Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 23, 6:33 PM

Jun 2021
IT'S PEAK, EVERYTHING LOOKS GREAT, I'M HYPED

They kinda spoiled a lot ngl, but most of it is just fights without context so it's probably fine. Animation looks totally fine, art quality looks good, sound effects were great. I don't know enough japanese to know if they made any annoucements on episode count or studio. Release date October though.

Here's a badly google translated version of the text at the end of the PV

Original
work by Tappei Nagatsuki
Character design:
Shinichiro Otsuka
(MF Bunko J "Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World"/KADOKAWAN
Director
Masahiro Shinohara
Scenario supervision:
Tappei Nagatsuki
Series composition
Masahiro Yokotani
Character design/chief animation director
Monster Design
Keitaro Chiba
Haruka Sagawa
Prop design Goichi
Iwahata
Noritaka Suzuki
Art setting
Kaoru Aoki
Art Director:
Kinoshita Kaoru
(Meifeng)
【Meifeng)
Color design
Izumi Sakamoto
Director of photography
Miori Miyagi
3D director Kazuhei
Tanaka
edit
Hitomi Sudo

(T2studio)
(FelixFilm)
Music
Kenichiro Suehiro
Music production
KADOKAWA
Sound director
Hitoshi Akedagawa
Sound effects
Yuji Furuya

sound production
magic capsule
(Swara Pro)
Animation production
WHITE FOX

make
Official
website re-zero-anime.jp
Re:Zero − Starting Life in Another World 3 Production Committee
©Tappei Nagatsuki, published by KADOKAWA Co., Ltd./Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Production Committee
FormulaX
mohamedo_abuduruMar 23, 6:56 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 23, 6:43 PM

Jun 2021
All the people saying White Fox can't handle Season 3 animation are quiet now...
I like apple pie. I also like gaming. Man's two greatest inventions.

Mar 23, 6:44 PM
Apr 2022
where did you watch it ? cant find it
Mar 23, 6:45 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to ApplePieHunter
All the people saying White Fox can't handle Season 3 animation are quiet now...
@ApplePieHunter To be fair it's very possible there's a studio collab
Mar 23, 6:46 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to bluemunty
where did you watch it ? cant find it
@bluemunty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gou_DXtNzaE about 15 minutes in
Mar 23, 6:53 PM

Jan 2019
There is so much to discuss but thank god Capella and Lilliana is censored.

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Mar 23, 6:54 PM
Dec 2022
Oh fuck yea!!! It was peak, so fuckin' peak. I enjoyed it. Re:PEAK is coming back.
Mar 23, 7:07 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to Okeanix
There is so much to discuss but thank god Capella and Lilliana is censored.
@Okeanix I wouldn't really say censored, they basically just gave them sports bras, but i guess liliana is wearing actual pants now so i suppose you're somewhat right
Mar 23, 7:11 PM

Sep 2020
Tomokazu Seki in a good replacement for Al and can’t wait to hear him in the role!

I’m so happy, the trailer looks so good
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 7:15 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to mohamedo_abuduru
@Okeanix I wouldn't really say censored, they basically just gave them sports bras, but i guess liliana is wearing actual pants now so i suppose you're somewhat right
@mohamedo_abuduru in before someone complains that they preferred their lolis having 2mm-wide bras and underwear

Aside from that, I thought the faces looked off at many points. Maybe it is just the change in design, but it gave me a worse impression than I thought

We'll see after the first episode airs, anyways
pain
Mar 23, 7:23 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to Erikillo
@mohamedo_abuduru in before someone complains that they preferred their lolis having 2mm-wide bras and underwear

Aside from that, I thought the faces looked off at many points. Maybe it is just the change in design, but it gave me a worse impression than I thought

@Erikillo bro i just got flashbange looking at your profile, YOU seem like the type to complain about their lolis not having 2mm wide bras and underwear. can you give any examples of their faces looking off? I'm pretty sure it's just because they've changed the artstyle slightly to look more like season 1, but with a more modern aesthetic
Mar 23, 7:30 PM
Mar 2018
Here's the official link to the trailer directly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS1zsxreqvw

@mohamedo_abuduru I thought the art style looked pretty unusual (compared to previous seasons) in this shot of Subaru near the start, for example
Mar 23, 7:37 PM

Apr 2021
New character designer is Haruka Sagawa, she was responsible for the designs of Call of The Night.
Mar 23, 7:42 PM
Apr 2014
@Erikillo bro i just got flashbange looking at your profile, YOU seem like the type to complain about their lolis not having 2mm wide bras and underwear. can you give any examples of their faces looking off? I'm pretty sure it's just because they've changed the artstyle slightly to look more like season 1, but with a more modern aesthetic
@mohamedo_abuduru modern aesthetic is the most unappealing of every anime art style so its natural to be grating to the eyes of some, granted I thought it at least retained enough of the old artstyle to not look offensive personally. Is always a shame to hear something was censored though. It is funny because I am certain that that design is going to make roughly the same amount of people upset as the original design, so I'm not sure why they went with a halfhearted change like that.
Mar 23, 7:42 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to sucralose_
Here's the official link to the trailer directly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS1zsxreqvw

@mohamedo_abuduru I thought the art style looked pretty unusual (compared to previous seasons) in this shot of Subaru near the start, for example
@sucralose_ That shot looks pretty similar to much of season 1 to me, just a bit more rounded I think, they made his eyes wider and less tall
Mar 23, 7:46 PM
Nov 2020
YEAAAAA LET'S FREAKING GOOO WE ARE SO BACK!
Mar 23, 7:48 PM
Jan 2021
Reply to Erikillo

@Erikillo It's a new CD. She's KyoAni and did Call of the Night. They look off because they're new :)
Mar 23, 7:52 PM
best $30 i spent

Oct 2023
It's suffering time baby
Mar 23, 7:55 PM
Apr 2021
We lost a wonderful director, I'm really sad, I also can't believe the character designer changed, some people don't know this, but the designer of Re:zero was the illustrator of Light Novel.
Mar 23, 7:58 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to Erikillo

@Erikillo I'm the type to complain that lolis don't have 2mm wide underwear.
Mar 23, 7:59 PM
May 2019
They will adapt arcs 5 and 6 ? is those the best arcs in light novel ?
Mar 23, 8:02 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to Oongbuh
New character designer is Haruka Sagawa, she was responsible for the designs of Call of The Night.
@Oongbuh That makes sense, I can definitely see similarities.
Mar 23, 8:02 PM

Jan 2019
Reply to 1000-MAT
We lost a wonderful director, I'm really sad, I also can't believe the character designer changed, some people don't know this, but the designer of Re:zero was the illustrator of Light Novel.
@1000-MAT He was fraud. I mean character designer not the director.

Mar 23, 8:04 PM

Jan 2019
Reply to Skizo10
They will adapt arcs 5 and 6 ? is those the best arcs in light novel ?
@Skizo10 Yes, Arc 5 is not best arc in novels (not even Top3) but it will be probably best arc in the anime before Arc 6 because novel and anime medium is completely different.

Mar 23, 8:13 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to velvetnyan
@mohamedo_abuduru modern aesthetic is the most unappealing of every anime art style so its natural to be grating to the eyes of some, granted I thought it at least retained enough of the old artstyle to not look offensive personally. Is always a shame to hear something was censored though. It is funny because I am certain that that design is going to make roughly the same amount of people upset as the original design, so I'm not sure why they went with a halfhearted change like that.
@velvetnyan "modern aesthetic is the most unappealing of every anime art style" is just your opinion. When I say "more modern" I just mean that they've added stronger shading, colors, gradient in some shots. Most of it looks basically the same. The rest of the change is just because there's a new character designer. They basically just made it look better imo. I definitely wouldn't say the new design is going to make the same amount of people upset, we went from this to this lol
Mar 23, 8:13 PM

Jul 2010
Peak incoming, boys and girls. Alright trailer, I expected a little bit more hype (previous trailer was very mysterious and omnious with amazing music) but I mean, it's Re Zero, so you know it's going to be great anyway. Can't wait for the October
Mar 23, 8:18 PM

Aug 2018
It looks really really nice, I want more
Mar 23, 8:21 PM
Apr 2021
Okeanix said:

???
how was he a fraud creating so many beautiful designs?
Mar 23, 8:32 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to 1000-MAT
Okeanix said:

???
how was he a fraud creating so many beautiful designs?
@1000-MAT someone has clearly hijacked okeanix's account, i never thought we would see a day where he didn't glaze tf out of every aspect of rezero possible in the most annoying way imaginable
Mar 23, 8:54 PM

Mar 2021
sucralose_ said:

Yep!! I too think there is a change in the art style compared to the previous seasons. They look more simpler now!! And the color scheme is also different compared to the previous seasons.

Edit: Nvm!! The CD has changed. That totally makes sense now.
Mar 23, 9:06 PM
Sep 2023
Feel like the trailer spoiled too much as someone who read through the LN's. Wish it was a bit more vague, I want to get people intrigued not spoiled!
Mar 23, 9:20 PM
Apr 2014
@velvetnyan "modern aesthetic is the most unappealing of every anime art style" is just your opinion. When I say "more modern" I just mean that they've added stronger shading, colors, gradient in some shots. Most of it looks basically the same. The rest of the change is just because there's a new character designer. They basically just made it look better imo. I definitely wouldn't say the new design is going to make the same amount of people upset, we went from this to this lol
@mohamedo_abuduru I would figure the average person isn't going to think changing a bikini to a sports bra/spats is enough of a change, and now people who liked the original design will be upset as well, especially because the parts that were originally transparent just look straight up strange now. Scuffed character design tbh.
Also no, modern art style is garbage and reeks of plastic, my stance on that is quite firm. You are free to call it an opinion, but its the art style every budget anime uses for a reason. I'll still watch most of them and enjoy them in the end but I won't ever say it looks good against a show that uses virtually any of the other anime art styles that have been used in the past. However like I said though I didn't think it changed enough here anyways to be offensively bad, the characters still mostly look like themselves AND feel like they are part of the world, something a lot of budget anime has been failing at recently where its almost like they are dolls being held up against a background, I just hope they manage to still create the detailed expressions the first 2 seasons had at critical moments and I'll be satisfied.
I guess I just wish the first thing I had seen about the good news wasn't people running to the forums to immediately saying "thank god they censored it." It sort of soured my initial happiness from watching the PV. I think I just need to get off social media perhaps, it feels like its just the same thing over and over, I miss when the internet wasn't just people spamming their moral opinions at each other. It isn't fun any more.
Mar 23, 9:21 PM
Apr 2014
Reply to QuoteMAL
Feel like the trailer spoiled too much as someone who read through the LN's. Wish it was a bit more vague, I want to get people intrigued not spoiled!
@QuoteMAL If it makes you feel better, as someone who has not read the light novel I have no idea what anything in the trailer meant.
Mar 23, 9:55 PM
Feb 2021
i love it can't wait for it to start airing.
Mar 23, 10:01 PM
Aug 2022
Wow they casually just dropped the whole season in a trailer 😂
Mar 23, 10:31 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to velvetnyan
@mohamedo_abuduru I would figure the average person isn't going to think changing a bikini to a sports bra/spats is enough of a change, and now people who liked the original design will be upset as well, especially because the parts that were originally transparent just look straight up strange now. Scuffed character design tbh.
Also no, modern art style is garbage and reeks of plastic, my stance on that is quite firm. You are free to call it an opinion, but its the art style every budget anime uses for a reason. I'll still watch most of them and enjoy them in the end but I won't ever say it looks good against a show that uses virtually any of the other anime art styles that have been used in the past. However like I said though I didn't think it changed enough here anyways to be offensively bad, the characters still mostly look like themselves AND feel like they are part of the world, something a lot of budget anime has been failing at recently where its almost like they are dolls being held up against a background, I just hope they manage to still create the detailed expressions the first 2 seasons had at critical moments and I'll be satisfied.
I guess I just wish the first thing I had seen about the good news wasn't people running to the forums to immediately saying "thank god they censored it." It sort of soured my initial happiness from watching the PV. I think I just need to get off social media perhaps, it feels like its just the same thing over and over, I miss when the internet wasn't just people spamming their moral opinions at each other. It isn't fun any more.
@velvetnyan I guess I'm just not sure what you mean by "modern art style" if you're talking about the glowy synthetic style that every shitty isekai nowadays uses then I agree that it looks slightly revolting, but shows that actually have some effort put into them like Frieren or Heavenly Delusion look amazing. Heavenly Delusion is definitely a modern art style, but it's pure eye candy. I would never say that some random show from the 90s looks better just because of the art style. Can you give me an example of what you mean by "other anime art styles that have been used in the past"?
I agree that people praising how they've censored the designs are annoying though, like how hard is it to not care? I see so many people complain about the revealing character designs of novel characters and I don't really understand the problem, especially in novel format where it's so removed from being distracting in any way
Mar 23, 10:56 PM
Aug 2021
IT LOOKS FUCKING BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! LADIES AND GENTS PEAK IS HERE PEAK IS HERE
Mar 23, 10:57 PM
Aug 2021
Phantom_373 said:
Wow they casually just dropped the whole season in a trailer 😂

Whaaaaat they didn’t show THE best fights of the whole arc in that trailer!!!! But my guess is with the lack of news or promotion that there has been, they had to let the people EAT a little
Mar 23, 11:04 PM

Apr 2022

(character limit)
Mar 23, 11:06 PM
Apr 2014
@velvetnyan I guess I'm just not sure what you mean by "modern art style" if you're talking about the glowy synthetic style that every shitty isekai nowadays uses then I agree that it looks slightly revolting, but shows that actually have some effort put into them like Frieren or Heavenly Delusion look amazing. Heavenly Delusion is definitely a modern art style, but it's pure eye candy. I would never say that some random show from the 90s looks better just because of the art style. Can you give me an example of what you mean by "other anime art styles that have been used in the past"?
I agree that people praising how they've censored the designs are annoying though, like how hard is it to not care? I see so many people complain about the revealing character designs of novel characters and I don't really understand the problem, especially in novel format where it's so removed from being distracting in any way
@mohamedo_abuduru Yes when I refer to modern art style that is what I mean, since it is the most prevalent. But yes I looked at the trailers for the shows you mentioned and they look good(I'll watch Frieren soon if I can catch up on the shows I want to catch up on before Spring season starts), like they have their own art style, I didn't mean to say all modern anime has bad art, but that the typical baseline art style for low to medium budget shows is really unappealing, and its not just isekai but also a lot of SOL shows that use it as well.
As for shows with art styles I think are better than the plastic style? Literally all, including anything from texhnolyze to clannad to revolutionary girl utena to oshi no ko as a modern example, but truly just anything that doesn't look repulsive as you said, which is pretty much any show pre 2018 with some exceptions. Maybe a few entirely cg shows would look worse, but sorry I didn't mean to say that any modern art made is bad, just the singular style you can see used in like 10-15 shows every season now.
Mar 24, 2:12 AM
Feb 2021
any idea about the episode count?
Mar 24, 11:30 AM
Sep 2017
Reply to velvetnyan
@mohamedo_abuduru Yes when I refer to modern art style that is what I mean, since it is the most prevalent. But yes I looked at the trailers for the shows you mentioned and they look good(I'll watch Frieren soon if I can catch up on the shows I want to catch up on before Spring season starts), like they have their own art style, I didn't mean to say all modern anime has bad art, but that the typical baseline art style for low to medium budget shows is really unappealing, and its not just isekai but also a lot of SOL shows that use it as well.
As for shows with art styles I think are better than the plastic style? Literally all, including anything from texhnolyze to clannad to revolutionary girl utena to oshi no ko as a modern example, but truly just anything that doesn't look repulsive as you said, which is pretty much any show pre 2018 with some exceptions. Maybe a few entirely cg shows would look worse, but sorry I didn't mean to say that any modern art made is bad, just the singular style you can see used in like 10-15 shows every season now.
@velvetnyan I agree with the "mean eyes" take. Other than that I think that all characters look more childish and have slightly fatter faces.
I prefer the previous character designer.
Mar 24, 12:10 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to velvetnyan
velvetnyan said:
Also the reason Subaru looks so off in the shots above is because he is missing the "mean eyes" they look very gentle and kind. IDK if it is supposed to be like that, but I know the mean eyes were important to his character so I'm not sure if that was a good choice?

Yeah, every character feels too "squishy" in contrast to the sharper and more serious tone the prior seasons had.
Although, this arc is more action-focused and less depression-like, so maybe it was the right choice?

I just can't imagine the darker events in the Pleiades watchtower with this style.

Hoping to be proved wrong
pain
Mar 24, 2:32 PM

May 2010
I can't wait for s3! 🖤💜🖤💜
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Mar 27, 11:27 AM

Mar 2024
I'm hyped!
Heard good things about source material for 3rd season, hope its well adapted!
Mar 27, 9:59 PM
Jul 2022
God daym they seriously gave Emilia a chest buff…
Mar 28, 8:49 AM

Apr 2015
The art, color and the animation feels quite cheap honestly. I hope they deliver on other aspects.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 8:59 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to CG-Silver
The art, color and the animation feels quite cheap honestly. I hope they deliver on other aspects.
@CG-Silver WDYM? It's far better better than first two seasons, specificially season 2.

Mar 28, 9:04 AM

Apr 2015
Reply to Okeanix
@CG-Silver WDYM? It's far better better than first two seasons, specificially season 2.
@Okeanix

Cour 1 of season 1 and season 2 was animated very decently. But Re;Zero has always had relatively poor composition and art work. This could be initial impressions, but the production quality looks a little above second half of season 1, and that is a little discouraging coming from a PV.
Mar 29, 3:13 AM

Aug 2020
Reply to CG-Silver
CG-Silver said:

Someone gets it, fight scenes and animation are not everything about "woaaah look at this bro, it looks so fluid". Looks too bland
pain
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Censored Anime Designs ( 1 2 )

AcceleratorAngel - Mar 23

73 by DoomsMark »»
May 28, 10:46 AM

» What is the reason you're (still) watching Re:Zero? ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Mar 27

73 by StyxParadise »»
May 18, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Should I reread this specific future arc?

literallyeurope - May 9

4 by PyGno_ »»
May 10, 2:02 AM

» When will re-zero season 3 come out

Nyanpasuu666 - Jan 13

41 by DepravedEntmt »»
May 8, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Do you think Rem's situation is natural part of the story or...

Shizuna - Apr 28

34 by Suka-7777-Suka »»
May 8, 12:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.