Forum Settings
Forums

[Fate/Gaming] All-around Discussions [Non-Tagged Spoilers Are Bad Civilization]

New
Dec 10, 2015 1:55 PM

Aug 2010

Here you can discuss the newest Fate installments in gaming.

List of games:

1. Fate/EXTELLA (Hack 'n' Slash)
2. Fate/stay night (Visual Novel)
3. Fate/hollow ataraxia (Visual Novel)
4. Fate/EXTRA (JRPG)
5. Fate/EXTRA CCC (JRPG)
6. Fate/Unlimited Codes (Fighter)
7. Fate/Samurai Remnant First Trailer (Hack 'n' Slash)
8. Fate/EXTRA Record (JRPG)

Important links:
How to get the best version of Fate/stay night.
astroprogsJun 21, 2023 8:06 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 10, 2015 8:53 PM
Dec 10, 2015 9:01 PM

Feb 2015
lol maybe its something llike Fate=Tsuki Far side>>Near side

Though Tsuki has more consistent pacing.
Dec 11, 2015 12:22 AM

Jun 2015
The last two days of HF>Anything in Tsukihime>Anything else in Fate

Dec 11, 2015 12:31 AM

Oct 2008
Sparks liner high was pretty good, but saying it's better than Tsukihime is stretching it. Nanaya alone is better than anything in Fate.
Dec 11, 2015 12:50 AM

Nov 2011
I never finished HF because my saves got corrupted or something and didn't want to do it all over again.

Dec 11, 2015 1:07 AM

Jun 2015
ShinsoPriest said:
Sparks liner high was pretty good, but saying it's better than Tsukihime is stretching it. Nanaya alone is better than anything in Fate.

I guess we'll agree to disagree then.
I was being a bit hyperbolic, but I do believe the HF climax reaches highs that pretty much no other TM work goes to. The HF climax really pays off on all of the tension and character dynamics in the route in a way that just works. The only thing that really incited close to as much emotion in me in Tsukihime would probably be the ending of Hisui's route, though it achieves it in a different way.
But again, agree to disagree.

We can at least agree that mapo>curry, yes?
-Sherou-Dec 11, 2015 1:14 AM

Dec 11, 2015 2:00 AM

Aug 2014
akiha route>hisui route>>>kohaku route>/=UBW>HF>>>Ciel route>/=Fate>/=Arcueid route

kk?
Dec 11, 2015 2:27 AM

Apr 2013
Sherou said:

I was being a bit hyperbolic, but I do believe the HF climax reaches highs that pretty much no other TM work goes to. The HF climax really pays off on all of the tension and character dynamics in the route in a way that just works. The only thing that really incited close to as much emotion in me in Tsukihime would probably be the ending of Hisui's route, though it achieves it in a different way.

Wow, never thought I'd meet someone that shares my exact sentiments. -holds up bro fist-

Ah dang, that reminded me of Miyu Matsuki's passing... Not sure how I'll feel playing Hisui-Half Moon again.
Dec 11, 2015 2:30 AM

Jun 2015
Genkii said:
Sherou said:
<br />
I was being a bit hyperbolic, but I do believe the HF climax reaches highs that pretty much no other TM work goes to. The HF climax really pays off on all of the tension and character dynamics in the route in a way that just works. The only thing that really incited close to as much emotion in me in Tsukihime would probably be the ending of Hisui&#039;s route, though it achieves it in a different way.
<br />
Wow, never thought I&#039;d meet someone that shares my exact sentiments. -holds up bro fist-<br />
<br />
Ah dang, that reminded me of Miyu Matsuki&#039;s passing... Not sure how I&#039;ll feel playing Hisui-Half Moon again.

*Bro fists*

Dec 11, 2015 4:47 AM

Aug 2014
the last 2 days of hf has return to the spring though
Dec 11, 2015 4:54 AM

Jan 2014
Insertanamehere said:
kohaku route>/=UBW>HF

lol

Only Stev
Dec 11, 2015 6:41 AM

Aug 2014
WormBro said:
Insertanamehere said:
kohaku route>/=UBW>HF

lol

Only Stev

truth
and no, not only me
as apparent in posts in this club itself
Dec 11, 2015 6:46 AM

Jan 2014
as apparent in posts in this club itself

Do you like have multiple personalities and refer to yourself as well as your post in plural
Dec 11, 2015 6:57 AM

Feb 2015
I do like the Kohaku route but callng it better than UBW?

...eh no
Dec 11, 2015 7:06 AM

Jan 2014
It's far from better than HF as well.
Dec 11, 2015 7:42 AM

Aug 2014
it is better though
Dec 11, 2015 8:35 AM

Jan 2014
Almost as better as AoT is than Muv Luv Alternative my man
Dec 11, 2015 8:36 AM

Feb 2015
plz worm don't insult Alternative..atleast Kohaku route is way better if you want to give a relative comparison.
Dec 11, 2015 8:46 AM

Jan 2014
laidellent said:
plz worm don't insult Alternative..

I'm insulting Alternative?

atleast Kohaku route is way better if you want to give a relative comparison.

Kohaku route may be much better than AoT is and I do consider it kinda good, but no, I don't really think that the terrible rushed pacing of the whole route and only like a couple of really good bits (like Kohaku's characterization and Akiha's villain antics) is good enough for it to be as good as UBW or HF.
Dec 11, 2015 8:48 AM

Feb 2015
WormBro said:
laidellent said:
plz worm don't insult Alternative..

I'm insulting Alternative?

WormBro said:
Almost as better as AoT is than Muv Luv Alternative my man

mentioning both in the same sentence.

You didn't get my point.Comparing AOT to Alternative in relation to the comparison between Kohaku and UBW/HF is a bit of a stretch.
Dec 11, 2015 8:50 AM

Jan 2014
Lml. I have to make a strong wide comparison to make a mockery out of Stev's post.

I'm only ever here to devalue his objectively wrong opinions about things.

laidellent said:
You didn't get my point.Comparing AOT to Alternative in relation to the comparison between Kohaku and UBW/HF is a bit of a stretch.

Sure. But the intention of that specific posts were to make a ridiculous comparison to make a mockery out of what Stev said.
Dec 11, 2015 10:14 AM

Aug 2014
you had angel beats in your favs till recently my man, i think youre the one with objectively wrong opinions here
Dec 11, 2015 11:34 AM

Jan 2014
Funny that I don't remember that
Mar 17, 2016 10:25 AM

Aug 2010
Mar 17, 2016 10:28 AM

Jan 2014
Man, I'm just waiting for more info that should come out in like 8 days time? If we get a big ass character roster confirmed, I'll be hyped as fuck.

This game looks really entertaining from the shots shown in the scans plus I've wanted a legitimate Fate fighting game for a while now.
Mar 17, 2016 12:54 PM

Oct 2008

According to this, there's going to be different costumes or "form changes" for each servant that effects their fighting style. Wonder what Tamamo and Attila will get? Or maybe it's a Nero exclusive thing.
Mar 17, 2016 1:24 PM

Jan 2014
Tamamo has the disk thing on her arm too so nah, not Nero exclusive. Well, assuming this disk thing transforms into the armor/outfit thing.
Mar 17, 2016 3:44 PM

Apr 2013
ShinsoPriest said:

According to this, there's going to be different costumes or "form changes" for each servant that effects their fighting style. Wonder what Tamamo and Attila will get? Or maybe it's a Nero exclusive thing.

I am a HUGE fan of the fire element, the color red and hand to hand combat... if that's Nero, WOW ultimate waifu...
Mar 17, 2016 10:11 PM

Aug 2010
Nasu's Extella blog entry:

Kinoko_Nasu said:
Do you want to play an action game?

How about enjoying an ikkitousen leap for the Servants?
[Ikkitousen, lit. “a mighty knight who matches a thousand knights”; a strong cavalryman who can beat a lot of enemies alone.]

Okay, then we’ll prepare a new stage!

We’ve kept you waiting. We’ve finally announced the latest title in the Fate/Extra series with Fate Extella!!!

Since we’re entering a stage where we’re about to open up on more details, I can’t share too much more about it today.

However, I will say one thing. This time, I’ve had more freedom to do what I like more than ever before. Also, this title isn’t Extra 3. Since we’re beginning a new challenge, it was decided that it wouldn’t be good to use a previous title for it.

“The story of ideas interweaving between person to person has ended.
From here on, let’s talk about man and world.”

“The tale doesn’t end here.
It’ll be waiting for you at the newly opened sea of the glittering moon.”

This comment about him having the freedom to finally do what he likes and looking at the game's genre...
"What's that, Platinum? Not gonna include my characters in the next Bayonetta? Screw you guys then. I'm gonna have my own action game with blackjack and hook.. err, whores of babylon"

AirConditioner said:
Man, I'm just waiting for more info that should come out in like 8 days time? If we get a big ass character roster confirmed, I'll be hyped as fuck.

This game looks really entertaining from the shots shown in the scans plus I've wanted a legitimate Fate fighting game for a while now.

Ditto.
astroprogsMar 17, 2016 10:26 PM
Mar 18, 2016 6:10 AM

Feb 2016
This could finally be the game where I can actually use UBW/GoB on tons of enemies Musou-style. Maybe, just maybe, this could be the final push I need to go get a Vita D:
Mar 18, 2016 6:46 AM

Apr 2013
If there's anything I learned from personal experience with ps3 and ps4 ports to the Vita, is frame rate drop issues. Like down right bad. UBW and GOB spamming is going to for sure lag a ton on the vita. Just a heads up.
Mar 18, 2016 6:58 AM

Aug 2010
OlivierLenheim said:
This could finally be the game where I can actually use UBW/GoB on tons of enemies Musou-style. Maybe, just maybe, this could be the final push I need to go get a Vita D:

I agree with Gen. Unless you REALLY enjoy playing on a a handheld, the Vita version really isn't worth it, especially for musou games where you have tons of enemies on screen at once. Look at any given Hyrule Warriors 3DS for a glaring example.
I recommend getting it for the PS4 if you can.
Mar 18, 2016 7:02 AM

Feb 2016
astroprogs said:

I agree with Gen. Unless you REALLY enjoy playing on a a handheld, the Vita version really isn't worth it, especially for musou games where you have tons of enemies on screen at once. Look at any given Hyrule Warriors 3DS for a glaring example.
I recommend getting it for the PS4 if you can.

Genkii said:
If there's anything I learned from personal experience with ps3 and ps4 ports to the Vita, is frame rate drop issues. Like down right bad. UBW and GOB spamming is going to for sure lag a ton on the vita. Just a heads up.

Hmm, good point guys. Righto, time to start finding a second-hand PS4 then :D
Mar 18, 2016 12:53 PM

Oct 2008
This is assuming you'll get to use UBW/GoB in the first place.
Mar 18, 2016 4:21 PM

Apr 2013
Certainly they aren't foolish enough not to include such iconic moves?
Mar 22, 2016 10:16 AM

Aug 2010
New HD Extella materials:
1) Nero

2) Nero's Form Change

3) Attila

astroprogsMar 22, 2016 10:44 AM
Mar 22, 2016 3:36 PM

Apr 2013
Okay, so aside from Persona 5, I now have another good reason to finally buy a PS4. I cannot contain how much I want to play Nero and Altera.

Mar 23, 2016 8:35 AM

Mar 2015
Genkii said:
Okay, so aside from Persona 5, I now have another good reason to finally buy a PS4. I cannot contain how much I want to play Nero and Altera.

>implying the game will come to the west
Mar 23, 2016 9:50 AM

Oct 2008
MightyM16 said:
Genkii said:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/QLFTJtI.jpg[ /img]

What is importing
Mar 23, 2016 10:15 AM

Aug 2010
ShinsoPriest said:
MightyM16 said:

What is importing

What's the point if you can't understand it?
CCC will forever be i game I really want to and can play... through various means, but I, and this is with my completely free will, won't. If Extella follows CCC's steps, then i won't play it as well. It's not like there's any shortage of musou games out there. I don't need Extella if all i'm gonna get from it is mindless action.

Admittedly, I'll miss all the UMU~, butstill.
astroprogsMar 23, 2016 10:23 AM
Mar 23, 2016 10:44 AM

Oct 2008
astroprogs said:
ShinsoPriest said:

What is importing

CCC will forever be i game I really want to and can play... through various means, but I, and this is with my completely free will, won't. If Extella follows CCC's steps, then i won't play it as well. It's not like there's any shortage of musou games out there. I don't need Extella if all i'm gonna get from it is mindless action.

Depends on if it's fully voiced. If so, I can enjoy it all I want. Sucks for those who have absolutely no experience with Japanese though. I actually did fully play through Extra(not CCC) way before a localization was announced for it and enjoyed it fairly well.
Mar 23, 2016 11:39 AM

Aug 2010
ShinsoPriest said:
astroprogs said:

Depends on if it's fully voiced. If so, I can enjoy it all I want. Sucks for those who have absolutely no experience with Japanese though. I actually did fully play through Extra(not CCC) way before a localization was announced for it and enjoyed it fairly well.

Doubt it'd be fully voiced when Extra and CCC weren't, HD games developing costs being really high and how gimped the game will be to fit the Vita without removing content.
I have this thing of of keeping my first impressions of a game no matter how much i play it. I didn't want my first impression of CCC to be "what the fuck is going on?" and i don't want the it for Extella as well. I'd rather just never play it.
Mar 23, 2016 2:50 PM

Oct 2008
astroprogs said:
ShinsoPriest said:

Doubt it'd be fully voiced when Extra and CCC weren't, HD games developing costs being really high and how gimped the game will be to fit the Vita without removing content.
I have this thing of of keeping my first impressions of a game no matter how much i play it. I didn't want my first impression of CCC to be "what the fuck is going on?" and i don't want the it for Extella as well. I'd rather just never play it.

Extra and CCC were on the PSP so obviously it had a limited amount of space. And even then, that's not an excuse. Look at any of the Sword Art Online games which have way more content. Every game, even the PSP one was fully voiced. It's just a matter of if they care enough to do it. Extella is on the PS4 and Vita, so chances are they will. They will most likely just leave out the MC, and inner-monologue voices as usual.

At least CCC is a game, so you can enjoy it, and just read a guide online as you progress. If it was a VN with no gameplay, then forget it.
Mar 23, 2016 3:22 PM

Aug 2010
ShinsoPriest said:
astroprogs said:

Extra and CCC were on the PSP so obviously it had a limited amount of space. And even then, that's not an excuse. Look at any of the Sword Art Online games which have way more content. Every game, even the PSP one was fully voiced. It's just a matter of if they care enough to do it. Extella is on the PS4 and Vita, so chances are they will. They will most likely just leave out the MC, and inner-monologue voices as usual.

At least CCC is a game, so you can enjoy it, and just read a guide online as you progress. If it was a VN with no gameplay, then forget it.

Even though i hope you're right, i don't think Nasu's stuff are simple enough to get the jest of without actual Japanese knowledge. Actually, judging from the impressions of the guys at BL, Nasu's writing style is sometimes so cryptic and convoluted, fluent Japanese translators are guaranteed to get something wrong sooner or later.

Games written by Nasu may as well be VNs with RPG elements. You spend a huge percentage of Extra looking at a VN layout, than actually moving in dungeons and being in battles (most of which are leveling up fodder anyway)
Mar 23, 2016 3:29 PM

Apr 2013
ShinsoPriest said:
astroprogs said:

I'm going to keep this short and simple.

-Fate popularity and exposure is quite high nowadays.
-Even if there's no official English localization, there's still a GOOD chance there will be an Asian English version (better than nothing).
-Story? In my Musou? Guys, THAT DID NOT STOP US FROM PLAYING F/GO LOL. Translation will eventually come online.
-Have some of you guys even seen the stupidly niche Japanese games these days that get English Localization? Especially on the Vita? My brother has a bookshelf full of them that I've only touched 1 or 2. Why would Extella fail? Remove the CCC stigma.

And most importantly, let me have my dream dammit! Don't stop the heart.
Mar 23, 2016 3:50 PM

Aug 2010
It would be very smart for XSEED to get a piece of that fresh Fate pie in the west. Extella would be the perfect opportunity after Aksys dropped the ball. XSEED are the only ones with Marvelous' NA localization license and seeing they dared to touch the Trails series, they're definitely not ones to be too cautious or afraid of behemoth projects.

Now we just need an XSEED emplyee who happens to be a Fate fan. This is legit how we got Corpse Party localized in the west believe it or not.
Mar 23, 2016 4:38 PM

Oct 2008
Or you could pay to take Japanese lessons, and be fluent by the time the game and Tsukihime remake is out. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 23, 2016 6:07 PM

Apr 2013
[Edit] WHOA nevermnind learning written Japanese, back to my psychology books. Tee-hee.
GenkiiMar 23, 2016 6:30 PM
Mar 27, 2016 1:57 AM

Apr 2013
It begins...

#Shaft
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [Non-Type-Moon] All-around Discussions v2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShinsoPriest - Aug 10, 2021

9151 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
3 hours ago

Sticky: » [Fate/Grand Order] All-around Discussions v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mira-pyon - Aug 6, 2021

1321 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
7 hours ago

» Seasonal Anime Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiser-chan - Apr 18, 2018

7291 by Kaiser-chan »»
Jun 4, 9:37 AM

» Fan Art Thread. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mira-pyon - Oct 13, 2015

2589 by Nyarly-Kanamin »»
May 7, 3:35 AM

Sticky: » Fate/Type-Moon - Anime & Manga Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiser-chan - Dec 31, 2016

8109 by uzumaki_rawezh »»
May 2, 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.