Forum Settings
Forums

Do you think that the excuse "I can't read the subs while watching" is legitimate ?

New
Aug 27, 2013 2:09 AM
May 2013
I think its a copout method for Dub fans to discredit original Japanese version of the show.

And its just infuriating for me to see that this is such a common excuse.

"I prefer dubs because i don't want to read all the time when i watch the show" that's like saying even if the dubbing is terrible i don't want to read.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 27, 2013 2:10 AM

Aug 2011
Only if they're very slow readers.
Aug 27, 2013 2:11 AM

Sep 2012
Vishnu_Karthik said:
I think its a copout method for Dub fans to discredit original Japanese version of the show.

"I prefer dubs because i don't want to read all the time when i watch the show" that's like saying even if the dubbing is terrible i don't want to read.

But DUB>>SUB
Aug 27, 2013 2:11 AM

Nov 2012
For people who claim that i always wonder if they have ever tried to watch a normal subbed movie.
More fool them, they miss out or have to wait years for the useless dub companies to release their inferior crap.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Aug 27, 2013 2:13 AM

Aug 2011
no_good_name said:
For people who claim that i always wonder if they have ever tried to watch a normal subbed movie.
More fool them, they miss out or have to wait years for the useless dub companies to release their inferior crap.

And they miss out on great shows like Chihayafuru that don't have dubs.
Aug 27, 2013 2:14 AM

Nov 2012
mitch3315 said:
no_good_name said:

And they miss out on great shows like Chihayafuru that don't have dubs.

Indeed, many great anime that is not aimed at kids or man children is never dubbed.
Why would you want to deny so much great anime just because you cant read?
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Aug 27, 2013 2:16 AM

Sep 2012
Oh irony because most of you are hypocrite for watching illegal fansubs and yet you have time to complain about inferior quality(?) of dubs.
Aug 27, 2013 2:16 AM

Dec 2012
For a lot of people yea probably it's just a cop out. Although I do know someone who wont watch subs because he legitimately doesn't want to read. I know this because he hates reading in general, he won't read novels or even manga.
Aug 27, 2013 2:17 AM

Aug 2011
2_Steps_Ahead said:
Oh irony because most of you are hypocrite for watching illegal fansubs and yet you have time to complain about inferior quality(?) of dubs.

No one here is complaining about dubs though.
Aug 27, 2013 2:19 AM

Sep 2012
mitch3315 said:
2_Steps_Ahead said:

No one here is complaining about dubs though.

Oh yeah.
no_good_name said:
they miss out or have to wait years for the useless dub companies to release their inferior crap.
Aug 27, 2013 2:21 AM

Nov 2012
2_Steps_Ahead said:

The funny thing is that the illegal fansubs are for the most part better quality then the official dubs.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Aug 27, 2013 2:23 AM

Aug 2008
Vishnu_Karthik said:

Copout? People saying that "anime must be made in Japan". THAT's a copout.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Aug 27, 2013 2:24 AM

Dec 2012
It can be the case sometimes, some people just can't read as fast as others.

Nov 2012
KyuuAL said:
Vishnu_Karthik said:

...and people saying that RWBY is an anime is a copout as well.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。

Aug 2008
no_good_name said:
KyuuAL said:
Vishnu_Karthik said:

...and people saying that RWBY is an anime is a copout as well.

Get out of your denial, boy.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Aug 27, 2013 2:27 AM
May 2013
2_Steps_Ahead said:
Vishnu_Karthik said:

But DUB>>SUB
HA ha yeah that's like saying if i copy/past your quote in goggle translate and call it

Your statement <<<<< google translate

How do you feel now ?
KyuuAL said:
You're coping out right now.
Aug 27, 2013 2:28 AM

Mar 2012
I don't care. It's personal preference.

Mod edit: removed unnecessary part
koleareAug 27, 2013 4:10 AM
Aug 27, 2013 2:29 AM

Sep 2012
no_good_name said:
2_Steps_Ahead said:

The funny thing is that the illegal fansubs are for the most part better quality then the official dubs.

That simply means you are one of those hypocrites or morons who watch anime illegaly and yet complain about dub companies making dub while completly ignoring the fact profit the original producers get from them.That money is also a important part of anime industry for making more anime but then again its useless to say anything to you because can't comprehend this anyway.
Aug 27, 2013 2:30 AM
May 2013
SaberKurisu said:
A stellar argument indeed.

No wonder why you people can't even read.

koleareAug 27, 2013 4:10 AM
Aug 27, 2013 2:30 AM

Apr 2013
I can't fap without subs! sub>>dub
The Heart
Signature Background Created By Tite Kubo
All right reserved

Aug 27, 2013 2:35 AM

Nov 2012
2_Steps_Ahead said:
no_good_name said:
2_Steps_Ahead said:

That simply means you are one of those hypocrites or morons who watch anime illegaly and yet complain about dub companies making dub while completly ignoring the fact profit the original producers get from them.That money is also a important part of anime industry for making more anime but then again its useless to say anything to you because can't comprehend this anyway.

I bet the anime industry get more money in the pocket from me buying anime merchandise then they get from you watching anime for free on tv or buying dvds.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Aug 27, 2013 2:36 AM

Mar 2012
Vishnu_Karthik said:
SaberKurisu said:
A stellar argument indeed.

No wonder why you people can't even read.
Good job jumping to conclusions, but I generally watch subs. I'm just one of those special little snowflakes who frankly doesn't care how someone watches their Chinese cartoons.

koleareAug 27, 2013 4:09 AM
Aug 27, 2013 2:37 AM

Dec 2012
2_Steps_Ahead said:
no_good_name said:
2_Steps_Ahead said:

That simply means you are one of those hypocrites or morons who watch anime illegally and yet complain about dub companies making dub while completely ignoring the fact profit the original producers get from them.That money is also a important part of anime industry for making more anime but then again its useless to say anything to you because can't comprehend this anyway.

What does all that have to do with the quality of the content in the end in terms of how much you enjoyed it? there are more than one ways to contribute to the industry like buying merchandise or donating money for example :P
ObjurgoAug 27, 2013 2:44 AM
Aug 27, 2013 2:37 AM
May 2013
2_Steps_Ahead said:

Sh!tty dubbing is still sh!tty legal or illegal.

koleareAug 27, 2013 4:08 AM
Aug 27, 2013 2:51 AM

Sep 2012
Vishnu_Karthik said:
2_Steps_Ahead said:
Vishnu_Karthik said:

But DUB>>SUB
HA ha yeah that's like saying if i copy/past your quote in goggle translate and call it

Your statement <<<<< google translate

How do you feel now ?

Except my statement is raw and don't need fansub(and google translate is subbing rather than dubbing for your little knowledge).How do you know kid that subs are always right?I still remember the code geass fansub where suzaku was stating after capturing a fish "now I am going to please myself with it" lol pathetic.Do not forget Eclipse fansub for their "PEOPLE DIE WHEN THEY ARE KILLED"
Vishnu_Karthik said:
2_Steps_Ahead said:

Sh!tty dubbing is still sh!tty legal or illegal.

You are Simply showing your ignorance by this statement but Its not like I expected any better from you anyway.
SaberKurisu said:
Good job jumping to conclusions, but I generally watch subs. I'm just one of those special little snowflakes who frankly doesn't care how someone watches their Chinese cartoons.
Well if you call me a fuckwit what should i make out of that reply ? Simple you are one illiterate person who can't read or be reasoned with like a civilized human being.

Except you are not a civilized human being for simply calling someone illiterate just because you can't comprehend it.
Aug 27, 2013 2:55 AM

Nov 2012
2_Steps_Ahead are you trying to claim that dubs are accurate?
Dont make me laugh...oh wait, too late.

Most dubs are inaccurate and their subs are also the same.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Aug 27, 2013 2:59 AM

Sep 2012
And lol at topic name
>Do you think that the excuse "I can't read the subs while watching" is legitimate ?

Talking about legitimate while most of the subs are fanmade and illegal anyway.You are the one who doing illegal things.
Aug 27, 2013 3:01 AM

Nov 2012
2_Steps_Ahead said:
And lol at topic name
>Do you think that the excuse "I can't read the subs while watching" is legitimate ?

Talking about legitimate while most of the subs are fanmade and illegal anyway.You are the one who doing illegal things.

Are you now trying to claim that you're superior to people who watch subs just because you watch the "official" dubs?
Get off your high-horse.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Aug 27, 2013 3:02 AM

Sep 2012
no_good_name said:

Show me the statement where I said dubs are accurate.Lets stick to topic on "How you are illegal for not watching illegal subs."
Aug 27, 2013 3:05 AM

Nov 2012
2_Steps_Ahead said:
no_good_name said:

Show me the statement where I said dubs are accurate.Lets stick to topic on "How you are illegal for not watching illegal subs."

But you were trying to discredit subs for being inaccurate when dubs do the same thing (usually far worse)
The thread topic is not "How you are illegal for not watching illegal subs." so i have no idea what you're trying to prove.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Aug 27, 2013 3:07 AM

Mar 2012
no_good_name said:

Actually, I find the worst dubs to come out these days are usually the ones that stick way too close to the original.
Aug 27, 2013 3:09 AM

Nov 2012
SaberKurisu said:
no_good_name said:

Actually, I find the worst dubs to come out these days are usually the ones that stick way too close to the original.

You know what they say about opinions.....
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Aug 27, 2013 3:10 AM

Sep 2012
no_good_name said:
2_Steps_Ahead said:
And lol at topic name

Are you now trying to claim that you're superior to people who watch subs just because you watch the "official" dubs?
Get off your high-horse.

Stop assuming things out of your head.I never complained or made thread about why you watch fansub.Its op who started with "Its illegal to say that I don't like sub because of reading."

How this is illegal reason?I simply stated a fact that most fansubs are illegal which is true to T.
Aug 27, 2013 3:14 AM

Nov 2012
2_Steps_Ahead said:
no_good_name said:
2_Steps_Ahead said:
And lol at topic name

Get off your high-horse.

Stop assuming things out of your head.I never complained or made thread about why you watch fansub.Its op who started with "Its illegal to say that I don't like sub because of reading."

How this is illegal reason?I simply stated a fact that most fansubs are illegal which is true to T.

Have you gone retarded?
Where did OP say "Its illegal to say that I don't like sub because of reading."

I dont even know what the hell you're on about anymore, are you drunk?
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Aug 27, 2013 3:16 AM

Aug 2013
It's a shit excuse. I've heard better ones.
Aug 27, 2013 3:21 AM

Sep 2012
no_good_name said:
2_Steps_Ahead said:
no_good_name said:

But you were trying to discredit subs for being inaccurate when dubs do the same thing (usually far worse)
The thread topic is not "How you are illegal for not watching illegal subs." so i have no idea what you're trying to prove.

I discredit op google translate sentence using how subs are also inaccurate.Read carefully his sentences like "Legal or illegal Shitty dub is shitty" clearly showing his mentality of subs always better than dubs.
And I know this thread is about how not watching sub for a reason "I don't like to read is illegal?"REALLY?Someone is illegal for his/her reason.So my earlier statement about illegal fansub was more of a mockery.
Aug 27, 2013 3:25 AM

Aug 2013
2_Steps_Ahead said:

fansubs

not watching anime

Pick one.

edit: Oh and to anyone who says dubs are superior: Gantz.
Aug 27, 2013 3:25 AM

Sep 2012
I personally see it as an excuse. even if an individual can't read the subs initially it doesn't really take too long to pick them up, after watching 2-3 series in sub they will inevitably be able to read the subs even in a basic sense. If they do have some sort of problem with reading then the reason is obviously valid, but i highly doubt that everyone who says this has a reading problem.

If someone just wants to watch dub i don't see a reason for making excuses, they can just come out and say "I don't really like sub". It's their own personal preference.
Aug 27, 2013 3:26 AM

Nov 2012
And I know this thread is about how not watching sub for a reason "I don't like to read is illegal?"REALLY?Someone is illegal for his/her reason.So my earlier statement about illegal fansub was more of a mockery.

Where are you getting this whole "read is illegal" shit from?
What you are posting is utter nonsense and its making you look really stupid.

Most dubs are pretty lousy, changing entire sentences and dropping jokes etc, i think the only reason people like dubs is because they are just too lazy to read.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Aug 27, 2013 3:28 AM

Sep 2012
umbralogix said:
2_Steps_Ahead said:

fansubs

not watching anime

Pick one.

How about Raw?
Aug 27, 2013 3:31 AM

Nov 2012
2_Steps_Ahead said:
umbralogix said:
2_Steps_Ahead said:

fansubs

not watching anime

Pick one.

How about Raw?

Yeah because we all understand japanese, quit dreaming.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Aug 27, 2013 3:34 AM

Aug 2013
2_Steps_Ahead said:
umbralogix said:
2_Steps_Ahead said:

fansubs

not watching anime

Pick one.

How about Raw?

I would love to watch it raw too, but unfortunately my Japanese is horrible. I'd wager so is yours.

Don't fault the consumer for the industries lack of motivation to provide some sort of distribution source for anime.
Aug 27, 2013 3:41 AM

Oct 2012
Katsumi96 said:

If someone just wants to watch dub i don't see a reason for making excuses, they can just come out and say "I don't really like sub". It's their own personal preference.

Basically this.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Aug 27, 2013 3:44 AM

Sep 2012
no_good_name said:

Where are you getting this whole "read is illegal" shit from?
What you are posting is utter nonsense and its making you look really stupid.

Are you talking about yourself while spouting BS?I simply loved how you ignored op shitty dub is shitty point.

I said and will say again in one sentence "How someone giving a reason that he/she doesn't like reading so no sub for them is not legit??"

Do you know their mindset?
Do you know that may be they are just avoiding you for more nonsense about dub vs sub?
NO.So how.

i think the only reason people like dubs is because they are just too lazy to read.

Yeah people watched and loved Cowboy Bebop dub just because they were lazy.
Inferno_CopAug 27, 2013 3:48 AM
Aug 27, 2013 3:47 AM

Sep 2012
no_good_name said:
2_Steps_Ahead said:
umbralogix said:
2_Steps_Ahead said:

fansubs

not watching anime

Pick one.

How about Raw?

How low your IQ is for not understanding a simple joke?
Aug 27, 2013 3:48 AM
May 2013
2_Steps_Ahead said:

and google translate is subbing rather than dubbing for your little knowledge
Except it isn't google translate is actually more accurate than dubbing :D
How do you know kid that subs are always right?
because if i know a certain language and then i can translate it into English without bullshitting the original script like dubbers do of course you can expect some grammatical errors but its still better than completely revamped script editing.
AGOLXAug 29, 2015 11:12 AM
Aug 27, 2013 3:50 AM

Nov 2012
You've now changed what you said to "legit", yet before you were claiming that op had said that not reading subs was illegal, i'll ask again: are you drunk or just stupid?

Most of the dubs out there are inferior to the subbed versions, the english VA pool is tiny and i for a fact got sick to death of the same handful of english VA's voicing every single character.

Theres also the fact that most of the good anime out there is never dubbed and the ones that are are months if not years behind japans releases.

2_Steps_Ahead said:
no_good_name said:
2_Steps_Ahead said:
umbralogix said:
2_Steps_Ahead said:

fansubs

not watching anime

Pick one.

How about Raw?

How low your IQ is for not understanding a simple joke?

If that was your idea of a joke then i think you are the one with the low IQ.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Aug 27, 2013 3:51 AM

Sep 2012
Itermin8rX said:
Katsumi96 said:

Basically this.

And even though dub haters will come out blaming you for not watching sub.
Aug 27, 2013 3:52 AM

Dec 2012
2_Steps_Ahead said:
Itermin8rX said:
Katsumi96 said:

Basically this.

And even though dub haters will come out blaming you for not watching sub.

To be fair, you're the one who initiated an argument. Now it seems that you're being backed into a corner.
Aug 27, 2013 3:55 AM

Oct 2012
Make your own fansub group then OP if you're "oh so good' at Japanese. I dare you.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is there a website like MAL but for western cartoons?

Deadaccount2974 - Feb 5, 2021

8 by LenRea »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you like anime about any sport or sports anime in general?

RobertBobert - 40 minutes ago

8 by Daviljoe193 »»
9 minutes ago

» Does "being an otaku/weeb" still have any meaning in 2024?

thewiru - 2 hours ago

18 by LenRea »»
22 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9400 by appledude1221 »»
28 minutes ago

» If you had to choose, which anime took place at school more?

Jukemania - 6 hours ago

5 by MogKnight »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.