Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 13, 2010 11:55 AM

Sep 2008
Did I say anything about naruto? I haven't watched it in years but if I recall they don't even use the gag I was referring to. People were complaining about index's biting and I was saying that it was a bit of an odd complaint.
Nov 13, 2010 12:03 PM
Dec 2007
Monad said:
Gangler said:
Is there really any difference between index and every other female character that has ever been given any kind of hammer gag? It's not the first time that we've had this. Guy says something stupid, female either pulls a hammer out of nowhere, punches the guy on the top of the head, tells him to sit, or any number of other stupid gags, thus bringing the man to his knees. It's practically a staple of the medium.

What show are you watching? This ain't Naruto.
Actually, regardless of how more serious and mature the shows tries to be, it is shounen. Yeah, just like Naruto.

Nov 13, 2010 12:13 PM

Jun 2008
Gangler said:
Did I say anything about naruto? I haven't watched it in years but if I recall they don't even use the gag I was referring to. People were complaining about index's biting and I was saying that it was a bit of an odd complaint.

Actually the gag you are referring to is exactly the style of Naruto and that is why i mentioned it. Naruto is a classic idiot saying or doing stupid things and then Sakura hits him on the head to stop. And imagine most people hate Sakura even though that guy deserves every punch she gives him.

This gag doesn't exist in this show. Touma isn't behaving like a stupid idiotic boy and Index doesn't try to play the more mature girl by hitting or biting the idiot so he can stop being stupid.
Index simply combines both roles into one, the role of the idiot and the role of the one biting and hitting. Touma is just simply there.
So you can imagine how Index is even worse.
Nov 13, 2010 12:19 PM

Jun 2008
Leon-Gun said:
]It's not an unpleasable audience, it's more like very vocal idiots. IMO, I only see the same idiots who can't be pleased. For example, Railgun idiots who will drum on and on about magic and Index sucking, and Index idiots who just go on and on about Science being too full of Kuroko and Uiharu (and they would complain of Saten if Index had more appearances of her too). It's like the vocal idiots took sides, even though both Magic and Science are part of the series. The whole motto back in season 1 was the "When magic and science meet..." phrase.

So what do you want us to do, NOT voice our opinions...

If this show has so much division, it's because they created TWO very distinct and opposite sides in which people have very clearly chosen a side instead of being with both.

I don't find a problem with people saying that index sucks or railgun sucks or any other complaints, that's HOW EVERY ANIME IS.

Even big anime that is rated very high (for example Code Geass or Death Note) had complainers and people who wouldn't stop voicing their grievances about those shows.
Nov 13, 2010 12:27 PM

May 2010
Wanna see more Touma + Railgun + Accelerator!
Nov 13, 2010 12:43 PM

May 2010
The story in this ep is something I like. I can't wait for part2 :)
"My happiness comes from the kindness of those around me"
Nov 13, 2010 1:16 PM

Sep 2008
Monad said:
Gangler said:

Actually the gag you are referring to is exactly the style of Naruto and that is why i mentioned it. Naruto is a classic idiot saying or doing stupid things and then Sakura hits him on the head to stop. And imagine most people hate Sakura even though that guy deserves every punch she gives him.

This gag doesn't exist in this show. Touma isn't behaving like a stupid idiotic boy and Index doesn't try to play the more mature girl by hitting or biting the idiot so he can stop being stupid.
Index simply combines both roles into one, the role of the idiot and the role of the one biting and hitting. Touma is just simply there.
Okay, so I guess naruto uses it then. Even so they hardly invented it. The gag predates that show by ages. Even if you say touma isn't being stupid most of the time the trigger event is touma being oblivious to Index's feelings to the principle still applies. When it is due to forces beyond his control then this is also not unprecedented. There is some stuff that even if you don't enjoy it, you have to accept that it will be there, seeing as it has been there for a good thirty of fourty years. Panty shots and bloody noses aren't going anywhere either, nor are battle robots. Noble but remarkably unintelligent lead males, weak and needy damsels in distress, these are things that will continue to appear in our shows for a great many years to come. This gag can fit in this category as well.
Nov 13, 2010 1:33 PM
Dec 2007
alexcampos said:

Even big anime that is rated very high (for example Code Geass or Death Note) had complainers and people who wouldn't stop voicing their grievances about those shows.
That doesn't make them any less annoying. Also, thanks for reminding me of the thousands of "TRAINWRECK !!!" posts you'd find in EVERY SINGLE THREAD of Code Geass. It certainly was enjoyable to read those threads.

BTW, Gangler didn't claim Index was the mature one. In fact, he knows Index has the "little sister" role, similar to Last Order in fact. But there's a very common trend in anime that one character will say something that the other character gets mad at, and the other character will hit them/bite them/yell at them/etc. That's all it meant. This staple of anime is not reserved exclusively by tsunderes or mature/intelligent characters you know.

In Index case, she gets mad at Touma because Touma takes life in stride, which of course means Index gets ignored a lot. Since she obviously doesn't have much to do since she's not a student nor assigned any special role in the church (well, besides safe-kepping the grimoires) she expects Touma to keep her entertained, or feed her. She just acts like a spoiled little sister, that's all. If you hate spoiled imoutos, like Kirino, then you won't like her, duh.

Nov 13, 2010 1:37 PM

Sep 2009
Eiko said:
YES, ACCELERATOR, YES!
and YES, MISAKA MISAKA :3, YES!
Nov 13, 2010 1:44 PM

Jul 2009
Misaka's ass!
Followed by MISAKA's ass!
wheresthehandleNov 13, 2010 2:02 PM
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Nov 13, 2010 1:58 PM

Jun 2008
Leon-Gun said:
alexcampos said:

That doesn't make them any less annoying. Also, thanks for reminding me of the thousands of "TRAINWRECK !!!" posts you'd find in EVERY SINGLE THREAD of Code Geass. It certainly was enjoyable to read those threads.

Yeah, that's what I meant, I too remember those comments, I usually thought they were full of LULZ...

Either way, for me this show has a very interesting story which is ingeniously mixed with RELIGION and SCIENCE.

But that in itself is the huge irony of this show, most people would say that Religion and science can't go together, yet here we are...
Nov 13, 2010 2:01 PM

Jun 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Since she obviously doesn't have much to do since she's not a student nor assigned any special role in the church (well, besides safe-kepping the grimoires) she expects Touma to keep her entertained, or feed her. She just acts like a spoiled little sister, that's all. If you hate spoiled imoutos, like Kirino, then you won't like her, duh.

Spoiled little sister? Are you trying to make it cuter than it really is? That isn't just spoiled little sister. That pattern of behavior is a spoiled little child in general. Is the way some kids behave that you see in the supermarket or visiting friendly houses and makes you think "Boy if i ever have children i better be careful of not letting them behave like that", or in general "Oh my God now i know am lucky i don't have any kids!!!".

Gangler said:
Monad said:
Gangler said:

Okay, so I guess naruto uses it then. Even so they hardly invented it. The gag predates that show by ages. Even if you say touma isn't being stupid most of the time the trigger event is touma being oblivious to Index's feelings to the principle still applies. When it is due to forces beyond his control then this is also not unprecedented. There is some stuff that even if you don't enjoy it, you have to accept that it will be there, seeing as it has been there for a good thirty of fourty years. Panty shots and bloody noses aren't going anywhere either, nor are battle robots. Noble but remarkably unintelligent lead males, weak and needy damsels in distress, these are things that will continue to appear in our shows for a great many years to come. This gag can fit in this category as well.

I don't care who invented it. Why to you people get so hooked up because i mentioned the name "Naruto". It was just an example of a show that does the specific gag. Don't tell me you are another of those people that behave like simply seeing Naruto means you lose cool points or something?

And no the principle doesn't apply. She is the one behaving idiotic and biting with no reason but simply because she's bored or has stupid ideas.
Maybe the princible should be split into different categories.
Each case is actually different. And anyway Index is annoying in general and not only when she bites.
As i said above is like having a spoiled little brat in the house that has no concept of behaving properly, shutting up, respect others and generally stop being selfish, annoying, time demanding and basting your balls not leaving you in piece.
What more to you want?
Nov 13, 2010 2:14 PM

Jul 2009
Don't overanalyze selfish children.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Nov 13, 2010 2:34 PM

Sep 2008
Monad said:
Leon-Gun said:
Since she obviously doesn't have much to do since she's not a student nor assigned any special role in the church (well, besides safe-kepping the grimoires) she expects Touma to keep her entertained, or feed her. She just acts like a spoiled little sister, that's all. If you hate spoiled imoutos, like Kirino, then you won't like her, duh.

Spoiled little sister? Are you trying to make it cuter than it really is? That isn't just spoiled little sister. That pattern of behavior is a spoiled little child in general. Is the way some kids behave that you see in the supermarket or visiting friendly houses and makes you think "Boy if i ever have children i better be careful of not letting them behave like that", or in general "Oh my God now i know am lucky i don't have any kids!!!".

Gangler said:
Monad said:
Gangler said:

I don't care who invented it. Why to you people get so hooked up because i mentioned the name "Naruto". It was just an example of a show that does the specific gag. Don't tell me you are another of those people that behave like simply seeing Naruto means you lose cool points or something?

And no the principle doesn't apply. She is the one behaving idiotic and biting with no reason but simply because she's bored or has stupid ideas.
Maybe the princible should be split into different categories.
Each case is actually different. And anyway Index is annoying in general and not only when she bites.
As i said above is like having a spoiled little brat in the house that has no concept of behaving properly, shutting up, respect others and generally stop being selfish, annoying, time demanding and basting your balls not leaving you in piece.
What more to you want?
Ah, see there seems to be a miscommunication here. because when you say things like
Monad said:

What show are you watching? This ain't Naruto.
It has the distinct appearence of you saying that we shouldn't expect the low-brow methods employed in naruto to be used here. As far as I'm concerned naruto is what it is, a fun shonen action series that went longer than I was able to stay interested. If anything goes too long then the flaws become less bearable.

As far as Index being a spoiled child goes um... yes? The show has it's quota of strong women, index can't feed herself. She's petulent and get's upset over the trivial. It's what children, spoiled or not, do. Maybe if she had some parents her behavior would be a bit more on the acceptable side, but what do you want from her? She's stuck in a world she doesn't understand and her only lifeline is generally disinterested and can barely motivate himself to feed her, let alone give her any of the attention children need. Have you ever seen a child who lives in a neighborhood with no other children? They get really fucking needy really fast. Aside from a maid who stops by in the afternoon she has literally no human contact outside of touma.

All of this is really beside the original point, which is that her biting gag is nothing new and I find it odd that it would be a point of complaint for anyone who considers themselves a fan of anime. There's some stuff that you either learn to accept, or just acquire the taste for because otherwise half the medium gets shut off from you.
Nov 13, 2010 3:13 PM
May 2010
I don't like all that naked chick fanservice atm. It's ok now and then, but it's somewhat going overboard compared to season 1.
Nov 13, 2010 4:18 PM
Dec 2007
Domo-kun said:
I don't like all that naked chick fanservice atm. It's ok now and then, but it's somewhat going overboard compared to season 1.
Well, at least Misaka going nude doesn't actually goes against her personality. Unlike Mikoto herself, the Sisters don't really have a lot of emotions so she wouldn't really care. As for Last Order bathing with Accelerator, he depends on her so I assume they just trust he wouldn't be so foolish as to attack the only thing that lets him be at least a little normal. Plus, behind all his talk, he actually likes the attention.

BTW, any further Level 6 experiments will likely not use Accelerator. Yes, he was leaps beyond any Level 5. Only reason Touma could take him was the fact he never catched on to how Imagine Breaker worked, the fact he toyed with him due to the whole Level 0 deal and because Mikoto(the third level 5) and several other Sisters backed Touma up and bailed him out of an attack that would have been fatal. But since his brain was quite injured in the Last Order arc he's not even close of achieving Level 6 anymore.

That said, that leaves only one other Level 5 above Railgun's abilities, but we've never really been shown Railgun's full strength. Plus, the technique they were using to "level up" Accelerator quite likely won't work with them all. I mean, not all Level 5's have offensive abilities, and I'm pretty sure straight up killing would only work on Espers with more offensive strength, like Accelerator and Mikoto.
Leon-GunNov 13, 2010 4:33 PM

Nov 13, 2010 4:21 PM

Aug 2009
I enjoy Awaki beating up Kuroko.
Nov 13, 2010 5:53 PM

Sep 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Well, at least Misaka going nude doesn't actually goes against her personality. Unlike Mikoto herself, the Sisters don't really have a lot of emotions so she wouldn't really care.
It's also worth noting that she was getting changed and didn't know we were watching. Getting changed out of hospital gowns when you're alone in your room is a circumstance that does not require you to lack a sense of modesty in order to achieve nudity. So there is that. As much as I love imouto ass it would suck if they made her break character to show me.

Also as far as accellerator's unusability goes, I imagine if they realized the project could be revived the scientific resources of academy city would be able to put something together for him. Like suppose they keep an smaller network on reserve for him to use for his powers, and modify the collar to take it's power from their electrocenesis. Just like that he's got all his abilities back and can maintain them indefinitely. Or they could just improve the collar design into more of a "combat collar" with a charge that would last a couple days even under the strain of his vector calculations. The point is they'd figure out a way to make it work.
Nov 13, 2010 6:04 PM
Dec 2007
Gangler said:

Also as far as accellerator's unusability goes, I imagine if they realized the project could be revived the scientific resources of academy city would be able to put something together for him. Like suppose they keep an smaller network on reserve for him to use for his powers, and modify the collar to take it's power from their electrocenesis. Just like that he's got all his abilities back and can maintain them indefinitely. Or they could just improve the collar design into more of a "combat collar" with a charge that would last a couple days even under the strain of his vector calculations. The point is they'd figure out a way to make it work.
True, but I'd say there's no true interest in using him atm. To tell the truth, while the Remnant is the current issue of this arc, the fact different countries are actually stealing information from the Tree Diagram supercomputer is far more dangerous to Academy City as a whole and far more impacting the the Index universe. Again, there's always something slowly growing behind the smaller events of every arc.

Regardless of Mikoto's efforts, Academy City will always work on the Level 6. They will just try something else. Of course, it will take them longer without the Tree Diagram since they will likely have to start from scratch on a lot of parts.

Nov 13, 2010 6:35 PM

Sep 2008
Leon-Gun said:
Gangler said:

True, but I'd say there's no true interest in using him atm. To tell the truth, while the Remnant is the current issue of this arc, the fact different countries are actually stealing information from the Tree Diagram supercomputer is far more dangerous to Academy City as a whole and far more impacting the the Index universe. Again, there's always something slowly growing behind the smaller events of every arc.

Regardless of Mikoto's efforts, Academy City will always work on the Level 6. They will just try something else. Of course, it will take them longer without the Tree Diagram since they will likely have to start from scratch on a lot of parts.
Lol. Yes, right now academy city is more worried about the tree diagram than accellerator. They don't even know that they could have any reason to be concerned with him, and have scattered the sisters to the wind. If misaka was concerned with maintaining the world order then the tree diagram itself would outrank the sisters for her as well. As is I don't think it would mean much to her if some other city was able to advance their technology by twenty years because some remnants got away. For her she just wants to prevent the tree diagram from being rebuilt at all.

As far as continuing to look for ways to make a level six goes, there will always be tragedies in academy city. It's an entire city filled with young adults and children being used as lab rats. It's a city filled with teenagers with power on a level that would be expected to corrupt. If bad things stopped happening in academy city we wouldn't have a show. As is you have to take it one step at a time. Right now Misaka is working to prevent the deaths of more sisters. Later when she finds out some lost numbers (hope I remembered the term right) are being forcefully experimented on in ways that will damage their health and mental stability in order to make a level six she can decide what to do about it. Thus far I don't think she's actually opposed to level sixes as a whole, merely the killing of sisters to attain one.
Nov 13, 2010 6:57 PM

Nov 2007
Well, that was pretty good. THIS is what Railgun SHOULD have been like but that's another matter. In the end, Sparky and Lesboko mean absolutely nothing before Accelerator, Last Order and the Sisters~ Totally made this arc seeing them appear after so long.
Nov 13, 2010 8:12 PM
Mar 2010
So.. they put the magic side volume which i didn't even enjoy much for 4 episodes, and they are going to make a good science volume in 2 episodes -_- It seems like they are rushing through this or something since they skipped some of Mikoto and Kuroko's date and alot of the first round of Kuroko vs. Awaki. We didn't even get to see Kuroko on the ground in pain! She was supposed to be in even more pain in the bathroom, not having enough strength to even stand up >.> O well, we get to see Accelarator's evil laugh again next week :D
Nov 13, 2010 8:15 PM

Nov 2007
bah Kuroko centered episode? BORING. Touma and Accelerator make brief appearances but do nothing. Index and Kuroko I think are my least favorite characters.
Nov 13, 2010 8:26 PM
Dec 2007
herox3 said:
So.. they put the magic side volume which i didn't even enjoy much for 4 episodes, and they are going to make a good science volume in 2 episodes -_- It seems like they are rushing through this or something since they skipped some of Mikoto and Kuroko's date and alot of the first round of Kuroko vs. Awaki. We didn't even get to see Kuroko on the ground in pain! She was supposed to be in even more pain in the bathroom, not having enough strength to even stand up >.> O well, we get to see Accelarator's evil laugh again next week :D
You really hate poor Kuroko, lol. There's a LOT of volumes to cover you know. I think they want to cover enough ground so as to at least get the main story rolling (and by that I mean, for Academy City to drop the facade of being family friendly fun).

Nov 13, 2010 9:39 PM

Jun 2009
Characters with interesting fighting abilities > a character that can only wank hit with his right hand.

Amazing that no one producing this stuff realizes that the quality of the show is always better when Tumor isn't around. Oh well, at least there will be at least one ep of this series not fully retarded.
Nov 13, 2010 9:43 PM

Oct 2010
wheresthehandle said:
Misaka's ass!

Followed by a pic of it.
NFSW

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 13, 2010 10:02 PM

Sep 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
wheresthehandle said:
Misaka's ass!

Followed by a pic of it.
NFSW
It took me ten minutes to properly pause at that moment in the video, but I had to make sure it was real... I'll have to decide what that says about me once I get past the glee this picture brings me.
Nov 13, 2010 11:01 PM

Oct 2010
This whole episode was just Railgun in Index guise. I loved it.
Nov 14, 2010 12:00 AM

Feb 2010
Another teleport-like skill is kinda lame , i was expecting something new , also her skill is just better? that's OP! (it's cuz she is level 4?)

also the accelerator x last order part = win.

fine first ep of the arc (but wasn't that good really) , let's see how this go on.
VanisherNov 14, 2010 12:05 AM
Nov 14, 2010 12:17 AM
Mar 2010
Leon-Gun said:
herox3 said:
You really hate poor Kuroko, lol. There's a LOT of volumes to cover you know. I think they want to cover enough ground so as to at least get the main story rolling (and by that I mean, for Academy City to drop the facade of being family friendly fun).

They should've done that with the 7th arct then >.> And no I don't hate Kuroko, in fact, I like her. I just like seeing Kuroko get hurt for some reason ;;
Nov 14, 2010 1:16 AM

Oct 2010
yeah biribiri is the true main. railgun is really better.
Nov 14, 2010 1:32 AM

Oct 2009
Well this was better than last 5 episodes put together.
Yeah science side seems to be much better alright :<

And whats with the stupid arguing and rage in this thread ( >.<)
AozureNov 14, 2010 1:38 AM
Nov 14, 2010 2:34 AM

Oct 2010
DeathReaper said:
It's about Index and Kuroko/Misaka. Science VS Religion. My take on this is that Index x Touma will never beat Misaka x Touma from what I read in hentai fan mangas. You really have to see that to know why the whole who is better for Touma. IMO most of those fan based mangas are really about Index being a lesbian than a lover for Touma. Point is that this episode was really much more to please Accelerator girls for I don't remember a scene as steaming as the one of Accelerator where they went as far as showing fan service of him.

Same goes to a certain unique approach of Kuroko. The only time her wounds really did surprise me was when she was a kid in Railgun. This episode surprised me the most. You can notice from the pics that I did not see her being damaged like to the point of having a serious bleeding. That Move Point is rather extremely dangerous but I do wonder what is its flaw? I am sure with powers comes great weaknesses like Superman being weak against a certain element.
Gangler said:
Yumekichi11 said:
wheresthehandle said:
Misaka's ass!

Followed by a pic of it.
NFSW
It took me ten minutes to properly pause at that moment in the video, but I had to make sure it was real... I'll have to decide what that says about me once I get past the glee this picture brings me.
Yeah that's because it goes by fast you have to slow motion the video and even that you can miss it. Furthermore censoring is all over the place that can be uncensored.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 14, 2010 3:38 AM

Jul 2009
Teleporter Ability = Epic Win =D
I'm sooo looking forward to next episode.
Maybe i will watch the raw first this time xD

Nov 14, 2010 6:11 AM

Sep 2008
Vanisher said:
Another teleport-like skill is kinda lame , i was expecting something new , also her skill is just better? that's OP! (it's cuz she is level 4?)

also the accelerator x last order part = win.

fine first ep of the arc (but wasn't that good really) , let's see how this go on.
It's not a matter of op, sometimes other people are just better than you at what you do. In fact in general we want the villain to be stronger, smarter, more skilled, or to have more money than the good guy. Is profeser Xavier OP because he's a better telepath than jean grey? Is the abomination in the hulk movie with edward norton op because he is stronger than the hulk while maintaining his full human intelligence? Is every villain in a shonen action series that requires the main character to go through extensive training in order to fight op? Were almost all the previous villains op because they had godlike power like ars magna and the ability to destroy half a planet (angel fall)?

This really isn't a situation where the concept of op applies. Even if it was a videogame we're still talking about a villain and the villains are always ridiculously strong. If they're of equivalent strength then that's a rival not a villain (though you can have both, right now we do not).
Nov 14, 2010 8:03 AM

Oct 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
DeathReaper said:
It's about Index and Kuroko/Misaka. Science VS Religion. My take on this is that Index x Touma will never beat Misaka x Touma from what I read in hentai fan mangas. You really have to see that to know why the whole who is better for Touma. IMO most of those fan based mangas are really about Index being a lesbian than a lover for Touma. Point is that this episode was really much more to please Accelerator girls for I don't remember a scene as steaming as the one of Accelerator where they went as far as showing fan service of him.

LOLWUT?
Nov 14, 2010 8:50 AM
Jul 2018
i hate kuroko so didnt like this episode much. her voice is annoying and every other word out of her mouth is onee-sama.which gets annoying.
Nov 14, 2010 2:11 PM

Aug 2008
Yeah finally an episode with Biribiri goodness!
Nice to see Misaka 10032 too. :D
Nov 14, 2010 2:17 PM

Oct 2009
Moar Misaka, Kuroko & Railgun ^^
Nov 14, 2010 4:00 PM

Oct 2010
hikaricore said:

i hope that in the next, all the character are involved...
Nov 14, 2010 4:53 PM

May 2010
puchacamilo said:
hikaricore said:

Except for Saten-san and Uihara right?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 14, 2010 5:39 PM

Feb 2010
Confucius said:
puchacamilo said:
hikaricore said:

Except for Saten-san and Uihara right?
Especially Saten and Uihara, we do not need a Railgun S2 here.
Nov 14, 2010 5:54 PM

Dec 2009
I disliked Railgun for its ridiculous events and story, but this episode was great.
Kuroko is still annoying, but, when it comes down to business, really cool.
Plus, appearance of Kazari and Accelerator = win.
Nov 14, 2010 5:56 PM

Jun 2008
hikaricore said:

Yeah, that's what made it so great.

Although Uiharu is still a lame character, oh well she's still no where near as bad as index...
Nov 14, 2010 7:35 PM

Sep 2008
What's wrong with uiharu? She's just the computer girl. She handles the computations well. When people complain about some characters I at least can guess at what their problem is, an annoying voice, needyness, inconsideration, but I'm actually having trouble figuring out what uiharu's flaw is. She just seems like a somewhat timid girl they put in place to work the computer end of judgement and establish the social standing of tokiwadai.
Nov 14, 2010 8:16 PM
Dec 2007
Gangler said:
What's wrong with uiharu? She's just the computer girl. She handles the computations well. When people complain about some characters I at least can guess at what their problem is, an annoying voice, needyness, inconsideration, but I'm actually having trouble figuring out what uiharu's flaw is. She just seems like a somewhat timid girl they put in place to work the computer end of judgement and establish the social standing of tokiwadai.
She's not from Tokiwadai though. That said, they probably just hate her because of the fact she's weak, almost powerless in terms of esper abilities, and has a sort of chirpy voice which some people hate to death (well duh, Aki-chan voices her, who also did Yui with the exact same voice).

I add though that I liked her, she complements Kuroko pretty well and serves as pretty much one of her actual friends seeing as how Mikoto's relation with her is rather too extreme to be called a regular friendship, plus she does her job well. What more do they expect from her?
Leon-GunNov 14, 2010 8:20 PM

Nov 14, 2010 8:18 PM

Nov 2008
Its true that this episode was good but saying it's because it included some railgun its just silly imo, this is why I prefer the Index series over the railgun series, mikoto and kuroko look best in this series where theres actually a plot instead of just a slice of life like railgun is. anyway it was nice seeing mikoto and kuroko in this ep. hope it gets even better.
Nov 14, 2010 8:20 PM

May 2010
alexcampos said:
hikaricore said:

Although Uiharu is still a lame character, oh well she's still no where near as bad as index...

That is debatable. Her powers are heating food okay? HEATING FOOD.

Index can bite her ears off
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 14, 2010 8:22 PM

Jul 2008
Arcangel92 said:
Its true that this episode was good but saying it's because it included some railgun its just silly imo, this is why I prefer the Index series over the railgun series, mikoto and kuroko look best in this series where theres actually a plot instead of just a slice of life like railgun is. anyway it was nice seeing mikoto and kuroko in this ep. hope it gets even better.

Note that the railgun anime has nothing to do with the railgun manga after the level up incident. On the contrary Railgun is more plot focused and Index more slice of life focused.
I get the feeling that most of the people that don't like the science side just aren't liking Kuroko's VA, in which case I think it is not enough to influence one's judgement.
Nov 14, 2010 8:26 PM
Dec 2007
Confucius said:
alexcampos said:
hikaricore said:

That is debatable. Her powers are heating food okay? HEATING FOOD.

Index can bite her ears off
I'm not sure if the manga actually reveals her power. I'm almost certain the anime decided to add that as part of the fillers.

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

237 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

54 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

175 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

136 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Feb 25, 2011

139 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 26, 3:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.