Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 16, 2021 2:46 AM
Dec 2020
I’m a lil confused too, I watched the first episode and everyone was like “omg he’s gonna be so edgy, this entire shows gonna be edgy” I didn’t really find the dialogue unbearable or edgy, only thing on edge was the sex scenes since I’m watching the uncensored versions but i watched a lot of ecchi so I’m not that fazed. At most id say this is shield hero but the hero is not kind hearted and wants revenge fully.
Jan 16, 2021 3:44 AM
Nov 2018
kirigayaya said:
Lemonov said:

They will explain it in the 2nd episode, that is I know for sure because I read the manga and the WN.

spoil me borther
i wanna know now why the maids did it

Noonysl said:
I’m a lil confused too, I watched the first episode and everyone was like “omg he’s gonna be so edgy, this entire shows gonna be edgy” I didn’t really find the dialogue unbearable or edgy, only thing on edge was the sex scenes since I’m watching the uncensored versions but i watched a lot of ecchi so I’m not that fazed. At most id say this is shield hero but the hero is not kind hearted and wants revenge fully.

All the "fun" stuff begins with episode 2. Including
Jan 16, 2021 4:01 AM

Jul 2014
Lemonov said:

All those things will happen in episode 2? Or there is build up for that later?
Thanks for telling us tho..
Jan 16, 2021 4:16 AM
Nov 2018
Crocospect22 said:
Lemonov said:

All those things will happen in episode 2? Or there is build up for that later?
Thanks for telling us tho..

Should be in episode 2, episode 3 tops. But there will be plenty of context for why MC is so brutal. It happened early in both manga and WN, and since ads already include Eve, who appears pretty late in the story, I don't think that the anime will take it slow.
LemonovJan 16, 2021 4:22 AM
Jan 16, 2021 9:35 AM

Jul 2017
starswper said:
Fakegoose said:

If this is true, then I'm curious what was his reason for doing it. If he did it just because they were annoying or something not really serious, then MC is also a villain and I can no longer have sympathy for this character.

Thats basically the reason yeah, his logic was "they inconvenienced me slightly so it's only right if they pay me back"

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Jan 16, 2021 10:30 AM
Dec 2019
dear god what is wrong w op. “I know that he will rape/kill people for revenge (everyone is talking about it... and the "fire scene"), but what's wrong in that?”.

i never knew that revenge rape was such a polarising subject.
Jan 16, 2021 12:24 PM

Jan 2012
For how long this madness must go on?
Jan 16, 2021 2:58 PM

Feb 2011
>Being so outraged about a fictional story in a fictional world that features fictional drawn characters.
That sounds like a first world problem alright.
Jan 16, 2021 4:11 PM

Jul 2012
Tannhauser said:
>Being so outraged about a fictional story in a fictional world that features fictional drawn characters.

Yeah! How dare people criticize my anime when there are kids starving in Afica.
Jan 16, 2021 4:28 PM

May 2020
people art saying people on twitter are gonna freak out cuz they freaked out over goblin slayer
and yeah, people probably are gonna freak out (before they realize this type of stuff happens in real life too) (minus all the magic of course)
on a different note, why is this even getting adapted? its not even good lol
but I digress
                                              
Jan 16, 2021 4:38 PM

Feb 2016
This thread is apparently dominated by incels and feminists, which are two of the most insufferable groups of ignorant losers in existence today. Nothing these silly fools say should be given even an iota of respect, for the opinions of such inept ignoramuses have no value whatsoever. Fuck each and every one of you annoying little pests.

As for the series, I decided to read a bit of the manga to see where the story goes... and there is indeed some cause for concern. I won't post any spoilers, but it is true that rape is very much a central plot element in the story, and both sides are guilty of it to some degree; however, the MC is definitely the more innocent party, and what he actually does is... well, you'll just have to find out. What makes it concerning to me is how everything was presented - in particular, the bouncy-boob ecchi aesthetic takes away from the content, and the writing makes it seem like it was intended for an incel audience. To be frank, reading the manga made me feel a little gross.

That said, I would definitely argue that the MC's desire for revenge is at least understandable, and since he is merely "returning the favor," I do not find the use of rape quite as objectionable under these specific circumstances. "Eye for an eye" means the punishment should fit the crime, and despite my general opposition to such, I can think of no more equal punishment for a rapist than rape, regardless of gender. Also, this story takes place in a fantasy world that does not believe in the concept of human rights, so it makes sense that everyone would think less of such a heinous crime. In the end, though, this does amount to being a story about evil vs. evil, as the MC has become twisted by the abuse, so I expected just about everyone to act like a piece of shit.

Were I him, they would have suffered through far worse...
Jan 16, 2021 4:40 PM

Sep 2018
So it's just a disturbing anime? I gave it a pass based on the synopsis and the poster art, but I may have to watch it at a later date possibly...

I dunno why anime of this nature comes under such scrutiny when the endless supply of shock films aren't bothered with much at all... That's the whole point of stuff like this, to mess with your head and shock you with explicit scenes. Yes, a whole lot of people like this sort of thing, myself included. Imagine conforming to the tastes of the easily offended, holy shit, just don't watch the damn thing you muppets....
Jan 16, 2021 4:46 PM
Jan 2021
RAPE IS BAD AND NO ONE SHOULD BE RAPED!

Feel free to post this on twitter for some free likes and retweets. You don't have to credit me!

:) :)
Jan 16, 2021 6:39 PM

Jul 2014
Tannhauser said:

As always, obviously..
Jan 16, 2021 8:28 PM
Nov 2018
rdexx said:
dear god what is wrong w op. “I know that he will rape/kill people for revenge (everyone is talking about it... and the "fire scene"), but what's wrong in that?”.

There's nothing wrong with that because it's fiction.
Jan 16, 2021 8:51 PM
Dec 2019
Lemonov said:
rdexx said:

people can still take issue with and question the morality of events in fiction.
Jan 16, 2021 11:31 PM
Nov 2018
rdexx said:
Lemonov said:

people can still take issue with and question the morality of events in fiction.

The actions that MC takes aren't presented as something moral and/or good. I don't see any problems with stories starring antihero protagonists.
Jan 16, 2021 11:51 PM

Jul 2012
Lemonov said:
rdexx said:

The actions that MC takes aren't presented as something moral and/or good. I don't see any problems with stories starring antihero protagonists.

I can't believe you can think that after reading the manga.
Jan 17, 2021 1:09 AM
Jan 2018
I had no qualms with this Series but when he took advantage of The Sword Princess clayrnet I think... He crossed the line.. I've already dropped it though
Jan 17, 2021 1:10 AM
Nov 2018
GreenPlatinum said:
Lemonov said:

I can, because I'm not insecure enough to self insert into every protagonist in every piece of media I consume.
Jan 17, 2021 1:12 AM
Jan 2018
simplydru said:
This thread is apparently dominated by incels and feminists, which are two of the most insufferable groups of ignorant losers in existence today. Nothing these silly fools say should be given even an iota of respect, for the opinions of such inept ignoramuses have no value whatsoever. Fuck each and every one of you annoying little pests.

As for the series, I decided to read a bit of the manga to see where the story goes... and there is indeed some cause for concern. I won't post any spoilers, but it is true that rape is very much a central plot element in the story, and both sides are guilty of it to some degree; however, the MC is definitely the more innocent party, and what he actually does is... well, you'll just have to find out. What makes it concerning to me is how everything was presented - in particular, the bouncy-boob ecchi aesthetic takes away from the content, and the writing makes it seem like it was intended for an incel audience. To be frank, reading the manga made me feel a little gross.

That said, I would definitely argue that the MC's desire for revenge is at least understandable, and since he is merely "returning the favor," I do not find the use of rape quite as objectionable under these specific circumstances. "Eye for an eye" means the punishment should fit the crime, and despite my general opposition to such, I can think of no more equal punishment for a rapist than rape, regardless of gender. Also, this story takes place in a fantasy world that does not believe in the concept of human rights, so it makes sense that everyone would think less of such a heinous crime. In the end, though, this does amount to being a story about evil vs. evil, as the MC has become twisted by the abuse, so I expected just about everyone to act like a piece of shit.

I completely agree with you but why the sword princess too. She never did anything bad.
Jan 17, 2021 4:22 AM

Jul 2012
Lemonov said:
GreenPlatinum said:

I can, because I'm not insecure enough to self insert into every protagonist in every piece of media I consume.

Much more goes into presenting someone as moral and good than just relating to the MC.

In the manga blood and physical trauma is relegated to minor panels while tits, ass and legs are all on full display. Character's warp their expression into Ahegao faces, a shorthand for physical pleasure. The fact the manga uses a known hentai artist for the art demonstrates that keeping the sex 'sexy' was a major consideration. Rapes rarely linger on trauma and if they do the character is swiftly eliminated or broken into loving the MC so no potential guilt from the readership lingers.

While probably incidental even the fact that the MC is a healer reinforces this because it gives an excuse for why bruises or scarring doesn't permanently last.
Jan 17, 2021 8:02 AM

Mar 2019
This fucking thread man. Reading through this thread made me lose so many brain cells.

If any of you go through the same shit as the protagonist does, you will be the same as him if not worse LMAO.

The protagonist actually turns out on the better end of the spectrum. With what he goes through, I would understand even if he hates everything in the world. But he is still kind to the 2 woman he love, Eve and Setsuna.

People getting triggered by his rape antics when his rape targets are the worst kind of scum who deserve much much worse.
Jan 17, 2021 9:41 AM

Feb 2016
MaraDollex23 said:
simplydru said:

I completely agree with you but why the sword princess too. She never did anything bad.

To be honest, she kind of slipped my mind - I was probably thinking more of their party in general. I have read a few of these "revenge-bait" titles, and I probably enjoyed this one the least thus far because it was the most incel-fappy, which may have been way I overlooked her... but yeah, that was fucked-up.
Jan 17, 2021 4:25 PM
Dec 2019
Lemonov said:
rdexx said:

from what i’ve seen/read, that’s not the case at all. and i don’t mind antiheroes either, but i also believe that people are allowed to criticise the media they consume. i haven’t read that far into the manga, but i dropped it because i got a very odd vibe from it (it almost felt as thought it was written by and for incels haha). the issue to some isn’t that he’s an antihero, it’s that revenge rape is presented in such a way to try and make it seem “empowering” or whatnot, and i don’t think that those who have a problem with that fact are automatically triggered sjws.

and all the people in this thread justifying what the mc does? sure, you can enjoy the series, but cmon. justifying present, terrible actions with past trauma really isn’t it.
rdexxJan 17, 2021 4:29 PM
Jan 17, 2021 4:48 PM

Oct 2017
MoonDragon72 said:
He does not have the right to get revenge at all. This show is basically trying to enforce toxic masculinity by showing that "it's ok to rape them because they were mean to me". No one is overreacting. The hate is comepletely justified.

SJW spotted

oh no no no
"Your sins shall be paid with blood!" ~Cadis Etrama Di Raizel
Jan 17, 2021 7:03 PM
Aug 2019
MoonDragon72 said:
He does not have the right to get revenge at all. This show is basically trying to enforce toxic masculinity by showing that "it's ok to rape them because they were mean to me". No one is overreacting. The hate is comepletely justified.

Please just shut up its people like you that are ruining the anime community.
Jan 17, 2021 7:28 PM
Oct 2019
Its just stupid if you justify it. Just use common sense. The reason why goblin slayer rape was fine is because it was trying to implement that the goblins are as we know it monsters, wild and violent creatures that has little intellegence. But this is just cruelty. The rape is just unnecessary. You can get revege without rape. And A 13 YEAR OLD THAT JUST HAS SEX EVERY NIGHT. The author must have had a break up and made this show. The mc even rewrite a damn character. Tf kind of bullshit is that?
Jan 17, 2021 7:34 PM
Dec 2020
*munches on popcorn*
Anyone want some? This movie is great!
So much drama and intrigue!

But like in all seriousness can I ask a question, like this show exists and all that so people are going going to watch, why can’t people just like let people watch what they want to watch. This whole cancel culture thing is dumb, getting freaked out that people are just watching or enjoying an anime is cringe. Like seriously, feel free to criticize it but like why are people passing moral judgements on each-other for either watching or not watching a show, it’s really dumb. Like why argue about this of all things?
TheLuckyNickelJan 17, 2021 7:40 PM
Jan 17, 2021 8:43 PM
Aug 2018
Give me some popcorn.

I didn't watch the anime, but I'm pretty sure that the little crying babies are unnecessarily exaggerating. It was the same with Goblin Slayer. There are much worse scenarios (outside of anime) and hardly anyone complains. If only the word "rape" is mentioned, the hardcore feminists come crawling out of their holes. There are also films where a woman is raped and takes revenge (I spit on your grave). Nobody complains, of course, she's a woman after all. I will follow this funny discussion and laugh.

By the way, I read the manga through chapter 20. It's embarrassing how upset some people are about a harmless fictional work. Go defending the rights of real people and not the anime characters ones, or whatever you're trying to do ...

Poor people who are thinking Anime = Real Life

The anime doesn't show anything that hasn't been shown before. I can tell even without watching. Why we need to have this discussion everytime. If it's not your taste, write your crying in your diary. Thanks.
Jan 17, 2021 9:03 PM

Aug 2020
ag_ said:
TheLoverBoy said:
"Anyone I don't agree with is an incel"

In this case, yes. Because even if the mc was raped, beaten and drugged etc., do you really think raping his enemies back will do anything? How is that the right way round anything? That's why I'm saying that. Rape is bad whether it's male, female, revenge or not.

so basically
"don't rape that's wrong!
torture these guys physically and psychologically, that's definitely much better and not as twisted"
Jan 17, 2021 11:05 PM

Feb 2016
POP QUIZ: If you were given the choice between saving the life of an incel or an SJW, how would you have your steak prepared? Personally, I like my cuts somewhere between medium and medium-rare, seasoned with a basic homemade rub and cooked in lots of butter on a hot iron skillet, with a medley of fresh vegetables thrown in a minute or two before the steak is done.
Jan 17, 2021 11:42 PM
Jan 2021
I've read a lot of revenge fantasy stories and this is the one I disliked the most.

I don't hate that there's rape, but the fact that its one of the central points of the story. I went through the entire manga and its quite bad to be honest (not the rape parts but the writing and plot in general). Could the author not think of anything more creative than just mind break and rape? There's nothing smart or thought-provoking about this story. I get an odd feeling while reading that it feels a bit forced & predictable.

The main character is also quite unlikable as he goes through no character development at all.

The antagonists are probably the worst part of this series. Every fucking antagonist can be summed up like this, "I'm an evil person without any reason to why so I'll just treat my healer teammate like garbage." I know that they're trying to control the mc but it just feels like the same person with an absolutely detestable personality copy and pasted onto every villain in the series.

I just don't find myself interested or invested into any of the characters because everyone is essentially a scumbag.. The series can be summed up as a cruel person doing cruel things to cruel people. (That are completely uninteresting).
It's your opinion if you think this series is good or not, but I just think its pretty shit.

Anyways, somebody is probably gonna call me an SJW for disliking this series.
BigNut666Jan 18, 2021 12:38 AM
Jan 18, 2021 12:38 AM

Apr 2019
LightVelox said:
ag_ said:

In this case, yes. Because even if the mc was raped, beaten and drugged etc., do you really think raping his enemies back will do anything? How is that the right way round anything? That's why I'm saying that. Rape is bad whether it's male, female, revenge or not.

so basically
torture these guys physically and psychologically, that's definitely much better and not as twisted"

You know what, you win this. But at least be honest, this would have been so much better without rape or if it was some random hentai.
my life was made with mematic.
Jan 18, 2021 12:51 AM

Jul 2012
LightVelox said:
ag_ said:

so basically

Absolutely because a well presented torture scene will remain uncomfortable to the audience. The victim's trauma is taken seriously and the aggressor is presented as being at least morally grey.
People would be much less sympathetic to the MC if he just tortured rather than what this series prioritizes.
Jan 18, 2021 1:33 AM
Dec 2012
Look, the problem in the LNs isn't necessarily that the MC does fucked up shit. People going for the "but he could be nicer to his enemies" or "why doesn't he become the Count of Monte Cristo" arguments are missing the point.

The issue is that he's a cardboard surrounded by cartoonishly evil characters with little plausibility or intrigue behind their actions, in a topical setting. The torture and the rape are the only things that keep the interest of the readers because everything else is a makeshift foundation to hold these things up. The writing is bad, but it can't be better because it would defeat the purpose of being psychopathic revenge porn.

I don't dip much into this kind of media, but it kinda reminds me of Cross Ange. Everyone watched for the lesbian rape and the gory deaths, but it at least tried to tell a story and build characters (even if it mostly failed at it). But the KJnY LNs... it's like something you would find in the taboo section of an XXX shop. Edgelords will troll the sensitive crowd but what can you do? I just laugh at the crowd who non-ironically try to pump this up as if they were standing up for a misunderstood work of art being suppressed by ideologues.
Jan 18, 2021 3:00 AM
May 2017
q1w2e3r4t5 said:
Meanwhile, Eren Yeager is killing thousands of people out of revenge/self defense and everyone is hype af. Murder is way worse. Rape is overrated

Idk man.. Marley as a country is quite bad.. I get it that they got conquered by Eldia long time ago.. but when they rose up.. they started to conquer other countries.. treat eldians like shit (and cannon fodder).. discriminate etc.. and they sent those 4 to steal the founding titan* .. + broke the wall (which killed many people). It's quite hard to side with them at this point.. but yeah.. many innocent people will die.. but I still wonder if they avoid the war if they didn't counterattack here.. and avoid the cycle of hatred. So hell yeah I'm hyped.
Jan 18, 2021 3:39 AM
Nov 2018
rdexx said:
Lemonov said:

from what i’ve seen/read, that’s not the case at all. and i don’t mind antiheroes either, but i also believe that people are allowed to criticise the media they consume. i haven’t read that far into the manga, but i dropped it because i got a very odd vibe from it (it almost felt as thought it was written by and for incels haha). the issue to some isn’t that he’s an antihero, it’s that revenge rape is presented in such a way to try and make it seem “empowering” or whatnot, and i don’t think that those who have a problem with that fact are automatically triggered sjws.

and all the people in this thread justifying what the mc does? sure, you can enjoy the series, but cmon. justifying present, terrible actions with past trauma really isn’t it.

I don't uderstand the presentation complaints. The MC himself admits that he isn't a good person and is not trying to be one. If he was presented as such, and everyone around him acted as if he's a great guy (mindbroken slaves don't count) then you could've been correct. Or what, should he be feeling guilty for raping and killing people who wronged him?
It's funny, because if you replace "rape" with "murder" or swap the genders I will guarantee that it would never started any of the turbo SJW debates as it did. Ask yourself a question: would YOU be as angry as you are if the MC was a woman or if he never raped his enemies and instead cruelly tortured them? Murder and torture are as bad of a crime as rape in my book, but apperently a lot of people (mainly westerners) are really angry at this single element, even though in theory those crimes are equally bad.
But really, it's a "bad guy kills worse guys" story. If you don't like this, then why the hell you are even reading this? You have a shit ton of vanilla fantasy series to consume.
And stop using buzzwords if you want me to take your argument seriously.
Jan 18, 2021 5:37 AM
Oct 2014
starswper said:
q1w2e3r4t5 said:
Meanwhile, Eren Yeager is killing thousands of people out of revenge/self defense and everyone is hype af. Murder is way worse. Rape is overrated

Idk man.. Marley as a country is quite bad.. I get it that they got conquered by Eldia long time ago.. but when they rose up.. they started to conquer other countries.. treat eldians like shit (and cannon fodder).. discriminate etc.. and they sent those 4 to steal the founding titan* .. + broke the wall (which killed many people). It's quite hard to side with them at this point.. but yeah.. many innocent people will die.. but I still wonder if they avoid the war if they didn't counterattack here.. and avoid the cycle of hatred. So hell yeah I'm hyped.
there’s no avoiding the war because Marley needs the founding titan. Conflict of interest. I wasn’t implying anything about whether it was just to kill those Marleyans. Just trying to make a point. These people get upset when they see rape but not when they see massive amounts people getting crushed to death by huge boulders because that’s definitely more humane, right🙃
q1w2e3r4t5Jan 18, 2021 5:42 AM
Jan 18, 2021 6:19 AM
Apr 2017
q1w2e3r4t5 said:
starswper said:

there’s no avoiding the war because Marley needs the founding titan. Conflict of interest. I wasn’t implying anything about whether it was just to kill those Marleyans. Just trying to make a point. These people get upset when they see rape but not when they see massive amounts people getting crushed to death by huge boulders because that’s definitely more humane, right🙃

As has been said several times in this and other treads, its not about the rape itself but how its portrayed that is the problem. In Attack on titan the death and destruction are clearly shown as something horrible illustrating the horror and futility of war. Similarly, the torture and rape the MC in Redo of a healer endures is not problematic because it is clearly framed as something terrible, the focus is on his suffering and trauma. But when the MC does the rape, the focus is on how sexy it is, cool, empowering. He gets a harem and more and more power and he later rapes not just the villain but women who did nothing but mildly annoy him.

Revenge stories generally have two versions: One where the protagonist is the underdog and the villain an active treat to him/her and others. The protagonist then kills the villain in combat as a mix of revenge and self-defense, so the audience can mostly get behind this.

The second is where the protagonist captures/incapacitates the villain and then tortures/kills him/her in cold blood sometime involving innocents too. In this type of narrative, the story clearly frames this as wrong and tragic. The audience can see the mental state of the protagonist, how he/she is broken and has become a monster too, how violence begats violence and everything is one big tragedy. Like I already wrote, there is nothing like this in Redo of a healer. MCs is shown as cool for doing the things he does. It really looks like an incel power fantasy. Couple this with a convoluted plot, illogical setting, caricatures for characters and this show is all around terrible. If you are into porn why not watch a proper hentai. I really don’t see the appeal of this show.
Jan 18, 2021 7:46 AM

May 2020
Outfrootz said:
This type of drama honestly happens with every ecchi/gore anime or something, I wouldn't call this show a bad one so far as the this is a unique take of a isekai. it also looks like a anime that is at the border of being differentiated from a hentai. This just reminds me of interspecies reviewers and how it had the same drama happen online.

this not even an isekai lol
Jan 18, 2021 8:39 AM
Nov 2018
mnedel said:
q1w2e3r4t5 said:

As has been said several times in this and other treads, its not about the rape itself but how its portrayed that is the problem. In Attack on titan the death and destruction are clearly shown as something horrible illustrating the horror and futility of war. Similarly, the torture and rape the MC in Redo of a healer endures is not problematic because it is clearly framed as something terrible, the focus is on his suffering and trauma. But when the MC does the rape, the focus is on how sexy it is, cool, empowering. He gets a harem and more and more power and he later rapes not just the villain but women who did nothing but mildly annoy him.

Revenge stories generally have two versions: One where the protagonist is the underdog and the villain an active treat to him/her and others. The protagonist then kills the villain in combat as a mix of revenge and self-defense, so the audience can mostly get behind this.

The second is where the protagonist captures/incapacitates the villain and then tortures/kills him/her in cold blood sometime involving innocents too. In this type of narrative, the story clearly frames this as wrong and tragic. The audience can see the mental state of the protagonist, how he/she is broken and has become a monster too, how violence begats violence and everything is one big tragedy. Like I already wrote, there is nothing like this in Redo of a healer. MCs is shown as cool for doing the things he does. It really looks like an incel power fantasy. Couple this with a convoluted plot, illogical setting, caricatures for characters and this show is all around terrible. If you are into porn why not watch a proper hentai. I really don’t see the appeal of this show.

TL;DR "why won't it preach to me about rape bad?"
Grow a pair, will ya? Also why do you want every piece of media to present you with a huge "X bad, Y good" narrative? Why not just treat Healer as a story about a sadistic mindbroken maniac as is, why do you need the author to directly tell you that the MC is not a good person? Are you really too stupid to figure it out on your own, so you need the author to tell you that? And why are you asking for one specific narrative that you like and don't want to treat it as just a revenge story? Plenty of those already exist and people are okay with them, but again, once rape becomes involved then it's suddenly "problematic" and should be banned.
Also, why is this type of dumb posts always contains your classic twitter buzzwords? You all talk like the same person, like you follow one specific pattern.
LemonovJan 18, 2021 8:45 AM
Jan 18, 2021 8:56 AM

Jul 2019
Lemonov said:
mnedel said:

TL;DR "why won't it preach to me about rape bad?"
Grow a pair, will ya? Also why do you want every piece of media to present you with a huge "X bad, Y good" narrative? Why not just treat Healer as a story about a sadistic mindbroken maniac as is, why do you need the author to directly tell you that the MC is not a good person? Are you really too stupid to figure it out on your own, so you need the author to tell you that? And why are you asking for one specific narrative that you like and don't want to treat it as just a revenge story? Plenty of those already exist and people are okay with them, but again, once rape becomes involved then it's suddenly "problematic" and should be banned.

I think you missed pretty much everything that person said. You didn't even try to understand him did you? Cause you say stuff like
Lemonov said:
once rape becomes involved then it's suddenly "problematic" and should be banned.

When he clearly opened his comment with
mnedel said:
As has been said several times in this and other treads, its not about the rape itself but how its portrayed that is the problem.

It's not about "hurr durr just grow a pair". It's about how they present their story. When you make dark stories like these, where the MC is an anti-hero, or even a straight up villain. What most "un-problematic" stories have in common is that they take their time and effort to make the character likable/sympathetic/relatable and so on and so forth. They give him depth in some way. Because it would be hard for people to enjoy a series if they don't even like the MC ("like" doesn't mean endorsing what he does). While in Redo of Healer, he's just a cardboard cutout, most plain MC in existence whose supposedly "sympathetic" context is spoon-fed to us in the most horrendously written way possible. Just cartoonishly evil characters did cartoonishly evil things to him. Turn the edge factor to the highest level. And what he does in return is just written in such a way purely for shock factor.

What many find "problematic" with this story in terms of rape specifically. Is that it's rape for rape's sake. It doesn't use rape as a tool to develop the story. It repeatedly use rape at every turn in the story. Every female character in the story will most likely be raped at one point or the other. And most likely by the MC himself. It's just done in a distasteful way. And I can see why people say that it seems like it's made for incels.
Subarashii
Jan 18, 2021 10:05 AM
Jul 2020
the first epiosde to me felt like the anime was trying to edgy for the sake of being edgy, im not saying its bad, i actualy liked but i think for some people that can be a turn off,

i dont mind any of the rape and stuff iv seen worse

as far as first episode go i felt it had good animation and art,
Jan 18, 2021 11:24 AM
Jul 2016
FFCreations said:
Banana2021 said:
Okey i have read some of your arguments and wow.... just wtf is wrong with you? What on earth is even "toxic masculinity"? But still had a good laugh when i read that "him raping them as revenge is a toxic and unhealthy mindset", like yeah he should totally just go "yeah in my opinion this was not very cash money of you and yeah also not very nice, this whole torture, abuse, rape, humiliation, slavery and drugaddiction was not on my wishlist but no hard feelings. Have a great day and start to be a better person. Bye bye" or what is the right solution? What mindset do you expect a young kid to have after this experience. But if the roles would be reversed people like you would go apeshit. Why cant he get revenge? Not once did you stated that what he had to endure was horrific and discusting. Maybe you are a hypocrite, but when i look at your profile and see that you gave Shingeki no Kyojin scour of 3 and Re:Zero only 2, but on the other hand give Highschool of the dead a higher score, i get a good impression of what disgustiong person you are. And why do you think he will rape her??? maybe he only wants to open her like a can of tuna.

What is with the people on this forum? Personally I don't agree with the "toxic masculinity" and whatnot. But the people from the other side make just as bad arguments. Neither really tries to see each other's side nor do they even attempt to understand.

This whole comment chain was in argument for the people defending the MCs actions. Not the other party. Pretty much everyone here agrees that what the other party did was wrong so there's no point to bring that up.

And this person even reinforced it by saying
MoonDragon72 said:
I'm not saying that the women were in the right for raping him, obviously that was wrong too

Yet you insisted that
Banana2021 said:
Not once did you stated that what he had to endure was horrific and discusting.

When that wasn't what this conversation was about.

Banana2021 said:
like yeah he should totally just go "yeah in my opinion this was not very cash money of you and yeah also not very nice, this whole torture, abuse, rape, humiliation, slavery and drugaddiction was not on my wishlist but no hard feelings. Have a great day and start to be a better person. Bye bye"

Now you're just putting words in his mouth with a scenario on the extreme end. His point is that doing the same thing they did to him is wrong. Not that he should straight up forgive them and move on.

You say
Banana2021 said:
i get a good impression of what disgustiong person you are.

Yet I'd argue that people defending the MCs actions are equally disgusting. Fine if they want to watch and enjoy it for entertainment. But seriously defending his actions is pretty disgusting.

Now again. I'm not really on his side either. I disagree with some of the things he said. Especially the "toxic masculinity" part. But both sides does such a poor job to understand either side.
Uff okey, you say im putting words in his mouth, but this Dragonblabla writes himself “He does not have the right to get revenge at all”, if he cant get revenge, then what should he do if not forgive them. Still i would like to discuss it with you because you are so bright, by nit-picking some points and not providing your own standpoint. But yeah, only because she was "mean" to him its okey and he can’t get revenge, cause WOMANPOVER AND WOMAN ALWAYS. Its fun to argue with a side that states “He does not have the right to get revenge at all. This show is basically trying to enforce toxic masculinity by showing that "it's ok to rape them because they were mean to me". No one is overreacting. The hate is completely justified.“ or the moment someone mentions he was abused, tortured, raped and humiliated, just say “I don't give a shit. Just because someone was raped that doesn't give them the right to rape them too.“ I would like to know what would you do in his situation. And no hard feelings toward you, I understand what you mean, but you try to make this guy look better than he really is.
Jan 18, 2021 11:42 AM

Jul 2019
Banana2021 said:
FFCreations said:

What is with the people on this forum? Personally I don't agree with the "toxic masculinity" and whatnot. But the people from the other side make just as bad arguments. Neither really tries to see each other's side nor do they even attempt to understand.

This whole comment chain was in argument for the people defending the MCs actions. Not the other party. Pretty much everyone here agrees that what the other party did was wrong so there's no point to bring that up.

And this person even reinforced it by saying

Yet you insisted that

When that wasn't what this conversation was about.

Now you're just putting words in his mouth with a scenario on the extreme end. His point is that doing the same thing they did to him is wrong. Not that he should straight up forgive them and move on.

You say

Yet I'd argue that people defending the MCs actions are equally disgusting. Fine if they want to watch and enjoy it for entertainment. But seriously defending his actions is pretty disgusting.

Now again. I'm not really on his side either. I disagree with some of the things he said. Especially the "toxic masculinity" part. But both sides does such a poor job to understand either side.
Uff okey, you say im putting words in his mouth, but this Dragonblabla writes himself “He does not have the right to get revenge at all”, if he cant get revenge, then what should he do if not forgive them. Still i would like to discuss it with you because you are so bright, by nit-picking some points and not providing your own standpoint. But yeah, only because she was "mean" to him its okey and he can’t get revenge, cause WOMANPOVER AND WOMAN ALWAYS. Its fun to argue with a side that states “He does not have the right to get revenge at all. This show is basically trying to enforce toxic masculinity by showing that "it's ok to rape them because they were mean to me". No one is overreacting. The hate is completely justified.“ or the moment someone mentions he was abused, tortured, raped and humiliated, just say “I don't give a shit. Just because someone was raped that doesn't give them the right to rape them too.“ I would like to know what would you do in his situation. And no hard feelings toward you, I understand what you mean, but you try to make this guy look better than he really is.

Banana2021 said:
by nit-picking some points and not providing your own standpoint.

I have provided my own standpoint. Several times. In this very thread.

And like I mentioned previously. I personally don't agree either with the "toxic masculinity" point he's trying to make. But I don't agree with the people who say the MC is fully justified in making sex slaves, raping, torturing and murdering them. I think those people are as disgusting.

Banana2021 said:
he was abused, tortured, raped and humiliated, just say “I don't give a shit. Just because someone was raped that doesn't give them the right to rape them too.“

Obviously that's horrendous. And the way he brushes it off with "I don't give a shit" is in very poor taste. But you also have to understand his point, regardless of how he communicated it. Which is that just because he was raped, doesn't mean he has the right to rape them back. Which I agree with. He is just lowering himself to their level, if not even worse at some points. All under the umbrella of being justified for "revenge". Which is in extremely poor taste as well.

Banana2021 said:
I would like to know what would you do in his situation.

Well considering I'm not a murdering rapist psychopath. That probably wouldn't be my go-to plan of action. And I hope that the people who do say they would do the same as the MC are either not serious or just joking. Because if they are serious, then I suggest maybe speaking to a therapist.

Even if it what they did to me was the same as they did to the MC. I wouldn't become a rapist myself. I would probably try and bring justice, but I wouldn't sink to their level.
Subarashii
Jan 18, 2021 11:57 AM
Jul 2016
FFCreations said:
Banana2021 said:

Banana2021 said:

And like I mentioned previously. I personally don't agree either with the "toxic masculinity" point he's trying to make. But I don't agree with the people who say the MC is fully justified in making sex slaves, raping, torturing and murdering them. I think those people are as disgusting.

Banana2021 said:
he was abused, tortured, raped and humiliated, just say “I don't give a shit. Just because someone was raped that doesn't give them the right to rape them too.“

Obviously that's horrendous. And the way he brushes it off with "I don't give a shit" is in very poor taste. But you also have to understand his point, regardless of how he communicated it. Which is that just because he was raped, doesn't mean he has the right to rape them back. Which I agree with. He is just lowering himself to their level, if not even worse at some points. All under the umbrella of being justified for "revenge". Which is in extremely poor taste as well.

Banana2021 said:

Well considering I'm not a murdering rapist psychopath. That probably wouldn't be my go-to plan of action. And I hope that the people who do say they would do the same as the MC are either not serious or just joking. Because if they are serious, then I suggest maybe speaking to a therapist.

Even if it what they did to me was the same as they did to the MC. I wouldn't become a rapist myself. I would probably try and bring justice, but I wouldn't sink to their level.
Hmm okey fair enough, i like your point of view or to be more precisely i understand it. But i still believe if you endure this kind of fucked up shit in especially this young age, to seek his kind of revenge is not far-fetched. Still in my opinion the biggest point is that this is fiction, like for example John Wick, no one bets an eye that he massacres tons on people just because of his dog, because they “understand” the character or pity him, but if you switch in to "real world", its safe to assume all/most of the people would not "like". I believe it plays a big role in why people are “defending” his actions or to me it seems more like they understand his actions, nevertheless if they are “good” or “bad”. One last point i dont believe they have therapist in this medieval kind of setting haha
FFCreations said:
Banana2021 said:

Banana2021 said:

Banana2021 said:

Banana2021 said:

Hmm okey fair enough, i like your point of view or to be more precisely i understand it. But i still believe if you endure this kind of fucked up shit in especially this young age, to seek his kind of revenge is not far-fetched. Still in my opinion the biggest point is that this is fiction, like for example John Wick, no one bets an eye that he massacres tons on people just because of his dog, because they “understand” the character or pity him, but if you switch in to "real world", its safe to assume all/most of the people would not "like". I believe it plays a big role in why people are “defending” his actions or to me it seems more like they understand his actions, nevertheless if they are “good” or “bad” and one last point i dont believe they have therapist in this medieval kind of setting
Jan 18, 2021 12:16 PM

Jul 2019
Banana2021 said:
FFCreations said:

Hmm okey fair enough, i like your point of view or to be more precisely i understand it. But i still believe if you endure this kind of fucked up shit in especially this young age, to seek his kind of revenge is not far-fetched. Still in my opinion the biggest point is that this is fiction, like for example John Wick, no one bets an eye that he massacres tons on people just because of his dog, because they “understand” the character or pity him, but if you switch in to "real world", its safe to assume all/most of the people would not "like". I believe it plays a big role in why people are “defending” his actions or to me it seems more like they understand his actions, nevertheless if they are “good” or “bad”. One last point i dont believe they have therapist in this medieval kind of setting haha
FFCreations said:

Hmm okey fair enough, i like your point of view or to be more precisely i understand it. But i still believe if you endure this kind of fucked up shit in especially this young age, to seek his kind of revenge is not far-fetched. Still in my opinion the biggest point is that this is fiction, like for example John Wick, no one bets an eye that he massacres tons on people just because of his dog, because they “understand” the character or pity him, but if you switch in to "real world", its safe to assume all/most of the people would not "like". I believe it plays a big role in why people are “defending” his actions or to me it seems more like they understand his actions, nevertheless if they are “good” or “bad” and one last point i dont believe they have therapist in this medieval kind of setting

Banana2021 said:
But i still believe if you endure this kind of fucked up shit in especially this young age, to seek his kind of revenge is not far-fetched

And that's a point we can only really speculate on. But just to bring in real life examples. How many victims of torture and rape do you believe go out to enact revenge in just as brutal manner? I can save you some time and say that a extreme minority of those people do.
Banana2021 said:
Still in my opinion the biggest point is that this is fiction, like for example John Wick, no one bets an eye that he massacres tons on people just because of his dog, because they “understand” the character or pity him

The difference here being the character himself. John Wick is clearly shown to be a sympathetic character. They don't start the movie by having him torture and murdering people and then giving us sympathy through flashback. And he doesn't take great pleasure in killing either. Murder is a form of mercy really, in this context of course. Because he's not a cruel person that would torture them for days for killing his dog. He simply kills them and end their suffering quickly. That's where Redo of Healer does a EXTREMELY poor job. You barely sympathise with the MC. Because how he was treated is so cartoonishly evil. And they don't portray it in a well written way. And he also takes great pleasure in making his victims suffer. He isn't simply doing it for revenge, in order to remove these people from causing more suffering. No, he actually ENJOYS doing it.

That's why there's a difference between Redo of Healer and many other revenge stories.
Banana2021 said:
i dont believe they have therapist in this medieval kind of setting

Yeah lol. But I was more referring to the people in real life who genuinely believe that they would be justified in making a sex slave, raping, torturing and murdering their offender.
Subarashii
Jan 18, 2021 12:35 PM
Jul 2016
FFCreations said:
Banana2021 said:

Banana2021 said:
But i still believe if you endure this kind of fucked up shit in especially this young age, to seek his kind of revenge is not far-fetched

And that's a point we can only really speculate on. But just to bring in real life examples. How many victims of torture and rape do you believe go out to enact revenge in just as brutal manner? I can save you some time and say that a extreme minority of those people do.
Banana2021 said:
Still in my opinion the biggest point is that this is fiction, like for example John Wick, no one bets an eye that he massacres tons on people just because of his dog, because they “understand” the character or pity him

The difference here being the character himself. John Wick is clearly shown to be a sympathetic character. They don't start the movie by having him torture and murdering people and then giving us sympathy through flashback. And he doesn't take great pleasure in killing either. Murder is a form of mercy really, in this context of course. Because he's not a cruel person that would torture them for days for killing his dog. He simply kills them and end their suffering quickly. That's where Redo of Healer does a EXTREMELY poor job. You barely sympathise with the MC. Because how he was treated is so cartoonishly evil. And they don't portray it in a well written way. And he also takes great pleasure in making his victims suffer. He isn't simply doing it for revenge, in order to remove these people from causing more suffering. No, he actually ENJOYS doing it.

That's why there's a difference between Redo of Healer and many other revenge stories.
Banana2021 said:
i dont believe they have therapist in this medieval kind of setting

Yeah lol. But I was more referring to the people in real life who genuinely believe that they would be justified in making a sex slave, raping, torturing and murdering their offender.
True but i find it quite interesting to think what would rape/torture victims do if they would repeat/go back in time with the information that this will happen and they cant simply run away. In the anime it was safe to say that they would get him because he is a hero blabla... and what they would then do, so you either let them do the same stuff to you or make your own path. (I hope you understand what I mean in this kind of fictional setting and not real life) If you think about it if this happened over such long time span (4 years), I believe you would get big feeling of have or whishing them some horrific shit. Yeah, John Wick had a different introduction, but still hes murdering tons or people simply because some cocky braindead teen killed his dog and stole his car, like come on, how many people does he really have to kill, because of a dog. But it was not my point to compare John Wicks story line to this anime in detail, rather the fact that we tend to sympathize with main characters. Like Joker or there are so many books written of the killer’s perspective and people love them (the fictional story and not to really kill a person). I believe this anime is kind of intriguing because its not the typical plot and I don’t know the manga (if a manga even exist), maybe the character will change himself or feel bad about what he wants to do or have done. Kind of reminds me of “I spit on your grave”, I wouldn’t say this is the best way, but on the other hand I believe some people deserve it. (A lot of people don’t change)
Jan 18, 2021 12:56 PM
Dec 2020
I’m enjoying this
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Just read Berserk. It's 100% better.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 27

4 by KayKimii »»
May 30, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2021

162 by _itskyotaro »»
May 29, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 20, 2021

726 by Doodlebobber11 »»
May 28, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2021

253 by NaughtySempai »»
May 4, 1:45 AM

» why people prefer manga over Light/Web novel as a source ?

NaughtySempai - May 3

4 by NaughtySempai »»
May 3, 10:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.