Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 26, 2009 11:42 AM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Early OP is neat.
Though not much happened it's good to see that Luffy is getting treatment already.

It seems like it was mostly an introduction to the Okama's. And it seems that Ivankof has a DF ability as well.
Mar 26, 2009 12:03 PM
Jun 2007
Oh lawd. Ivankov is an even crazier character than I anticipated. turning a man into a woman? deflecting cannon balls with a mere wink? and could possibly save Luffy from all the poison in his body? despite his/her appearance, Ivankov could possibly be the most awesome character in OP.
Mar 26, 2009 12:12 PM

Mar 2008
I laughed really hard when that guy was turned into a woman, Ivankov is really weird but funny :).

On a side note I don't think Luffy's treatment will take two days he probably gets better right before Ace's execution.
Mar 26, 2009 12:19 PM

Mar 2009
ivankov is some really funny dude xD
thats really miracle worker
if hes called like that of course he can deflect cannonballs and turn a man into a woman
it wouldnt be called "mirror" otherwise wouldnt it?^^
i bet he can turn luffy into the opposide state as he is in now^^
from near death to very healthy
Mar 26, 2009 12:21 PM

May 2007
Early release = win.

Man, this was such a weird and hilarious chapter. Ivankov has some unbelievable powers.

Avarice said:
Oh lawd. Ivankov is an even crazier character than I anticipated. turning a man into a woman? deflecting cannon balls with a mere wink? and could possibly save Luffy from all the poison in his body? despite his/her appearance, Ivankov could possibly be the most awesome character in OP.

Haha, this is pretty much what I thought. He could be win type of character. :)

But definitely a big dilemma. Luffy will be cured in 2 days. Ace's execution was set to be in 23 hours, if I remember correctly. Not good.
Mar 26, 2009 12:21 PM

Dec 2007
oh wow, another hillarious yet awesome character! *wink*
Mar 26, 2009 12:29 PM

May 2006
DEATH WINK was intense. Also I bet once they break out of Impel Down, Ivankov will take Luffy to find Sanji first :D

Mar 26, 2009 12:44 PM

May 2008
i dont want to see this chapter animated :D
Mar 26, 2009 1:08 PM

Jan 2008
This was a very strange chapter. And am I the only one that thought that Iva-san turned that pirate into a Nami-esque looking female? Speaking of her, I love how Bon Bon used his ability to look like Nami and captured the warden wannabe. XD

I can see Luffy getting out of the cave just before Ace's execution, saying that he's well enough, and will finish the treatments after saving his brother.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Mar 26, 2009 1:22 PM

Aug 2007
Damn. That woman is pretty powerful. How will MDL get out of this one
Mar 26, 2009 1:24 PM

Jul 2008
hehe i havent seen a character like Ivankov for a while but dam wonder wat kind of wink was that lol. Reading this chapter reminded me of when Zoro protected Luffy in Thriller Bark. I guessing Bon will either die while protecting Luffy in impel down or joins The strawhats after breaking out.
Mar 26, 2009 1:33 PM

Jul 2008
The true question is can Iva take on Pandaman? The second true question is, was it kinda bad I was slightly turned on by that dude being turned into a chick?

vindemon64 said:
But definitely a big dilemma. Luffy will be cured in 2 days. Ace's execution was set to be in 23 hours, if I remember correctly. Not good.

Tot'ly. And then when you take into account that Bon-chan had been passed out for ten hours, Luffy's healing is going to have to go into overdrive to actually make it in time for Ace's execution. That, or Luffy GAR's out and rushes with poison still in his body.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Mar 26, 2009 1:40 PM

May 2007
Woa, Iva-san sure is a weird person. Quite scary too. XDD But she has some powerful attacks, especially the turning a man into a women thing! Like, wtf! genderbender fans would love her

Anyway, I hope Luffy can make it to Ace's execution. :O

Mar 26, 2009 1:50 PM

Oct 2008
Hahah, what a winning ability that is! I laughed my ass off when the guy turned into a woman.

Good to see that Luffy is getting treated.
DevianteMar 26, 2009 1:54 PM
Mar 26, 2009 2:17 PM

May 2007
Iva-san truly is a miracle worker, only him/her to make One Piece come out before Naruto and Bleach :D

About the chapter, it's probably one of the weirdest I have ever read. All the characters had unusual designs and personalities, and they kept doing crazy stuff xD But I guess that's what makes One Piece so much better then all the other mangas out there :P

P.S.: Was I the only one that thought of Lola's mother when I saw Iva-san? >.<
Mar 26, 2009 3:10 PM

Apr 2007
Honestly........I just wanna see Ace! >_>

Mar 26, 2009 3:16 PM

Oct 2008
GanonBR said:
P.S.: Was I the only one that thought of Lola's mother when I saw Iva-san? >.<

No, you were not, for I thought of her at first too.
Mar 26, 2009 3:25 PM

Feb 2008
Wow wow wow. What kind of ability is that, really?! XD He can turn everything to it's opposite conditions? Or just a KAMA ability? LOL! XD

OP is getting cool. And I hope Luffy will get well soon.
Mar 26, 2009 3:31 PM

May 2007
Bakayaro said:
The true question is can Iva take on Pandaman? The second true question is, was it kinda bad I was slightly turned on by that dude being turned into a chick?

1.) True. I had forgotten about Pandaman. That may be a close battle, with Pandaman coming out on top.

2.) Don't worry. You're not the only one.
Mar 26, 2009 3:46 PM

Nov 2008
When is coming the charapters of zoro and the others??? i want to see them T-T
We take a break a little. Have a good dream. ♥
Mar 26, 2009 3:51 PM

Jun 2007
Oh wow Bon clay, abusing Nami's hotness once againxD

Iva was freaking bizarre, but this is One Piece. 10 bucks says we'll be crying over these freaks in a couple of chapters, this is Oda it is faith.

But who is going to save Ace now :S
Mar 26, 2009 3:54 PM

Oct 2007
what kind of treatment is that?
what makes luffy scream
why is the door locked? O_o
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2009 3:55 PM

Jul 2008
i wonder if that a devil fruit? the ability to turn a person to the opposite gender... scary, but hey luffy is being healed
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 26, 2009 4:28 PM

Jun 2007
I think Iva has a reverse fruit.

The wink was reversing the cannonball, reversing that guys gender, and currently reversing Luffy's poisoning. which will probably mean going trough the whole ordeal again in reverse order :S
Mar 26, 2009 4:40 PM

Oct 2008
Peralisc said:
what makes luffy scream

Maybe?

Lol, seriously though, that's something I'd like to know as well.
Mar 26, 2009 5:28 PM

Oct 2007

DeviantWaltz said:
Peralisc said:
what makes luffy scream

Maybe?

Lol, seriously though, that's something I'd like to know as well.

LOL

My thoughts were here though:
mulderman said:
I think Iva has a reverse fruit.

The wink was reversing the cannonball, reversing that guys gender, and currently reversing Luffy's poisoning. which will probably mean going trough the whole ordeal again in reverse order :S
Mar 26, 2009 6:14 PM

Jul 2008
Oh wow, that's actually a really good thought that hadn't even crossed my mind. I'd reckon that's a very high possibility! Kinda excites me to see what can happen with that, though.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Mar 26, 2009 7:23 PM

May 2007
DeviantWaltz said:
Peralisc said:
what makes luffy scream

Maybe?

PHYSICS!!
Mar 26, 2009 10:54 PM

Apr 2007
FABULOUS~

ace is going to die :3
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Mar 26, 2009 11:17 PM

Nov 2007
Man, seeing Nami in that first panel made me think that this chapter was going to be about the other crew members. I felt teased at first, but I got over it since the chapter was great anyways. Iva is pretty bizarre and I think you people may be onto something with that reverse fruit idea.

Also Luffy begging Iva to help Bon Clay reminded me of him begging Kureha to help Nami/Sanji in Drum Island.
Mar 27, 2009 2:56 AM

Jul 2008
I thought that this chapter was going to be about the rest of the crew members. Oh well nothing to complain about it was a great chapter all the same!! I loved the introduction to Iva-san. Though her/his fruit was the weirdest I've ever seen!!!

But ACE!!! Now who's going to save him??? I have a feeling that by some miracle the rest of the crew will find some way to join up and save him.

Mar 27, 2009 5:28 AM

May 2008
I love the fact that the prisoners are defying Impel Down
by making heaven where the guards thought it was hell XD
and i'm mega glad that Luffy's on his way to recovery <3
Mar 27, 2009 6:51 AM

Jan 2009
hmm just a theory but is it possible the death wink is haki? It sort of looks like a more controlled version of haki, like if all the haki is concentrated in that wink it would have the power to return the ball. Maybe ivankov would teach luffy how to control his haki =)
Mar 27, 2009 8:06 AM

Jan 2008
That was one weird chapter yet again =D Punching someone pretty with one hit is quite impressive indeed XD
Was it just me or did Iva looked a bit like the dude from rocky horror picture show? o.O
I hope you have a lovely day ♥ヾ(๑❛ ▿ ◠๑ )
Mar 27, 2009 10:01 AM

Dec 2008
I knew that black and white hair dude/girl can't be Iva-sama. But I never imagined that okama queen could be so okama! His appearance really sucks, and still it made me to laugh my head off! :D I thought that Bon Clay had weird appearance, but Oda beats me totally. People who criticises Oda's drawing style doesn't understand how fabulous he is when he creates funny characters like Bon Clay or Iva-sama. And those men in tights were so laughable!
Mar 27, 2009 5:18 PM

May 2007
OP is superior
Mar 28, 2009 12:35 AM

Jul 2008
bon is really fitting there lol.

Mar 28, 2009 10:43 PM

Mar 2009
another unpredictable turn of events in the manga, like danggggg wow

first i woulda never even thought about a possible devil fruit ability in the one piece world where u can turn guys into chicks, i think that turns the whole discussion of which ability youd want scenario question upside down for about half the male audience haha

and in mere pages i went from laughing then getting teary eyed seeing the luffy flashback asking to help bon clay
Mar 29, 2009 4:15 AM

Jan 2009
The chapter was great ( as always ) but I want to see ACEEE :3
Mar 29, 2009 6:40 AM

Jan 2008
lol Does this mean that 90% of the New Kama Land is trap? Ivankov is awesome xD
Mar 29, 2009 6:47 AM
Aug 2008
I almost thought that it was gonna be about the rest of the straw hats when I saw (Bon)Nami |D Stop teasing us, Oda-sensei!!!

I guess this painful healing process that Luffy's going through will give him some new powers..? :D *is worried about Ace though*
Mar 29, 2009 8:55 AM

Jun 2007
Ok. WTF? That got a little too weird.
Mar 29, 2009 10:23 AM
Nov 2007
well I don't think Luffy's treatment will last 2 days cause he has the greatest haki and with willpower he will get better soon and surprise everyone and with everyone joining him there they will turn Impel Down upside down from the inside. Otherwise, I hope there will be some action about Whitebeard pirates and other pirates between marines and the execution time will be delayed.

and for the Iwa's ability, when I see the locked door where Luffy's treatment is going on, in a moment a thought of different kind of Luffy will come out of there passed from my mind and I hope it won't be what I think=)
Mar 29, 2009 10:09 PM
Jul 2008
Darkreaper70 said:
Early OP is neat.
Though not much happened it's good to see that Luffy is getting treatment already.

It seems like it was mostly an introduction to the Okama's. And it seems that Ivankof has a DF ability as well.

what u talking about ability? he turned him into a woman with his pure okamaness... and he reflected the ball with his spirit pressure like rayleigh, whitebeard and all them :P
seems like any captain/king type they meet from here on will wither have a fruit or can use spirit pressure... like that sky island monk guy but stronger (he musnt've been very strong if all he knows is how 2 use spirit pressure since his bountys only 100 mil.. kinda like Mr. 5 i guess :P

ClearSinz said:
I guessing Bon will either die while protecting Luffy in impel down or joins The strawhats after breaking out.

he COULD always stay in impel with iva...
Somebody said:
Man, seeing Nami in that first panel made me think that this chapter was going to be about the other crew members. I felt teased at first, but I got over it since the chapter was great anyways. Iva is pretty bizarre and I think you people may be onto something with that reverse fruit idea.
Also Luffy begging Iva to help Bon Clay reminded me of him begging Kureha to help Nami/Sanji in Drum Island.

mmm, a clue to if he's gona join the clue may be if luffy used tomodachi (friend) or nakama (mate)... since he used it for everyone even when they said they werent in the crew yet
DeviantWaltz said:

Peralisc said:
what makes luffy scream

Maybe?

main.. only difference bt OP and RL is oil, if they has petrol, franky would be on the level of a gundam and ussop would be the captain (coz he canz shoot guns)
otoko_tenshiMar 29, 2009 10:18 PM
Mar 29, 2009 11:11 PM
Oct 2007
Level 5.5 -- Never go there if you like being who you are.
Mar 31, 2009 1:25 AM

Mar 2009
nah bon clay prolly wont join them, (well i hope not)
1. he has his own crew,
2. theres already alot of males in the crew,
3. his fruit ability is really only good for little cameos, it would get way old fast if he keeps using it throughout the series
4. he uses kicks mostly, which is sanji's thing, its true brook uses a sword too but he looks to be just avg with it
5. he has same voice of franky so hearing both of them together for a long time isnt gonna work
6. he doesnt have a profession, everyone in the crew has somewhat of a profession

i could be wrong tho xD one piece is hard to predict

id instead want that ghost chick to join, i cant remember her name atm, but the crew needs some more chicks, it is unusual for everyone to be sent away by kuma separately except zoro and that ghost chick, so it may lead to them two bonding etc and she might join
Mar 31, 2009 4:40 AM

Jun 2007
I agree, Bon Clay will probably stay with Ivan.
Perona is the girl you're talking about, and I would love to see her as part of the crew, the only thing about her holding me back is her laugh arararararararararararara.

Boa is another possibility, but I really doubt it.
a: She's a shichibukai
b: She looks a lot like Robin (tall actractive black haired woman)

I still think the next crewmember is going to be a mermaid (not keimi)
Apr 1, 2009 12:37 AM

Jul 2008
man ivankof funny as hell and hes a genius turning a man into a woman.lol man luffy wont make it in time to save ace say whatttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 29, 2010 9:22 AM

Oct 2008
Wow, I hope Luffy will be okay. D:
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 24, 2015 5:47 PM

Feb 2015
It looks like Ivan turned that guy into nami xD.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 50 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 8, 2010

19 by Dumb »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 49 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 8, 2010

17 by Dumb »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 48 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Feb 5, 2010

16 by Dumb »»
29 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 47 Discussion

18 by Dumb »»
35 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 46 Discussion

19 by Dumb »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.