Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 2, 2009 2:15 PM

Dec 2008
Hey and salaam to all present and future members. I just thought we should have a thread for introductions. Even though we're all Pakistani or somehow related to Pakistan, some of us do live in other countries. Thus, it would be kinda nice to know where our fellow Pakistani friends are scattered in this world. So basically, this is where you can tell us a bit about yourself (or list quick 'interesting' facts). That is ONLY if you want to, no pressure. ;)

Well then, I guess I'm first. So here are some quick facts about me (even though you can check my profile for this ^^"):

- 22 years old.
- Lives in Texas, USA.
- An undergraduate doing Bachelors of Science.
- Pre-Medical/Biology major with a minor in Education.
- Was born in Karachi but moved to US when she was about 2 months old and has been living in US since then.
- Despite the fact above, she's still a 100% desi-fied girl and proud of it. *WOOT WOOT*
- Enjoys drawing/sketching/digital art/picture and video editing stuff etc.
- Wants to tour the world.. *sigh* if possible. If not the world then at least Italy, Greece, Japan, Egypt, Saudi Arab, Australia, Alaska, Spain and Turkey. :D
- L-O-V-E-S FOOD.. in general. XD (the only thing I'm truly selfish about/with)
- Pet peeves: when people wake her up (DO NOT and I mean DO NOT disturb me when I'm sleeping... you've been warned). Dislikes math and thinks it's the worst subject ever (and I really mean EVER!). When she has to repeat herself constantly (like get with the effin program fool). And last but not least, she hates it when people generalize (you don't freakin know each and every person in this world, so just give it up dude)..... ahem *rants over*. Though, you guys don't have to worry cuz I'm sure we won't be coming across any of this here. ^^"
- Prefers both manga and anime equally. Though, has tilted more towards manga since there aren't many good animes with the 'romance' genre.
- In regards to the fact above; Yes, she's a hopeless romantic.. sue her!

Anyways, for now I'll just leave it at this. *wonders if anyone will notice ^* 0.0

PS. It's nice to meet all of you (including any future members there may be). I hope everyone has a blast and make many good memories in this club. :)
-K0K0-Oct 25, 2011 8:59 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2009 2:36 PM

Dec 2008
Thanks k0k0 =)

Yea English does seem easier to us, but now it even seems to be growing in Pak. There was actually a time when I had forgotten all of my Urdu but thanks to the 2 years living in Pak, I got caught up on it. Oh yea I forgot to mention this but guys I did do 4th and 5th grade in Pak. Anyways lol @ the Zardari part.
Oct 2, 2009 3:59 PM

Aug 2008
My turn~

I'm from Pakistan, but have mixed origins somewhere up my family tree (they're really mixed, not just like 2 or 4 different countries, tons more >_>;;). Was born in Risalpur, but only lived there for about 1 year of my baby life. Traveled all over the place, since my dad's in the military. DESPISE our country's government, hate the culture, love the clothes and language, live for the food. Currently living in the US, but will be going back to Pakistan for real this December. How am I going to survive??? O__O
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2009 4:19 PM

Dec 2008
Hey Hikari, I haven't talked to you in ages. I'm soo sorry for replying late to your msgs. (actually it's not just you) but I will get on that asap and thanks for joining the club =)

Anyways are you for real, so you're permanently moving there. That's kinda hard especially for someone who grew up in US, well good luck. Despite the horrible government and environment, it'll be fun to live there. Btw you're quite multi cultural o.o cool..
Oct 2, 2009 5:25 PM

Aug 2008
I know! I made a card for Eid for some of you members, but never got around to sending it. Will do so now. XD

I know. And I also know how harsh the society there can be for people from outside. And there's so much family drama, lol. But yay for halaal food and pastries. I swear, the sweets from US suck. These people don't know how to bake light desserts. *shakes head*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2009 6:45 PM

Sep 2008
HI,
I am Fahad Alim from Karachi.
Nice to meet you All.
BR...
Oct 4, 2009 7:44 PM

Dec 2008
@ Hikari: It's okay and I got your card, thanks (Eid Mubarak to you too). I soo agree on the food part, no matter how hard they try to bring the Paki food here it will NEVER be the same as the food in Pakistan itself. *sigh*

@ Fahad: Hi, nice to meet you too.
Oct 5, 2009 5:08 AM

Aug 2009
@Fanhad and Hikar: Yo! =D

Yeah, our good old spicy Desi Food. You can rarely find those crispy Gol Gappas, the mouth watering kabab rolls and the jalebi and samose stuff in Canada. Then there's Biryaani, Nehaari and whatnot. Our food is the best in the world.
Oct 5, 2009 1:50 PM

Aug 2008
Yep, our food rocks. These people may rule the world in most aspects, but we win when it comes to food, no competition. I can't remember the last time I ate an entire slice of cake without wanting to throw up. The cream's just too thick and fattening. *shakes head* And I could live on biryani, morning, noon, night, and any time in between. *o*
Oct 8, 2009 7:16 AM

May 2009
wow XD .... nice intros!!! .... Paki ppl really rock
Oct 9, 2009 12:32 PM

Sep 2008
well ! my name is Fahad Alim
i am a civil Engineer by profession lining in Karachi.
love to exchange Anime and love to draw, play snooker and swimming.
my favorite anime are

* Hajime no ippo
* one piece
* Hunter x Hunter
* Initial D

if anybody interested in exchanging animes, PM me...
BR....

Fahad
Oct 10, 2009 2:44 PM
Apr 2009
Hi!
And Belated Eid Mubarak! I'm 17 gonna be 18 in 6 days and I'm just your average college student who's now currently working as a teacher, temporarily speaking...
Anyways I'm just glad I can be around anime fans from my country! I LOVE anime and I dream to becom the worlds greatest manga artist ever.
I've collected about 60 anime dvds and so far 19 mangas and anime art books.
My most fav animes ever are:
Beyblade (all 3 seasons)
Black Cat
Bleach
Chrono Crusade
Fruits Basket
FullMetal Alchemist
Full Metal Panic (all 3 seasons)
Get Backers
InuYasha
Mermaid Forest
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
Ouran High School Host Club
Shonen Onmyouji
The Law of Ueki
Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles
Utawarerumono
Wolf's Rain
XXX Holic

Fav Mangas are:
Beyblade
Bleach
InuYasha
Kaichou wa Maid Sama?!
Mermaid Saga
Zombie Powder

Well, thank you once again for letting me join your club! It means alot! Thanks!
Oct 11, 2009 10:20 AM

Feb 2008
Hiya!
I'm 23 and recently started my MBA - I've previously done my Bachelors in S/W Engg.
I live in between the twin cities (Isloo & Pindi).
I started watching Anime even before I knew what it was called - in the mid '90s.I actually became aware of it during my first year of BCS when my mom had Dish TV installed and it had Animax running on it.YAY!
I love Manga as much as Anime.
I was born & bred into an Army family - my dad was a Military Officer.Hence,I got to travel a lot.I grew up in the states and did my KG and 1st grade from Melbourne,Florida.
I started my Pakistani studies from 2nd grade.My first best friend was half-Japanese,half-Pakistani - so,it was inevitable for me to fall in love with the culture.She taught me how to draw Anime/Manga,as well.
I love our food,our clothes,our culture,and traditions.
I absolutely abhor and loathe our Govt. for the obvious reasons.
Oct 11, 2009 2:45 PM

Dec 2008
@ AshYumHab: Hey and welcome!

@ Jadedgoth: Interesting life *_* so you've been here before. I live in FL too and personally I hate this state. Anyways I def. agree with your last two lines XD
Oct 12, 2009 4:30 PM

Dec 2008
okayyy dude that is really weird and creepy o.0. Did you have to put that pic up and it would have been nice to introduce yourself, cuz the ususal "hey" could have been said on the club's comment wall instead of here. (no offense)

Anyways welcome! :)
Oct 13, 2009 5:20 AM
Jan 2009
Hello my fellow peoples!
Im just about nearly 15 and i spent my childhood in Dubai,UAE.We used to watch stuff like digimon,slamdunk,yugioh etc in Arabic.Full dubbing and even dubbed OP and Ed themes.Although we didnt know they were animes,but our little minds did know that these 'cartoons' were different from the cartoons of cartoonnetwork.
Then I came to pak when i was 10 and saw that just about every single kid was playing with their silly little tops called beyblades.........but thats another story.
About manga,I did read a little in dubai,but unfortunately you dont get them here and I really really dislike reading online.After all mangas are meant to be read in print not from a screen.
And nowadays Im in the final year of O levels and after that A levels or some college i dunno.
By the way what ISP's do you people have?
Oct 13, 2009 12:11 PM

Aug 2009
Woah, quite a lot of people here I see. Good good. We need more Paki animetards.

DaRk_ChAoS said:
By the way what ISP's do you people have?

ISP? You mean the Internet dial up connection/DSL service?
=/
Oct 13, 2009 1:37 PM

Dec 2008
@ Dark chaos: Welcome and may i ask why you need to know our ISP (if you don't mind
that is)?

@ Koko: Yea I think he means Internet Service Provider like At&t, Comcast etc. But that's for here in US, so i don't know what other places have. ^^"
Oct 14, 2009 12:29 AM
Jan 2009
Yeah yeah Internet service provider.
I only wanted to know for those living in Pakistan.ISPs like PTCL and WATEEN etc.
Tell me their customer service
Oct 14, 2009 7:53 AM

Sep 2008
hi
i am using Ptcl Broadband service and i can tell you for sure, that, nothing like it in Pakistan
i am using 1mb link for only 840 RS and with unlimited downloads...
so try it, but ask this service on fiber optics connection
bye
Oct 14, 2009 11:10 AM
Jan 2009
Yeah Im using ptcl too.I actually wanted to know if anyone is using WLAN here.

dead-otaku said:
Let me properly introduce myself Im Adeel .im a three times loser in intermediate examsI got treated like a dust-bin by my dad.I am depressed.I don't like Pakistan.Every one made fun of me in life.........I LOST EVERY THING

You have my sympathies man
Oct 14, 2009 11:40 AM

Aug 2008
@dead-otaku: That's life. Gotta live with it. And the whole father vs. son scenario has got to go. You would think people would grow up and get over their egos after all that's happening in the world. *shakes head @ some people's narrow-mindedness*
Oct 14, 2009 1:26 PM

Aug 2009
dead-otaku said:
Let me properly introduce myself Im Adeel .im a three times loser in intermediate examsI got treated like a dust-bin by my dad.I am depressed.I don't like Pakistan.Every one made fun of me in life.........I LOST EVERY THING

Err...and the cause is anime? Well for the exams prolly.
Just don't slit your wrists.

I think I now understand your obsession with death.

@Tsuki
He's most likely jesting. xD
Oct 14, 2009 1:36 PM

Aug 2008
k0k0 said:
@Tsuki
He's most likely jesting. xD

Really? o_o Whatever, I still stick to what I say, whether the guy was joking or not. It might not apply to him but it's true either way.
Oct 14, 2009 1:58 PM

Aug 2009
Yeah. I agree with you there.
Oct 15, 2009 4:25 AM

Aug 2009
Ok ill give it a shot

My name is Waleed Basit

I am 19 years old, I was born in Pakistan and I live in Hyderabad but plan to go abroad to study next year.

I am an ACCA Student currently doing Part 3 of ACCA / Professional Level.

As for my anime / manga preferences I watch and read almost all genres. If something catches my attention I will probably watch it all the way even if it gets bad along the way.

I also used to be a Professional gamer but i mostly play for fun now.

Nice to meet you all :D
Oct 15, 2009 7:35 PM

Dec 2008
@ dead Otaku: ..... wow!

@ Hikari: I agree!

@ Koko: lol your comment makes him sound like an emo person.. 0.0

@ Waleed: Welcome and nice to meet you too.
Oct 16, 2009 3:58 AM

Aug 2009
Haha, he does sound emo but i'm sure he isn't. People on the internet aren't usually what they are in real life. So don't get too serious about what he says.

Hey Waleed. Nice to meet you.

And we need more members.
And hey! What about the club cards? Anyone making them? I'd really like one. I have none atm T_T
Oct 16, 2009 7:23 AM
Jun 2009
heyo! my name's Mahnoor Munaf. i'm 15 and was born in Karachi and been living here since then! =P

I like all kinds if animes i.e. if they are really fascinating or there is a character im fascinated by or can relate to the character.. I've seen very few animes tho. and I dun reli like manga.. currently im just reading bleach.. i.e. the weekly chapter..

my top 5 fave animes are Death Note, Code Geass, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Vampire Knight, Ouran High School Host Club

=D

oh and yeh, nice to meet all of u =P

although I think that dead otaku or w.e. the name was... that pic he had was.. creepy o.o
Oct 16, 2009 8:23 AM

Feb 2008
@K0K05 : Thanku! ^.^
Yup, I grew up in FL. Lol, really? How come? I always loved going to the beach and the trips to Miami and Orlando were just uber cool. Though, I was just a kid but I loved the sun. Now, I can't wait for winters to arrive. XP
Yay! XD

@DaRk_ChAoS : Welcome!Hm,I use Micronet.Nowadays Wateen and Wii-Tribe are on the rise.

Oh! And 'ello, Fahad! Hi, Waleed! Heya, Mahnoor! =D

P.S. Lol @ k0k0
Oct 16, 2009 1:35 PM

Dec 2008
@ Koko: lol it does actually. Anyways ofcourse no ones gonna take it seriously, but there's an extent to how a person can act even if its on the internet. Plus we're no fools either and after awhile it just becomes annoying. ^^"

@ Mahnoor: Nice to meet you too ^^

@ Jadedgoth: OMG i knew the beaches were coming. Thats like the first thing my parents have to say when they go through their "good reasons" list for living in FL. Then comes the whole lecture on how green and clean FL is and i'm like okay and what am i suppose to do with all this greenry o.0. Though i do agree, the only thing I will miss is all the theme parks in Orlando, since we're moving to Texas this summer. XD
Btw winter..... we floridians hardly have any cold days and we'd be lucky if there was a cold front hitting us. The thing i hate the most is the hot sunny days and its almost always raining here. They should call it the "Rainy State" rather than the "SunShine State" lol.
Oct 17, 2009 11:46 AM

Sep 2008
hi jade goth,

did you draw ur Dp???
Oct 17, 2009 2:32 PM

Feb 2008
@K0K05 : LOL,I knew you'd be expecting the beaches as well. XD
Though,I agree with your parents but I also think it really isn't a good enough reason.Haha,yeah,FL is pretty green and I just loved all the places I could go to (the theme parks),Oooh,TX!You won't miss your friends??And you'll be going to,where?Houston? *excited,as well*
Aw,I so agree!It used to rain so much when I was there - so many hurricanes!Our school used to have those drills of sorts - hiding under the tables,lol.It was rainy as much as it was sunny.The sun is blaring there.

@fahad : Hiya!I wish,lol.
Oct 29, 2009 9:15 PM

May 2009
Dead Okatu You Are Alot Like Me :)

Oct 29, 2009 9:21 PM

May 2009
Hi Guy's
I'm Vinod Kumar ! Born in 1990 on November 5th, Em From Hyderabad i used to be a Gamer too But Got a Really Busy Life :)
Well I'm Kinda Busy Person Em Graduating Intermediate Next Year :)
And i Have Part Time Work Also :)
i started watching anime's since i was 13 my friend gave me first anime that i watched DBZzZ ;)

Oct 30, 2009 1:51 AM

Aug 2009
Hey Vinny (mind if i call you that?)
Nice to meet you. =D

Isn't Vinod Kumar an Indian name?
Oct 30, 2009 1:53 AM

Aug 2009
vanisher1 said:

And no..please no....one retarded serial murder nutcase is enough for this group.
Oct 30, 2009 2:55 AM

May 2009
hahahahaha !
My Bad Sorry ! :D
Nah But that name is used for children :D
So u Haven't Heard that hindu's live in sindh?
lol Dead Okatu's Life is My Ongoing Life:P
But i'm not a failure

Oct 30, 2009 3:06 AM

Aug 2009
Ohhh no no it's ok.
xD

Hmm, well I know that there are hindus in Pakiland but i don't live in Pakiland atm so i'm not much aware of most of the things (to the point that until half an hour ago i was oblivious of the fact that peshawar has been bombed recently. Shame on me). But it's always good to have more people around.

Ofcourse you aren't. Neither's dead.....i hope..
But yeah, just make sure you don't go paranoid and take out pickaxes ready to chop off people's heads (though i wouldn't mind if your target's zardari).

AND OMG I LOVE YOUR KITTY! =3
Oct 30, 2009 3:22 AM

May 2009
hahaha ::P
Never Mind But I'd Like Chop Off People's Head Specially Political xD

Oct 30, 2009 3:30 AM

Aug 2009
You know what...I just realised I was talking to the same person on the wall as I am doing here...
Oct 30, 2009 10:27 AM

Aug 2009
Ever heard of 'Playstation'?
k0k0Oct 30, 2009 10:38 AM
Oct 30, 2009 2:09 PM

May 2009
Oh My xP
Otaku = Still Playing Kiddo Games ? ErrRr!
Koko = i think he don't have pS xD
what do you got koko playing games or watching anime ?

Oct 31, 2009 5:27 AM

Aug 2009
Ah dead...that's much better. xD

@Vanisher
Well I love PS2 games and I used to play alot last year and the years before but now there's been a significant reduction in my Videogame time. Too much workload at the moment what with college and stuff. Besides my PS2 not working so yeah...as soon as I get a new one (which i've already ordered for) i'll start on a game or two but at the moment it's anime for me. And even for anime I can barely take out time. Videogames require attention and response but anime can be watched for relaxation. Especially after all the work, in the free time I get, I wanna relax a bit. But i'm missing my games hell lot too. A short 2 week break's coming up. I hope I get the new PS2 by then.
But yeah anime's always easy, relaxing and readily available. =D
Oct 31, 2009 11:10 AM

May 2009
lol Gud Luck For Your PS xD
i haven't played any game since last 2 years :)
i think i've give up on games :)
its time for money earning xD

Koko : i want to ask you a question are u related to anyone who lives in paky or you are migrated ?

Oct 31, 2009 11:14 AM

Aug 2009
Related to anyone who lives in Paki...?
I'm a PAKISTANI!
The whole of Pakistan relates to me. xD

I'm an immigrant in KSA though.
Oct 31, 2009 11:15 AM

May 2009
And Yeah Dead Otaku Please Use Spoiler Tag For Pictures :)
[spoiler!] [/spoiler!]

remove ! :)
vanisher1Oct 31, 2009 11:18 AM

Oct 31, 2009 11:20 AM

May 2009
:O
then how did you migrate?
Your Family Migrated?

Oct 31, 2009 10:06 PM

Dec 2008
Wow even here, damn you guys are on a roll XD

@ JadedGoth: True... well as you might know already that there aren't many desis here so i don't have Paki friends except for one or two. The majority of my friends are Latins and just plain Americans, whom i will miss but its not so bad. As my mom says "we aren't really meant to be friends forever, one day we will all go our separate ways, not just because we're of a different religion and culture but also because they just have their own thing going on" and some actually did go away for University of course lol.
Wooh.. you must be one heck of a good guesser, how did you know that it was Houston or maybe you saw on my profile. But yes we are moving there and I'm so excited cuz i love that place XD. Plus we have many cousins/relatives there, so finally some social life with Paki people around.
Which years were you here, cuz to tell you the truth before 8th grade (2003) i didn't even know we had something called Hurricanes in FL lol. The biggest Hurricane season that was actually apparent to me was in 2004. We had no electricity for 2 weeks *got a lil taste of Pak in US* ;P.

@ Vanisher: Welcome!. Hmm with a life like Adeel's and yet you say "I'm not a failure", keep it up. Oh and i wouldn't say those games are childish, as they are some of the original games that we all loved playing and some still do even today. Mario XD

That's like you saying we cant watch Spongebob, shizz i still do and its one of the best cartoons ever.

@ Koko: LMAO @

" vanisher1 said:

And no..please no....one retarded serial murder nutcase is enough for this group."

You crack me up lol. Anyways i asked him the same thing about the Indian name o.0.
Oh and lol @ " by airplane" what else.

@ Adeel: That's awesome dude, for once you said soemthng that wasnt so uhhh "creepy". I see hope for you ;).
Btw no worries, we all still play those games as some of the original stuff can never be forgotten. Though the new gaming consoles are def. better. XD
Nov 1, 2009 11:15 AM

Dec 2008
yes it is... I've been found out!! =0.0=
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ramadan Mubarak

blazinc - Apr 2, 2022

0 by blazinc »»
Apr 2, 2022 12:14 PM

» Shahzor Urdu Fighting Game *insert appropriate accent*

teenoli - Dec 21, 2011

6 by SushiPie »»
May 17, 2021 7:53 AM

» Ramadan Mubarak![late]

blazinc - Apr 19, 2021

0 by blazinc »»
Apr 19, 2021 7:53 AM

» Winter Animes

blazinc - Mar 22, 2021

0 by blazinc »»
Mar 22, 2021 2:21 AM

» What anime left the strongest impression on you? And for how long were you hungover it?

ShiroNeko89 - Feb 11, 2014

18 by removed-user »»
Jan 27, 2021 8:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.