Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Soul Eater
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 9, 2009 7:54 AM

Oct 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yeah, it finally picked up. Shinigami-sama duked it out w/ Asura, gotta love the Soul Resonance w/ Spirit. This epi is kinda interesting too since it's the first time (even for the manga) that Asura's background is shown. The last scene is a killer, didn't expect that to happen to Arachne. Anyway, looks like the ending video will really happen, can't wait to see it =3

Mar 9, 2009 2:13 PM

Dec 2007
wrong thread +_+
yakisobapanMar 10, 2009 5:54 AM
Mar 9, 2009 2:36 PM
Jun 2008
uh..i think you are in the wrong ep.

@.@ yea seems more likely the ED is happening...
Mar 9, 2009 2:45 PM

Dec 2008
It was nice. Mainly funny. Black Star had me lol so hard…
Anyway, I'm not so shocked about Shinigami. I always knew he wouldn't win himself. If he would, it might make more sense (ahem ahem) but then we would be having some leftover episodes to fill, Excalibur would have no part, and Maka and Soul's running for 3 whole episodes would be for nothing.
And we got to see Asura's face again. And a "Shinigami Chop". So this episode isn't so bad.
Mar 9, 2009 5:14 PM

Nov 2008
Another spectacularly intense episode, with the usual nice humorous interjections thanks to Black Star.

Does this now mean that, in addition to being the Kishin, Asura is also qualified to be a Death Scythe? (Like he needs more power?) <LOL>

I guess next episode it's up to the next generation.

On the other hand, wouldn't it be ironic if it were Excalibur who saved the day in the end? (That's assuming that Shinigami's side are the "good guys", which I'm still not totally convinced is true.)
Mar 10, 2009 5:54 AM

Dec 2007
AceSoldia said:
uh..i think you are in the wrong ep.

@.@ yea seems more likely the ED is happening...

Oh shit you're right. LOL.
Mar 10, 2009 4:40 PM
May 2008
Great fight but still kinda ruined it. ;;
Mar 10, 2009 8:58 PM

Sep 2008
well i didnt expected the figth to end so quickly
couldnt shinigami-sama cover the last blow with out getting destroyed or absorbing it like the first on¿?
i knew he wasnt going to win because it would have leaved the main gang with nothing to do
so 3 more epis until the kishin is defeated
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 11, 2009 12:57 AM

Jan 2009
Wow Shinigami lost so fast, I expected more this battle. Kishin is so cool =x
I liked the episode even made me forget the previous one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2009 6:43 AM

Jan 2009
Well, it was a nice episode, but i didnt like the stupid cliche of losing cause he was protecting the people that he loves, cammon always the same stuff -.-

Kishin Hunter rulz :D
RedzinxMar 11, 2009 3:55 PM
Mar 11, 2009 11:20 AM

Feb 2009
But still it's nice that having friends wasn't cause of winning as it often happens. You know all that 'friendship power' stuff.
One thing that wasn't made well: why does a single Kishin's attack, which Shinigami could easily stop before, destroyed him? Remember their first fight? That was a little far-fetched. I've been waiting for this fight and I was a bit disappointed.
However my impression changed when Kishin killed Arachne. Loved that scene.
Mar 11, 2009 1:25 PM

Dec 2008
Ugh, very good episode, in my opinion.
I kind of wanted Kid to cry or get pissed off or something, he sounds so awesome when he's pissed off. >:
But oh well, I think Shinigami-sama put up a good fight. And I don't think he had time enough to just absorb Kishin's attack, if Kishin was aiming straight at him, yes, but he had to rush over to protect Kid and Asuza, so. Either way, ;___;
Also, Ashura killing Arachne at the end was brilliant, I feel bad for her in a way, I think she loved him. (omg, witch/kishin romance, so beautiful).
I'm so much more hopeful about the ending of the series now, it seems they might pull it off.
Mar 11, 2009 3:26 PM

Mar 2008
The ending was resplendent. I have always hated how Arachne always have that ambitious smile.
Mar 11, 2009 6:11 PM
Feb 2009
is season 2 possible? most likely or not?
Mar 12, 2009 9:42 AM

Jan 2009
I felt depressed about Asura killing Arachne. I think Arachne loved Asura, and he was begining to feel the same, but this scared him (no wonder, after what happend to Shinigami when he tried to protect everyone)...
Mar 12, 2009 9:44 AM

Apr 2008
madafaka said:
is season 2 possible? most likely or not?

Could happen but. If it will its gonna take a pretty long time... As they have use up nearly every bit of manga & they made a lot of crazy stuff up. The Giant robts and stuff.

When i watched this episode RAW I hated it. I felt like Asura talked way to mutch for the madman he is made out to be. But now I actualy like his talking spree. In the manga Shinigami would have so beaten Asura. I liked there first fight better but this fight was pretty sweet 2. B*S is kinda sukisch right now but that could just be cuz i hated his random powerup! Well at least Asura killing Archne was pretty awesome and so was his conversation with Excalibur.

Excalibur: Baka~
Asura: That phrase brings back memories.

I would have so loled if Asura made that same annoyed face Kid & B*S make about him. XD
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Mar 12, 2009 10:56 AM

Jul 2008
damn archane died sad shingami lost damn and blackstar still the shit.lol but the ED is really happening only 3 more eps ya^^
Mar 12, 2009 1:04 PM

Dec 2008
Zero_r2 said:
well i didnt expected the figth to end so quickly
couldnt shinigami-sama cover the last blow with out getting destroyed or absorbing it like the first on¿?

My thoughts exactly. Though it was unexpected of the Kishin to suddenly attack the audience below so suddenly, I had predicted that Shinigami would've blocked the shot using Spirit's death scythe form or some other divine power that he has. Yet I highly doubt that this is the end of Shinigami. Perhaps he'll suddenly resurrect? The possibility exists due to his nature as a death god after all.

Finally the end of Arachne. Her garish grin only stretched my strong dislike of her. Good riddance. Now that the Kishin swallowed the witch's soul, what will become of him now? Hmm. Looks like a dark, bitter ending may be approaching. Then again the series is open for a good twist sooner or later...

maykipz said:
I kind of wanted Kid to cry or get pissed off or something, he sounds so awesome when he's pissed off. >:

Indeed. Mamoru Miyano's enraged voice would've been priceless for that particular scene.
~ SilentMuse, At Your Service. ~
Mar 12, 2009 1:55 PM

Feb 2009
WTF happened?! Shinigami-sama!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO T-T
Well I knew that would happen eventually. *sigh* I really like Shinigami-sama. I hate the sacrifice type death the most in anime! *pouts*
Mar 12, 2009 2:59 PM

Mar 2009
I still don't get it. Aren't Gods immortal?

This episode was way better than the last but I didn't like a Asura won so cheap, I didn't like how he kept trying to have a conversation about imagination while they were fighting, I didn't like how simply he killed Arachne who is supposed to be like the secondary villain. I guess this is setting up for an epic battle with our main characters so that's good
Mar 12, 2009 4:25 PM

Dec 2008
KazuraX said:
I still don't get it. Aren't Gods immortal?

Immortality just means you'll never off and die of old age or natural causes, it doesn't mean someone can't kill you.
Mar 12, 2009 4:35 PM

Aug 2008
when Asura fighting with Shinigami and then Asura atack him, Kid said "Father" and then Asura looked at him.. so theres my question.. does Asura is Kid father? they have the same hair, and the face looking wee bit the same
Mar 12, 2009 6:06 PM

Mar 2009
Arhang said:
when Asura fighting with Shinigami and then Asura atack him, Kid said "Father" and then Asura looked at him.. so theres my question.. does Asura is Kid father? they have the same hair, and the face looking wee bit the same

I also believed they were linked when I first saw Asura's face but wouldn't you rather find out by watching than someone just telling you if it's true?
Mar 12, 2009 6:09 PM

Dec 2008
Arhang said:

I noticed that as well and I've always kind of thought that they might be connected anyway, but I think, at least in the anime, they aren't. It seemed more like Ashura realizing that Kid was...well...Shinigami-sama's kid, and how he could use that to his advantage.
Mar 12, 2009 6:12 PM

Feb 2009
I think it is possible that there is a Kid Ashura relationship in Manga but i doubt they can squeeze in something like that with 3 episodes left next episode looks like Soul's black blood takes over.
Mar 12, 2009 6:46 PM
Nov 2007
they should sacrifice angela to soul and then he can become a death scythe and beat asura :x
Mar 12, 2009 11:03 PM

Nov 2007
The way Shinigami-sama lost was so cliche ... but oh well Arachne getting taken out was a somewhat unexpected turn of events, but who's going to take on Ashura now O_O?
Mar 13, 2009 2:52 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
crowslayer91 said:
they should sacrifice angela to soul and then he can become a death scythe and beat asura :x
HAHAHAHA. but true!
grrreat episode :)

only 3 episodes left O.O
p r o f i l e 👀
Mar 13, 2009 4:39 AM

May 2008
It was good episode. And Ashura is sooo sweet *__* Until he.. done THIS to Shinigami-sama. That's unbelievable! He just CAN'T die! Can't wait for 49 episode...
Mar 13, 2009 12:11 PM

Apr 2008
crowslayer91 said:
Hahaha lol. But Spirtit was a DS to and according to shinigami he's the best that didn't help him mutch against Asura.

Crimsonwill said:
The way Shinigami-sama lost was so cliche ... but oh well Arachne getting taken out was a somewhat unexpected turn of events, but who's going to take on Ashura now O_O?
True, in the manga Shinigami shure as hell would't have lost even if Asura was at full power... We all know that Kid, Black Star & Maka are gonna team up on Asura and then Use a Demonhunter to finish Asura or they could let B*S kill him and have him finnaly surpass a god or have Kid do it to avenge his father and become the new Shinigami boss!
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Mar 13, 2009 12:35 PM

May 2008
Ahh..
kinda creepy that Shinigami-sama is in that state
and i'm SO glad Kishin killed Arachne

Mar 13, 2009 1:16 PM

Oct 2008
Okay, can anyone explain to me how Shinigami was killed by the exact same attack he absorbed just TWENTY MINUTES BEFORE!!

Aside from that I did enjoy the episode.
Mar 13, 2009 2:12 PM

Nov 2008
I loved this episode!
The last ep is near and I just can't wait for it! Hope there'll be a 2nd season...

Well, I expected that Kid will cry after his father death... XD And he was the only one conscious after Asura's attack. Now I think that Maka'll be the one to defeat Asura...

No chance for Shinigami Chop in the next episode... T.T
Mar 13, 2009 3:53 PM

Oct 2007
Geez, spanish subbers are way quicker than english ones... x.x

EDIT: Nevermind! I finally found subbed 48. gonna watch and then post now xD

ehhhh.... I didn't quiet understand why Ashura is afriad of Archne. And lol @ the end where the preview for 49 was playing, Maka was silly.
iLove3PMar 13, 2009 4:25 PM
Mar 13, 2009 4:56 PM

Aug 2008
Why the idiots had been in the fight area attending?
Shinigami is very naive!
Mar 13, 2009 5:01 PM

Apr 2008
I hope they end it at 51 and not do a naruto-style character ruining filler filled 2nd season.

the only problems i have with this show is they introduce characters and don't really do anything with them!!

Kinda weird...
Mar 14, 2009 12:19 PM

Feb 2009
I don't think Shinigami is dead. That would be kind of sad, both ways. If anything, the second generation will probably take over but they should still keep Shinigami around to hold peace once everything is done. Though, like someone mentioned, Spirit being a death scythe and the perfect partner with Shinigami does leave questions behind...

And for me, I actually saw Arachne's death coming when Ashura got closer to her. I knew he was going to kill her because you can just feel it! And he did! It was great. xD

But now that he swallowed a witch's soul, I wonder what's going to happen next. Medusa and Arachne are out of the picture, that only leaves Mosquito and Ashura. The guy with the chainsaw feet and all I think was pissed that he was betrayed so he might not be a villain anymore and neither is Mifune. So...we're down to two. But I actually hate Mosquito and how he seems to pose more of a threat and did more damage than what Arachne did. We'll see how it all ends!

Mar 14, 2009 12:23 PM

Apr 2008
There was way too much useless talking in circles this episode. Dialogue really sucked (although subbers might have something to do with that too).

NoBadsign said:
TWENTY MINUTES BEFORE!!
Seconded.
Mar 14, 2009 1:45 PM
Aug 2008
milesperminute said:
There was way too much useless talking in circles this episode. Dialogue really sucked (although subbers might have something to do with that too).

NoBadsign said:
TWENTY MINUTES BEFORE!!
Seconded.[/qu
milesperminute said:

NoBadsign said:
TWENTY MINUTES BEFORE!!
Seconded.

am i the only one who noticed. check the ep again and see the quality and size of the blast that beat him. also jus watch the dang anime and stop saying its cliche. wat else could they hav done
Mar 14, 2009 4:57 PM

Dec 2008
Here's how it will really end: Asura chokes on his dagger... End of story :P
Mar 15, 2009 2:43 PM

Aug 2007
So why didnt shinigami at least try to like shield himself and everyone from that attack but alright whatever. So in the end its gonna be maka isnt it? *sigh*
Maybe the kishin was falling in love with arachne thats why he killed her and ate her soul.
Mar 15, 2009 5:18 PM

Mar 2009
I saw the raw a few days ago, but just watched the sub.

I hope the remaining eps are good.
Mar 15, 2009 5:20 PM

Mar 2009
meowmeow21 said:
So why didnt shinigami at least try to like shield himself and everyone from that attack but alright whatever. So in the end its gonna be maka isnt it? *sigh*
Maybe the kishin was falling in love with arachne thats why he killed her and ate her soul.

Blind attack to the people below, he didnt have time. So he took it headon and dies.

And I hardly doubt it...
Mar 15, 2009 8:04 PM

Dec 2008
T_T I didn't like Arachne particularly much, btu that was kind of sad. ): <3 She seemed to sincerely care for Ashura, despite the fact that her motive was to jsut use him.

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Mar 16, 2009 10:29 AM

May 2008
I've been waiting for 13:18 the whole series.
Mar 16, 2009 4:36 PM

Jul 2008
meowmeow21 said:

Yeah.

Asura said himself that friendship and such were rules who are a source of fear. Afterall when you have someone close to you, you are scared to lose this person.
After his fight against Shinigami he though ot Arachne and understood that he started to like her, to trust her which scared him, the solution was simple: He killed her.

And yeah what would be a Shonen without the main character giving the finishing blow to the final ennemy.
Though she really is not ready now, that's why I find the anime kinda stupid in this way... In the manga at the moment Maka is stronger than in the anime (She can control her soul perception way better, she can't fell into insanity and she can use her demon hunter everytime she want to) and we see quite easely that the Kishin is way too big for her... Eventually she will finish to have the power to defeat it but not at the moment.

I'm pretty much sure Maka will throw herself in the insanity a second time, with the demon hunter this time. I really could see Kid and Black star going insane as well because of the resonnance, the little demon said that it's possible to infect other with the black blood but that it take an really great resonnance rate. With Shinigami death and Shibusen falling I could agree with the possibility of the trio sharing an enourmous resonnance and going berserk against the Kishin.

I doubt the Kishin can handle a good demon hunter slasht, if he could do that easely I doubt he would have keep dodging Shinigami's slash.

Mar 16, 2009 4:37 PM

Dec 2008
Great episode! Do you guys think that the Kishin will get his Death Scythe next episode?
Mar 16, 2009 8:44 PM

Aug 2008
Hmm, not a bad episode...though I really am surprised that it's going to come down to the trio and deus ex to beat Asura, because I just don't see how they would naturally defeat someone who killed Arachae and ate her soul that quickly. Not even the black blood seems strong enough.

And I thought Demon Hunter was something that only Maka and her mother could do? What's the point of it being so special if Death has "Demon God Hunter?"

Oh wells, home stretch we go!
Mar 16, 2009 9:25 PM

Feb 2009
noteDhero said:
And I thought Demon Hunter was something that only Maka and her mother could do? What's the point of it being so special if Death has "Demon God Hunter?"

That's what I was thinking as well. The strongest attack out there and yet he still towers over them because after all, he is Shinigami. -Sigh-
Mar 16, 2009 11:15 PM

Jan 2008
The past of Asura was pretty interesting. He really is just insanely evil. The fight wasn't as epic as i hoped, but they seemed to focus more on the philosophy babel which i suppose is to show the thought process of Asura. Oh well, still a good episode. Arachne's death was pretty cool too. i hope all this build up is worth it for the final showdown.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Darkreaper70 - May 5, 2008

132 by Dylwaves »»
Jun 5, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zvuc - Apr 7, 2008

273 by Kkkkkkazu »»
Jun 2, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cbkh915 - Mar 30, 2009

615 by krelbiet »»
May 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Darkreaper70 - Jun 2, 2008

145 by WispyUmbra »»
Apr 2, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xLtay - Jul 22, 2008

115 by AnimatedAddict »»
Mar 31, 7:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.