are these good ideas for discussion threads?

• What do you work/study? Do you study/work that because it's your dream, or other circumstances?
  • Tabletop RPGs (Dungeons & Dragons, Vampire, Anima, Dragonlance...).
  • Advice Thread.
  • Weird habits we have.
  • Funny party stories (aka What crazy things have you done whilst drunk?).
  • What would you do if you ruled the world?

I think what do you do work/study might be good, but I'll let one of the admins make the final decision. Some of the other ones might be ok later on (like once a week), also some might be good to be discussed in Members Lounge Cafe http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=294210
Mar 13, 2012 11:23 AM

Aug 2011
Hola!
It would be great to put a coke dispenser in the main page.
I'm sure that all will enjoy.
Well, here's my suggestion =)
May 27, 2012 3:48 AM
Feb 2012
I have a concept that I have developed for MAL.

The concept goes like this....

Clubs here on MAL are disconnected. Finding clubs here on MAL is a pain in the ass. Newer people just go from club to club trying to fit in and try to get themselves established. I have found several different types of clubs.

Fan Clubs
Chat Clubs
RP Clubs
Specialty Clubs

Say a person wants to RP but he wants to chat as well, and he/she is new. Where the hell do you go since MAL is full of crazies.
I propose a Hub.
I centralized court that directs the new and helps the old find new stuff. All the clubs that matter will be connected to this court. The court will even have it's own stuff to get the uninitiated a leg up. I'm still working on a lot of other aspects of this.

In simplest terms, My club is going to be a routing zone that is connected to all the clubs of MAL. ^^
Jun 18, 2012 10:48 PM

Oct 2011
I have an idea for a thread called "tip of the day". I haven't really thought too hard about it cuz of work and anime, but it'd be something like a section where people can put up tips about daily activities and such. Or we could even turn it into a game, just a thought I figured I'd share with you guys maybe we already have something like that.
Jun 19, 2012 5:52 AM

Jan 2011
not a bad idea wolf, if you'd like to develop it further that would be great. i think maybe not a game, we have sooo many of those as it is. maybe you could start on the club comments page to start off and see where it goes.

maybe it could even be more like a "thought of the day" kinda thing, where it could be like a quote (book, movie, philosopher, whatever) something you thought of yourself, sth from the fortune cookie the night before...idk just a thought though :P
Aug 22, 2012 1:30 AM

Oct 2011
I suggest we keep being awesome. It seems to be working for this club. :)
Aug 22, 2012 5:27 AM

Jan 2011
Lost_Moon said:
I suggest we keep being awesome. It seems to be working for this club. :)

best suggestion yet!!!! :)
Aug 9, 2013 11:15 AM

Aug 2010
I suggest a permanent ban on pirates or a a fighting system that lets me settle things with Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy-chi once and for all.(the clubs look great since the last time I was active keep it up)
Aug 9, 2013 12:19 PM

Jan 2011
Kirakun said:
I suggest a permanent ban on pirates or a a fighting system that lets me settle things with Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy-chi once and for all.(the clubs look great since the last time I was active keep it up)

Aug 9, 2013 12:40 PM

Apr 2011
Kirakun said:

I agree, but the best way to advance the ninja cause (I assume you're talking about ninjas...) is to start banning more.
Aug 9, 2013 5:17 PM

Oct 2011
Banned because I'm a pirate fan now.

Wow... epic fail, I thought I was in the banning thread... lmao...
KawiNinjaAug 9, 2013 5:29 PM
Aug 10, 2013 7:56 AM

Jan 2011
that was epic wolf...the pic and the eff up! :P
Nov 25, 2013 11:00 AM

Nov 2012
how about more bans in the Your Banned Thread

Jun 19, 2014 7:00 PM

Oct 2011
Could we possibly have a thread related to college?
It doesn't have to be "What college do you attend?" But maybe something geared towards majors/aspirations/fields/etc. I know everyone isn't in school, but for those who are students, it could be a potential networking tool and general support...thingy.

Jun 19, 2014 7:17 PM

Apr 2011
MaiTai said:
Could we possibly have a thread related to college?
It doesn't have to be "What college do you attend?" But maybe something geared towards majors/aspirations/fields/etc. I know everyone isn't in school, but for those who are students, it could be a potential networking tool and general support...thingy.

I started a thread on that awhile back:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=415215
It sort of died out (as many of our non-gaming threads do), but maybe you can revive it :)
Jun 19, 2014 10:59 PM

Oct 2009
i propose the creation of a General Advice topic in this club. I havent looked through all the topics, but Ive never noticed one here.

There is one in Casual Discussion forum (http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=702011&show=0)

However, as this club is for users 20-years-old or older, I think it would be helpful for there to be a thread in which 20+ users can post their problems, and receive advice from people who are 20+ y/o with similar perspectives and experiences.
Jun 20, 2014 1:40 PM

Aug 2010
RandomChampion said:
i propose the creation of a General Advice topic in this club. I havent looked through all the topics, but Ive never noticed one here.

There is one in Casual Discussion forum (http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=702011&show=0)

However, as this club is for users 20-years-old or older, I think it would be helpful for there to be a thread in which 20+ users can post their problems, and receive advice from people who are 20+ y/o with similar perspectives and experiences.

That's not a bad idea, feel free to start one! :)

Jun 20, 2014 1:43 PM

Oct 2011
Yep... approved by me, too.
Jun 20, 2014 2:17 PM

Jan 2011
Bakkamuikkunen said:
Yep... approved by me, too.

I DISAGREE!!! vote down!!

no just kidding...actually I could have sworn we had sth like that already, but I searched and found nada...
Jun 22, 2014 10:56 AM

Apr 2011
Yeah, one thread we actually don't have. I'm glad someone at least checked before creating one which is usually what happens :P
Jun 23, 2014 7:59 PM

Oct 2011
i like it. helps with the social aspect of this club and derails it a little from the normal discussion topics which are anime and our silly games :D got my vote!

Jun 24, 2014 12:32 PM

Aug 2010
The problem solving thread is finally open. Please take a look!

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1207243

Jun 26, 2014 5:01 AM

Oct 2009
my bad i forgot about my suggestion and forgot to check back on this thread lol

thanks for making it lumikki.....it's better than what i would have come up with anyway lol
Jan 1, 2015 3:54 PM

Nov 2011

Jan 2, 2015 9:26 AM

Apr 2013
all bump posts should include jigglies
Jan 2, 2015 9:50 AM
Jul 2013
So .ere is some suggestions to boost club activity on MAL.

1. Holiday Events: We can do more holiday related forum events with awards. So for instance we could do a remembrance thread for 2015 and if you participate in the thread you could get a "New year 2015" image award. This kinda brings together the passing years we have all gone through with MAL.

2. Monthly Events: We could do alot more forum related activities. This could be brained stormed.

3. Unique image items(stepping away from member cards): SO I can do some photoshop work and we could do different kind of items that show we are from 20+ It could be more 20+ oriented with the twist of anime, since we are a anime community after all.

4. Social Mixers: So I know we have a huge emphasis on the skype group which is nice. But we should hone in on the club page a bit more. But if we can get an equal balance is good. If we can do like say a monthly skype call and just chit chat for an hour that would be cool. Just something to incorporate both aspects since we have both.

5. Voting on theme. So I think for more user interaction we should be able to change the theme pretty regularly and have the community decide on the theme. Of course again emphasis on 20+ and Anime . But this could really boost activity on the page.

6. AMV of the week: So this is another way to bring a unique aspect to our group. We can do cool anime music videos on our page and have members vote on them and get everyone involved.

I have plenty other suggestions. But We could play with these for a bit
Jan 2, 2015 11:13 AM

Jan 2011
some really good suggestions there Stein...and some are pretty close to ideas me and Uuh have kicked around...so good to see we're on the same page!! :)

certainly didn't think of anything like the AMV thing though, that's really nice. wonder if there's any vidders left here anymore, that would be awesome.

we were already doing a layout and theme change pretty regularly, but it all depends on people willing to do said layouts...but kawaii, aria, and Uuh have done really well on those, so yeah, that could be nice.

maybe some more IRC related events, like the upcoming Eurovision!! but since that's once a year, sth else that has some international interest that we could simulwatch together.
Jan 2, 2015 11:22 AM

Nov 2011
Maybe we can simulwatch an anime movie Bill. It something we can all do I thing and doesnt take up on too much time

Jan 2, 2015 12:39 PM
Jul 2013
In regards to your comment of the layouts?

I thought Uuh was doing them? As you told me last night? So we need more dedicated members who can maintain layout and images correct?

Also simulwatch is good. I did that with my community quite a bit.

You need to find a good streaming site(Not twitch) and hope everyone connection allows them to stream
Jan 2, 2015 12:52 PM

Nov 2011
I only did the xmas layout. Aria and kawaiipapa did the others.
I only did it for the season and because we had no time to run a competition.

Do you have any streaming site in mind stein?

Jan 2, 2015 1:12 PM

Jan 2011
Sensei_Stein said:
In regards to your comment of the layouts?

I thought Uuh was doing them? As you told me last night? So we need more dedicated members who can maintain layout and images correct?

yeah, she wasn't creating all the layouts, just the xmas one, but since she's been admin she has been vigilant in keeping things tidy in regards to the front page, changing layouts, getting rid of the outdated bday graphic, etc...and she's been outstanding with that. we could still use members who create new layouts though, can never have enough of that.

in terms of streams, is gogoanime still a viable option??
Jan 2, 2015 1:18 PM

Nov 2011
Yup gogoanime is still running. But since Stein mentioned twitch I was wondering if there is some other site where someone can be the host and we can all watch at the same time without worrying about the synch

Jan 2, 2015 1:26 PM

Apr 2013
would you say we would need a way to be...

NSync
Jan 2, 2015 1:28 PM

Nov 2011
huh"??

Jan 2, 2015 1:31 PM

Jan 2011
Uuh said:
Yup gogoanime is still running. But since Stein mentioned twitch I was wondering if there is some other site where someone can be the host and we can all watch at the same time without worrying about the synch

is that what twitch is? I'm so ignorant :P...anyways, that would be cool too fosho, the hosting thing that is. btw if we do this...we already have a simulwatch thread...somewhere, I'd have to find it :P

ODJ said:

NSync

hahaha shit...for that you deserve to go

ok so my pun was worse than yours, but mine had a video :P
Jan 2, 2015 1:39 PM

Nov 2011
Twitch is a streaming site, usually used by gamers who do a live program of them playing. So you can see their screen and how they play. I dont follow it. I watch some pokemon once where there was some chat and depending the command the player on the game would move. but there were so many viewers trying to move him simultaneously so they wouldn't do much progress... xD

So yeah who knows. Maybe there's something equivalent where a host can stream the movie and the rest watch

Jan 2, 2015 1:42 PM

Jan 2011
I remember an old site, Justin.tv I think did sth like that pretty much...I would watch hockey games online there, but it was awful sometimes...if you think it's laggy here...holy shit
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» What Are You Listening to? + All About the Music! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Corsair857 - Jun 2, 2011

3583 by Elanin »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Sticky: » Hi!I am... :) ~ Introductions ~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Mar 12, 2011

5705 by tamilanime »»
Jun 19, 2022 4:05 AM

Sticky: » Administrators' lounge [closed for members] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Aug 22, 2011

361 by Lotus97 »»
Jun 17, 2022 12:02 PM

» [GAME] You're Banned! v. 7.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Uuh - Dec 12, 2015

8529 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 4:21 AM

» [GAME] First Thing That Pops Up In Your Mind V. 3.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arianna - Mar 20, 2016

3543 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.