Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 19, 2019 10:12 PM

Dec 2016
ZedClodRaker said:
Shield Hero's popularity can be explained through several principal observations regarding the characters:

1) A harem series
2) A passive, underachieving character rises to OP levels through perseverance of wrongs inflicted upon him by virtually every facet of society, most importantly including wicked, deceitful women.
3) A passive, underachieving character meets a nearly perfect waifu who he "cures" and who becomes unconditionally devoted to him.
4) The hero gets revenge on the society that "kicked him around" -- including the evil woman who wronged him.

Shield Hero is the perfect wish fulfillment series for socially stunted and angry young dudes.

This is exactly what I was trying to get at with my long-winded rambling post. Good summary.
May 20, 2019 4:28 AM
Mar 2019
Adnash93 said:
Skittles said:
To its credit, the first four episodes were good. Goblin Slayer only lasted one episode before it fell into abysmal territory.

Whut. Depends on taste, mate. The real plot of "Goblin Slayer" started after the first episode. Not to spoil for people who haven't watched it yet, but if not further episodes then we would have to watch a generic slasher-like show about silent guy killing vile goblins. Instead, apart from these elements, we have also a story showing us evolution of the main character and how his way of life might have changed after meeting Priestess. Sure, it's not revolutionary, but if we had given raw continuation of slasher-like goblin hunt from the first episode, we would have experienced a dull story without much depth or original elements.
to be honest, in my opinion the goblin slayer manga is pretty good, but the anime is very bad, CGI is cheap and very bad, while the shield hero manga has a very interesting story, the MC is filled with anger and hatred, while the anime is bad, the MC looks stupid, weird and silly face , all characters were slaughtered by studio, JADI CONCLUSION BOTH ANIME IT WAS SAMPAHHH MURNI, GOBLIN SLAYER OR SHIELD HERO
May 20, 2019 4:42 AM
Mar 2019
Nim0174 said:
im all for the premise and revenge isekais
but this just feels like a show that purposfully triggers people which heavily pisses me off due to its ridiculousness

it really stretches the bullshit to a new level, the characters are so full of shit that it kills all the enjoyment im just watching to see the retribution and get some satisfaction out of it lol but overall for me its still 1/10 because the characters are like a -5000/10
too bad, it has such an amazing Composer for the OST and good Animation and Art is not too bad
Kevin Penkin is wasted so hard on this show.
whether the series is good or not, it all depends on what makes, in other words the animation studio, wants to be as good or popular as it does not have an effect, for example ANIME BERSERK S2, S3 QUALITY IS VERY BAD, CHEAP CGI, MANY STORIES CHANGED, CUT OUT REGULAR AND BEAUTIFUL, OPM S2 ANIMATION OF WASTE ANIME QUALITY, BAD CAMERA, FULL CGI, WTF GENOS APPEARANCE, VERY EXTREMELY GOOD MANGA, WITH OTHER WORDS OF STUDIO AND IMPORTANT KEY STAFF ANIMATORS TO A SERIOUS PERSON
May 20, 2019 6:02 PM

Aug 2018
SSL443 said:
ZedClodRaker said:
Shield Hero's popularity can be explained through several principal observations regarding the characters:

1) A harem series
2) A passive, underachieving character rises to OP levels through perseverance of wrongs inflicted upon him by virtually every facet of society, most importantly including wicked, deceitful women.
3) A passive, underachieving character meets a nearly perfect waifu who he "cures" and who becomes unconditionally devoted to him.
4) The hero gets revenge on the society that "kicked him around" -- including the evil woman who wronged him.

Shield Hero is the perfect wish fulfillment series for socially stunted and angry young dudes.

This is exactly what I was trying to get at with my long-winded rambling post. Good summary.

Yeah I'd say he pretty much hit the nail on the head. The show really wouldn't be anything more than silly inoffensive fluff if not for the fanboy's irrational hate-gasm towards Malty that they spam on every episode's comment section.

Get a grip losers, she's not a real person.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2019

402 by MaauFe »»
May 20, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

546 by ridly »»
May 6, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2019

243 by ridly »»
May 6, 6:22 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

271 by Der_Body »»
Apr 26, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 26, 8:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.