Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 18, 2014 10:55 AM
May 2012
Is it cause of her character model, or sadistic/tsundere, dominant personality or something else? Character model wise, i say Chealsea, Akame, Leone would be better looking. For personality, I like submissive girls more, so idk if that's the case. The question for you guys is, why do you think she's so charismatic, if she is?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 18, 2014 11:36 AM

Oct 2013
Well... To be honest, if she didn't have any romantic interest for the main character, then I don't think I would like her that much.If she was sadistic all the time, without showing a cute side of her, I probably wouldn't really have liked her, but since I've seen the cute side of her, I like her. :3 It also gives her character more depth, and it also shows that she can care for others not just the main character but her comrades, for example when she gave a family member money for the lost of Bols. If she was all evil I wouldn't like her that much, because she would be to me a one dimensional character.
Jul 18, 2014 12:58 PM
Jan 2014
supreme-kser said:
Is it cause of her character model, or sadistic/tsundere, dominant personality or something else? Character model wise, i say Chealsea, Akame, Leone would be better looking. For personality, I like submissive girls more, so idk if that's the case. The question for you guys is, why do you think she's so charismatic, if she is?

I like Main, Akame and Chelsea way way more than Esdesu (starting to dislike her as of late ), so I don't really get it either how she ended up being the most popular character of the show.
Jul 18, 2014 1:01 PM

Jul 2014
Everyone has their own beauty standards. IMO I think she is very attractive - Long legs, a curvy body like a race car supermodel, exotic eyes with an icey cold stare and a seductively drawn mouth.

She has an elegant and feminine side to her in contrast with her brutal nature. This Yin and yang creates the perfect push and pull to yank on a guy's collar.

Unless she really has any human emotions within her though, I don't think I could move past infatuation with her. I disagree with people who think she has a soft side for her subordinates. She has stated that if you treat them nicely, they will fight harder for you in battle. Sounds something like a sociopath would say about his "tools." Look at Senryuu. She's easily manipulable and everyone took advantage of that. I doubt she (Esdese) mourned for her death.

Akame may not have the sex appeal to Esdese's level to me, but her love for her comrades are unmistakably genuine. She's someone I can empathize with as a human. In the long run, I think Akame is someone who I will be loving more and consistently.
crunchytacoJul 18, 2014 1:05 PM
[center]

Jul 21, 2014 5:52 AM

Nov 2012
I like her because of her aggressiveness towards Tatsumi. And every fight she's in just ends up being epic. I like girls that don't hesitate to show their love. I probably like Kurome more though.
Jul 21, 2014 5:53 AM
Aug 2012
Because she's a hot villain who likes the protagonist.
Jul 21, 2014 5:59 AM

Jan 2013
Gekishin said:
Because she's a hot villain who likes the protagonist.

This win LuLz.

But seriously though, its kinda because of that Tatsumi only view Cute side of her ? I guess

"We are Anonymous, We are Legion, We do not forgive, We do not Forget, Expect Us."

Jul 21, 2014 6:08 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
"To be honest, if she didn't have any romantic interest for the main character, then I don't think I would like her that much.If she was sadistic all the time, without showing a cute side of her, I probably wouldn't really have liked her, but since I've seen the cute side of her, I like her. :3 It also gives her character more depth, and it also shows that she can care for others not just the main character but her comrades, for example when she gave a family member money for the lost of Bols. If she was all evil I wouldn't like her that much, because she would be to me a one dimensional character."
I think this said it all! It is not that Esdeath is the main reason I read this, but she is indeed one of many great reasons I read this, and IMO one of the most interessing cute yet brutal characters in the story.
Jul 21, 2014 6:08 AM
Jan 2014
I was neutral about her up to this point, but I hate her after this chapter. Because of her, Rabac is dying and Main might also die. ( She is gonna be responsible for my Top 2 characters, I really hope she dies gruesomely by Tatsumi's hands )
Jul 21, 2014 6:19 AM

Sep 2011
Because she is awesome ;) She is a Psychopath, but she does care for the people close to her. Also she can be extremely cute.
Joker_CodeJul 21, 2014 1:43 PM
Jul 21, 2014 6:49 AM
Mar 2010
I like her cause I want break her no seriously imagine a got women like that with a sadistic attitude breaking oh so sweet.
Jul 21, 2014 6:54 AM

Feb 2014
keragamming said:
Well... To be honest, if she didn't have any romantic interest for the main character, then I don't think I would like her that much.If she was sadistic all the time, without showing a cute side of her, I probably wouldn't really have liked her, but since I've seen the cute side of her, I like her. :3 It also gives her character more depth, and it also shows that she can care for others not just the main character but her comrades, for example when she gave a family member money for the lost of Bols. If she was all evil I wouldn't like her that much, because she would be to me a one dimensional character.

This is exactly why I love Esdeath. It's a shame the author is unlikely to have Tatsumi develop feelings for her, because the starcrossed lovers thing is my favorite. Instead I am afraid she is going to go hardcore yandere and that would be wasted potential.

I am still going to be team Esdeath either way
Jul 21, 2014 8:17 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I like Esdese because

1. She is fucking hawt

2. I lover her personality, whereas she's battle hungry/blood thirsty and ruthless, but at the same time she has a nicer/caring side to her as well

3. Yandere's....I love them from the bottom of my heart lol

4. She's the ultimate female badass

5. She is just so damn OP xDD ( I like most OP characters in everything I watch/read)
Jul 21, 2014 9:01 AM
Feb 2013
Because shippers are insane.
Jul 21, 2014 9:12 AM

Apr 2010
Who doesn't want to be completed dominated by a sexy, hardcore sadist?
Jul 21, 2014 9:20 AM
Feb 2013
Most properly functioning people. Or at least anyone with a functioning moral compass and a shred of integrity.

She's a sociopath.

If a person can turn a blind eye to it all because she is attractive then that speaks volumes of someone's priorities and shortcomings.
Jul 21, 2014 9:43 AM

Jul 2014
MasaneX said:
I was neutral about her up to this point, but I hate her after this chapter. Because of her, Rabac is dying and Main might also die. ( She is gonna be responsible for my Top 2 characters, I really hope she dies gruesomely by Tatsumi's hands )

It wasn't her idea to trap the two. She just happened to be in the right place at the wrong time for Rabak.
[center]

Jul 21, 2014 10:19 AM
Jan 2014
Kurokolist said:
Most properly functioning people. Or at least anyone with a functioning moral compass and a shred of integrity.

She's a sociopath.

If a person can turn a blind eye to it all because she is attractive then that speaks volumes of someone's priorities and shortcomings.

^ This.
Jul 21, 2014 10:19 AM

Sep 2011
crunchytaco said:
MasaneX said:

It wasn't her idea to trap the two. She just happened to be in the right place at the wrong time for Rabak.

Not only that but the one to blame is Tatsumi, he failed to confirm that Suzuka was dead because he wanted to rush to Mein. If it wasn't for that they wouldn't have I.D. Rabac and Tatsumi. Mein dying at Esdese's hands is once again Tatsumi's fault because he didn't keep his mouth shut and just pretend to get along with Esdese in the latest chapter.

OT:

I like Esdese for a variety of reasons. One of the biggest reasons is the fact that they didn't give her some dark animu past to explain why she is such a sadist. She just is! Drinking that Teigu didn't make her more perverse, in fact the Teigu accepted her already existing personality. She tamed it, not the other way around. She's a character that no matter what she does I can't bring myself to hate. She's just fun, she reminds me of a more sadistic version of Revy.
Jul 21, 2014 10:20 AM
Jan 2014
crunchytaco said:
MasaneX said:

Doesn't change the fact that she is the one who kicked them back when they had escaped. In other words, hadn't she done that, Rabac would be alive and with both ... you know.

She IS responsible for which side she's fighting for.
Jul 21, 2014 10:21 AM
Feb 2013
This is kind of what everyone should see whenever Esdese is on panel.

http://imgur.com/C8Aim7w

The monster within.
Jul 21, 2014 10:23 AM
Jan 2014
Fullmetal89 said:
crunchytaco said:

Not only that but the one to blame is Tatsumi, he failed to confirm that Suzuka was dead because he wanted to rush to Mein. If it wasn't for that they wouldn't have I.D. Rabac and Tatsumi. Mein dying at Esdese's hands is once again Tatsumi's fault because he didn't keep his mouth shut and just pretend to get along with Esdese in the latest chapter.

OT:

I like Esdese for a variety of reasons. One of the biggest reasons is the fact that they didn't give her some dark animu past to explain why she is such a sadist. She just is! Drinking that Teigu didn't make her more perverse, in fact the Teigu accepted her already existing personality. She tamed it, not the other way around. She's a character that no matter what she does I can't bring myself to hate. She's just fun, she reminds me of a more sadistic version of Revy.

He did well rushing to Main's rescue. Saving an ally has higher priority than finishing off an enemy. Although he should've returned there after saving her to double check.
Gotta mention that he did think she is dead.

As for Esdesu, I can't not hate someone with that personality.
Jul 21, 2014 10:30 AM

Feb 2014
Kurokolist said:
This is kind of what everyone should see whenever Esdese is on panel.

http://imgur.com/C8Aim7w

The monster within.

more like:

NSFW
Jul 21, 2014 10:38 AM
Mar 2013
shes cool but i hate carachters like her ^^ shes cool to be the antagonist IMO
Jul 21, 2014 11:05 AM

May 2014
Because everybody likes their "crazy" obsessive yandere, oh and she' the supposed antagonist which gives her ++ to rule of cool.

Who needs compelling human characters when you just need a your hot girl to like the MC and the shippers will do the rest.
Jul 21, 2014 11:11 AM

Apr 2014
I really started to like her character when she started to fall for Tatsumi. She's pretty damn hot and has a good side of her when she's with Tatsumi. :D
Jul 21, 2014 11:12 AM
Feb 2013
Basically, last words of wisdom I'll impart on this forum for the month will be this age old adage:

http://imgur.com/gallery/bd1zjgO
Jul 21, 2014 11:25 AM
Jan 2014
Zeus97 said:
I really started to like her character when she started to fall for Tatsumi. She's pretty damn hot and has a good side of her when she's with Tatsumi. :D

I personally think Chelsea, Main and Akame are hotter. Others are good always, she has good side only with Tatsumi/Subordinates.
Jul 21, 2014 12:01 PM

Apr 2014
MasaneX said:
I personally think Chelsea, Main and Akame are hotter. Others are good always, she has good side only with Tatsumi/Subordinates.

Nah. Mein? She looks like a little girl to me. haha
Akame and Chelsea are hot, and I think Akame and Esdese are both evenly hot. :)

Ah yes, her subordinates. Yeah, she is nice to them as well. :)
Jul 21, 2014 12:02 PM

Mar 2012
To be honest I don't like her, but her teigu is truly awesome.
Jul 21, 2014 12:14 PM

Feb 2014
Zeus97 said:
MasaneX said:

Mein has a hot body in the anime that is slightly unfitting
Jul 22, 2014 8:27 PM

Apr 2014
Feyfray said:
Zeus97 said:

LOL You mean the scene where Tatsumi goes into her room to wake her up? Yeah, that was surprising. xD
Jul 22, 2014 10:19 PM

May 2012
I think it has to do with the way she's presented. If she was shown to be a loving commander first and then revealed to be a sadistic torturing bitch then she would be hated like all the other two faced imperial officials.

But since she was shown to be a complete sadist first, and then revealed to be more sympathetic, people get to attached to her in a weird Stockholm syndrome way.
Jul 22, 2014 10:47 PM

Jul 2014
Zeus97 said:
Feyfray said:

LOL You mean the scene where Tatsumi goes into her room to wake her up? Yeah, that was surprising. xD

All the lolicons were barfing in their mouths at that sight.
[center]

Jul 23, 2014 1:30 AM

Feb 2014
crunchytaco said:
Zeus97 said:

All the lolicons were barfing in their mouths at that sight.

"Wait, she ISN'T built like a 10 year old? Fuck this, i'm out."
Jul 23, 2014 1:39 AM

Sep 2013
I loath her because she only act on whims... her moral sense is twisted to a core level and she basically can't differentiate between right and wrong. Even if she's good to her subordinate she's still an evil person (without a good reason) beyond any hope of redemption.
In the other hand wave is the best character in this manga for me. I'd really like to see his reaction when he knows the truth about the empire he serves.
Jul 23, 2014 1:57 AM

Feb 2014
annie_leonheart said:
I loath her because she only act on whims... her moral sense is twisted to a core level and she basically can't differentiate between right and wrong. Even if she's good to her subordinate she's still an evil person (without a good reason) beyond any hope of redemption.
In the other hand wave is the best character in this manga for me. I'd really like to see his reaction when he knows the truth about the empire he serves.

Wave can't really be defended either. It would be literally impossible not to recognize the "truth" about the empire if he is in a position like that, save serious denial. There have been several scenes where he sort of questions what he is doing, but he writes it off and does it anyway. I like Wave, I just don't think he should be any kind of moral compass for this show because his denial is just as bad as anything.
Jul 23, 2014 2:38 AM

Sep 2013
Feyfray said:

Wave can't really be defended either. It would be literally impossible not to recognize the "truth" about the empire if he is in a position like that, save serious denial. There have been several scenes where he sort of questions what he is doing, but he writes it off and does it anyway. I like Wave, I just don't think he should be any kind of moral compass for this show because his denial is just as bad as anything.

Can't argue with you on the denial part, I always thought he was acting "oblivious"... Still he's a soldier following his superiors orders he didn't commit evil acts ( he's not even a NR target).
If he come into contact with let's say... najenda I'm sure she can put him into the right path.
Jul 23, 2014 3:46 AM

Feb 2014
annie_leonheart said:
Feyfray said:

Can't argue with you on the denial part, I always thought he was acting "oblivious"... Still he's a soldier following his superiors orders he didn't commit evil acts ( he's not even a NR target).
If he come into contact with let's say... najenda I'm sure she can put him into the right path.

I agree. I kind of felt like Wave and Tatsumi would have some kind of secret bond since they are so similar, but I doubt Wave is going to be able to forgive Night Raid after Kurome finally kicks it. I think Wave is more likely to turn evil (or a serious rival for Tatsumi) than convert to Night Raid, though, just a feeling.
Jul 23, 2014 4:15 AM
Jun 2014
I like Esdese/Esdeath because well, she's a psychopath.
AND I LOVE PSYCHOS XD *Yuno Gasai<3
Jul 23, 2014 8:35 AM

Sep 2011
Feyfray said:
annie_leonheart said:

I agree. I kind of felt like Wave and Tatsumi would have some kind of secret bond since they are so similar, but I doubt Wave is going to be able to forgive Night Raid after Kurome finally kicks it. I think Wave is more likely to turn evil (or a serious rival for Tatsumi) than convert to Night Raid, though, just a feeling.

Wave is like the Suzaku of this manga.
Jul 23, 2014 9:54 AM

Apr 2014
annie_leonheart said:

I have a feeling he'll join Night Raid. I wouldn't mind if that happens. He's one of my favorite characters as well. I hope he doesn't get killed off soon.
Jul 23, 2014 10:38 AM

Jul 2014
docbop said:

Meh, Yuno lost her psyco-ness at the end. I would've been happier if she kept her craziness and lived in that dark hole with Yuki for eternity. Waking up to those eyes of insanity every morning sure would be heaven.
[center]

Jul 23, 2014 10:41 AM

Feb 2014
crunchytaco said:
docbop said:

Meh, Yuno lost her psyco-ness at the end. I would've been happier if she kept her craziness and lived in that dark hole with Yuki for eternity. Waking up to those eyes of insanity every morning sure would be heaven.

Jul 23, 2014 10:55 AM

Jul 2014
Feyfray said:
crunchytaco said:

Thanks, I'm going to use that to fall asleep tonight.
[center]

Jul 23, 2014 1:39 PM

Mar 2013
Shes a badass
Jul 25, 2014 3:25 AM

Dec 2013
No idea, I hate the bitch.
Jul 25, 2014 4:38 AM

Aug 2013
Esdese is fucking overrated
Jul 25, 2014 6:36 AM
Jul 2014
She's so cute
Jul 25, 2014 9:45 AM

Mar 2014
Gotta love a woman in uniform.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IdentityAngel - Jan 14, 2014

81 by James-LastOmnic »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.