Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (22) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 13, 2023 6:26 AM
Jul 2020
Hello there!
I'm Niraj!

I first heard about the manga from the Kaguya-sama subreddit, which was at the time sharing the audience for Oshi no ko and Kaguya sama. I decided to not look at it at the time, but when I saw the review of the manga on one of TheAnimeMan's videos, I decided to give it a try. By this time the manga had grown a lot in popularity, and after catching up to the latest chapter I knew why it did. I fell in love with the tragic and serious setting of the story and have been following it since. I was delighted to know that there would be an anime adaptation soon because there are some emotions that just can't be felt without them being on video.
The character I like the most so far is mainly Aqua because of how he is driven purely by his thirst for revenge and is ready to throw away anything and everything that he wants to find the culprit and to keep his sister safe. 
Apr 13, 2023 6:57 AM
Dec 2018
MAL_Event said:

When did you first hear about the anime/manga? I started reding the manga from week 1
Manga reader or Anime-only viewer? Manga and anime
Do you have an "Oshi"? (aka your bias) Not much
Favorite character so far? (or the one that looks the most interesting!) Arima is my only Love
Favorite music/movie/other? In viaggio con pippo
Apr 13, 2023 7:15 AM
Sep 2016
Hey everyone! 

1. I first heard about Oshi no Ko due to the You Should Read This Manga 2023 Challenge Stack, just a few days ago.
  2. I started by reading the manga and I am loving it. I'll also be watching the anime as it airs.
  3. Oh, there are quite a few. Off the top of my head, from KPOP I'd say Solar from Mamamoo, Jennie from Blackpink, San from Ateez, Taeyong from NCT, among others. I'm also partial to actress Park Bo-young. She was in the first kdrama I ever watched (Oh My Ghostess) and I've been a fan ever since. I'll watch anything she's in.
  4. Well, this is a difficult one. I'm still only 30 chapters in on the manga. Honestly, I'm still hung up on Ai, rooting for Aqua and loving Ruby, so... This is one charismatic family, what can I say.
  5. Too many to list, I'm simply awful when it comes to picking favourites.

Thanks for reading! ;-)
Apr 13, 2023 7:32 AM
Aug 2018
Hi i am EdgeLordKirito
I know cringe name but it stuck to me and now I embrace it.
I first heard about the Mange when Kaguya Sama S3. aired and i was checking out Aka Akasaka mal Page. I never expected it to be this good i was instantly hooked after watching the first episode and binged the Manga immedietly after finishing the episode.
Well as mentioned i binged the manga took about 12 hours though Manga reader.
I do not know what you mean with oshi and bias does not really explain it either.
Definetly Ai just her cheerful yet sad Personality is fascinating.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apr 13, 2023 10:06 AM

Oct 2018
Hiyah! I'm Natsuki. I found Oshi no Ko randomly online from the internet and read it afterwards. I didn't care if it was written by Aka Akasaka or whoever the author was. I don't have an Oshi and I don't have any favorite character because most of them are either pretentious, edgy, or just one-dimentional, even the story. But the great thing about this book is it serves as an awareness to many people that being in an idol industry is not that cool or awesome. Idol industry is a bag of b*llshit that not everything is supposed to be gold. It reminds me the case of Aya Hirano and other celebrities that took their lives or felt shamed because of showbiz. Stories like this about real life people, situations, or events should be mostly present to many people, not like full of ridiculous fanservices or some sh*t. That's it and thanks.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Apr 13, 2023 10:23 AM
Apr 2023
Hello everyone my name is izabel_1 i found this anime while looking for another anime. I only watch the anime manga is not my thing. I don't know an Oshi so I can't know if I have it or not.My favorite character is Ai I just like her she is just something special for me in the anime. But I also like their twins. My favorite song is the OP from Oshi no ko.

I hope we all get along well.
Apr 13, 2023 10:51 AM
Mar 2018
I'm Landon
I love Aka Akasaka's works and Oshi No Ko is one of the reasons i'm so into manga. The anime adaptation looks so good so far. I really hope everyone loves it. I love many of the characters but I think my top 3 might be Miyako Saitou, Aqua, and Akane. I'm currently listening to the opening on repeat (I heckin' love YOASOBI)
Apr 13, 2023 11:49 AM
Apr 2023
Hi, I'm Sansan!
I started reading manga today and so far i am fully caught up to it, this manga is just fairly on of the greatest manga I've ever read. Hope that i will start watching anime adaptation soon, i am sure that we will have a wonderful time reading the manga and watching anime <3
Apr 13, 2023 11:49 AM
Jan 2015
Hey guys! My name is Santiago but all my friends refer to me as Terry

I'm from Colombia so please excuse my poor english, i have been a fan of Akasaka Aka since the first season of Kaguya-sama aired and soon after i finished catching up with the manga i found out about Oshi no ko and i have been following the manga ever since, i waited a long time for the animation and i'm glad that it's finally here

My favorite character in the series is definetly Arima Kana and i can't wait to see her! She's a well built-up character and a cute one to top it off so i'm hyped

Let's all enjoy the show and have fun while watching the anime!!
Apr 13, 2023 11:57 AM

Dec 2021
Hi, Sam here. I read the manga up until ~90 chapters. My favorite is Mem-cho as I can relate a bit to her being an older character than the rest.

Current fav song: One Last Kiss by Hikaru Utada
Apr 13, 2023 1:33 PM
Nov 2021
Hello I am Nasif_tg! 

I first heard about Oshi no ko from a youtuber who read the manga and 29 others, It really caught my attention. Then Gigguk made a video about it too i think. I got really interested but waited for the anime to drop.
I am an anime-only viewer, as mentioned before I was interested in reading the manga but since the anime is dropping, why not show some patience? 
I don't have an oshi, I already had the knowledge of all that glitters is not gold so being an fan makes me realise those things even more. 
Favourite character is definitely Aqua, I want to see how his revenge plays out! and side character is definitely director. I really like the "friendship" between director and Aqua.

Too many favourites to list, but I wanna say Oshi no ko just from is first ep is one of my favourites!

PS: I thought up some: top animes: 86, Konosuba, Re:zero, OreGairu. Song is definitely Idol from YOASOBI [I love em], Game is Genshin Impact, Food is probably pizza not sure food is great in general
Nasif_Apr 13, 2023 1:43 PM
Apr 13, 2023 3:09 PM

Feb 2021
Ahoy there!
You can call be Cala or Squab, I don't mind which.

When did you first hear about the anime/manga? - I first heard about it when the anime released the first key image
Manga reader or Anime-only viewer? - I'm an anime only
Do you have an "Oshi"? (aka your bias) - I really like Lupin III
Favorite character so far? (or the one that looks the most interesting!) - I think Mem-Cho looks the coolest
Favorite music/movie/other? - I've been pretty into rock and jazz music lately

I've heard good things about the manga, so I'm looking forward to seeing how good the anime is!
Calabre006Apr 13, 2023 5:49 PM
cryptic
and
Squab
Apr 13, 2023 4:28 PM
Dec 2022
Hello!! My is Meiyu!! I first came across oshi no ko when looking through aka akasakas works. I am manga reader that's caught up with the latest chapter. I'm hoping to discuss theorys and chat about oshi no ko
Apr 13, 2023 4:43 PM
Hishow-senpai

Jul 2022
Hi Guys
I'm Hish 

Kaguya-sama was amazing but Oshi no Ko is a masterpiece 10/10 i love it  >o<
I hope it continues to surprise me

From here i want to enjoy this anime with you guys

Apr 13, 2023 6:39 PM
Oct 2020
Hello Everyone!
I am Whooper

I knew about Oshi no Ko since it came out but never read it even now. I regret never reading it back then but at least I can binge read it now. First episode was amazing, and it was the anime I was most looking forward to. I don’t have a straight favorite right now but i do like about every main focus character shown so far.

I also love YOASOBI as well so the OP is stuck in my head since the they first previewed it. Also like Rie a lot so I just know this anime will be amazing
Apr 13, 2023 6:52 PM
Apr 2023
Hello. I’m not gonna say my real name so you can call me by my username. I first hear or watch anime was Dragon Ball Z, it’s one the first anime I have ever watch, then after that I started watching more which it got me into it. To go further I did continue on Romance and drama anime it was also fun to watch. I sometimes read manga and watch mostly anime. (This is really not an third question) I first learned about “Oshi” from a video “no spoiler” I did watch it for myself and done watching it and now I'm depressed. My favorite I got two Aqua and AI so far. Favorite music Riot-three day grace. Favorite movie- Godzilla vs Kong and Dragon ball super Broly. (It’s kinda hard to list your favorite anime movie because most of them are really good!)
Apr 13, 2023 8:06 PM
Oct 2020
Hi i'm Scaredey. I like the manga of this so i'm excited for the anime. That's all. Bye bye.
Apr 13, 2023 8:14 PM
Jan 2022
hi~ 
I first heard about the manga from one of the garnt's yt video. He praised it and also predicted that there will be an anime soon enough so i was excited since then.

I am an anime only watcher.

I think the director is pretty interesting and well.. rip ai

I am super into the most fmous manga of all time one piece.

Nice to meet y'all :-)
Apr 13, 2023 10:38 PM
Mar 2023
HI I AM DHUN "DHUNDER" GAMING

• When did you first hear about the anime/manga?

I HEARD ABOUT THIS PEAK SHOW THROUGH AKA AKASAKA AND HIS KAYGUYASAMA 

• Manga reader or Anime-only viewer?

I AM MANGA READER I LOVE THE MANGA

• Do you have an "Oshi"? (aka your bias)

MY FAVORITE IS OSHI IS MEMCHO, MEMCHO IS THE BEST CHARACTER I LOVE HER BUT I GOTTA PUT MY GIRL M.F. A.I UP THERE 

• Favorite music/movie/other? 

MY FAVORITE MUSIC AND TYLER'S GRINCH ALBUM 
Apr 13, 2023 11:36 PM
Jan 2021
Hi 
I'm Alexei Kisprey 

Oshi no ko is one of my favorite manga and anime.
I found Oshi no ko from Gramedia (Indonesia's largest bookstore chain). Now, i have 6 volume. but i not a big fans of Aka Akasaka but im enjoy reading Oshi no ko manga
I Huge Fans of Admiral Yi Sun Si, Constantine XI, Salahudin al-Ayyubi, Yoasobi, Hatsune Miku, and Radwimps

Apr 14, 2023 12:18 AM
Dec 2021
Hello, my name is Max, I really like the plot of the series especially when you’re about to finish and you get all excited, I am actually having fun watching and reading the manga, the manga is just truly magnificent, I watched the anime and I thought the voice actors, the animation, the plot would be suck, but I never imagined to be so perfect…
Apr 14, 2023 1:35 AM
Jul 2022
Hi!
My name is l0n313MC. After I did watch Kaguya-Sama I searched more of Akasaka's work and that's how I found Oshi no ko. at the time the manga was still releasing, I had almost read 2,3 volumes. but I stopped reading at some point because I don't like reading stuff.  AI is my favorite character so far! The first episode just tore me apart! 
Apr 14, 2023 3:30 AM
Mar 2020
hello, i'm nea!
i started reading oshi no ko summer last year and first volume in, it's already one hell of a rollercoaster ride.
and yeah i literally teared up watching the first episode. ai's story is so beautiful and i love her so much.

i'm planning on making my own ai cosplay to be used at local anime conventions yet i don't really have much of an
experience when it comes to costume making but i'll try my best to give justice to her character design because
i reallly love it! wish me luck!

i love aqua too! and team akane right here!!
Apr 14, 2023 3:33 AM

Aug 2019
Hello ~~
I'm Nkyoma and it's nice to meet you!
Apr 14, 2023 4:23 AM
Feb 2021
Hello everyone.
I'm Alvi
I started reading oshi no ko since early 2022. I started it after I saw an IG post and since then I really got hooked up to the manga. I expected the manga to be really good since it was the work of
Aka Akasaka's, which it exceeded my expectations. So far my favourite character in the series would be akane cuz the way she supported aqua is amazing and I personally think she's gonna play huge role in the upcoming movie and the development of ruby as an actor in manga.

That's all👍.
Apr 14, 2023 5:01 AM
Mar 2023
Hi there everybody! I'm Blu!
I got into Oshi no Ko after finding out that Aka Akasaka also created this series shortly after finishing the second season of Love is War, one of my all-time favorite romcom animes to date. I haven't read too much as I'm still doing a bit of college stuff but I'm planning to continue where I left off at around Chapter 30. 
Genuinely can't wait for this entire season as I have a sort of love-hate thing going for Aqua since he's a really interesting protagonist for all the wrong reasons.
Hope to enjoy the show with everybody! ^^
Apr 14, 2023 6:00 AM
Apr 2023
Hello! I'm Electra. Though I've only watched the anime and haven't read the manga like everyone else, the first episode really impacted me, unlike most other animes. I'm really excited for future episodes!
Apr 14, 2023 6:19 AM
Jan 2023
Hello!
I'm Cloudy.
I first heard about anime/manga about 3-4 years ago and I don't really have a favorite anime/manga so far because it's hard to choose only one.
I have fallen in love with Oshi no ko anime and am a big fan of Aka Akasaka's work!
I love Ruby and Aqua and hope to see more of them.

Apr 14, 2023 6:23 AM
Sep 2022
Hello
I’m AnimeWatcher2006 but you can called me, AW06

I’m big fan of Akasaka’s previous, Kaguya-sama: Love is War thanks to the anime. When I heard of Oshi no Ko, and when the anime is announced I decided to wait to read the manga and avoid every YouTube video about Oshi no Ko at contain spoiler. After watching the first episode of the anime I decided to read the manga to see what is the differences between the anime and manga It’s definitely one of the best recent manga I have read and I’m currently at chapter 10 so please don’t spoil what after chapter 10. My favorite character of the series is Aqua.

Hope everyone are reading the manga after watching the first episode of Oshi no Ko because it is truly the Attack of Titan episode 1 moment of 2020s (If you don’t what I’m talking, I mean’t to say a anime what broke the internet on its first episode)
Apr 14, 2023 7:58 AM
Apr 2023
Hey!,my name's Trey Sanders!,i came here for social reasons
I love drawing and pizza :)

Apr 14, 2023 8:09 AM
May 2017
Hi, I watch anime.
Apr 14, 2023 8:41 AM
Nov 2020
Hi, Everyone I am Tej
The manga was recommendated by my manga friends. I have been reading the manga. When I heard that its getting a anime, I was very excited for the anime. My favorite characters are Akame and Ruby.
Apr 14, 2023 9:56 AM

Sep 2011
Hi, I am Kurizent.
Well, I've heard alot about this manga and the author was Asa Akasaka from his remarkable previous work. I haven't read manga yet due to time restriction but I've watched the first episode of the anime instead. I'm kind of excited how will anime adaptation turns out in the upcoming episode after the stellar and amazing movie length first episode. So far, I love all the main characters there.
Apr 14, 2023 11:42 AM
Mar 2019
HI All!  Tadeco here!~

The name stands for Tsuyotan Aspecting and Destruction Co, so you can also call me Tsuyotan!

Would be great if the next episode could share more about how Ai feels after Episode 1! 
Apr 14, 2023 1:53 PM

May 2018
Hi! I'm Ana
I first heard about the manga a few months ago when Kaguya-sama 3 was ending
I read a lot of manga and also love anime
Not really??
From "Oshi no Ko" probably Aqua 
It's way too hard to choose a song or movie 🤐
Favourite anime - SnK and Diamond no Ace

Anyways, I'm excited for this anime!
Apr 14, 2023 4:38 PM
Oct 2021
Hi everyone, pleasure to meet you all! I am Lucas

I only became aware of the existence of Koi no Oshi when I saw it in the number 1 position of 9Anime. Since I found it intriguing I decided to give it a try and watched the first episode of the anime.
I loved it so much that I could not wait to know the rest of the story which is why I started reading the manga afterwards and already cought up with the latest chapter. Now it's going to be hell having to wait a whole week to read new chapters :(

I would say that without a doubt my favorite character is Aqua, because he gives my Ayanokoji and yuuichi vibes and I really like these kind of characters who make this genius plans to achieve their goals.

Can't pick a favorite movie but the ones at the top are: Your Name, Weathering with you, I wanna eat your pancreas and Silent Voice.
Favorite animes: Demon Slayer, Naruto, JJK (Hope Oshi no Ko is able to enter this list)
AndThereWasNoneApr 15, 2023 7:48 AM
Apr 14, 2023 5:11 PM
Oct 2019
Hello I'm Nana!
I learned of this anime by coincidence on a youtube short.
And watched the 1st episode as it came out.
I had no knowledge of what this anime was going to be about, so I was completely taken by surprise as I watched the plot unfold.
And DAMN WHAT A PLOT!
I really am completely hooked on this story and can't wait to see how this story will proceed!
I'll definitely also pick up the manga.
Apr 14, 2023 7:06 PM

Feb 2018
Hello everyone,
I am Syureria (just ign name / forum name ofc)

Manga reader or Anime-only viewer?
Heard about this manga years ago but yeahhh i don't have time to read, finally I can watch this masterpiece.

Do you have an "Oshi"? (aka your bias)
I dont know really.

Favorite music/movie/other?
All of the Haruka Shimotsuki Album, Movie... hmmmm I think Byousoku 5 cm, and I like Amamiya Yuuko from Ef Tale, my best of heroine ever and forever ;")
and also favorite anime in this season Oshi no ko, looking forward to next episode till the end
Apr 14, 2023 7:38 PM

Oct 2020
Hello! You can call me seth
I’ve been reading the manga from late 2020s and im always caught up with the new chapters, All characters are amazing! But for the best ones, Frill shiranui and ruby are my favs!
x x x
love is not an emotion..
love is a promise!
- miku

Apr 14, 2023 7:48 PM
Oct 2015

• Watched Pokemon/One Piece/DBZ on toonami but I didn't know they were anime back then, but realized about anime around 2010 after I was hyped about black butler and tried to watch it online. Learned about Oshi no Ko today when the news broke that it was #1 on MAL after only 1 episode, and after watching it, it is good.
  • Mostly watch anime, but tend to read manga once I have caught up to the story if I am invested enough.
  • Favorite Character: From the Oshi no Ko, it would be Aqua, but for anime in general, Lelouch Vi Brittania from Code Geass, Meruem/Komugi from Hunter X Hunter, and Ushio from Clannad
  • Favorite Music: Inferno by Mrs Green Apple and Veil by Keina Suda (Fire Force OP and ED)
  • Favorite Movie: A Silent Voice (Literally watched it before giving an exam on Design and Analysis of Algorithm)
  • Favorite Anime: Clannad After Story
  • Most Rewatched Anime: One Outs

Apr 14, 2023 10:17 PM

Dec 2016
Hello! I'm GrandSnow, and I watched a clip from YouTube which made me engage in Oshi no Ko. I watched the first episode and I loved it and turned into a big fan of the series. I started reading the manga and binge read from chapter 1 to the latest in 1 day. I really love Ai Hoshino because of the way she lies about her entire life and is trying her hardest to really love someone. I also love Yoasobi so looking at the opening for the series was great. I'm so hyped for the next chapter to come out. I really enjoy the Manga!
❅Discord
Apr 15, 2023 1:19 AM
Jan 2021
Hi everyone. I'm 'flakes. Happy to make your acquaintance.

I've been into the Manga for a long time now and I think it's really good. Haven't started with the anime as yet 😭😭😭😭 but will as soon as I have a chance. My favorite character is Akane, I love her because I think she's super versatile and passionate. Furthermore, she's very intelligent and, although she's a side character, I believe her character development is very meaningful to the story plot overall.

I look forward to participating in this club and I hope we can have really awesome discussion in the future.☺️☺️☺️
Apr 15, 2023 1:55 AM
Apr 2021
Hi, Everyone
I am RapidCream, You can call me Creammy.

A lot of people had Oshi No Ko in their favorite mangas and the title interested me so I looked it up on the internet.
I have not started reading Oshi No Ko manga, I plan to read it after finishing the anime.
My favorite character so far is Hoshino Ai

My Anime List: Link

All friend requests are accepted. Come say hi. We can be friends.

Apr 15, 2023 2:22 AM
Feb 2022
hello I'm Jan
heard about the manga last year
favorite character the main character herself AI HOSHINO
favorite Anime Movie is silent Voice
Apr 15, 2023 3:20 AM

Apr 2020
Hey there, originally found out about the manga while reading kaguya sama about 2 years ago, top tier 1st episode so far. Also banger OP by YOASOBI
Apr 15, 2023 4:36 AM
Jan 2021
Hi (Yo)!!!
I'm Astahinata

I heard about anime at age of 7 & my first watched anime is Dragonball Z.
I'm not a manga person I only watch anime.
My fav Character is as always "ZORO" 
My fav movie is Koe no Katachi  aka "A Silent Voice"

Apr 15, 2023 8:05 AM

Oct 2020
Hi! I'm Elii

I heard about Oshi no ko on a news page talking about the score it has on MAL at the moment, then I decided to watch the first episode and loved it so much. 
I only watch anime, I don't hate reading, I just enjoy the story of something a lot more with soundtracks, voice-acting, and colors I guess.
For now, my favorite character is Ai Hoshino by far.
My Fav movie is Josee to Tora to Sakana-tachi

Never been in a MAL club before but I'm really excited on participating in one for the first time and discuss about this anime that looks so promising.
Apr 15, 2023 8:59 AM
Jan 2022
Hi Everyone~!
My Name Is Ditszz.
I heard about "Oshi no Ko" a few months back. The new PV and her OP music is soo good. So I'm really looking forward to watching the series and maybe even reading the manga.
Hope we all can enjoy the series :)
Apr 15, 2023 9:15 AM
Jun 2020
Hi everyone, my name is Fizzyon! Let me introduuce myself.

1) When did I first hear about the anime/manga?
The first time I heard about Oshi no ko was from a British anime Youtuber Gigguk and he did a great job explaining and review the manga without spoilers. 

2) Anime only or manga reader?
I am both anime viewer and manga reader. Before the anime, I started reading the first two volumes about a year ago and because it was not in English, some of the charm lost to translation, however, I am so happy to see Oshi no ko to finally get an anime adatation. I've read a few chapters ahead and I'm excited to see how future chapters will be adapted. 

3) Do I have an Oshi?
Not really. I'm not familiar with the idol culture so I don't know any idol groups.

4) Favorite character?
My favorite character so far is Aqua. His more than just an actor and can think a few steps ahead. Akane is also one of my favorites. At the end of the day, it's hard to pick a favorite because each character has its charm and flaws

5) Other favorites?
Music: Infected by Starset
Movies: the HTTYD trilogy 

Favorite F1 driver: Sebastian Vettel, but he retired ; __ ;
Apr 15, 2023 10:18 AM
Apr 2023
Hello I am Kemi!
I first heared about this anime in a youtube video explaining this manga,but I didn't watched the entire thing and was too lazy to watch the manga XD
but when I finally watched the anime just after a few minutes it was out I was impressed by a lot! I love it sm and it made by cry even tho I thought it wouldnt!!
My favorite character is Ai and Aquarine!!!! honorable mention to Ruby
seriously Aka Akasaka is a genius! All of his works are wonderfully crafted.
can't wait for the next episode!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (22) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why is this club not visible on MAL app?

BlackSpectrum - Apr 17

4 by BlackSpectrum »»
May 7, 4:39 AM

» 🎁 Rewards Ladder ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MAL_Event - May 21, 2023

568 by kamyk0wsky »»
May 3, 6:56 PM

Poll: » Favorite character ( 1 2 )

ateks - May 6, 2023

63 by damxhunter »»
May 2, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Which character would you choose to act as if you were in Oshi no Ko and why?

Remi2017 - Sep 18, 2023

4 by Remi2017 »»
Feb 27, 12:28 AM

» What’s Your Favorite Live Action Oshi no Ko Performance? Or One You’re Looking Forward to?

Remi2017 - Feb 27

0 by Remi2017 »»
Feb 27, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.