Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 23, 2015 4:20 AM

Mar 2015
CookingPriest said:
OneTrueEmiya said:

It's not the adaptation we all wanted, but it can't be that bad in your books, right?

DEENFSN is 4/10
UFOFSN has better fight budget so it is 5/10. Currently 4/10 because salt.

DEEN butchered the story with a cleaver via Sakura mini-arc and wtf Archer identity reveal, and had put Saber firmly as protagonist with Shirou having zilch for development. Also had had boring SoF and scenes that made Shirou look dumber than Naruto.

Ufotable kept close to the story and showed a more serious side of the story via far more serious expressions on Shirou and co, but lacked enough development for Shirou, had OST toned down (which is more of a neutral point than an outright negative) and skipped explanatory scenes.

Yeah, Ufo done goofed, but even without caring about graphical differences you can't compare pure shit with "acceptable but not what I wanted".

We can all moan about how Ufo should've done stuff and what could have been, but comparing this to DEEN's piss-poor work is getting out of hand.
Mar 23, 2015 4:20 AM

Jul 2007
damastah said:
Y'all know what I should've bought instead of this $400+ BD BS?

ALDNOAH ZERO VOL1.
http://www.play-asia.com/aldnoah-zero-vol-1-blu-raycd-limited-edition-paOS-13-49-en-70-81sp.html
ONLY FREAKING $83.49~~~~! See that?! Fuck you Miura. Fuck you Aniplex.

up to Vol 6 in same prices, MORE WORTH THE MONEY.

aldnoah is certainly the more enjoyable trainwreck out of the two
Mar 23, 2015 4:21 AM

May 2014
Harlequina said:
CookingPriest said:
Yah, ufoubw is a solid 5/10 right now.

Yea. For you it is (and some others no doubt). It's nice though that you alone don't decide what should be called good or enjoyable. It's great that everyone can have their own opinion, truly. :p

Sometimes I wonder.
Mar 23, 2015 4:22 AM

Jun 2014
CookingPriest said:
damastah said:
Y'all know what I should've bought instead of this $400+ BD BS?

ALDNOAH ZERO VOL1.
http://www.play-asia.com/aldnoah-zero-vol-1-blu-raycd-limited-edition-paOS-13-49-en-70-81sp.html
ONLY FREAKING $83.49~~~~! See that?! Fuck you Miura. Fuck you Aniplex.

up to Vol 6 in same prices, MORE WORTH THE MONEY.

aldnoah is certainly the more enjoyable trainwreck out of the two

Heck I enjoyed Vulvrape the Trainwreckmaker's BDs more than what I'm about to get from FSN UBW's BD.

I mean I wouldn't rage as much if I didn't BUY the BDs of UBW in a NO-RETURN, NO-CANCEL contract but I did so Miura can go drop dead.
Mar 23, 2015 4:23 AM

Jul 2007
OneTrueEmiya said:
and wtf Archer identity reveal,

Ufo did that too with all the shallow WINK-WINK-ing at his identity.
and had put Saber firmly as protagonist

ufofsn seibawank is just as strong.
with Shirou having zilch for development.

And ufo did such a great job with Shirou? Same treatment.
Also had had boring SoF

Three minute long fucking eating scenes and butt wiggling.
and scenes that made Shirou look dumber than Naruto.

Mar 23, 2015 4:30 AM

Mar 2011
Its pretty funny if you think about it, before the first season aired I remember a comment from ufotable saying that they liked Shirou and that they wanted to properly portray his character. It really feels like a bad joke now.
Mar 23, 2015 4:32 AM

Feb 2010
CookingPriest said:
damastah said:

Or it can do a Steins;Gate and improve drastically come the 2nd half, at least that's what I hope.

You know what Steins Gate had what FSN did not? PERFECTLY FUCKING EXECUTED FIRST HALF THAT HITS EVERY FUCKING CHARACTER NOTE RIGHT AND DOE SNOT OMIT IMPORTANT EXPOSITION AN CHARCTER SET-UP

This is more like expecting second grisaia season to turn out good.

A lot of bullshit right here, Steins;Gate had a lot of content cut out, some was mentioned on the movie, but still was a lot of things, even many of the Kurisu sci-fi explanation on how shit works, which is analogue to the exposition of Fate.

Also, i agree that they could use more monolgues to show Shirou thinking, but i already explained months ago about the expression on the animation, and still did a good job on him.

and hell, Shirou is the worse protagonist on the TM main works for me (which doesn't mean he is not good) people are overrating him too much in order to have a comeback to anime/DEEN watchers

but i don't even know i responding to Fai since i know the response i will got.
Mar 23, 2015 4:34 AM

Jun 2014
ZangetsuPriest said:
CookingPriest said:

You know what Steins Gate had what FSN did not? PERFECTLY FUCKING EXECUTED FIRST HALF THAT HITS EVERY FUCKING CHARACTER NOTE RIGHT AND DOE SNOT OMIT IMPORTANT EXPOSITION AN CHARCTER SET-UP

This is more like expecting second grisaia season to turn out good.

A lot of bullshit right here, Steins;Gate had a lot of content cut out, some was mentioned on the movie, but still was a lot of things, even many of the Kurisu sci-fi explanation on how shit works, which is analogue to the exposition of Fate.

But White Fox's output even with the cut stuff just clicked especially with the 2nd half. FSN UBW? I can't say the same since the goal was a seamless adaptation because based ufotable.
Mar 23, 2015 4:34 AM
Sep 2014
Were some of the QUALITY moments like the caster vs saber in ep 12 fixed?
Mar 23, 2015 4:39 AM

Feb 2009
francobull3 said:

*smirk*
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Mar 23, 2015 4:41 AM

Feb 2009
ZangetsuPriest said:

Let's be honest here. S;G sciency stuff was BS to begin with lol.
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Mar 23, 2015 4:43 AM

Jun 2014
HungryPriest said:
ZangetsuPriest said:

Let's be honest here. ALL ANIME sciency stuff was BS to begin with lol.

FTFY
Mar 23, 2015 4:45 AM
Sep 2014
HungryPriest said:
francobull3 said:

*smirk*

...seriously? They didn't fix the worse than deen tier scene, but had the time to makr berserker redder?
Mar 23, 2015 4:50 AM

Mar 2015
CookingPriest said:

Ufo did that too with all the shallow WINK-WINK-ing at his identity.

Better than outright

ufofsn seibawank is just as strong.

It's bad alright, but not as bad as DEEN. Saber has more scenes than she should, but DEEN replaced Shirou completely with Saber; hell, his only job in DEEN was to yell "SABER" and move the plot along. In ufo, he's got personality and purpose. Not a great one, mind you, but one nonetheless.

We've been through this, if I remember correctly. Ufo may or may not have done stuff like kicking off rock at the temple, or the "you're slamming brakes on yourself" after the date, so I'll leave it as differing personal opinion.

Three minute long fucking eating scenes and butt wiggling.

Far better than what DEEN served us on its worm-infested platter. Not as long as 3 minutes as well. I would take ufo's SoL over DEEN's mass Saberpandering.

Taiganapping I will concede. That was a scene that could've been done far better. The Archer-Shirou interactions during the temple fight were disrupting the flow without context, so that I concede too.

But everything else? I find them exceeding my expectations.
Shirou crashing into the skeletons with his pipe during the Rider bounded field thing. Shirou protecting himself with the desk while Rin Gandr-spammed. His survival against Lancer, even if it was only for a few seconds and a few moves. The first projection.

I know you're pissed about the BDs being pretty much no improvement and Shirou once again getting misinterpreted. Most of us are anyway. But UBW is really not as bad as you put it. Despite all the questionable directing, UBW is more than decent in its own right.

Sure, it's nowhere near VN level, but then again, apart from S;G what VN has truly been adapted to near-perfection? We got a good adaptation, let's enjoy what if offers for once and rip into something else that really needs ripping. Like DEEN.
Mar 23, 2015 5:01 AM

Feb 2010
damastah said:
ZangetsuPriest said:

But White Fox's output even with the cut stuff just clicked especially with the 2nd half. FSN UBW? I can't say the same since the goal was a seamless adaptation because based ufotable.

adaptation doesn't depend much on production value, it affects more the lenght of the work, it's good for shows like JoJo, but you won't get something impressive in animation standards (which Steins;Gate didn't need anyway)

what adaptation relies more is on the type of the source material and the ability of the director and animations to translate the work in animation form, some VNs may not translate really well, and others can only experience in VN form (Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi for example), but that is not the case of both of them.
JaogetsuMar 23, 2015 5:11 AM
Mar 23, 2015 5:03 AM
Jul 2012
I believe every person who bought this BD Box have the right to complain to Ufo for their false advertising. Yes, that is considered false advertising.

If you were justify Ufo's actions by saying "but you did get ~90 minutes of extra content, just not the content you wanted it to be".

Let's say I'm selling a box of chocolate and advertised it as dark chocolate, but I actually mean that the chocolate just looks darker and that there is no difference in taste compared to normal chocolate, then is that considered to be ethical and responsible to the consumers?

I didn't buy the BD, but this is still stupid and illogical. You can't play trickery with words when it comes to advertising. Go pass the line of being an ethical business and you lose all your consumers.
Mar 23, 2015 5:03 AM

Feb 2010
HungryPriest said:
ZangetsuPriest said:

Let's be honest here. S;G sciency stuff was BS to begin with lol.

maybe, i'm not physicist to confirm that, although i have friends who have a certain degree in physics that also play VNs lol.
Mar 23, 2015 5:08 AM

Feb 2010
Samhiuy said:
I believe every person who bought this BD Box have the right to complain to Ufo for their false advertising. Yes, that is considered false advertising.

If you were justify Ufo's actions by saying "but you did get ~90 minutes of extra content, just not the content you wanted it to be".

Let's say I'm selling a box of chocolate and advertised it as dark chocolate, but I actually mean that the chocolate just looks darker and that there is no difference in taste compared to normal chocolate, then is that considered to be ethical and responsible to the consumers?

I didn't buy the BD, but this is still stupid and illogical. You can't play trickery with words when it comes to advertising. Go pass the line of being an ethical business and you lose all your consumers.

carefully with "extra content", it can not mean only extra scenes, but the other things which also comes with the BD.
Mar 23, 2015 5:11 AM
Feb 2011
For the people complaining about the price...

The BDBOX is 39000 JPY
If they sold that like a "normal" anime, they'd put 2 episodes per BD, making for a total of 7 volumes (3 episodes in the 1st BD).

Now, if we divide those 39k JPY into 7 volumes, each volume would cost 5500 JPY. That's pretty cheap considering all the extra stuff you mention there, and also take into account that a BD volume of any other shows starts in the 7k JPY

Also think that they made 3 episodes 1 hour long, that gives you a total of 15 episodes.

CookingPriest said:
You know what Steins Gate had what FSN did not? PERFECTLY FUCKING EXECUTED FIRST HALF.....

Is this bait?

S;G's 1st half was slow as hell.
Mar 23, 2015 5:14 AM

Feb 2009
kotelo said:
CookingPriest said:
You know what Steins Gate had what FSN did not? PERFECTLY FUCKING EXECUTED FIRST HALF.....

Is this bait?

Does "slow" equal bad? First half served as a buildup for the second half and it did it's job well.
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Mar 23, 2015 5:15 AM

Aug 2014
kotelo said:

CookingPriest said:

Is this bait?

So?
Mar 23, 2015 5:21 AM

Aug 2012
HungryPriest said:
kotelo said:

Is this bait?

Does "slow" equal bad? First half served as a buildup for the second half and it did it's job well.

Isn't the first half of this supposed to be "buildup" for the second half as well? Keep in mind I haven't read the VNs yet!~

Mar 23, 2015 5:26 AM

Aug 2010
CloudStrifeFFVII said:

Isn't the first half of this supposed to be "buildup" for the second half as well? Keep in mind I haven't read the VNs yet!~

The thing is, it doesn't do the "build up" part very well.
Mar 23, 2015 5:28 AM

Dec 2014
I have not expected the blu rays to fail this bad, wow. Frankly, I'm not really surprised it was not up to par, given a lot of people expected the blu rays to fix things and staked their hopes about the adaptation on them, which in hindsight seems a bit silly (I admit)

But damn,
Ufotable just invested in some major salt factories.
Mar 23, 2015 5:33 AM

Mar 2015
astroprogs said:
CloudStrifeFFVII said:

It's slow and clunky but it does what is necessary. just like UBW It's essential and gives character development, and while Feyris and Suzuha still gets shafted, the mystery builds on nicely.

Of course, when the second half comes crashing down, people tend to forget the slow ride upwards, so I think the build-up's just fine.
Mar 23, 2015 5:35 AM

Jul 2013
So the timeframe is the same and there are few added scenes... Well, okay.

How about the sound? Any higher?

OneTrueEmiya said:

You know, just the other day I was arguing with Fai about how he should have more faith, that BDs will give more time to Shirou. I just checked the other thread for what the BDs added, and now I feel like an idiot to doubt his pessimism.

My hype for second cour is not gone, but it's certainly been dampened.

On the bright side, Assassin gets a meme, and graphics are now better. And it is far better than DEEN's. I just had higher hopes for this; maybe I hoped for too much.

We all did, Emiya Shirou. We all did.

HungryPriest said:
kotelo said:

Is this bait?

Agreed.

Steins;Gate's first season was absolutely epic even though barely anything happened. Despite the more confusing continuity and such, it translated the epic feel and the tension from the VN near-perfectly.
CarenPriestessMar 23, 2015 5:43 AM

Mar 23, 2015 5:43 AM

Dec 2014
Actually I'm wondering if maybe they changed the shots in the temple fight scene, where we had the same 3 still images repeated for like 10 minutes as Archer and Caster talked.

That felt hilariously bad.

If no added scenes, then at least there's hope for less reused frames?.......
Mar 23, 2015 5:51 AM

Aug 2014
Forgetfulness said:
Lol, the anti-ufofsn wank is strong.

Really, you're comparing ufofsn to DEEN's F/sn now?

Have you looked at his avatar? He's just salty because the BD's disappointed him. As expected.

I don't know why you expect a perfect 1:1 adaptation Fai. Sure, it's far from perfect, but you're just being ridiculous comparing it to DEENight. Shirou is far from the same character, and yes, the story is represented better.
InsertanamehereMar 23, 2015 7:29 AM
Mar 23, 2015 5:52 AM

Jul 2013
Hey, at least people like Shirou somewhat now (since a lot of people throughout the 1st cour have noted how he's much less of an idiot -and a misogynist- than the original), and the animation's so drop-dead gorgeous that everyone admires it~

If nothing else, that's noteworthy, so Ufotable's F/SN should at least be two points higher than DEEN's.

Mar 23, 2015 5:57 AM

Feb 2009
Insertanamehere said:
Forgetfulness said:
Lol, the anti-ufofsn wank is strong.

Really, you're comparing ufofsn to DEEN's F/sn now?

Have you looked at his avatar? He's just salty because the BD's disappointed him. AS expected.

I don't know why you expect a perfect 1:1 adaptation Fai. Sure, it's far from perfect, but you're just being ridiculous comparing it to DEENight. Shirou is far from the same character, and yes, the story is represented better.

I'm fairly sure no one ever asked for 1:1 adaptation. And Fai being ridiculous is kinda his default mode. I think it could be translated in something like "While Ufo is better, it doesn't change the fact that they both messed up with story and character development." Sounds better?
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Mar 23, 2015 6:01 AM

Feb 2010
my scores are (as adaptation only):

DEEN adaptation is 3 or 4/10
F/Z adaptation is 8/10, but is alot more easier to do.
Ufotable F/SN is 7/10 at this point, but even if gets 6/10 is still good, 5 being average.

Mar 23, 2015 6:01 AM

Mar 2015
HungryPriest said:
Insertanamehere said:

Have you looked at his avatar? He's just salty because the BD's disappointed him. AS expected.

I'm fairly sure no one ever asked for 1:1 adaptation. And Fai being ridiculous is kinda his default mode. I think it could be translated in something like "While Ufo is by far the better one, it doesn't change the fact that they both messed up with story and character development." Sounds better?

ftfy
Mar 23, 2015 6:09 AM
Feb 2015
Did they fixed the strings on Taiga neck?
Mar 23, 2015 6:13 AM

Mar 2015
Scints said:
Did they fixed the strings on Taiga neck?

Nope, unfortunately.
Mar 23, 2015 6:26 AM

Mar 2015
CarenPriest said:
Hey, at least people like Shirou somewhat now (since a lot of people throughout the 1st cour have noted how he's much less of an idiot -and a misogynist- than the original), and the animation's so drop-dead gorgeous that everyone admires it~

If nothing else, that's noteworthy, so Ufotable's F/SN should at least be two points higher than DEEN's.

The visuals aren't that impressive either... Leagues above most TV anime but I feel F/Z looked better, both in terms of actual animation and choreography. I expected something like the RN ops (which F/Z DID do), so the flat models and dancing behind fireworks were a huge let down.
Mar 23, 2015 6:44 AM

Jul 2007
Caliburn220 said:
CarenPriest said:

The visuals aren't that impressive either... Leagues above most TV anime but I feel F/Z looked better, both in terms of actual animation and choreography. I expected something like the RN ops (which F/Z DID do), so the flat models and dancing behind fireworks were a huge let down.

Yes. The visuals have budget, but not inspiration and the choreography and cinematography outright sucks.

OneTrueEmiya said:
astroprogs said:

It's slow and clunky but it does what is necessary. just like UBW It's essential and gives character development, and while Feyris and Suzuha still gets shafted, the mystery builds on nicely.

Of course, when the second half comes crashing down, people tend to forget the slow ride upwards, so I think the build-up's just fine.

nO IT DOES NOT DO WHATS NECESSARY

- It doesnot make us understand Shirou
- It does not establish his philosophical conflict with his ideals.
- IT did not make people LIKE Shirou since all the snarky sassy fun is gone and all the rin trolling is gone and his inner monologue badassery is gone
- The set up of important concepts and exposition is gone
- It did not showcase the dynamics of Rin/Shirou correctly. It literally is entirely different relationship from VN One now.

The ONLY Thing first half managed to do correctly out of all is showing shirou is broken somehow. Which is litteraly maybe ~1/5th of what it was supposed to do.
Mar 23, 2015 6:48 AM

Mar 2015
CookingPriest said:
Caliburn220 said:

Yes. The visuals have budget, but not inspiration and the choreography and cinematography outright sucks.

OneTrueEmiya said:

- IT did not make people LIKE Shirou since all the snarky sassy fun is gone and all the rin trolling is gone and his inner monologue badassery is gone
- It did not showcase the dynamics of Rin/Shirou correctly. It literally is entirely different relationship from VN One now.

The ONLY Thing first half managed to do correctly out of all is showing shirou is broken somehow. Which is litteraly maybe ~1/5th of what it was supposed to do.

-___-

ffs, take a hint Fai, I crossed it out. Deliberately. With ['s']. It's a joke.
Didn't I just admit UBW isn't perfect and it could definitely be better? >_>
Mar 23, 2015 7:11 AM
Oct 2011
CookingPriest said:

?
CookingPriest said:

??
CookingPriest said:

???
CookingPriest said:

????
CookingPriest said:

?????
CookingPriest said:

The only thing I can only read from this passage (and all neverending rambling that you are doing in these weeks): "UAAAAAAAAAH! NGEEEEH! I wanted a thing and I have not obtained what I wanted and now I have to ruin fun to everyone who is enjoying this! Stop having fun you guys because here everything is wrong and you are not supposed to have fun with this because things are not presented in the way I perceived the original material! I'm right and you are wrong!!!"

what a manchild... I'm ashamed to be fan of the same franchise of people like this.
Complain as much as you want, but please don't ruin the experience to new viewers, thanks.

Going back to lurking.
Mar 23, 2015 7:13 AM

Aug 2014
While Fai is pretty salty you're being a bit edgy there yourself.
Mar 23, 2015 7:21 AM
Oct 2011
Insertanamehere said:

It's the wrong way to enjoy things. I can understand the delusion of something not going in the way I wanted, but all this complain is doing is ruin the vision to other people.
I think is not fair to remark all the time that for you is a bad experience if the only effect is to make the fruition of the product by others as much as miserable as it is for you.
Mar 23, 2015 7:24 AM

Jul 2007
Good to see when "hyped" fans derail into adhominems instead of countering the argument.

Makes me feel all validated.
Mar 23, 2015 7:27 AM

Feb 2009
YggdrasilTM said:
Insertanamehere said:

It's the wrong way to enjoy things. I can understand the delusion of something not going in the way I wanted, but all this complain is doing is ruin the vision to other people.
I think is not fair to remark all the time that for you is a bad experience if the only effect is to make the fruition of the product by others as much as miserable as it is for you.

I can enjoy something even if it's a bad adaptation (even though I enjoy it a bit less now). If people's opinions hamper your personal enjoyment, you probably shouldn't hang around people at all.
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Mar 23, 2015 7:30 AM

Jul 2007
HungryPriest said:
YggdrasilTM said:

I can enjoy something even if it's a bad adaptation (even though I enjoy it a bit less now). If people's opinions hamper your personal enjoyment, you probably shouldn't hang around people at all.

^this

Just because you have something negative to say about an adaptation does not mean you do not enjoy it.
Its just objectively not good.

OST is still nice, character designs are still good and the second cour will have plentycheap popcorn fireworks towatch.
Mar 23, 2015 7:34 AM

May 2014
YggdrasilTM said:

The only thing I can only read from this passage (and all neverending rambling that you are doing in these weeks): "UAAAAAAAAAH! NGEEEEH! I wanted a thing and I have not obtained what I wanted and now I have to ruin fun to everyone who is enjoying this! Stop having fun you guys because here everything is wrong and you are not supposed to have fun with this because things are not presented in the way I perceived the original material! I'm right and you are wrong!!!"

what a manchild... I'm ashamed to be fan of the same franchise of people like this.
Complain as much as you want, but please don't ruin the experience to new viewers, thanks.

Going back to lurking.

Nah get rekt fellas, I'm with this guy. Fai can be salty all he wants, that's fine, but for fucks sake stop commenting on every little thing with the same complaints.

We get it. Let us get on with our lives and enjoy what we can lol
Mar 23, 2015 7:53 AM

Sep 2013
WrongPriest said:
YggdrasilTM said:

Going back to lurking.

Nah get rekt fellas, I'm with this guy. Fai can be salty all he wants, that's fine, but for fucks sake stop commenting on every little thing with the same complaints.

We get it. Let us get on with our lives and enjoy what we can lol

We knew this day was coming, folks.

I do kinda agree, tho.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2015 8:22 AM
Sep 2012
CookingPriest said:
It also did this in the worst, most over the top way possible too by having him go wide-eyed remembering what went down back in Vietnam.
Mar 23, 2015 8:28 AM

Jul 2014
While the hilariously exaggerated complaints are certainly valid, I do think there's no point repeating the same things over and over. At least not where it can damper the fun of people who are actually enjoying the show for what it is.

I personally am disappointed for now but I'm disappointed with most adaptations. Putting my VN bias aside, it's NOT bad show by any stretch. I'm sure I would have liked it if I were an anime-only watcher. I think I would have liked Shirou too (snark isn't all you need to be likeable pls). But knowing what it could have been is what really sucks.

Though it's still too early to write this off completely. While they have horrifically messed up some parts, they can still make sure that there is sufficient build up to Answer which at this point is all I care about. Get that right, and I'll forgive it for its shortcomings. Mostly.
Mar 23, 2015 8:32 AM

May 2014
CarenPriest said:
So the timeframe is the same and there are few added scenes... Well, okay.

How about the sound? Any higher?

Reports are coming in that they cranked the sound. Which makes me feel pretty stupid for going on about how "It's totally fine, it compliments the scenes" when apparently now they turned it up it's so much better lol
Mar 23, 2015 8:40 AM
Sep 2012
Nisemonogatari did everything that the UBW adapatation did and ever will do, only better and in 11 episodes. Think about that for a moment.
Mar 23, 2015 8:44 AM

Jul 2007
demonicpudding said:

I personally am disappointed for now but I'm disappointed with most adaptations. Putting my VN bias aside, it's NOT bad show by any stretch. I'm sure I would have liked it if I were an anime-only watcher. I think I would have liked Shirou too (snark isn't all you need to be likeable pls). But knowing what it could have been is what really sucks.

But would yo like him to the levels VN made you like him or would you go "meh decent typical protagonist"

Though it's still too early to write this off completely. While they have horrifically messed up some parts, they can still make sure that there is sufficient build up to Answer which at this point is all I care about. Get that right, and I'll forgive it for its shortcomings. Mostly.

Most of answer build up is already flubbed:
- Shirou ahs to be likeable and relatable so we cheer for his struggle in Answer. That won't happen now.
- The power set explanation is lacking> Thus generic shonen asspull.
- His philosophical struggle with his ideals is nowhere to be found beyond the basic "someone calls him out on it" stuff.

June93 said:
CookingPriest said:
It also did this in the worst, most over the top way possible too by having him go wide-eyed remembering what went down back in Vietnam.

It would be okay if we got context for it.

Sadly majority of viewer base has no fucking idea what even triggers are so unless you have VN knowledge of his character, you won't get anything more than "that he is somehow fucked up"
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by oilapqoi »»
May 15, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.