Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 18, 2022 10:06 PM

Feb 2018
There has to be a twist. There just has to be. Passione knows that there's going to be something to redeem this show aside from ecchi, which is why they toned it down. I refuse to believe that the guy who wrote Happy Sugar Life and Chaos;Child went on to write the most generic harem in existence.

As for the manga being pure ecchi, I presume it's to throw people off about the shows true intentions, much like with how the cover art went from the girls sitting on a staircase to them just existing.

Theory 1: There's a war between Japan, China, America, Germany, and (the other country I'm forgetting)

Theory 2: MC has amnesia and forgot about the actual important things going on in his life (like maybe the war)

Obviously he couldn't remember the name of his classmate

Theory 3: Yellow haired kid is the mastermind.

When they were in the locker room, he mentioned life needing thrills, so it's possible that he's placing these women into the MCs harem for some malicious reason. With how futuristic this anime is, it's likely going to turn dystopian.

Theory 4: There's a time loop.

Also with the line at the end: "someone once said 'that just like every beginning leads to an ending, every meeting leads to a parting'" something big is coming.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 18, 2022 10:33 PM

Apr 2014
Theory 5: It is some kind of a simulator or an experiment in which the MC joined without noticing or unwillingly participated. He could be like a lab rat as well.
Or plot twist of the plot twist, there is nothing hiding behind. It's just a normal romcom anime. We're thinking too much. 🤣🤣
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 18, 2022 10:57 PM
Dec 2021
AkeZZZ said:
Theory 5: It is some kind of a simulator or an experiment in which the MC joined without noticing or unwillingly participated. He could be like a lab rat as well.
Or plot twist of the plot twist, there is nothing hiding behind. It's just a normal romcom anime. We're thinking too much. 🤣🤣

i like this theory, Einstein would be proud
Oct 18, 2022 11:04 PM

Jul 2015
I'm pretty sure aliens will invade out of fkin nowhere, one of the girls will turn into a spaceship, MC will ride her and together they will fly to destroy alien homeworld.

Oct 19, 2022 10:25 AM
May 2020
I think he’s trapped in a visual novel of some type of game. And the dogs/ people in suits/ trash collector robot are trying to get rid of the girls like anti ai or something.
Oct 19, 2022 10:57 AM

Feb 2020
the thing is chaos child is written by Science Adventure guys (Chiyomaru Shikura, Naotaka Hayashi and Eiji Umehara) and happy sugar life is written by Tomiyaki Kagisora.

It doesn't makes sense u are connecting it to Nobuyoshi Nagayama.
Nobuyoshi Nagayama is guy who has directed pure comedy show (Uramichi Oniisan) to shonen fashion (Runway de Waratte). Also the script is written by Ryo YASUMOTO (who credited for script and Scenario Supervision of 6 episodes of steins gate 0). Also the same guy who wrote Steins;Gate: Motto Hiyoku Renri no Sweets Honey manga (which is spin off romcom version steins gate)...i am not even sure from where u got chaos child. Even the manga is done by Ryuudai Ishizaka who is Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls creator
AdampkOct 19, 2022 11:02 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Oct 19, 2022 11:16 AM
Oct 2022
I will preface my post by saying I've always been a closeter but I finally decided I had to post on this topic, not that anyone probably cares.

The "Twist" is, without a doubt, time travel or time loops or anything involving temporal disruptions.

Let's discuss the first episode. The show starts with the protagonist in a dream-like sequence with a mysterious girl and ends with him seemingly being atomized or digitally deconstructed and waking up. This is a primer for what you should expect from this show, but this alone says very little. The most important clue probably the entire show will ever have is right as he wakes up. Specifically, the position in which he wakes up. It is a reference to Back to the future as Marty wakes up in the exact same position.

It can't be a coincidence or whatever. Remember the director purposely chose to have the scene animated in this way. It is pretty much impossible to coincidentally show this guy sleeping like this without it being some sort of reference. The scene is shown in this way so that the more keen audience members will have an idea what's going on. With this we can be just about certain, perhaps 95% sure, this story involves some disruption of the normal time flow. If you want to be even more certain, I've noticed some other things in the first episode, which others have mentioned as well.

Some other things I could remember: (i probably forgot some more)
The scene with the clock "glitching". Remember this is purposely animated by the creators of the show, it would be imprudent to say "it was nothing".
Fortune teller scene purposely directed to give off a sense of foreboding. Not only that it is foreshadowing that the events will occur, but also seemingly implying there is deeper meaning behind the events occuring. I recommend you to rewatch the short scene and focus on the directing of the scene.
5 girls (including teach) all meet him in ways predicted by fortune on this day. And they are all mysterious transfers. The implication here is they all have some sort of connection to him that will be explored in the future (in the past).
When he goes to his classroom, he seems to have completely forgotten his best friend's name and and his own seat.
The toasted banana is an allusion to Stein's;Gate.

You can turn your brain off and just watch the show, but there is a reason the director chooses these events to be animated. There are events that are out of place, and there must be reasons to explain them. As again, some people have mentioned, the show is very cliche seemingly to the point of being satirical of the generic harem genre that was saturating the industry in the first and even second decade of 2000.

Some people say it'll be like happy sugar life due to the staff, or that it'll be like Madoka just going by vibes or like Gakkoukurashi and end up a post-apocalyptic dystopia.
I won't say anything beyond the time bit because that would be pure speculation. I have some inklings but it will just mostly be opinions. It involves time but beyond that, it may have nothing else or be a dystopia where the rest of the world, besides japan, has been destroyed or involve aliens and the safety of the galaxy. It doesn't need to necessarily be anything else other than some sort of temporal disruptance (specifically, I'd say time loop is likely), but it likely does have some sort of bigger plot. The story seems to be set in the future so it will be disappointing if aspects that accompany this setting aren't present in the "twist" like AI or virtual reality.

I will not be watching the anime or manga beyond the first episode as I find this type of harem cliche anime honestly cringe to the point that I have issues physically watching it. However, I will be waiting for the twist at around episode 6 or 7(to be specific this is the minimum for it to occur be it can occur later).
As most of us probably know, the anime is running currently with its manga; in fact, the manga begun months before the anime. Despite it being an "anime original". This is, in fact, not uncommon and probably done to raise publicity for the show. In fact, there must be people thinking "since there is a manga and it predates the anime, and since no one reading that has mentioned there will be a 'twist', there must be no twist". This is the type of feeling the manga is trying to evoke. However, there was another commenter that has calculated, at the current pace, the anime will overtake the manga at around episode 6. I use this as the basis to say that "the reveal" won't happen until at least episode 6 to prevent the manga from 'spoiling' this anime original. As mentioned, I have a hard time with these types of animes even if I know it is probably done as satire, but I will return in the latter half of the season as I am curious where this show will go from there. I imagine the first half and second half of this anime will be very different.

EDIT: I'm not sure if the images show up properly so I will just link it here; see the similarity between the position of the protagonist and Marty.
https://imgur.com/a/ubpX1lJ
https://imgur.com/a/7CLc6mp

Also I see a lot of people mentioning the staff or authors. I don't like mentioning them because an author or director can create many different works in as many different ways as they want to portray it. I think for the majority of directors, they are not known to be a "niche" and this doesn't really apply. While it is probably true that the handful of creators "known for something" will likely create more content possessing themes and concepts related to that which they are known for, it is still in the realm of speculation instead of being proof.
THETHEORYOFOct 19, 2022 11:28 AM
Oct 19, 2022 12:13 PM

May 2022
I just want to know about Aoi's cute little pink horns coming out of her temples! Are they simply antennae for wireless communication with the AI running the simulation? Or do they double as some sort of erogenous zone or sexual organs?
Oct 19, 2022 3:27 PM

Feb 2018
I'm honored that you made an account to respond to this thread, THETHEORYOF. I definitely think there's some sort of AI or simulation going on here. This brings me to my next theory.

Theory 5: Aoi and Asahi are scientists that created this world of pleasure.

In the opening, there's a single frame with someone who looks like Aoi in a lab coat. It's possible that Aoi and Asahi inserted themselves into a fictional world to escape the real despotic society, but lost their memories in the process. (Also Asahi's "dad" is just Asahi himself)

Right after the shot of Aoi(?) in a lab coat, there appears to be a shot of Karin (with black hair) in a lab coat, so she might be the one who's trying to foil their scheme.

Also there's the obvious thing with the childhood friend and the girl at the beginning of episode 1. As such:

Theory 6: Aoi IS the childhood friend (as shown with her regaining some memory when they were at the shrine in episode 2) and is also the black haired girl from the first shot.

Additionally, in the OP, it cuts from Aoi sitting on the tower, to kid Asahi, to the childhood friend, signifying a correlation.

Theory 7: Aoi is a clone.

This one's a bit unrelated, but there was a shot in the opening where there were multiple Aois and they were all covering their eyes, possibly signifying that she doesn't have a "true" identity and is insecure about it (similar to Rei from Evangelion).

More on this note, eyes seem to be very important, since there was that sequence of menacing looking people with their right eyes glowing and the childhood friend having her eye covered up at the end of the OP.

There's also a good chance there's time travel seeing how the OP has a phone booth with all the girls were making a very serious looking call from (and with a vortex in the background), possibly a reference to Doctor Who. Also they're running in space at one point with a satellite next to them, possibly signifying this becomes very sci-fi at one point.
Oct 19, 2022 3:57 PM
Jun 2021
I think it is all a simulation to an extent, there is like no outside interaction with the main cast, I have yet to see any other characters outside of the school. random things just change like his house layout.

I also think the timeloop is a very valid theory, it is speed running this shit way too fast for it to just be a normal ass harem rom com. maybe like higurashi like time loop, cause in the end purple hair clearly remembered something that didn't happen currently.

all I know is that if passione isn't being full on ecchi they are being serious, this show gives off a weird vibe. it just feels very empty
Oct 19, 2022 9:41 PM

Sep 2014
Piromysl said:
I'm pretty sure aliens will invade out of fkin nowhere, one of the girls will turn into a spaceship, MC will ride her and together they will fly to destroy alien homeworld.

Darling in the franxx already did that lmaooo
A life is a history with no end...it continues to be told by others endless.
We do not own lives, we own histories!
Oct 19, 2022 9:55 PM
Jul 2012
For all these theories, surprised nobody mentioned the brief ending scene in episode 2 with the ai alarm clock thing simply saying quickly, 'Chop, chop.' To me that seems to imply there is some kind of time limitation for this world, maybe the MC has to choose some girl for some reason and each girl represents a different choice or maybe some kind of war? Like if he sides with American girl, America wins, sides with Chinese sensei, China wins, etc. Would be interesting if this was some kind of battle royale where these people willingly or unwillingly entered this simulation where whoever MC picks, their country wins or something. Time travel could be involved as well, again leaning on the assumption of the alarm lock thing implying time is short. Remains to be seen though who in the anime actually knows what's going on if any actually do and if there's any reason and what the purpose is.

Really, really hope there will be some darker payoff here and current anime staff aren't just trolling us and laughing their asses off watching us grasp at straws that don't exist and this really is on the surface the most generic harem shit ever. Would be a different kind of wild if the director was just using this whole thing as some kind of test like "See? I can make the most generic shit ever too, not just dark stuff and it will sell." or something. Just hope we don't have to wait until like the last episode for answers, but we get several more over time, because this anime is pretty fucking cringe right now.
No I don't read manga. Why? Because according to MAL manga readers, all anime is either: too rushed, too slow, anime original, or a terrible adaption. I like to enjoy anime for what it is, anime.
Oct 20, 2022 3:58 AM
Sep 2011
AkeZZZ said:

I'm thinking simulation also,
MC's house was extended.

Sensei appears to be in charge of the simulation, as she's hiding from several people.
Oct 20, 2022 2:11 PM

May 2018
Just a dump of thoughts after watching the 2nd episode and rewatching some scenes of the 1st:

After seeing this in the ED I thought rabbit robot and Aoi might be related. Look at robot's eyelids thingy and Aoi's glasses + small horns (?) on her temples, they're a bit similar, just upside down. Well, not exactly surprising because both of them likely have something to do with the true meaning of this world, be it simulation, VR or something else. Maybe also worth mentioning in that context: might be too much of a stretch to think it means anything but all girls have red color in their design - Mongfa's ribbons, Ilya's and Karin's eyes and Ilya's necktie, Amelia's hair.

There's also a frame in the OP where scenery is split in black and white, rabbit robot and sakura tree are black and running MC and his long-haired childhood friend are white and upside down.

There's also a lot of focus on a radio tower, OP even has a sequence of frames where we see the tower then Aoi sitting on its roof. And MC's photo with a second person missing has the tower in the background.

I also noticed that the ending line "is it okay to snooze the alarm" repeats in both of the currently aired episodes. Might be related to something like this:
Zarial said:
brief ending scene in episode 2 with the ai alarm clock thing simply saying quickly, 'Chop, chop.' To me that seems to imply there is some kind of time limitation for this world

Like, we're slowly moving towards something ominous that will be predated with "alarm". Or maybe the alarm is like a timeloop trigger or something. In the first scene of the first episode the rabbit robot says: It's time to get up, but I could snooze it anyway. Right after MC wakes up in McFly pose and alarm glitches out to another date and time (which is September 12 7:08 btw, what if it's a time limit of sorts, so MC only has 5 months in this manufactured reality to achieve some goal?). The snooze thing sounds normal but it feels a bit weird they're using it as the ending line every time.
While rewatching the scene I also noticed that rabbit said he's got "places to be" which I got literally no clue about for now. Worth mentioning that later when MC runs off to school he notices he has plenty of time left, so the rabbit rushed him for some reasons yet to be revealed.

FutureMeat said:
More on this note, eyes seem to be very important, since there was that sequence of menacing looking people with their right eyes glowing and the childhood friend having her eye covered up at the end of the OP.

Agree. Some more stuff:
- Everyone's eyes are shown in colored lines once again in the ED. Red, blue, green, yellow and then pinkish red for Aoi.
- Before Aoi has a brief flashback at the end of the 2nd episode, camera zooms into her eye.
- OP has a frame where Aoi is covering her eyes.
- ED has a frame with just Aoi's glasses lying somewhere.
Oct 20, 2022 3:57 PM
Oct 2022
I see some familiar takes and some new interesting perspectives. I'll try to share some stuff I noticed that others haven't yet mentioned. My thought is that Aoi is the one responsible for creating this simulation. I'm wondering if Asahi could perhaps be dead, or something regarding poor health. We do see that Aoi had a flashback of Asahi visiting her at the hospital after all. One really clever part in the opening is when Aoi is in The Bedroom by Van Gogh, which symbolizes repose/rest/sleep. It is very safe to assume that the setting is a simulated world given all the details. Maybe this story revolves around Aoi, not Asahi? In another part in the opening, 3:27 in ep 2, you can see that Aoi is directly behind Asahi with only her hair visible. I kid you not when I say that particular moment in the opening gave me chills. Finally, I think there is merit in paying attention to the astrological themes shown.
Oct 20, 2022 6:18 PM
Sep 2022
lmfao you made my day!
Oct 20, 2022 6:33 PM

Dec 2015
Adampk said:
the thing is chaos child is written by Science Adventure guys (Chiyomaru Shikura, Naotaka Hayashi and Eiji Umehara) and happy sugar life is written by Tomiyaki Kagisora.

It doesn't makes sense u are connecting it to Nobuyoshi Nagayama.
Nobuyoshi Nagayama is guy who has directed pure comedy show (Uramichi Oniisan) to shonen fashion (Runway de Waratte). Also the script is written by Ryo YASUMOTO (who credited for script and Scenario Supervision of 6 episodes of steins gate 0). Also the same guy who wrote Steins;Gate: Motto Hiyoku Renri no Sweets Honey manga (which is spin off romcom version steins gate)...i am not even sure from where u got chaos child. Even the manga is done by Ryuudai Ishizaka who is Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls creator

Yasumoto Ryou/Tooru wrote (most of) Chaos;Child and ROBOTICS;NOTES DaSH (also worked on S;G 0).
Here's his VNDB: https://vndb.org/s6155
Tsukumo_YuumaOct 20, 2022 6:43 PM
Oct 21, 2022 12:44 AM

Dec 2010
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
Yasumoto Ryou/Tooru wrote (most of) Chaos;Child and ROBOTICS;NOTES DaSH (also worked on S;G 0).
Here's his VNDB: https://vndb.org/s6155

Some parts of common route (that were mostly slice of life) and several side routes are definitely not equal to most. As I've already said in other thread Umehara Eiji is the one who was the most involved in Chaos;Child. He also most likely was just a sub writer for Dash since Hayashi Naotaka is the one who has written both original Robotics;Notes and Steins;Gate. And let's not forget that original concept/plot for all SciAdv games come from Shikura Chiyomaru.
Chipp12Oct 21, 2022 12:49 AM
Oct 21, 2022 1:48 AM

May 2018
akumaenjeru said:
We do see that Aoi had a flashback of Asahi visiting her at the hospital after all. One really clever part in the opening is when Aoi is in The Bedroom by Van Gogh, which symbolizes repose/rest/sleep. It is very safe to assume that the setting is a simulated world given all the details.

Actually missed that, thanks. I might be dumb because that flashback didn't register as a hospital visit in my mind. I also recognized Van Gogh's style but didn't know the name of the painting.
Don't tell me Aoi is in some freaking coma and what we see is her dying brain hooked to some VR or something...

akumaenjeru said:
Finally, I think there is merit in paying attention to the astrological themes shown.

There might be. According to official website: Asahi AND Aoi are Libra, Amelia AND Yoshio (blonde male friend) are Aries, Ilya is Virgo (lol), Mongfa is Scorpio, Karin is Aquarius.
There seems to be some importance to the 12th (as in date). According to rabbit's thingy in ep 1 it's April 12, the alarm clock briefly glitches out to September 12, and anime started airing on October 12.

Some more interesting info dump from the official website:
- The only kanji that Asahi's name uses literally means "morning". Kanji in Aoi's name are kanji used for "love" and "to live". For Yoshio it's "friend, good relationship" and "male", he's LITERALLY The Male Friend, lol.
- Aoi's profile says she is good at all domestic chores, works as people's mediator and peacemaker due to her mild-mannered character (we've seen that already in MC's house), and also is a bit of jealous person (we're yet to see this). Just Aoi
- Other profiles including MC are just trope dumps and don't hold any new or interesting info, like Amelia is a tsundere, Karin is genki and does modelling etc. Except Yoshio. He's called "self-proclaimed best friend" of Asahi. His profile says he knows a lot of personal info from god knows where, which we already know, but then there's a sentence that's a bit suspicious: he's ready to explain anything people don't understand, and he is called "harmless/insignificant". Sounds a bit like we're being convinced that he's just a useless infodump character when he might actually be really important for the plot.
- Hobbies/special skills listed: soccer for MC, making accessories for Aoi, reading and calculation for Amelia, making sweets and embroidery for Ilya, tai chi and yoga for Mongfa, shopping and SNS for Karin, games and collecting information for Yoshio.
Oct 21, 2022 11:23 AM
Oct 2022
Kurisu53 said:

There might be. According to official website: Asahi AND Aoi are Libra, Amelia AND Yoshio (blonde male friend) are Aries, Ilya is Virgo (lol), Mongfa is Scorpio, Karin is Aquarius.
There seems to be some importance to the 12th (as in date). According to rabbit's thingy in ep 1 it's April 12, the alarm clock briefly glitches out to September 12, and anime started airing on October 12.

The bit with dates is really interesting. Also the potential importance of Yoshio. I knew that it was possible he has some significance, but I never really paid attention to him. Now, after your research findings, I do think that it is a bit odd. Yoshio was the one in episode 1 during the locker room scene to mention, "...or realizing the world is a video game," which was one of the most direct hints given. Coupled with his incredible knowledge of everyone... I need to start paying attention to this guy some more.

Also, was that a DDLC reference? Lmao.

EDIT: Thinking about it, aside from Mongfa and Karin, it's interesting how the zodiacs line up with the dates 4/12, 9/12, and 10/12...
akumaenjeruOct 21, 2022 11:46 AM
Oct 24, 2022 3:50 PM

Jun 2021

I am with you on this one.. We are missing something. Like how did the girls meet his father and what is in it for them. And the yellow haired guy yep too much friendly.

A little spoiler

Yandere_@lover
Oct 26, 2022 10:46 AM
Nov 2017
THETHEORYOF said:
It is a reference to Back to the future as Marty wakes up in the exact same position.

I also vote for BTTF theory. We have Marty iconic sleep pose, people knowing stuff about MC that he did not said to them (yet), and pictures with persons disappearing in them.

Oct 26, 2022 11:50 AM

Nov 2014
Personally I'd go with time travel and alternate timelines or something in this direction. The girls seems to have some kind of flashbacks with MC and considering everything else, there is no way they met in the past.
Oct 26, 2022 3:00 PM

Jul 2022
reality check!!!
Kek

Oct 26, 2022 4:37 PM

Jan 2019
It's all just one big acid trip.
Oct 26, 2022 9:28 PM
Mar 2015
Now that EP 3 dropped I’m gonna put forth an alternative:

Schizo/Split Theory

It doesn’t make sense that multiple girls have similar childhood flashbacks with our MC UNLESS they’re actually all based off the same person. Each girl represents a different side/part of this individual. Hence why all the girls are built in different archetypes yet all share a fondness for our MC.
This could be a method of reconstructing the original’s sense of self by isolating and then combining the different experiences our MC has with aspects of herself. This would also explain the MCs apparent amnesia as he needs to have a relative clean slate so as to not bias him when interacting with each aspect.
As far as how this could eventually play out I have two ideas:
1. A recompletion of the original by not picking one girl but ALL of them. (Both literally and figuratively accepting all aspects of someone)
2. One of the archetypes (my money’s on Aoi) going rogue and foiling the recompletion to preserve their own sense of self. Resulting in our MC “choosing” one and being trapped in the simulation until another reset.

This way no one is truly the “flashback girl” yet also no one isn’t her either. The OP/ED hints are red herrings meant to misdirect the audience yet simultaneously drop subtle hints to the real truth.

Plz I want this show to go absolutely off the rails in the latter half like a certain Flag anime did
Oct 27, 2022 2:16 PM

Feb 2018
loneguitar66 said:
Now that EP 3 dropped I’m gonna put forth an alternative:

Schizo/Split Theory

I was actually thinking the same thing myself. I wish I had posted it right when I watched the episode yesterday.

In episode 3 we also see Asahi skirting around the idea that's it's a simulation. In the first scene Asahi questions Aoi about why she never goes into his room, and then quickly forgets his question when the teacher interrupts them. Perhaps Aoi can't enter his room for some reason pertaining to the simulation/visual novel that they're in. Also at around 9:29, Aoi appears to be sort of omnipotent as she knew Asahi's favorite food without telling her (this also ties to her knowing where absolutely everything is in the first scene of the episode).

As we saw with the preview, it's the "boy's" turn to have a character arc. It's likely that episodes 2-6 will have each character getting their own arc before the twist happens. My guess is that in episode 5, it'll be the yellow haired idol and then finally the teacher. The reason behind this order is that as we saw in episode 1, the teacher had some agents following her (possibly the agents with the red right eyes that we saw in the OP), and I believe that when her character arc is resolved, the agents will come in and initiate the twist, somehow.

Essentially, the twist will be at the end of episode 6 and the beginning of episode 7. November 16th can't come soon enough.
Oct 29, 2022 6:49 PM
Sep 2019
Based on the first scene of the first episode, it's clear to me that they are in some kind of simulation or game. Now the real question is why and what will come from it.

There was something that the red-haired girl said in EP3, when she was sad in her room, that caught my attention. She said that she didn't know why she felt the need to say something different from what she wanted to say. This may just be a way to address her trope (the tsundere) but maybe there is a deeper meaning. I think they are being obligated to play "roles" in this simulation. And since her memories are still somewhat there, she felt confused when acting different from what she wanted to.

Also, the thing about all of them being from different nationalities tells me something involving the whole world is going on.

I'm really enjoying how they are making it clear that there is something happening while telling us almost nothing about what it is. But I still don't know if it's going to be something comedic or if they show will take some serious tone.
Oct 30, 2022 5:06 PM
Feb 2020
A lot of copium in this thread,

Just accept that it's your typical seasonal harem
Oct 30, 2022 6:23 PM

Feb 2018
cnedd11 said:
A lot of copium in this thread,

Just accept that it's your typical seasonal harem

No, I don't think I will
Nov 1, 2022 4:21 PM

May 2018
Some ep 3 observations:
- MC's calendar is still on April page since he set it to April after hearing the supposed current date on TV.
- "Excellent choice today and you'll love the extras"? That's straight up commenting on a visual novel event from the rabbit. Further emphasized by Aoi and Asahi talking about it later: he has daily morning "events" in his room with each of the girls except Aoi. If we're talking in VN terms she's either a part of a completely separate route (maybe a "true end") or an entity that's above the game, like a developer, game master etc.
- Amelia is filling out a marriage registration form. She states the same address for both of them: Azabudai 2-chome (without house number) in Tokyo. The location checks out - if you go there on Google street view you'll see that the TV tower is easily seen from this area just like in the anime. Postal code is made up: she wrote 1919-4545, which doesn't seem to exist. These numbers might be random or be some kind of a word play joke. (I'm thinking of one meaning in particular which is just some silly lewd stuff, might be just a funny easter egg for those who'll actually look into this frame.)
- "You are having more fun than I thought". Yoshio knows what's up.
- Ending video sequence is now about Amelia instead of Aoi, we'll likely get a version with every girl.
- ED in ep 2 is sung by Aoi only. ED in ep 3 is sung by Aoi and Amelia together.

It's about time to try looking into OP and ED lyrics as well.
- OP is largely just a love song but has some lines about losing a sense of self and about choices. "To an extent of being afraid that I'm changing to a different me", "when the new me is born there's no turning back. If I can choose my story, should I quit? I won't quit, there's no scenario after all!" Then there's a line that hints to some past events. "I won't say I'm feeling this for the first time. But this passion, energy of 未体験..." Dictionary says that 体験 means: (practical) experience; personal experience; hands-on experience; first-hand experience, and 未 is a prefix meaning "not yet, un-". Sounds like replaying past events and living through them again maybe?
- I couldn't find ED lyrics online in any form so I had to try listening to the part we hear in episodes. I think I heard something like "I wonder what future to draw? Doesn't matter how many times".
Nov 2, 2022 1:44 PM

Feb 2018
FutureMeat said:

As we saw with the preview, it's the "boy's" turn to have a character arc. It's likely that episodes 2-6 will have each character getting their own arc before the twist happens. My guess is that in episode 5, it'll be the yellow haired idol and then finally the teacher. The reason behind this order is that as we saw in episode 1, the teacher had some agents following her (possibly the agents with the red right eyes that we saw in the OP), and I believe that when her character arc is resolved, the agents will come in and initiate the twist, somehow.

Essentially, the twist will be at the end of episode 6 and the beginning of episode 7. November 16th can't come soon enough.

Okay so this is probably wrong, considering this week's preview implied that the teacher is going to have her character arc next. This also leaves room for Aoi to possibly have a more thought out development episode in episode 7, but I'd doubt that this will be the case. If my theory about her being a clone is correct, then my guess is that her character arc will happen after the twist. If the theory about everyone being Aoi is correct, then all development will happen after the twist, unless her having her moment to shine leads us directly into the twist.

The twist might not come on November 16th, after all. Probably the latest it'll be is on episode 8 (November 30th).

Now that the anime is ahead of the manga, we have no idea what's going to happen next, which is quite exciting.

Kurisu53 said:

- Amelia is filling out a marriage registration form. She states the same address for both of them: Azabudai 2-chome (without house number) in Tokyo. The location checks out - if you go there on Google street view you'll see that the TV tower is easily seen from this area just like in the anime. Postal code is made up: she wrote 1919-4545, which doesn't seem to exist. These numbers might be random or be some kind of a word play joke. (I'm thinking of one meaning in particular which is just some silly lewd stuff, might be just a funny easter egg for those who'll actually look into this frame.)

I appreciate your dedication to the cause
Nov 2, 2022 8:53 PM

Dec 2010
Kurisu53 said:
(I'm thinking of one meaning in particular which is just some silly lewd stuff, might be just a funny easter egg for those who'll actually look into this frame.)

You mean イクイク-シコシコ?
Nov 3, 2022 1:56 AM

May 2018
It's time for the newest episode!
- That plaza where they did the lottery looked unusually crowded for this anime. But yeah, winning 1st prize 3 times with only our main characters as winners when there should be only one prize definitely doesn't happen unless specifically set up to do so.
- ED is sung by 3 of them now: Aoi, Amelia and Ilya. That was to be expected.
- This inn is weird. If we're still assuming it's a game or a simulation, then the huge host (hostess?) that our characters encountered was too talkative compared to NPCs like lottery girls. Then that TV segment after the ED? Why is hostess a normal looking granny now? I'd assume that the huge guy was a tengu in disguise because the real tengu is shown with birds on his shoulders just like the host guy.

No new clues for now. When do you think the twist will be revealed after all? I'd say that we'll have ep 5 for Mongfa and ep 6 for Karin, then ep 7 might be Aoi-focused or not because she already had her flashback. Maybe we'll also see some more of Yoshio. So shit hits the fan in ep 7 or 8, 9 at the latest.
Do you consider options of twist happening later or even not happening at all leaving all the clues hanging? That would be really weird but could happen.

Chipp12 said:
You mean イクイク-シコシコ?

Yeah.
Nov 3, 2022 3:07 AM

Dec 2010
I can only say that I've noticed that silhouette figures in the opening are referencing characters/beings they've met so far (horny dogs, cleaner/undresser and tengu) so maybe those agents are really after Mongfa and will make appearance in the next episode.
Nov 3, 2022 9:46 AM
Dec 2018
It's perverted version of Princess Connect: Redive in my opinion (initially I thought it was perverted version of Clannad).
Nov 7, 2022 9:33 PM

Sep 2017
The only thing I know for sure is that Lovelin (the rabbit-robot-clock talking thing) will be important later on. I REALLY don't like how in both posters it's just... there... alongside the girls, and some of the things it said in the show are oddly suspicious.

And this next thing is probably a reach, but judging solely by the first (ominous) promotional poster, Aoi is more important than the other girls (after reading the whole thread that might probably be the case, y'all got amazing theories btw). Not only is she clearly visible and in the center of the image, she's the only one whose whole body is facing directly at the camera, and I feel like it was made that way for a reason.

I don't know. I don't like romcoms but I've been pushing through this one because there's definitely more to it.
Good
Nov 8, 2022 8:18 AM
May 2022
I think everyone is overthinking it. If something super dark were to occur, then this show would have a drama genre. But so far it’s an average romcom ecchi show. And you mentioned happy sugar life but that is not a romcom, it’s a horror/drama show so everyone know that would turn dark.

Yes, maybe something emotional will occur when that dark haired girl at the beginning of episode 1 before Asahi woke up is revealed or something, but all of these theories are way too complicated.
AniStrawberryNov 8, 2022 8:24 AM
Nov 9, 2022 10:12 AM

May 2018
Stay strong, lads. We'll make it to the twist. This episode was the dumbest one so far but there should be only one girl's arc left. Sensei was pretty cool though.
Mr. Best Friend made an appearance but did nothing meaningful.
Sensei suddenly goes full cyberpunk and looks up the building plan with some tech in her eye. The building is a love hotel as expected. Then the numbers 2058.48, no idea what they could mean, doesn't look like an address, could 2058 be a year? N32 W54 - no clue either, if it's coordinates then they're completely random because it's in the middle of the Atlantic.
We got the usual flashback. There's no definitive proof but I feel like the events in flashbacks are set in our time, not in this weird futuristic reality which might be actual future or a simulation.
The ep girl Mongfa added to the ED as usual, now 4 of them are singing it.
Nov 9, 2022 12:48 PM

Feb 2018
AniStrawberry said:
If something super dark were to occur, then this show would have a drama genre.

MAL isn't a perfect database. The people who added it to the database likely just didn't know that there's going to be a twist soon (considering nobody actually knows).

As for the contents of today's episode, Mongfa's flashback seemed to imply that she and Asahi were the same age at one point, so the split identity theory seems to be gaining a bit more weight.
Nov 9, 2022 4:55 PM
May 2022
FutureMeat said:
AniStrawberry said:
If something super dark were to occur, then this show would have a drama genre.

MAL isn't a perfect database. The people who added it to the database likely just didn't know that there's going to be a twist soon (considering nobody actually knows).

As for the contents of today's episode, Mongfa's flashback seemed to imply that she and Asahi were the same age at one point, so the split identity theory seems to be gaining a bit more weight.

How could Mongfa be the same age? She is an adult and Asahi is a teenager
Nov 9, 2022 5:39 PM

Feb 2018
AniStrawberry said:

Read post number 27 in this thread
Nov 10, 2022 9:14 AM
May 2022
FutureMeat said:
AniStrawberry said:

Or they could all be different people and he is defending Mongfa from something?
Nov 10, 2022 9:28 AM

Feb 2018
AniStrawberry said:
FutureMeat said:

Or they could all be different people and he is defending Mongfa from something?

It's a possibility, but if Mongfa is really several years older than Asahi, then why is he defending her from children, as shown in the flashback? She would be an adult/late teen at the time of the flashback. The split identity theory explains this
Nov 10, 2022 11:32 AM
May 2022
FutureMeat said:
AniStrawberry said:

It's a possibility, but if Mongfa is really several years older than Asahi, then why is he defending her from children, as shown in the flashback? She would be an adult/late teen at the time of the flashback. The split identity theory explains this

Perhaps because of allegations of her being Bloody Tiger
Nov 10, 2022 12:29 PM

Feb 2018
AniStrawberry said:
FutureMeat said:

Perhaps because of allegations of her being Bloody Tiger

If she was Bloody Tiger at the time of that, then she would be killing people and not needing the protection of a grade schooler
Nov 10, 2022 3:16 PM
Feb 2020
It's all Aoi and she's using multiple personalities (or avatars) So it won't matter who he hooks up with because it's all one person. Having a ball. Playing with a dude's head. Living her best lives.
Nov 16, 2022 9:22 AM

May 2018
So uh... yeah. That happened.

These red glowing eyes from Aoi were weird.
Karin starts realizing something after her flashback. I thought it was about them all actually being one person but then...
The final scene before the ED: five rabbits (for five girls) and mysterious Yoshino
. Guys who had theories about countries being involved - BINGO. Cast says "各国ラブリン" and lists 5 VAs, try translating it. Which rabbit do you think is which?
"Yoshino" is obviously not listed because she didn't say anything yet.
Nov 16, 2022 12:58 PM

Feb 2018
Kurisu53 said:
Guys who had theories about countries being involved - BINGO. Cast says "各国ラブリン" and lists 5 VAs, try translating it.

I didn't even notice that, that's an amazing deduction.

This episode was by far the best. I wasn't expecting Asahi to be so based.
I also predicted that each episode would have higher stakes than the previous and I'm very glad that I was correct.
Since next episode is a beach episode, everyone's going to be together, and thus a twist will ensue (trust me, this makes sense in my head).

Also Lovelin has the same VA as Kyuubey from Madoka Magica, so that could be something intentional (or just a pretty funny coincidence).

Can't wait to find out what the deal with Lovelin SEELE is
Nov 16, 2022 6:18 PM

Sep 2011
FutureMeat said:
Also Lovelin has the same VA as Kyuubey from Madoka Magica, so that could be something intentional (or just a pretty funny coincidence).

Not sure about the four new ones but the main Lovelin we've had so far is not the same VA as Kyubey
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Nov 30, 2022

181 by artturisi »»
May 30, 6:16 PM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Dec 28, 2022

161 by araa987 »»
May 16, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 23, 2022

125 by qintaku10 »»
Apr 27, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 7, 2022

43 by qintaku10 »»
Apr 27, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 16, 2022

115 by qintaku10 »»
Apr 27, 4:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.