Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 16, 12:37 PM
Jul 2020
obv massive spoilers for ep 22 of s2

I'm currently sobbing while writing this

I don't usually get affected that much from shows or books, so the times where a series manages to really touch me are all the more devastating for me. From not knowing anything about MT before it aired back in 2021, to it being the highlight of my week every time it's airing, this show has absolutely become my favourite series of all time. In fact, I think I wouldn't be the person I am right now without it. Although it hasn't made me made a big change and suddnely start doing things the right way, the fact these 3 years (which for me were when I was 15-18) really helped me grow as a more dignified person.

Although there's alot of powerful and impactful episodes, I still think my favourite is the Paul and Rudy reuinion in the tavern back in episode 17 of S1. Nothing crazy happens, just a heartfelt conversation between a father and his son, but I still can't watch that episode without atleast tearing up. Though he might be scum at times, I still freaking love Paul. So seeing him sacrifice everything for Zenith and Rudy and at the end giving up his life for it just fucking broke me I cant I went to tell my father that I love him but I just broke down and even now even whem Im writing this with tears in my eyes I cant calm down/

I fuckin love this series, I dont care what anyone says, nothing else will probably ever top this

Im sorry the rambling, I just had to kinda get this off my chest in some way

I really hope people who dropped this give it another chance, at this point this doesn't feel like some adventure, it really does feel like I am witnessing the entire life of a person. I love Mushoku tensei

tho i fuckin hate it at times because of how much it hurts me and I FUCKIN HATE THAT THIS AIRED ON FATHERS DAY
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 16, 12:59 PM
Sep 2022
MyNameSans said:

I don't usually get affected that much from shows or books, so the times where a series manages to really touch me are all the more devastating for me. From not knowing anything about MT before it aired back in 2021, to it being the highlight of my week every time it's airing, this show has absolutely become my favourite series of all time. In fact, I think I wouldn't be the person I am right now without it. Although it hasn't made me made a big change and suddnely start doing things the right way, the fact these 3 years (which for me were when I was 15-18) really helped me grow as a more dignified person.

Although there's alot of powerful and impactful episodes, I still think my favourite is the Paul and Rudy reuinion in the tavern back in episode 17 of S1. Nothing crazy happens, just a heartfelt conversation between a father and his son, but I still can't watch that episode without atleast tearing up. Though he might be scum at times, I still freaking love Paul. So seeing him sacrifice everything for Zenith and Rudy and at the end giving up his life for it just fucking broke me I cant I went to tell my father that I love him but I just broke down and even now even whem Im writing this with tears in my eyes I cant calm down/

I fuckin love this series, I dont care what anyone says, nothing else will probably ever top this

I really hope people who dropped this give it another chance, at this point this doesn't feel like some adventure, it really does feel like I am witnessing the entire life of a person. I love Mushoku tensei

tho i fuckin hate it at times because of how much it hurts me and I FUCKIN HATE THAT THIS AIRED ON FATHERS DAY

Yes king, this anime is really good I enjoy it a lot too but damn that so fk heartbreaking…

Each time I need to watch the new episode I’m scared to watch it lmao but dang it this show is insane
Jun 16, 12:59 PM
Oct 2016
I am broken as well :/
Jun 16, 1:02 PM

Nov 2021
first time a side character's death made me this emotional ;(
Jun 16, 1:05 PM

Sep 2016
MyNameSans said:
I FUCKIN HATE THAT THIS AIRED ON FATHERS DAY

I bet they planned this all along to make the show even more controversial than it already is.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jun 16, 1:05 PM
Jun 2024
This was an amazing episode. I was not prepared honestly. Not many shows out that connect and truly convey such visceral emotions like Mushoku Tensei!!

This episode truly made me tear up. Mannnn!!
Jun 16, 1:09 PM
Dec 2023
I've read the ln and knew what was coming but man. Shit hit real hard watching it.
Jun 16, 1:14 PM
Dec 2021
MyNameSans said:

I was speechless fr
Jun 16, 1:15 PM
Mar 2021
When I read this part, it hurt a lot. I get it completely.
Jun 16, 1:35 PM
Apr 2023
Such a good episode
Jun 16, 1:36 PM

Jul 2017
It's the reason why Volume 12 is one of my favorite books I've read, as well as this being my favorite of Mushoku Tensei (although there are more hype ones and more beloved ones to still come). Such an emotional rollercoaster reading it and the stuff from today's episode impacted me so much with the books too. But goddamn the anime did a great job with its version in today's episode in portraying the emotions from the books. Paul's not perfect whatsoever and it is okay for people to still dislike him for what he's done in the past, but as a character, he is so great and one of the best from this series. And as a father, while he is not perfect again, he protected Norn during his mentally worst times while still trying to have her be alright, he protected Rudeus and he rescued his wife after years of depression and struggle for 6+ years. Even at the cost of his life. He showed growth as a character while still being Paul Greyrat to a tee and the action from this week's episode showed his determination to do whatever he can in highly desperate and dangerous times without fear. God his character is so damn good, regardless of how he can be viewed ethically.

Bind were truly evil and so great for having this episode this day though. And for Sylphie being a mother on Mother's Day in real life. In a way, Mushoku Tensei could not have picked a better 'season' to air this cour.
Jun 16, 1:37 PM
May 2023
I can see why people hated the episode on the poll but god damn was it a good one ✋🏻😭
Jun 16, 1:41 PM
Oct 2020
I already knew it was gonna happen, but it still hit me like a ton of bricks. To watch it actually happen made me shed more than just a few tears.
Jun 16, 1:49 PM
Jul 2015
I can say I mostly feel the same.

Having read the novels I was very anxious for the last couple of episodes and Studio Bind did not disappoint. This was very emotional. Beautifully done.

Fuck the mindless haters. This is peak anime.
Jun 16, 2:10 PM
Aug 2023
The thought of this episode releasing on Father’s Day is unsettling, I know. But I’d say Paul’s actions resemble what the holiday is about. He charged in, putting his life at risk to rescue Zenith and then Rudeus. Though he loses his life afterwards, he smiles knowing the rest if his family would be safe. There isn’t a better day than Father’s Day this episode could’ve released!
Jun 16, 2:14 PM
Feb 2021
I wasn't affected much by Paul dying tbh, but he was definitely starting to grow on me this season. It was more the overall intensity of the entire episode that hit me. For me, the best episode of the series so far, and it's not close.
Jun 16, 2:38 PM
Jun 2021
on father's day is crazy but I felt like I could have handled it better if it was like a stab wound and they couldn't save him but being cut in half splat on a wall upside down was foul 💀
Jun 16, 2:49 PM

Dec 2020
Fr man. Sacrificin' his life to save his son on a journey to rescue his wife...what a man you're Paul, you have my utmost respect. He'll be always remembered.

They really planned on releasing it on Father's Day. Successful of makin' hundreds and thousands fans feel excruciating pain
GeoXsf9Jun 16, 2:53 PM
Jun 16, 2:51 PM

Jul 2017
Reply to GeoXsf9
Fr man. Sacrificin' his life to save his son on a journey to rescue his wife...what a man you're Paul, you have my utmost respect. He'll be always remembered.

They really planned on releasing it on Father's Day. Successful of makin' hundreds and thousands fans feel excruciating pain
@GeoXsf9 I legit called my dad after the episode lol, I took no chances after how this episode left me by the end on Father's Day like you mentioned.
Jun 16, 2:57 PM

Dec 2020
animejas said:
@GeoXsf9 I legit called my dad after the episode lol, I took no chances after how this episode left me by the end on Father's Day like you mentioned.

W man. My dad's currently asleep in the next room. Well whatever I don't feel even an ounce of desire to wish him. The relationship between me and my dad has worsened over the recent years and especially this month. Wish I also had a loving dad.
Jun 16, 3:02 PM
Jul 2016
MyNameSans said:

This was very heartbreaking and believe me there are many more heartbreaking events to come. The LN had me balling through multiple parts.
Jun 16, 3:04 PM
Jun 2021
paul said: nah i'd win
Jun 16, 3:13 PM
Aug 2019
When Rudy called for Paul and he didn’t respond, I’m not sure I’ve ever felt a sickness in my stomach like that in 20 years of watching anime. Then to top it off Zenith has a fucking baby brain and Rudy is missing and arm. I think I have to read the light novels after this season. I held off as long as I could, but I love this fucking series. I’m like a drug fiend trying to get his fix for this show 😂
Jun 16, 3:28 PM
Dec 2016
For my first comment on MAL,

This episode was so good to the point I don't know how to describe how I feel
Jun 16, 3:30 PM

Feb 2021
I was just telling my friend right before starting this episode how this show resonates with its unparalleled capability to hit us deeply emotionally, and how there are very far and few, if any, anime series that can do it at this level.

And then I watched this episode…

Goddamn, this really fucking killed me. I felt my eyes getting watery but I held back. I wish I hadn’t. What an episode, so powerful and moving yet so hard to be happy about. Just masterpiece.
Jun 16, 3:46 PM

Aug 2014
The only thing I can think of right now is this..
Jun 16, 3:48 PM
Mar 2020
I feel you guys.

I lost my father back in February and I'm still in disbelief after all this time. I don't even know how he died and honestly, I don't want to. I haven't really grieved either. I've been isolating myself emotionally from everyone around me and focusing solely on my work and other projects. Being productive sorta helps.

That said, as brilliant as this show has been, this episode hit me hard. I knew it was coming, especially given Rudy and Paul's interactions since reuniting, but it still hurts. This airing on Father's Day is the icing on the cake. Don't even get me started on Zenith's condition. That gave me Casca flashbacks.
MRD_CroweJun 16, 3:53 PM
Jun 16, 3:52 PM
Mar 2024
Just an insane episode in general. Except mushoku to skyrocket in poll rankings.
Jun 16, 4:06 PM
May 2019
I read the LN and this still hurt a lot to watch
Jun 16, 4:09 PM
Apr 2024
This shit is absolutly amazing.

This show does such a great job with the side characters that everything is impact full. Pauls death is definitely going to be a turning pois for Rudy, plus his mothers problems with speech and maybe memory.

I cant take this shit man.
Jun 16, 4:11 PM

Dec 2012
GeoXsf9 said:
animejas said:

W man. My dad's currently asleep in the next room. Well whatever I don't feel even an ounce of desire to wish him. The relationship between me and my dad has worsened over the recent years and especially this month. Wish I also had a loving dad.

at least you have one that is still alive. mine died this year and it's still surreal thinking of him, especially with this episode airing. the hollow sadness feels endless. he's just gone forever, missing from my life. Paul did nothing that bad, overall. sure he fucked around but that's not so bad all things considered. his crime was being a stud, he still loved all his family.
Jun 16, 4:21 PM

Dec 2019
Reply to postblitz
GeoXsf9 said:
animejas said:

at least you have one that is still alive. mine died this year and it's still surreal thinking of him, especially with this episode airing. the hollow sadness feels endless. he's just gone forever, missing from my life. Paul did nothing that bad, overall. sure he fucked around but that's not so bad all things considered. his crime was being a stud, he still loved all his family.
@postblitz What got me was the fact that with Rudeus and Paul's relationship, Paul always came out looking like the loser who gets shown up by his son - whether it was with the bullying accusation in season 1 after Rudeus saved Sylphie for the first time, or the cheating situation with Zenith and Lilia or even the situation with Millis with Paul ranting about his son not putting in the effort to save his family despite still being a very young kid. You could always tell that Paul wanted to be a cool dad that his children can look up to and respect but he's done and acted in ways that went against those ambitions. But throughout the journey, we saw how much struggle he went through post-teleportation incident to search for his family and how depressed he got with each day failing to do so, and even here in Begaritt, how much he wanted to show Rudeus his good side by being a cool fighter. He even grinned his ass off the last episode just from Rudeus complimenting him for once.

But through all this his flaws, Paul went out in the most heroic fashion you could imagine. He saved his son and showed off his ultimate cool side in protecting Rudeus in this mission as he showcases how much Rudeus also matters to him. His insane efforts against the hydra ultimately led to his wife being saved, regardless of how she ended up in the closing of the episode. He managed to keep Norn safe and have Norn call Paul her hero after what all he did for her after they both got teleported, even with Paul being depressed and being an alcoholic. Ultimately, Paul showcased that he might not be a great human being but he stepped up big for his family and by the end, he might have not survived but he accomplished his ultimate goal - to reunite the family together and have everyone else be alive and safe. It's why despite being a casanova and flawed in a lot of ways, still was an amazing character and there are aspects about his determination that people can respect and admire with his growth. By the end, he really got to look cool af.
Jun 16, 4:23 PM
Dec 2020
i was already spoiled beforehand but this episode was honestly amazing. might be my favorite anime episode now
Jun 16, 4:27 PM

Jul 2017
Reply to Pillsbury_Uchiha
i was already spoiled beforehand but this episode was honestly amazing. might be my favorite anime episode now
@Pillsbury_Uchiha I've seen some really good episodes over the last couple years but this is definitely one of my favorite anime episodes of all time. The fact that on a Sunday, I legit could only think of this episode and didn't bother really doing much else besides reflecting on it shows how special it is to me already. Can't wait for the other two episodes after. Even the fact that I nearly threw up with emotions and stress from this is something else.
Jun 16, 4:51 PM
Jun 2021
I want to say those same words especially after this episode

Although I can't imagine how Rudy would change after this event, because he will have to become a father figure for his whole family to protect them! That will surely take a lot of mental toll on him and he might even collapse with all this responsibility over his shoulders....... Rudy's character now feels even more personal somehow
Jun 16, 4:57 PM

May 2008
I think we're all broken. I'm still crying. This shit sucks so much.

Jun 16, 5:08 PM
Oct 2020
I read the light novel, and re-read this exact chapter once Paul died, and it still breaks my heart, even when watching the anime I started tearing up. The last minute of them traveling back up and seeing that zenith is in the current state, studio bind did turning point 3 justice.
Jun 16, 5:15 PM
Aug 2019
TBH, I was very shocked when Paul died, not that I cried, But, really shocked. To think that they got the guts to air this episode in Father's Day is really something.

But, yes. Paul's death was really heartbreaking and brutal. At least, he died knowing that Rudy is safe. He'll be missed.
Jun 16, 5:32 PM
Apr 2021
That whole scene wrecked me, I was never a big fan of Paul’s character but it being Father’s Day and losing my dad recently-it had me sobbing.
Jun 16, 5:44 PM
Dec 2019
I lost my father last year so for them to air this on Father’s Day is downright disgusting. Paul was a great character and was definitely the role model I’d want to have, obviously more so the season 2 part 2 Paul, I saw this coming cause it was spoiled for me but for a second we were good since it didn’t even look like he was offed but we got ace’d minus the donut if that make sense, my eyes widened because even though I was spoiled no one told me how he died. Or that Rudy’s would pick yo his ashes asftee they cremated him. This made me hella sad and then his mother! Yup I’ve seen enough. This was too much.
Jun 16, 5:50 PM

Apr 2022
it's not too bad for me until we consider zenith's state.
Jun 16, 6:00 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to SenshadouOtaku
I can see why people hated the episode on the poll but god damn was it a good one ✋🏻😭
SenshadouOtaku said:

Almost every episode of the cour got a hundred 1's from bots after the poll opened.
Jun 16, 6:39 PM
Apr 2021
He Was A Great Father. May Paul Greyrat Rest In Peace.
Jun 16, 7:12 PM
Jan 2024
That was so painful.. what a great god damn episode
Jun 16, 7:21 PM
May 2023
Yaggamy said:
SenshadouOtaku said:

Almost every episode of the cour got a hundred 1's from bots after the poll opened.

Yeah but in talking about 1-2 hours after the poll was released
Jun 16, 7:50 PM
Apr 2024
K but like, why start a whole new thread discussing the latest episode when there's already a thread dedicated to it?

I get you wanting to be seen and heard, since your comment would've probably been buried in the main thread, but this just comes off as desperate for attention.
Average MAL user's media literacy:
Marinate1016 said:
Not reading allat cause I don’t care. Tensura peak. Have a good one tho
Jun 16, 8:35 PM

Apr 2019
Bruh, this episode was so good, I don't get all the hate on Paul, bro was trying to save his family this wghole time, he loved them and truly cared for them. I noticed people saying he wasn't a good husband nor a good father but to me i don't think he was that bad, I really liked his character, that whole teleportation incident had Paul broken down, he was only with his Norn and did everything in the best of his capabilities to raise and take care of her while searching for the rest of his family and helping other victims of that mass teleportation event. I know he had been butting heads with Rudeus on numerous occasions and people say he's a bad father mostly because of those occasions but you gotta understand, he's just a person as well, he makes mistakes. When Paul finally found Zenith, it got his blood boiling not being able to think straight and just rushed into battle. If it wasn't for their tactical retreat, they all would've died there, the hydra was like a raid boss, it kept on regenerating too but after they all talked about a plan on how to stop it, it seems that Rudeus was the one who was not focused which ultimately cost an arm and his father's life, Paul save Rudeus twice during that final fight with that hydra, it's like he lost his composure and when he did get it back, it was already too late.

Anyways Happy Father's Day!
Jun 16, 8:59 PM

Aug 2017
What a sad father's day.

I knew it was coming but it still hit like a trainwreck. Words cannot describe how devastating Paul's death was. A part of me died witnessing his body cut in half and smiling for the last time. Paul really was a great father to the end. He saved both Rudeus and Zenith. He has my utmost respect.

Don't even get me started on Zenith's memory loss. It gave me Casca flashbacks. Watching this episode felt like losing both of your father and mother.

Jun 16, 9:28 PM

Jan 2021
I also got spoiled, but it still hit like a truck. Even more so when accounting for Zenith.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Jun 16, 9:55 PM
Sep 2020
Without giving any spoilers, is it safe to say this was the Turning Point climax? or are there more surprises to be had
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ArimaKana - Jun 23

306 by Ba-Cii10 »»
3 minutes ago

» Mushoku Tensei is never dodging the allegations ( 1 2 3 )

notrod - Jun 23

102 by Gabu-sama »»
11 minutes ago

» How is the season so far?

YUNGFRENDI408 - Jun 23

24 by Gabu-sama »»
14 minutes ago

» What this fan of the show has an issue with.(Episdoe 11 spoilers) ( 1 2 )

MasterHavik - Jun 24

50 by Gabu-sama »»
16 minutes ago

» Everything is morally wrong in Mushoku Tensei S2 Eps 11 ( 1 2 )

Rango17 - Yesterday

86 by Keitzo_ »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.