Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 21, 2023 7:52 PM

Jan 2021
This anime was so overhyped in 2020 and now everyone just hates on it. I suppose its cringe but that's kind of the comedy and charm of it you know? At least the premise of this harem is original and interesting. Sure the pacing is trash but the anime cuts out fluff anyway. This isn't one of my favorites by any means but its so over-hated nowadays when there's much worse out there.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 21, 2023 7:59 PM
Apr 2021
Peoples taste and mindset changed mate.Nobody tolerates cucks now.Also that excitement at 2020 was mainly about female character’s introduction and charm.
Jan 21, 2023 8:03 PM
Oct 2022
Over rated ? Nah bro sumi is nice
Jan 21, 2023 8:06 PM
Jun 2021
fenris_demiurgos said:
Agree with you man
Jan 21, 2023 8:16 PM
Jan 2017
I think most of the hate comes from the manga. Apparently it was going really well in terms of character development and then just took a nosedive back into degeneracy.. though I do agree with them to some extent I also feel like the hate is too much. The show is still quite enjoyable and the manga had a good 160ish chapters before the fall..
Jan 21, 2023 8:25 PM

Jan 2021
DayDream_Dog said:
I think most of the hate comes from the manga. Apparently it was going really well in terms of character development and then just took a nosedive back into degeneracy.. though I do agree with them to some extent I also feel like the hate is too much. The show is still quite enjoyable and the manga had a good 160ish chapters before the fall..
Very true, the manga has made some...questionable choices in the writing 
Jan 21, 2023 8:33 PM
Jul 2022
The hate started coming from manga readers. I mean in 2020 there wasn't any hate. People liked the show, everything was good. But just as the S2 got announced, it started getting hate out of nowhere. The reason is, manga readers knew what this series is gonna be like. They just started spreading hate and other people also got mixed in with them. I mean, I understand the reason for the hate. I'm also a manga reader. But I really do think that the series is getting overhated.
Jan 21, 2023 8:46 PM

Feb 2021
Rent a Girlfriend hate has always been so forced
Jan 21, 2023 9:00 PM

Apr 2021
People also hate it because the mangaka seems to be doing this on purpose. You do know about those creepy pictures right? The ones with Chizuru in his room and stuff. Many believe that he's in love with his own creation (Chizuru) and is jealous of Kazuya. That's why he isn't pushing the story forward.
Now that I'm reading my comment, it does sound pretty ridiculous
aktiwkunnJan 24, 2023 9:16 AM
I love Monogatari Series
Jan 21, 2023 9:20 PM
Aug 2022
Season 1 I thought was actually pretty good. Just shit constantly hitting the fan that I couldn’t stop watching. Season 2 was a little worse, but I still had a wild ride with it. However, as someone who has looked at the manga, I can assure you that it does not at all have any ounce of goodness left. Things do not change. Imagine the formula that this show already does but it keeps repeating itself without development for any of the characters.
Jan 21, 2023 9:24 PM
Jun 2019
all you need to know is 217
Jan 21, 2023 9:40 PM
Aug 2021
I think the studio which made season 1 had better directing than season 2. The season 2 was straight up cringe, I couldn't even get past the first episode
Jan 21, 2023 10:03 PM
Mar 2021
fenris_demiurgos said:

Only reason she is nice is cuz there is no reason to hate her unlike everyone else
Jan 21, 2023 10:37 PM

Dec 2012
I've decided to balance out the hatred by unconditionally loving Kanokari no matter what happens. And more than anything, I love it for its sheer talent at making people seethe.
Jan 21, 2023 10:50 PM
Dec 2020
I’m pretty sure the hate is because of the manga. I’m reading it myself and the most recent ~50-60 chapters (over an year of publishing) have been absolute trash.
Literally nothing of note has happened since the movie arc, and the author really doesn’t seem willing to take the plot in any direction, let alone a good direction.
It’s a shame too, the art is excellent but the content is all fluff and there’s been a lot of hate over it.
Jan 21, 2023 11:17 PM
Nov 2020
I actually liked season 1,ngl. So much so I read the manga. It is one of the worst pieces of literature I have ever read. Reading chapters after the movie arc made me want to pull out my hair. The only reason I even kept reading is I was already so far in and figured it HAS to be getting close to the end so at least I could finish it. BUT NO, every chapter is the EXACT same trash over and over for over 60 chapters. When I watched the first season, I thought the mc would change, and it would progress, but literally nothing happens. No characters development at all . After knowing all this, I can't enjoy the show at all, knowing nothing will change.
Jan 21, 2023 11:48 PM
Jun 2021
Fischer77 said:
This anime was so overhyped in 2020 and now everyone just hates on it. I suppose its cringe but that's kind of the comedy and charm of it you know? At least the premise of this harem is original and interesting. Sure the pacing is trash but the anime cuts out fluff anyway. This isn't one of my favorites by any means but its so over-hated nowadays when there's much worse out there.

it is not over hated. If anything, it doesn't get enough hate. all the hate for this series is extremely justified. with how awful of an mc kazuya is, its surprisingit doesnt get more hate. he is probably the reason why this series gets hated on as much as it does. sure, it's a harem, which inherently means it's going to drag its feet to the finish line. that part everyone accepts, what isn't accepted is just how awful kazuya is, this isn't just 'comedy' or 'charm' of the series. it is a genuine negative. also premise, while is original in your eyes, isn't original since you know prostitution has been a thing for quite a few millenia. this series is still overrated, it doesn't deserve anything above a 5 at best
Jan 22, 2023 12:15 AM
Oct 2021
Fischer77 said:

they hate this because social media told them to....Typical NPC's
Jan 22, 2023 1:12 AM
Apr 2020
I have to agree with you bro, the mc is so freaking annoying and pathetic like he has no confidence in himself at all. The manga has 266 chapter and why the hell chizuru and mc are not still together like wtf man, reading manga is so frustrating though. Idk wtf going on author mind.
Jan 22, 2023 1:21 AM
Aug 2022
This is one of those anime that just got boring as time went on. It's sth I notice with every romcom. Starts out good ends up being repetitive trash. Season 2 of this is boring af. And I've been spoiled on the manga already, the fact that Kazuya gets progressively worse does not help either.
Jan 22, 2023 1:27 AM
Jul 2018
It is just that the protag does not have the balls to say anything that he wants to! Come on he is a grown-ass man
Jan 22, 2023 2:45 AM
Jul 2021
quinox01 said:
It is just that the protag does not have the balls to say anything that he wants to! Come on he is a grown-ass man

Yeah fr it's like bro gets some electric shock or something whenever he interacts with a girl lol.
Jan 22, 2023 4:38 AM
Apr 2022
That was never even good what are you talking about...
Jan 22, 2023 4:53 AM
Jan 2021
The thing is, most people hate the manga. But people hear others hating on the manga, and just start hating on the series in general. It seems to have snowballed heavily.
Jan 22, 2023 5:08 AM
Dec 2021
at first it was doing quite well. well recognized as one of trending roms.
But being too nice at the beginning, they tried to stretch it a bit further and ultimately made it a mess. especially that mc.
Now, they're incapable of finding a way to patch things up.

Its hard to imagine of Mizuhara (one of the best waifus) to end up with THAT MC
Jan 22, 2023 5:31 AM
Feb 2021
is a manga problem, season 1 and 2 are very much fine and season 3 is very good, but after that manga is just bad, really really bad
and when the manga readers hate something, the already haters get fueled up and are allowed to hate it more
Jan 22, 2023 5:45 AM
Mar 2022
I watched season 1 but haven’t watched season 2 yet because I didn’t care too much for season 1. Should I watch it?
Jan 22, 2023 6:17 AM
Feb 2020
nah it's underhated, people should hate on this garbage way more
Jan 22, 2023 6:26 AM

Jan 2021
LieutenantPanda8 said:
I watched season 1 but haven’t watched season 2 yet because I didn’t care too much for season 1. Should I watch it?
If you didn't like season 1 u are not going to like s2, considering that s1 is better
Jan 22, 2023 6:45 AM

Sep 2019
This show overstayed its welcome in all honesty . I first watched because of the art style and the girls but it’s just not interesting in all honesty
Jan 22, 2023 8:04 AM
Jul 2018
Oremonogatari said:
The thing is, most people hate the manga. But people hear others hating on the manga, and just start hating on the series in general. It seems to have snowballed heavily.

It was agonizing to watch and complete the second season.
Jan 22, 2023 8:57 AM
May 2021
As a manga reader I think it’s probably the weekly publication. People really started hating it around the paradise arc, which I do agree is the weakest arc in the series. But after reading it one sitting I think, other than ch218 was pretty decent. So yeah, due to the way the story’s written it may feel like a drag reading it weekly.
Jan 22, 2023 1:25 PM
Dec 2022
Not sure if it's a "Harem" anime. but yea the anime is 100X better than the Manga! The manga seems like fckn troll at this point.
My Candies:
Jan 22, 2023 1:34 PM
ProfessionalDumb
Jun 2022
DayDream_Dog said:

I read the entirety of the manga in 2 days to get updated and I can say that the hate was over done. Sure the last big arc was a huge tease and nothing came out of a huge tension and it's going at a crappy rate but it was still somewhat enjoyable. (?) There are worse f*** ups and I think this one wasn't too bad.
My main complaint with the anime is last episode and overall crappy usage of plots in manga. It wasn't utilized well enough.
Jan 22, 2023 1:34 PM
Apr 2022
its good because it is cringe imo. isn't that the whole point of the anime? honestly the second hand embarrassment is so strong
Jan 22, 2023 3:02 PM
Jan 2019
BugsBuggy said:
Peoples taste and mindset changed mate.Nobody tolerates cucks now.Also that excitement at 2020 was mainly about female character’s introduction and charm.

Yep yep

I also believe the more anime you watch, the more you learn and start to look at animes you watched in the past differently. You mature and find certain things don't amuse you anymore.

Like some animes show you how shit other animes are. And once what you thought was brilliant, isn't that great actually.

Besides new animes are always hyped up when they first come out. If that makes sense
Jan 22, 2023 3:20 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Well, that's what the series gets from stretching the story so much and the only interesting thing in the series is "the antagonist"  aka Mami.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 22, 2023 10:46 PM
Apr 2022
it deserves the hate. it's total trash.
Jan 23, 2023 6:49 AM
Dec 2021
people hate it meanwhile I really like how kazuya is hes relatable and the story in general (anime watcher only read a few chapters after S1 though)
Jan 23, 2023 8:30 AM
Dec 2022
Everything was okay except season 2. If the anime had ended in season 1 it would've been alright but the author of the manga stretched it. I honestly find the season 2 of the anime very repetitive and stretched.
Jan 23, 2023 2:13 PM
Aug 2021
Even if people claim to hate this show or the manga the truth is it is EXTREMELY popular both in Japan and overseas so it will just keep getting renewed as long as people are lining up to see it. I’m looking forward to Season 3 because it is going to cover really interesting content and story arcs.
Jan 23, 2023 9:24 PM

Jan 2023
I think it's getting hate because of inconsistent pace
at first it seems like this anime is not too long
just typical harem which will wrap up in 3 seasons at most
but then u read manga and plot development is so slow after movie arc u feel impatient
and u hate it
either keep it slow from start to end
or fast
it can't be inconsistent
it makes us feel impatient and bored
eventual making us hate it

Jan 24, 2023 4:17 AM
Mar 2021
Just the manga readers knowing everything are spreading hate. That's all to it. I haven't read the manga and I did found the 2nd season good. Also it's better not to listen to other's opinion before making your opinion otherwise it will surely influence you.
Jan 24, 2023 9:12 AM
May 2022
aktiwkunn said:
People also hate is because the mangaka seems to be doing this on purpose. You do know about those creepy pictures right? The ones with Chizuru in his room and stuff. Many believe that he's in love with his own creation (Chizuru) and is jealous of Kazuya. That's why he isn't pushing the story forward.
Now that I'm reading my comment, it does sound pretty ridiculous

Bruh

That's the funniest thing I have ever heard
I think he is pushing this for sales..
Jan 25, 2023 1:52 AM
Jan 2019
I enjoyed season 1. The manga just has so much unnecessary shit and that’s why people hate rent a girlfriend. Also the author kinda fucked Ruka over
Jan 25, 2023 1:55 AM

Oct 2021
nah it is still overrated. cant understand how anyone can rate it more than one
Jan 25, 2023 4:06 AM

Sep 2020
It was never overrated. I actually somewhat enjoyed the first season. I never completed the second season, just wasn't feeling it.

𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊. - 𝑅𝑒𝒾 𝒦𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓎𝒶𝓂𝒶

Jan 25, 2023 7:05 AM

Dec 2016
those two are not mutually exclusive, the anime(and manga) suck ass but people hate on it too much instead of just ignoring it

ngl tho, the manga is so incel that it's fun to make fun of it (shit, even get mitochondria look cute(sexy))
im gay
Jan 25, 2023 7:54 AM
Dec 2019
I never even knew that there was much hate for it. Personally I loved it. Sure, some parts didn’t make much sense and character development was lacking ig? But it’s a romantic comedy- idk what people expect
Jan 25, 2023 10:15 AM

Jul 2020
i did enjoy the first two pages of manga then i just dropped it, so much bullshit :v no worth it
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Would you watch a gender swapped Rent-a-Girlfriend?

RedTea33 - Jun 20

28 by ricardopetrere »»
Sep 18, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

343 by SoLocke »»
Sep 18, 5:32 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Usopp8000 - Aug 7, 2020

198 by shyamjizoyo »»
Aug 24, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2020

207 by hsayshello »»
Aug 23, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

298 by ruby_cav »»
Aug 16, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.