Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 30, 2021 7:37 PM
Dec 2020
This topic might sound dumb because this anime is ranked #1 but to me the first episode is too cliché and I dropped it at episode 2 or 3 six months ago. When is this series get more interesting?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 30, 2021 7:49 PM
Jan 2021
Threyja said:
This topic might sound dumb because this anime is ranked #1 but to me the first episode is too cliché and I dropped it at episode 2 or 3 six months ago. When is this series get more interesting?
for me it was good from the beginning. Please elaborate on and give exact reasons as to why u dont like it. Many people find fmab boring from start to finish. So if your reasons are that u found it boring then u probably wont like it. But its still worth giving it few more eps.
Jun 30, 2021 7:49 PM
Jul 2020
Threyja said:
yeh it gets really intense and emotional. This was one of my very first animes and is really good for recommending to friends. All this time I used to think that it had good fandom but in these past few days there toxic as hell don't be bothered by #1 or #2 it has a great storyline, character development,music and action. I hope you enjoy.
Jun 30, 2021 7:53 PM

Oct 2020
I think you should give it a shot and drop it if you really can't continue.

In this world shrouded in darkness, I learned there was someone who’d been struggling along with me. That alone is enough.

Jun 30, 2021 7:58 PM

Aug 2013
It's a long series so 2 or 3 episodes really isn't a fair enough time to give it a real chance. You'll probably want to stick around past 10+ episodes to get a good feel.

But don't if it's a chore, watch what you enjoy, it's not for everyone.
Jun 30, 2021 7:59 PM

Jul 2014
I personally am in the process of watching it for the first time myself. For me, it didn’t start really picking up steam until about 16-17 episodes in. There’s some interesting moments in the first 15 episodes but I always felt like it was missing something in the beginning. I will warn you that, despite what the fandom may tell you, this show still conforms to the standard shounen cliches here and there, especially when it comes to its writing. If that sounds like it’d bother you, or if waiting nearly 20 episodes for it to be good doesn’t sound appealing, I wouldn’t blame you for just moving on and saying it isn’t for you.

I make trash videos on the worst app https://tiktok.com/@tivvy_
Jun 30, 2021 7:59 PM
Nov 2016
For the love of God, don't make the mistake in watching this hoping to be good just because it's ranked #1 around here, I made that mistake and was completely disappointed with this anime, FMAB is one of the most overrated garbage I've seen.

I honestly won't place this garbage in my top 100 and I'm someone who's been watching animes for decades (I don't update my list in MAL though but my anime list is much higher).

As a rule of thumb, give long or semi-long animes like this one 15-20 episodes (this rule should be accurate for every other anime out there), if the anime failed to entertain you in 15-20 episodes then don't waste your time in it, FMAB obviously failed, I was never entertained by it and I've kept going just to see when it would get interesting, big mistake, it never got good for me so now I dislike this with passion.

If there's an overrated anime out there then FMAB surely deserves the #1 spot for being the most overrated garbage I've seen so far. I consider FMA 2003 much better so if you haven't seen that one then give FMA 2003 a chance. Of course, remember the 15-20 episode rule on long or semi-long animes out there.
xZabuzaxJun 30, 2021 8:23 PM
Jun 30, 2021 8:06 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Threyja said:
I would definitely say give it more then 2-3 ep’s before you drop it. I loved it from the very beginning just because it caught my attention and I was hooked. Everything from Character development, to the soundtrack, and story themes. It all just fits well together. If you find you can’t like it or it’s just something you can’t get into then I would recommend dropping it and finding another show. Though if you really give it a chance and try to get into it I’d be hard pressed to say you wouldn’t like it. It’s really got it all. Anyways don’t feel bad about dropping it if you find you can’t get into it. There’s plenty of other shows out there for you to fall in love with.
Jun 30, 2021 8:07 PM
Feb 2021
Threyja said:
I would say to watch it only because it is highly liked in the anime community. But that's it. I watched it but I didn't enjoy it.
Jun 30, 2021 8:12 PM

Jan 2021
there's no specific episode we can give you. this show sort of snowballs in a lowkey way, and before you realise it, you're super invested in the story.
Jun 30, 2021 8:12 PM
Dec 2020
Schmentai_Sama said:
Threyja said:
for me it was good from the beginning. Please elaborate on and give exact reasons as to why u dont like it. Many people find fmab boring from start to finish. So if your reasons are that u found it boring then u probably wont like it. But its still worth giving it few more eps.
just like I've said, I found the plot of the first and the next episode and is too old and of course, too predictable so I thought this anime doesn't suit me because it's an old anime after all, maybe if I watch it sooner like 6-7 years sooner, I might find this anime interesting
Jun 30, 2021 8:22 PM
Jan 2021
Threyja said:
Schmentai_Sama said:
just like I've said, I found the plot of the first and the next episode and is too old and of course, too predictable so I thought this anime doesn't suit me because it's an old anime after all, maybe if I watch it sooner like 6-7 years sooner, I might find this anime interesting
so watch at least till the tucker arc 👀. U might like it.
Jun 30, 2021 8:23 PM
Dec 2020
But anyway, thanks everyone for the comments! I will give it a try, again, and I also will update this post whenever I find it interesting or not
Jun 30, 2021 8:28 PM
Jan 2021
I like Brotherhood but ep 1 sucks. 2003 is interesting from the start.
Jun 30, 2021 8:34 PM

Jan 2020
xZabuzax said:
For the love of God, don't make the mistake in watching this hoping to be good just because it's ranked #1 around here, I made that mistake and was completely disappointed with this anime, FMAB is one of the most overrated garbage I've seen.

I honestly won't place this garbage in my top 100 and I'm someone who's been watching animes for decades (I don't update my list in MAL though but my anime list is much higher).

As a rule of thumb, give long or semi-long animes like this one 15-20 episodes (this rule should be accurate for every other anime out there), if the anime failed to entertain you in 15-20 episodes then don't waste your time in it, FMAB obviously failed, I was never entertained by it and I've kept going just to see when it would get interesting, big mistake, it never got good for me so now I dislike this with passion.

If there's an overrated anime out there then FMAB surely deserves the #1 spot for being the most overrated garbage I've seen so far. I consider FMA 2003 much better so if you haven't seen that one then give FMA 2003 a chance. Of course, remember the 15-20 episode rule on long or semi-long animes out there.
I second this. It was a sleeper. 64 episodes of straight torture. I was going to watch FMA but after watching what everyone calls the superior version I said fuck that shit.
Jun 30, 2021 8:37 PM

Apr 2021
Keep watching, it gets much better later on
Jun 30, 2021 8:44 PM
Nov 2016
JJAnonymous said:
I second this. It was a sleeper. 64 episodes of straight torture. I was going to watch FMA but after watching what everyone calls the superior version I said fuck that shit.

Yeah don't watch FMA 2003 if you don't feel like it but I definitely enjoyed FMA 2003 a lot more, it was darker, mature and more serious and the emotional moments were done much better as well, I've never felt any of this with FMAB though, FMAB was simply way too childish for my taste and had way too many forced comedy at inappropriate times which killed any tension this garbage wanted to bring to the table, I barely felt tension watching this garbage, I was mostly cringing in it, almost every serious moment was ruined with some stupid shitty comedy which they kept overusing over and over again, the fucking cringe was real on FMAB, plus the emotional moments weren't that good either and I also disliked the OST, so many things went wrong with FMAB for me.
Jun 30, 2021 9:03 PM

Oct 2018
FMAB is good but I didn't mind the 64 ep straight torture because I divided the episodes into three seasons, which is a life-hacking method. First 2-3 episodes were boring but if you watch the 5th laboratory ep, the story will get interesting. Y'all should try this method (dividing the episodes into seasons). It's so freaking hack skills.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Jun 30, 2021 9:41 PM

Nov 2020
Threyja said:
never it gets better never....
It is not worth watching even....

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
Everything will be alright if
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to
Everything will be alright if

We just keep dancing like we're 22, 22"
Jun 30, 2021 9:46 PM
Jan 2021
Yes, it's not the best anime ever or anything but its still really good. 8/10 imo very consistently good fun watch, the first episode was weird the next two feel like the actual first eps just keep going.
Jun 30, 2021 9:50 PM
Nov 2020
Threyja said:
the first episode is a filler btw
Jun 30, 2021 9:51 PM

Jan 2020
xZabuzax said:
JJAnonymous said:

Yeah don't watch FMA 2003 if you don't feel like it but I definitely enjoyed FMA 2003 a lot more, it was darker, mature and more serious and the emotional moments were done much better as well, I've never felt any of this with FMAB though, FMAB was simply way too childish for my taste and had way too many forced comedy at inappropriate times which killed any tension this garbage wanted to bring to the table, I barely felt tension watching this garbage, I was mostly cringing in it, almost every serious moment was ruined with some stupid shitty comedy which they kept overusing over and over again, the fucking cringe was real on FMAB, plus the emotional moments weren't that good either and I also disliked the OST, so many things went wrong with FMAB for me.
FMAB openings and closings are good one of the only reasons I stuck around
Jun 30, 2021 9:54 PM
Mar 2021
It’s very good in my opinion. Has great world building, very emotional, fast pacing, strong female characters my fav is Winry, and strong supporting characters like Roy mustang.
Jun 30, 2021 9:55 PM
Nov 2016
JJAnonymous said:
xZabuzax said:

FMAB openings and closings are good one of the only reasons I stuck around

Yeah on that I have no complaints, while FMAB was garbage I did enjoyed the OP/ED, I do like the OP/ED more on FMA 2003 though.
Jun 30, 2021 10:23 PM
Oct 2020
I started fmab and i am in ep 18 and tbh the show is not bad after i watched the first 10 - 12 episodes i got really invested so maybe if u give it time u might get invested if you feel really bored then yeah you can drop it.
Jun 30, 2021 10:37 PM

Aug 2017
No. I'm just dissapointed by this shounen. Awful beginning, peaked in the middle, went afwul again.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 30, 2021 10:46 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah. It's worth watching
Jun 30, 2021 11:05 PM
Apr 2021
This show starts off fire immediately how you drop it that fast? XD
Jun 30, 2021 11:15 PM
Apr 2016
If you see an anime being #1 and you drop it because you think the first episode is cliche then you have issues.

Yes, watch it. Also, it’s an old anime. It has been copied thousands of times. Let your brain work please.
Jun 30, 2021 11:34 PM
Jan 2021
Ofc it is.Its like an anime whith very few issues.
Jun 30, 2021 11:52 PM
Mar 2021
Try episode 4, it’s one of the best episodes and it’s the episode that sold me on the series
Jun 30, 2021 11:55 PM

Jul 2020
I heard the series is gonna get better in the second half I also heard many people(including me) had issues with the first half too so you're not alone.The pacing is just all over the place to me and I don't understand how it's #1.Maybe it falls into the category of "Risk and reward" idk.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jul 1, 2021 12:32 AM
Jun 2021
One of the fruits rolled out of the basket! I would drop it permanently. Go back to trying to understand realistic human relationships via animal people. This is for people who want to escape reality because they have one to escape. It’s not for everyone! Thanks for sharing orange-banana-fox
Jul 1, 2021 4:24 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Threyja said:

Don't watch an anime, any anime, because its ranked highly, watch it because you want to, because it interests, or you like the studio or artstlye etc. Never watch something with such pointless expectations that end up maaring your perseption of a show you migth otherwise of liked👍
Jul 1, 2021 4:45 AM
Oct 2017
first time i tried watching i got to episode 20 something when they go to a fortress in the snow, and i just felt like my time has been completely wasted, nothing interesting happens and the characters are so boring, and don't even get me started on the comedy, its not just that its the most unfunny thing ive ever seen, but it ruins the show because it wants to have these deep characters like ed being guilty about his brother, but then he gets mad when people call him short, that just ruins the whole character.

i tried to watch it multiple times after and the one time i actually pushed through to the end, it was kinda nice but it was absoloutely not worth it to watch like 50 boring ass episodes to get to that mid ending, but thats just my advise.
Jul 1, 2021 5:46 AM
Jan 2018
Episode 1 is easily the worst in the series. Its seriously a 3/10 maybe worse.

All series deserve more than the 3 episode rule. You have no idea how this anime will turn out dude.
He died doing what he wanted, no matter what, right? I bet he was happy.

Good luck with berserk Kouji Mori, you'll need all the help you can get. We believe in you.
Jul 1, 2021 8:20 AM
Feb 2021
It's obviously worth watch and obviously a. Top 10 anime but I don't know I just feel the soundtrack too repetitive and the last few episodes as a mess I actually didn't enjoy the ending I feel it too typical and messy ,also importance to other characters besides edward and alphonse is very very low and clearly don't have any decent written female character .these are my problems even with that it's obviously in my top 10
Jul 1, 2021 8:23 AM
Feb 2021
xZabuzax said:

xZabuzax said:

c'mon man I agree that it's kinda thing overrated but it's definitely not garbage
Jul 1, 2021 8:29 AM
Apr 2020
Yes its worth watching.Watch it dub if h watch dub if not watch sub lol.Also dont let the apparent fanbase drag it down its still a good anime.
Jul 1, 2021 9:40 AM
Jun 2020
It is..
I was new in anime at that time when I watchedits opening theme s Like you I did droppped this show
Jul 1, 2021 9:44 AM

Feb 2021
Threyja said:

for me it gets interesting since episode 1, just like S;G (I don't get why some people dislike the first half). Just keep watching it, take your time, at the end everything will be worth it.
Jul 1, 2021 9:48 AM

Oct 2019
Natsuki_SanJuan said:
FMAB is good but I didn't mind the 64 ep straight torture because I divided the episodes into three seasons, which is a life-hacking method.

Oh really? That sounds interesting.

Also, to OP. Yes, FMAB is worth watching. It’s a great adaptation of a great manga, first 13 episodes are a bit rushed, but it slows down afterwards and gets really good. I watched half of it, but I read the entire manga, and since I’ve heard Brotherhood is basically the manga but in anime form, it gets amazing later on.
Pandora Hearts is the best manga ever made and deserves an anime reboot
Jul 1, 2021 10:41 AM
Jun 2021
Absolutely! I am currently in the middle of it right now, and I am addicted! Please give it a shot.
Jul 1, 2021 3:00 PM
Nov 2020
strob3 said:
I think you should give it a shot and drop it if you really can't continue.
my boy got the rushia pfp
Jul 1, 2021 3:17 PM
Oct 2020
It’s pretty boring and slow I wouldn’t bother nothing interesting happens and the ending is one of the worst, what in the Fairy Tail power of friendship bull was the ending of FMAB
Jul 1, 2021 3:37 PM
May 2021
Nah its just really bad. Everything about it is bad. The only reason its #1 is because toxic fans bot attack anything with a low score whenever this show gets beaten.
I can recommend like 20 shounen so much better than whatever garbage this is. Go watch Demon Slayer, Jujutsu Kaisen, My Hero, Mob Psycho. All are much better than whatever this garbage is.

Tbh even the original FMA is far better than this crap
Jul 1, 2021 3:40 PM

Aug 2018
It was an okay watch, but forgot about it a week later
Jul 1, 2021 4:05 PM
Oct 2019
Ur right! This topic is dumb.
Sawyer Gowen
Jul 1, 2021 9:13 PM
Sep 2020
This topic is dumb indeed
Jul 1, 2021 10:56 PM
Aug 2020
Yes it’s a very good anime but community can be a little toxic because it was a lot of peoples “ first”
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 56 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeviantKaos - May 9, 2010

208 by Ronin_4011 »»
Jun 2, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeviantKaos - May 2, 2010

232 by Ronin_4011 »»
Jun 2, 11:33 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 45 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 21, 2010

178 by DryAmeer »»
Jun 2, 5:24 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Feb 28, 2010

216 by Ronin_4011 »»
Jun 2, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

976 by iwakur4 »»
Jun 2, 1:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.