Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 6, 2019 3:35 AM

Jun 2019
99% generic garbage with a few okish shows, but at least we got Inuyasha out of it.
Aug 6, 2019 8:03 PM
Jul 2018
I dislike how what was once a shojo staple is now a male otaku power fantasy... It's always about some gamer dude being rewarded with waifus (soemtimes they're literally slaves??) for being good at video games or whatever. I know there are still some shojo isekai but aside from Death Flag Otome and Ascendance of a Bookworm, none of them are being adapted.
Aug 6, 2019 8:12 PM

Jan 2018
Isekai is a very lazy and uninspired trend in anime. It's a copout for writers; the formula is almost exactly the same in every new series, but seeing as it appeals to the generic otaku fantasy, it's what sells. As long as they're buying into it over in Japan, they'll keep pumping out a shit ton of isekai. But as with all trends, it'll die eventually.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Aug 6, 2019 8:26 PM
News Team
Demon Spawn

Apr 2017
Tbh, I'm so tired of it. It's literally everywhere and they are all so generic when it comes down to the basic plot structure.

I enjoyed Grimgar because it didn't focus on one specific character working on becoming (or is already) super OP, not really any harems (and no random lolis, bless), had an actually grounded emotional motivation for the characters to continue their mission, and it had a unique look to both the backgrounds and the character designs.
The viewer, just like the characters, have no idea why they're in this other world or what their own world is like. It gives a sense of mystery and intrigue to it, as opposed to some shut in, average Joe, anime-watching, gamer, otaku being transported to another world just because.

I haven't found any isekai since that really made me want to continue watching. Don't get me wrong, I can understand why the thought of being transported to another world can be fun for a lot of anime fans, but isekai normally doesn't carry enough substance for me to want to invest any time into it.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Who are your favorite silent characters and why?

JaaShooUhh - Yesterday

10 by deg »»
6 minutes ago

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film. ( 1 2 )

Old_School_Akira - Jun 11

88 by BilboBaggins365 »»
10 minutes ago

» Recommendations of Disappointment

JaaShooUhh - Yesterday

43 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
38 minutes ago

» Anime recommandations for a first-timer

WickedFM - 9 hours ago

17 by DigiCat »»
50 minutes ago

» Old OVAs

JoeChip - Yesterday

29 by EcchiGodMamster »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.