Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 21, 2015 6:21 AM

Jul 2013
I know everyone loves some awesome shows that leave a mark on you. Memories. Something so good that you can rewatch later.

Some shows I really enjoyed are:

Mirai Nikki
High School DxD
Blast of Tempest
Tokyo Ravens
No Game No Life
Guilty Crown
Star Blazers 2199
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Magi: The Kingdom of Magic
Noragami

If you know of any good shows like these or similar or of the rating of 9/10s, tell me. I wanna know some more shows, so I can watch them.

I greatly appreciate it!
Steins;Gate
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 21, 2015 6:25 AM

Apr 2014
watch STRIKE THE BLOOD
Jan 21, 2015 6:27 AM

Sep 2014
Alright, try these : -
Code Geass
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Katanagatari
Monster
Kyoukai no Kanata
You'll definitely enjoy these.
Jan 21, 2015 6:29 AM

Jul 2013
Moodie said:
watch STRIKE THE BLOOD

I already seen Strike the Blood, it's in my list. And the show isn't too bad. I enjoyed it but not like the ones that I listed.
Jan 21, 2015 6:31 AM

Jul 2013
Harrymanhunter said:
Code Geass
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Katanagatari
Monster
Kyoukai no Kanata

I'll definitely check out Code Geass, it's in my list but haven't watched it yet.
Is JoJo's Bizarre Adventure done airing now?
Katanagatari looks pretty interesting.
Monster I hear is an psychological anime. But good right?
Beyond the Boundary was really good. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
Jan 21, 2015 6:36 AM

Sep 2014
dustinator1991 said:
Harrymanhunter said:
Code Geass
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Katanagatari
Monster
Kyoukai no Kanata

I'll definitely check out Code Geass, it's in my list but haven't watched it yet.
Is JoJo's Bizarre Adventure done airing now?
Katanagatari looks pretty interesting.
Monster I hear is an psychological anime. But good right?
Beyond the Boundary was really good. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
Well you can honestly just watch Jojo 2012 and wait until the current season stops airing, it won't do you any harm. And Monster is a masterpiece. It's slow paced but methodical, it'll keep you on your toes.
Jan 21, 2015 6:37 AM

Jul 2013
Okay, I'll check out Jojo. Did you love it? lol.

and I love an good psychological anime that gets my brain working.
Jan 21, 2015 6:40 AM

Sep 2014
dustinator1991 said:

dustinator1991 said:

2012 one I gave a 9/10, so yeah I did. And Monster is definitely get you working. Infact, let me suggest you a mindfucker. Try Mawaru Penguindrum. :D
Jan 21, 2015 6:43 AM

Jul 2013
Hmm interesting. I actually have Penguin Drum but haven't watched it yet. I hear it is good. But does it make any sense? lol. And I hear there is a lot of morals and lessons in the anime.
Jan 21, 2015 6:44 AM

Jul 2013
nice

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jan 21, 2015 6:47 AM

Sep 2014
dustinator1991 said:
Hmm interesting. I actually have Penguin Drum but haven't watched it yet. I hear it is good. But does it make any sense? lol. And I hear there is a lot of morals and lessons in the anime.
Aye. It has a lot of symbolism. And it's pretty psychological too, though not as much as Monster. So yeah, it makes sense, though you most likely will need forums to understand the ending. :P
Jan 21, 2015 7:20 AM

Jul 2013
Hmm. Sounds good. I'll check it out soon then. :)
Jan 21, 2015 7:38 AM

Sep 2014
For me, my favourite few in order (with my personal ratings attached) are:

Clannad Series: 10/10
Ga Rei Zero: 10/10
Fate Zero: 10/10
Code Geass Series: 10/10
Hyouka: 10/10
Disappearance of SH: 10/10 (But I only gave the TV-series 7/10 overall)
Magi: 9/10
Hataraku Maou Sama: 9/10
Kokoro Connect: 9/10
Love Live: 9/10
Tokyo Ghoul: 9/10

If you want any elaboration as to why I rated them as such, feel free to ask specifically (I'm pretty lazy to attach a reason to all 11). In a nutshell, though, I really like shows where I can relate to the characters and get a sensing of their emotions (be it despair, love, curiosity, whichever), and I'm a pretty big fan of smart protags and fantasy settings as well.
Jan 21, 2015 7:49 AM

Apr 2014
My List of 9s and 10s:

It kinda is a long list xD
Jan 21, 2015 9:01 AM

Oct 2014
5 Must watches you should start with:
Death Note
Code Geass
Gungrave
Full Metal Panic
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Jan 21, 2015 10:37 AM

Jul 2013
laverre said:
nice

What's nice?
Jan 21, 2015 10:45 AM

Jul 2013
FadeFrost said:
For me, my favourite few in order (with my personal ratings attached) are:

Clannad Series: 10/10
Ga Rei Zero: 10/10
Fate Zero: 10/10
Code Geass Series: 10/10
Hyouka: 10/10
Disappearance of SH: 10/10 (But I only gave the TV-series 7/10 overall)
Magi: 9/10
Hataraku Maou Sama: 9/10
Kokoro Connect: 9/10
Love Live: 9/10
Tokyo Ghoul: 9/10

If you want any elaboration as to why I rated them as such, feel free to ask specifically (I'm pretty lazy to attach a reason to all 11). In a nutshell, though, I really like shows where I can relate to the characters and get a sensing of their emotions (be it despair, love, curiosity, whichever), and I'm a pretty big fan of smart protags and fantasy settings as well.

Is Ga Rei Zero any good?
I already know Code Geass is good.
Hyouka looks good. I like mystery animes though.
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya looks good but why did you like it?
Magi was awesome. :D
I hear good things about "The Devil is a Part Timer."
Kokoro Connect looks quite good.
I don't like music anime. haha.
And Tokyo Ghoul wasn't bad. It just didn't feel complete and the story was lacking. It was okay. lol.
Jan 21, 2015 10:58 AM

Nov 2014
Toaru <3
Jan 21, 2015 10:58 AM

May 2012
Code Geass
Death Note
Kill La Kill (it is very similar to Gurren Lagann)
Another
Shiki
Nanatsu no Taizai (it is currently airing, and it similar to magi in some ways)
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu (one of the best currently airing anime)
Jan 21, 2015 4:05 PM

Jul 2013
Catastor said:
Toaru <3

I just looked up A Certain Magical Index and it looks like it has potential but many people said they are frustrated with the lack to capsulize on it.
Jan 21, 2015 4:09 PM

Jul 2013
thepath said:
Code Geass
Death Note
Kill La Kill (it is very similar to Gurren Lagann)
Another
Shiki
Nanatsu no Taizai (it is currently airing, and it similar to magi in some ways)
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu (one of the best currently airing anime)

I haven't seen Code Geass but I'll check it out.
I already seen Death Note, it's awesome!
Kill La Kill I haven't already seen. I wouldn't necessary say its similar to Gurren Lagann, though both are full of compact action and fun themes.
Another was pretty good.
I hear Shiki is about vampires and stuff but has some psychological feel to it as well.
The Seven Deadly Sins looks good.
Parasyte -the maxim-, I want to watch it but I'll wait until it finishes first.
Jan 21, 2015 4:15 PM

Jul 2013
Nefarious-Review said:
5 Must watches you should start with:
Death Note
Code Geass
Gungrave
Full Metal Panic
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

Death Note was awesome.
Code Geass I will definitely watch for sure.
Gungrave looks promising since Trigun was awesome.
Full Metal Panic! looks good, thanks.
I seen the first FMA, but I want to watch the new one since it follows the manga more closely.
Jan 21, 2015 4:21 PM

Jan 2015
I'm conservative with my ratings so few shows get a 9 or 10. The ones that are high are:

Fate/Zero (both seasons) 10
Ping Pong: The Animation 10
FMA 9
Monster 9

Jan 21, 2015 4:29 PM

Jul 2013
Mordresh said:
I'm conservative with my ratings so few shows get a 9 or 10. The ones that are high are:

FMA 9
Monster 9

Mordresh said:

FMA 9
Monster 9

I want to watch it but you have to watch Fate/Stay Night before Fate/Zero. lol. But Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) is better.
Why do so many people like PIng Pong? lol.
I will watch the new FMA.
I want to watch Monster. :D
Jan 21, 2015 5:02 PM

Jan 2015
dustinator1991 said:
Mordresh said:

FMA 9
Monster 9

Mordresh said:

FMA 9
Monster 9

I want to watch it but you have to watch Fate/Stay Night before Fate/Zero. lol. But Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) is better.
Why do so many people like PIng Pong? lol.
I will watch the new FMA.
I want to watch Monster. :D

1) Not really. Fate/Zero takes places 10 years before Fate/Stay Night. Both are A LOT different from one another and could be considered stand-alone adaptations. F/Z is the superior one.
2) I thought the same thing at first. Then I actually went and watch it instead of judging it by its cover or name. It's much more than just ping pong.
3) Both are good, but FMA is more mature than Brotherhood. Both take different routes halfway through the series. I liked FMA story better than Brotherhood's.
4) It's slow but manages to keep you hooked.

Jan 21, 2015 7:16 PM

Jul 2013
I actually talked to a lot of people and did some research. Fate/Zero needs to be watched after Fate/Stay Night because Fate/Zero uses a lot of references to Fate/Stay Night.

Really? More than just ping pong? I don't like sports anime. lol.

But Brotherhood follows the manga and is more understandable though I hear.

Really? How's the first episode of Monster without spoilers?
Jan 21, 2015 7:38 PM

Nov 2014
Fullmetal Alchemist BrotherHood
Cowboy Bebop
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012)
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
Fate/Zero
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Code Geass
Monster :
Tell if you want more.
Jan 21, 2015 7:48 PM

Jan 2015
dustinator1991 said:
I actually talked to a lot of people and did some research. Fate/Zero needs to be watched after Fate/Stay Night because Fate/Zero uses a lot of references to Fate/Stay Night.

Really? More than just ping pong? I don't like sports anime. lol.

But Brotherhood follows the manga and is more understandable though I hear.

Really? How's the first episode of Monster without spoilers?

Nah, it doesn't. Chronologically F/Z takes place 10 years before F/S N. How could F/Z reference something that hasn't even occurred yet? It makes no sense and whoever told you that probably didn't know what he was talking about.

Both FMA and Brotherhood are top-notch. I happened to enjoy FMA story a little bit more.

Don't really remember, but Monster is not something you judge based on one, two or three episodes. It's the bigger picture that's so good about this anime. It's has a huge, intertwined plot.

Jan 21, 2015 7:54 PM

Jul 2013
Mordresh said:

Nah, it doesn't. Chronologically F/Z takes place 10 years before F/S N. How could F/Z reference something that hasn't even occurred yet? It makes no sense and whoever told you that probably didn't know what he was talking about.

Both FMA and Brotherhood are top-notch. I happened to enjoy FMA story a little bit more.

Don't really remember, but Monster is not something you judge based on one, two or three episodes. It's the bigger picture that's so good about this anime. It's has a huge, intertwined plot.

If you watch Fate/Zero before Fate/Stay Night, you will be getting a lot of spoilers since Fate/Zero uses a lot of references to Fate/Stay Night. I know that Fate/Zero is a prequel to Fate/Zero Night. But sometimes that means nothing in the world of anime and how people design anime.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1286059
Go to the topic and you'll learn more about the anime of Fate. There are a total of 3 different adaptations of the anime, Fate.

You probably enjoyed FMA more because you watched it when you were younger so it has some nostalgia pull on you.

It sounds good. I love an good plot. It makes me very happy!
Jan 21, 2015 8:00 PM

Jan 2015
A series I'd recommend is Bakuman (Season 1,2,3). It's not action packed but it tells a good story if you're in the mood for something funny, exciting and Slice of Life with a satisfying ending
Jan 21, 2015 8:11 PM

Jan 2015
dustinator1991 said:
If you watch Fate/Zero before Fate/Stay Night, you will be getting a lot of spoilers since Fate/Zero uses a lot of references to Fate/Stay Night. I know that Fate/Zero is a prequel to Fate/Zero Night. But sometimes that means nothing in the world of anime and how people design anime.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1286059
Go to the topic and you'll learn more about the anime of Fate. There are a total of 3 different adaptations of the anime, Fate.

You probably enjoyed FMA more because you watched it when you were younger so it has some nostalgia pull on you.

It sounds good. I love an good plot. It makes me very happy!

If you watch Fate/Stay Night first, you will get some spoilers about Fate/Zero. If you watch F/Z first, you will get some spoilers about Fate/Stay Night. It makes much more sense to watch it chronologically. But like I said, both are almost stand-alone adaptations and differ greatly from one another.

Jan 21, 2015 8:38 PM

Sep 2014
I am depressed because I typed in a full length reply and it got deleted by a bug on MAL. Oh well, hope I can reproduce my initial reply.

dustinator1991 said:
FadeFrost said:
Snip

Is Ga Rei Zero any good?

In my mind, GRZ was amazing. It's definitely one of the best pieces I've ever watched. While it may not make much sense at first, and I put it off from ep 2 for awhile (You'll understand if you watch it), as the story unravels, it just makes so much sense and touches you so deeply. The story is amazing, the shock factor worked in a sense for me, the action scenes aren't overdone yet still have their impact, and their characters are extremely likeable (Even the one who can be considered a main antagonist in the show). The nuances in the show are great too, and though at the start seemingly 'meh', by the end I really felt ALOT by hearing the phrase "Will you kill someone you love because of love" and the song "Paradise Lost". Even the name of that song is so powerful if you fully appreciated GRZ. The gore is not for everybody though, and the SOL in the middle might be abit slow for people who don't like SOL in general. But other than that, I'd definitely recommend.

Hyouka looks good. I like mystery animes though.

Hyouka is one of those 'mystery' anime which doesn't fall conventionally under 'mystery'. If you're thinking of action-oriented or fantasy oriented mystery with a fair share of gore or dark secrets, Hyouka is not going to give you that. What it does do extremely well though, is take mundane situations and snatch your interest thinking about mundane or trivial things. That's what I liked about the series, really. KyoAni quality animation never hurts too :P You can check out my full review of Hyouka here if you're interested!
:http://myanimelist.net/myreviews.php?reviewid=164317

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya looks good but why did you like it?

to clarify, I don't like Melancholy. I like Disappearance. Melancholy to me was pretty average. You definitely have to watch it either way, because of a few reasons.

1. It's one of the biggest and most influential names out there, it's probably better to watch it just to say you liked or hated it.

2. It's important to help fully appreciate /understand Disappearance as well as NagatoYuki-chan coming out next season (Though not necassary).

That being said, I felt that it's age really stuck out for me. Melancholy is pretty old, and the difference in animation and art and even voice acting is pretty apparent, so it prevented me from fully appreciating it. I mean, compare Hyouka and Melancholy's first season, the difference is pretty huge coming from the same studio several years apart. Also, i watched it in chronological, which frankly, was a huge mistake because it made the finale lack impact. Stuff like that and the endless 8 are what detracted from my SH experience, I suppose. But with disappearance, most of those problems disappear. It ties up all the loose ends rather nicely and has a great story explaining everything in the tv series which wasn't. So that's why I like disappearance alot.

I hear good things about "The Devil is a Part Timer."
Kokoro Connect looks quite good.

These are basically just very FUN anime. They don't really have a purpose, but they're extremely fun to watch. Who doesn't want to see the devil and his hilarious attempts to conquer fast food dining? And kokoro connect puts the cast in some pretty hilarious situations as well. that being said, Kokoro connect can get a little dark as it explores the depths of the character, so it's not ALL fun and games. I enjoyed it greatly, though.

And Tokyo Ghoul wasn't bad. It just didn't feel complete and the story was lacking. It was okay. lol.

I definitely agree, but as a standalone I felt it did a great job nonetheless. I watched the anime before reading the manga, and I didn't really feel any of the problems which people talked about mostly because I didn't have to cross compare it to the original source like most people did. After watching, I went back to read, and sure, there were alot of nuances missed by the anime, but it's still a definitely good watch. In fact, I'd say there are areas the anime excelled at. Kaneki's relationship with Hinami, for example, I find is improved in the anime, and Yomo as a character is given slightly more attention. While some of the pacing and handling of inner monologue scenes might be a little worse, I felt both the anime and manga had their respective merits and shortcomings. That being said, I still could not in good conscience give it a 7-ish rating when I enjoyed it to that extent. Yep.

Happy anime watching :)

Editted: botched formatting
Jan 21, 2015 8:40 PM

Jul 2013
Mordresh said:

If you watch Fate/Stay Night first, you will get some spoilers about Fate/Zero. If you watch F/Z first, you will get some spoilers about Fate/Stay Night. It makes much more sense to watch it chronologically. But like I said, both are almost stand-alone adaptations and differ greatly from one another.

Did you even read what I said? lol. Did you go to the topic? It explains about the 3 different adaptions.
1) Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero
2) Heaven's Feel movies
3) Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV)

Those are the 3 different adaptions. Do you understand now?

Maloghurst said:

watching F/SN before F/Z gives maximum experience. there are plenty of people who don't care about spoilers and just want to see this multiverse in it's glory regardless. as long as they understand that F/Z is a prequel it tends not to be bothersome. do understand that Fate/stay night consists of 3 story routes and the characters have story spread across all 3. F/Z as a prequel has to cover story threads of all 3 routes in 1 go. so dont get surprised when certain characters are sidelines when it's not their route to shine in.
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1286059&show=540#zSETxQIXijAQyfoz.99

Insertanamehere said:

I feel the biggest problems with watching Zero first is that the source itself assumes you know Fate/Stay Night, so it leaves a few parts unexplained (like the ending) and dumps a few major spoilers for F/SN in the first episode itself.
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1286059&show=460#sO6jJfpu2dHLci7o.99
Jan 21, 2015 8:55 PM

Jan 2015
This isn't going anywhere and I'm not going to rewrite what I posted earlier. Watch in whichever order you want.

Jan 21, 2015 8:56 PM

Jul 2013
Mordresh said:
This isn't going anywhere and I'm not going to rewrite what I posted earlier. Watch in whichever order you want.

If you don't believe me or the people that have been watching anime longer than you, I am sorry for your loss. lol.
Jan 21, 2015 9:06 PM

Jan 2015
dustinator1991 said:
If you don't believe me or the people that have been watching anime longer than you, I am sorry for your loss. lol.

My loss? *scratches head*

Anyways, have fun watching them both. I'm not going to waste more time with someone that thought crap like Akame ga Kill or SAO were good -_-

Jan 21, 2015 9:28 PM

Jul 2013
Mordresh said:

My loss? *scratches head*

Anyways, have fun watching them both. I'm not going to waste more time with someone that thought crap like Akame ga Kill or SAO were good -_-

Yes, you loss, that is what I said. lol.

Waste time? How was Sword Art Online crap? It wasn't the best anime but nonetheless, it was good still. And Akame ga Kill had an good action plot. If you go into anime with expectations, of course you won't enjoy it.
Jan 22, 2015 1:11 AM

Oct 2012
Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal
Kareshi Kanojo No Jijou
Chobits
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
School Rumble
Azumanga Daioh
Great Teacher Onizuka
Gankutsuou
Air
Claymore
Mushishi
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Death Note
Berserk
Elfen Lied
Full Metal Panic!
Gungrave
Samurai Champloo
Angel Beats!
Clannad
Code Geass
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
Steins; Gate
Another
Naruto Shippuden
Mirai Nikki
Hellsing: Ultimate
Natsume Yūjin-chō
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Psycho-Pass
Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki
Shinsekai Yori
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Gintama
Ghost in the Shell: SAC
Shingeki No Kyojin
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
Gosick
No Game No Life
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

Jan 22, 2015 1:59 AM

Dec 2014
Fairy Tail
Log Horizon
Angel Beats
Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero
Jan 22, 2015 2:34 AM

Mar 2014
Some of my 10 list:

GITS
Akira
Cowboy bebop
Darkside blues (90'movie, gave it 10 because of the idea)
Death billiards
Death note
Elfen lied
GTO
Hotaru no Haka (grave of the fireflies)
Mardock scramble
Mawaru penguindrum (unique)
Mononoke (great artwork)
Monster
Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion
Paprika
Psycho-pass I
Sennen Joyuu (millenium actress)
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
Shinsekai yori
Trigun
Jan 22, 2015 5:25 AM

Apr 2014
Test_Subject said:
Fairy Tail
Log Horizon
Angel Beats
Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero
Skip FairyTail and you have a pretty enjoyable list.
Jan 22, 2015 1:13 PM

Apr 2014
Lemme just +1 Toaru Majutsu no Index, its sequel, and the movie of it.
Also, +1 Code Geass [esp. the ending. you will NOT find a better ending in the whole anime industry.]
+1 FMP - bad art though :(

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Fighting with NGNL for my all time #1 anime position. Absolute gold, esp. the later episodes.
Kore wa Zombie desu ka? - I gave both seasons and OVAs 9's. Great story, characters and art.
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu - Forever my #1 comedy

Im gonna list as few as possible here, if I post more its gonna be mixed in with some low-class crap.

Yeah, sorry if you've seen these, but I dont have a habit of checking people's lists unless they post the link as well lol

Hope it helped though
if you run you get faster to your location

have a nice day
- FALL3RE
Jan 23, 2015 5:57 AM

Jul 2013
BTBAM said:
Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal
Kareshi Kanojo No Jijou
Chobits
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
School Rumble
Azumanga Daioh
Great Teacher Onizuka
Gankutsuou
Air
Claymore
Mushishi
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Death Note
Berserk
Elfen Lied
Full Metal Panic!
Gungrave
Samurai Champloo
Angel Beats!
Clannad
Code Geass
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
Steins; Gate
Another
Naruto Shippuden
Mirai Nikki
Hellsing: Ultimate
Natsume Yūjin-chō
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Psycho-Pass
Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki
Shinsekai Yori
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Gintama
Ghost in the Shell: SAC
Shingeki No Kyojin
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
Gosick
No Game No Life
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

Wow, that's a big list. lol.
Jan 23, 2015 5:59 AM

Dec 2013
Watch Kaiba, Tatami Galaxy, Ping Pong the Animation.
Jan 26, 2015 4:58 PM

Jul 2013
robis798 said:
Watch Kaiba, Tatami Galaxy, Ping Pong the Animation.

Jan 26, 2015 5:00 PM
Sep 2014
Anime + Movies (alphabetic order)

.hack//Sign (Underrated)
Akira
Aria the Origination
Ashita no Joe + Ashita no Joe 2 (Epic shit. Underwatched)
Baccano!
Barakamon
Berserk (Read the manga as well)
Black Lagoon
Byousoku 5 Centimeter
Captain Harlock (movie)
Chihayafuru 1 + Chihayafuru 2
Code Geass R1/R2 (Overrated)
Cowboy Bebop + Movies
Cross Game (Underwatched)
Death Note
Dennou Coil
Detective Conan (more than 750 episodes. If you can't handle this many episodes, just watch the movies)
Ergo Proxy
Eureka Seven
Eve no Jikan
Fate/Zero + Stay Night series (http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1286059 - Check this if you are new to Fate) - I recommend you to read the VN
FLCL
Fullmetal Alchemist + Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Full Metal Panic! + The 2nd Raid
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex + 2nd GIG + Ghost in the Shell + Ghost in the Shell 2.0
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu + Movies (A legend of the anime medium. Maybe the greatest anime production in its history)
Gintama + Gintama' + Enchousen + Movies (Overrated)
Great Teacher Onizuka
Hachimitsu to Clover
Haibane Renmei
Haikyuu!!
Hajime no Ippo + New Challenger + Rising
Hellsing Ultimate (Hellsing is shit but this is better)
Howl no Ugoku Shiro
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
Jin-Rou
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) + Stardust Crusaders + SC 2nd season (don't need to watch the 2000 version)
Kaiba (Underwatched)
Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor + Kaiji Hakairoku Hen
Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu (Parasyte)
Kokoro Connect
Log Horizon + Log Horizon 2nd Season (1st season is better)
Macross + Macross: Do You Remember Love? (Underwatched)
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica + Movies (Overrated)
Mind Game (Underrated)
Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO + Mobile Suit Gundam + The 08th MS Team + 0080: War in the Pocket + 0083: Stardust Memory + Zeta Gundam + ZZ + Char's Counterattack + Unicorn + F91 + Victory
Monogatari Series (Overrated)
Mononoke
Mononoke Hime
Monster
Mushishi + Zoku Shou + ZS 2nd season
Nana
Neon Genesis Evangelion + Movies (Many people dislike this anime, but I recommend 100%. Best mecha + sci-fi)
NHK Ni Youkoso!
Nobunaga Concerto (Underrated and Underwatched)
Nodame Cantabile
One Outs
Ookami to Koushinryou + Ookami to Koushinryou 2
Perfect Blue
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Ping Pong The Animation (Best 2014 anime)
Planetes
Princess Tutu
Psycho-Pass (2nd season sucks)
Redline
Rose of Versailles
Rurouni Kenshin - Tsuiokuhen (Better than the TV series)
Samurai Champloo
Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi
Serial Experiments Lain (Underrated)
Sidonia no Kishi (Many people dislike this, but it's good)
Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis (Underrated)
Shingeki no Kyojin (Overrated)
Shinsekai Yori
Shoujo Kakumei Utena
Slam Dunk
Soul Eater
Steins;Gate + Movies
Stranger: Mukou Hadan
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan
Tenkuu no Escaflowne (Underrated)
Tenshi no Tamago (Underrated and Underwatched)
Texhnolyze (Underrated and Underwatched)
Tokyo Godfathers
Touch (Underwatched)
Trigun
Tsumiki no Ie
Turn A Gundam
Uchuu Kaizoku Captain Harlock
Uchuu Kyoudai
Uchuu Senkan Yamato (Underwatched)
Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 (Underwatched)
Usagi Drop
Violence Jack Movies (Underrated and Underwatched)
White Album 2
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei (Masterpiece)
Yu Yu Hakusho
LucasRTSJan 26, 2015 5:04 PM
Jan 26, 2015 5:07 PM

Jul 2013
LucasRTS said:
Anime + Movies (alphabetic order)

.hack//Sign (Underrated)
Akira
Aria the Origination
Ashita no Joe + Ashita no Joe 2 (Epic shit. Underwatched)
Baccano!
Barakamon
Berserk (Read the manga as well)
Black Lagoon
Byousoku 5 Centimeter
Captain Harlock (movie)
Chihayafuru 1 + Chihayafuru 2
Code Geass R1/R2 (Overrated)
Cowboy Bebop + Movies
Cross Game (Underwatched)
Death Note
Dennou Coil
Detective Conan (more than 750 episodes. If you can't handle this many episodes, just watch the movies)
Ergo Proxy
Eureka Seven
Eve no Jikan
Fate/Zero + Stay Night series (http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1286059 - Check this if you are new to Fate) - I recommend you to read the VN
FLCL
Fullmetal Alchemist + Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Full Metal Panic! + The 2nd Raid
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex + 2nd GIG + Ghost in the Shell + Ghost in the Shell 2.0
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu + Movies (A legend of the anime medium. Maybe the greatest anime production in its history)
Gintama + Gintama' + Enchousen + Movies (Overrated)
Great Teacher Onizuka
Hachimitsu to Clover
Haibane Renmei
Haikyuu!!
Hajime no Ippo + New Challenger + Rising
Hellsing Ultimate (Hellsing is shit but this is better)
Howl no Ugoku Shiro
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
Jin-Rou
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) + Stardust Crusaders + SC 2nd season (don't need to watch the 2000 version)
Kaiba (Underwatched)
Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor + Kaiji Hakairoku Hen
Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu (Parasyte)
Kokoro Connect
Log Horizon + Log Horizon 2nd Season (1st season is better)
Macross + Macross: Do You Remember Love? (Underwatched)
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica + Movies (Overrated)
Mind Game (Underrated)
Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO + Mobile Suit Gundam + The 08th MS Team + 0080: War in the Pocket + 0083: Stardust Memory + Zeta Gundam + ZZ + Char's Counterattack + Unicorn + F91 + Victory
Monogatari Series (Overrated)
Mononoke
Mononoke Hime
Monster
Mushishi + Zoku Shou + ZS 2nd season
Nana
Neon Genesis Evangelion + Movies (Many people dislike this anime, but I recommend 100%. Best mecha + sci-fi)
NHK Ni Youkoso!
Nobunaga Concerto (Underrated and Underwatched)
Nodame Cantabile
One Outs
Ookami to Koushinryou + Ookami to Koushinryou 2
Perfect Blue
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Ping Pong The Animation (Best 2014 anime)
Planetes
Princess Tutu
Psycho-Pass (2nd season sucks)
Redline
Rose of Versailles
Rurouni Kenshin - Tsuiokuhen (Better than the TV series)
Samurai Champloo
Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi
Serial Experiments Lain (Underrated)
Sidonia no Kishi (Many people dislike this, but it's good)
Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis (Underrated)
Shingeki no Kyojin (Overrated)
Shinsekai Yori
Shoujo Kakumei Utena
Slam Dunk
Soul Eater
Steins;Gate + Movies
Stranger: Mukou Hadan
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan
Tenkuu no Escaflowne (Underrated)
Tenshi no Tamago (Underrated and Underwatched)
Texhnolyze (Underrated and Underwatched)
Tokyo Godfathers
Touch (Underwatched)
Trigun
Tsumiki no Ie
Turn A Gundam
Uchuu Kaizoku Captain Harlock
Uchuu Kyoudai
Uchuu Senkan Yamato (Underwatched)
Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 (Underwatched)
Usagi Drop
Violence Jack Movies (Underrated and Underwatched)
White Album 2
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei (Masterpiece)
Yu Yu Hakusho

Wow, that is a lot! :D

Thank you.
Jan 26, 2015 5:20 PM
May 2014
Here is my personal list of 9s and 10s:

10s
-Monster
-Evangelion and End of Evangelion
-Habane Renmei
-Hunter x Hunter(2011) (This is more of a personal preference, objectively, HxH is more of a 8~9)
9s
-Kaguya-Hime no Monogatari
-Tatami Galaxy
-Ping Pong The animation
-Planetes
-NHK ni Youkoso
-Entirety of Mushishi
-Season 1 of Kaiji
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jan 26, 2015 5:24 PM

Jul 2013
kikohunter said:

10s
-Monster
-Habane Renmei
-Hunter x Hunter(2011) (This is more of a personal preference, objectively, HxH is more of a 8~9)
9s
-Tatami Galaxy
-Ping Pong The animation
-Planetes
-NHK ni Youkoso
-Entirety of Mushishi
-Season 1 of Kaiji

I will check those out!
Thanks!

By the way, NHK ni Youkoso, what's your opinion on it?
Jan 26, 2015 5:30 PM
May 2014
dustinator1991 said:
kikohunter said:

10s
-Monster
-Habane Renmei
9s
-Tatami Galaxy
-Ping Pong The animation
-Planetes
-NHK ni Youkoso
-Entirety of Mushishi
-Season 1 of Kaiji

I will check those out!
Thanks!

By the way, NHK ni Youkoso, what's your opinion on it?

If you were a NEET or are one right now, this will make you cry and rethink your life. Other than that it's a well put series with a great OST. The main focus is on a NEET in his 20s struggling against his addictions and fears, it explores many themes and its portrayal of NEETs is spot on.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Chuunibyou recs?

askeroot - Yesterday

10 by UltimateAnime17 »»
2 hours ago

» I want a unique experience

Rabnawaz2 - Yesterday

10 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
5 hours ago

» NEED incest manga/manhua anything recommendations

Introvert_ShutIN - 7 hours ago

2 by Huskyhulk »»
6 hours ago

» Manga similar in tone and themes to Fear & Hunger, the videogame?

ninja666 - Jun 17

2 by ninja666 »»
10 hours ago

» What's the best hentai plot ever?

isseixkoneko - Yesterday

2 by Zarutaku »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.