Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (23) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 26, 2011 2:52 PM

May 2008
Renaming to Discard All would make sense... it's still not very useful when users have any filters setup, but it's already there and might be useful to someone.

I wasn't sure how to fix this:
saka said:
  • Discarded torrents are not remembered when closing and reopening taiga

edit: yeah looks a lot better in your new build... thanks for listening to my little complaints and cleaning up my mess. I hadn't noticed the context menu entry because I needed to update my theme file; thanks for all the great work.
sakaJul 26, 2011 10:15 PM

I am a banana.
Aug 14, 2011 5:33 AM
Jun 2009
Issue with share folders
IvanBAug 14, 2011 5:57 AM
Aug 14, 2011 6:31 AM

Nov 2007
Thanks for the detailed information, the fact that there was no issue with Taiga v0.7 really helped. I've found the problem and fixed it.
Sep 6, 2011 3:54 PM

Feb 2010
I just heard of this program today and decided to give it a try. I'm having an issue with filters for the RSS feed though. Every time I try to add a new one Taiga freezes up.

I'm using Windows 7 Professional x68 with Taiga 0.8.121

Error message Windows gives me:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Taiga.exe
Application Version: 0.8.121.0
Application Timestamp: 4e4d289b
Fault Module Name: Taiga.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.8.121.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e4d289b
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000222e1
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

If you need any more information feel free to ask.
Sep 7, 2011 5:56 PM

Feb 2009
LavaDragon said:
I just heard of this program today and decided to give it a try. I'm having an issue with filters for the RSS feed though. Every time I try to add a new one Taiga freezes up.

I'm using Windows 7 Professional x68 with Taiga 0.8.121

Error message Windows gives me:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Taiga.exe
Application Version: 0.8.121.0
Application Timestamp: 4e4d289b
Fault Module Name: Taiga.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.8.121.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e4d289b
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000222e1
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

If you need any more information feel free to ask.

This actually was fixed in v0.8.123. Just check for updates and you should get the new version.

Sep 8, 2011 10:07 AM

Feb 2010
Diablofan said:

This actually was fixed in v0.8.123. Just check for updates and you should get the new version.

Every time I start Taiga it shows it downloading Taiga.exe but it always ends up being .121. I looked on the Google Code page and the latest downloadable version is .121 but the latest development version is .123. How do I get .123?
Sep 12, 2011 2:04 PM

Feb 2009
LavaDragon said:
Diablofan said:

Every time I start Taiga it shows it downloading Taiga.exe but it always ends up being .121. I looked on the Google Code page and the latest downloadable version is .121 but the latest development version is .123. How do I get .123?

When I get home from school tonight, I'll compile v 123 for you and PM you a link to download

Sep 12, 2011 3:41 PM

Feb 2010
Diablofan said:
LavaDragon said:
Diablofan said:

When I get home from school tonight, I'll compile v 123 for you and PM you a link to download

Thank you very much, I appreciate it.
Sep 16, 2011 2:23 AM

May 2009
Ohai.

I installed Taiga to my laptop (with w7 in it) yesterday. Everything was looking normal yesterday but today:

I couldn't change the icon. I changed 3-4 times but nothing happened. What am I doing wrong?

Btw, v123?
Sep 16, 2011 11:24 PM

Feb 2009
UnderminE said:
Ohai.

I installed Taiga to my laptop (with w7 in it) yesterday. Everything was looking normal yesterday but today:

I couldn't change the icon. I changed 3-4 times but nothing happened. What am I doing wrong?

Btw, v123?

Strange... you should be able to change the icon by finding the EXE and then selecting the icon in it for both of those.

Also, v. 123 is the latest code revision on the SVN, which fixed torrent filters that broke in one of the previous revisions. It's already available and you should have it if you're checking for updates regularly (Help > Check For Updates).

Sep 17, 2011 9:51 PM

Nov 2007
LavaDragon said:
Every time I start Taiga it shows it downloading Taiga.exe but it always ends up being .121.

I've just tried running Taiga on Windows 7 x86 on a virtual machine and was able to reproduce the problem. Can you try it again now? A new UpdateHelper.exe will be downloaded along with Taiga.exe and hopefully succeed this time.

UnderminE said:
Ohai.

I installed Taiga to my laptop (with w7 in it) yesterday. Everything was looking normal yesterday but today: http://puu.sh/5GXY

Btw, v123?

Hai. This is a very well-known problem among Osu fans, caused by a general lack of skill at using mouse and indicates a poor sense of rhythm... xD

Ahem. I don't think that you're doing anything wrong. Restarting the computer usually fixes the issue. If not, you can create a new shortcut or try rebuilding the icon cache:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/49819-icon-cache-rebuild.html

Let me know if you have any problems finding the IconCache.db file.
Sep 19, 2011 4:38 PM

Nov 2009
To be clear, mark versions with v (v0.8.123), and revisions with r (r123)
Sep 27, 2011 2:13 PM

Aug 2009
Okay, so I can't log in using the official API connection, but can when using Default.
But the problem is whenever i try to synchronize my list, the balloon says "Update failed. Reason: You must be logged in to use this."
Sep 27, 2011 6:44 PM

May 2008
@WHY: did you input your username in capitals? ... because the login check fails if you use the lowercase version of your username. The default doesn't seem to be case sensitive so it still gets through. The passwords are always case-sensitive of course.

I am a banana.
Nov 8, 2011 3:41 AM

Aug 2008
Hi!
I have a question. It's normal that taiga requires admin rights to be executed?
I tried redownloading it and reinstalling it, but taiga requires admin rights every time.
I admit that on my pc (win7 x64) in the past I had some problems with admin rights, but even on another pc it's the same (winVista x86).

I don't think that a program like taiga should need admin rights, so I stopped using it for now.
I like taiga, it's a simple and light program, very useful. but at the moment I'm using another sw...

thanks in advance
Nov 8, 2011 1:14 PM

Feb 2009
dragone17 said:
Hi!
I have a question. It's normal that taiga requires admin rights to be executed?
I tried redownloading it and reinstalling it, but taiga requires admin rights every time.
I admit that on my pc (win7 x64) in the past I had some problems with admin rights, but even on another pc it's the same (winVista x86).

I don't think that a program like taiga should need admin rights, so I stopped using it for now.
I like taiga, it's a simple and light program, very useful. but at the moment I'm using another sw...

thanks in advance
The reason that taiga requires admin is that it's checks for updates at the start of the program, and if there is an update, it updates the program. It also assumes that it's in a directory where it needs admin status to edit the files. A quick fix to that is lowering the UAC level in the Control Panel (Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Change User Account Control Settings).

Personally, i'd like to see it only do that when it runs update helper, and have update helper expanded to apply updates to any file in Taiga before Taiga starts.

Nov 9, 2011 12:59 AM

Aug 2008
Diablofan said:
The reason that taiga requires admin is that it's checks for updates at the start of the program, and if there is an update, it updates the program. It also assumes that it's in a directory where it needs admin status to edit the files. A quick fix to that is lowering the UAC level in the Control Panel (Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Change User Account Control Settings).

Personally, i'd like to see it only do that when it runs update helper, and have update helper expanded to apply updates to any file in Taiga before Taiga starts.

I'd like it too...
I usually put taiga (and other programs that don't need a real install) in my \users\ or other places without admin needs, so I didn't think admin was needed anyway.
but if it isn't possible for taiga to require admin only when is needed (installing it in \program files\ for example), I'll take as it is now :D

now that I reopened taiga, i noticed another little problem...
In the list it doesn't function anymore the middle click to perform operation (open folder or details)... the double click is ok.
maybe later I try to redownload and reinstall it...

thanks
Nov 10, 2011 8:59 AM

Feb 2009
dragone17 said:
Diablofan said:

I'd like it too...
I usually put taiga (and other programs that don't need a real install) in my users or other places without admin needs, so I didn't think admin was needed anyway.
but if it isn't possible for taiga to require admin only when is needed (installing it in program files for example), I'll take as it is now :D

now that I reopened taiga, i noticed another little problem...
In the list it doesn't function anymore the middle click to perform operation (open folder or details)... the double click is ok.
maybe later I try to redownload and reinstall it...

thanks

I would check your settings regarding that. It might be the settings file might have gotten screwed up (somehow not sure how) and erased that setting.

Nov 11, 2011 3:30 AM

Aug 2008
I have found the problem with the middle click...

it's logitech setpoint 6, the sw for my mouse (logitech performance mx).
When i close it the middle click in taiga works.
First I tried reinstalling taiga from the beginning, with new settings, then I thought about the mouse sw...

for now I'll remain with setpoint and without middle click in taiga (I can live without it).
If someone knows how to make both works i'm interested...

thanks for the help
Dec 5, 2011 3:43 PM
Apr 2008
Not so much a bug report, but I'd like to pass on useful potentially useful information concerning the inability to update to v.123.

I was attempting to update today due to the quite irritating filter crash, but was unable. Based on some of the more recent posts concerning admin rights, I moved Taiga from the default Program Files folder to another drive. Doing so allowed me to update without problem (note that running the program with admin privileges at its previous location also failed to update).

Anyway, great little program you've got here. Still missing a thing or two I got used to from MALu, but once the program remembers its screen location and size, I won't have any complaints.
Dec 7, 2011 8:42 PM
Jun 2008
I still can't update my list.

Edit: nvm, it's working perfectly now. =D
RenzokukenJan 6, 2012 11:30 AM
Jan 10, 2012 1:47 AM

Oct 2009
Is it just me or is the Messenger Announcement really inconsistent. It works sometimes but not every time.

I have to close and re-open the media player a few times until it does decide to work.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2012 5:12 AM
Jun 2008

when I added %total% in the format string, it doesn't show a "-" or "?" sign for the on going (or still unknown how many episodes) anime. As you can see it read "3 of episodes". Can this be fixed?
Jan 18, 2012 5:51 AM

Nov 2007
All variables in Taiga return an empty string if their corresponding value is empty. In your case, %total% returns nothing when the total episode count is unknown. You can still turn that into a question mark or anything else though; all you need to do is to use an $if() statement:

$if(%total%,%total%,?)

Which means: "If %total% is not empty, print %total%. Otherwise print '?'." You can also use something like this in order to display total episodes only if it's valid:

Recently watched: %title% - %episode% $if(%total%,of %total% episodes )[http://myanimelist.net/anime/%id%] #MyAnimeList

Which will return in two different results depending on whether %total% is unknown or not:

Recently watched: Natsume Yuujinchou Shi - 3 [http://myanimelist.net/anime/11665] #MyAnimeList

Recently watched: Natsume Yuujinchou San - 3 of 13 episodes [http://myanimelist.net/anime/10379] #MyAnimeList
Jan 18, 2012 6:09 AM
Jun 2008
That's really good stuff, thanks a lot! The app is just awesome, man.
Jan 18, 2012 8:19 AM

Feb 2009
Tokyotosho search is broken since they implemented magnet links, which broke the search parser. All TT searches now show up with only 1 column filled for all the results and it's an HTML Image tag of the magnet link.

Jan 18, 2012 8:34 AM

Nov 2007
Renzokuken said:
That's really good stuff, thanks a lot! The app is just awesome, man.
Glad you like it (:

slevir said:
and I'm not sure whether it's a bug or not, but how, for example, resolutions are compared? It's possible to set it to something like "greater than 480p". Does it get converted to number before actual comparison?
WHY said:
Okay, so I can't log in using the official API connection, but can when using Default.
But the problem is whenever i try to synchronize my list, the balloon says "Update failed. Reason: You must be logged in to use this."
michaelfeb16 said:
Still missing a thing or two I got used to from MALu, but once the program remembers its screen location and size, I won't have any complaints.
Just a heads up: All of these are currently fixed/added and are going be in our upcoming release.

Yanoflies said:
Is it just me or is the Messenger Announcement really inconsistent. It works sometimes but not every time.

I have to close and re-open the media player a few times until it does decide to work.
I've just tested the announcements with the latest version of Messenger and there was no problem whatsoever. One thing to keep in mind is that Messenger announcements are made after the delay time (Settings → Account → Update) is up, so that might be the cause of the apparent inconsistency.

Diablofan said:
Tokyotosho search is broken since they implemented magnet links, which broke the search parser. All TT searches now show up with only 1 column filled for all the results and it's an HTML Image tag of the magnet link.
Yeah, I've noticed that but currently have no means of fixing it. Someone has to clone and edit the pipe we've been using I guess.
Jan 18, 2012 3:05 PM

Feb 2009
erengy said:
Diablofan said:
Yeah, I've noticed that but currently have no means of fixing it. Someone has to clone and edit the pipe we've been using I guess.
I'll take a crack at fixing it later. Just need to find the pipe you're talking about in the code and fix it.
DiablofanJan 18, 2012 5:24 PM

Jan 18, 2012 4:12 PM
Jan 18, 2012 5:24 PM

Feb 2009
Thanks, working on it now.

Jan 19, 2012 8:25 AM

Feb 2009
Alright, cloned the pipe and fixed it. Updated the Theme.xml file on the SVN with the new URL for it. Searching should now be fixed.

Jan 19, 2012 7:27 PM

Nov 2007
Thanks! In fact, that takes care of the last thing that is keeping me from releasing v0.9.
Jan 19, 2012 8:05 PM

Feb 2009
erengy said:
Thanks! In fact, that takes care of the last thing that is keeping me from releasing v0.9.
Really? What did I fix as well when I did that, descriptions?

Jan 22, 2012 5:23 AM

Sep 2008
My pc use Buddhist calendar. I have problem with Buddhist year in last version.(0.8 and before I don't have this problem.)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4021127/img/taiga_problem.jpg
Jan 22, 2012 11:23 AM
Oct 2010
Wait for media player to close to update doesn't seem to be working since the update it uses the delay time
Jan 22, 2012 1:16 PM

Nov 2007
@ThaiAnime:
Not sure how that one happened. I haven't changed anything related to start & finish dates for v0.9 either. Does that happen for all the other series as well?

@ZombieGoNomNom:
At the risk of sounding cliché, that is not a bug but a feature. Update time choices work as following:

After a new episode on a media player is detected;

• Instant: Your list is updated right away.
  • Wait for media player to close: Your list is updated after the media player is closed, if delay time is up at that moment.
  • After delay time: Your list is updated after delay time is up, if media player is still running at that moment.

In other words, delay time is valid for both the second and third choices. I'll try to make that more apparent on our next release.
  • Feb 3, 2012 11:04 AM
    Jun 2008
    Taiga couldn't recognize Black Rock Shooter, I think it's because MyAnimeList titled as "Black★Rock Shooter (TV)" and the fansubs are releasing it as "Black★Rock Shooter" or "Black Rock Shooter".
    Feb 6, 2012 6:30 AM

Feb 2009
    Renzokuken said:
    Taiga couldn't recognize Black Rock Shooter, I think it's because MyAnimeList titled as "Black★Rock Shooter (TV)" and the fansubs are releasing it as "Black★Rock Shooter" or "Black Rock Shooter".
    Add that as Alternate title in the Info Box (My Information Tab) for BRS TV. Taiga will recognize it then.

Also, have a bug SilverDragon found and I confirmed. It seems when you watch something, if you refresh your list, recognition stops and the show you're watching is goes unidentified.

Open an episode of an anime, switch back to Taiga after it's been recognized, then refresh your list. You'll see that the show which was recognized is no longer recognized even though its still playing.

Feb 8, 2012 5:04 AM
    Jun 2008
    Diablofan said:
    Renzokuken said:
    Add that as Alternate title in the Info Box (My Information Tab) for BRS TV. Taiga will recognize it then.

Perfect! this app is just amazing.
    Feb 9, 2012 9:54 PM

Nov 2009
    It seems that taiga writes wrong torrent options to Settings.xml file, on Torrent->Options tab choosing "Use default application" writes settings/rss/torrent/application[mode=1], and "Use custom application" writes mode=2, while actual values seem to be 0 and 1. Version is 0.9.138, don't have Visual Studio for now to confirm in svn build.
    Feb 10, 2012 1:59 AM

Nov 2007
    slevir said:
    It seems that taiga writes wrong torrent options to Settings.xml file, on Torrent->Options tab choosing "Use default application" writes settings/rss/torrent/application[mode=1], and "Use custom application" writes mode=2, while actual values seem to be 0 and 1. Version is 0.9.138, don't have Visual Studio for now to confirm in svn build.

There was indeed an error with application mode, though it was not related to its values. On the bright side, it took us almost two years to notice this bug :D (Looks like it had been there since before the first public release of Taiga.)
    Feb 11, 2012 12:47 AM

Nov 2009
    cause nobody ever changes those settings more than one time, and it doesn't reveal oneself after one change
    Mar 18, 2012 4:13 AM
    Aug 2008
    Animes with zero popularity should be placed at the bottom of the list
    http://i.imgur.com/dd42q.png
    Mar 18, 2012 7:46 AM

Nov 2007
    Hmm, I guess I'll need to do a little bit of custom sorting there. Thanks for reporting. (Edit: Fixed!)
    erengyMar 24, 2012 5:47 PM
    Mar 27, 2012 12:58 PM

Sep 2008
    I had the "Show balloon tooltips" option uncheck but I was still receiving notifications to the taskbar. Deleting the format string make the notifications go away. This is a minor problem that has an easy workaround but I just wanted to bring this to your attention to see if it is a bug or that I'm doing something wrong.
    Apr 21, 2012 1:29 PM

Feb 2009
    In regards to the latest revision of the code, revision 146, I'm getting an std::out_of_range exception when leaving the function GradientRect in gfx.cpp. This happens when I try to switch to the On Hold or Plan to Watch tabs in Taiga.

A second thing I've encountered in revision 146 is that the folder searcher seems to fill the folder entry for EVERY anime thats on my Current, On Hold and Plan to Watch with the $RECYCLE.BIN directory on the first drive in my root drive list (for example, I have D:\, H:\ and J:\ as root folders, Taiga is filling in all the folders as D:\$RECYCLE.BIN\)

A third problem I've encountered, which relates to the first, is when you close your media player you get the same exception message in the same function as in the first problem I denoted. And now for some reason Taiga thinks I'm watching episode 9 of Psycho-Pass when I try to reopen it with MPC opened up.

A 4th problem I seem to have encountered is when opening the torrent dialog box and checking for new torrents. Everything downloads like it should, but every anime title is not what they should be but yet instead replaced with Psycho-Pass.

Apr 21, 2012 1:39 PM

Nov 2007
    Variable found is initialized as true instead of false at recognition.cpp:75, that's what causes recognition to act up. Psycho-Pass is probably the latest item in your anime list and since items are checked in reverse order, Taiga falsely recognizes everything as Psycho-Pass for you. Will commit a fix for that later on today, along with some other things.

Furion45086 said:
    I had the "Show balloon tooltips" option uncheck but I was still receiving notifications to the taskbar. Deleting the format string make the notifications go away. This is a minor problem that has an easy workaround but I just wanted to bring this to your attention to see if it is a bug or that I'm doing something wrong.

This is now fixed as well. Thanks!
    erengyApr 21, 2012 3:14 PM
    Apr 21, 2012 11:59 PM

Feb 2009
    From a little digging around in trying to figure out why it was crashing. I came across something odd about the drawing of the bar available episodes buffer. The buffer is being drawn one too far over from where it should start.

For example, I've seen 15/26 episodes of Aquarion Evol and the available buffer drawn appears to start at where 17 should be, even though 17 isn't out yet. I have 16 on my drive in my Aquarion Evol directory. Same thing with Macross Plus, and Gintama. It draws it at next episode + 1, then fills it the rest of the way until you don't have anymore files.

I think this is possibly related to the crashing because while tracing what happens prior to the crash, it hits the IsEpisodeAvailable function and crashes there with an out of range exception.

Regardless of whether this is related to the crashing or not when switching to those tabs, the available episode buffer drawing bug should be looked into.

Edit: The line in question I'm looking at is 391 in dlg_main_controls.cpp
    DiablofanApr 22, 2012 12:02 AM

Apr 22, 2012 2:29 PM

Nov 2007
    I recently came across a similar drawing issue with Ah! My Goddess, where the series had a total of 24 episodes and I had 26 on my disk (last two of them being specials). Sure, I'll look into it.

As for the crashing issue, IsEpisodeAvailable() function does have a size-check, so not sure why it still throws out an exception for you. Could you try adding some debugging code into the function to compare number and my_info_->available_episodes.size()? (Edit: OK, got it. This should be fixed in r149.)

That being said, off-by-one errors are an inseparable part of programming anyway :P
    erengyApr 22, 2012 4:04 PM
    Apr 23, 2012 12:21 PM

Feb 2009
    Yep, r149 fixed that bug. Thanks for getting that. I'll post back when I find more bugs in it. I've tried a bit so far and haven't encountered anything too buggy yet thankfully.

I think I might found another slight bug, but I'll need to look into it more first before I post it, which I won't be able to do for another 4 hours at least.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
    Pages (23) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Recognition problems ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

erengy - Jun 3, 2010

300 by Xeroeth »»
    Aug 9, 2021 2:24 PM

» any new news on Taiga working?

xDreww - Nov 23, 2019

5 by cHowaito »»
    Jul 28, 2021 6:25 AM

» Dark theme?

Hyoretsu - Dec 12, 2019

1 by Squirt_lel »»
    Jul 14, 2020 6:59 AM

» Error when synchronizing list (Since MAL API Update)

dadnaya - May 24, 2018

20 by xDreww »»
    Nov 23, 2019 5:47 PM

» Twitter posting

zatinho - Mar 27, 2019

0 by zatinho »»
    Mar 27, 2019 5:04 AM
    It’s time to ditch the text file.
    Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.