Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 20, 2023 6:04 PM
Feb 2017
Season 2 of Re:Zero was a real doozie. It had a plethora of issues from its writing, focus on characters that don’t matter, cringe dialogue, bloated dialogue, and loaded exposition. Who actually cares about Emilia? Doesn’t matter if she’s “well written” if her character is as intriguing as CARDBOARD. Not to mention Subaru is still a crybaby loser.

What are things you find flawed about this series?
MegaStrideApr 20, 2023 6:16 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 20, 2023 6:13 PM
Jan 2022
Too much PTSD for our mc
Apr 20, 2023 6:17 PM
Jun 2021
rem wasn't there with Subaru and that made him lose hope many times
Apr 20, 2023 6:22 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah Season 2 was a flawed adaptation for sure. I remember keeping up with the TranslationChicken webnovel releases and man that was so fire. Definitely felt underwhelming when the actual anime came out.
Other than that I do have a big gripe with Tappei's character habits. Specifically in some later arcs there is just way too many 'loli-like' characters for me to take the story seriously.
I also think the other characters aren't all that interesting, imo Subaru is the driving force for the entire show and is the only character that I feel actually has had development.
That's not to say I dislike Re:Zero, it's in my favourites after all, but it definitely has issues.
Apr 20, 2023 6:24 PM
May 2022
MegaStride said:
Season 2 of Re:Zero was a real doozie. It had a plethora of issues from its writing, focus on characters that don’t matter, cringe dialogue, bloated dialogue, and loaded exposition. Who actually cares about Emilia? Doesn’t matter if she’s “well written” if her character is as intriguing as CARDBOARD. Not to mention Subaru is still a crybaby loser.

Hey question for you, if you died 100 million times and see everyone you know die 100 million times would you cry? Bc that’s the stuff Suburu goes through bc ig the author hates him idk. Everything else was good although could’ve gone more in-depth with some stuff.
Apr 20, 2023 6:31 PM
Jan 2022
MegaStride said:

Yeah I liked season 1 more
Apr 20, 2023 6:32 PM
Jan 2020
I thought season two was better that's just me and none of the side characters felt irrelevant. I loved Garfeil, Otto, Emilia, and Ram. Roswaal was such an interesting character. The only one I didn't like was prob the pink haired loli I forgot her name, she was kind of confusing to me. Subaru became one of my favorite protagonists after this season as well. I also really liked the backstory given to Emilia and Betelgeuse. Sure it was slower, but I think that's what made it better as well. Season three will probably be more like season one from what I'm guessing, which is not a problem at all but I will miss what season two had. Hopefully we see more Rem.
As Long as the Sun, the moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be alright.
Apr 20, 2023 7:13 PM
May 2022
Easy. EMILIA thats all she is sooo annoying I wish rem is coming back she have to fight for Subaru
Apr 20, 2023 7:15 PM
Jun 2020
Close to the majority of the main cast members' motivations are just them being a simp for someone else lol

Show is great but it does not handle any romance well
Apr 20, 2023 7:34 PM
Jun 2020
MegaStride said:

I personally don’t think season 2 could be better written than it was, season 2 part 2 is the very reason it will never leave my top tens, maybe you’re referring to the slow pacing of season 1, but that was world building. Also Emilia’s existence is the most important factor of rezero, it would be wrong to not care about her, if you’re mind is smart enough you can put 2 and 2 together and figure out why season 2 was a masterpiece, rezero is not an anime for those who can’t figure out mysteries, the anime as a whole is a giant mystery series. You’re supposed to think beyond what you see
Apr 20, 2023 7:36 PM
Apr 2022
MegaStride said:

Rem not existing is my only problem with it lmao
Apr 20, 2023 7:36 PM
Jun 2020
CaffeinatedRoman said:
Close to the majority of the main cast members' motivations are just them being a simp for someone else lol

It’s not supposed to do romance well, reasons and will is important as everyone has left struggling alone, naturally love heals because that’s realistic but the point of the series is the whole thing is a mystery, it’s not supposed to be your usual romance because everyone has too much on their mind to really give it, but they at least have someone they are willing to push through the nightmares for.
Apr 20, 2023 7:50 PM
Dec 2018
skyrunnertempest said:
CaffeinatedRoman said:

It’s not supposed to do romance well, reasons and will is important as everyone has left struggling alone, naturally love heals because that’s realistic but the point of the series is the whole thing is a mystery, it’s not supposed to be your usual romance because everyone has too much on their mind to really give it, but they at least have someone they are willing to push through the nightmares for.

Almost every romantic relationship in this show is x character loves x and would die for them/ go crazy for them.

ex, Subaru for Emilia, Puck for Emilia, Ram for Roswall, Roswall for echidna, Felix for Crusch, Rem for Subaru, Garfield for Ram, Petelgeuse for the witch of envy, the witch of envy for Subaru, Beatrice for Her mother then Subaru. Even Petra for Subaru to an extent.

Individually these relationships work to varying extents but it's hard to ignore literally every romantic pairing boiling down to the same fundamental rule. Just wish there was variance.
Apr 20, 2023 7:55 PM

Mar 2013
Dislike? yeah, I dislike it because it needs more seasons so I can properly enjoy it but the adaptation should be smooth like the previous ones.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 20, 2023 8:10 PM
Jun 2020
BigDaddyTuesday said:
skyrunnertempest said:

Almost every romantic relationship in this show is x character loves x and would die for them/ go crazy for them.

ex, Subaru for Emilia, Puck for Emilia, Ram for Roswall, Roswall for echidna, Felix for Crusch, Rem for Subaru, Garfield for Ram, Petelgeuse for the witch of envy, the witch of envy for Subaru, Beatrice for Her mother then Subaru. Even Petra for Subaru to an extent.

Individually these relationships work to varying extents but it's hard to ignore literally every romantic pairing boiling down to the same fundamental rule. Just wish there was variance.

There’s one more for this and that’s Emilia for Subaru, sure it’s not your traditional romance and you can’t ignore it (romance is my favorite genre) but the pairings exist for long term end goal while giving them a reason to push on with death around every corner. Later in the series will come heart break and decisions, as Rem has been rejected as well as Ram, due to the fact Subaru has a destiny and Roswaal’s family line is all the same person even the females, the memories are handed down as a continuation so he forever goes for the one who gave him will and life. Beatrice has a spirit contract with Subaru as his sidekick so that one is understandable, since he’s that person for her, it’s not romantic though. Otto and Subaru for each other (non romantic) as well as Shauna and she wants to be his sidekick and partner in crime. All have valid reasons, the end goal with this pairings will happen in the future but for now they are sources of will power.
Apr 20, 2023 8:10 PM
Jan 2021
I dont like that its not finished and that I won't get to see how the story goes for a while. thats about it
Apr 20, 2023 8:24 PM

Apr 2022
I care abt remilia.
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Apr 20, 2023 10:01 PM
Oct 2020
Rem sucks, Emilia is alright but still very annoying, ram might be the only decent female character in the whole show
Apr 20, 2023 11:10 PM
Feb 2023
My only gripe with it is that sometimes the LN changes WN stuff for the worse, and its the LN that gets adapted. Also, I absolutely hate how much stuff was cut out from the anime due to time constraints. Such a thing should've been ignored for a dialogue heavy anime like this.
Apr 20, 2023 11:24 PM
Jan 2023
CrunchyCrobat said:
Rem sucks, Emilia is alright but still very annoying, ram might be the only decent female character in the whole show

That one thief girl from season 1 has upside
Apr 20, 2023 11:33 PM
Jan 2023
The only thing I didn’t like in this entire show was just how difficult to watch that one six-episode stretch in season 1 was. And maybe too much time on Beatrice backstory in season 2 since she’s kind of boring. Other than that I think this show is about as good as it gets.
Apr 21, 2023 12:48 AM
May 2021
except season 1....every season was a big flaw
Apr 21, 2023 1:30 AM

Dec 2021
The entire series itself is a discombobulated farrago

It's a travesty of tragic, a gallimaufry of rancid Isekai sewer awash the with most egregious and rebarbative characters, the power system is extremely jejune and infantile, Antagonists are so banal that even MHA appears sublime in comparison; the maudlin tragedy is shoehorned into this tacky facile plot
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Apr 21, 2023 4:17 AM
Jul 2020
Faxtual_Ghoul said:

It's a travesty of tragic, a gallimaufry of rancid Isekai sewer awash the with most egregious and rebarbative characters, the power system is extremely jejune and infantile, Antagonists are so banal that even MHA appears sublime in comparison; the maudlin tragedy is shoehorned into this tacky facile plot

Your rating system is shit along with the fact that you’re trying to use complex language to seem smart. You talk shit on a show you’ve “dropped” yet watched all the episodes on. Good job troll. Bravo, nothing you’ve watched went over a 6 while scrolling through your Mal anime. Didn’t check manga because a majority of actual good manga hasn’t been adapted or fully so what’s the point?
Apr 21, 2023 4:24 AM
Jul 2020
iGotIceInMyRice said:
Faxtual_Ghoul said:

Your rating system is shit along with the fact that you’re trying to use complex language to seem smart. You talk shit on a show you’ve “dropped” yet watched all the episodes on. Good job troll. Bravo, nothing you’ve watched went over a 6 while scrolling through your Mal anime. Didn’t check manga because a majority of actual good manga hasn’t been adapted or fully so what’s the point?

Ok never mind I’m the dumb ass because you sorted “garbage” in dropped even when you finished it instead of just giving it a rating, and keeping it in complete like a normal person but that’s your way of sorting. Then your favorites in on hold. So you’re telling me Sonny Boy, like yeah it was good but confusing as shit, so tell me every single detail fully explained. It just seems like you’re trying to be philosophical and all of that but you just come off as someone who is trying so hard to be intellectual about “writing”. At of all the good you’ve watched, there is one that you gave a lower score than March comes in like lion and that’s Houseki no Kuni. Maybe the anime didn’t adapt enough, I don’t remember enough but the overall story is far better.
Apr 21, 2023 6:21 AM

Dec 2021
iGotIceInMyRice said:
Ok never mind I’m the dumb ass because you sorted “garbage” in dropped even when you finished it instead of just giving it a rating, and keeping it in complete like a normal person but that’s your way of sorting. Then your favorites in on hold. So you’re telling me Sonny Boy, like yeah it was good but confusing as shit, so tell me every single detail fully explained. It just seems like you’re trying to be philosophical and all of that but you just come off as someone who is trying so hard to be intellectual about “writing”. At of all the good you’ve watched, there is one that you gave a lower score than March comes in like lion and that’s Houseki no Kuni. Maybe the anime didn’t adapt enough, I don’t remember enough but the overall story is far better.
When it comes to both favourites and shit in my list, rapt value is also taken into account (All the Anime in On-Hold are equal)

There is no reason for you to be assailed by my idiosyncratic modus operandi of discerning things
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Apr 21, 2023 7:05 AM
Sep 2021
the thing that i didn't like about re zero was the fact that it took more than 4 years to bring back season 3
Apr 21, 2023 2:16 PM

Apr 2022
I honestly dont have any problems
Apr 21, 2023 5:36 PM
Jan 2023
No rem at s2 and i hate it
Apr 21, 2023 5:41 PM
Mar 2020
I think i already saw this thread before, u could've easily brought ur remarks there,so every show is prone to flaws but im patient enough for the story to come full circle.
Apr 21, 2023 6:41 PM
Apr 2021
Subaru and Emilia ship. I don't know why, I just don't like it lol
Apr 21, 2023 11:07 PM
Sep 2016
Hmmmmmmm.
Liliana and Shaula's designs.
Liliana in general to be frank.
Apr 23, 2023 1:19 PM

Mar 2020
anything post arc 6
Apr 24, 2023 2:13 AM

Jan 2019
DorianPompa said:
anything post arc 6
Too early to say because there will be Arc 9,10,11 and 12 in the future. Only 3 chapter released for Arc 8 aswell.
G.O.A.T Twitter Account: https://x.com/Okeanix1
Apr 24, 2023 7:48 AM

Mar 2020
Okeanix said:
DorianPompa said:
anything post arc 6
Too early to say because there will be Arc 9,10,11 and 12 in the future. Only 3 chapter released for Arc 8 aswell.

fair, then I reformulate as arc 7 vol 28-30 specifically
Apr 24, 2023 8:42 AM

Jan 2019
DorianPompa said:
Okeanix said:

fair, then I reformulate as arc 7 vol 28-30 specifically
I think Arc 9-12 will be good as Arc 6 or even better. Arc 7+8 was unplanned arcs.
Apr 24, 2023 8:50 AM

Oct 2021
The diehard fans, Subaru, Rem, Priscilla, Petelgeuse, Garfiel, actually most characters, animation, S1.
Apr 24, 2023 9:44 AM

Dec 2020
EggoGBones said:
I thought season two was better that's just me and none of the side characters felt irrelevant. I loved Garfeil, Otto, Emilia, and Ram. Roswaal was such an interesting character. The only one I didn't like was prob the pink haired loli I forgot her name, she was kind of confusing to me. Subaru became one of my favorite protagonists after this season as well. I also really liked the backstory given to Emilia and Betelgeuse. Sure it was slower, but I think that's what made it better as well. Season three will probably be more like season one from what I'm guessing, which is not a problem at all but I will miss what season two had. Hopefully we see more Rem.
arc 5 is like arc 3 and arc 6 is kinda like arc 4.
Apr 26, 2023 11:34 AM
Nov 2016
I don't like the comedy in Re:Zero that much, it's not horrible like Demon Slayer or FMAB, they have the worst comedies around, but the comedy in Re:Zero does get me cringing sometimes too.

Sometimes I chuckle at the comedy, and other times I cringe.
Apr 26, 2023 1:49 PM

Dec 2020
xZabuzax said:
I don't like the comedy in Re:Zero that much, it's not horrible like Demon Slayer or FMAB, they have the worst comedies around, but the comedy in Re:Zero does get me cringing sometimes too.

I think a lot of Subaru's comedy is supposed to be cringeworthy.  Parent and Child kind of showed why.
Apr 26, 2023 2:08 PM
Nov 2016
vaedeer said:
xZabuzax said:

I think a lot of Subaru's comedy is supposed to be cringeworthy.  Parent and Child kind of showed why.

You're probably right, I rather watch animes with little to no comedy in them though since I prefer dark, mature & serious animes. I dislike anime with crappy comedy so if they have crappy comedy like Demon Slayer and FMAB, I rather have those anime with no comedy at all.

But if the comedy is awesome like One Punch Man (S1) or Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu then hell yeah, I don't mind the comedy at all. I also loved the comedy in Chainsaw Man, those are my types of comedies.
Apr 27, 2023 2:20 AM

Feb 2016
the dialogue can be insanely cringy at times. probably the worst thing about this franchise.
EA
Apr 27, 2023 5:19 PM

Apr 2015
Subaru. (Character limit, literally)
Apr 28, 2023 8:30 AM

Jan 2019
99protagonist said:
the dialogue can be insanely cringy at times. probably the worst thing about this franchise.
Bad translation, Japanese as a language has 10x more depth than English.
Apr 28, 2023 9:53 AM

Feb 2016
Okeanix said:
99protagonist said:
Bad translation, Japanese as a language has 10x more depth than English.
i don't think that's the sole reason but i'll admit that it probably makes it worse yea
EA
May 9, 2023 4:24 AM
Aug 2012
MegaStride said:

Nothing, the series is a masterpiece. People that think it ain't the best are fooling themselves
May 18, 2023 10:04 AM

Jul 2021
not a single damn thing or maybe how it takes so much time in releasing sequels.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 13, 2023 8:36 AM

Nov 2019
season 2 was a flawed adaptation, but in almost in every way, better than season 1
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jul 15, 2023 5:39 AM
Jun 2021
Only one thing and it's the gap between seasons
Oct 1, 2023 12:58 PM

Mar 2022
Reply to BigDaddyTuesday
skyrunnertempest said:
CaffeinatedRoman said:

@BigDaddyTuesday puck and emilia, felix and crusch, beatrice and subaru are not romantic relationships at all wtf
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» There will be a Season 3 Part 2 / Season 4. ( 1 2 )

Okeanix - Sep 6

50 by Profat »»
Yesterday, 11:57 AM

» Subaru's mom is the Witch of Envy (Crazy Fan Theory)

CautiousShadow - Sep 12

22 by QcDiablo »»
Sep 20, 7:22 AM

Poll: » About FAL "Fantasy Anime League" Fall 2024

AbhinavAnge - Sep 16

14 by iGotIceInMyRice »»
Sep 19, 6:52 PM

Poll: » Novel readers, do you hate Liliana?

0451 - Sep 16

11 by Okeanix »»
Sep 18, 1:34 PM

» What is the reason you're (still) watching Re:Zero? ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Mar 27

97 by WataryAndrian »»
Sep 18, 10:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.