Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 8, 2009 1:17 PM
Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well... at least it ended with something promising

I'm not fond of Kishi's idea of associating the Sharingan and Rinnegan together <_< It's like he wants to make those eyes overpowered

Oh, and Sasuke getting sucked into Madara was so weird lol
radiantfireOct 8, 2009 1:21 PM
Oct 8, 2009 2:06 PM

May 2008
Kishimoto's weird-ass fanboy obsession with those hax eyes no longer surprise me in the least.

I'm a little bit disappointed about how mundane Madara's plan was though - evil villain = obsession to take over the world. Tch. How predictable.

I am looking forward to the war though X9
Oct 8, 2009 2:09 PM

Mar 2009
I tought the Rinnegan and Sharingan already had some connection, can't really remember now. >_<

Madara's plan wasn't that original, but surely matches a megalomaniacal villain!

Lol at the Raikage being pissed with his brother.
I wasn't expecting Naruto to become depressed after talking with Madara, but I guess he does need to think about what he was told and what he should do next.

Oct 8, 2009 2:16 PM

Feb 2009
I was not expecting that but it tied together a lot of things in the story even though kishimoto went through such a round about way to get here. Hopefully, this will lead to a more focused story but i doubt it.

Oct 8, 2009 2:32 PM

Mar 2008
wow this ch. was exciting! i mean how many years in the making did it take to get to this point. i feel like i can see this series ending after this ark.

" Only God can judge me" - Tupac
Oct 8, 2009 2:34 PM

Sep 2008
I lol'd at Zabuza and Haku.

For some reason, I really like Gaara having a prominent voice as a Kage, makes him seem... grown up.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2009 3:21 PM

Aug 2007
So the conclusion of the next arc and the end of part 2 is most likely Naruto vs Sasuke part 3. How are they gonna kill him though? It's like he ate Sasuke lol.
Oct 8, 2009 3:30 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
nate23nate23 said:
wow this ch. was exciting! i mean how many years in the making did it take to get to this point. i feel like i can see this series ending after this ark.
exactly!!

i think when we next see Sasuke and Karin it'll be full of lols.
and I can't wait to see what Sakura will say to Naruto!
p r o f i l e 👀
Oct 8, 2009 3:43 PM

Aug 2007
So it seems that Naruto has become a combination of Eva, Gurren Lagann, and Gantz

Oct 8, 2009 4:09 PM

Apr 2009
So Sasuke and Karin are chilling in another diminsion. She better not try anything with him. >:[. Raikage finally hears that Killer Bee is out on vacation and Gaara is being awesome as usual. So here comes the 4th World War.

Sakura, Sai, Kiba, and Lee! I havent seen or heard from Kiba and Lee for awhile. <333

So im sure it could end after this ark, but i still have some questions. What about Kabuchimaru? What about Hinata's confession?!
Oct 8, 2009 5:11 PM

Jul 2009
Eh the plot is advancing..now that's good to hear
I wanna see The Ten Tails at least once
Oct 8, 2009 5:22 PM
Jul 2018
It is getting weirder and weirder with each chapter but it has an element of interest which forces you to keep on reading
Oct 8, 2009 5:29 PM
Jul 2018
So Basically Chef Madara is preparing a dish so that he can eat it and get the ultimate power. But 2 ingredients are hard to get so he's asked his underlings to get them for him even if they have to kill each other
Oct 8, 2009 5:40 PM

Jul 2008
decent chapter...Madara wants to take over the world oh how did I not see that coming? =p

So to sum up this chapter...
1. Madara wants to be the moon
2. Raikage finds out that Killer Bee is on vacation
3. Naruto is still in his depressed I want to save Saucegay but I don't know how mood.
4. Unconcious Saucegay and annoying Karin get sucked into another dimension alone....Rape time? xD

Oct 8, 2009 5:48 PM

Jan 2009
I was impressed, very good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2009 6:09 PM

Jul 2008
10tails... world domination... and 4th ninja world war?! this is just too much at once
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 8, 2009 6:09 PM

May 2007
AddictedToAnime said:
3. Naruto is still in his depressed I want to save Saucegay but I don't know how mood.
4. Unconcious Saucegay and annoying Karin get sucked into another dimension alone....Rape time? xD

Lol, I think you hit the nail on the coffin with that summary.

Man, to be honest, I don't really know what to think. On one hand, I'm a bit excited at the prospect of the whole fused tailed beasts thing. However, it sounds kind of a last minute put together plot. I guess we'll find out in time how things play out.

And really, why does Madara have to explain his plan of world domination to everyone? What's the point? It makes much more sense (and more realistic) if he didn't. Well, whatever. Let's see what Kishi has in store for us now.
Oct 8, 2009 6:26 PM

Dec 2007
So... you just felt the need to have a villain's exposition, huh Madara? Just couldn't keep your mouth shut? Naaa that'd make too much sense.
Oct 8, 2009 6:42 PM

Jul 2008
vindemon64 said:

And really, why does Madara have to explain his plan of world domination to everyone? What's the point? It makes much more sense (and more realistic) if he didn't. Well, whatever. Let's see what Kishi has in store for us now.

of course the villain has to tell everyone their plan..it has always been done since the beginning of time you know you can't possibly have a villain who doesn't carry out their world domination plan w/o having to blabbing it to somebody so they can come up with a way to stop him

Oct 8, 2009 7:40 PM

Jun 2009
AddictedToAnime said:
vindemon64 said:

And really, why does Madara have to explain his plan of world domination to everyone?

of course the villain has to tell everyone their plan..it has always been done since the beginning of time

well the reason he told it to their faces is that it changes nothing to what he has been doing - collecting bijuus. so knowing his motivation won't do a thing. at least he has a plan, and though the 'ultimate genjutsu' idea is crappy, the backstory was nice.

things I didn't like:
1. karin was annoying as ever.
2. all the suspense leading to madara's abilities was nullified when he blatantly started showing off like it was nothing.
3. kages should be more surprised that madara is still alive
4. why does the ten-tails have those retarded eyes?
5. what about the byakugan?
6. naruto's growth is being destroyed by his newfound emoness

things I did like:
1. seeing old faces
2. madara actually expecting the beast to do anything
3. some props to Killerbee
4. this manga is ending
5. the revelations fit too well with my long lost scenario about the epically (lame) naruto v. sasuke fight, at the end of which sasuke discovers he loved naruto all along, and saves him from the big bad villain (tobi in this case). then sasuke gives naruto his eyes and with the bijuu unleashed upon konoha, naruto activates the long lost ninjutsu by combining the two bloodlines, saving the village. however he dies in his attempt, as the villages honors him as their seventh (?) and last hokage. sasuke becomes the leader of konoha, but since the hero naruto finally brought peace, there is no need for ninja villages anymore. of course sasuke and sakura live happily ever after.
Oct 8, 2009 7:51 PM
Jun 2009
I loved this chapter. It was like a book to read! I'm excited to see what happens next.
Oct 8, 2009 8:42 PM
Sep 2007
Fourth ninja war, eh?

It was bound to happen.
Oct 8, 2009 9:58 PM

Jan 2009
Meh even though it was pretty predictable it was still a good chapter. I really enjoyed Tobi's(Since i don't know how to spell his real name and i don't feel like looking it up) plan.
Oct 8, 2009 11:00 PM
Nov 2007
needs less fail sasuke and more win sage naruto.

also. i wish naruto made it to the kage meeting, so that we won't waste a chapter or 5 in order to get the news to him and his little squad. meh
Oct 8, 2009 11:35 PM

Nov 2007
The way he spelled it out was a bit nonsensical who just spills all the information on their master plan like that T_T? It's like the mangaka tried to hit us with as much of the story as possible in one go without much consideration for finer elements, also the story seemed somewhat predictable =/ super beast joining of nine beasts and it's also revealed that Madara can only bend the time space continuum but not do anything himself.
Oct 8, 2009 11:51 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing chapter,finally we got what we wanted,a explanation of the whole twist(and another one of course).Although they should've divide this in 2 chapters (to make things more clear),it still remains one of the best.Good job,Kishimoto!^^
Oct 9, 2009 12:12 AM

Oct 2008
AddictedToAnime said:
decent chapter...Madara wants to take over the world oh how did I not see that coming? =p

My summary of the chap right here.

leeree said:
So... you just felt the need to have a villain's exposition, huh Madara? Just couldn't keep your mouth shut? Naaa that'd make too much sense.

..and this.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Oct 9, 2009 12:16 AM

Jan 2008
I'm really, really trying to still like this manga series. It's just so hard.

Nice for the main villain to go on and on like a Bond film villain and telling everyone about his plan like they have no chance at stopping him.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Oct 9, 2009 12:18 AM

Jan 2009
epic chapter!!
"Ω ξείν', αγγέλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις, ότι τήδε κείμεθα τοις κείνων ρήμασι πειθόμενοι"

Oct 9, 2009 12:48 AM
Sep 2009
What really everybody should be wondering is..

What did his fight with shodai hokage do to him that was so bad that he said he wasnt even the same?

I wanna see that fight!!!
Oct 9, 2009 12:56 AM

Dec 2007
Well that was an interesting chapter, we now know Madara's though it is a bit out there >_>, also forth ninja war is starting so that should be slightly interesting.
Oct 9, 2009 1:04 AM

Oct 2007
kevin_video said:
I'm really, really trying to still like this manga series. It's just so hard.

I second that.

This chapter not only ruined the manga even more, since the story was so fucked up, but it also took "fucked up" to a new level, as never seen before.

It deserves a prize! Most retarded plot ever made!
Oct 9, 2009 1:56 AM

Jan 2009
When Madara announced the 4th ninja war I was thinking "This looks like the advertisement for a brand new Naruto game".

And what's with Madara's "I want to use mass genjutsu" on the world plan. There should at least be a reason for wanting to unify the world. In the first place Madara isn't even a victim of war, therefore it seemed just like "Oh I'm the major villain in Naruto, so I should aim to take over the world" kind of reason.

Madara should take lessons from other major villains: Never aim to take over the world and ALWAYS keep your mouth shut.
Oct 9, 2009 1:58 AM

Aug 2008
Time for War, alright, so Juubi is the M-F big boss ehh, nice to see the revelation that the Rikudo Sinnin dude was the 10th Ju.....

that Juubi's eyes is just the Rinningan mixed with Sharringan, there 9 spiral dots representing the 9 beasts, and 1 in the middle himself, so eye makes seance

with to see more of the 4 man team and Nauto now, to much that side, now want this side.
Oct 9, 2009 2:12 AM

Jul 2008
holy fudging shoot that was awesome, Naruto just shitted on Bleach. Quote me if you want.
Oct 9, 2009 2:38 AM

Jun 2009
Naruto is gettting more and more confusing each chapter *sigh*
But netherless it was an okay chapter.
Oct 9, 2009 2:39 AM

Jun 2009
hJ said:
It is getting weirder and weirder with each chapter but it has an element of interest which forces you to keep on reading
Oct 9, 2009 2:48 AM

Jan 2009
I dream that in next chapters there will be only bloodshed and less bubbles, cause I'm not sure if it's still shounen. Madara was very dissapointing. Couldn't he come up with something more twisted! And couldn't he stay shut up... World War the fourth )))) Great! Kill them all
Oct 9, 2009 2:59 AM

Jul 2008
kevin_video said:
I'm really, really trying to still like this manga series. It's just so hard.quote]
I second this now that the plot just took a *WTF turn*
Oct 9, 2009 3:06 AM

Feb 2009
Okay.. so he basically started the 4th world war here... But the only factions I can see here are Madara and everyone else... So its pretty much just him against the world, I do believe that in the previous wars there were x nr of ninja countries vs x nr of ninja countries, which makes this feel kinda wrong to scale up to the same level.. But indeed everyone are involved, and madara is frigging OP so I guess its okay.
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Oct 9, 2009 3:17 AM
Jun 2009
sup Madara.

Oct 9, 2009 3:19 AM

Oct 2008
Finally, we know the plan of Akatsuki! About time! XD

Love the decleration of war, this is gonna be awesome!
Oct 9, 2009 3:23 AM

Aug 2008
Arc_ said:
sup Madara.

ROFL at this. XD

PLease dont compare Ozzy to that moron.
Oct 9, 2009 3:44 AM

Jul 2007
SO yeah, lets make Madara explain his entire plan for the lulz while acting like a fool.

And yes, I called turning Moon into a sharingan.

Oh and lets introduce a whole bullshit new tailed beast! how smart!

1/5
Oct 9, 2009 4:14 AM

Nov 2008
Lolwut Karin and Sasuke were sucked by the mask!

Well they just seat and calmly talk and Madara is exposing all of his plan for no reason apparent (or apparently he just wanted to convince them, what a silly way to act). That was a whole exposition chapter, Beatnik'd say.

But the moon tale was kinda interesting and once again Kishimoto show how he can do a good use of the japanese mythological.

Now the 4th war has begin what's up next? And I wonder what would be Madara's army since most of the members of Akatsuke have been killed...
Oct 9, 2009 4:20 AM

Apr 2009
Well. Its happened. If there was any doubt before that this was going to be the same old shounen as anything that has been spewed out for the past 5 years, you should take it back.
Oct 9, 2009 4:21 AM

May 2009
Fai said:
SO yeah, lets make Madara explain his entire plan for the lulz while acting like a fool.

And yes, I called turning Moon into a sharingan.

Oh and lets introduce a whole bullshit new tailed beast! how smart!

1/5
This, although your post in the previous chapters thread was the 1st one saying that the moon would become a sharingan it was also pretty easy to come to that conclusion considering the stupid and obvious name of Madara's plan.

This Fairy Tale Is Ending
Oct 9, 2009 4:34 AM

Sep 2009
its good, yet ridiculous

1, Naruto

2, Naruto - Shippuunden

3, Naruto - Moon's Eye, Enter the Matrix

I like how madara just announced the 4th ninja war, and I hope they wont come up with more tails.
Oct 9, 2009 5:43 AM

Mar 2008
This chapter was so incredibly nonsensical I laughed my ass of during each and every page. That panel with the Sharingan/Rinnegan/Whatever-eye-shit-Kishi-pulled-together Moon was so hilarious I could barely believe what I was seeing! And Madara's cool attitude towards everyone as if they are his homies... what the fuck? It doesn't even feel like I'm reading Naruto anymore... If I pulled out volume one and re-read it right now I would be shocked. lol

Well, that scene where Madara sucks Sasuke and Karin to his own private dimension was pretty screwed up as well. I don't get it. It seems like Kishi is patching things up as he goes along... everything seems so surreal and idiotic. I hope things get better and Naruto snaps out of his emotional teenage drama. He is supposed to be the future Hokage! That depressed face doesn't suit him at all.
Oct 9, 2009 6:09 AM

Jul 2007
FlamingDogs said:
Had none of you payed attention to the chapter?
Madara announced his plan to the Kage's to try and convince them to his side.

i i think everyone noticed that, hence why that was stupid and why madara fits into "i blabber out my plan to thy so you are obliged to now join me" cliche.

Oh and you don't need to "pay attention" while reading naruto. Plot makes no sense even without noticing all the bullshit.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 27 Discussion

jeanfarias - Feb 4, 2012

14 by Matthappy »»
Jun 3, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 22 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jan 24, 2012

8 by Matthappy »»
Jun 3, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 1 Discussion

Renton126 - Aug 31, 2009

25 by Rezende1990 »»
May 20, 2:36 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.